PDA

View Full Version : Away Form

Baldy Foghorn
13-12-2020, 05:29 PM
Hibs have won 7 out of 10 away from home this Season.

When did we last manage that (any history gurus out there)?

Ringothedog
13-12-2020, 05:37 PM

I was commenting on this to my wife, I can’t believe that they wait until I can’t get to the games and then have away form like this 😂

EI255
13-12-2020, 08:02 PM
Just watched the highlights. Hibs look so slick on the counter now. Real danger up front as well. Exciting times!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Sweet Left Peg
13-12-2020, 08:56 PM
Roll on Boxing Day!

Hermit Crab
14-12-2020, 05:18 AM
Roll on Boxing Day!

We won’t be allowed to
Win at Ibrox. The officials will see to that.

Hermit Crab
14-12-2020, 05:21 AM
Good away form so far but it just shows you we can be dreadful as well. Aberdeen away was simply a disgrace, we shat it at parkhead and couldn’t score up in Dingwall as well.

Then there’s that semi final. 3 of those were huge games and we bottled them. If we can sort out the big game phobia we seem to have then we’re looking at Europe next season.

hibbysam
14-12-2020, 07:15 AM
Good away form so far but it just shows you we can be dreadful as well. Aberdeen away was simply a disgrace, we shat it at parkhead and couldn’t score up in Dingwall as well.

Then there’s that semi final. 3 of those were huge games and we bottled them. If we can sort out the big game phobia we seem to have then we’re looking at Europe next season.

We hardly shat it at parkhead 😂 without winning ‘big games’ like you say, we are an absolute mile clear of 5th in the European spots, although 5th would probably be enough for that as well.

flash
14-12-2020, 09:03 AM

Magnificently negative take on events HC. Even you must admit things are looking pretty exciting right now.

SChibs
14-12-2020, 09:19 AM

Deary me. What make you think we need to sort out the big games to get Europe? We are currently 3rd and we are consistently taking points off the teams below us bar Aberdeen. Even if Aberdeen were to overtake us we are still well on course for a European place for finishing 4th.

We had a bad game at aberdeen I'll give you that but we didnt play particularly badly at Celtic Park. Despite Celtics recent troubles they are a very good side and we arent expected to beat them away. Ross County was just one of those games where you cant get the ball to go in. Rangers drew 0-0 with Livi away and look at them this season.

Keith_M
14-12-2020, 09:22 AM

:faf:

You tell them mate! How dare they see the positive when the glass is only ever half full.

Jones28
14-12-2020, 09:24 AM
Negative Nelly is back! Where was he on Saturday when we basking in the glow of a 0-4 win?!

Northernhibee
14-12-2020, 09:27 AM
**** me. People moan when Stubbs gave us 4-0 against Rangers, some amazing derby memories, that cup win but we struggled against the wee teams that parked the bus and said we must consistently beat them.

Now we get a team who consistently beat the teams below us but struggle with teams with a bigger wage bill and more squad depth and we need to beat these teams to meet the standard required.

We’re looking for a manager who can deliver a 100% win record, aren’t we?

Andy74
14-12-2020, 09:39 AM
**** me. People moan when Stubbs gave us 4-0 against Rangers, some amazing derby memories, that cup win but we struggled against the wee teams that parked the bus and said we must consistently beat them.

Now we get a team who consistently beat the teams below us but struggle with teams with a bigger wage bill and more squad depth and we need to beat these teams to meet the standard required.

We’re looking for a manager who can deliver a 100% win record, aren’t we?

Only if the 100% win record is delivered in the style of Brazil 1970.

MWHIBBIES
14-12-2020, 09:42 AM

We're already looking at Europe. We're 3rd.

flash
14-12-2020, 09:45 AM

And 11 points clear for a European place.

Diclonius
14-12-2020, 09:47 AM

I see the argument though. We're neck-and-neck with Aberdeen and our performances against them will be what gets us over the line. We'd be twelve points ahead of them if we'd won both of our games against them earlier.

MWHIBBIES
14-12-2020, 09:49 AM
I see the argument though. We're neck-and-neck with Aberdeen and our performances against them will be what gets us over the line. We'd be twelve points ahead of them if we'd won both of our games against them earlier.

We could lose all 4 games and still finish above them. Really no point crying over results that happened weeks ago. We're back in form and have favourable fixtures ahead. It's been a very positive league campaign so far.

Hermit Crab
14-12-2020, 10:10 AM
Magnificently negative take on events HC. Even you must admit things are looking pretty exciting right now.

Check my first and last sentence.

Hermit Crab
14-12-2020, 10:11 AM
Negative Nelly is back! Where was he on Saturday when we basking in the glow of a 0-4 win?!

At a mates house getting pished watching soccer saturday.

Hermit Crab
14-12-2020, 10:14 AM

Yes, and lets hope we don't end up having our famous post xmas collapse as well.

Peevemor
14-12-2020, 10:17 AM
Yes, and lets hope we don't end up having our famous post xmas collapse as well.

I'd say that we're more famous for collapsing in November.

Keith_M
14-12-2020, 10:17 AM

I think we're gradually improving, with new options appearing (e.g. Halberg and Wright), so I'm optimistic that we'll be a decent match for Aberdeen when we play them next.

I like to look to the positives, e.g. the improvement in both performances and results, but I appreciate that there are a few people that prefer to wallow in the past and look at 'what might have been'.

Keith_M
14-12-2020, 10:19 AM

Would you like to borrow my avatar?

scoopyboy
14-12-2020, 10:55 AM
I'd say that we're more famous for collapsing in November.

Saved me the bother

scoopyboy
14-12-2020, 10:56 AM

Seven away clean sheets as well.

1 8 7 5
14-12-2020, 11:01 AM

Exactly. Excellant stuff Hibernian

TheGreenMan
14-12-2020, 11:27 AM

The Livi penalty was never a penalty either