PDA

View Full Version : Away Results

brog
05-12-2020, 05:54 PM
We've now won 6 away league games this season, (4 in total last season) & conceded 1 penalty goal in those 6 wins. With the exception of Livi, nearly all these games have been won in the 2nd half, 4 were 0 0 at half time. Thats pretty much what Aberdeen & to a large extent the OF have been doing for years. Like everyone I'd like to see us blow teams away from the start but we have to recognise that defensive solidity in the 1st half is giving us the platform to put teams away in the 2nd. Just something to remember for next Saturday! 😁

Magpie
05-12-2020, 06:08 PM
Should have saw off Ross County at Dingwall too but as you say we have done very well on the road regardless.

erin go bragh
05-12-2020, 06:09 PM
Top of the away league, with 19 pts .

cabbageandribs1875
05-12-2020, 06:15 PM
great away day stats

and i'm glad Hamilton finally stopped their run of poor results today....they can resume their poor results starting next week

Souter96Mac
05-12-2020, 06:17 PM
We've now won 6 away league games this season, (4 in total last season) & conceded 1 penalty goal in those 6 wins. With the exception of Livi, nearly all these games have been won in the 2nd half, 4 were 0 0 at half time. Thats pretty much what Aberdeen & to a large extent the OF have been doing for years. Like everyone I'd like to see us blow teams away from the start but we have to recognise that defensive solidity in the 1st half is giving us the platform to put teams away in the 2nd. Just something to remember for next Saturday! 😁

To put the stat into context even further, we had 8 away wins during the 18/19 season, and 7 in 17/18. A great achievement so far, long may it continue!

brog
05-12-2020, 07:00 PM
To put the stat into context even further, we had 8 away wins during the 18/19 season, and 7 in 17/18. A great achievement so far, long may it continue!

I hadn't realised that & TBH 8 & 7 away wins out of 19 isn't bad at all. Long may this season's form continue!

brog
12-12-2020, 06:59 PM
Thought I would update! Now 7 away wins, 17 goals for, 1 (pen) against! Outstanding!

oneone73
12-12-2020, 07:00 PM
Thought I would update! Now 7 away wins, 17 goals for, 1 (pen) against! Outstanding!

Didn't we concede 3 at Parkhead?

Ringothedog
12-12-2020, 07:03 PM
Didn't we concede 3 at Parkhead?

We have conceded 1 goal in the games we have won

oneone73
12-12-2020, 07:04 PM
We have conceded 1 goal in the games we have won

Ah.D'oh!

Souter96Mac
12-12-2020, 07:22 PM
I was thinking this today, what is record for the highest number of away wins we've had in a season? Would be interested to find that out because this season will surely get close

Nakedmanoncrack
12-12-2020, 07:30 PM
Certainly the best away form I can recall. How many did we win in the 2016/17 Championship season? Couldn't have been many more in the lower league, as there were a lot of draws.

Souter96Mac
12-12-2020, 09:33 PM
Certainly the best away form I can recall. How many did we win in the 2016/17 Championship season? Couldn't have been many more in the lower league, as there were a lot of draws.

After a quick count on wiki, we won 10 away league games that season.

We're currently on track for a 71 point finish, according to our points per game average so far. Which was our points total when we won the championship, albeit playing 36 games.

worcesterhibby
13-12-2020, 09:26 AM
I think its pretty obvious that the lack of fans is making a difference to home advantage. It would be interesting to see an analysis which compares this across all British leagues.Hibs have been great away from home, but the fact the home teams don't have the crowd behind them, must be at least part of the explanation.

Keith_M
13-12-2020, 09:35 AM
I think its pretty obvious that the lack of fans is making a difference to home advantage. It would be interesting to see an analysis which compares this across all British leagues.Hibs have been great away from home, but the fact the home teams don't have the crowd behind them, must be at least part of the explanation.

I would have thought that Hibs were more likely to have a home disadvantage

brog
13-12-2020, 12:44 PM

Without a doubt it's a part of it. When footy restarted in Germany and then England there were some decent betting opportunities as the bookies took a while to reflect the changed circumstances.

Iggy Pope
13-12-2020, 12:58 PM
I would have thought that Hibs were more likely to have a home disadvantage

It's stacking up that way.
So far away performances at Perth, Motherwell and Hamilton have outweighed home equivalents and we were poor v Aberdeen (also away right enough).
Throwing away a win v Celtic was criminal too.

It will be interesting to see how the home games this quarter against Livi, Ross Co and St Mirren compare.

ancient hibee
13-12-2020, 01:34 PM
Interesting that we have been put in the position of playing 10 out of 17 games away.