PDA

View Full Version : Sportsound

The 90+2
06-12-2020, 02:54 PM
Is it just me or is Jane Lewis the worst presenter ever?

She regularly gets names wrong, and just seems completely out her depth. Weird that they persist with her. Shes stuttering her way through half time just now and clearly even reading from a script.

Logie Green
06-12-2020, 02:56 PM

She regularly gets names wrong, and just seems completely out her depth. Weird that they persist with her. Shes stuttering her way through half time just now and clearly even reading from a script.

Agree. She’s not very good and when she’s trying to converse with Billy Dodds it’s like being back in primary school.

Sir David Gray
06-12-2020, 03:00 PM
She's hopeless to listen to, constantly stopping and starting what she's saying.

She's been like that for years too, I remember her on STV being like that as well.

Wull
06-12-2020, 03:09 PM
I been watching Celtic TV and Stubb's takes some beating, so biased it's no true not a mention of St J except to say they are niggling Celtic

Coco Bryce
06-12-2020, 03:10 PM
I been watching Celtic TV and Stubb's takes some beating, so biased it's no true not a mention of St J except to say they are niggling Celtic

Bowing to the masses.

hibee316
06-12-2020, 03:40 PM

Commentator on Celtic tv biased towards Celtic?

That is shocking.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-12-2020, 03:46 PM
Agree. She’s not very good and when she’s trying to converse with Billy Dodds it’s like being back in primary school.

Lol

WhileTheChief..
06-12-2020, 03:50 PM

Same every time. She can never get her words out and her questions ramble on forever as if she is trying to think of what to say.

Utterly useless.

Today was worse than normal with Dodds and McCann. It was like listening to two wee boys and their big sister.

J-C
06-12-2020, 03:57 PM
Not as bad as Derek Ferguson. Who. Talks. In. One. Word. Sentences. When. Giving. His. Reports.

ekhibee
06-12-2020, 04:16 PM
She's quite annoying, a 5 minute interview when she's doing it sounds like 10. She's a pretty rubbish interviewer TBH, there surely must be someone better out there.

18Craig75
06-12-2020, 04:54 PM
I often wonder what percentage of the show is just her talking, repeating herself and delaying getting a question out. Don’t intend to be mean but I find it really hard to listen now when she’s hosting.

hibbysam
06-12-2020, 04:58 PM
Mentioned it previously regarding her interviewing skills. Very poor and her knowledge is extremely limited.

CMurdoch
06-12-2020, 05:18 PM
Not as bad as Derek Ferguson. Who. Talks. In. One. Word. Sentences. When. Giving. His. Reports.

I like listening to Derek Ferguson. It's an adventure
He's an ex footballer, brought up in a scheme with a limited vocabulary.
I feel myself willing him on to succeed when he is speaking.
Sometimes he does and sometimes he gives everyone a laugh.
It's entertainment and he does his best.
Jane Lewis on the other hand is an educated journalist who bores me to tears.

tamig
06-12-2020, 05:26 PM

Derek Ferguson’s enthusiasm for the game is un questionable. I enjoy listening to his off the cuff chat. Is the scripted/written down stuff he toils with and I feel a bit sorry for him in that regard.

J-C
06-12-2020, 06:05 PM

I agree he's enthusiastic and not the most learned of punters and he does try his best I suppose. Never listen to Sportsound nowadays but agree she's a terrible interviewer/presenter.

Carheenlea
06-12-2020, 06:19 PM
On yesterday’s show Willie Miller was asked his views on Aberdeen’s form this season, and because he hasn’t seen that much of them this season he joked with Richard Gordon if he could have a word with the producers on his behalf to fix him up with covering some Aberdeen games.

Willie would be better asking Pat Bonner what the script is to get to cover only your favourite side.
Quite what the arrangement is between Bonner and the BBC is remains an odd one, but for a national broadcaster, and one that is supposed to be neutral, having a Celtic cheerleader covering every single Celtic game at taxpayers expense is a disgrace.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-12-2020, 06:47 PM
Biases and conflicts of interests all over the shop over the years. Little wonder the likes of Nevin and Paterson packed it in.

Hillsidehibby
06-12-2020, 06:58 PM
I think she is employed to make Lewis McLeod appear adequate.
Has there ever been a more insufferable chunt than him?

Sir David Gray
06-12-2020, 07:03 PM
Has there ever been a more insufferable chunt than him?

He's almost as bad as Liam McLeod. :greengrin

Lago
06-12-2020, 07:11 PM
I like Derek, he does at least have some understanding of football, even if he takes his time explaining it 😊

Jones28
06-12-2020, 08:17 PM

Used to like him until he defended Rangers wearing orange kits as a tribute to the “Dutch boiyz”.

LeithMike
06-12-2020, 08:19 PM
I like Derek, he does at least have some understanding of football, even if he takes his time explaining it [emoji4]Also quite like DF although best when not speaking about Rangers. That time when Rangers were questioned over their orange strip he saw no other plausible explanation than in tribute to their Dutch players of a few years ago. Aye right - although far more genuine and transparent than Billy Dodds.

Brings up another matter which Radio Scotland handled appallingly.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

gaz1875
06-12-2020, 08:34 PM
She is terrible, I dread when I hear her on the show. If she has a speech impediment then fair play to her, but if not she needs emptied.

Fergos
06-12-2020, 08:37 PM
On yesterday’s show Willie Miller was asked his views on Aberdeen’s form this season, and because he hasn’t seen that much of them this season he joked with Richard Gordon if he could have a word with the producers on his behalf to fix him up with covering some Aberdeen games.

Willie would be better asking Pat Bonner what the script is to get to cover only your favourite side.
Quite what the arrangement is between Bonner and the BBC is remains an odd one, but for a national broadcaster, and one that is supposed to be neutral, having a Celtic cheerleader covering every single Celtic game at taxpayers expense is a disgrace.

Couldnt agree more. Last time we played Celtic, RG asked him a question regarding Hibs form going into the game, he proceeded to talk about Celtic. Of course. And he’s not even good at that.

GGTTH

tamig
06-12-2020, 08:39 PM
Biases and conflicts of interests all over the shop over the years. Little wonder the likes of Nevin and Paterson packed it in.

Wee Pat has a much bigger and better gig on 5 Live now though.

H113EE5
06-12-2020, 09:50 PM

:agree::agree: