There’s another thread below on this

erin go bragh
14-12-2020, 11:29 AM
Any video broadcast on this game ?

It’s on premier sports

hhibs
14-12-2020, 03:36 PM
Thanks to you both.

Looking forward to our team line up for this one,some fringe, bench players getting a go ?

Since452
14-12-2020, 04:33 PM
Thanks to you both.

Looking forward to our team line up for this one,some fringe, bench players getting a go ?

I hope not. It's a national cup quarter final. Full strength.

Billy Whizz
14-12-2020, 04:51 PM
I hope not. It's a national cup quarter final. Full strength.

It’s a big game for Hibs, regardless of who we’re playing
Need to be at it from the start. Hopefully the weather won’t be as bad as it was last time we played at Alloa

Andy74
14-12-2020, 04:56 PM
Have to play our strongest team in this one.

500miles
14-12-2020, 05:01 PM
Have to play our strongest team in this one.

I'd suggest we give Gogic a run out. It's a slow bumpy pitch, and he'll make it impossible for them to get forward, which should mean our forwards can focus in pinning them back.

Good opportunity for Gullan too.

Hiber-nation
14-12-2020, 08:15 PM
We've been very good on artificial surfaces recently. Don't think we've lost on one since that dreadful performance at Livi at the end of last year.

Stuart93
14-12-2020, 08:55 PM
I reckon we win this one easily

Bishop Hibee
14-12-2020, 11:45 PM
Stumped up the cash to watch this one. Full team out please and have it done and dusted quickly. It’s Hibs so although I think we’ll win, on that awful surface it may not be easy.

seanshow
15-12-2020, 03:11 AM
Stumped up the cash to watch this one.
Hey bud how much is this game online, not tv/sat ect.

JimBHibees
15-12-2020, 05:42 AM
Stumped up the cash to watch this one. Full t eam out please and have it done and dusted quickly. It’s Hibs so although I think we’ll win, on that awful surface it may not be easy.

Don't think the surface is as bad as it was probably on a par with Hamilton.

Since452
15-12-2020, 05:46 AM
Same team as Saturday and make changers if/when the game is put to bed

JimBHibees
15-12-2020, 05:48 AM

Yep no reason to change. Totally different game to Hamilton as they will be organised defensively but are also half decent on the ball. The game becomes much more difficult for them if we go ahead

Sir David Gray
15-12-2020, 06:51 AM
Hey bud how much is this game online, not tv/sat ect.

It's only available on Premier Sports, assuming you're in the UK.

Since452
15-12-2020, 07:12 AM

We should do but been a long time since Alloa have played a big team. Cup final for them.

King Cosell
15-12-2020, 07:17 AM

Opposite for me. Wholesale changes, bring on the big boys if need be.

Marciano

McGinn
McGregor
Hanlon
Mackie

Wright
Gogic
Mallan
McGennis

Doidge
Gullan

Andy74
15-12-2020, 07:59 AM

Marciano

McGinn
McGregor
Hanlon
Mackie

Wright
Gogic
Mallan
McGennis

Doidge
Gullan

Not in a quarter final.

we are hibs
15-12-2020, 08:04 AM
Is Alloa's pitch still shortened the minimum it can legally be? I remember they done that a few years back but cant remember if they changed it again. Also, whats the weather like out there today? It was absolutely horrendous to watch last season v Glasgow when the wind was bad. We should be winning this and with a few goals to spare. Hopefully if we are in a healthy position we can bring on Gullan and Bradley and give them a decent run out and give Nisbet/Boyle a little rest.

vuefrom1875
15-12-2020, 08:27 AM

To win to nil..6/4😎

hibbyfraelibby
15-12-2020, 08:29 AM
Thanks to you both.

No chance. The money for reaching the semi final is too important to use this as a development game.

Brightside
15-12-2020, 08:30 AM

Marciano

McGinn
McGregor
Hanlon
Mackie

Wright
Gogic
Mallan
McGennis

Doidge
Gullan

Please no. I dont want Daz playing on a plastic pitch.

danhibees1875
15-12-2020, 09:43 AM
Something inbetween for me.

Respectful of Alloa and the importance of getting through to the next round but that also gives some game time to those on the fringes currently or returning from injury.

number9dream
15-12-2020, 10:41 AM
I'd be tempted to go with the same side from Saturday, try to get the game wrapped up early then get a few subs on.
It might be an idea to bring Doig in. We probably won't be doing much defending, it would keep his head up and give Stevenson a break before Saturday since he was out for a wee while and may not be as indestructible as he once was.

Keith_M
15-12-2020, 11:10 AM
Alloa recently beat Hearts at The Recs, so I don't think we should take this game for granted by playing a load of reserves.

I'd imagine JR has the same viewpoint.

ABZHFC
15-12-2020, 11:13 AM
I'd like to see Magennis play, think it's the kind of game he could have a big impact in

Hibernian Verse
15-12-2020, 11:25 AM
We can make 5 changes so we should start with the the strongest team we have, control the game and look to rest players later on.

HaltomHibs
15-12-2020, 01:58 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned but an adoring American public can watch todays match live on ESPN+.

In other news you can catch glimpses of Hearts amongst the lower leagues round-up on You Tube.

Since452
15-12-2020, 03:37 PM
If Ross played the likes of McGregor and Gullan and we got papped out could you imagine the backlash?

Carheenlea
15-12-2020, 04:04 PM
A game like this tonight is one of those I miss the most - a less than glamorous midweek away cup tie, not too far to travel, great chance of reaching semis, under the lights on a crumbling terrace or sat in the gazebo for the lucky ones quickest off the mark on the ticket site, rushing away from work with a pie and hot bovril at ground for tea and bumping into the familiar away day faces.

Still feels like we are a long way from getting back and while watching on tv or stream is acceptable under the circumstances it doesn’t carry the same anticipation. Haven’t really given tonight’s game much thought and will tune in just before kick off hopefully with a stream. Had I been going I’d have been looking forward to it all day.

Billy Whizz
15-12-2020, 04:16 PM
A game like this tonight is one of those I miss the most - a less than glamorous midweek away cup tie, not too far to travel, great chance of reaching semis, under the lights on a crumbling terrace or sat in the gazebo for the lucky ones quickest off the mark on the ticket site, rushing away from work with a pie and hot bovril at ground for tea and bumping into the familiar away day faces.

Still feels like we are a long way from getting back and while watching on tv or stream is acceptable under the circumstances it doesn’t carry the same anticipation. Haven’t really given tonight’s game much thought and will tune in just before kick off hopefully with a stream. Had I been going I’d have been looking forward to it all day.

And standing at the wee mobile van, for a Roll in Pie😀

Smartie
15-12-2020, 04:19 PM

I feel exactly the same.

I haven't been to as many away games in recent years but I miss them more than the home ones right now, for the reasons you mention.

I'm not craving a home game as much as I'm craving an away trip like the one you mention, like the Alloa game.

Garymcl
15-12-2020, 05:04 PM
On sportsound coming up soon talking to mickey weir and Keith wright about 1991 league cup final

EI255
15-12-2020, 05:18 PM
Link anyone?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
15-12-2020, 05:39 PM
Just noticed when looking at the fixture list that if we win tonight, it'll be seven games unbeaten.

Hopefully we can keep that going for a while.

Billy Whizz
15-12-2020, 05:41 PM
Should be getting team news in 10/15 mins

Frazerbob
15-12-2020, 05:41 PM

Marciano

McGinn
McGregor
Hanlon
Mackie

Wright
Gogic
Mallan
McGennis

Doidge
Gullan

Start our strongest team. Massive match. If we’re lucky enough to get a good lead then bring on the fringe guys.

Sir David Gray
15-12-2020, 05:46 PM
🆕 We're good to go.

📋 Starting XI: Marciano, P. McGinn, Porteous, Hanlon ©, Stevenson, Wright, Hallberg, Newell, Boyle, Gullan, Doidge.

♻ Substitutes: Barnes, Gray, McGregor, Doig, S. McGinn, Magennis, Mallan, Bradley.

🍕 Delivered by La Favorita. https://t.co/4seXGnGYsS

Stuart93
15-12-2020, 05:47 PM
Nisbet injured or just rested?

Since452
15-12-2020, 05:49 PM

No Idea. Either way massive loss

cabbageandribs1875
15-12-2020, 05:50 PM
🆕 We're good to go.

📋 Starting XI: Marciano, P. McGinn, Porteous, Hanlon ©, Stevenson, Wright, Hallberg, Newell, Boyle, Gullan, Doidge.

♻ Substitutes: Barnes, Gray, McGregor, Doig, S. McGinn, Magennis, Mallan, Bradley.

🍕 Delivered by La Favorita. https://t.co/4seXGnGYsS

strong starting 11, good to see Jamie Gullan getting a start

Stuart93
No Idea. Either way massive loss

Yep. Not sure he’ll have been needed for tonight

Billy Whizz

Must be injured, or he’d be on the bench

Andy74

Think Ross said he was playing at the weekend with a bit of an injury.

B.H.F.C

Must be injured. Noticed he had an ice pack when he got subbed on Saturday.

Since452
15-12-2020, 05:53 PM
Yeah think so. Big chance for Gullan. Bit of pressure on him too, up front against Alloa with the transfer window coming up. Type of chance he needs to take if he wants to break in to the first team more often.

kaimendhibs
15-12-2020, 07:14 PM
Contrast and colour keeps changing arghh

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

HH81
15-12-2020, 07:18 PM
Very sloppy last few mins after having all the ball for first 10 minutes.