PDA

View Full Version : St Mirren and Killie

hibbysam
03-12-2020, 01:21 PM
Both lose their matches 3-0 due to breaches in travelling, lunches and at the training ground. Whilst correct, it should’ve been the case from the very start, whether it was due to clubs or players not following the protocols.

The 90+2
03-12-2020, 01:22 PM
Both lose their matches 3-0 due to breaches in travelling, lunches and at the training ground. Whilst correct, it should’ve been the case from the very start, whether it was due to clubs or players not following the protocols.

What games?

calumhibee1
03-12-2020, 01:22 PM
Yet Aberdeen and Celtic got away with it. What a farce.

Motherwell now 5 behind us due to being given 3 points whilst Aberdeen are ahead of us due to not having to give up the points.

Keith_M
03-12-2020, 01:23 PM
While Aberdeen get off scot free.

hibbysam
03-12-2020, 01:25 PM
What games?

Killie 0-3 Motherwell, St mirren 0-3 Hamilton and Motherwell.

Motherwell 6 points and 6 goals better off as a result 😂

SaulGoodman
03-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Mental, Motherwell get 6 points and a +6gd without kicking a ball.

Heisenberg
03-12-2020, 01:26 PM

Now only 5 behind us too. Seems harsh on Killie and St Mirren when Aberdeen/Celtc got off without any punishment.

Magpie
03-12-2020, 01:28 PM
Yet Aberdeen and Celtic got away with it. What a farce.

Motherwell now 5 behind us due to being given 3 points whilst Aberdeen are ahead of us due to not having to give up the points.

Two Rangers players given 7 game bans too. Aberdeen and Celtic players given three match suspended ban.

The 90+2
03-12-2020, 01:29 PM

**** sake that’s bad news.

Keith_M
03-12-2020, 01:30 PM
Wow, Motherwell just went up from 9th to 5th, without playing a single game.

weecounty hibby
03-12-2020, 01:30 PM
That is a farce and clubs who haven't even been involved are being punished or rewarded. And clubs like Aberdeen and Celtic have gotten away without punishment. And for Motherwell to be +6 points and goals, just astonishing

Billy Whizz
03-12-2020, 01:34 PM
Can they appeal this?

The 90+2
03-12-2020, 01:35 PM
Can they appeal this?

You would hope so on the grounds of Aberdeen and Celtic got away with it with a couple of bams.

The 90+2
03-12-2020, 01:35 PM
You would hope so on the grounds of Aberdeen and Celtic got away with it with a couple of bams.

I would edit that but seems applicable.

brog
03-12-2020, 01:36 PM
Can they appeal this?

I would expect them to appeal or even go to court.

calumhibee1
03-12-2020, 01:36 PM
They should take points off Celtic and Aberdeen.

Imagine the rage from Celtic :greengrin I think we all know why they didn’t.

Diclonius
03-12-2020, 01:37 PM
Guarantee this will not happen when Celtic and/or Rangers inevitably break the rules.

Aberdeen won't do a single thing wrong the rest of the season either.

hibbysam
03-12-2020, 01:39 PM
They could appeal, but I’d imagine the fact that they admitted the charges won’t stand them in good light if they did. Secondly, the SPFL will play the ‘St mirren and Killie as clubs breached rules, whereas Aberdeen and Celtic players did, not the club’ which is farcical. Even worse they still haven’t even played the game that was postponed.

calumhibee1
03-12-2020, 01:41 PM
They could appeal, but I’d imagine the fact that they admitted the charges won’t stand them in good light if they did. Secondly, the SPFL will play the ‘St mirren and Killie as clubs breached rules, whereas Aberdeen and Celtic players did, not the club’ which is farcical. Even worse they still haven’t even played the game that was postponed.

Even more reason they should have to give up the points in they game(s) if they’re still not played.

davhibby
03-12-2020, 01:43 PM
Are folk seriously not getting that both clubs admitted to breaking rules and can’t see the difference to the Aberdeen/Celtic/Rangers situations where players have broken rules outside of the club environment?

A good excuse for people to get annoyed about nothing.

The 90+2
03-12-2020, 01:44 PM
Are folk seriously not getting that both clubs admitted to breaking rules and can’t see the difference to the Aberdeen/Celtic/Rangers situations where players have broken rules outside of the club environment?

So players of clubs are allowed to break the rules but clubs breaking protocol aren’t?

calumhibee1
03-12-2020, 01:45 PM

No. Can definitely see the difference. Don’t see why the punishment should be different though. The players are representatives of the club. If they do wrong to the extent it stops their club being able to fulfill a fixture on the scheduled date then they should be punished the same.

The 90+2
03-12-2020, 01:46 PM
No. Can definitely see the difference. Don’t see why the punishment should be different though. The players are representatives of the club. If they do wrong to the extent it stops their club being able to fulfill a fixture on the scheduled date then they should be punished the same.

Correct.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2020, 01:46 PM
Brings Hamilton back into touch
Now joint bottom with St Mirren, and only 2 points behind Ross County on 4th bottom

Peevemor
03-12-2020, 01:49 PM

I agree.

Club breaks the rules - club gets punished.
Player breaks the rules - player gets punished.

davhibby
03-12-2020, 01:52 PM
So players of clubs are allowed to break the rules but clubs breaking protocol aren’t?

The players weren’t “allowed” though were they? The 2 Rangers players for example got 8 match bans the other week. No way would there be so much moaning on here about this if it wasn’t Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen players that had broken the rules but say Livi and Accies players.

The 90+2
03-12-2020, 01:52 PM
I agree.

Club breaks the rules - club gets punished.
Player breaks the rules - player gets punished.

Is that not like saying if a player gets sent off he should be fined and not suspended as that punishes the club?

The 90+2
03-12-2020, 01:53 PM
The players weren’t “allowed” though were they? The 2 Rangers players for example got 8 match bans the other week. No way would there be so much moaning on here about this if it wasn’t Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen players that had broken the rules but say Livi and Accies players.

Aberdeen couldn’t play their game and it got postponed, didn’t it? Why should that game not be conceded?

Peevemor
03-12-2020, 01:54 PM
Is that not like saying if a player gets sent off he should be fined and not suspended as that punishes the club?

No, especially since he would have been sent off while playing for the club in question - not in his spare time.

davhibby
03-12-2020, 01:55 PM
Aberdeen couldn’t play their game and it got postponed, didn’t it? Why should that game not be conceded?

Aberdeen and Celtic were both stopped from playing by the government. Not because they were unable to field a team

JGS56
03-12-2020, 01:55 PM
Wow, Motherwell just went up from 9th to 5th, without playing a single game.

You have to remember, that Motherwell had 2 games in hand and Hamilton had 1 game in hand. So they have been awarded wins that they may have achieved anyway. No results have been reversed.

The 90+2
03-12-2020, 01:57 PM
Aberdeen and Celtic were both stopped from playing by the government. Not because they were unable to field a team

They had about five players that broke the rules meaning they were unable to play. That’s about as bad as it gets. Yet they get away fine.

Peevemor
03-12-2020, 02:00 PM
They had about five players that broke the rules meaning they were unable to play. That’s about as bad as it gets. Yet they get away fine.

The club didn't tell them to break the rules. You can't dock points for something a player (or group of players) does in his spare time.

matty_f
03-12-2020, 02:02 PM
The club didn't tell them to break the rules. You can't dock points for something a player (or groupe of players) does in his spare time.

I'm with you on this one. I think if the club does what it can to ensure that the players follow protocols and have everything in place to be as covid-secure as they possibly can, then they shouldn't be punished.

Where a club has been negligent with it, then that's a different story, if there are systematic failings then it's appropriate to punish the clubs.

Chorley Hibee
03-12-2020, 02:11 PM
Don't see the logic in sides profiting from this.

By all means deduct points from Killie and St Mirren for breaches, but awarding Motherwell 6pts and +6 goal difference for nothing is a farce.

Could cost another team Europe/relegation etc come the end of the season. These games should be rescheduled to retain the integrity of the league.

Sir David Gray
03-12-2020, 02:15 PM
Both breaches involved seating arrangements on the coach and a pre-match meal where social distancing wasn't observed by players and staff but once they're out on the pitch they're all kissing and hugging each other at goal celebrations and and grappling with each other at corners etc. Does Covid take 90 minutes off during a game?

Seems a bit daft to enforce distancing on a coach journey and a meal but then let it go out the window for an hour and a half to let them play a game of football.

Peevemor
03-12-2020, 02:19 PM
Don't see the logic in sides profiting from this.

By all means deduct points from Killie and St Mirren for breaches, but awarding Motherwell 6pts and +6 goal difference for nothing is a farce.

Could cost another team Europe/relegation etc come the end of the season. These games should be rescheduled to retain the integrity of the league.

Because the sides have been denied the opportunity to win 3 points. Motherwell have certainly done very well out of it but that's not their fault.

The 3-0 result/punishment has been standard for years and wee were all spitting feathers on here when it wasn't applied when Hearts fielded an unregistered player against Cove Rangers a couple of years ago and were only docked 2 points out of the 3 that they won during the match.

We can't have it all ways.

Peevemor
03-12-2020, 02:20 PM
Both breaches involved seating arrangements on the coach and a pre-match meal where social distancing wasn't observed by players and staff but once they're out on the pitch they're all kissing and hugging each other at goal celebrations and and grappling with each other at corners etc. Does Covid take 90 minutes off during a game?

Seems a bit daft to enforce distancing on a coach journey and a meal but then let it go out the window for an hour and a half to let them play a game of football.

Seems strange to me too.

nonshinyfinish
03-12-2020, 02:25 PM

I think the point is to minimise the risk by controlling the things that you can control. It's not possible to play football without physical contact, but it is possible to spread people out on a bus. You can argue about whether the punishment is harsh or not, but the principle makes sense to me.

(Celebrating goals is something else again – when the first leagues started back playing, there was a big thing about telling players not to hug each other in celebration and early examples of players conscientiously celebrating separately, but it seemed to be given up on pretty fast.)

davhibby
03-12-2020, 02:29 PM

Well clearly these things do make a difference since both of these clubs ended up with loads of cases and nobody else has had that happen in the 4 months the season has been going on for

Sir David Gray
03-12-2020, 02:30 PM
I think the point is to minimise the risk by controlling the things that you can control. It's not possible to play football without physical contact, but it is possible to spread people out on a bus. You can argue about whether the punishment is harsh or not, but the principle makes sense to me.

(Celebrating goals is something else again – when the first leagues started back playing, there was a big thing about telling players not to hug each other in celebration and early examples of players conscientiously celebrating separately, but it seemed to be given up on pretty fast.)

I understand the point about minimising risk but when the same players who are banned from sitting together on a coach journey are then jumping all over each other to celebrate a goal, I just don't see the point to be honest.

Isn't that the purpose of regular testing at Premiership clubs?

Chorley Hibee
03-12-2020, 02:32 PM
Because the sides have been denied the opportunity to win 3 points. Motherwell have certainly done very well out of it but that's not their fault.

The 3-0 result/punishment has been standard for years and wee were all spitting feathers on here when it wasn't applied when Hearts fielded an unregistered player against Cove Rangers a couple of years ago and were only docked 2 points out of the 3 that they won during the match.

These games never took place though (unlike the Hearts game) and this is a completely different matter from a player being unregistered.

I may be wrong, but I'm sure the rules you refer to only apply to cup competition, as the team involved in the breach would be the only one disadvantaged.

In this scenario, all teams in direct competition with Motherwell and Hamilton have potentially been disadvantaged.

If we lose out on Europe by a point/goal difference come the end of the season, then I cannot see how the integrity of the league has been retained.

Punish Killie and St Mirren, not potentially everyone else bar Motherwell and Hamilton.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2020, 02:33 PM
These games never took place though (unlike the Hearts game) and this is a completely different matter from a player being unregistered.

I may be wrong, but I'm sure the rules you refer to only apply to cup competition, as the team involved in the breach would be the only one disadvantaged.

In this scenario, all teams in direct competition with Motherwell and Hamilton have potentially been disadvantaged.

If we lose out on Europe by a point/goal difference come the end of the season, then I cannot see how the integrity of the league has been retained.

Punish Killie and St Mirren, not potentially everyone else bar Motherwell and Hamilton.
That would be unfair on Motherwell or Hamilton, as they could have won these games

Chorley Hibee
03-12-2020, 02:34 PM
That would be unfair on Motherwell or Hamilton, as they could have won these games

The games should be rescheduled and played. Let them win the points on the pitch.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2020, 02:36 PM
The games should be rescheduled and played. Let them win the points on the pitch.

Can’t disagree with that, but how how do you punish the offending clubs, points deduction?

nonshinyfinish
03-12-2020, 02:38 PM
I understand the point about minimising risk but when the same players who are banned from sitting together on a coach journey are then jumping all over each other to celebrate a goal, I just don't see the point to be honest.

Isn't that the purpose of regular testing at Premiership clubs?

The goal celebration thing definitely muddies the water, as it's obviously unnecessary, but perhaps it's been deemed impractical to stop players doing it. Given that transmission risk is generally a function of distance and time of contact, I imagine there's also an argument that sitting next to someone on a bus for an hour is significantly worse than hugging them for a few seconds.

Chorley Hibee
03-12-2020, 02:39 PM
Can’t disagree with that, but how how do you punish the offending clubs, points deduction?

As I said, deduct points from the offenders - that's a fair and proportionate response. Awarding Motherwell 6pts (that could be the difference between us making Europe or not) isn't.

Peevemor
03-12-2020, 02:40 PM

That's your opinion.

The powers that be want to avoid a potentially huge backlog of fixtures.

CropleyWasGod
03-12-2020, 02:41 PM
As I said, deduct points from the offenders - that's a fair and proportionate response. Awarding Motherwell 6pts (that could be the difference between us making Europe or not) isn't.

Not giving Motherwell the chance to gain those points is unfair on them, no?

Peevemor
03-12-2020, 02:41 PM

So you're punishing Motherwell too even though they've done nothing wrong.

Oscar T Grouch
03-12-2020, 02:42 PM

Part of the issue this season is the lack of spare days to play games like this. If they squeeze these in for replay they'd need to squeeze all games in which is an impossibility. You never know Hibs might benefit from rule breaches by other clubs. Motherwell faced disruption due to no fault of their own more than any other team this season, awarding them 3-0 wins for the games isn't too bad a solution. It could end up farcical if it comes down to goal difference for league position this season.

Jones28

The clubs should be and are being punished as a whole for breaking rules; the players were punished individually for breaking rules.

Makes sense to me.

GreenPJ

Is that not the point - they could have won, or they could have drawn or they could have lost. Rather than give them the benefit of something that may or may not have happened reduce down the penalised club by 3 points likely still have the impact of Motherwell going up places in the league but not to allow them to get closer to clubs without playing a match?

danhibees1875
03-12-2020, 02:43 PM

Presumably you can add daily changing and training to that also in terms of times they're in close proximity.

Perhaps just my ignorance of what clubs were having to do right now but I thought the whole "testing bubble" thing extended as far as bus rides and canteens.

I'm also surprised Aberdeen haven't found a way to benefit from this yet.

Chorley Hibee
03-12-2020, 02:44 PM

I've repeatedly said that the games should be rescheduled and played (as countless games are every season). That's not a punishment, it's retaining the integrity of the league for all clubs involved.

If Motherwell win both games then they deserve six points, at the moment they don't.

GreenPJ
03-12-2020, 02:44 PM
Not giving Motherwell the chance to gain those points is unfair on them, no?

IS this not akin to the whole Hearts argument - because you didn't get to play the games they didn't know what the outcome would be but in this scenario they seem to give the benefit to a team even although they didn't play?

Jones28
03-12-2020, 02:45 PM

You could spin another way and say they've gained 6 points and 6 goals for doing nothing? Should they be rewarded as a result?

I get giving them the points but 3 goals a game is OTT.

jgl07
03-12-2020, 02:49 PM
That's your opinion.

There is hardly a huge backlog of fixtures? Only Sevco and Celtic are still in Europe, the latter for only one more week! Certainly when compared to the EPL. City and United missed the first round of fixtures due to participation in European competition from last season and have not had a spare mid-week slot available to play that match. This will not happen before January/February.

I think that the games should be played with points deductions being given for those deemed responsible for the original postponement.

calumhibee1
03-12-2020, 02:52 PM
I've repeatedly said that the games should be rescheduled and played (as countless games are every season). That's not a punishment, it's retaining the integrity of the league for all clubs involved.

If Motherwell win both games then they deserve six points, at the moment they don't.

I’m actually getting sick of reading you say it you’ve said it that often so I don’t know how people are still asking you the same question :greengrin

Chorley Hibee
03-12-2020, 02:53 PM
I’m actually getting sick of reading you say it you’ve said it that often so I don’t know how people are still asking you the same question :greengrin

Thank god, I thought it was just me. 🤣

Peevemor
03-12-2020, 02:54 PM
You could spin another way and say they've gained 6 points and 6 goals for doing nothing? Should they be rewarded as a result?

I get giving them the points but 3 goals a game is OTT.

There is hardly a huge backlog of fixtures? Only Sevco and Celtic are still in Europe, the latter for only one more week! Certainly when compared to the EPL. City and United missed the first round of fixtures due to participation in European competition from last season and have not had a spare mid-week slot available to play that match. This will not happen before January/February.

I think that the games should be played with points deductions being given for those deemed responsible for the original postponement.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with anything that's been said. It looks like the SPFL (or whoever) have decided to apply a certain standard punishment and, although it looks like some teams are being rewarded, I can understand it.

I'm not saying there aren't more fitting or fairer punishments.

Keith_M
03-12-2020, 02:56 PM

Yep, it's a total nonsense when you think about it.

SaulGoodman
03-12-2020, 02:57 PM

So how would you deal with it?

Chorley Hibee
03-12-2020, 02:58 PM

I don't know if this is serious or not? Surely you're not asking me to repeat myself again?

Moulin Yarns
03-12-2020, 03:01 PM
Just to add to the debate 😁

I would deduct 3 points, and if the match is not rescheduled then the same solution as last season.

It punishes the offending club but neither rewards or disadvantages the opponents.

The 90+2
03-12-2020, 03:01 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣

danhibees1875
03-12-2020, 03:03 PM
I don't know if this is serious or not? Surely you're not asking me to repeat myself again?

If you don't have any better ideas then just say so.

:greengrin

Fwiw I agree with you, rearrange the games and if you need to do anything then a points deduction or fine to Saints and Killie. Seems the fairest way - not sure why Motherwell should be advantaged in this situation.

Archie70
03-12-2020, 03:06 PM

Deduct points but still play the games.

If they win they are all square and gained nothing. If they lose they lose 3 points. The important thing is nobody else has been disadvantaged as might well happen should Motherwell finish above someone by less than 6 points or Hamilton avoid relegation by less than 3 points.

Other teams shouldn't be negatively impacted for their mistakes.

SaulGoodman
03-12-2020, 03:07 PM

Chorley Hibee
03-12-2020, 03:11 PM

Well done, you hooked me good and proper there. 🙈🤣

JohnMcM
03-12-2020, 03:27 PM
Presumably you can add daily changing and training to that also in terms of times they're in close proximity.

Perhaps just my ignorance of what clubs were having to do right now but I thought the whole "testing bubble" thing extended as far as bus rides and canteens.

I'm also surprised Aberdeen haven't found a way to benefit from this yet.

You're not alone. I thought that too.

brog
03-12-2020, 03:28 PM
That's your opinion.

We've just had a midweek free of fixtures. 2 of the 3 fixtures could have been played this week.

dalkeith stu
03-12-2020, 03:33 PM
Even more reason they should have to give up the points in they game(s) if they’re still not played.

They game is against each other so who gets the 3-0 win???

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2020, 03:33 PM
The club didn't tell them to break the rules. You can't dock points for something a player (or group of players) does in his spare time.

Exactly, if you cant see the difference you are either blind or daft.

Peevemor
03-12-2020, 03:34 PM
We've just had a midweek free of fixtures. 2 of the 3 fixtures could have been played this week.

They've already done away with replays in this season's Scottish Cup for the same reason.

I'm not saying they're right, but they're being consistent in their thinking.

CropleyWasGod
03-12-2020, 03:46 PM
Stolen from Twitter.

Is Covid now joint top goalscorer with Tavernier?

B.H.F.C
03-12-2020, 04:05 PM
Motherwell now have the chance to go within two points of us if they beat us on Saturday!

B.H.F.C
03-12-2020, 04:08 PM
If it was down to where folk were sitting on buses etc, will the SFA be finding themselves for what happened with the under 21s?

S4uzee
03-12-2020, 04:32 PM
Seen a Motherwell player having lunch in Almondave centre a few weeks back. Did he break the rules??

calumhibee1
03-12-2020, 04:55 PM
If it was down to where folk were sitting on buses etc, will the SFA be finding themselves for what happened with the under 21s?

Scottish football: you must sit socially distanced on team buses and team canteens

Also Scottish football: nananananananananananana Davie Marshall whilst the whole team hangs on to each other round a function room

Chorley Hibee
03-12-2020, 04:56 PM
Scottish football: you must sit socially distanced on team buses and team canteens

Also Scottish football: nananananananananananana Davie Marshall whilst the whole team hangs on to each other round a function room

Yep, that sums it up perfectly.

Sir David Gray
03-12-2020, 05:07 PM

Whilst I don't for one second criticise any of the players involved for getting carried away, this was the scene inside the dressing room in Serbia a few weeks ago and apparently endorsed by the SFA on one of their social media channels going by their caption.

https://talksport.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2020/11/12593.jpg?strip=all&w=557&quality=100

calumhibee1
03-12-2020, 05:10 PM
Whilst I don't for one second criticise any of the players involved for getting carried away, this was the scene inside the dressing room in Serbia a few weeks ago and apparently endorsed by the SFA on one of their social media channels going by their caption.

https://talksport.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2020/11/12593.jpg?strip=all&w=557&quality=100

Absolutely don’t blame them. I’m presuming this is an SPFL decision to reward Motherwell?

JammyDoidger
03-12-2020, 05:13 PM
Would points be awarded if the matches involved celtic and rangers? Doubt it. Hibs should cause an uproar over this.

Phil MaGlass
03-12-2020, 05:33 PM
pity were not about to play United

https://news.stv.tv/sport/dundee-united-staff-self-isolate-after-positive-covid-tests

calumhibee1
03-12-2020, 05:38 PM
Would points be awarded if the matches involved celtic and rangers? Doubt it. Hibs should cause an uproar over this.

Lol

As if

Peevemor
03-12-2020, 05:44 PM
Would points be awarded if the matches involved celtic and rangers? Doubt it. Hibs should cause an uproar over this.Why?

You do realise that had the match been played with Kilmarnock winning, they'd only be 1pt worse off than Motherwell?

Let the teams concerned take the action they see fit. Hibs have no reason to cause an uproar.

wookie70
03-12-2020, 05:45 PM
No. Can definitely see the difference. Don’t see why the punishment should be different though. The players are representatives of the club. If they do wrong to the extent it stops their club being able to fulfill a fixture on the scheduled date then they should be punished the same. I agree with that. The crimes may be different but the result of the crimes were the same and for me the punishment was far too lenient for Aberdeen and Celtc and probably correct for St Mirren and Killie although I would have docked them the points and then played the games. I don't like the idea of teams being rewarded for a fixture that didn't happen but could be scheduled in.

Brooster
03-12-2020, 05:51 PM

Haha no we shouldn't. It astounds me how easily some people get offended these days.

calumhibee1
03-12-2020, 05:54 PM
I agree with that. The crimes may be different but the result of the crimes were the same and for me the punishment was far too lenient for Aberdeen and Celtc and probably correct for St Mirren and Killie although I would have docked them the points and then played the games. I don't like the idea of teams being rewarded for a fixture that didn't happen but could be scheduled in.

:agree:

gbhibby
03-12-2020, 05:55 PM
Players are employees of the club so should be aware of the rules. In the case of Aberdeen and Celtic the players knew the rules and chose to break them. The players must abide by the rules of the SPFL so if they break the rules as employees of the club the club has broken the rules. Sanctions should be applied retrospectively to both Celtic and Aberdeen otherwise the SPFL look like they favour certain clubs.

In business when bankers were breaking the rules even if the banks were unaware of what was happening, the financial authorities fined the banks huge amounts. It called collective responsibility.

JohnMcM
03-12-2020, 06:07 PM
These forfeitures of points could be a good thing for Scottish football.

The precedent has now been well and truly set. Should one or both the uglies get into the same position as Killie and St Mirren then forfeiture must happen.

If not, the bias towards the west coast is there for all to see and challenge publicly, perhaps legally. On the other hand if the forfeiture is made the first real step in permanently breaking the bias is taken.

calumhibee1
03-12-2020, 06:08 PM
Players are employees of the club so should be aware of the rules. In the case of Aberdeen and Celtic the players knew the rules and chose to break them. The players must abide by the rules of the SPFL so if they break the rules as employees of the club the club has broken the rules. Sanctions should be applied retrospectively to both Celtic and Aberdeen otherwise the SPFL look like they favour certain clubs.

In business when bankers were breaking the rules even if the banks were unaware of what was happening, the financial authorities fined the banks huge amounts. It called collective responsibility.

Exactly.

Claiming that the players can break rules and be punished individually even when it means that games have to get postponed etc is a nonsense.

They represent the club. When their behaviour leads to their club not being able to fulfil fixtures then the club they represent should be punished along with the player.

Of course there was absolutely no chance Celtic would ever have got punished in the same vein as St Mirren and Killie.

Peevemor
03-12-2020, 06:09 PM

In business when bankers were breaking the rules even if the banks were unaware of what was happening, the financial authorities fined the banks huge amounts. It called collective responsibility.Bankers who broke the rules did so while exercising their functions for their employers and in the name of their employers.

Footballers going to the pub with their mates has nothing to do with their profession.

Surely you can see the difference.

Jim Herriot
03-12-2020, 06:15 PM
OK, two admittedly contrived scenarios...

Suppose that teams A and B are in a relegation battle and play each other on the last day of the season. Team A will only survive if they win by 4 goals. Team B announce they can't field a team and take the 3-0 loss, which keeps them safe.

The same situation could arise at the top of the table (or in the Euro places). Say celtc need to beat sevco by 4 goals for 10IAR - sevco similarly announce covid, take a 3-0 loss, and win the title.

I know it's unlikely, but surely this would be possible?

Sylar
03-12-2020, 06:22 PM
SPFL have made a total tit of this so far this season. They should have put out a set of guidelines/rules for the clubs at the offset so it was clear what would happen in the incidence of a breach.

Now we've got an instance where Aberdeen and Celtc (fined), Rangers (7 game suspension and players fined), Killie and St Mirren (fined and forfeited games) have all experienced varying punishments.

Celtc's breach was arguably the worst of the lot and they've had the leanest punishment.

gbhibby
03-12-2020, 06:31 PM
Bankers who broke the rules did so while exercising their functions for their employers and in the name of their employers.

Footballers going to the pub with their mates has nothing to do with their profession.

Surely you can see the difference.

The players were given guidelines at the time as well as the clubs. The players broke the rules to the endangerment of other Employees of the club. The players have a responsibility to the club and players in other teams. Players broke rules and directives at the time. The club have a level of responsibility here to ensure they do not endanger others. This led to games being postponed. In the case of the example given some bankers acted outwith the banks rules to benefit themselves financially the banks were still punished.

Peevemor
03-12-2020, 06:48 PM
The players were given guidelines at the time as well as the clubs. The players broke the rules to the endangerment of other Employees of the club. The players have a responsibility to the club and players in other teams. Players broke rules and directives at the time. The club have a level of responsibility here to ensure they do not endanger others. This led to games being postponed. In the case of the example given some bankers acted outwith the banks rules to benefit themselves financially the banks were still punished.

Banks were punished for actions carried out in their name.

Clubs being punished for players breaking the rules in their own time is just nonsense. Even when players are caught taking drugs, it's the player not the club who is punished.

Anyway, we're obviously never going to agree.

Sammy7nil
03-12-2020, 07:15 PM
OK, two admittedly contrived scenarios...

Suppose that teams A and B are in a relegation battle and play each other on the last day of the season. Team A will only survive if they win by 4 goals. Team B announce they can't field a team and take the 3-0 loss, which keeps them safe.

The same situation could arise at the top of the table (or in the Euro places). Say celtc need to beat sevco by 4 goals for 10IAR - sevco similarly announce covid, take a 3-0 loss, and win the title.

I know it's unlikely, but surely this would be possible?

It is also unlikely team A or B would win or lose 4-0 should the game be played. :wink::greengrin

JammyDoidger
03-12-2020, 07:16 PM
Haha no we shouldn't. It astounds me how easily some people get offended these days.

So if motherwell pip is to europe by a couple of points, you aren't going to be upset over it? I certainly will be and I'm sure that would be the talk at the end of the season.

BSEJVT
03-12-2020, 07:19 PM

Intuitively it seems strange, but when you think deeper, as you have shown above, it is the only fair outcome.

You could split hairs about the margin, but the margin needs to be the same on every occasion, and that is the recognised standard

EI255
03-12-2020, 07:28 PM
Absolutely ridiculous. You'd be raging if it was us. How about Aberdeen or Celtic getting retrospectively punished then?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
03-12-2020, 07:31 PM
Just to add to the debate 😁

I would deduct 3 points, and if the match is not rescheduled then the same solution as last season.

It punishes the offending club but neither rewards or disadvantages the opponents.

Far too sensible...

Radge70
03-12-2020, 07:43 PM
It is also unlikely team A or B would win or lose 4-0 should the game be played. :wink::greengrin

We gave it a good try against the Huns a couple of years ago

Peevemor
03-12-2020, 07:45 PM
How about this -

Hibs and Rangers make it to the League Cup final.

Jamie Murphy is told by his parent club, ie. Rangers (I know we're signing him afterward but that doesn't suit my story), to go to a house party the weekend before the final and hug, cuddle and snog dozens of total strangers.

Within minutes videos are posted all over social media.

Should Hibs forfeit the match or should Murphy be suspended/punished?

EI255
03-12-2020, 07:55 PM
So if motherwell pip is to europe by a couple of points, you aren't going to be upset over it? I certainly will be and I'm sure that would be the talk at the end of the season.I'd be surprised if both Killie and St Mirren don't file an appeal over this. And if they lose, I'd be surprised if they don't take the SPFL to court.

Moulin Yarns
03-12-2020, 09:05 PM
These forfeitures of points could be a good thing for Scottish football.

The precedent has now been well and truly set. Should one or both the uglies get into the same position as Killie and St Mirren then forfeiture must happen.

If not, the bias towards the west coast is there for all to see and challenge publicly, perhaps legally. On the other hand if the forfeiture is made the first real step in permanently breaking the bias is taken.

West Coast bias? Geography isn't your strong point unless Kilmarnock and Paisley have moved.

mjhibby
03-12-2020, 09:21 PM
Utterly farcical decision. By all means deduct killie and st mirren points but why give Motherwell 3-0 wins. Where’s is the sporting integrity in that. I sincerely hope this doesn’t affect European places or more importantly relegation. Should St Mirren finish last on goal difference or by a point we will have the whole summer with everybody and his granny debating if the decision was fair. The hertz farce where the league had no choice will be old hat compared the the stooshie this could cause. I’m not bothered that we’ll have gained six points and six goals without doing anything, farcical though it is, it’s the impression that others will get of the spl. A Mickey Mouse league with incompetence abounding. This is not Sunday leagues where the team sheets haven’t been filled in correctly. Utterly baffling that the sfa can’t see the .... storm they have created. God forbid we fall foul and if it happens to one of the bigot bros would anybody be surprised if they wriggle out of losing points. Yet another new low for Scottish football. Bravo you utter clowns.

mjhibby
03-12-2020, 09:32 PM
I'd be surprised if both Killie and St Mirren don't file an appeal over this. And if they lose, I'd be surprised if they don't take the SPFL to court.

Would we expect hibs to do the same. I’d think we would. A decision taken because it didn’t affect the big clubs. I’d be very bitter if I was a killie or st Mirren fan seeing how Aberdeen and Celtic were dealt with. Did anybody really think Motherwell would win those games in the form they are in. I can see potential sponsors scoring Scottish football off their lists. Last season was unprecedented but it seems we learned nothing. It’s all we will hear about for weeks now especially if they appeal. Unbelievable.

Peevemor
03-12-2020, 09:35 PM
Utterly farcical decision. By all means deduct killie and st mirren points but why give Motherwell 3-0 wins. Where’s is the sporting integrity in that. I sincerely hope this doesn’t affect European places or more importantly relegation. Should St Mirren finish last on goal difference on a point we will have the whole summer with everybody and his granny debating if the decision was fair. The hertz farce where the league had no choice will be old hat compared the the stooshie this could cause. I’m not bothered that we’ll have gained six points and six points without doing anything, farcical though it is, it’s the impression that others will get of the spl. A Mickey Mouse league with incompetence abounding. This is not Sunday leagues where the team sheets haven’t been filled in correctly. Utterly baffling that the sfa can’t see the .... storm they have created. God forbid we fall loud and if it happens to one of the bigot bros would anybody be surprised if they wriggle out of losing points. Yet another new low for Scottish football. Bravo you utter clowns.I'm not saying the decisions are ideal but to say that they're utterly farcical is wrong IMO.

With a truncated season (for some), International breaks, last season's Scottish Cup to finish, teams playing in Europe and matches postponed due to Covid (where clubs are not at fault), there's a real risk of an unmanageable backlog come the springtime.

With this in mind it has been decided that there will be no replays in the SC this year and, it would seem, that matches are to be forfeited in cases of Covid mismanagement.

The standard penalty for forfeiting a match is a 3-0 defeat.

Would people be so outraged on here had it been us that picked up the points & GD as opposed to Motherwell? I doubt it.

wookie70
03-12-2020, 10:34 PM
The other issue is that fans miss out games on their season tickets that could still be played. Fans have already massively supported clubs and are not really getting a huge amount in return. Killie fans will now miss two games on their seasons and Buddies fans one. That just is unfair and given how long the season has to go not needed. For starters only St Mirren are still in the Betfred so Killie could either play Motherwell or Hamilton when the Betfred quarters are played. The punishment may be fine but the rewards are wrong and unnecessary.

The 90+2
03-12-2020, 10:35 PM
I'm not saying the decisions are ideal but to say that they're utterly farcical is wrong IMO.

With a truncated season (for some), International breaks, last season's Scottish Cup to finish, teams playing in Europe and matches postponed due to Covid (where clubs are not at fault), there's a real risk of an unmanageable backlog come the springtime.

With this in mind it has been decided that there will be no replays in the SC this year and, it would seem, that matches are to be forfeited in cases of Covid mismanagement.

The standard penalty for forfeiting a match is a 3-0 defeat.

Would people be so outraged on here had it been us that picked up the points & GD as opposed to Motherwell? I doubt it.

The games where postponed because players drove on the same car. That’s the players fault not the clubs.

Peevemor
03-12-2020, 10:41 PM
The games where postponed because players drove on the same car. That’s the players fault not the clubs.What games?

JimBHibees
04-12-2020, 05:40 AM
SPFL have made a total tit of this so far this season. They should have put out a set of guidelines/rules for the clubs at the offset so it was clear what would happen in the incidence of a breach.

Now we've got an instance where Aberdeen and Celtc (fined), Rangers (7 game suspension and players fined), Killie and St Mirren (fined and forfeited games) have all experienced varying punishments.

Celtc's breach was arguably the worst of the lot and they've had the leanest punishment.

Pretty sure the Spfl board wanted to do this but clubs refused them.

neil7908
04-12-2020, 05:49 AM
Have to say this doesn't sit well with me at all. I'll admit that there is some inherent bias in that suddenly 4th place doesn't look so comfortable anymore.

What's the bet that either 4th place or relegation goes down to goal difference this season?

I think my main problem with the covid stuff is Scottish football had an age to prepare for the new season, but still failed to have a clear set of rules and punishments in place for the start of the season. This has led to a feeling of the authorities making it up as they go along.

neil7908
04-12-2020, 05:53 AM
Another point - in light of this, how the hell are Celtic allowed to go off on a jolly to Dubai next month?

Surely that is ridiculously reckless in the current environment? It'll be very interesting to see what happens if there is a covid outbreak off the back of this.

Given the tough stance in these cases, I can't see /understand how in the same week a club has been allowed to take their players out of the country for a club holiday and force a fixture to be moved to accommodate this.

scoopyboy
04-12-2020, 05:56 AM
So if motherwell pip is to europe by a couple of points, you aren't going to be upset over it? I certainly will be and I'm sure that would be the talk at the end of the season.

I get that but there is another side to it.

If we finish comfortably above Motherwell but finish only one point above Killie should we then be grateful that Killie got the penalty.

JammyDoidger
04-12-2020, 06:08 AM
I get that but there is another side to it.

If we finish comfortably above Motherwell but finish only one point above Killie should we then be grateful that Killie got the penalty.

Never thought of that side of it, I just don't think rangers or Celtic would ever be involved in this scenario it just doesn't sit right with me, they're making the rules up as they go along and I don't like it. Scottish football has scunnered me lately.

Brooster
04-12-2020, 06:35 AM

Uproar and upset? Not for me. The decision makers always get it in the neck from indignant people who feign outrage. Happens in in all sports and walks of life. The sort of people who spend every weekend at protest marches. Governing bodies can never please everyone and by in large I think the football authorities do a good job.

calumhibee1
04-12-2020, 06:49 AM
Never thought of that side of it, I just don't think rangers or Celtic would ever be involved in this scenario it just doesn't sit right with me, they're making the rules up as they go along and I don't like it. Scottish football has scunnered me lately.

There’s not a chance the same action will be taken if it would finish the title race etc.

easty
04-12-2020, 06:49 AM
Uproar and upset? Not for me. The decision makers always get it in the neck from indignant people who feign outrage. Happens in in all sports and walks of life. The sort of people who spend every weekend at protest marches. Governing bodies can never please everyone and by in large I think the football authorities do a good job.

I’ve never been to a protest march in my life, but I’ll be annoyed at the end of the season if we miss out on Europe by a couple of points to Motherwell.

Keith_M
04-12-2020, 07:13 AM
We always knew this was going to be a weird season.

There's no point getting too worked up about stuff like this.

brog
04-12-2020, 07:25 AM
Talk of difficulty in fitting in these games is, IMO a complete red herring. There were 3 outstanding games, 2 could have been played this week &, as all teams are out of LC, the other next week. It's fine to argue the case from different perspectives but a fixture pile up is irrelevant to the decision taken.

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 07:35 AM
Talk of difficulty in fitting in these games is, IMO a complete red herring. There were 3 outstanding games, 2 could have been played this week &, as all teams are out of LC, the other next week. It's fine to argue the case from different perspectives but a fixture pile up is irrelevant to the decision taken.

They're probably taking into account the possibility of more fixtures being postponed due to both coronavirus & the weather.

Chorley Hibee
04-12-2020, 07:43 AM
Some people are mentioning the difficulty involved in potentially rescheduling these fixtures.

The authorities didn't find it too difficult to reschedule our game away to Celtic did they? All so Celtic can top up their tan during a global pandemic!

There is plenty of scope for these games to be played.

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 07:47 AM
Some people are mentioning the difficulty involved in potentially rescheduling these fixtures.

The authorities didn't find it too difficult to reschedule our game away to Celtic did they? All so Celtic can top up their tan during a global pandemic!

There is plenty of scope for these games to be played.

it's not being viewed as a rearranged match given that it falls "within the same Friday-Monday fixture slot".

Moulin Yarns
04-12-2020, 08:02 AM
They're probably taking into account the possibility of more fixtures being postponed due to both coronavirus & the weather.

No games should be postponed due to the weather, all clubs have undersoil heating and/or artificial pitches

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 08:05 AM
No games should be postponed due to the weather, all clubs have undersoil heating and/or artificial pitches

It still happens though.

neil7908
04-12-2020, 08:06 AM
it's not being viewed as a rearranged match given that it falls "within the same Friday-Monday fixture slot".

Why on earth would the authorities be OK with Celtic going for a jolly abroad though? Surely that is against all manner of covid protocols - what happened to only essential travel?

I just can't get my head around punishing teams with a points deduction for players not sitting correctly on a bus whilst moving a fixture for another club so they can fly a squad abroad for a holiday.

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 08:12 AM
Why on earth would the authorities be OK with Celtic going for a jolly abroad though? Surely that is against all manner of covid protocols - what happened to only essential travel?

I just can't get my head around punishing teams with a points deduction for players not sitting correctly on a bus whilst moving a fixture for another club so they can fly a squad abroad for a holiday.

I've no idea. It doesn't make much sense to me but they're no doubt covered by some rule somewhere.

JohnMcM
04-12-2020, 08:25 AM
West Coast bias? Geography isn't your strong point unless Kilmarnock and Paisley have moved.

West Coast as in Glasgow.

Moulin Yarns
04-12-2020, 08:32 AM

In which case it is Glasgow bias, otherwise Kilmarnock would have been favoured. :greengrin

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 08:38 AM
When I was in my late teens I remember having a football conversation with some mates, including 2 from Oban & 2 brothers from Harris.

They pissed themselves laughing when I referred to Glasgow as West coast.

I haven't done so since.

CropleyWasGod
04-12-2020, 08:40 AM

It's not even on the West coast of the Clyde :greengrin

JohnMcM
04-12-2020, 09:39 AM
East is east and west is west and I know which is best.:worms:

Can we agree on West of Scotland, near the west coast, Glasgow bias then?

CropleyWasGod
04-12-2020, 10:01 AM
East is east and west is west and I know which is best.:worms:

Can we agree on West of Scotland, near the west coast, Glasgow bias then?

The type of bias that relexpunged Partick Thistle? :na na::na na::na na:

Keith_M
04-12-2020, 10:02 AM

You lot are just not letting this go, are you?

:faf:

Speedy
04-12-2020, 10:03 AM

If players are breaking rules to the extent that it means games can't be fulfilled then that is a club issue, it's the club that can't fulfil the fixture not just the player.

JohnMcM
04-12-2020, 10:32 AM

Are you my ex-wife? You want the last word don't you.:greengrin

WhileTheChief..
04-12-2020, 10:42 AM

:top marks

The same people that will protest about anything and everything. They expect mob rule to win cause they’ve lost the argument.

Screw them.

Key West
04-12-2020, 10:54 AM
Whilst recognising that the authorities need to make decisions I am wondering how they arrive at 3-0 for the winning team, watching Motherwell against Hibs at Easter Road earlier this season they looked incapable of scoring.

nonshinyfinish
04-12-2020, 10:57 AM
Whilst recognising that the authorities need to make decisions I am wondering how they arrive at 3-0 for the winning team, watching Motherwell against Hibs at Easter Road earlier this season they looked incapable of scoring.

It's standard across football when a team can't fulfil a fixture – it's not a case of going to the pools panel to guess what the result might really have been.

Keith_M
04-12-2020, 10:58 AM

It does seem strange but awarding a 3-0 win is a standard punishment in football.

TBH, I don't think this will really affect Hibs at all, as I can't see Motherwell catching us any time soon. They're just not very good.

Moulin Yarns
04-12-2020, 11:18 AM
It does seem strange but awarding a 3-0 win is a standard punishment in football.

TBH, I don't think this will really affect Hibs at all, as I can't see Motherwell catching us any time soon. They're just not very good.

Oh dear. You remember who we are playing tomorrow? 😉

Moulin Yarns
04-12-2020, 11:27 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55171011

I wonder if clubs will try and play youngsters to avoid the st mirren and Kilmarnock situation?

brog
04-12-2020, 11:28 AM

My point is that's irrelevant because these games could have been cleared by next week. More fixtures being subseqently postponed would then have no effect.

JimBHibees
04-12-2020, 11:40 AM

Motherwell are decent as the game at ER showed. Tough game tomorrow as pitch will be soft and a bit of a battle. As it happens I think we will beat them as defensively they aren't great and not sure about their keeper though they definitely have players that can hurt us.

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 11:42 AM
My point is that's irrelevant because these games could have been cleared by next week. More fixtures being subseqently postponed would then have no effect.

Unless similar things happen again in terms of non conformity with Covid rules - then a precedent will have been set that the matches be replayed with the possibility of there being no spare dates.

As I said before, they've done away with replays in the Scottish Cup this season for the same reason.

Now a clear precedent has been set - if you can't fulfil the fixture and it's the club's fault then you forfeit the match which will be recorded as a 3-0 loss. This has been standard in football for years and I don't see why folk are bringing it into question only now. Because it's Motherwell?

Ronniekirk
04-12-2020, 11:47 AM
Motherwell are now in Fifth Place so plenty incentive to beat us and move closer to fourth spot We haven’t won a league game in our last few outings so the pressure is on us to win this fixture
The Dundee cup game apart we aren’t scoring many goals so it’s important we get back to taking a greater percentage of. Chances created

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moulin Yarns
04-12-2020, 12:00 PM
I note this paragraph in the ruling against St Mirren

How it affects others in the SPFL is not of our concern, what is of our concern is that a sporting
sanction is required to be imposed in respect of each failure by St Mirren to perform their sporting
obligation of playing the scheduled football match, which arose solely as a result of their own
admitted breach of the rules and regulations in terms of the complaint. Accordingly we consider that
it is appropriate to impose, and we do, two three-nil results in the two matches, one in favour of
Motherwell FC and one in favour of Hamilton Academical FC.

Surely, as the SPFL is the clubs it is their concern?

JohnM1875
04-12-2020, 12:09 PM
I must admit I may have totally misread this situation. But St Mirren and Killie have been given losses as opposed to rearranged games due to players travelling together to training/a match?

How is that any different to eight players meeting up in a pub, a player sodding off abroad during lockdown, a player organising a birthday party for his girlfriend or players going to someone else's birthday party?

In every instance the teams involved will have told the players exactly what is expected of them and how to behave. And in each instance an adult has refused the advice and done something to go against it.

I suppose the only difference is the St Mirren and Killie players have done so whilst going to an environment where close contact with the team was bound to happen anyway. Whereas the Aberdeen, Celtic and The Rangers players have done so in their free time, away from football. Which is arguably worse.

Think it's far too harsh a punishment.

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 12:20 PM
I must admit I may have totally misread this situation. But St Mirren and Killie have been given losses as opposed to rearranged games due to players travelling together to training/a match?

There's more to it than that.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/kilmarnock-fc-and-st-mirren-fc-disciplinary-outc

Moulin Yarns
04-12-2020, 01:21 PM

How is that any different to eight players meeting up in a pub, a player sodding off abroad during lockdown, a player organising a birthday party for his girlfriend or players going to someone else's birthday party?

In every instance the teams involved will have told the players exactly what is expected of them and how to behave. And in each instance an adult has refused the advice and done something to go against it.

I suppose the only difference is the St Mirren and Killie players have done so whilst going to an environment where close contact with the team was bound to happen anyway. Whereas the Aberdeen, Celtic and The Rangers players have done so in their free time, away from football. Which is arguably worse.

Think it's far too harsh a punishment.

The reasons are here.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/files/shares/Decision%20of%20the%20Tribunal%20-%20St%20Mirren%20FC.pdf

brog
04-12-2020, 01:27 PM

Thanks for that. Reading this it would appear that St Mirren were considerably more lax than Killie but the punishment is the same for both clubs. Seating arrangements on the coach and at a meal seem very minor matters given these same players share a dressing room and as others have pointed out, celebrate goals with extreme close contact. I don't think we've heard the last of this!

JohnM1875
04-12-2020, 01:32 PM
The reasons are here.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/files/shares/Decision%20of%20the%20Tribunal%20-%20St%20Mirren%20FC.pdf

Yeah, so sitting close to each other on a team bus to a match, where they play and warm up without social distancing and sharing cars to train, where they don't social distance. They gym thing was dumb, admittedly.

The punishment is far too harsh in my opinion.

Even though they have had a few outbreaks within the club. But surely that's down to where the players are situated and infections rates in that area.

matty_f
04-12-2020, 02:02 PM
Yeah, so sitting close to each other on a team bus to a match, where they play and warm up without social distancing and sharing cars to train, where they don't social distance. They gym thing was dumb, admittedly.

The punishment is far too harsh in my opinion.

Even though they have had a few outbreaks within the club. But surely that's down to where the players are situated and infections rates in that area.

I think the difference between sitting in the bus and playing on the same pitch is the length of time that people spend in close proximity to each other (less than 2m apart).

There's also the issue of testing - the player on the pitch on a matchday have been tested and have had negative results, and although that doesn't guarantee that they're infection free by the time they take to the pitch, it does mitigate a lot of the risk.

gbhibby
04-12-2020, 02:02 PM
How about this -

Hibs and Rangers make it to the League Cup final.

Jamie Murphy is told by his parent club, ie. Rangers (I know we're signing him afterward but that doesn't suit my story), to go to a house party the weekend before the final and hug, cuddle and snog dozens of total strangers.

Within minutes videos are posted all over social media.

Should Hibs forfeit the match or should Murphy be suspended/punished?

Is that the best you can come with?

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 02:27 PM
Is that the best you can come with?Please accept my apologies.

Do you have an answer?

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 02:53 PM
Jack Ross speaks very well about it here.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-jack-ross-spfl-celtic-19399916

JohnM1875
04-12-2020, 03:01 PM

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-jack-ross-spfl-celtic-19399916

Yup, totally agree with JR on this. Brutally harsh punishments.

To be fair to JR and folks opinion on him or our style of play, the man always speaks very well and makes a lot of sense.

ancient hibee
04-12-2020, 04:04 PM
E
Thanks for that. Reading this it would appear that St Mirren were considerably more lax than Killie but the punishment is the same for both clubs. Seating arrangements on the coach and at a meal seem very minor matters given these same players share a dressing room and as others have pointed out, celebrate goals with extreme close contact. I don't think we've heard the last of this!

Not sure that our players use only one dressing room.Think what McInnes was annoyed about was that when his U21 players were away they were spread around the coach but were grouped around an infection source.He thought players from the same club should be as widespread as possible so that as happened they would not all have to isolate.He also said Aberdeen travelled in two coaches.

The 90+2
04-12-2020, 04:30 PM

:confused: youre POV is completely different.

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 04:36 PM
:confused: youre POV is completely different.No it's not.

I've already said that I'm not sure if I agree with the punishment. That doesn't stop me from understanding it and explaining it to others who don't.

Speedy
04-12-2020, 06:11 PM
Unless similar things happen again in terms of non conformity with Covid rules - then a precedent will have been set that the matches be replayed with the possibility of there being no spare dates.

As I said before, they've done away with replays in the Scottish Cup this season for the same reason.

Now a clear precedent has been set - if you can't fulfil the fixture and it's the club's fault then you forfeit the match which will be recorded as a 3-0 loss. This has been standard in football for years and I don't see why folk are bringing it into question only now. Because it's Motherwell?

People were understandably under the impression that a precedent had already been set with the Celtic and Aberdeen games.

Also, if there are statements being made that the impact on other clubs is not of their concern then that is quite troubling.

calumhibee1
04-12-2020, 06:20 PM
People were understandably under the impression that a precedent had already been set with the Celtic and Aberdeen games.

Also, if there are statements being made that the impact on other clubs is not of their concern then that is quite troubling.

A precedent was set.

People will argue that this is a different situation but you can guarantee if this situation comes up again and it’ll hand either Celtic or Rangers the title by being consistent they’ll 100% find a reason to argue that the situation is different and again a new precedent must be set.

gbhibby
04-12-2020, 06:33 PM
Please accept my apologies.

Do you have an answer?
The league Cup is is organised by a different body. In case like this as the player is acting on instructions of his parent club they would have to take the consequences. A player on loan must not break the rules and if Hibs found out he would be sent back to his parent club and would be brought up before the Scottish league disciplinary panel as well as his parent club. It makes no difference if a player
breaks the rules the club breaks the rules. Christ we are talking about a pandemic here so players should have the brains to do what they are told.The celtic and Aberdeen situations caused games to be postponed it doesn't matter if it is the club or the players that break the rules, it is the impact. Clubs would have grounds to sack players for gross misconduct as I said players have a duty not only to their clubs but to other Players. Surely as professionals they can act in a professional manner. The SPFL should be consistent in their sanctions end of story.

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 06:39 PM
The league Cup is is organised by a different body. In case like this as the player is acting on instructions of his parent club they would have to take the consequences. A player on loan must not break the rules and if Hibs found out he would be sent back to his parent club and would be brought up before the Scottish league disciplinary panel as well as his parent club. It makes no difference if a player
breaks the rules the club breaks the rules. Christ we are talking about a pandemic here so players should have the brains to do what they are told.The celtic and Aberdeen situations caused games to be postponed it doesn't matter if it is the club or the players that break the rules it is the impact. Clubs would have grounds to sack players for gross misconduct as I said players have a duty not only to their clubs but to other Players. Surely as professionals they can act in a professional manner. The SPFL should be consistent in their sanctions end of story.

Of course it matters whether it's the club or the players that break the rules.

If someone is to be punished, then it has to be the right person or entity.

gbhibby
04-12-2020, 07:06 PM
Of course it matters whether it's the club or the players that break the rules.

If someone is to be punished, then it has to be the right person or entity.
Players are not self employed they are employees of the club
In the case of St Mirren and Killie a non player has not followed or implemented the rules/protocols correctly so where is the difference.

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 07:17 PM
Players are not self employed they are employees of the club
In the case of St Mirren and Killie a non player has not followed or implemented the rules/protocols correctly so where is the difference.Are you doing this deliberately.

In the canteen or on the bus, these are environments that the club controls. If the protocols aren't being correctly implemented then the club is responsible and should be punished.

A group of players in their spare time go to the pub and break the rules (despite, no doubt, having been properly informed of thoze rules by their club), then how can you hold the club responsible? It's the player(s) that's to blame and should be punished.

steelendhibs
04-12-2020, 07:18 PM
Sorry if already clarified....but what would happen if st mirren and Killie were due to play each other and neither team could have fulfilled the fixture...who would have been awarded a 3-0 victory then?

The 90+2
04-12-2020, 07:24 PM
Sorry if already clarified....but what would happen if st mirren and Killie were due to play each other and neither team could have fulfilled the fixture...who would have been awarded a 3-0 victory then?

3-3

The 90+2
04-12-2020, 07:26 PM
Are you doing this deliberately.

In the canteen or on the bus, these are environments that the club controls. If the protocols aren't being correctly implemented then the club is responsible and should be punished.

A group of players in their spare time go to the pub and break the rules (despite, no doubt, having been properly informed of thoze rules by their club), then how can you hold the club responsible? It's the player(s) that's to blame and should be punished.

Players are employees of the clubs. The same as whatever club official thought it was okay for people to sit beside each other on a bus. All broke the rules. It should not be a different rule for any circumstance. I admire your stance though.

Being sent off, going out fighting or whatever other scenario doesn’t matter. COVID rules where broken and should all have the same punishment.

Speedy
04-12-2020, 07:30 PM

The club are responsible for fulfilling fixtures. If they can't meet their obligations due to the actions of their staff then they need to be accountable.

It's the same in many other industries.

CropleyWasGod
04-12-2020, 07:32 PM

Penalties.

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2020, 07:34 PM

It really is that simple.

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 07:37 PM
It really is that simple.I'm not going to keep repeating myself. Those who don't understand are either doing so deliberately or are beyond help.

brog
04-12-2020, 07:41 PM
Penalties.

😁 Excellent! Glad you've returned from your sabbatical!

The 90+2
04-12-2020, 07:49 PM
I'm not going to keep repeating myself. Those who don't understand are either doing so deliberately or are beyond help.

You’re being far too arrogant and it’s not a good look. No idea what has come over you lately.

1875Sean
04-12-2020, 07:53 PM
Do think it’s harsh but don’t agree with people comparing it to Aberdeen and Celtic, they had players who broke protocols outside the club, Killie and St Mirren didn’t follow the correct measures

JohnM1875
04-12-2020, 07:56 PM
Do think it’s harsh but don’t agree with people comparing it to Aberdeen and Celtic, they had players who broke protocols outside the club, Killie and St Mirren didn’t follow the correct measures

Really don't think there's much difference at all. Every single occasion is down to an individual(s) choosing to do something against the agreed protocols.

St Mirren could have set up 17 coaches for the away game. But if two guys are going to choose to sit next to each other then they're going to.

I think both teams have probably been guilty of being too honest. I'd bet every team in the league have done similiar since the season kicked off.

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 08:09 PM
You’re being far too arrogant and it’s not a good look. No idea what has come over you lately.Arrogant? I get the impression that, especially since last weekend, a few folk think it's open season to criticise everything I post.

I surely have the right to defend my opinions no?

If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

1875Sean
04-12-2020, 08:29 PM
Really don't think there's much difference at all. Every single occasion is down to an individual(s) choosing to do something against the agreed protocols.

St Mirren could have set up 17 coaches for the away game. But if two guys are going to choose to sit next to each other then they're going to.

I think both teams have probably been guilty of being too honest. I'd bet every team in the league have done similiar since the season kicked off.

Kilmarnock hiring further staff to help with the protocols at their would suggest they were not prepared from the offset

Moulin Yarns
04-12-2020, 09:00 PM
People need to read the SPFL judgement.

Speedy
04-12-2020, 09:34 PM
People need to read the SPFL judgement.

The SPFL judgement is a long waffle trying to justify making an example of these 2 while letting Celtic & Aberdeen off the hook.

'Government Intervention', 'effectively postponed'. Firstly, they're clearly deflecting and trying to distance themselves from their previous decision. Secondly, something that required government intervention seems a bit more serious than something that doesn't.

ancient hibee
04-12-2020, 10:14 PM
The SPFL judgement is a long waffle trying to justify making an example of these 2 while letting Celtic & Aberdeen off the hook.

'Government Intervention', 'effectively postponed'. Firstly, they're clearly deflecting and trying to distance themselves from their previous decision. Secondly, something that required jn7government intervention seems a bit more serious than something that doesn't.

Would have thought it pretty obvious that both Aberdeen and Celtic could have played their fixtures.The Scottish Government wanted to make a point and ordered them not to.St.Mirren and Kilmarnock could not play their fixtures.A big difference.

Mr. Wonderful
04-12-2020, 10:53 PM

Assuming they'll be ready to punish the spfl players involved with the national team for their celebrations post qualifying too?

1875Sean
04-12-2020, 10:59 PM
Assuming they'll be ready to punish the spfl players involved with the national team for their celebrations post qualifying too?

That would be a different body, the SFA so they wouldn’t be able to anything to do with the national team

Peevemor
04-12-2020, 11:02 PM
Assuming they'll be ready to punish the spfl players involved with the national team for their celebrations post qualifying too?That's a very fair point, although some people would want to see their clubs punished instead.

gbhibby
04-12-2020, 11:26 PM
That's a very fair point, although some people would want to see their clubs punished instead.
The Scotland team is in a bubble and tested. Their actions did not cause games to be postponed. Therefore nothing to do with clubs.

The 90+2
05-12-2020, 12:32 AM
Arrogant? I get the impression that, especially since last weekend, a few folk think it's open season to criticise everything I post.

I surely have the right to defend my opinions no?

If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

Nope mate, treat every posts as they come. In the last few days you’ve been difficult. I don’t care about last weekend but you need to chill imo.

04Sauzee
09-12-2020, 04:29 PM
Both teams have issued statements they are appealing

Keith_M
09-12-2020, 06:38 PM

That's a matter of opinion.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bcYppAs6ZdI/hqdefault.jpg

scoopyboy
09-12-2020, 06:47 PM

I think they felt obliged to for the sake of their fans.

They've admitted guilty to the charges so I take it they are objecting to the severity of the punishment.

Don't have a clue how this will pan out.

kaimendhibs
09-12-2020, 07:13 PM
I dont blame them. Celtc and Aberdeen didnt get points deductions. I realise these incidents are different but the possible ramifications were the same

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

hhibs
10-12-2020, 12:33 PM
The punishment is not appropriate in my view ,the consequences far out reach the two teams immediately concerned.

By giving 3-0 victories to their opposition rather than say taking three points and negative 3 goals and having the games replayed and ;it was and is entirely possible to fit these games in IMO, leads to following issues.

1)All other teams in the league are disadvantaged (punished)because the punishment means that Motherwell and Hamilton have gained(rewarded) a 3 point and 3 goal per game advantage, for no good reason, this in respect to the rest of the league.

2) The offending teams are being punished not once but twice as they are both losing points and goals and, also not able to play a rescheduled game, the punishment means a swing of 6 points and six goals against them in respect of the teams they were meant to play.

In short I wish them well on their appeal, this in typical Scottish football is il thought out "clusterfeck" of a decision and results in complete failure to address the integrity of the league, whilst still punishing the offenders

Moulin Yarns
10-12-2020, 12:36 PM
The punishment is not appropriate in my view ,the consequences far out reach the two teams immediately concerned.

By giving 3-0 victories to their opposition rather than say taking three points and negative 3 goals and having the games replayed and ;it was and is entirely possible to fit these games in IMO, leads to following issues.

1)All other teams in the league are disadvantaged (punished)because the punishment means that Motherwell and Hamilton have gained(rewarded) a 3 point and 3 goal per game advantage, for no good reason, this in respect to the rest of the league.

2) The offending teams are being punished not once but twice as they are both losing points and goals and, also not able to play a rescheduled game, the punishment means a swing of 6 points and six goals against them in respect of the teams they were meant to play.

In short I wish them well on their appeal, this in typical Scottish football is il thought out "clusterfeck" of a decision and results in complete failure to address the integrity of the league, whilst still punishing the offenders

They were not deducted points, just their opponents were awarded 3-0 wins.

I'm with you that others have been disadvantaged, while their opponents have been 'rewarded'

hhibs
10-12-2020, 12:41 PM
They were not deducted points, just their opponents were awarded 3-0 wins.

I'm with you that others have been disadvantaged, while their opponents have been 'rewarded'

Thanks for the clarification ,being vexed and on a rant must of blinded me there for a moment !

Peevemor
10-12-2020, 01:00 PM
Leeann Dempster, with her head up her bum because she's shooting the crow soon, forgets to book the bus for Saturday. Hibs realise too late and don't turn up so we forfeit the match - 3-0 Hamilton!

What's the difference with the matches that St Mirren & Killie couldn't fulfil due to their own mismanagement?

These things shouldn't be thought of as punishments for St Mirren or Kille, but as simply the standard outcome for unfulfilled fixtures where a team doesn't have a valid reason for not playing a match.

bigwheel
10-12-2020, 01:03 PM
Leeann Dempster, with her head up her bum bacause she's shooting the crow soon, forgets to book the bus for Saturday. Hibs realise too late and don't turn up so we forfeit the match - 3-0 Hamilton!

What's the difference with the matches that St Mirren & Killie couldn't fulfil their matches due to their own mismanagement?

These things shouldn't be thought of as punishments for St Mirren or Kille, but as simply the standard outcome for unfulfilled fixtures where a team doesn't have a valid reason for not playing a match.

Lol. Made me chuckle...not least at the thought that our CEO books the bus for away games [emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peevemor
10-12-2020, 01:14 PM
Lol. Made me chuckle...not least at the thought that our CEO books the bus for away games [emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You don't expect Ron to do it do you? What about the time difference?

bigwheel
10-12-2020, 01:21 PM

[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Billy Whizz
10-12-2020, 01:22 PM

Does he not live in Edinburgh at the moment, or has he gone home

Peevemor
10-12-2020, 01:23 PM

I'm speaking about when he's not in Edinburgh.

Daftie! :rolleyes:

Speedy
10-12-2020, 02:14 PM

Last seen wandering around Abbeyhill trying to find the bus

Keith_M
10-12-2020, 02:41 PM
Last seen wandering around Abbeyhill trying to find the bus

I believe Aberdeen have parked it, so we definitely have a problem.

gbhibby
10-12-2020, 03:07 PM
Leeann Dempster, with her head up her bum because she's shooting the crow soon, forgets to book the bus for Saturday. Hibs realise too late and don't turn up so we forfeit the match - 3-0 Hamilton!

What's the difference with the matches that St Mirren & Killie couldn't fulfil due to their own mismanagement?

Just tell the SPFL that the players didn't turn up for the bus then it will be OK as players are different from other employees!!!!

Billy Whizz
10-12-2020, 03:07 PM
I'm speaking about when he's not in Edinburgh.

Daftie! :rolleyes:

So he could currently drive the bus as well😂

Peevemor
10-12-2020, 03:12 PM
Just tell the SPFL that the players didn't turn up for the bus then it will be OK as players are different from other employees!!!!

Doesn't matter how many exclamation marks you use, I've no idea what you're on about.

Eyrie
10-12-2020, 05:27 PM
So he could currently drive the bus as well😂

Gods no!

He's American, so he'd drive on the wrong side of the road.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2020, 09:32 AM
3-0 wins for Motherwell and Hamilton "on hold" pending the outcome of appeals from St Mirren and Kilmarnock.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55433000

where'stheslope
26-12-2020, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure I agree the clubs who break rules should be deducted points instead of the other team gaining them.
The problem I see with it is that the team they were about to play then don't have a game to play?
Come the end of the season, some teams could lose league positions with 3 or 4 games not played!!!

wandering_hibee
26-12-2020, 09:55 AM
3-0 wins for Motherwell and Hamilton "on hold" pending the outcome of appeals from St Mirren and Kilmarnock.

Quite right, Motherwell and St Mirren should not gain through others indiscretion.

Billy Whizz
26-12-2020, 10:04 AM
Quite right, Motherwell and St Mirren should not gain through others indiscretion.

Motherwell and Hamilton you mean
Amended table
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/table

1van Sprou7e
26-12-2020, 10:12 AM
Good news imo. Motherwell gone from an unearned place in the top 6 to just above relegation for now

Billy Whizz
26-12-2020, 10:18 AM
Good news imo. Motherwell gone from an unearned place in the top 6 to just above relegation for now

And County get closer contact with the teams at the bottom

The 90+2
26-12-2020, 10:21 AM

Is the SPFL going to go against their own logic and add some sensibility for a change :greengrin

Keith_M
26-12-2020, 10:32 AM
As long as Hibs aren't adversely affected, they can do what they like.

hibbyfraelibby
26-12-2020, 10:55 AM
The SPFL decision to award 3-0 victories to their opponents was inconsistent with their handling of the Aberdeen situatiin at the start of the season. They bottled it then and allied with the fact they do not have the powers to apply these defeats they now have to dig themselves out of a mess of their own making.

The teams being awarded the points gained a grossly unfair advantage over teams who had already played the miscreants. Motherwell in particular.

Best action would be to deduct 3 points for games postponed and play the actual games. That way the opponents have to earn their points and the offenders can mitigate the points penalty but not gain from it.

Eyrie
26-12-2020, 11:07 AM
The SPFL decision to award 3-0 victories to their opponents was inconsistent with their handling of the Aberdeen situatiin at the start of the season. They bottled it then and allied with the fact they do not have the powers to apply these defeats they now have to dig themselves out of a mess of their own making.

The teams being awarded the points gained a grossly unfair advantage over teams who had already played the miscreants. Motherwell in particular.

Best action would be to deduct 3 points for games postponed and play the actual games. That way the opponents have to earn their points and the offenders can mitigate the points penalty but not gain from it.

I like the idea of penalising the club that caused the problem without rewarding their opponent.

Besides, there's still enough time left to fit in the outstanding games. If these haven't been played by the split, then award Motherwell and Hamilton their average points per game for the unplayed fixtures. That creates an incentive for them to play as winning the postponed game gains three points which is more than avoiding.

EI255
27-12-2020, 02:35 PM
I think both teams will win their appeals. And rightly so.

27-12-2020, 03:27 PM
It happened in Italy with the Juve vs Napoli game. Juve were awarded a 3-0 win but Napoli won the appeal and the game is going to be played in the future.

ancient hibee
27-12-2020, 03:36 PM
Is the SPFL going to go against their own logic and add some sensibility for a change :greengrin

No because the appeals are to the SFA.

Billy Whizz
27-12-2020, 04:49 PM
I agree with the Motherwell manager, to announce this on the day of a match is atrocious
Could have waited until Sunday/Monday

Iggy Pope
27-12-2020, 05:45 PM
As long as Hibs aren't adversely affected, they can do what they like.

This could be the most blinkered post yet. Or the daftest.

Keith_M
27-12-2020, 05:56 PM
This could be the most blinkered post yet. Or the daftest.

Hooowwwwwww????????

Billy Whizz
14-01-2021, 12:56 PM
The appeals are this afternoon, be interesting to see how this pans out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55610371

CMurdoch
14-01-2021, 01:06 PM

Will certainly be interesting.

Monts
14-01-2021, 01:28 PM
Although the hearing is today, they're not expecting a decision until early next week.

where'stheslope
14-01-2021, 01:33 PM

SPFL/SFA quoted as saying there was no room for cancellations the season because of a tight schedule, yet they cancel the Scottish Cup and put Leagues 1+2 into storage for 3 weeks????
Have they found a new calendar or just hoping no one will notice their stupidity!!!!

Billy Whizz
14-01-2021, 01:34 PM
Although the hearing is today, they're not expecting a decision until early next week.

Said there could be a chance it’s sorted tonight
Didn’t realise it didn’t start until 6pm

CentreLine
14-01-2021, 05:48 PM
SPFL/SFA quoted as saying there was no room for cancellations the season because of a tight schedule, yet they cancel the Scottish Cup and put Leagues 1+2 into storage for 3 weeks????
Have they found a new calendar or just hoping no one will notice their stupidity!!!!

Postponement of the Scottish Cup is actually a good thing for congested fixture lists. It can be continued in to next season if necessary or cancelled all together since the big teams have not played yet. This action only has a positive effect on the chances of seeing the top two league competitions completed. The lower league teams are unlikely to need to find dates for cup games in the later stages so their three week break, if it’s only three weeks, can be easily made up.
Personally I think the authorities have done the right thing

hibbysam
14-01-2021, 07:59 PM
Postponement of the Scottish Cup is actually a good thing for congested fixture lists. It can be continued in to next season if necessary or cancelled all together since the big teams have not played yet. This action only has a positive effect on the chances of seeing the top two league competitions completed. The lower league teams are unlikely to need to find dates for cup games in the later stages so their three week break, if it’s only three weeks, can be easily made up.
Personally I think the authorities have done the right thing

We can’t afford to cancel the Scottish cup. The TV deal itself will put paid to that. Plus the prize money the non league sides would be losing out on would be horrendous.

CentreLine
14-01-2021, 08:22 PM
We can’t afford to cancel the Scottish cup. The TV deal itself will put paid to that. Plus the prize money the non league sides would be losing out on would be horrendous.

Yep but option one still works. It can run on to next season if the need arises.

Billy Whizz
15-01-2021, 02:16 PM
It is being reported that St Mirren and Kilmarnock Covid case has been settled. The result being they will cover the total cost of Celtics Dubai trip.

Made me laugh 😀

04Sauzee
15-01-2021, 03:34 PM
CLUB STATEMENT - APPEAL HEARING
SMFC Webteam
Saints News
15 January 2021
St Mirren Football Club is delighted at the Decision of the Judicial Panel at the Appeal Hearing. The Club thanks the Panel for their review of the case and their determination that the sanctions handed out by the SPFL Tribunal was excessive and inappropriate.

The decision of the Appeal hearing that the matches be rearranged is a victory for common sense and the reduction of the fine from £40,000 suspended to £20,000 with £10,000 suspended is acknowledged by the Club.

The challenges facing everyone throughout this difficult time have never been underestimated by the Club and, the Club recognises that it will always strive to do its utmost to protect its players, staff and as soon as is safe, its loyal supporters.

The Club wishes to thank all of the supporters of St Mirren for their unwavering loyalty and dedication to the team and the Club as we navigated through this process. The messages of support have encouraged the Club to stand fast and fight against the injustice that was placed upon the Club.

We would also like to thank the supporters and clubs from around the world who have shown solidarity with ourselves during this time.

We hope that as we progress through this difficult time, no other Club faces the trials and tribulations that St Mirren and Kilmarnock FC have gone through and instead a common sense and supportive approach is taken by governing bodies to support members in unprecedented times.

We would finally like to thank our legal team of Addleshaw Goddard and Robert Milligan QC for their professionalism, advice and support throughout this process.

The Club will update supporters further in due course and we look forward to finishing the season with success on the pitch.

Billy Whizz
15-01-2021, 03:38 PM
CLUB STATEMENT - APPEAL HEARING
SMFC Webteam
Saints News
15 January 2021
St Mirren Football Club is delighted at the Decision of the Judicial Panel at the Appeal Hearing. The Club thanks the Panel for their review of the case and their determination that the sanctions handed out by the SPFL Tribunal was excessive and inappropriate.

The decision of the Appeal hearing that the matches be rearranged is a victory for common sense and the reduction of the fine from £40,000 suspended to £20,000 with £10,000 suspended is acknowledged by the Club.

The challenges facing everyone throughout this difficult time have never been underestimated by the Club and, the Club recognises that it will always strive to do its utmost to protect its players, staff and as soon as is safe, its loyal supporters.

The Club wishes to thank all of the supporters of St Mirren for their unwavering loyalty and dedication to the team and the Club as we navigated through this process. The messages of support have encouraged the Club to stand fast and fight against the injustice that was placed upon the Club.

We would also like to thank the supporters and clubs from around the world who have shown solidarity with ourselves during this time.

We hope that as we progress through this difficult time, no other Club faces the trials and tribulations that St Mirren and Kilmarnock FC have gone through and instead a common sense and supportive approach is taken by governing bodies to support members in unprecedented times.

We would finally like to thank our legal team of Addleshaw Goddard and Robert Milligan QC for their professionalism, advice and support throughout this process.

The Club will update supporters further in due course and we look forward to finishing the season with success on the pitch.

A victory for common sense, and Killie won their separate appeal too

CMurdoch
15-01-2021, 03:58 PM
A victory for common sense, and Killie won their separate appeal too

The only sad side to it is the clubs have shovelled scarce cash into solicitors pockets again and have incurred £10k fines instead of suspended ones.
Good result for both but it has cost them a lot of money.

Since452
15-01-2021, 03:59 PM
At least Killie won't have a seige mentality tomorrow.

EI255
15-01-2021, 04:04 PM
Delighted with this outcome.

Take that M'orc'erwell FC!

cabbageandribs1875
15-01-2021, 04:11 PM
Delighted with this outcome.

Take that M'orc'erwell FC!

or, take that SPFL :dunno:

cabbageandribs1875
15-01-2021, 04:16 PM
motherwell and hamilton now just a point above bottom ross co

weekend fixtures

motherwell v sevco
ross co v aberdeen
hamilton v dundee utd

Keith_M
15-01-2021, 04:20 PM
Common sense prevails.

Diclonius
15-01-2021, 04:25 PM
SPFL panicked and realised if they let Celtic off scot free there would be uproar if they upheld the 3-0s.

Billy Whizz
15-01-2021, 04:33 PM
SPFL panicked and realised if they let Celtic off scot free there would be uproar if they upheld the 3-0s.

Celtic played their game against Hibs though

gbhibby
15-01-2021, 04:47 PM
Common sense prevails pity they(SPFL) let it happen in the first place.

Baldy Foghorn
15-01-2021, 04:50 PM
Was the correct decision. SPFL made a pig's ear of it

cabbageandribs1875
15-01-2021, 05:05 PM

it was the SFA judicial panel that overturned the SPFL **** up

hibbysam
15-01-2021, 05:59 PM
Yet another shambles from the SPFL. More interested in not letting Celtic play 75% of games than run our game correctly.