PDA

View Full Version : Mrs McGinn's Boys

hibbyfraelibby
05-12-2020, 03:58 PM
Is she the only footballers mother to raise three sons who have all scored goals for the same different teams?

The Count
05-12-2020, 04:02 PM
Have three brothers scored for Hibs before in our history??

Magpie
05-12-2020, 04:03 PM
Is there another son we don’t know about? 😅

lord bunberry
05-12-2020, 04:05 PM
I don’t know if they all scored for St Mirren, but if they did I doubt that 3 brothers have all scored for 2 different teams never mind 1.

cabbageandribs1875
05-12-2020, 04:05 PM
Is there another son we don’t know about? 😅

nope, but John does have a twin sister

cabbageandribs1875
05-12-2020, 04:06 PM
I don’t know if they all scored for St Mirren, but if they did I doubt that 3 brothers have all scored for 2 different teams never mind 1.

stephen has 4 and paul 3

Magpie
05-12-2020, 04:07 PM
nope, but John does have a twin sister

Women’s team looking for any new players? 😁

Irish_Steve
05-12-2020, 04:09 PM
Yeah, all the McGinn brothers have scored for St. Mirren too. Surely that is so sort of record

lord bunberry
05-12-2020, 04:37 PM
stephen has 4 and paul 3
I’m sure sjm has a few as well. That’s quite unbelievable that they’ve all scored for 2 different teams.

cabbageandribs1875
05-12-2020, 04:50 PM
I’m sure sjm has a few as well. That’s quite unbelievable that they’ve all scored for 2 different teams.

just the four for st.mirren...poor stuff :greengrin

12 for hibs

10 for aston villa so far

heretoday
05-12-2020, 04:52 PM

Well, there's a challenge! If I had the energy I'd set about researching that but I don't have. Maybe Google can supply?

Lendo
05-12-2020, 05:25 PM
just the four for st.mirren...poor stuff :greengrin

12 for hibs

10 for aston villa so far

That is some goal tally for Villa already.

Seveno
05-12-2020, 05:32 PM
Name the East Stand after the lady.

Irish_Steve
05-12-2020, 05:44 PM
Well, there's a challenge! If I had the energy I'd set about researching that but I don't have. Maybe Google can supply?

The Wallace brothers (Danny, Ray and Rod) all played in the Southampton team at the same time which is pretty impressive in itself. However, only Rod and Danny scored for Southampton, leaving the McGinn's way out in front, as far as I can see - still working on it tho

Edit:

Did a bit of digging around (ie Wiki!) and it did have two good lists of footballing brother/sons/cousins etc Here's the links as they are quite interesting though - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_football_families and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_association_football_families

From that list though, I see that it three brothers have scored for one team before - Frank. Alex and George Walker for Queens Park

Allan Clarke (he of Leeds United fame and scorer of the winning goal in the 1972 FA cup), had four other brothers who played football. At various points, Allan, Derek, Kelvin and Wayne Clarke played for Walsall with three of them scoring for the club

And three Milburn brothers also scored for Leeds United - George, Jim and Jack (cousin of the more famous Jackie Milburn)

However, as yet I can't find three brothers who have score for two different teams

Any other nerds out there lol

danhibees1875
05-12-2020, 06:51 PM
Not sure if they all ever scored but Livi played 4 brothers, all in the same game.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18406508.amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjyq7eUyrftAhUCQEEAHU43Af8QFjAIegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw1nupgM95VORfSDJO36x4Or&ampcf=1

Keith_M
05-12-2020, 06:55 PM
:singing:

We've got McGinns,
A ****load of McGinns,
I just don't think you understand,
You just get rid o' yin,
Another two come in,
We've got a ****load of McGinns.

SJNB Hibby
05-12-2020, 06:59 PM

We've got McGinns,
A ****load of McGinns,
You just get rid o' yin,
Another two come in,

:aok:

Hillsidehibby
05-12-2020, 07:02 PM

We've got McGinns,
A ****load of McGinns,
You just get rid o' yin,
Another two come in,

👏

SJNB Hibby
05-12-2020, 07:04 PM
The Wallace brothers (Danny, Ray and Rod) all played in the Southampton team at the same time which is pretty impressive in itself. However, only Rod and Danny scored for Southampton, leaving the McGinn's way out in front, as far as I can see - still working on it tho

Edit:

Did a bit of digging around (ie Wiki!) and it did have two good lists of footballing brother/sons/cousins etc Here's the links as they are quite interesting though - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_football_families and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_association_football_families

From that list though, I see that it three brothers have scored for one team before - Frank. Alex and George Walker for Queens Park

Allan Clarke (he of Leeds United fame and scorer of the winning goal in the 1972 FA cup), had four other brothers who played football. At various points, Allan, Derek, Kelvin and Wayne Clarke played for Walsall with three of them scoring for the club

And three Milburn brothers also scored for Leeds United - George, Jim and Jack (cousin of the more famous Jackie Milburn)

However, as yet I can't find three brothers who have score for two different teams

I've sent the question in to "The Knowledge" at The Guardian

LongJohnBanger
05-12-2020, 07:05 PM

Edit:

Cracking bit of digging. Love it.

LongJohnBanger
05-12-2020, 07:07 PM

Also a great shout. The nuggets of football trivia you get there are fantastic.

Irish_Steve
05-12-2020, 07:08 PM
Cracking bit of digging. Love it.

I just asked Mr. Dickie

Irish_Steve
05-12-2020, 07:10 PM

Make sure you post the reply if you get one!

hibbydog
05-12-2020, 07:24 PM

Edit:

I love fun facts like that. Thanks for posting.

GGTTH

Hillsidehibby
05-12-2020, 08:34 PM
I bet their ma and da are proud as ****

stu in nottingham
05-12-2020, 11:49 PM
Not a challenger for this particular crown but the Worthington brothers did pretty well. Frank and Dave scored for Halifax but their brother Bob played for them but without scoring.

Impressive tally of League appearances between them though - getting on for around 1,600 between them. Nephew, Gary Worthington weighed in with approximately another 200 League appearances too.

NAE NOOKIE
06-12-2020, 01:42 AM
Every time we win a game Mrs McGinn should get a bonus :greengrin

Northernhibee
06-12-2020, 08:24 AM
Every time we win a game Mrs McGinn should get a bonus :greengrin

We should pump non stop Barry White into their house so we can get a whole team of McGinns.

hhibs
06-12-2020, 06:18 PM
We should pump non stop Barry White into their house so we can get a whole team of McGinns.

Without being rude maybe time to hand the task on to the next generation.

Northernhibee
06-12-2020, 06:19 PM
Without being rude maybe time to hand the task on to the next generation.

Pump in some Justin Bieber doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Stick with the Barry.

Irish_Steve
06-12-2020, 06:23 PM
Pump in some Justin Bieber doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Stick with the Barry.

Barry Lavety??

eezyrider
06-12-2020, 08:44 PM

I have too lol. They have to print it now :hyper

EZ

SJNB Hibby
06-12-2020, 11:58 PM
I have too lol. They have to print it now :hyper

EZ
Some of the questions are starting to get obscure
This should be a piece of cake