PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Game

Souter96Mac
07-12-2020, 02:08 PM
Another massive game this weekend, and a chance to go 2nd in the table..even if it would only be a day, I think to even have that as a possibility in December is a pretty good indication of how well we are doing this year (albeit Celtic having a good few games in hand)

Also another opportunity to further the gap with teams below as United and Killie play Rangers and Celtic respectively, whilst Motherwell play St Mirren who seem to be "in form" after their results Vs Aberdeen.

Cmon Hibees, let's keep this going!

After a bit of research, a win this weekend would match the same number of wins we had last season in total, and take us to 32 points - it took us up until the 2nd weekend in February to surpass 32..

JimBHibees
07-12-2020, 02:19 PM
Another massive game this weekend, and a chance to go 2nd in the table..even if it would only be a day, I think to even have that as a possibility in December is a pretty good indication of how well we are doing this year (albeit Celtic having a good few games in hand)

Also another opportunity to further the gap with teams below as United and Killie play Rangers and Celtic respectively, whilst Motherwell play St Mirren who seem to be "in form" after their results Vs Aberdeen.

Cmon Hibees, let's keep this going!

After a bit of research, a win this weekend would match the same number of wins we had last season in total, and take us to 32 points - it took us up until the 2nd weekend in February to surpass 32..

Great opportunity to consolidate our position though as always will be tough on that pitch against a Hamilton team putting a few results together including drawing with Aberdeen and beating Killie at home recently.

Billy Whizz
07-12-2020, 02:29 PM
A completely different game form the Motherwell one
Hamilton will sit in, and defend for their lives

JimBHibees
07-12-2020, 02:49 PM
A completely different game form the Motherwell one
Hamilton will sit in, and defend for their lives

Agree however I think under Rice they are a bit more attacking than previously. First goal is massive need to be up for a battle.

ekhibee
07-12-2020, 11:46 PM
£15 for PPV according to official website. That's a bit cheeky, considering how ***** Hamilton usually are, but they are playing a bit better at the moment.

Ringothedog
08-12-2020, 07:18 AM
£15 for PPV according to official website. That's a bit cheeky, considering how ***** Hamilton usually are, but they are playing a bit better at the moment.

Which is pretty fair considering it’s their only source of income from home games as they didn’t sell season tickets

Since452
08-12-2020, 07:59 AM
I'd be very dissspointed if we don't win

Sir David Gray
08-12-2020, 08:24 AM
Which is pretty fair considering it’s their only source of income from home games as they didn’t sell season tickets

Yep no problem with it at all.

There's a chance that they'll be relegated this season so I imagine they will need to maximise their income even more than most.

zitelli62
08-12-2020, 09:47 AM
I've got 2 tickets for last seasons postponed game should get ppv for free!

On a serious note £15 not bad would cost more going there.

Bill Milne
08-12-2020, 09:48 AM
A possible downer for us is that Kevin Clancy is the referee.

PatHead
08-12-2020, 04:16 PM
A possible downer for us is that Kevin Clancy is the referee.

We seem to say that about every referee nowadays!

Ringothedog
08-12-2020, 04:34 PM
We seem to say that about every referee nowadays!

In this case we do have reasons to be a bit wary

I had to stop myself typing “reasons to be cheerful”

JXM73
08-12-2020, 04:45 PM
Aye but Ross isnae any good, 2nd in the league not good enough....

ekhibee
08-12-2020, 08:14 PM

I stand corrected, I wasn't aware of that. They are pretty well my local club, Hamilton's only 4 miles away from where I stay. They've always been a well-run club, working within their means with a concentration on youth, but I had no idea they'd scrapped season tickets for this season. In that case I have no problem whatsoever in giving them £15. Still hope we beat them though.

number9dream
09-12-2020, 09:12 AM
Any word on Murphy's fitness? It might be best to keep him off the plastic over next two games - and Magennis too, if he's nearly there.
Would you give Gullan a start wide on the left or bring back Doidge to partner Nisbet?
Hallberg definitely deserves to keep his place.

Key West
09-12-2020, 09:31 AM
Think this game will follow the usual pattern with Hibs in the first half trying to establish a foothold and then becoming more expansive in the second period.
I think the playing surface will influence team selection as previously mentioned and that Gullan at the moment is still more effective coming on with a fresh energy when there are more spaces to exploit.

HH81
09-12-2020, 01:29 PM
15 quid is about the average price for the streams.

Livingston was 20 quid earlier in the season from memory. It was worth every penny though.

scoopyboy
09-12-2020, 02:20 PM
Any word on Murphy's fitness? It might be best to keep him off the plastic over next two games - and Magennis too, if he's nearly there.
Would you give Gullan a start wide on the left or bring back Doidge to partner Nisbet?
Hallberg definitely deserves to keep his place.

Its the other leg from his previous hamstring injury, like you I would leave him out the Hamilton and Alloa games due to their pitches.

Not sure about up front selection but I would definitely bring Gogic back in if fit, knows and plays the pitch well and also knows most of the Hamilton players.

JohnMcM
11-12-2020, 02:29 PM
Signed up for this one as well. For some reason I'm more anxious about this match than I was for Motherwell last week.:confused:

Heisenberg
11-12-2020, 02:34 PM
I can see this being a draw, it just seems like the type of game we’d normally drop points in. Hopefully I’m wrong come full time tomorrow.

HH81
11-12-2020, 03:34 PM
Three possibly missing Gogic, Murphy and Mackie i think was. Hopefully not.

Buying the game in the morning. Mon Hibs.

Iggy Pope
11-12-2020, 05:13 PM

I’ve missed the news on Mackie what’s wrong with him?

Billy Whizz
11-12-2020, 05:27 PM
I’ve missed the news on Mackie what’s wrong with him?

He missed last weeks game too, think it’s a muscle injury
Not unsurprisingly as he was out for so long

Iggy Pope
11-12-2020, 05:56 PM
He missed last weeks game too, think it’s a muscle injury
Not unsurprisingly as he was out for so long

I knew he had missed last week BW, but was wondering if it’s a lay off. He was settling in again too.

Billy Whizz
11-12-2020, 06:00 PM
I knew he had missed last week BW, but was wondering if it’s a lay off. He was settling in again too.

I’ve know idea how long, he was the man in possession of the left back berth, but Lewis has come back in, and the team got a clean sheet and 3 pts

Iggy Pope
11-12-2020, 06:19 PM
Darren Jackson doing the pre match for Accies on their PPV. Templeton co-commentating though ....

Jim44
12-12-2020, 06:52 AM
I don’t see us slipping up in this one. I’m confident of a win by two or three goals.

LancsHibs
12-12-2020, 07:02 AM
I don’t see us slipping up in this one. I’m confident of a win by two or three goals.

Hope your right!🤞

Ardenttwo
12-12-2020, 07:13 AM
15 quid is about the average price for the streams.

Livingston was 20 quid earlier in the season from memory. It was worth every penny though.

Looks like I will get the game on Hibs TV International

hibbysam
12-12-2020, 07:29 AM
Huge game to keep that 8 point minimum gap to 5th, especially with Dundee United playing rangers. Motherwell then go to ibrox next week while we play United. Fixtures falling our way to give us the best chance at cementing a top 4 spot and Europe, while piling the pressure on Aberdeen and Celtic.

Greenbeard
12-12-2020, 07:33 AM

Murphy out and Magennis available are the only changes from last week's squad. So Gogic def n/a which is a shame. His familiarity would have been a big plus.

heretoday
12-12-2020, 07:52 AM
Tricky match. Could be a draw.

JimBHibees
12-12-2020, 08:02 AM
Huge opportunity to cement our league place will be tough though however any sort of win would do just about grinding out the three points today I think.

hibbysam
12-12-2020, 08:37 AM
Huge opportunity to cement our league place will be tough though however any sort of win would do just about grinding out the three points today I think.

Yip, December isn’t about looking good, it’s about getting 3 points week after week however you get them.

Allant1981
12-12-2020, 10:58 AM
Tricky match. Could be a draw.

If we don't beat them by at least 2 goals big questions should be asked, they have only won 1 game in about the last 7 or 8

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-12-2020, 11:12 AM
The important games for Hamilton are the ones against the teams around them so this one is almost a free hit. They would take a 0-0 draw right now. If we take the game to them from the start we will win.

scoopyboy
12-12-2020, 11:15 AM
If we don't beat them by at least 2 goals big questions should be asked, they have only won 1 game in about the last 7 or 8

You're probably right but I hate comments like that, akin to folk saying we will easily beat Hearts:greengrin

I watched their 1-1 draw with Aberdeen and they were the better team, last week they beat Killie 1-0. I'm not so sure it will be easy.

I hope you are right and look forward to a told you so tonight.

easty
12-12-2020, 11:18 AM

That’s an interesting way to look at it.

Another would be...they’re unbeaten in 2, having beat Killie and drew with Aberdeen. They’ve lost one of their last 4 games.

We’re better than they are, but you’re dreaming if you think it’ll be easy to turn up and win by 2 goals

Heisenberg
12-12-2020, 11:18 AM
You're probably right but I hate comments like that, akin to folk saying we will easily beat Hearts:greengrin

I watched their 1-1 draw with Aberdeen and they were the better team, last week they beat Killie 1-0. I'm not so sure it will be easy.

Was just about to post similar. They’ve picked up their performances and results in the last couple of games.

Since452
12-12-2020, 11:21 AM
We should be winning this game. But it is Hibs so you never know.

flash
12-12-2020, 11:23 AM

So if we win by 1 goal it's some sort of failure? Bizarre attitude.

bigwheel
12-12-2020, 11:28 AM

How many games do we win by more than a goal ? It happened last week - but in league games can’t be that regular an occurrence..

Think we have won there by more than one goal about twice in the last 10+ years

WhileTheChief..
12-12-2020, 11:32 AM

Doesn’t matter who we play, we are warned that they’ll be tough, it’ll be a hard game etc etc.

Truth is, games against Hamilton and the likes are the easier ones and we absolutely should be strolling it, which I think we will.

3-0 Hibs.

Smartie
12-12-2020, 11:34 AM
I’d quite like to see Gullan come in for Murphy.

He’s looked quite dangerous in that “coming in from the left” role he was given during fleeting cameos.

I suspect Ross might go back to the more traditional 442 for this one, which may also be reasonable.

Allant1981
12-12-2020, 11:37 AM
So if we win by 1 goal it's some sort of failure? Bizarre attitude.

A bizarre attitude to say we should be skelping a team like Hamilton that have been hopeless for most of the season, I'd turn it around and say bizarre that you dont think we shouldn't beating them comfortably, and at no point did I say it would be a failure

bigwheel
12-12-2020, 11:38 AM
A bizarre attitude to say we should be skelping a team like Hamilton that have been hopeless for most of the season, I'd turn it around and say bizarre that you dont think we shouldn't beating them comfortably, and at no point did I say it would be a failure

I’d take a 1 nil win away anyway tbh

Allant1981
12-12-2020, 11:38 AM
How many games do we win by more than a goal ? It happened last week - but in league games can’t be that regular an occurrence..

Think we have won there by more than one goal about twice in the last 10+ years

3 times this season already I'm pretty sure

Allant1981
12-12-2020, 11:40 AM
Doesn’t matter who we play, we are warned that they’ll be tough, it’ll be a hard game etc etc.

Truth is, games against Hamilton and the likes are the easier ones and we absolutely should be strolling it, which I think we will.

3-0 Hibs.

Of course the players will be told that but we are fans that have absolutely no impact on the result, like you I think we will stroll it and win quite easily

Allant1981
12-12-2020, 11:41 AM

They have been pretty rubbish all season so we should be expecting a win but it's hibs and we should know better!!

Onceinawhile
12-12-2020, 11:45 AM
Tbf, they've turned a wee bit of a corner, so we need to be careful, but we are still, by far the better team.

I'd also like to see Gullan get a start. See what he can do.

hibee-boys
12-12-2020, 11:58 AM
I’d quite like to see Gullan come in for Murphy.

He’s looked quite dangerous in that “coming in from the left” role he was given during fleeting cameos.

I suspect Ross might go back to the more traditional 442 for this one, which may also be reasonable.

Agree, Jamie deserves a start, seems to make an impact every time he comes on. Appreciate it will depend on how Jack Ross wants to shape the team but I can see Jamie being able to play the same role as Murphy.

flash
12-12-2020, 12:10 PM
Pretty sure the quote "questions should be asked" implies failure.

TheGreenMan
12-12-2020, 12:13 PM

If we don't beat them by two goals, I'm heading to Easter Road to throw fences at police 😁

erin go bragh
12-12-2020, 12:16 PM
Any type of win will do on this joke of a pitch. We win 3 zip last week and some folk are still not happy.
Can’t imagine what this place would have been like, had it existed in the 80’’s

Allant1981
12-12-2020, 12:33 PM

It really doesn't, it implies that as a much better team questions should be asked as to why we didn't score more than an inferior team, what could be done better, could things have been changed during the game.

JimBHibees
12-12-2020, 12:44 PM

Their last two home games have been a draw with Aberdeen and beating Killie shows what the game will be like.

JimBHibees
12-12-2020, 12:49 PM
Doidge for Murphy the only change from last week. Looks like 442.

Stuart93
12-12-2020, 12:50 PM
I’d rather have gullan in there out wide than wright

Andy74
12-12-2020, 12:50 PM

Big questions no less.

The Sundance Kid
12-12-2020, 12:51 PM

Think Gullan is unfortunate not to get a run out with Murphy being injured but here’s hoping he can contribute from the bench when called upon

green day
12-12-2020, 12:51 PM

Yep, and Gullan to come on 2nd half?

Onceinawhile
12-12-2020, 12:53 PM
Where does Bradley play?

Was it Shanley who just went out on loan?

wookie70
12-12-2020, 12:54 PM
Agree, Jamie deserves a start, seems to make an impact every time he comes on. Appreciate it will depend on how Jack Ross wants to shape the team but I can see Jamie being able to play the same role as Murphy.

Agree with this. Jamie may be a completely different type of player but he looks right at home wide left. He has deserved a start and we can't afford to risk players with a niggle as we have a fairly small squad. Murphy doesn't offer much when we don't have the ball so Jamie's extra energy may enable us to press Hamilton more and keep the pressure on.

Eyrie
12-12-2020, 01:54 PM
Where does Bradley play?

Was it Shanley who just went out on loan?

Think Bradley's a midfielder.

And yes, to Kelty.

Allant1981
12-12-2020, 03:36 PM
That’s an interesting way to look at it.

Another would be...they’re unbeaten in 2, having beat Killie and drew with Aberdeen. They’ve lost one of their last 4 games.

We’re better than they are, but you’re dreaming if you think it’ll be easy to turn up and win by 2 goals

Looks like I must have been dreaming!!

Jonnyboy
12-12-2020, 06:41 PM
Looks like I must have been dreaming!!

And a very pleasant dream it was too :greengrin

Jim44
12-12-2020, 07:07 PM

Hope your right!🤞

Well, I was one goal out but didn’t we come good today and did the business? We might have come a cropper as some folk suggested, but we’re shaping up for good things in the rest of the season. :hibees