PDA

View Full Version : Dundee United without nine players for games against Livingston and Rangers

Diclonius
04-12-2020, 11:52 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55171011

This is ridiculous. The games should be postponed.

The 90+2
04-12-2020, 11:57 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55171011

This is ridiculous. The games should be postponed.

They will get 0-3 losses. What’s the point?

Andy74
04-12-2020, 11:58 AM
This season is all about surviving as best you can.

Lots of twists and turns to go yet.

Since90+2
04-12-2020, 12:00 PM
And back nice and fresh for their next game which is against us.

Smartie
04-12-2020, 12:01 PM
Do we all agree that Rangers would be forced to play if they had 9 players and their entire coaching staff missing?

Or would "common sense prevail" under those circumstances?

Moulin Yarns
04-12-2020, 12:02 PM
I wonder if clubs will try and play youngsters to avoid the st mirren and Kilmarnock situation?

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 12:02 PM
They will get 0-3 losses. What’s the point?

Don't be silly.

If you have 13 fit players (I think) the match goes on.

If you don't and it's not the club's fault, the match will be postponed.

If it is found to be the club's fault, they'll forfeit the game and will thus "lose" 3-0.

It's really not that complicated.

EI255
04-12-2020, 12:06 PM
They will get 0-3 losses. What’s the point?100%. That bar was set yesterday.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 12:07 PM
100%. That bar was set yesterday.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk100% it wasn't.

thebakerboy
04-12-2020, 12:09 PM
That may be so but in the EPL games are postponed in those circumstances , can the SPFL not come into the 21st century soon.

The 90+2
04-12-2020, 12:15 PM
Don't be silly.

If you have 13 fit players (I think) the match goes on.

If you don't and it's not the club's fault, the match will be postponed.

If it is found to be the club's fault, they'll forfeit the game and will thus "lose" 3-0.

It's really not that complicated.

Aye,right you are. 🤣

Keith_M
04-12-2020, 12:20 PM
Surely this is good news for Hibs?

:dunno:

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 12:21 PM
Aye,right you are. [emoji1787]Maybe it is too complicated for you?

The 90+2
04-12-2020, 12:26 PM
Maybe it is too complicated for you?

No it’s not. Teams will simply make youth players available to make the quota after yesterday. No need to act like a tit either.

CropleyWasGod
04-12-2020, 12:27 PM
No it’s not. Teams will simply make youth players available to make the quota after yesterday. No need to act like a tit either.

Or.... maybe.... forfeit the game and take a 0-3 rather than a 0-12 by fielding a crap team :greengrin

The 90+2
04-12-2020, 12:28 PM
Or.... maybe.... forfeit the game and take a 0-3 rather than a 0-12 by fielding a crap team :greengrin

Fair point, aye 😎

CropleyWasGod
04-12-2020, 12:28 PM
This season is all about surviving as best you can.

Lots of twists and turns to go yet.

Maybe the SPFL should just say "hang on in there guys. There's no relegation this season. So just get through it....."

:cb

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 12:37 PM
No it’s not. Teams will simply make youth players available to make the quota after yesterday. No need to act like a tit either.I didn't start it.

The 90+2
04-12-2020, 12:40 PM
I didn't start it.

👍

Smartie
04-12-2020, 12:42 PM
Surely this is good news for Hibs?

:dunno:

Yeah.

Seems a bit unfair though, no?

davhibby
04-12-2020, 12:44 PM

Neither St Mirren or Killie would have been able to do that. St Mirren had something like 8 available players and 3 of them were goalies. It’s worth noting that none of these United players actually have the virus, they’re just isolating

superfurryhibby
04-12-2020, 12:50 PM
Maybe the SPFL should just say "hang on in there guys. There's no relegation this season. So just get through it....."

Sounds fair to me.

lucky
04-12-2020, 12:51 PM
More details needs released about St Mirren and Kilmarnock’s behaviour before judging. As for United they need to get on with it like everyone else

The 90+2
04-12-2020, 12:52 PM
Neither St Mirren or Killie would have been able to do that. St Mirren had something like 8 available players and 3 of them were goalies. It’s worth noting that none of these United players actually have the virus, they’re just isolating

They couldn’t play youngsters? St Mirren also had no goalies available against us. There is ways, and after what happened yesterday no club will risk getting a game postponed.

jacomo
04-12-2020, 12:53 PM
More details needs released about St Mirren and Kilmarnock’s behaviour before judging. As for United they need to get on with it like everyone else

Like everyone else except Celtc and Aberdeen, who were allowed to postpone games earlier in the season when they had their own issues with players.

PatHead
04-12-2020, 12:53 PM

But are they isolating because they didn't follow the rules. If so,Dundee United should be docked points with the game played at a later date. That ship has sailed though with yesterday's decisions.

Del Boy
04-12-2020, 01:09 PM

They are, to be fair. Released a statement saying they are preparing for tomorrow’s game.

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 01:09 PM
More details needs released about St Mirren and Kilmarnock’s behaviour before judging. As for United they need to get on with it like everyone elseIs there not enough here?

https://spfl.co.uk/news/kilmarnock-fc-and-st-mirren-fc-disciplinary-outc

Alfred E Newman
04-12-2020, 01:12 PM

Or promotion.:greengrin

Moulin Yarns
04-12-2020, 01:25 PM

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/files/shares/Decision%20of%20the%20Tribunal%20-%20St%20Mirren%20FC.pdf

Diclonius
04-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Yeah.

Seems a bit unfair though, no?

That's where I stand on it.

mal
04-12-2020, 01:38 PM
Like everyone else except Celtc and Aberdeen, who were allowed to postpone games earlier in the season when they had their own issues with players.

They were obliged to postpone by the Scottish government so it's not the same circumstances. I'm sure that Celtic would have preferred their game to go ahead. That the SPFL didn't deal properly with the Aberdeen players is another matter.

Ronniekirk
04-12-2020, 02:12 PM
After the festive period could be carnage as different bubbles mix players will like the test of us want to see family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moulin Yarns
04-12-2020, 04:46 PM
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1789021/dundee-united-leaked-team-photo-covid-19-rules/

Eejits

Since452
04-12-2020, 04:58 PM
Hope they get pumped. Closing the gap a bit.

The Baldmans Comb
04-12-2020, 05:00 PM
Its actually just breathtaking what football players and clubs think they can get away with.

The Celtc player off for a 2 day jolly to Spain or the Aberdeen players having a night on the sauce set the standard.

Now we the find out that Kilmarnock don't pay much attention to the regulations and St Mirren don't even bother trying.

Dundee Utd weren't to be outdone though and line up the whole team and backroom staff for a team photo published to the world in clear breach of the 2 metre rule and it just goes without saying that there will be many more regulations they aren't following.

The Scottish government can't possibly let fans back in the stadium in any great numbers as there are so many clubs out there who are just not capable of following any guidelines as self entitlement just runs through the bones of Scottish football.

Sir David Gray
04-12-2020, 06:03 PM
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1789021/dundee-united-leaked-team-photo-covid-19-rules/

Eejits

That will be Livingston and Rangers awarded 3-0 wins then.

Since452
04-12-2020, 06:23 PM
Its actually just breathtaking what football players and clubs think they can get away with.

The Celtc player off for a 2 day jolly to Spain or the Aberdeen players having a night on the sauce set the standard.

Now we the find out that Kilmarnock don't pay much attention to the regulations and St Mirren don't even bother trying.

Dundee Utd weren't to be outdone though and line up the whole team and backroom staff for a team photo published to the world in clear breach of the 2 metre rule and it just goes without saying that there will be many more regulations they aren't following.

The Scottish government can't possibly let fans back in the stadium in any great numbers as there are so many clubs out there who are just not capable of following any guidelines as self entitlement just runs through the bones of Scottish football.

Unfortunately it isn't just football clubs. I have friends (don't know if I'd call them that now) who haven't been bothering about any of the restrictions from the start. Sad reflection of the world we live in.

southern hibby
04-12-2020, 06:38 PM
Can we really blame the teams for what happening when we have the SPFL allowing Celtic to go on a jolly to Dubai? If Celtic come back and we end up with COVID are we going to be penalised because of allowing Celtic’s jolly?

We have a severe lack of leadership in this country and what seems to happen is that smaller teams get hammered and the big two get away with a lot more. Are our rule makers scared too single out these two because of fans or is it because they are scared they upset their
bosses and get their fingers rapped.

It’s allowed to happen because the rest can’t get their sh t together and sort it out. The media allow it to happen too because they’re scared of not being in bed with the biggest two. country needs a complete overhaul and we need to do it soon for the sake of our football.

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
04-12-2020, 07:25 PM
That will be Livingston and Rangers awarded 3-0 wins then.

Not if the games go ahead

Sir David Gray
04-12-2020, 08:19 PM
Not if the games go ahead

True.

Moulin Yarns
05-12-2020, 11:55 AM
Right, St Mirren and Kilmarnock have had games awarded against them by 3-0 because of Covid protocol breaches and the games were postponed.

Dundee Utd have also breached the Covid protocols but have not had any games postponed, what punishment will the SPFL give them?

This is exactly why points deductions is more workable and fairer on all other clubs.

The table would look different but no team would have benefitted from the actions of others.

