PDA

View Full Version : Remainder of December

Hibernian Verse
08-12-2020, 09:48 AM
As we sit third after a tough run of games, we can look forward to what we have to come before this horrendous year finally ends.

Hamilton (A)
Alloa (A) League Cup 1/4
Dundee Utd (H)
St Mirren (H)
Rangers (A)
Ross County (H)

Anything over 12 pts & a Semi Final and we've won a watch. Realistically, I think we will drop points not only at Ibrox but in one other game.

:flag:

jonny
08-12-2020, 09:56 AM
As we sit third after a tough run of games, we can look forward to what we have to come before this horrendous year finally ends.

Hamilton (A)
Alloa (A) League Cup 1/4
Dundee Utd (H)
St Mirren (H)
Rangers (A)
Ross County (H)

Anything over 12 pts & a Semi Final and we've won a watch. Realistically, I think we will drop points not only at Ibrox but in one other game.

I agree the target should be get into the semi final of the cup and 12 points, although if we pick up 10 points then I think that could still be considered to be a successful month.

hibbysam
08-12-2020, 10:34 AM
15 points and a semi final. Anything less and Ross can go! Joking aside, I don’t see any reason we shouldn’t be getting 12 points and a semi final spot. 3 home games against what are effectively bottom 6 sides and away to the favourites for relegation.

Sir David Gray
08-12-2020, 10:54 AM
With Livingston at home the first game of 2021 as well, we should be aiming for between 13-15 points from our next 6 league matches.

Anything less than that will be a bit disappointing.

Hopefully give Rangers a decent game as well.

Juniper Greens
08-12-2020, 10:54 AM
I'd probably take 9 points and a semi. However, my fear is we end up with 8 points.

The criticism of us last season was too many draws. So this will be a really interesting run of games to see how we have progressed

Jones28
08-12-2020, 11:02 AM

Hamilton (A) W
Alloa (A) League Cup 1/4 W
Dundee Utd (H) W
St Mirren (H) D
Rangers (A) L
Ross County (H) W

10 points and a semi for me, anything more than that would be fantastic, and we'd need that to be in the mix for 2nd.

Stuart93
08-12-2020, 11:11 AM
A semi is usually the best I can hope for

Jim44
08-12-2020, 11:16 AM
A semi is usually the best I can hope for

Pfizer produce more than Covid vaccine.:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
08-12-2020, 11:19 AM
10 points and a semi for me, anything more than that would be fantastic, and we'd need that to be in the mix for 2nd.

Is it only me that read that as "10 pints and a semi", and thought "aye shining bright...." ?

Since452
08-12-2020, 11:22 AM
Playing on the plastic on Saturday won't do our preparation for Alloa any harm. Noticed they lost at home to Ayr at the weekend. No excuses for us.

Radge70
08-12-2020, 11:32 AM
Pfizer produce more than Covid vaccine.:greengrin
And Pele has just turned 80 so is at the front of the queue again!

Magpie
08-12-2020, 11:44 AM
If we can win every game excluding Rangers we put ourselves into a fantastic position of achieving top 4 at minimum.

Jones28
08-12-2020, 12:15 PM
Is it only me that read that as "10 pints and a semi", and thought "aye shining bright...." ?

I'll be lucky

Keith_M
08-12-2020, 12:57 PM
Should be an interesting game against Hamilton as they seem to have finally come onto some form.

They beat Killie on Saturday, just two days after a 3-0 win over St Mirren.

CMurdoch
08-12-2020, 08:52 PM
Should be an interesting game against Hamilton as they seem to have finally come onto some form.

They beat Killie on Saturday, just two days after a 3-0 win over St Mirren.

All they need for another result is Hibs to get a player sent off or Hibs not to play because they are self isolating after being eejits at the dinner table or on the bus.

Nah, win Hibs.

King Cosell
08-12-2020, 09:22 PM
One game at a time, sweet Jesus...

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-12-2020, 08:56 AM
The Rangers game is a free hit. If we go into that game on the back of a five game winning run, then we have nothing to fear.

Alfred E Newman
09-12-2020, 08:59 AM

Aye, we never learn!

Hibernian Verse
09-12-2020, 12:09 PM

Aye, we never learn!

Apologies for posting my thoughts.

Diclonius
09-12-2020, 01:00 PM
We should be winning all remaining games bar Rangers if we want to push for 3rd.

basehibby
09-12-2020, 04:22 PM

Hamilton (A)
Alloa (A) League Cup 1/4
Dundee Utd (H)
St Mirren (H)
Rangers (A)
Ross County (H)

That's a really favourable run of fixtures and I hope and expect to see the team take advantage. There's many a December which has turned out to be bitterly disappointing following Hibs over the years but I'm pretty optimistic this time round as we have just emerged from a mini-dip in form and I can sense a bit of momentum building up. I therefore predict we will yield a minimum of 13 points and a semi this December (including last week's win). I'm known to be a blind optimist at times though - fingers crossed this hunch is rooted in reality!