PDA

View Full Version : Alloa Athletic

ekhibee
13-12-2020, 02:47 PM
Apologies if this has already been raised, but is this PPV?

Argylehibby
13-12-2020, 02:48 PM
Apologies if this has already been raised, but is this PPV?

Don't think so as it's on Premier Sports

Billy Whizz
13-12-2020, 02:49 PM

Was just about to say this

Sir David Gray
13-12-2020, 03:04 PM

Yeah it won't be.

ekhibee
13-12-2020, 03:10 PM
Thanks guys. So probably an idea to get a day pass for NOW TV Sports? Only £9.98. Alternatively I've got Virgin so I suppose I might be able to do it that way.

Juniper Greens
13-12-2020, 03:12 PM
Thanks guys. So probably an idea to get a day pass for NOW TV Sports? Only £9.98. Alternatively I've got Virgin so I suppose I might be able to do it that way.

Premier sports isn't on now TV. You will get a month for a tenner off virgin tho

ekhibee
13-12-2020, 03:14 PM
Premier sports isn't on now TV. You will get a month for a tenner off virgin tho

Cheers mate. The site I was looking at said NOW give you all the Sky Sports channels and Premier Sports 1 and 2, but maybe that was an old notice or something.

Sir David Gray
13-12-2020, 03:16 PM
Cheers mate. The site I was looking at said NOW give you all the Sky Sports channels and Premier Sports 1 and 2, but maybe that was an old notice or something.

I think that might only apply in Ireland.

007 Mickey Weir
13-12-2020, 03:39 PM
I think that might only apply in Ireland.

Or pay for a VPN then HibsTV international at £17.99 per month. All Hibs games live home and away. Works a treat.

PatHead
13-12-2020, 06:20 PM
Or pay for a VPN then HibsTV international at £17.99 per month. All Hibs games live home and away. Works a treat.

And you get to cheat Hibs out of money as well! Bonus.

greenlex
13-12-2020, 06:24 PM

Money to Hibs they otherwise wouldn’t get. A little white cheat?

MrRobot
13-12-2020, 06:32 PM

What if he already has a season ticket covering the home games?

Peevemor
13-12-2020, 07:14 PM
What if he already has a season ticket covering the home games?Given that Hibs TV doesn't guarantee away cup matches it's pretty clear what was meant.

Juniper Greens
13-12-2020, 07:35 PM

I think this emphasises what I think is an issue, that Hibs TV international is too cheap at the moment. When I was living abroad, I would have happily paid the equivalent of a season ticket to have the access. I hope it changes to this, as it will clearly lead to a lot more revenue for the club

PatHead
13-12-2020, 07:41 PM
Money to Hibs they otherwise wouldn’t get. A little white cheat?

If he can only afford one game a month then so be it. He only sees one game a month. What he is doing is taking revenue from Hibs.

Peevemor
13-12-2020, 07:53 PM
I think this emphasises what I think is an issue, that Hibs TV international is too cheap at the moment. When I was living abroad, I would have happily paid the equivalent of a season ticket to have the access. I hope it changes to this, as it will clearly lead to a lot more revenue for the clubAt the moment? So are you suggesting that we should pay more because nobody can get into grounds?

2 weeks running there has been no commentary for the first half and there's been issues with the sound all season.

The reality is that Hibs TV international subscribers saw the subscription rise by about 50% this season but the product has got worse.

And you want us to pay more?

And once grounds are open again, would you reduce the subscription to previous levels?

I'm sorry, I don't follow your logic.

Hibbyradge
13-12-2020, 07:55 PM
If he can only afford one game a month then so be it. He only sees one game a month. What he is doing is taking revenue from Hibs.

In what way is he taking revenue from Hibs? :dunno:

He's not. He's giving Hibs £17.99 a month.

That's more than he'd be giving them in your "one game a month" scenario.

Juniper Greens
13-12-2020, 08:14 PM
At the moment? So are you suggesting that we should pay more because nobody can get into grounds?

2 weeks running there has been no commentary for the first half and there's been issues with the sound all season.

The reality is that Hibs TV international subscribers saw the subscription rise by about 50% this season but the product has got worse.

And you want us to pay more?

And once grounds are open again, would you reduce the subscription to previous levels?

I'm sorry, I don't follow your logic.

No, I don't think it's just because of the fact that fans aren't allowed in the grounds. I think it's too cheap in general. As I said, I used it in the past, and raised it at the time that I felt it was underpriced. I appreciate it has gone up since, but think it should (and will) go up again. FWIW, I think it should be about commensurate with the price of a season ticket.

Just my opinion

Peevemor
13-12-2020, 08:23 PM
No, I don't think it's just because of the fact that fans aren't allowed in the grounds. I think it's too cheap in general. As I said, I used it in the past, and raised it at the time that I felt it was underpriced. I appreciate it has gone up since, but think it should (and will) go up again. FWIW, I think it should be about commensurate with the price of a season ticket.

Just my opinionI disagree. What do you get for £18 per month from a subscription sports channel? A lot more than 1 or 2 matches per week.

I pay £216 per year to watch but not go to matches. The service is generally very good but there can be glitches (as we've seen).

I'm not sure I'd be happy to pay much more, especially once things are back to normal.

Juniper Greens
13-12-2020, 08:26 PM
I disagree. What do you get for £18 per month from a subscription sports channel? A lot more than 1 or 2 matches per week.

I pay £216 per year to watch but not go to matches. The service is generally very good but there can be glitches (as we've seen).

I'm not sure I'd be happy to pay much more, especially once things are back to normal.

It's not comparable to a subscription TV service. It's the cost of supporting your club. Given away games and cup games are included, twice the number of games that a season ticket offers are included.

Also, just to go back on another point. To call it a worse product this year is very unfair on the people producing it. The product this season has been infinitely better, and two weeks with unfortunate technical issues, when faced with away games at tier 4 areas shouldn't change that.

Peevemor
13-12-2020, 08:38 PM
It's not comparable to a subscription TV service. It's the cost of supporting your club. Given away games and cup games are included, twice the number of games that a season ticket offers are included.

Also, just to go back on another point. To call it a worse product this year is very unfair on the people producing it. The product this season has been infinitely better, and two weeks with unfortunate technical issues, when faced with away games at tier 4 areas shouldn't change that.I support my club, and not only through Hibs TV. Supporting the club, financially or otherwise, shouldn't influence the price of Hibs TV which is a service that is being paid for. All away league games are included this season but I'm not sure that'll continue once things are back to normal.

As for the service being worse. I don't care about David Tanner & co.. If I have time I watch the pre match thing and it can be very good, but I don't go out my way to watch it and certainly wouldn't miss it.

I pay to watch matches, preferably with commentary. The commentary problems over the past couple of weeks (it's happened before too) as well as often terrible sound quality (exterminate, exterminate...!) mean that the quality is definitely inferior to what we've been used to for the past couple of seasons.

That's not a slight on the people providing the service, it's a fact.

Juniper Greens
13-12-2020, 08:46 PM
I support my club, and not only through Hibs TV. Supporting the club, financially or otherwise, shouldn't influence the price of Hibs TV which is a service that is being paid for. All away league games are included this season but I'm not sure that'll continue once things are back to normal.

As for the service being worse. I don't care about David Tanner & co.. If I have time I watch the pre match thing and it can be very good, but I don't go out my way to watch it and certainly wouldn't miss it.

I pay to watch matches, preferably with commentary. The commentary problems over the past couple of weeks (it's happened before too) as well as often terrible sound quality (exterminate, exterminate...!) mean that the quality is definitely inferior to what we've been used to for the past couple of seasons.

I don't think we are going to agree, so there's no point arguing.
The product is better, more analysis, multiple camera angles at the game. We all know that freezing and even cut outs were common previously. The two examples of no commentary are for games that you wouldn't have had access to previously, so I just think you are flat out wrong.

I think it is too cheap. Knowing the costs of production and distribution, it's too cheap for the number of overseas subscribers we have. It also encourages people to pirate the games by getting a VPN, robbing Hibs of further revenue. This would happen less, if it were at a higher price point as people wouldn't take the risk of breaking the law for a smaller saving.

Thats my opinion, if and when I live abroad again, I'll be happy to pay it. You aren't going to change my mind

007 Mickey Weir
13-12-2020, 08:57 PM

Ok I’ll cancel the subscription to HibsTV and listen free on BBC online.That way Hibs are better off......

I pay this plus £10 a month to Hibs as that’s what I can afford. Wish I could afford more. That’s £335.88 a year to Hibs without me getting to a game. Once we can get to games I will also buy tickets to go when I can. but circumstances stop me getting to games even in normal times.

Sorry if this offends people.

Please keep buying season tickets if you can. Also buying PPV games when you can.

Peevemor
13-12-2020, 08:57 PM
There have been multiple camera angles for a couple of seasons now. And I'm not speaking about the odd loss of image or the sound issues over the last 2 weeks, but recurring problems with the sound quality over a number of matches, including from Easter Road. These issues weren't there last season therefore the quality is worse.

I'm Hibs daft and I do what I can to support the club financially. The point I'm making is that there should be no confusion between wanting to support the club and how much should be charged for a service that isn't without it's gremlins.

hibee-boys
13-12-2020, 09:38 PM
Signed up to Premier Sports to get the first league cup game and never got round to cancelling the direct debit but this will be the 3rd Hibs game in 3 months so at £10 a month that’s worked out better than what I’ve been paying for PPV games.....it’ll be cancelled Wednesday morning tho....I’m hoping to be at the semi😎😂

Sir David Gray
13-12-2020, 09:54 PM
Signed up to Premier Sports to get the first league cup game and never got round to cancelling the direct debit but this will be the 3rd Hibs game in 3 months so at £10 a month that’s worked out better than what I’ve been paying for PPV games.....it’ll be cancelled Wednesday morning tho....I’m hoping to be at the semi😎😂

Have you got a job as a steward?

AZhibee
14-12-2020, 02:07 AM
Amazing, it is on ESPN+ in USA.

HoboHarry
14-12-2020, 03:38 AM
Amazing, it is on ESPN+ in USA.

Seriously? Where did you see that? I'm not seeing it.....

AZhibee
14-12-2020, 04:07 AM
Seriously? Where did you see that? I'm not seeing it.....

I see it on the ESPN + upcoming events, ESPN + though not regular ESPN. They also showed the first Dundee game as well. I use the Live Soccer TV App which details TV coverage for most matches worldwide.

PeeJay
14-12-2020, 05:03 AM
I support my club, and not only through Hibs TV. Supporting the club, financially or otherwise, shouldn't influence the price of Hibs TV which is a service that is being paid for. All away league games are included this season but I'm not sure that'll continue once things are back to normal.

I know you've been with the Hibs TV service for some time, and we've all seen some challenging times with the service through the years. Apart from some "issues" with away games, the service has been generally OK for me, it's improved greatly in my opinion - I think the pre-match chats with Tanner and Hibs legends or even women footballers (:rolleyes:) make the experience of watching Hibs more enjoyable - I remember years ago also saying that I'd pay more for the service (and I probably would)

I still find it quite astonishing that I can watch Hibs playing away at Alloa on a Tuesday evening from the comfort of my home in Berlin .. admittedly part of the fun is not really knowing what I will actually get to see or hear ... along with the team performance, but I have to thank the HIbs tv team for that and all the hard work these volunteers put into making it work (mostly) :greengrin

Peevemor
14-12-2020, 06:56 AM
I know you've been with the Hibs TV service for some time, and we've all seen some challenging times with the service through the years. Apart from some "issues" with away games, the service has been generally OK for me, it's improved greatly in my opinion - I think the pre-match chats with Tanner and Hibs legends or even women footballers (:rolleyes:) make the experience of watching Hibs more enjoyable - I remember years ago also saying that I'd pay more for the service (and I probably would)

I still find it quite astonishing that I can watch Hibs playing away at Alloa on a Tuesday evening from the comfort of my home in Berlin .. admittedly part of the fun is not really knowing what I will actually get to see or hear ... along with the team performance, but I have to thank the HIbs tv team for that and all the hard work these volunteers put into making it work (mostly) :greengrin

I think I'm as much of a supporter and defender of Hibs TV as anyone. In saying that, David Tanner & co are fine if I'm at a loose end, but after years of doing without them I wouldn't miss them now if they weren't there and I certainly don't want to pay more in order to have them.

It wasn't too long ago that Hibs TV international was only about £6/month, which was ridiculously cheap (although technical problems weren't exactly rare). More recently it went up to something like £12/month but the quality of service improved dramatically and there was the introduction of certain, non-televised away matches.

This season we've jumped up to £18/month. I understand why and I'm happy to pay it. I'm also away that it's far cheaper than what ST holders, who get less for their money, are paying. But in saying that most ST holders knew the sacrifice/contribution they were making and the majority of us thought that the stadiums would have been open very soon (if not already). In fact, had the grounds been open again then I doubt that anyone would be suggesting that Hibs TV International is too cheap - nobody ever bothered before!

I never had a ST for Easter Road because I missed too many matches at the beginning and the end of the season due to other commitments to make it worthwhile. It's much the same reason why I'm not sure I'd be happy to pay much more for Hibs TV. It must be hard enough for those who attend matches to organise their weekends with fixtures being moved all the time for the TV. It's the same for me in that I can't organise my weekends, and that of my family, around watching match streams on my computer. Despite making every effort possible, it's not unusual that I''ll miss the start of a match because I didn't get in on time or that I'll on have one eye on a match because I have to do something else at the same time.

OK, that's my circumstances, my choice & my fault - but it's also me that decides how much I'm willing to pay.