Rangers 41
Celtc 30
Aberdeen 27
Hibernian 26
Dundee Utd 20
St Johnstone 16
Motherwell 15
Kilmarnock 14
Ross County 13
Livingstone 12
Hamilton 8
St Mirren 5

Del Boy
05-12-2020, 12:06 PM
Imagine Utd will get a fine. They’ll probably lose to Livingston and Rangers anyway as they have 9 players isolating.

Moulin Yarns
05-12-2020, 12:23 PM
Imagine Utd will get a fine. They’ll probably lose to Livingston and Rangers anyway as they have 9 players isolating.

So, the consistent punishment of fine, and 3-0 losses is out the window already.

Moulin Yarns
05-12-2020, 12:30 PM
Jason Leitch take on the photo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55199920

The outcome is up to the football authorities. I was, to say the least, a little surprised to see 49 people in a non-distanced club photograph. That didn't seem to me to be an essential part of the return of Scottish football in a safe and considered way. It's not something that fits in with the guidelines

Keith_M
05-12-2020, 12:48 PM
Just to clarify the rule:

A 3-0 win is being awarded to the opposition when a club is unable to fulfil a fixture AND the subsequent SPFL investigation has deemed that said club has broken the Covid rules.

If Dundee Utd have enough players to fulfil the fixture (even if it's reserves and kids), then the game goes ahead, i.e. no need to award a win to the opposition.

G B Young
05-12-2020, 12:51 PM

Eejits

Pics now emerging of Celtic staging a similar squad photo. You kind of despair at such idiocy.

Keith_M
05-12-2020, 12:52 PM
Pics now emerging of Celtic staging a similar squad photo. You kind of despair at such idiocy.

:agree:

Smartie
05-12-2020, 12:53 PM
I think what they need to do to get this under control is to have a covidiot hot potato competition.

Aberdeen made a strong start with their early season exploits - they received the hot potato. It has since been passed on to Celtic, appears to have gone through Hamilton, Killie and others.

At the moment it is hard to argue that the hot potato doesn’t reside at Tannadice, although the Celtic team photo in the article linked above is interesting.

As each club (or player) blunders, the potato moves on.

At the end of this season there should be an automatic relegation place for the team left holding the potato at the end of the season.

This has 2 main aims - primarily to get clubs and players to get a much needed grip of themselves and start behaving appropriately. Secondly, it should give us a much needed laugh when, at the final hurdle, Rangers find themselves in possession of the potato after some of exuberant title winning celebrations, and an unfortunate relegation follows.

cabbageandribs1875
05-12-2020, 01:06 PM

Eejits

the "most idiotic club in scottish football award" goes to........

cabbageandribs1875
05-12-2020, 01:08 PM
Right, St Mirren and Kilmarnock have had games awarded against them by 3-0 because of Covid protocol breaches and the games were postponed.

Dundee Utd have also breached the Covid protocols but have not had any games postponed, what punishment will the SPFL give them?

This is exactly why points deductions is more workable and fairer on all other clubs.

The table would look different but no team would have benefitted from the actions of others.

Rangers 41
Celtc 30
Aberdeen 27
Hibernian 26
Dundee Utd 20
St Johnstone 16
Motherwell 15
Kilmarnock 14
Ross County 13
Livingstone 12
Hamilton 8
St Mirren 5

Livingston pick up extra points for the wrong spelling

The Baldmans Comb
05-12-2020, 01:22 PM

Its Scottish football at its finest as there are many clubs and players who don't give a flip.

There are around 50 people in these photographs and no one seems to think they are doing anything wrong and that's the mindset of self entitlement that just goes through Scottish football from top to bottom.

St Mirren and Kilmarnock were great value as they admitted all the breaches but didnt seem to think they should be punished.

The Kilmarnock manager was just on the radio saying there were "no guidelines" and it was all disgraceful that they were punished. Breathtaking garbage.

You would be taking your life in your hands to go back to a Scottish football ground if you are in any way vulnerable as you can have no confidence covid regulations will be followed.

Billy Whizz
05-12-2020, 01:44 PM
Quite a strong Dundee Utd team, most of their regular players are Covid free

Moulin Yarns
05-12-2020, 01:45 PM

I think the Celtc team photo was actually taken at the beginning of the season and it's promoting the calendar, but it still breaches what the clubs were told to do.

erin go bragh
05-12-2020, 01:59 PM
Quite a strong Dundee Utd team, most of their regular players are Covid free

Bloody typical as I’ve put Livi in my coupon at 4-6 😉

Moulin Yarns
05-12-2020, 02:03 PM
Livingston pick up extra points for the wrong spelling

I was rushing to be fair :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
05-12-2020, 02:05 PM
I was rushing to be fair :wink:

excuses excuses

Moulin Yarns
05-12-2020, 02:21 PM
excuses excuses

I had to deal with my tear and share Brioch for tonights nibbles, now rising in the kitchen hopefully :greengrin