PDA

View Full Version : Steven Bradley

ekhibee
12-12-2020, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't normally post about a player that's only been on for 10 minutes when the game's virtually over, but I was very impressed by this young lad, it'll be really interesting to see how he develops.

Monts
12-12-2020, 04:18 PM
Why does he come up as Elder on BBC etc?

SingaporeHibs
12-12-2020, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I agree, he did well with the opportunity he had. Showed good feet, was direct and got himself involved. You can’t ask much more than that. He will be delighted tonight.

Silversand
12-12-2020, 04:22 PM
Looked good, almost got a goal & an assist.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
12-12-2020, 04:33 PM
He was on the front page of the second Dundee League Cup programme which of course means he was the person interviewed inside.

Was an interesting read and he came across very well.

Mikey
12-12-2020, 04:51 PM
I wonder if he'll go the same way as Shanley and go out on loan for the rest of the season?

Vault Boy
12-12-2020, 04:53 PM
Showed lovely control and real attacking intent.

I always judge a player on how they treat the ball, Bradley looked very comfortable on that front today.

Looking forward to seeing more from him.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2020, 04:53 PM
I wonder if he'll go the same way as Shanley and go out on loan for the rest of the season?

Maybe in January, as he needs to play every week to develop

147lothian
12-12-2020, 05:00 PM
Thought he was unfortunate when his shot came back of the cross bar, also think it was unselfish of Doige to lay it off to him when he was in the more advanced position, all round good play and im delighted with Bradley's contribution

Centre Hawf
12-12-2020, 05:07 PM
He showed some lovely touches and good instinct to get into certain positions and areas. Only 10 minutes but it was a good 10 minutes. Would perhaps like to see a bit more of him if we can.

Robbo6-2
12-12-2020, 05:10 PM
How old is he?

Sir David Gray
12-12-2020, 05:17 PM
How old is he?

HoboHarry
12-12-2020, 05:48 PM
Know nothing about him. Is he a forward, attacking midfielder? Something else?

Billy Whizz
12-12-2020, 05:51 PM
Know nothing about him. Is he a forward, attacking midfielder? Something else?

Right sided midfielder, not your typical winger like Boyle

Vault Boy
12-12-2020, 05:52 PM
Right sided midfielder, not your typical winger like Boyle

Is he left footed Billy? Looked like it from the wee spell we saw today, but it can be difficult to tell.

EVENTUALLY
12-12-2020, 05:55 PM
He reminds me of Chris Waddle the way he moves with the ball at his feet.

Zambernardi1875
12-12-2020, 05:57 PM
Showed lovely control and real attacking intent.

I always judge a player on how they treat the ball, Bradley looked very comfortable on that front today.

Looking forward to seeing more from him.

Yes absolutely, comfortable and calm, wants to commit players and create chances. Hopefully we’re 3-4 up more often to give these kids more chances

Billy Whizz
12-12-2020, 05:58 PM
Is he left footed Billy? Looked like it from the wee spell we saw today, but it can be difficult to tell.

Think he a leftie, he didn’t play a lot for the development team in the last season we played, as he had a few injury problems

Billy Whizz
12-12-2020, 06:00 PM
https://anchor.fm/the4thofficial/episodes/Full-Episode-Steven-Bradley-of-Hibs-Talks-With-The-4th-Official-ejbr2g

We interview with him on the link

Think he could end up playing the no 10 role

Unseen work
12-12-2020, 11:28 PM
Had only ever seen clips of him before where he looked very promising.

Looks the sort of player that gets instant control of the ball and is so skilful in how he manoeuvres it, looking forward to seeing him more often.

Looks like the sort of player that you know where he’s going but it’s the stopping it that’s difficult because of his close control.

Signed him from QOTS a year or two back iirc.

18Craig75
13-12-2020, 06:51 AM
Great 10 minute cameo! He looked fearless when on the ball, and willing to have a go. That’s the most encouraging part, for too long the young players we’ve been producing have been too timid when coming into the first team, and that goes back to Alex Harris through to Oli Shaw.

Keen to see more of him now!

JimBHibees
13-12-2020, 07:27 AM
Had only ever seen clips of him before where he looked very promising.

Looks the sort of player that gets instant control of the ball and is so skilful in how he manoeuvres it, looking forward to seeing him more often.

Looks like the sort of player that you know where he’s going but it’s the stopping it that’s difficult because of his close control.

Signed him from QOTS a year or two back iirc.

Was Queens Park I think. Looks a real talent however some physical development requires I think.

Alex Trager
13-12-2020, 07:45 AM
Great 10 minute cameo! He looked fearless when on the ball, and willing to have a go. That’s the most encouraging part, for too long the young players we’ve been producing have been too timid when coming into the first team, and that goes back to Alex Harris through to Oli Shaw.

Did Oli Shaw no score a goal in his first appearance for us against Celtic at Hampden?

Certainly the first game of his I recall.

However I agree on the whole with you. I also think Bradley looked good when he came on.

JohnM1875
13-12-2020, 08:34 AM

Anyone know why? So weird.

The Count
13-12-2020, 08:39 AM
Anyone know why? So weird.

He so good they named him twice.

HH81
13-12-2020, 09:40 AM

He came up on the subs as Bradley on fotmob but when you read the commentary on the game he is noted as Elder.

Very odd but he was good when he came on so they can name it what ever they want ha.

calumhibee1
13-12-2020, 09:59 AM

:agree:

Would love to see us produce more youngsters with a more gallus side to them. A bit like JC.

A bit of confidence and swagger goes a long way.

Billy Whizz
13-12-2020, 10:11 AM

Would love to see us produce more youngsters with a more gallus side to them. A bit like JC.

He’s a certainly got that, if you listen to the podcast above

18Craig75
13-12-2020, 10:25 AM

Yeah and btw - I think Mackie, Doig, Gullane and Shanley from what I’ve seen all look to have a bit of a swagger in their own way, so there’s good signs that the club has been aware that our youngsters haven’t been good enough, or maybe prepared enough, for e first team and have addressed that in the academy.

BSEJVT
13-12-2020, 10:44 AM
Yeah and btw - I think Mackie, Doig, Gullane and Shanley from what I’ve seen all look to have a bit of a swagger in their own way, so there’s good signs that the club has been aware that our youngsters haven’t been good enough, or maybe prepared enough, for e first team and have addressed that in the academy.

On that note is Eddie May still with Hibs?

Northernhibee
13-12-2020, 10:44 AM

What struck me about many of our previous youngsters dealt with setbacks.

Harris, Caldwell, Handling, Shaw, Stanton and others looked like real prospects to begin with but never dealt with adversity fell and you could see the confidence drop out of their game.

The crop we have coming through now look more positive. I do wonder what has changed but I like it.

Billy Whizz
13-12-2020, 10:46 AM
On that note is Eddie May still with Hibs?

He is, not sure of his precise role though

Centre Hawf
13-12-2020, 01:14 PM

I loved JC's personality. I'm sure he was probably a pain at times but I felt his antics (within reason) were usually always in good fun and he wasn't a malicious person, just a dafty having a bit of fun.

That daftness/confidence comes through on the pitch with the willingness to try different things even when stuff isn't going your way that day. I think though some fans don't realise the benefits of folk like him till you have a team devoid of anyone like that and try to stifle that part of players personalities with the "time to knuckle down and behave yourself son" when actually it's better to try embrace it and channel it in the correct way.

hibbyfraelibby
13-12-2020, 01:20 PM

Its complicated and a long story...but the best the Witness Protection Programme could come up with.

Peevemor
13-12-2020, 01:35 PM
Good piece here on the fishy site.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/one-to-one-stevie-bradley

Pagan Hibernia
13-12-2020, 01:35 PM
Great to see these youngsters doing well. It’s no time ago at all that we were all moaning about the lack of any players coming from the academy since Stevenson and Hanlon. Doig has really impressed me and Bradley looks like he’s got a chance. Porteous already well established of course. Love to see it. Its what Hibs should be all about in my opinion

Baker9
13-12-2020, 01:53 PM

I enjoyed reading that.

BSEJVT
13-12-2020, 02:00 PM
I enjoyed that and his wee cameo yesterday

I hope though that he doesn't suffer with the old Hibs supporters curse of being viewed as the next Messi one minute and then dismissed cruelly the next.

Some of the stuff I have read about our younger players trying to break through and the peaks and troughs they suffer in doing so has been grim stuff.

Instead of giving them more leeway we seem to give them less.

Whether they make it or not the vitriol they attract along the way can be uncomfortable reading.

Castigating folk almost never works, whereas a wee cuddle when they need one can.

Folk seemed desperate to write of Oli Shaw from the get go where initially he did very well IMO.

Iggy Pope
13-12-2020, 02:13 PM

All good but why did his world turn upside down? There’s no explanation under that sub heading. What happened to the boy?

Billy Whizz
13-12-2020, 02:15 PM
All good but why did his world turn upside down? There’s no explanation under that sub heading. What happened to the boy?

Think it was lockdown Iggy

Iggy Pope
13-12-2020, 02:18 PM
Think it was lockdown Iggy

What a ****ty bit of writing in that case!

Peevemor
13-12-2020, 02:27 PM
Think it was lockdown IggyI took it to be that too, just when he thought he was making progress everything ground to a halt.

Andy74
13-12-2020, 02:27 PM
What a ****ty bit of writing in that case!

Think most would recognise how the world was turned upside down in March to be fair.

Iggy Pope
13-12-2020, 02:28 PM
I took it to be that too, just when he thought he was making progress everything ground to a halt.

Might’ve been easier if they simply wrote that. Anyway, I get it.

Billy Whizz
13-12-2020, 02:30 PM

Trying to remember why he didn’t play much before lockdown, was at most of the games, and think he only played 4/5 times

Andy74
13-12-2020, 02:33 PM

Looks like someone has read this and amended already!

MagicSwirlingShip
13-12-2020, 02:34 PM
Hope he can string together a good run of appearances from the bench.

A big criticism I had of Lennon was he stunted the development of players like Fraser Murray by leaving him kicking his heels on the bench or bringing him on in injury time - what a waste!

Give the young lads at least 20 minutes to influence the game and watch them develop.

Andy74
13-12-2020, 02:38 PM
Hope he can string together a good run of appearances from the bench.

A big criticism I had of Lennon was he stunted the development of players like Fraser Murray by leaving him kicking his heels on the bench or bringing him on in injury time - what a waste!

Give the young lads at least 20 minutes to influence the game and watch them develop.

They have to be good enough though. Fraser Murray still isn’t so we can’t blame previous managers for not playing him more.

You also have to take into account the need to win games. We are rarely going to have the luxury just to throw on players for development purposes.

Iggy Pope
13-12-2020, 02:45 PM
Looks like someone has read this and amended already!

So they have. Now it reads less like he was kidnapped at gunpoint.

MagicSwirlingShip
13-12-2020, 02:47 PM
They have to be good enough though. Fraser Murray still isn’t so we can’t blame previous managers for not playing him more.

You also have to take into account the need to win games. We are rarely going to have the luxury just to throw on players for development purposes.

I agree - Some more swashbuckling performances like yesterday will see the perfect environment to bring on the younger boys once the 3 points are secure.

There’s a fine balance between winning games and developing young players concurrently. I don’t think Lennon got that balance right, and think the likes of Murray would’ve been further ahead in their development today with more minutes on the pitch back then.

wookie70
13-12-2020, 02:56 PM

Thanks for the link. A nice insight into his development and I get the feeling that behind the curtains at ER it is all starting to click again with everyone pooling in the same direction

wookie70
13-12-2020, 03:01 PM

Fraser is developing though and could have done that a year or more earlier. If the manager isn't going to give youth a chance then get them out on loan to make Scottish football better and also to get a proper look to see if they are ready for a step up a league.

Andy74
13-12-2020, 04:04 PM
Fraser is developing though and could have done that a year or more earlier. If the manager isn't going to give youth a chance then get them out on loan to make Scottish football better and also to get a proper look to see if they are ready for a step up a league.

He’s on the bench most weeks at Dunfermline. I don’t think anyone has been stopping him developing, he just hasn’t shown he’s good enough to play games for what should be a top 4 team.

wookie70
13-12-2020, 05:44 PM
He’s on the bench most weeks at Dunfermline. I don’t think anyone has been stopping him developing, he just hasn’t shown he’s good enough to play games for what should be a top 4 team.

He is averaging around a half per game over cup and league games since he went on loan. He has already played more minutes this season than any other and has only been there 10 weeks.

Robbo6-2
13-12-2020, 05:48 PM
He is averaging around a half per game over cup and league games since he went on loan. He has already played more minutes this season than any other and has only been there 10 weeks.

And he is scoring goals.

The boy Don Thomas who ability wise should be playing at much higher level is currently looking like finally fulfilling his potential is playing really well and is currently keeping him out the side.

Fraser is first on most weeks and is well thot of from Dunfermilne coaching staff and I am still confident he will have a successful time there and ultimately come back a better player.

wookie70
13-12-2020, 06:08 PM
And he is scoring goals.

The boy Don Thomas who ability wise should be playing at much higher level is currently looking like finally fulfilling his potential is playing really well and is currently keeping him out the side.

Fraser is first on most weeks and is well thot of from Dunfermilne coaching staff and I am still confident he will have a successful time there and ultimately come back a better player.

Good to here. He has always impressed me when he has played but was used so infrequently that a loan made sense. Hopefully this will make him develop quicker and he comes back with experience and an improved player.

Andy74
14-12-2020, 08:12 AM
And he is scoring goals.

Hardly crying out as a starter for Hibs any time soon though.

if we were talking about signing a player who generally started on the bench for Dunfermline then I don't think many would think that was a good idea.

scoopyboy
14-12-2020, 11:32 AM
Bradley will be a first team regular but he will be central not wide.

flash
14-12-2020, 12:09 PM
Bradley will be a first team regular but he will be central not wide.

He looks like he has really fast feet which is something you can't coach. Early days but he excited me on Saturday.

donald_paterson
14-12-2020, 01:11 PM
Certainly has ability and promise which hopefully will be fulfilled.
I used to really enjoy watching players come through the reserves in the old days (60’s) when the games were played at Easter road and if memory serves we got in free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoxburghHibs
15-12-2020, 09:37 PM

Yeah that is a strange one. Was listed as Elder again tonight??

Andy74
16-12-2020, 08:41 AM
Yeah that is a strange one. Was listed as Elder again tonight??

I'm sure we had similar situation in our development team not too long ago.

It's going to be straying into personal territory but the most likely thing is that he is registered in one name but his family situation has led to him preferring to use an alternative name just now. I don't know if re-registration is an annual thing but I'm sure it will be sorted when they can.

JimBHibees
16-12-2020, 08:59 AM
I'm sure we had similar situation in our development team not too long ago.

It's going to be straying into personal territory but the most likely thing is that he is registered in one name but his family situation has led to him preferring to use an alternative name just now. I don't know if re-registration is an annual thing but I'm sure it will be sorted when they can.

No doubt exactly the situation you would have thought the situation could be resolved though.