The 90+2
04-12-2020, 04:51 PM
Perfect.

Since452
04-12-2020, 04:56 PM
Will be like a new signing

neil7908
04-12-2020, 04:56 PM
Fantastic news. He'll be a huge boost to the team if we can get him back playing.

matty_f
04-12-2020, 05:00 PM
Would be brilliant to have him back in the side, this is really good news.

Just_Jimmy
04-12-2020, 05:05 PM
what a Christmas gift that is!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hibeewilly
04-12-2020, 05:06 PM
Fantastic news.......even if he's only able to come on as an impact sub initially it would be a massive boost to us and a worry for our opponents!!:agree:

Vault Boy
04-12-2020, 05:14 PM
Just to note that he's back in light training with no view to a return to the team for a good while yet, but it's still tremendous news. Can only hope this means he's set to make a full recovery back to health, which is the most important thing. Getting to see him back on the pitch again would be a brilliant bonus.

Ronniekirk
04-12-2020, 05:31 PM
Light Training and we dint know what the health issue was So agree it’s unlikely he will be on the bench this year
But if we can get him fully fit and back playing it will be a boost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
04-12-2020, 05:35 PM
Where is this reported? Not that I doubt it, would just be interested to read about it.

Magpie
04-12-2020, 05:38 PM
Great news.

Sir David Gray
04-12-2020, 05:42 PM
Where is this reported? Not that I doubt it, would just be interested to read about it.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/scott-allan-returns-hibs-training-after-three-months-sidelines-3058290

JimBHibees
04-12-2020, 05:43 PM
Fantastic news our most talented player

Magpie
04-12-2020, 05:49 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/scott-allan-returns-hibs-training-after-three-months-sidelines-3058290

Looks like he probably won’t be involved until at least after Christmas/New Year but it’s a positive step.

04-12-2020, 05:56 PM
I don’t want him in the team until he’s fully fit to be honest. He has been pretty guff since returning.

calumhibee1
04-12-2020, 05:56 PM
Superb.

The Spaceman
04-12-2020, 06:29 PM
That is really positive news - sounds like he’s being eased in and see how he goes, which is much better news than many of us had feared. Would absolutely love it if he made it back into the team - he would be a real joy to watch newly linking up with Nisbet and Murphy.

Brooster
04-12-2020, 06:34 PM
I don’t want him in the team until he’s fully fit to be honest. He has been pretty guff since returning.

It's great to see him back but you feel the need to come up with a post like that. Poor show.

B.H.F.C
04-12-2020, 06:43 PM

Double figure for both goals and assists last season isn’t guff.

Would be huge if we could get him back in the second half of the season.

superfurryhibby
04-12-2020, 06:50 PM
It's great to see him back but you feel the need to come up with a post like that. Poor show.

Yep, pretty shoddy really.

Good news for Allan and Hibs.

Nicho87
04-12-2020, 07:35 PM
All the best scott

FilipinoHibs
04-12-2020, 07:42 PM
Great news for Scott and Hibs that he is on the road back to playing again.

Crab apple
04-12-2020, 07:59 PM
Good news. When fully fit Scott Allan is a special player.

we are hibs
04-12-2020, 08:08 PM

10 goals and 11 assists last season with the season cut short by 2 months. Not to mention the fact we play infinitely better football when hes on the park.

"Guff"

147lothian
04-12-2020, 08:24 PM
Even having SA back for the last 5 minutes could make all the difference imo

1875Sean
04-12-2020, 08:27 PM
Can’t wait to get him back in the side ... and then further debate on where he fits in, what formations etc

supermcginn
04-12-2020, 08:27 PM

If you think he's been guff it doesn't say much for the rest of them the last 18 months, just look at the stats. Absolute quality player.

BILLYHIBS
04-12-2020, 08:38 PM
Welcome back Scott

Take your time

Your health comes first

whiskyhibby
04-12-2020, 08:46 PM
Fantastic news missing his creativity in the final 3rd

allezsauzee
04-12-2020, 08:59 PM

everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is utter nonsense

Andy74
04-12-2020, 09:26 PM
Great news for Scott and Hibs that he is on the road back to playing again.

We don’t know that.

JimBHibees
04-12-2020, 09:29 PM

:rolleyes: scored loads of goals and assists last season

Seveno
04-12-2020, 09:39 PM
That is tremendous for Scott. I hope, for his sake, that he makes a full recovery.

Of secondary importance, it will be great to have him back in the team and playing at his best. I hope everyone will give him time.

gbhibby
04-12-2020, 09:56 PM
Great news. I think the club deserves some credit in their handling of the situation with Scott.

HendoDelivered
04-12-2020, 10:12 PM

Clueless

MWHIBBIES
04-12-2020, 11:09 PM
Without him and Doidge last season we'd be a championship side. Laughable to call him guff.

Jim44
04-12-2020, 11:12 PM

Cancel the 0 in your user name and replace it with another 6.

Key West
04-12-2020, 11:23 PM
Would be like a new signing.

Centre Hawf
05-12-2020, 12:35 AM

Ignoring the fact that it's entirely wrong that he's been guff since returning since many have shown you why. Do you not also think it's just plain wrong and disrespectful to post something like this given the (albeit unconfirmed and hopefully untrue) rumours we've all heard about him in the last few months?

HH81
05-12-2020, 04:18 AM
Good news. Hope he pushes on and gets back in the team soon.

FilipinoHibs
05-12-2020, 05:04 AM
We don’t know that.

I don't think he would be doing weights and light training with the team if there was not some path or hope of him playing again. Unless Hibs are just providing facilities to keep him fit. But don't think Scott would be posting pictures on social media if that was the case. Nobody despite all the speculation knows what his health issues are. Maybe it is related to his diabetes and Covid 19. The arrival of a vaccine approved in the UK may be the game changer. But who knows.

Kaff
05-12-2020, 09:03 AM
At first this thread should just be a show of relief that Scott is healthy enough to be back in physical training, there were certainly worries this wouldn't be possible, it's a great feel good story.
Next step will be Jack announcing he's stepping up that training level and he's making himself available for selection, imo that's when the chat about standards and how good or not he is should be made.
Great to see him back and the photo I saw was of him looking pretty knackered so, whatever the level of activity he's capable of, he had obviously pushed himself within that.
Really pleased for him and hope he gets back to full fitness asap, whether that involves playing for Hibs or not, I bet it was a great feeling for him getting out there with his pals again

superfurryhibby
05-12-2020, 09:04 AM

Hadn’t seen a link to anything yet, I have now.

Here’s hoping that Allan recovers fitness and gets playing again in the not too distant future. He has creativity and goals, we don’t have anyone like him in our midfield.

JohnMcM
05-12-2020, 09:21 AM
Take your time Scott, get good and ready, Hibs will still be here when you get back.:greengrin

Andy74
05-12-2020, 09:26 AM
I don't think he would be doing weights and light training with the team if there was not some path or hope of him playing again. Unless Hibs are just providing facilities to keep him fit. But don't think Scott would be posting pictures on social media if that was the case. Nobody despite all the speculation knows what his health issues are. Maybe it is related to his diabetes and Covid 19. The arrival of a vaccine approved in the UK may be the game changer. But who knows.

None of us know the nature of why he isn’t playing so this really isn’t a sign of anything, unfortunately.

CMurdoch
05-12-2020, 11:56 AM
None of us know the nature of why he isn’t playing so this really isn’t a sign of anything, unfortunately.

I agree. Simply media click bait. People see what they want to see but I can't take anything from this other than Scott was training lightly with his employer.

B.H.F.C
05-12-2020, 12:11 PM
I agree. Simply media click bait. People see what they want to see but I can't take anything from this other than Scott was training lightly with his employer.

He was running with Kyle Magennis, fairly extensively going by the pictures.

I don’t think anyone is expecting him to be in the squad imminently but I don’t think people are just seeing what they want either. It’s a really positive development.

superfurryhibby
05-12-2020, 12:30 PM
This isn’t just a random story. Clearly Hibs wanted to inform the fans that Allan has resumed training. i think we can interpret that as a positive bit of news.

CMurdoch
05-12-2020, 12:46 PM
He was running with Kyle Magennis, fairly extensively going by the pictures.

I don’t think anyone is expecting him to be in the squad imminently but I don’t think people are just seeing what they want either. It’s a really positive development.

I can put a positive scenario together from the pictures in relation to his day to day health but not as a professional athlete.
How we interpret it depends on what each of us believe the underlying issue/reason for the layoff is.
Given we have agreed not to speculate in our posts I will spare you mine.

Phil MaGlass
06-12-2020, 08:39 AM
It will be his diabetes thats stopping him playing I would think. I have a colleague that has not been at work for 9months as he has been told to isolate by our health and safety.

Since452
06-12-2020, 09:58 AM
It will be his diabetes thats stopping him playing I would think. I have a colleague that has not been at work for 9months as he has been told to isolate by our health and safety.

Said that from the start when all the rediculous rumours were flying about

MWHIBBIES
06-12-2020, 10:50 AM
Said that from the start when all the rediculous rumours were flying about

The rumours are flying about because Hibs said he is out with an unknown issue. Why would they say that if it is his diabetes, which everyone knows about?

Peevemor
06-12-2020, 10:52 AM
Did Hibs ever say that?

Since452
06-12-2020, 10:55 AM
The rumours are flying about because Hibs said he is out with an unknown issue. Why would they say that if it is his diabetes, which everyone knows about?

Maybe Scott didn't want the club to say anything

rcarter1
06-12-2020, 02:45 PM
Awesome news for Scott and Awesome news for us. Absolutely delighted by this news! 😎👍

Phil MaGlass
06-12-2020, 03:48 PM

Data privacy, no one needs tae know except his doctor

Joe6-2
06-12-2020, 03:57 PM
Brilliant news, all the best Scotty

Robbo6-2
06-12-2020, 04:04 PM
He was very good last season.

Looked off it this season but obviously due to this health issue.

Will be a great if we can get him fit again.

Vault Boy
11-12-2020, 01:16 PM
Back in full training today according to Edinburgh Live. :thumbsup:

hhibs
11-12-2020, 01:21 PM

Great news !

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

lord bunberry
11-12-2020, 01:36 PM
Great news, I can’t wait to have him back playing again.

Jim44
11-12-2020, 01:54 PM
If Scott does get back to full fitness and is back playing matches, say in the new year, it will be like having a new, top class addition to the team.

B.H.F.C
11-12-2020, 02:06 PM
Getting Allan back for the second half of the season could be the difference between a good season and a very good season IMO.

JohnM1875
11-12-2020, 02:07 PM
😬😬🤤

wookie70
11-12-2020, 02:31 PM
If Scott does get back to full fitness and is back playing matches, say in the new year, it will be like having a new, top class addition to the team.

Only if he gets back to the sort of form he is capable of. He was a man short this season but the recent absence may explain that poor start. Hoping he has a quick return to full fitness as apart from the Rangers signing wobble he seems a great lad. I might not rate him anywhere near as much as most but he is a contender for a starting position when fit and the more of them we have the more options for the manager.

jeffers
11-12-2020, 02:36 PM
Very surprised, but absolutely delighted at this news. We’ve sorely missed him this season.

EVENTUALLY
11-12-2020, 02:51 PM

What a briliant Christmas Present for all Hibs supporters to see Scott back playing in a green and white jersey.

truehibernian
11-12-2020, 03:10 PM
What a briliant Christmas Present for all Hibs supporters to see Scott back playing in a green and white jersey.

I'm going against some of my recent posts about no place for sentiment, but just having Scott around the club, in a playing capacity or otherwise, is brilliant. If he returns playing, superb - if not, I'd hope he would be kept on in a coaching capacity. I think the club has grown on him a bit like Ivan. Fans connect with him and he connects with the fans in equal measure. I also think that technically gifted players make really good coaches and see things in games others don't.

Wonderful footballer on his day :aok:

The 90+2
11-12-2020, 03:25 PM
Welcome back Scotty.

Hibs90
11-12-2020, 03:27 PM
Delighted. Hopefully he can get up to speed and playing the through balls we know he can

JohnMcM
11-12-2020, 04:20 PM
As much as we would like to see him back - and to put a dampener on things - the article in the EEN says "back to light training".

CMurdoch
11-12-2020, 04:40 PM

Not quite.
It reads as follows
Scott Allan has stepped up his return to full training for Hibernian as the playmaker raises hopes of a comeback for the Easter Road side.

Trained with the squad today which is good but doesn't necessarily mean full training.
It's encouraging news but we need to get an update from an official club source before we can be sure of anything.

Brooster
11-12-2020, 11:16 PM
Not quite.
It reads as follows
Scott Allan has stepped up his return to full training for Hibernian as the playmaker raises hopes of a comeback for the Easter Road side.

Trained with the squad today which is good but doesn't necessarily mean full training.
It's encouraging news but we need to get an update from an official club source before we can be sure of anything.

Scotty hoping to be back playing by February.

Nevi_SOL
12-12-2020, 12:42 AM
This isn’t only good news for us fans but for Scott as well. Glad to see he is getting back to full health which is the most important thing.

Vault Boy
12-12-2020, 12:57 AM
Not quite.
It reads as follows

Their headline is a bit ambiguous I suppose. I did read the article, but took it to mean an affirmation of their headline claim.

'Now the Hibs playmaker has stepped up his recovery as he took part in Friday's full squad session at East Mains.'

Is how they described it. Full training in their headline could mean first team training I suppose, but it's rather sneaky if so.

Good news either way, as you say!

CMurdoch
12-12-2020, 01:34 AM
Their headline is a bit ambiguous I suppose. I did read the article, but took it to mean an affirmation of their headline claim.

'Now the Hibs playmaker has stepped up his recovery as he took part in Friday's full squad session at East Mains.'

Is how they described it. Full training in their headline could mean first team training I suppose, but it's rather sneaky if so.

Good news either way, as you say!

Looks like we have the official word now Vault Boy!
Jack Ross says Scott will be back training permanently with the main group from Monday.
Game on :wink:.

Vault Boy
12-12-2020, 01:38 AM
Looks like we have the official word now Vault Boy!
Jack Ross says Scott will be back training permanently with the main group from Monday.
Game on :wink:.

Brilliant news. 👏

flash
12-12-2020, 06:23 AM
Scotty hoping to be back playing by February.

That would be amazing to have him back. Just in time for the League Cup final, our Scottish Cup run and the battle for 2nd place!

jeffers
12-12-2020, 06:26 AM
That would be amazing to have him back. Just in time for the League Cup final, our Scottish Cup run and the battle for 2nd place!

You forgot to add his call up to the national squad and him playing a trademark defence splitting pass to SJM to score the winner against England.

FilipinoHibs
12-12-2020, 06:59 AM
Great news. Lovely guy and a huge boost for Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2020, 08:40 AM
This is fantastic news, why was he not playing, I missed the reason why? 😁

Jim44
12-12-2020, 08:42 AM

Don’t start that again. :greengrin Just content yourself that he just might have turned the corner.

Sir David Gray
12-12-2020, 09:00 AM
Great news.

Eyrie
12-12-2020, 09:29 AM

He attempted to cut his own hair during lockdown and the result was so bad that he decided to self-isolate out of embarrassment. It's only just grown back.

You do realise I'll get banned for telling you?

CMurdoch
12-12-2020, 11:46 AM
He attempted to cut his own hair during lockdown and the result was so bad that he decided to self-isolate out of embarrassment. It's only just grown back.

You do realise I'll get banned for telling you?

:greengrin