PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Dundee Utd on Saturday

CMurdoch
15-12-2020, 09:52 PM
After finally boxing Alloa we move onto playing Dundee Utd at Easter Road on Saturday afternoon.
Another win required to keep the pressure on Aberdeen.

What of the injured?
Nisbet injured for tonights game - Will he be back for Saturday?
Gogic - will he be fit for Saturday and will he play?
Mackie - not listed tonight. Will he be available for Saturday?
Murphy - will he be fit for Saturday

Magennis back tonight and did well - Will he start on Saturday?
Wright, Hallberg & Newell didn't play well tonight. Will it cost them their places on Saturday
Mallan saved our ass tonight. Was pleased for the guy. He has all the technical ability in the world but struggles to use it when he doesn't get time and space because he doesn't have the physicality or the speed to shake players off. Has he found a new role. Super sub, once everyone has slowed down a bit?

In view of all of the above what's the team going to be?
Strengths and weaknesses of the opposition? Have decent strikers and a good goalkeeper but a few duffers like centre half Connolly. They did well for most of their game against Rangers on Sunday.

Only a great strike by Doidge separated the teams in the last match between the two. Who's going to be our Mallan on Saturday?

Juniper Greens
15-12-2020, 09:56 PM
Same team that started against Hamilton for me.

Wright wasn't great tonight, but he has been good recently and the balance has looked good. Unfortunately I think a lot of our shortcomings today came from Nisbet being out and Gullan not being good enough as a starter. Impact player at best.

CMurdoch
15-12-2020, 10:01 PM
Same team that started against Hamilton for me.

Wright wasn't great tonight, but he has been good recently and the balance has looked good. Unfortunately I think a lot of our shortcomings today came from Nisbet being out and Gullan not being good enough as a starter. Impact player at best.

Yeah, missed Nisbet tonight. Missed his clever runs. Doidge missed having him nearby as well. Fingers crossed that the injury is on the mend. 4 days to recover.

wookie70
15-12-2020, 10:19 PM
If Nisbet is out I'd be tempted to play 4-5-1 with Gogic, Newall and Mallan in the middle and Boyle and Murphy out wide, Might be interesting to see lots of square pegs in square holes

CMurdoch
15-12-2020, 10:35 PM
If Nisbet is out I'd be tempted to play 4-5-1 with Gogic, Newall and Mallan in the middle and Boyle and Murphy out wide, Might be interesting to see lots of square pegs in square holes

Hibs never tell us much about player injuries these days.
it seems a deliberate policy of hush hush so not sure what injuries our players have and when they will return.

Scooter
16-12-2020, 06:04 AM
If Nesbit is out. I'd like to push Boyle forward and give Drey Wright a game in his actual position. With magennis taking the left or gullan. (Murphy's a big miss). I think stevie Mallan has to play now

Rocky

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wright
Mallan
Newell
Magennis

Boyle
Doidge

HH81
16-12-2020, 06:17 AM
I read online the expected return date of Murphy is end of December.

So looks like he will miss a few more games. Shame.

I am at a funeral Saturday but hoping to be home for the game. Anyone know if you can buy the PPV right up to kick off?

Juniper Greens
16-12-2020, 06:26 AM
I read online the expected return date of Murphy is end of December.

So looks like he will miss a few more games. Shame.

I am at a funeral Saturday but hoping to be home for the game. Anyone know if you can buy the PPV right up to kick off?

Yep. I bought one of the away ones 5 mins after kick off

HH81
16-12-2020, 06:39 AM
Yep. I bought one of the away ones 5 mins after kick off

Cool cheers 👍

we are hibs
16-12-2020, 08:00 AM
I dont know about Saturday but Gogic is surely a nailed on starter for Ibrox. Thats the kind of game hes been signed to do his thing in.

As for saturday:

Marciano
McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson
Boyle
Hallberg
Newell
Magennis
Doidge
Nisbet

Jim44
16-12-2020, 08:36 AM
I dont know about Saturday but Gogic is surely a nailed on starter for Ibrox. Thats the kind of game hes been signed to do his thing in.

As for saturday:

Marciano
McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson
Boyle
Hallberg
Newell
Magennis
Doidge
Nisbet

I’d go with this, except that I would play Mallan instead of Hallberg. Give Mallan the first half and see how it goes. If necessary swap him for Hallberg in the second half.

CMurdoch
17-12-2020, 03:30 PM
I’d go with this, except that I would play Mallan instead of Hallberg. Give Mallan the first half and see how it goes. If necessary swap him for Hallberg in the second half.

Other way round for me. Bring Mallan on for the last 20 mins when the opposition is tired leaving Stevie room and time to do his thang.

Jim44
17-12-2020, 03:48 PM
Other way round for me. Bring Mallan on for the last 20 mins when the opposition is tired leaving Stevie room and time to do his thang.

If that works, fine, but reading Mallan’s thoughts about his role at Hibs, he’s clearly not enamoured at becoming a ‘super sub’. There’s every chance that he could become disaffected.

Nicho87
17-12-2020, 03:51 PM
I’d go with

Marciano
McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg
Newell

Boyle
Mallan / Magennis
Gullan

Doidge

If Nisbet fit, replaces mallan.

BSEJVT
17-12-2020, 05:18 PM
If Nesbit is out. I'd like to push Boyle forward and give Drey Wright a game in his actual position. With magennis taking the left or gullan. (Murphy's a big miss). I think stevie Mallan has to play now

Rocky

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wright
Mallan
Newell
Magennis

Boyle
Doidge

Nesbit definitely wont be playing mate we have no-one of that name on our books.

His name is Kevin NISBET

SquashedFrogg
17-12-2020, 05:26 PM
Nesbit definitely wont be playing mate we have no-one of that name on our books.

His name is Kevin NISBET

Relax man.

Keith_M
17-12-2020, 05:45 PM
Relax man.

Just be grateful you didn't accidentally call our manager Ross Jack.

This place goes into meltdown when that happens :wink: