Keith_M
08-12-2020, 12:12 PM
Good work.

JimBHibees
08-12-2020, 12:29 PM
Brilliant by the club.

Vault Boy
08-12-2020, 12:37 PM
An excellent effort. Well done to the fans who have put in so much cash during these times too.

matty_f
08-12-2020, 01:49 PM
Good stuff - well done to all involved!

jacomo
08-12-2020, 01:53 PM
Private entity raises £20k to plug the gaps in a public national health system.

Meanwhile the UK government will blow £20bn on an almost entirely useless test and trace system.

How do they get away with it? Seems even people who don’t vote Tory just shrug their shoulders.

The Harp
08-12-2020, 02:07 PM
Well done Hibs!
Not many clubs out there that would be in a position to hand over £20k to a good cause.
Proud to be Hibee.

LancsHibs
08-12-2020, 02:58 PM
Hibs class

wookie70
08-12-2020, 05:24 PM
Private entity raises £20k to plug the gaps in a public national health system.

Meanwhile the UK government will blow £20bn on an almost entirely useless test and trace system.

How do they get away with it? Seems even people who don’t vote Tory just shrug their shoulders. We are helping cover it up in many ways with this action however well meant. I'd like to see the money in a nurses strike fund, that would help those working in the NHS most

Ringothedog
08-12-2020, 05:48 PM
It’s not going to fund the NHS, it is going to Edinburgh and Lothians Health Foundation, the official charity fund of NHS Lothian

wookie70
08-12-2020, 07:35 PM
It’s not going to fund the NHS, it is going to Edinburgh and Lothians Health Foundation, the official charity fund of NHS Lothian

And they will use the money to give to the NHS for many activities most of us would deem to be things that the NHS should provide and of course there will be large sums of donated money used to fund the charity. A body which is tax payer funded needing a charity is wrong imo. How much of the money raised will be used to fund the charity and its workers rather than the NHS. Given the message on the shirt I take it we want to help the NHS.
I'm not doubting any of the intentions of our club or the charity but as a tax payer I want tax payers to fund the NHS in its entirety and Goverernments to be held accountable for the NHS.

I understand that the majority of our support would just appreciate some money going to the NHS in whatever way possible given the huge efforts they have made to protect and heal us during the pandemic. I'm proud we care and I'm proud we have a club and supporters who really want to make life better in the community. I just disagree with the method.

marinello59
08-12-2020, 07:52 PM
And they will use the money to give to the NHS for many activities most of us would deem to be things that the NHS should provide and of course there will be large sums of donated money used to fund the charity. A body which is tax payer funded needing a charity is wrong imo. How much of the money raised will be used to fund the charity and its workers rather than the NHS. Given the message on the shirt I take it we want to help the NHS.
I'm not doubting any of the intentions of our club or the charity but as a tax payer I want tax payers to fund the NHS in its entirety and Goverernments to be held accountable for the NHS.

I understand that the majority of our support would just appreciate some money going to the NHS in whatever way possible given the huge efforts they have made to protect and heal us during the pandemic. I'm proud we care and I'm proud we have a club and supporters who really want to make life better in the community. I just disagree with the method.

The money is go towards providing extra pastoral care for NHS staff. That’s a great way of thanking NHS workers in a practical manner. There is no downside to this story, I’m delighted to see our club hand over such a large amount.

jacomo
08-12-2020, 08:06 PM

Ah ok then.

I’d argue my point but you’ve already made it for me.

jacomo
08-12-2020, 08:08 PM
The money is go towards providing extra pastoral care for NHS staff. That’s a great way of thanking NHS workers in a practical manner. There is no downside to this story, I’m delighted to see our club hand over such a large amount.

So the NHS can’t afford to look after its own staff properly?

CraigHibee
08-12-2020, 08:18 PM
Great work, well done 👏

wookie70
08-12-2020, 08:21 PM
The money is go towards providing extra pastoral care for NHS staff. That’s a great way of thanking NHS workers in a practical manner. There is no downside to this story, I’m delighted to see our club hand over such a large amount. An activity I would much rather fund as a tax payer. The only downside is that a charity is needed for this. I'll not dwell on it anymore though as although I won't agree about there being no downsides there are far more upsides.

marinello59
08-12-2020, 08:41 PM
So the NHS can’t afford to look after its own staff properly?

Read my post. I said ‘extra’ pastoral care. There really is no need to suck the joy out of every good news story. Can’t we just be glad that we are in the main decent, compassionate people? :greengrin

jacomo
09-12-2020, 07:06 AM
Read my post. I said ‘extra’ pastoral care. There really is no need to suck the joy out of every good news story. Can’t we just be glad that we are in the main decent, compassionate people? :greengrin

Yes fair enough, I have no doubt this is a good cause and worthy of support in that sense.

But, really, it’s like food banks for me... I do support them but I resent the fact they are necessary.