PDA

View Full Version : New CEO Candidates

Billy Whizz
12-12-2020, 11:56 AM
Think Ron is on record as saying we’d have a new CEO in, within a month

Any names out there yet who’s in the running?

PatHead
12-12-2020, 11:59 AM
Ron seems to be very hands on. Wouldn't surprise me if he splits the job up and allocates it over the different departments.

All reporting directly to him.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2020, 12:05 PM
Ron seems to be very hands on. Wouldn't surprise me if he splits the job up and allocates it over the different departments.

All reporting directly to him.

That’s a good shout, and takes cost out of the business
Would have to restructure some of the Senior roles, give them additional responsibilities

Since90+2
12-12-2020, 12:14 PM
Personally I'd rather have a dedicated CEO rather than dividing up the responsibilities between multiple people, some of which might not be qualified for the task.

It's too important a position for that setup.

JohnMcM
12-12-2020, 12:20 PM
Whoever does the job has, as far as I'm concerned, a hard act to follow.

18Craig75
12-12-2020, 12:38 PM
I thought Adrian Bevington spoke quite well in the summer on sportsound. I think hearts might have interviewed him. No idea of his credentials or him as a person mind, I think he ran Club England for the FA for a while.

Peevemor
12-12-2020, 01:13 PM
When Leeann came in, her remit was to revisit everything that had been put in place over the years by STF & RP. In fact, pre-Leeann I'm not sure how much practical difference there was between RP as chairman and RP as MD/CEO. I think the bottom line was pretty much the same.

As someone said earlier, Ron Gordon seems very hands on and it's obvious that he wants to see his ideas acted, therefore Leeann's replacement isn't replacing Leeann at all but will be doing a very different job, though hopefully building on the good work already done.

leith lynx
12-12-2020, 01:38 PM
When Leeann came in, her remit was to revisit everything that had been put in place over the years by STF & RP. In fact, pre-Leeann I'm not sure how much practical difference there was between RP as chairman and RP as MD/CEO. I think the bottom line was pretty much the same.

As someone said earlier, Ron Gordon seems very hands on and it's obvious that he wants to see his ideas acted, therefore Leeann's replacement isn't replacing Leeann at all but will be doing a very different job, though hopefully building on the good work already done.
Pat Nevin?

Peevemor
12-12-2020, 01:41 PM
Pat Nevin?He already did the job at Motherwell. I honestly don't know if he was any good and it's probably impossible to compare Motherwell under Boyle and Hibs under Ron Gordon.

Jones28
12-12-2020, 02:22 PM
He already did the job at Motherwell. I honestly don't know if he was any good and it's probably impossible to compare Motherwell under Boyle and Hibs under Ron Gordon.

From what a recall Nevin saying at Motherwell he gave Boyle 3 folders with different plans and budgets; one mid level and safe; the next competing for European spots and the final one a guarantee for European football and cup finals. Nevin was told to go for the top end one and it bankrupted the club.

jgl07
12-12-2020, 04:31 PM
From what a recall Nevin saying at Motherwell he gave Boyle 3 folders with different plans and budgets; one mid level and safe; the next competing for European spots and the final one a guarantee for European football and cup finals. Nevin was told to go for the top end one and it bankrupted the club.

Boyle was naïve thinking that spending money and cheaper admission prices would lead to larger crowds. It had very little impact on attendances . Consequently the club suffered financially.

Tarrahib
12-12-2020, 04:58 PM

Billy ,have you any thoughts on this.I always like to see your views .They are never. Far away from reality.

Vault Boy
12-12-2020, 05:04 PM
Give it to Stubbsy till the end of the season. :greengrin

Definitely not an easy position to fill, Leeann leaves a considerable gap in our setup. Very interested to see who ends up getting it.

Ozyhibby
12-12-2020, 05:06 PM
I think it will be someone from outside football with good commercial and marketing experience. It’s clear that is the area RG has been most active in since he arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
12-12-2020, 05:12 PM
I think it will be someone from outside football with good commercial and marketing experience. It’s clear that is the area RG has been most active in since he arrived.

Could be an American that he knows with the above skills
:flag::flag::flag:

gbhibby
12-12-2020, 05:14 PM
Give it to Pat Nevin you get a CEO DJ and match summariser all in one.

Scotty Leither
12-12-2020, 05:15 PM

Boyle was a fantasist, though.

Hibs is a different prospect entirely from Motherwell, & I'm cautiously optimistic that Gordon sees the potential of the club, and the new CEO will be tasked with realising that, and there at long last might be a move away from the safety first, dinnae dare to dream mindset that was the M.O of Petrie's time.

Let's hope so, and hopefully European football next season should be at least a starting point for getting a shirt sponsor and making the new guy's job a bit easier.

Leeann did a good job, hopefully the new guy/gal will build on that with the joint backing of the club and the supporters on the same page, the biggest achievement in Leeann's time, IMO.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2020, 05:18 PM
Billy ,have you any thoughts on this.I always like to see your views .They are never. Far away from reality.

Thanks for your kind words Tarra, but I can’t see inside Ron’s head, in what he wants the successor to bring to Hibs
Someone with great knowledge of Scottish Football/Football in general
Have great contacts at senior levels with Multi National companies, or someone who can continue and grow the Hibernian Community programme

I’ve noticed the CEO at Stenhousemuir has been getting great press for their Community involvement

Tarrahib
12-12-2020, 05:40 PM
Thanks for your kind words Tarra, but I can’t see inside Ron’s head, in what he wants the successor to bring to Hibs
Someone with great knowledge of Scottish Football/Football in general
Have great contacts at senior levels with Multi National companies, or someone who can continue and grow the Hibernian Community programme

I’ve noticed the CEO at Stenhousemuir has been getting great press for their Community involvement
Billy,
We can only hope the next appointment is as good as our last one is/was.

Peevemor
12-12-2020, 05:47 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI was wondering if it might be the opposite, with Ron needing someone to implement his projects/ideas in the context of Scottish football.

overdrive
12-12-2020, 05:57 PM
I was wondering if it might be the opposite, with Ron needing someone to implement his projects/ideas in the context of Scottish football.

That seemed to be what Gordon was hinting at when they announced Dempster was leaving.

Hibs90
12-12-2020, 06:00 PM
Alan Burrows

dp00
12-12-2020, 06:51 PM
Alan Burrows

Done a good job at Motherwell

H18 SFR
12-12-2020, 07:57 PM
I’d look from within taking a punt on David Gray. He can learn on the job.

It worked out ok with Ian Maxwell at Partick Thistle.

Peevemor
12-12-2020, 08:05 PM

It worked out ok with Ian Maxwell at Partick Thistle.Hibs is a much bigger set up than Thistle and I don't think it's a job you can do with no corporate or admin experience.

green with envy
12-12-2020, 08:10 PM

His son, obviously. :greengrin

Jones28
12-12-2020, 08:12 PM

That’s ****ing bonkers. I’d rather give DG the managers job straight off the bat. You can’t parachute a player in to that kind of position unless they’ve been groomed for it extensively.

Jones28
12-12-2020, 08:13 PM
Boyle was a fantasist, though.

Hibs is a different prospect entirely from Motherwell, & I'm cautiously optimistic that Gordon sees the potential of the club, and the new CEO will be tasked with realising that, and there at long last might be a move away from the safety first, dinnae dare to dream mindset that was the M.O of Petrie's time.

Let's hope so, and hopefully European football next season should be at least a starting point for getting a shirt sponsor and making the new guy's job a bit easier.

Leeann did a good job, hopefully the new guy/gal will build on that with the joint backing of the club and the supporters on the same page, the biggest achievement in Leeann's time, IMO.

Yeah I’m aware of all that. Pretty evident he was a fantasist given it went tits up. All of the my quote is taken straight from Nevins piece in Scotland’s Game a few years ago.

H18 SFR
12-12-2020, 08:17 PM
That’s ****ing bonkers. I’d rather give DG the managers job straight off the bat. You can’t parachute a player in to that kind of position unless they’ve been groomed for it extensively.

George Craig openly spoke about both David Gray and Darren McGregor being prepared for coaching, ambassador or administrative roles.

I wonder if the grooming as you’ve put it is already in motion.

He highlighted Bayern Munich as an example.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2020, 08:19 PM
George Craig openly spoke about both David Gray and Darren McGregor being prepared for coaching, ambassador or administrative roles.

Think both want to keep playing

bingo70
12-12-2020, 08:26 PM
I feel like John Collins should get a mention.

Knows football, knows Hibs, absolutely no idea if he’s got business interests but he strikes me as someone that might.

Peevemor
12-12-2020, 09:04 PM
I don't think he's intelligent enough.

Smartie
12-12-2020, 09:10 PM
I think it’s a really tough one.

What previous credentials lead to success in such roles? Must they have been in football before?

What was it about Dempster that was successful? Did she not get the Motherwell gig under Boyle after having worked for and been successful with his airline (which went bust)? Was it not quite a big punt he took on her?

Ozyhibby
12-12-2020, 09:20 PM

A truly awful idea.

monarch
12-12-2020, 10:16 PM
Surely Tony Fitzpatrick must be high on the list 😁

houstonhibbee
12-12-2020, 10:58 PM
Surely Tony Fitzpatrick must be high on the list 😁
yes he's from St Mirren so checks all our boxes.......

Jones28
12-12-2020, 11:58 PM

He highlighted Bayern Munich as an example.

I’m more qualified than either of them to be CEO of Hibernian, and that idea is just about as daft has having them two in the running.

Davy Mac
13-12-2020, 07:44 AM
I feel like John Collins should get a mention.

Knows football, knows Hibs, absolutely no idea if he’s got business interests but he strikes me as someone that might.

Really good shout.

bigwheel
13-12-2020, 08:02 AM
Really good shout.

A CEOs job is about strategy of the business, great communication, people leadership, stakeholder engagement, commercial growth of the club. It’s not a head of Football role.. can’t imagine Collins would rank highly on any of these capabilities....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eyrie
13-12-2020, 08:43 AM
A CEOs job is about strategy of the business, great communication, people leadership, stakeholder engagement, commercial growth of the club. It’s not a head of Football role.. can’t imagine Collins would rank highly on any of these capabilities....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Appointing an ex-footballer without a proven business track record makes as much sense as signing a goalkeeper to play as the main striker.

James Stephen
13-12-2020, 08:43 AM
Ex players as chief execs is a no no.

Im not sure the job has, or needs to have, much to do with football knowledge in the way a director of football does. We need a business person, who can drive revenue and manage well the other departments.

Thats not to say they dont have to understand the football business, that is after all their market and their audience, but ex players will rarely, if ever, have the skills required, imo.

Brightside
13-12-2020, 09:04 AM
No ex players please.

Forza Fred
13-12-2020, 09:59 AM
Wouldn’t surprise me if current director Archie Paton ends up there.

He is Ron’s eyes and ears at the club and has experience in sports management

overdrive
13-12-2020, 10:52 AM
Ann Budge since she was teaching us how to do things anyway? :wink:

jacomo
14-12-2020, 10:34 PM
Think both want to keep playing

I can imagine the shouts from the bench.

“Oi gaffer! Sub me on or I’ll sack you!”

Viva_Palmeiras
14-12-2020, 10:41 PM
Agreed.

Appointing an ex-footballer without a proven business track record makes as much sense as signing a goalkeeper to play as the main striker.

With more dire consequences.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-12-2020, 10:45 PM
Wouldn’t surprise me if current director Archie Paton ends up there.

He is Ron’s eyes and ears at the club and has experience in sports management

[Googles Archie Paton....] :)

Interesting Bio on LinkedIn. Could be.
I’ve got an instinctive reaction to folks quoting themselves as a “thought leader” but if he’s doing the best for Hibs and helping us succeed then an irrelevance.

Peevemor
14-12-2020, 10:51 PM
[Googles Archie Paton....] :)As you probably already did when Ron Gordon bought the club and appointed him to the board (I certainly did).

Viva_Palmeiras
14-12-2020, 10:54 PM
As you probably already did when Ron Gordon bought the club and appointed him to the board (I certainly did).

Yes that was one completely out of left field.

Archie from this article and linked in looks to have a good pedigree.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/archie-paton-who-new-hibs-director-who-advised-ronald-gordon-takeover-544677.

Dr What If?
14-12-2020, 11:13 PM
Been doing a bit of research and came up with this guy called Fred Goodwin, he was CEO of the fifth largest bank in the world and appears to have been out of work for the last 12 years so could come cheap.....he's also from Paisley so that should tick the St Mirren box :greengrin

Torto7
14-12-2020, 11:23 PM
I found this about Paton. It sounds extremely dodgy. It's hard to know how true it is though. Also it's from 2015.

https://www.cnyakundi.com/sports-scandal-meet-kenneth-mathiu-the-local-face-of-openside-sports-uk/

The 90+2
14-12-2020, 11:32 PM
Burrows if any way possible:

CMurdoch
15-12-2020, 12:09 AM
I found this about Paton. It sounds extremely dodgy. It's hard to know how true it is though. Also it's from 2015.

https://www.cnyakundi.com/sports-scandal-meet-kenneth-mathiu-the-local-face-of-openside-sports-uk/

:top marks great find!

JimBHibees
15-12-2020, 06:00 AM
Been doing a bit of research and came up with this guy called Fred Goodwin, he was CEO of the fifth largest bank in the world and appears to have been out of work for the last 12 years so could come cheap.....he's also from Paisley so that should tick the St Mirren box :greengrin

:greengrin ideal candidate

hibbyfraelibby
15-12-2020, 06:58 PM
Burrows if any way possible:

Eh...nae he's a prize erse amongst prize erses

15-12-2020, 07:20 PM
Eh...nae he's a prize erse amongst prize erses

:agree::agree::agree::agree: