PDA

View Full Version : This is how it feels (Alloa 15 12 2020)

Jonnyboy
15-12-2020, 10:20 PM
Hibs don’t half put us supporters through the mill at times and tonight was no exception. The team that demolished Hamilton, minus the injured Kevin Nisbet, failed to show any of that flourish and had to battle right to the end to earn a place in the semi-final. It was hugely frustrating to watch as plucky Alloa were at times the better side and played some lovely football in the process. Praise must go to their players and their manager Peter Grant who got his tactics and formation spot on.

The absence of Nisbet meant that Jamie Gullan came into the starting eleven and early in the game he was part of a move that led to Drey Wright going down in the penalty area, but referee David Munro was not impressed. To be fair, Hibs had started on the front foot and an early Boyle effort was blocked on its way to goal before a free kick from decent range saw Hallberg get the ball up and over the wall but unfortunately, he missed the target.

As I said earlier, Alloa’s tactics were well formed and well executed with Hibs having trouble breaking them down. The hosts also started to come more into the game but were nearly undone when a quite superb through ball by Porteous saw Gullan receive the ball on the 18 yard line before bearing down on goal. Jamie decided to try and round the keeper but seemed to stumble and the chance was lost. I confess that at the time I felt Jamie should have gone over but later replays seemed to indicate the keeper had not made contact. Following up that event saw the ball reach Boyle who tried to curl an effort into the keepers top left corner, but the effort dropped just over the bar.

At two set pieces, Paul Hanlon had the opportunity to score but a poorly directed header and a clumsy stab at a low cross from Boyle meant the game stayed at 0-0. Around the half hour mark, Boyle had a drive that missed the target before Alloa gained possession about twenty yards from the Hibs goal. The ball was fed out to Scougall out on the right and the one time Hibs youth player skinned Lewis Stevenson before delivering a low angled cross into the box. Cawley and Hanlon competed for possession, but the ball deflected behind the Hibs man and Cawley took a shot from close range. Marciano did well to save but the ball spun up and hit Hanlon on the shin before rolling over the line.

I felt Hibs would heed the wake up call but there was little evidence of them getting level. Too many passes were going astray from our midfield and Doidge looked totally isolated up front. When half time arrived, I was seething as the players were just not at it. I sent my brother a text saying that if I were Jack Ross, I’d hook Hallberg and Wright and bring on Mallan and Magennis. It didn’t happen at half time but five minutes into the half those changes were made and Hibs soon started to play with more pace and purpose.

Hibs were seeing more of the ball now and both subs were having a positive impact. On the hour mark, Mallan delivered a corner into the six yard box; Hanlon should have scored with his head but instead the ball deflected to Doidge who fired it home at the second time of asking. Five minutes later a stunning diagonal ball from Mallan picked out Magennis on the left. The Hibs No. 7 took a couple of touches before rifling a low drive towards goal. Neil Parry in the Alloa goal was beaten but defender Jamieson was on hand to clear.

A series of crosses saw Doidge getting a couple of decent chances to score but his headed efforts were wayward. On another occasion, Doidge jumped but failed to reach a Boyle cross, but the ball struck Magennis at the far post and landed at Christian’s left foot, but the big striker blasted the ball over from close range.

With around seven minutes left, Stevenson fed Mallan at the left edge of the Alloa box. Stevie feinted to drive on and wrong footed his marker before cutting the ball back onto his right foot before delivering a dinked cross right onto the head of Doidge. From four yards out, Christian made contact but I’m not sure the effort would have gone in had it not deflected off the head of a defender.

Alloa to their credit threw everything at Hibs to try and get level and in the dying moments of the game, Rocky had a couple of brain farts that could have cost Hibs dear. Firstly, he dropped a bread and butter cross and was lucky no Alloa player was close enough to punish the mistake. Next, he took too long to clear from foot and smashed the ball against the body of an inrushing Alloa player. Thankfully, the ball flew wide of the target, but it could just as easily have hit the back of the net.

Another visit to Hampden beckons but boy did Hibs not make it hard for themselves. I thought more than a few of our players were way below the level I’d expect them to be and that our substitutions dug us out of a hole.

The players

Marciano – Firstly, Rocky made a good save at the feet of Cawley and was really unlucky that the ball then struck Hanlon before going in. I can’t though let the fact go that two basic errors in the dying embers of the game could have cost us dearly.

McGinn – Like most of his team mates, Paul never really got going in the first half, but he came onto a decent game in the second.

Porteous – Apart from defending well, I reckon Ryan struck two of the three magnificent passes during the game. Best not to dwell on the rush of blood that saw him leather a shot so high and wide that it probably showed up on the radar at Edinburgh Airport.

Hanlon – I’ve given Paul my man of the match on the last two occasions, but he was a mile away from that tonight. Had he been a tad more aggressive in attacking crosses he might have had a hat trick and that’s not including his own goal.

Stevenson – Lewis was not great tonight, and he should really have stopped the Scougall cross that led to the Alloa goal. He also tried a blind pass to Hanlon that might have cost us dear. On the plus side, his later pinpoint cross picked out Doidge with the big fella unlucky to see his headed effort drift just wide of the target.

Boyle – I thought Martin was the only really bright spot in a dire first half. Time and again he took on his man and on a couple of occasions he hit the bye line and struck a low ball into the centre but there was no sign of Doidge or Gullan trying to get on the end of it. Had a good second half too and was close to getting my man of the match.

Hallberg – As good as Melker was against Motherwell and Hamilton he was pretty poor tonight. His passing was either poor or ineffective and I wasn’t surprised when he got hooked.

Newell – I am firmly of the view that this was Joe’s worst performance of the season. He just seemed to drift around aimlessly, and I lost count of the number of times he either disappeared down a dark alley or just disappeared.

Wright – I got a bit of grief last time out for saying I was underwhelmed so I’m girding my loins for more of the same as he was tonight – underwhelming. I kinda lost the plot shouting at the TV when, on the one occasion he chose to take the ball to the byeline, he lost control and the ball rolled harmlessly over the line.

Gullan – I hoped that given the chance of a start in the team that Jamie might have grabbed it, but he was pretty mediocre throughout and only he will be able to explain why he stumbled when through one on one. It looked easier to just stroke the ball home with the net lying empty.

Doidge - Looked lost on his own at times and he got a wee bit lucky with the winning goal but overall, he worked his socks off again.

Magennis – Kyle made a real impact from the moment he arrived on the pitch and was very unlucky to see his goal bound shot cleared off the line by a defender.

Mallan – I know he only got 40 minutes, but he did enough during that time to win my man of the match award. Involved in both goals and worked hard to help drag Hibs over the line.

Jack Ross – He pretty much said what I thought he’d say – publicly, but I hope he was a bit more vociferous with the players.

Referee – David Munro had an uneventful evening and won’t get many that are easier to control in future.

hibsboy69
15-12-2020, 10:30 PM
Decent summary - thank you.

I'd disagree about Alloa being the better team at times.........I don't think they were (opinions eh?!)

As for Drey Wright - you could've saved some time by saying "simply not good enough" ! He's a terrible player it saddens me to say. :boo hoo:

SaulGoodman
15-12-2020, 10:32 PM
Doidge summary?

Jonnyboy
15-12-2020, 10:39 PM
Doidge summary?

Ooopss - I'm on it :aok:

matty_f
16-12-2020, 12:22 AM

I'd disagree about Alloa being the better team at times.........I don't think they were (opinions eh?!)

As for Drey Wright - you could've saved some time by saying "simply not good enough" ! He's a terrible player it saddens me to say. :boo hoo:
Same - i don’t think Alloa ever looked like the better team.

SingaporeHibs
16-12-2020, 02:54 AM
Rocky too casual from feet is happening far too often. Feels like every week I have my heart in my mouth watching him casually delay his kick/pass. Needs a rocket up his backside. Don’t get me wrong, he has been very good but these kicks........

Green_one
16-12-2020, 04:46 AM
For me the issue is simply finishing

McGinn said after Hamilton that we try to get the two centre halfs into the goals. This led against Alloa to Hanlon getting several real chances but failing to hit the target.

Doidge added to this picture and Gullan should have done better too.

This type of pattern will cost us and did against Hearts.

PeeJay
16-12-2020, 05:05 AM
Good read again - agree with most of your rating, but thought Gullan had a decent 1st half myself, he had a super shot tipped over the bar after some nice work on the ball, wasn't so involved 2nd half - we had a lot of possession, but our lack of pace moving forward and little creativity from our "midfield" is an issue that needs dealt with. Difficult pitch, tidy outfit, big cup game for them, not always an easy game to win, they did look good at times - thought Hibs did well to fight back and ultimately more than enough to secure the win ...

MWHIBBIES
16-12-2020, 05:11 AM
Rocky too casual from feet is happening far too often. Feels like every week I have my heart in my mouth watching him casually delay his kick/pass. Needs a rocket up his backside. Don’t get me wrong, he has been very good but these kicks........

Why is him taking his time something negative? I get it if we desperately need a goal but him taking a second is fine. He doesn't need a "rocket up his backside" because you have no composure.

He's in his 5th year here, and is a full international. I don't think he's going to change now.

BSEJVT
16-12-2020, 05:43 AM
Why is him taking his time something negative? I get it if we desperately need a goal but him taking a second is fine. He doesn't need a "rocket up his backside" because you have no composure.

He's in his 5th year here, and is a full international. I don't think he's going to change now.

Funnily enough I have seen a marked improvement this season in his kicking and he seems to be doing things at a quicker pace also.

I just think it was a lethargic performance from a good few in the team and he was part of that and nearly got caught out.

Rocky is a very good keeper but has a mistake in him, if he didn't he wouldn't be at Hibs

MWHIBBIES
16-12-2020, 05:46 AM
Funnily enough I have seen a marked improvement this season in his kicking and he seems to be doing things at a quicker pace also.

I just think it was a lethargic performance from a good few in the team and he was part of that and nearly got caught out.

Rocky is a very good keeper but has a mistake in him, if he didn't he wouldn't be at Hibs

No teams would have a goalie if they didn't have ones that make mistakes.

Since452
16-12-2020, 05:48 AM
Dissspointed with Gullan. Got his big chance last night and didn't take it.

JimBHibees
16-12-2020, 05:51 AM
Really good summary and agree including giving Alloa credit for their gameplan and execution. Losing the goal to really their only attack of the first half was a sore one however poor as we were and thought Boyle was our best player we really butchered some glorious chances be that from open play or set piece which would have made it a comfortable night. Bottom line is we are through and that is the only thing. Mallan is a real asset from the bench in these sort of tight games and deserves great credit.

BSEJVT
16-12-2020, 05:52 AM
No teams would have a goalie if they didn't have ones that make mistakes.

Thanks for that insight Einstein

There is absolutely no denying that Rocky is more error prone than he ought to be for a full international.

However the good outweighs the bad

JimBHibees
16-12-2020, 05:54 AM

Personally was very surprised he started wide left with Wright more central.

Since452
16-12-2020, 05:54 AM

There is absolutely no denying that Rocky is more error prone than he ought to be for a full international.

It's probably the reason he's still at Hibs and hasn't moved to a higher level. In fairness I think he's made less mistakes this season than in the past. I've been very critical of him over the last few seasons.

JimBHibees
16-12-2020, 05:56 AM

Because he almost cost us the win with dropping a late cross and inexplicably kicking the ball against an attacker.

marinello59
16-12-2020, 06:00 AM

His second half wasn’t great but I didn’t think he did that badly in the first half.

DaveF
16-12-2020, 06:56 AM
His second half wasn’t great but I didn’t think he did that badly in the first half.

Correct. Far too many posters eager to write off our young players because they don't put in a magical performance when they start.

These same folk would have had Cummings out the door given it took him 16 games or so to score a goal.

The whole team was poor last night. Gullan should be last in line for criticism.

BILLYHIBS
16-12-2020, 07:16 AM
Brilliant Jonnyboy

I am with you on Wright

If it looks like a duck walks like a duck it’s a duck

Not good enough

Rocky?

It’s that time of year when he looks as though he is going to throw one in

If a keeper has a clanger in his locker he shouldn’t be at HIBS imho

We are all HIBS

Newall is an enigma

Hallberg needs to show more consistency he let himself down

Will drop back down the pecking order

Gullan?

Is he a left sided attacker, midfield or a centre forward ?

He was ok but let himself down expected more

Hanlon needs to be more clinical in front of goal shudda had a hat-trick

I was impressed with Peter Grant spoke well set his team up well but at no point did I think they were the better team

We got away with one as they had key players missing from the team that beat Hearts

I would have hated to have played their full strength team

Special mention to Stevie Mallan

Legend

MWHIBBIES
16-12-2020, 07:24 AM

I'll deny it. Imo he's quality and makes many less mistakes than others we've had. There's a reason he's had 5 years here when others rarely last 2.

Been part of an excellent defence this season.

Greenbeard
16-12-2020, 09:29 AM

Nothing wrong with him taking his time at the appropriate moment and in a safe manner, but he has definitely taken over from Efe as Hibs "heart in the mouth" player and that sort of ricochet has been coming for a while.

JohnMcM
16-12-2020, 10:48 AM
Thanks Jonnyboy,

I didn't see the match but had Hibs TV commentary, so your summary is a good read again. You've helped me understand some of "exchanges of opinions" in the other threads I've read about individual players and this match in particular.

Keep the summaries coming please.:greengrin

16-12-2020, 11:24 AM
Brilliant Jonnyboy

I am with you on Wright

If it looks like a duck walks like a duck it’s a duck

Not good enough

Rocky?

It’s that time of year when he looks as though he is going to throw one in

If a keeper has a clanger in his locker he shouldn’t be at HIBS imho

We are all HIBS

Newall is an enigma

Hallberg needs to show more consistency he let himself down

Will drop back down the pecking order

Gullan?

Is he a left sided attacker, midfield or a centre forward ?

He was ok but let himself down expected more

Hanlon needs to be more clinical in front of goal shudda had a hat-trick

I was impressed with Peter Grant spoke well set his team up well but at no point did I think they were the better team

We got away with one as they had key players missing from the team that beat Hearts

I would have hated to have played their full strength team

Special mention to Stevie Mallan

Legend

I watched the 2nd half last night. By that time Alloa had something to hang onto and Grant had 11 men behind the ball and very well organised. The combination of that and their astro turf made it difficult for a lethargic looking Hibs team and JR quite rightly made his substitutions and made them earlier than he normally does and that swung the momentum back in our favour. Happily we got the result over the line.
With regards to Rocky I think his overall distribution has improved immensely this season, which I have been putting down to the change in goalkeeping coach but I do think he still panics when the ball is played back to him and there is an on rushing opponent to deal with.

BILLYHIBS
16-12-2020, 11:43 AM
I watched the 2nd half last night. By that time Alloa had something to hang onto and Grant had 11 men behind the ball and very well organised. The combination of that and their astro turf made it difficult for a lethargic looking Hibs team and JR quite rightly made his substitutions and made them earlier than he normally does and that swung the momentum back in our favour. Happily we got the result over the line.
With regards to Rocky I think his overall distribution has improved immensely this season, which I have been putting down to the change in goalkeeping coach but I do think he still panics when the ball is played back to him and there is an on rushing opponent to deal with.

Agree

You are spot on with the first paragraph

Rocky’s distribution has improved I remember one instance in the first half there were two Alloa forwards bearing down on him and he played a majestic ball out to Lewis as cool as you like

He still gives me the fear though his dropped ball in the box and that ricochet could have gone anywhere in the last minute

As you quite rightly say it begs the question what were previous coaches doing with him with regards distribution?

To me he has never looked comfortable on the ball especially when he has too long to ‘think’ about it

My point is we should not accept it because he is at HIBS we deserve better than that we deserve nothing but the best

I also agree that if he could totally remove that from his game he would be a top top goalkeeper and he would have got his much longed for move years ago

Interesting that Neil Lennon never came back for him?

MWHIBBIES
16-12-2020, 12:13 PM
Nothing wrong with him taking his time at the appropriate moment and in a safe manner, but he has definitely taken over from Efe as Hibs "heart in the mouth" player and that sort of ricochet has been coming for a while.

Efe another who I never understood the panicking about. How many mistakes did he actually make? I'd say significantly less than Gray, McGregor, Hanlon or Lewis. He was pure class.

calumhibee1
16-12-2020, 12:22 PM
Agree with a lot of that.

Glad we got through but it was a massively underwhelming performance with a few players like Wright and Hallberg who really had an opportunity to nail down a starting spot well below par. Wright especially looked painfully out his depth and that’s starting to become the norm.

Hoping for St Mirren in the semi!

Bobby's Cinema
16-12-2020, 12:23 PM
I was happy enough with our performance TBH, we were only guilty of not forcing it enough in the first half while on the other hand showed decent patience in the second.

On another night if you look back at the chances we created we could have had 4 or 5 and Alloa were hardly near our penalty area.

Another away win and another Semi final.

I like Gullan but I am not sure we get the most out of him in that position. Good performance form the lads off the bench - Mallan has had a few decent cameos this season.

All positive from me.

Coco Bryce
16-12-2020, 12:29 PM
I think we can safely say Drey Wright is just not good enough for Hibs.

I don't care if he put in a couple of good crosses in last weekend.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

16-12-2020, 12:34 PM
Agree

You are spot on with the first paragraph

Rocky’s distribution has improved I remember one instance in the first half there were two Alloa forwards bearing down on him and he played a majestic ball out to Lewis as cool as you like

He still gives me the fear though his dropped ball in the box and that ricochet could have gone anywhere in the last minute

As you quite rightly say it begs the question what were previous coaches doing with him with regards distribution?

To me he has never looked comfortable on the ball especially when he has too long to ‘think’ about it

My point is we should not accept it because he is at HIBS we deserve better than that we deserve nothing but the best

I also agree that if he could totally remove that from his game he would be a top top goalkeeper and he would have got his much longed for move years ago

Interesting that Neil Lennon never came back for him?

I agree with your point about previous coaches.
He has always been a great shot stopper but has had two glaring weaknesses in not being able to come for cross balls and his distribution, both of which can be greatly improved by proper coaching.
Previous Head coaches did not appear do much about this either but I am glad to see JR has taken action on both because there is evidence that he is collecting a few more cross balls as well as his improved distribution particularly from his hands.

BILLYHIBS
16-12-2020, 12:42 PM
He has always been a great shot stopper but has had two glaring weaknesses in not being able to come for cross balls and his distribution, both of which can be greatly improved by proper coaching.
Previous Head coaches did not appear do much about this either but I am glad to see JR has taken action on both because there is evidence that he is collecting a few more cross balls as well as his improved distribution particularly from his hands.
Agree

Needs to improve decision making sometimes he comes now sometimes he doesn’t rather than not at all 😃

Greenbeard
16-12-2020, 12:58 PM
Good idea from Malcolm on the Hibs TV Match Highlights thread:

"I never saw this game but listened to it and read the ‘how it feels’ report so I’ve an idea of what was missing. I’ve thought before that if only this had the relevant minute alongside descriptions of events then, where HibsTV provide whole game, I could find them without trying scrolling in hit or miss fashion. :greengrin A bit much to ask though!"

What chance Johnnyboy? No offence, but I suspect you are old school notebook and pen during the match. If so, an approximate incident time for anything reported would make your reports even better than brilliant. Brillianter.

Lang Toun hibby
16-12-2020, 02:21 PM

One thing I noticed last night compared to when Rocky plays for Israel is 90% of the time with Hibs he kicks it out but with Isreal it is the complete opposite and he throws it out. I don't think our back three/four can play against pressing football. This means when Rocky kicks it out it is only Dodgy who is going for the ball and most times we lose possession.

brog
16-12-2020, 02:53 PM
One thing I noticed last night compared to when Rocky plays for Israel is 90% of the time with Hibs he kicks it out but with Isreal it is the complete opposite and he throws it out. I don't think our back three/four can play against pressing football. This means when Rocky kicks it out it is only Dodgy who is going for the ball and most times we lose possession.

He threw one out the park last night! :wink:

brog
16-12-2020, 03:17 PM
Excellent summary John, hard to argue with anything there, especially about it being Newell's poorest game. Joe took lethargy to new heights yesterday! Just a couple of thoughts.
1. Hallberg, I commented after the weekend it was good to see him playing positively & contributing to our goals. Last night I thought he started well, drove forward a couple of times & had good composure. As soon as we went behind he retreated into his shell & started his usual pass back nonsense. Even worse he passed back inaccurately & put us in trouble on a couple of occasions.
2. Jamie Gullan. I don't think he did much wrong with his one on one. He clearly stumbled, whether by contact or not. ( I've watched a few times & I still can't tell). I suspect most folks' (including the ref) 1st thoughts would have been that there was contact. Regardless, the stumble took him away from goal on a difficult angle & I dont really think it was an empty net scenario. Jamie's a young player trying desperately hard & IIRC he had our only shot on target in the 1st hour! I'll cut him some slack.

BSEJVT
16-12-2020, 03:36 PM
I'll deny it. Imo he's quality and makes many less mistakes than others we've had. There's a reason he's had 5 years here when others rarely last 2.

Been part of an excellent defence this season.

And that in a nutshell is the problem entering into any debate with you.

You are either entirely blinkered or will defend your point of view, despite it flying in the face of reason, because you can't admit you may just may be mistaken.

I like Rocky and have not once suggested moving him, but he makes some absolutely horrific errors, the one for Israel recently springs to mind.

These aren't every day dropped crosses, palming crosses and shots into the net what have you things that every keeper does, these are really really poor mistakes like delaying clearances and having them charged down when there is no need to do so, getting beat at your near post from the touchline in Semi Finals.

I have felt a bit more secure with him this season as he seems to have speeded up his act a bit and IMO his kicking has improved a fair bit, but last night was really poor and he and we dodged a bullet.

He is for the very most part a more than decent keeper we are lucky to have but lets put it like this when he does make a mistake its not a total shock.

There is a reason you probably top the ignore list rankings and it is because you are right and everyone else wrong and folk get fed up listening to a know all.

I had hoped that you would have mellowed a bit and took you off my ignore list, sadly that was a mistake.

Iggy Pope
16-12-2020, 03:57 PM
In my usual state of complete agitation last night (even though it’s meant to be boring watching them on the telly), I was suggesting loudly, somewhat a-Pope-plectically in fact to Mrs Pope with 20 mins left that Rocky clearly had a clanger in him and I wish we would keep the ball the **** away from him. He had uncharacteristically dropped a cross but gathered it by the time both Hanlon and Porteous were culpable in being far too casual knocking things back to him when he wasn’t having his best night.
I too, as others have said, think his kicking and overall distribution has clearly improved. Last night though he was back to being unable to kick ***** off that dyke (see discussion some time back, it was probably about the time he had the mare against the Huns at Easter Road).

BILLYHIBS
16-12-2020, 04:03 PM

You are either entirely blinkered or will defend your point of view, despite it flying in the face of reason, because you can't admit you may just may be mistaken.

I like Rocky and have not once suggested moving him, but he makes some absolutely horrific errors, the one for Israel recently springs to mind.

These aren't every day dropped crosses, palming crosses and shots into the net what have you things that every keeper does, these are really really poor mistakes like delaying clearances and having them charged down when there is no need to do so, getting beat at your near post from the touchline in Semi Finals.

I have felt a bit more secure with him this season as he seems to have speeded up his act a bit and IMO his kicking has improved a fair bit, but last night was really poor and he and we dodged a bullet.

He is for the very most part a more than decent keeper we are lucky to have but lets put it like this when he does make a mistake its not a total shock.

There is a reason you probably top the ignore list rankings and it is because you are right and everyone else wrong and folk get fed up listening to a know all.

I had hoped that you would have mellowed a bit and took you off my ignore list, sadly that was a mistake.

The Israel mistake was a howler

Not one you would expect from an International goalkeeper

Dearie me!

Col L
16-12-2020, 04:48 PM
Pretty much how I saw it (mostly through my fingers and white knuckles) - thanks John!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
16-12-2020, 05:47 PM

:faf: get over yourself, what a laughable post.

I'm blinkered because I disagree with your opinion (that is based on no facts youve presented at all) ? Yeah, alright buddy.
Semi finals? You mean semi final? When the wall badly let him down as well. You will never list 1 football player who hasn't made some dreadful mistakes. Not one.

Rocky is a good goalie, best we've had in a long time. Enjoy him. He makes far less mistakes than the average SPL goalie. His shot stopping is among the best in the league, probably top 2.

MWHIBBIES
16-12-2020, 05:48 PM
The Israel mistake was a howler

Not one you would expect from an International goalkeeper

Dearie me!

I mean, Oliver Kahn chucked one in in the world cup final. Still won the best player award. Mistakes happen at the very, very top level. Being an international goalkeeper doesn't mean he isn't human.

BILLYHIBS
16-12-2020, 05:55 PM
I mean, Oliver Kahn chucked one in in the world cup final. Still won the best player award. Mistakes happen at the very, very top level. Being an international goalkeeper doesn't mean he isn't human.

I am sorry but it is well documented that I just don’t trust the guy and HIBS are my number one priority

No point bringing up his list of HIBS howlers again

MWHIBBIES
16-12-2020, 05:57 PM
I am sorry but it is well documented that I just don’t trust the guy and HIBS are my number one priority

No point bringing up the list of HIBS howlers again

Can I ask who you do trust in our current side? Because they all make mistakes, some make plenty more than Marciano.

BILLYHIBS
16-12-2020, 05:59 PM
Can I ask who you do trust in our current side? Because they all make mistakes, some make plenty more than Marciano.

Funnily enough my POTY so far is that prolific striker Paul Hanlon :greengrin

Since452
16-12-2020, 06:31 PM

I was pulling my hair out with him in the Scottish Cup semi. Every time he had the ball he slowed the tempo right down by taking an age to do anything with it. He doesn't release the ball quickly.

Jonnyboy
16-12-2020, 09:51 PM

Same - i don’t think Alloa ever looked like the better team.

I guess the words I used in the opening paragraph kinda over egged the Alloa contribution. I felt there were a number of occasions when they kept the ball well and as such were dominant in those brief passages of play :aok:

Good idea from Malcolm on the Hibs TV Match Highlights thread:

"I never saw this game but listened to it and read the ‘how it feels’ report so I’ve an idea of what was missing. I’ve thought before that if only this had the relevant minute alongside descriptions of events then, where HibsTV provide whole game, I could find them without trying scrolling in hit or miss fashion. :greengrin A bit much to ask though!"

What chance Johnnyboy? No offence, but I suspect you are old school notebook and pen during the match. If so, an approximate incident time for anything reported would make your reports even better than brilliant. Brillianter.

I'm old enough to be a pen and pad person but in truth I mainly do this is how it feels, from memory. I confess though that I sometimes use the BBC text coverage to keep me right on the sequence of events.

I'll give it a bash re the timings, next time out :aok:

Greenbeard
16-12-2020, 10:25 PM
I guess the words I used in the opening paragraph kinda over egged the Alloa contribution. I felt there were a number of occasions when they kept the ball well and as such were dominant in those brief passages of play :aok:

I'm old enough to be a pen and pad person but in truth I mainly do this is how it feels, from memory. I confess though that I sometimes use the BBC text coverage to keep me right on the sequence of events.

I'll give it a bash re the timings, next time out :aok:

Impressive stuff if you do all these reports from memory! No ill effects from heading that old leather ball then!

BILLYHIBS
16-12-2020, 10:31 PM
Impressive stuff if you do all these reports from memory! No ill effects from heading that old leather ball then!

Well he did forget Doidge was even playing and he scored two goals 😃

Jonnyboy
16-12-2020, 10:55 PM

:greengrin

Well he did forget Doidge was even playing and he scored two goals 😃

:greengrin

SaulGoodman
16-12-2020, 11:03 PM

No point bringing up his list of HIBS howlers again

How about a list of times he’s kept HIBS in the game or made some world class saves?

BILLYHIBS
17-12-2020, 05:39 AM
How about a list of times he’s kept HIBS in the game or made some world class saves?
How about you read my post #25 instead of half a thread?

How about Rocky comes off his line for Porto’s Gary Owen in the box versus Celtic and uses his height, his hands and maybes jumps grabs the ball to take the pressure off the whole situation and we win the game? :greengrin

For something more up to up to date how about throws the ball out the park drops the ball in the box and kicks the ball off a forward?