PDA

View Full Version : Celtic away moved to Monday night/Celtic player tests positive

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

The 90+2
30-11-2020, 03:17 PM
New date for Celtic v Hibernian | SPFL (https://spfl.co.uk/news/new-date-for-celtic-v-hibernian)

Billy Whizz
30-11-2020, 03:29 PM
Saw that, wonder why, as it doesn’t say it’s a TV game

H18 SFR
30-11-2020, 03:30 PM
Celtic must be away a Dubai trip in the new year?

davhibby
30-11-2020, 03:31 PM
Celtic must be away a Dubai trip in the new year?

That’s the only reason I can think for it

Sir David Gray
30-11-2020, 03:34 PM
Saw that, wonder why, as it doesn’t say it’s a TV game

Evening News saying the SPFL accepted a "club request" to move it.

Magpie
30-11-2020, 03:35 PM
Not all bad for us, allows us a few extra days rest/training after a busy Christmas period.

Pagan Hibernia
30-11-2020, 03:46 PM
Hopefully they’re still in crap form then... with the exception of the Scottish cup final that is.

it will be strange not having a derby this new year.

Heisenberg
30-11-2020, 04:08 PM
Not all bad for us, allows us a few extra days rest/training after a busy Christmas period.

Celtc requested it and this was apparently their reasoning.

greenlex
30-11-2020, 04:36 PM
Leeann not happy. Hibs said no to. Celtics request.and SPFL did it anyway.

https://twitter.com/leeanndempster/status/1333463983131664385?s=21

04Sauzee
30-11-2020, 04:38 PM
LD absolutely fizzing

CL0762
30-11-2020, 04:39 PM
Apologies to our supporters and our head coach. This was done without my knowledge - we said no to the original request from Celtic because the request didn’t work for our club. The SPFL appears to have agreed this without a call to the decision makers at our club. @spfl

From Dempsters Twitter.

Magpie
30-11-2020, 04:40 PM

Disappointing if they have done this without the clubs permission unless the rules state they can.

The 90+2
30-11-2020, 04:43 PM
The league pandering to Celtic shock horror.

JimBHibees
30-11-2020, 04:43 PM

Surely there would have to be agreement unless some specific clause which sounds unlikely as clubs would do the same when it suited them.

Sir David Gray
30-11-2020, 04:44 PM

That's disgraceful.

All so Celtic can go away for a few days to Dubai.

greenlex
30-11-2020, 04:46 PM
That's disgraceful.

All so Celtic can go away for a few days to Dubai.

Follow up tweet two minutes later.

We are fizzing about this - @spfl know I am leaving soon (ish) but they still have my mobile number so a call should have been easy to do - or @gmathie82 or even to our Chairman. Not good enough.

Move to Monday without asking us?

1875Sean
30-11-2020, 04:46 PM

That’s it, who’s up for protesting outside Celtic Park

DaveF
30-11-2020, 04:48 PM
I'm assuming we will be lodging an official complaint about this?

Sir David Gray
30-11-2020, 04:51 PM

I sincerely hope so, this is shocking.

Mikey_1875
30-11-2020, 04:52 PM
I don’t know if it is different this season but i’m sure in previous seasons a club has been allowed to request one fixture change a season. (Think any club who did use it used it in the first few weeks) so maybe this is why they have been allowed to carry this out. Poor form not to give a courtesy call either way though.

H18 SFR
30-11-2020, 04:53 PM
This simply doesn’t happen in other league. We continually amateurise our league. What must the SPFL sponsor think about all this...

Vault Boy
30-11-2020, 04:54 PM
Love that from Leeann. Taking no ***** and not being quite about it either.

The 90+2
30-11-2020, 04:55 PM

She’s not moving to Celtic then 😀

whiskyhibby
30-11-2020, 04:55 PM
Probably to give the new Celtic manager time to assess his squad :duck:

JimBHibees
30-11-2020, 05:38 PM
Pretty despicable way to treat one of the country's biggest clubs.

Peevemor
30-11-2020, 05:44 PM
She's not happy!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201130/6ed024b7fec6966a821c176e2d958241.jpg

gbhibby
30-11-2020, 05:50 PM
That’s it, who’s up for protesting outside Celtic Park
In East Lothian so can't travel they are in the wrong tier. Hibs should not turn up on the Monday night then see what the SPFL does.

WhileTheChief..
30-11-2020, 06:00 PM
On sportsound now.

edit, sorry trying to call LD before they finish.

Sir David Gray
30-11-2020, 06:05 PM
In East Lothian so can't travel they are in the wrong tier. Hibs should not turn up on the Monday night then see what the SPFL does.

The SPFL have broken rule G4 of their own regulations which states;

Where reasonably practicable the Board shall consult with and shall take into
account any representations made by participating Clubs before rescheduling the
date, time and/or venue of an Official Match.

andudare2
30-11-2020, 06:23 PM
In East Lothian so can't travel they are in the wrong tier. Hibs should not turn up on the Monday night then see what the SPFL does.Inform Spfl we have no intention of playing on the Monday and will turn up for original fixture date.🤣🤣

hibby rae
30-11-2020, 06:26 PM
I don’t know if it is different this season but i’m sure in previous seasons a club has been allowed to request one fixture change a season. (Think any club who did use it used it in the first few weeks) so maybe this is why they have been allowed to carry this out. Poor form not to give a courtesy call either way though.

That has defo been the case previously. However, they have also been clear since the start of this season that there weren't many spare slots to rearrange fixturea. So to move a game back two days further reduces this.

Absolutely shocking from the SPFL.

gbhibby
30-11-2020, 06:27 PM
The SPFL have broken rule G4 of their own regulations which states;

Where reasonably practicable the Board shall consult with and shall take into
account any representations made by participating Clubs before rescheduling the
date, time and/or venue of an Official Match.
When Rangers were on their UEFA Cup run they asked for matches to be changed but other clubs did not agree.
Usually clubs agree when it is moved for TV as they are compensated financially but if we don't agree and there is no TV involved club should tell the SPFL to get lost.

gbhibby
30-11-2020, 06:29 PM
Inform Spfl we have no intention of playing on the Monday and will turn up for original fixture date.🤣🤣
Remember Talin.

southern hibby
30-11-2020, 06:32 PM
I’d ask for game to be put back to original date and if they say no then I would publicly state that no Hibs team will turn up on the 11th. Imagine their face when no hibs turn up and what a stink it would cause. We’d loose the three points but I’d then ask for a tribunal to award us the points as the date was rescheduled without our concent.

We’d loose but it would raise Hibs profile when the tabloids etc take up the story. It would also show that we will not be pushed around by bullying.

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
30-11-2020, 06:32 PM
When Rangers were on their UEFA Cup run they asked for matches to be changed but other clubs did not agree.
Usually clubs agree when it is moved for TV as they are compensated financially but if we don't agree and there is no TV involved club should tell the SPFL to get lost.

The SPFL would probably just tell us they have the casting vote when two clubs can't agree on a fixture change and we would forfeit the match.

Lago
30-11-2020, 06:35 PM
Scottish football don't you just love it 😂

18Craig75
30-11-2020, 06:57 PM
Why should we endanger our players by playing them against a squad that will have travelled through 2 airports and a 6 hour flight the day before??

If one of them comes back with Covid it could totally ruin our season. Joke

EI255
30-11-2020, 07:00 PM
That's disgraceful.

All so Celtic can go away for a few days to Dubai.Without NL too.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

hibee316
30-11-2020, 07:02 PM
I’d ask for game to be put back to original date and if they say no then I would publicly state that no Hibs team will turn up on the 11th. Imagine their face when no hibs turn up and what a stink it would cause. We’d loose the three points but I’d then ask for a tribunal to award us the points as the date was rescheduled without our concent.

We’d loose but it would raise Hibs profile when the tabloids etc take up the story. It would also show that we will not be pushed around by bullying.

GGTTH

Sorry, but this is nonsense. Not turning up to a game knowing you will lose 3 points against a struggling side where we might have a chance of points?
Not for me. Ever.

Carheenlea
30-11-2020, 07:29 PM
Know our place seems to be the message.

davhibby
30-11-2020, 07:30 PM

I’m sure it was only a specific weekend at the start of the season that you could use for a friendly instead - we also did it once. They stopped that a few years ago though

Siralbertkidd
30-11-2020, 07:31 PM

How is she taking no ****? Hibs are announcing the date as a done deal, to me that is yet another roll over. She should not be directing her "fizzing" to us, she needs to direct her fire on the people running roughshod over us.

Bishop Hibee
30-11-2020, 07:53 PM
Absolute joke from the SPFL. Should Celtc be travelling abroad for a jolly during a global pandemic?

LancsHibs
30-11-2020, 07:57 PM
This is outrageous. They asked, we said no so they have changed the fixture anyway!!!!:grr: We can not take this laying down, I hope the club object in the strongest terms and if necessary take legal advise. F@*£ Celtic

kaimendhibs
30-11-2020, 08:05 PM
Inform Spfl we have no intention of playing on the Monday and will turn up for original fixture date.[emoji1787][emoji1787]I truly believe thats what Hibs should do

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

bingo70
30-11-2020, 08:07 PM
Absolute joke from the SPFL. Should Celtc be travelling abroad for a jolly during a global pandemic?

That’s the crazy thing for me.

Spfl statement makes sense to me to an extent however first of all, it’s clear the communication has been terrible. Secondly though, and the main thing, why are they being allowed to travel to Dubai during a global pandemic? Surely the clubs are under orders to minimise contact outside their own bubble to a minimum? A whole club going on their travels to a different country is far worse than 6 Aberdeen players going for a pint IMO.

Find it mad that Celtic want to go on this trip and crazy that they’re being allowed to do it.

kaimendhibs
30-11-2020, 08:07 PM
Sorry, but this is nonsense. Not turning up to a game knowing you will lose 3 points against a struggling side where we might have a chance of points?
Not for me. Ever.So roll over and take it yet again. This is an extraordinary season, time to do something extraordinary and stand up to these clowns

18Craig75
30-11-2020, 08:24 PM
Why should we endanger our players by playing them against a squad that will have travelled through 2 airports and a 6 hour flight the day before??

If one of them comes back with Covid it could totally ruin our season. Joke

Andy74
30-11-2020, 08:24 PM
Seems to be a bit of fuss about nothing. We objected, the Board ruled the way they usually do and we do seem to have been told before it was made public.

Since452
30-11-2020, 08:30 PM
Serious questions need to be asked of Celtic if they think a jaunt to Dubai is necessary during a pandemic. Do they not have a multi million pound training complex they can train at?

bingo70
30-11-2020, 08:32 PM
Seems to be a bit of fuss about nothing. We objected, the Board ruled the way they usually do and we do seem to have been told before it was made public.

Does look like Dempster has over reacted a bit to be honest.

She says she wasn’t informed but the SPFL are saying the club were told an hour before it went public.

I think the SPFL probably should have called someone at Hibs, they knew that we didn’t want the game to be changed so an explanation of why they’re siding with Celtic would have been appropriate.

Still think it’s madness Celtic are being allowed to go on this trip though.

bingo70
30-11-2020, 08:34 PM
Serious questions need to be asked of Celtic if they think a jaunt to Dubai is necessary during a pandemic. Do they not have a multi million pound training complex they can train at?

What happens if the quarantine rules for when they return to Scotland change while they’re in Dubai?

Andy74
30-11-2020, 08:36 PM

She says she wasn’t informed but the SPFL are saying the club were told an hour before it went public.

I think the SPFL probably should have called someone at Hibs, they knew that we didn’t want the game to be changed so an explanation of why they’re siding with Celtic would have been appropriate.

It might be madness but it is allowed and isn’t really relevant to the process of asking for a game to be moved over the same weekend period.

bingo70
30-11-2020, 08:42 PM
It might be madness but it is allowed and isn’t really relevant to the process of asking for a game to be moved over the same weekend period.

I know. I was agreeing with you 😉

southern hibby
30-11-2020, 08:46 PM
Not for me. Ever.

Thats fair enough, all about opinions but if they get to walk over us once it won’t stop. Probably a good job I’m not in charge cause I’m a stubborn old fart who would actually do what I said.

GGTTH

newmarket_hibbee
30-11-2020, 08:48 PM
That’s the crazy thing for me.

Spfl statement makes sense to me to an extent however first of all, it’s clear the communication has been terrible. Secondly though, and the main thing, why are they being allowed to travel to Dubai during a global pandemic? Surely the clubs are under orders to minimise contact outside their own bubble to a minimum? A whole club going on their travels to a different country is far worse than 6 Aberdeen players going for a pint IMO.

Find it mad that Celtic want to go on this trip and crazy that they’re being allowed to do it.

Maybe they are going to Dunbar and no Dubai, you heard wrong, i guess restictions might still be in force, just nae quarenteen.......:wink:

hibby rae
30-11-2020, 08:58 PM

I think the issue is we weren't consulted and asked for our opinion, a previous poster quoted the SPFL rules which state they should do so. Calling us to let us know they've decided to change the fixture is different.

However, if Hibs are stating there was no contact at all, or if the SPFL are claiming they did consult Hibs, which goes against our version. We could always ask them to produce evidence to that effect.

As others have stated though, taking a trip abroad to train also seems very irresponsible. Hypothetically, what happens if Dubai is removed from the travel list whilst Celtic are there and their squad then have to quarantine. Are all fixtures affected going to be moved again? And if so, to when exactly? Or will they just have to concede points if they can't produce a team?

Sir David Gray
30-11-2020, 09:02 PM
What happens if the quarantine rules for when they return to Scotland change while they’re in Dubai?

Professional sports teams/athletes are exempt from the quarantine rules.

Andy74
30-11-2020, 09:06 PM
I think the issue is we weren't consulted and asked for our opinion, a previous poster quoted the SPFL rules which state they should do so. Calling us to let us know they've decided to change the fixture is different.

However, if Hibs are stating there was no contact at all, or if the SPFL are claiming they did consult Hibs, which goes against our version. We could always ask them to produce evidence to that effect.

As others have stated though, taking a trip abroad to train also seems very irresponsible. Hypothetically, what happens if Dubai is removed from the travel list whilst Celtic are there and their squad then have to quarantine. Are all fixtures affected going to be moved again? And if so, to when exactly? Or will they just have to concede points if they can't produce a team?

I don’t think practically there is consultation on these things. One team asks, the other says no and the long standing practice is to allow the home team the move. There’s no real reason to look any further into the objections.

The trip might well be irresponsible but that isn’t part of this process.

hibby rae
30-11-2020, 09:14 PM

Does that apply if the Foreign Office removes them from travel lists and advises against travel between the countries though?

Us having to play a team which has been in that situation could then put our players at risk.

hibby rae
30-11-2020, 09:17 PM
I don’t think practically there is consultation on these things. One team asks, the other says no and the long standing practice is to allow the home team the move. There’s no real reason to look any further into the objections.

The trip might well be irresponsible but that isn’t part of this process.

Iain Blair has released a statement which mentions Hibs' opposition, but I would take that to be Celtic told the SPFL we had said no when we were previously approached.

I would argue, given the wider context then the reason for the trip should be considered. Fair enough if it was for a competitive fixture, but given how the SPFL have been critical at times of Scots Gov decisions etc. Why allow a team to do this. They are not helping their own case.

Andy74
30-11-2020, 09:24 PM
Iain Blair has released a statement which mentions Hibs' opposition, but I would take that to be Celtic told the SPFL we had said no when we were previously approached.

I would argue, given the wider context then the reason for the trip should be considered. Fair enough if it was for a competitive fixture, but given how the SPFL have been critical at times of Scots Gov decisions etc. Why allow a team to do this. They are not helping their own case.

In principle I’m with you, but I think the way it normally works seems to be what has happened here too.

I’m sure at some stage we will now ask for a game to be played on Monday night when it suits us!

Sylar
30-11-2020, 09:27 PM
Celtc are well within their rights to ask (even if I think they're categorically thick as **** wanting to travel to Dubai during a global pandemic), so I'm not particularly irritated by them. We were equally well within our rights to tell them to piss off, which we did.

But **** the SPFL for ignoring our objection and proceeding anyway. They're violating their own statutes in doing so, and I hope the board will be assessing their options very closely in response. Simply voicing discontent here isn't enough.

brog
30-11-2020, 09:28 PM

They are but I think that's with the expectation they're playing in officially sanctioned competitions. This is a jaunt.

hibbysam
30-11-2020, 09:38 PM
In principle I’m with you, but I think the way it normally works seems to be what has happened here too.

I’m sure at some stage we will now ask for a game to be played on Monday night when it suits us!

Whether it has happened for 22 years or not, simply agreeing to any request from any home team to move a game is a shambles without giving the away team any room for input and objection. There should be a genuine reason for moving league games, going on a jolly to Dubai isn’t one of them.

30-11-2020, 10:06 PM
Next time they are playing them at Easter Road on a Sunday after they've played a European game on the Thursday we should ask the SPFL to move it forward 2 days to the Friday. It is still within the same weekend timeframe and we, being the home team, should be favoured over them.

NAE NOOKIE
30-11-2020, 10:29 PM
Next time they are playing them at Easter Road on a Sunday after they've played a European game on the Thursday we should ask the SPFL to move it forward 2 days to the Friday. It is still within the same weekend timeframe and we, being the home team, should be favoured over them.

We would still need a reason to move the game. Celtic's trip abroad isn't actually necessary, it's just something they have decided to do. In which case all we need to say is that on the Saturday and Sunday we've arranged to have the seats in the stands washed, or we have agreed to give the players that weekend off to be with their families. or the pitch has been booked for an Edinburgh kids mini 5 a side tournament. :greengrin

By their own standards as applied to this situation they can't argue.

davhibby
30-11-2020, 11:26 PM
Surely this just opens the league up to becoming a farce? Next time we’ve gor Celtic at home we should just get it moved to the most awkward time possible

Siralbertkidd
01-12-2020, 05:46 AM
Ian Blair seems very precise on the number of years this has been an ongoing practise. I cant ever remember it happening before. Anyone able to reel off five or six examples?

Peevemor
01-12-2020, 05:52 AM
Ian Blair seems very precise on the number of years this has been an ongoing practise. I cant ever remember it happening before. Anyone able to reel off five or six examples?

It may well have happened before but the visiting club didn't complain publicly.

What annoys me more is that he speaks about it being the same "Friday to Monday fixture slot". Since when has Monday been used regularly bu the SPFL for fixtures?

green day
01-12-2020, 06:00 AM
Surely this just opens the league up to becoming a farce? Next time we’ve gor Celtic at home we should just get it moved to the most awkward time possible

Thing is, most clubs prefer a Saturday afternoon ko, it is basically what they train toward - so adjusting would inconvenience us as well.

Blair is correct that the way this works is the normal route.

However it is the fact that he didnt bother picking up the phone to Dempster that grates - he even tries to excuse it by saying they contacted Hibs and Celtic "an hour before it went public".

JimBHibees
01-12-2020, 06:13 AM
Thing is, most clubs prefer a Saturday afternoon ko, it is basically what they train toward - so adjusting would inconvenience us as well.

Blair is correct that the way this works is the normal route.

However it is the fact that he didnt bother picking up the phone to Dempster that grates - he even tries to excuse it by saying they contacted Hibs and Celtic "an hour before it went public".

Contacted doesn't mean speaking to someone it may have been an email and given Leeann's comments clearly didn't speak to her.

JimBHibees
01-12-2020, 06:17 AM
There must be something in the water in Dubai as Celtics season has turned immediately after their last two trips there. They need that trip more than ever this season.

chookyembra
01-12-2020, 06:55 AM

The league is already a farce, it is there for the benefit of 2 teams and 2 teams only, and this is a perfect example of that. To switch the fixture without consulting us is an absolute disgrace, I truly despise both of those Arse checks along with the lickspittle sheisters who are allegedly there to serve all clubs equally.
I am absolutely raging at this but not surprised.

Greenbeard
01-12-2020, 07:22 AM
Massive justification for not following "normal procedure". Blair might be within his rights to take the decision he has and inform the Board what he is doing. That doesn't mean it can't be an incompetent decision which shows unjustifiable favouritism to one team. The Board should be seeing it as such and taking action not only to reverse the decision but also to warn their employee Blair.

Pescarese
01-12-2020, 07:43 AM
If I go to Dubai I have to self-isolate for a fortnight on my return. And at present I'm not even meant to travel from Edinburgh to see my daughter in Fife. I get that elite sports travel is exempt, but a training jaunt is taking the p*ss.

neil7908
01-12-2020, 07:49 AM
If I go to Dubai I have to self-isolate for a fortnight on my return. And at present I'm not even meant to travel from Edinburgh to see my daughter in Fife. I get that elite sports travel is exempt, but a training jaunt is taking the p*ss.

Agree 100%. Showing a total lack of awareness or responsibility for their and our players in the middle of a global pandemic, all because they fancy a few days in the sun.

As others have said, we should request the next game against Celtic after they play in Europe is moved to a Saturday.

Siralbertkidd
01-12-2020, 08:07 AM

Where is Lee Wallace when you need him? Surely someone will use the Form on the Police Scotland site to draw attention to this breach of the Covid Travel Regulations?

Since452
01-12-2020, 08:23 AM

Absolutely spot on.

Jones28
01-12-2020, 08:30 AM

Absolutely. And they have a track record for players not taking things seriously.

Fogzie
01-12-2020, 08:32 AM
Maybe the SFA fax went into our Junk box. They have plenty time to change their minds

Since452
01-12-2020, 08:41 AM
Celtic being willing to put their own staff and players at risk is ****ty but it's another thing all together that they're willing to put another clubs players and staff at risk and potentially cause another club to have players miss games. All for a training session. A ****ing kick about in the sun. They really are a bunch of self entitled cretins from top to bottom including their support

nonshinyfinish
01-12-2020, 09:15 AM

They are but I think that's with the expectation they're playing in officially sanctioned competitions. This is a jaunt.

Does anyone have chapter and verse on these rules for elite sports? It would be logical that the exemption only applies for 'necessary' travel (i.e. official competition), but the rules are not always logical.

Jim44
01-12-2020, 09:41 AM
I would be surprised if their lawyers couldn’t make some sort of case for their jolly. I assume they will arrive back a day or so before the rescheduled game with us. I think I’m right in saying that despite testing, it can’t be guaranteed that none of their players is symptomlessly carrying the virus, putting our players at risk.

hibbysam
01-12-2020, 09:46 AM
Does anyone have chapter and verse on these rules for elite sports? It would be logical that the exemption only applies for 'necessary' travel (i.e. official competition), but the rules are not always logical.

‘From 10 July, the following sectors have been included in the exemption from the self-isolation requirements work category list:

elite sporting events - elite sportspersons and support workers on specified major sporting events. Read the detailed guidance for sportspersons and event organisers’

Not sure if there’s anything more up to date, that’s from https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-public-health-checks-at-borders/pages/sectoral-exemptions/

Talks about organised international competition, no idea how that works for warm weather training. Still can’t get my head around the home club having carte Blanche to do whatever they see fit with the fixture scheduling.

Carheenlea
01-12-2020, 11:17 AM
They probably thought that without fans it wouldn’t be a major problem to move a fixture, but Hibs obviously have strong reasons as to why they don’t want to move it.

Doesn’t really affect me in the grand scheme of things but this would be a game I would normally have been present at and would have been very annoyed at such a fixture change. Then again, the fans having their plans turned upside down was never a pressing concern to the games governors.

The 90+2
01-12-2020, 11:34 AM
Does that apply if the Foreign Office removes them from travel lists and advises against travel between the countries though?

Us having to play a team which has been in that situation could then put our players at risk.

They would just cancel the game until a later date. Celtic will never get punished regardless. Neither would rangers.

Theyve clearly waited until completely out of Europe meaning no Thursday game before requesting this too.

Newry Hibs
01-12-2020, 02:29 PM

Back in the day Barcelona wanted a match switched to a Tuesday night rather than the Wednesday night. The opposition refused, so Barcelona played it on Wednesday at 00:05....

BBC SPORT | Football | Other European | Barca late show delights fans (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/3077090.stm)

Billy Whizz
01-12-2020, 04:27 PM
You wonder if Hibs had earmarked some time off for our players, for a few days after the original Celtic game date

ancient hibee
01-12-2020, 05:47 PM
M

Maybe the SFA fax went into our Junk box. They have plenty time to change their minds

Nothing to do with the SFA.

green day
01-12-2020, 07:40 PM
Aberdeen wanted a time change for their match v Hibs a few months ago, Hibs refused....................and Ian Blair said hee haw about that, iirc.

hibbysam
01-12-2020, 08:36 PM
Aberdeen wanted a time change for their match v Hibs a few months ago, Hibs refused....................and Ian Blair said hee haw about that, iirc.

Not sure if it ever became official, they were wanting to move some games to a Saturday night to try and get more fans in. Hibs were against it but no sure if there was a request put in.

Smartie
01-12-2020, 08:40 PM
Back in the day Barcelona wanted a match switched to a Tuesday night rather than the Wednesday night. The opposition refused, so Barcelona played it on Wednesday at 00:05....

BBC SPORT | Football | Other European | Barca late show delights fans (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/3077090.stm)

Jose Antonia Reyes.

Were we no not linked with him once?

Iggy Pope
01-12-2020, 10:49 PM
Jose Antonia Reyes.

Were we no not linked with him once?

Given that he’s now sadly departed I fully expect one of our Twitter or FB groups to ‘hear’ that he is in talks.

Siralbertkidd
03-12-2020, 05:40 PM
Fizzing, fizzy, fizzled out. End of story, dont rake over the coals, dont upset the Weejies again. Let them go on a jolly abroad on a plane while other teams lose points for car sharing. Fairly predictable, until we stand up to them. Hope the new CEO is up for the fight.

Carheenlea
20-12-2020, 08:49 AM
I’m assuming in light of yesterday’s government announcement this game will now revert back to its original date on calendar?

Sir David Gray
20-12-2020, 09:05 AM
I’m assuming in light of yesterday’s government announcement this game will now revert back to its original date on calendar?

Because Celtic are no longer going to Dubai?

Billy Whizz
20-12-2020, 09:05 AM

You mean as in Celtic won’t be allowed to travel?

It’s on Sky TV, so should still be the Monday

Carheenlea
20-12-2020, 10:51 AM
Didn’t realise Sky had booked the fixture.

I thought game was moved at Celtic’s request/insistence to accommodate warm weather training, which they won’t now be able to do you would assume.

DH1875
20-12-2020, 11:50 AM
You mean as in Celticy won’t be allowed to travel?

It’s on Sky TV, so should still be the Monday

Our game at Ibrox is on TV as well. Not often our games away to rangers or Celtic are on TV yet alone both of them.
Also our home game against rangers is on TV. Why we playing them home and away with the space of a month?

Billy Whizz
20-12-2020, 12:43 PM
Our game at Ibrox is on TV as well. Not often our games away to rangers or Celtic are on TV yet alone both of them.
Also our home game against rangers is on TV. Why we playing them home and away with the space of a month?

Think they reverse the order of the fixtures

CMurdoch
21-12-2020, 12:32 PM
In view of Covid the SPFL need to put pressure on Celtic to catch up with their fixtures given they now have 3 outstanding games which is 2 more than any other team and they are directly involved in every outstanding game!
Given they are knocked out of every other competition currently being played home and abroad this should be easily achieved by such a big club.

hibby rae
22-12-2020, 09:42 AM

It's on the BBC gossip page that their trip is in doubt now.

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 09:53 AM
Didn’t realise Sky had booked the fixture.

I thought game was moved at Celtic’s request/insistence to accommodate warm weather training, which they won’t now be able to do you would assume.

It was moved originally at their request, but Sky then chose the game also.

mal
22-12-2020, 10:11 AM
In view of Covid the SPFL need to put pressure on Celtic to catch up with their fixtures given they now have 3 outstanding games which is 2 more than any other team and they are directly involved in every outstanding game!
Given they are knocked out of every other competition currently being played home and abroad this should be easily achieved by such a big club.

Does anyone know why their game against Aberdeen wasn't played last midweek, given that neither of them had a League Cup match? I thought the rule was that teams were supposed to play postponed fixtures at the earliest opportunity. It's a failing of the PPG calculation that if this fixture was ultimately unplayed due to COVID it would yield 2 points + for each team.

Keith_M
22-12-2020, 10:15 AM
Does anyone know why their game against Aberdeen wasn't played last midweek, given that neither of them had a League Cup match? I thought the rule was that teams were supposed to play postponed fixtures at the earliest opportunity. It's a failing of the PPG calculation that if this fixture was ultimately unplayed due to COVID it would yield 2 points + for each team.

Celtc probably didn't fancy it, because of the cup final.

It is really weird that there still doesn't seem to be any plan to play their missing fixtures yet.

neil7908
22-12-2020, 10:58 AM
It's on the BBC gossip page that their trip is in doubt now.

Shock horror! Who could have predicted this outcome...

Moulin Yarns
23-12-2020, 12:42 PM

Celtc v Aberdeen Now scheduled for February 17

Celtc v St mirren March 3

Carheenlea
01-01-2021, 10:00 PM
So Celtic are indeed travelling to Dubai for a training camp after tomorrows game against Rangers, despite government advice to avoid all but essential travel.

bingo70
01-01-2021, 10:04 PM
So Celtic are indeed travelling to Dubai for a training camp after tomorrows game against Rangers, despite government advice to avoid all but essential travel.

Interesting to see what happens if a few of the squad test positive for Covid, they’ll no doubt want the game postponed.

Speedy
01-01-2021, 10:37 PM

Disgrace

dp00
01-01-2021, 10:51 PM

Joke that government & SFA are allowing this to happen in the current circumstances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
01-01-2021, 11:34 PM
Interesting to see what happens if a few of the squad test positive for Covid, they’ll no doubt want the game postponed.

And probably want Celtic to be awarded a 3-0 win too.

DH1875
02-01-2021, 01:27 PM
Enjoy Dubai. Sure it'll be s fantastic flight :greengrin

we are hibs
03-01-2021, 08:50 PM
I see Lennon and Brown have been pictured by the side of a pool with a couple of pints. Also a video of all the Celtic players looking like theyre having a great time. Celtic fans absolutely seething

Alfred E Newman
03-01-2021, 09:00 PM
I see Lennon and Brown have been pictured by the side of a pool with a couple of pints. Also a video of all the Celtic players looking like theyre having a great time. Celtic fans absolutely seething

Wait till Sparky sets off the fire extinguisher. :devil:

dp00
03-01-2021, 09:25 PM
Surely Hibs will be asking questions about the protocol they are following over there, certainly if the pictures and videos are to be believed seems to be know sign on social distancing

Stuart93
03-01-2021, 09:28 PM
Surely Hibs will be asking questions about the protocol they are following over there, certainly if the pictures and videos are to be believed seems to be know sign on social distancing

We won’t

We don’t seem to fight our corner

Wheat Hound
03-01-2021, 09:41 PM
Looking forward to the 3-0 automatically awarded win at Parkhead kickstarting our season. All 3 goals awarded to Drey Wright too.

Sylar
03-01-2021, 10:34 PM
If even one of their players comes back from Dubai with Covid, I'd want them chucked out of all competitions for bringing the game into disrepute. They threaten the integrity and continuity of the competitions if they become unable to fulfil their fixtures by violating Government guidance to fly off and have a jolly. Totally inappropriate and stupid given the context of what's going on in the world.

Hermit Crab
03-01-2021, 10:46 PM
Some training camp that eh. Our game got moved, against our wishes for a jolly boys outing. Unbelievable.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210103/d105f5262aefb7756e985a961ae6e9b4.jpg

bingo70
03-01-2021, 10:51 PM
With new tighter lockdown restrictions coming into play tomorrow, what happens if it includes quarantining for a period of time upon return to the country?

I assume Celtic will want to just rearrange the game but I’d hope they’d get told to bolt and we will be awarded a 3-0 victory.

Also don’t see how our good friends at St Mirren can be deducted 3 points for things like car sharing when the whole Celtic squad are away on a plane together?!

Callum_62
03-01-2021, 10:57 PM
Some training camp that eh. Our game got moved, against our wishes for a jolly boys outing. Unbelievable.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210103/d105f5262aefb7756e985a961ae6e9b4.jpgTo be fair 1 photo doenst show you at all what there training camp encompasses

Will be interesting what happens if quarantine rules change

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
03-01-2021, 10:58 PM
To be fair 1 photo doenst show you at all what there training camp encompasses

Will be interesting what happens if quarantine rules change

Theres a video of them all enjoying themselves but I cant post that. I'd suggest if they're all siting scooping up then there won't be much training done tomorrow thats for sure.

matty_f
03-01-2021, 11:01 PM
Theres a video of them all enjoying themselves but I cant post that. I'd suggest if they're all siting scooping up then there won't be much training done tomorrow thats for sure.

:agree: very poor that our game has been moved to accommodate this nonsense.

Hermit Crab
03-01-2021, 11:01 PM
With new tighter lockdown restrictions coming into play tomorrow, what happens if it includes quarantining for a period of time upon return to the country?

I assume Celtic will want to just rearrange the game but I’d hope they’d get told to bolt and we will be awarded a 3-0 victory.

Also don’t see how our good friends at St Mirren can be deducted 3 points for things like car sharing when the whole Celtic squad are away on a plane together?!

Their fans would go absolutely rage if that happened and there would be protests galore, it would also give the SFA a very hard decision to make considering Lawell owns the SFA it would seem. Hope it happens. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
03-01-2021, 11:11 PM

That's exactly what would happen.

hibbysam
03-01-2021, 11:13 PM
:agree: very poor that our game has been moved to accommodate this nonsense.

Never mind our game, they are three games behind already. They had a free midweek before last seasons cup final, never had to play a catch up game, they have a free midweek this week, allowed to go to Dubai. We got it rammed down our throats that we have no free weeks to fit games into hence the tightening of rules, yet a club who had games called off due to their own players negligence don’t have to play said games for around 6 months. Carnage.

kaimendhibs
03-01-2021, 11:25 PM
Bang out of order. If the football authorities are too weak to punish them, the Scottish government should do it for them. Complete and utter pisstake

kaimendhibs
03-01-2021, 11:25 PM
Theres a video of them all enjoying themselves but I cant post that. I'd suggest if they're all siting scooping up then there won't be much training done tomorrow thats for sure.Post the video G.

The 90+2
04-01-2021, 12:50 AM
Celtic have managed to troll us, Scottish football, the Government and all their own support all in one go.

That's pretty decent going tbf. :agree:

Callum_62
04-01-2021, 01:02 AM
Post the video G.

This one maybe?

https://twitter.com/impongo22/status/1345817512693403650?s=20

I cant see how Celtic thought this would go down but any training camp doesnt involve training 24/7

Looks absolutely terrible for Celtic though, giving where we are in the world, nevermind chucking 10IAR

Also could see quarantine rules changing quite quickly

we are hibs
04-01-2021, 04:53 AM
They're 100% away for a wee jolly up. Its a nonsense. There is also absolutely zero chance those jokers at the SPFL will do anything about it if they come back with numerous cases. Half of the country seem to be in Dubai right now too.

Dmas
04-01-2021, 05:12 AM
Surely Kilmarnock and St.Mirren will have there cases thrown out now, how can you punish a club for sitting too close together on a team bus and allow another to fly to Dubai on a bender for a week

Peevemor
04-01-2021, 05:25 AM
Surely Kilmarnock and St.Mirren will have there cases thrown out now, how can you punish a club for sitting too close together on a team bus and allow another to fly to Dubai on a bender for a weekKillie & St Mirren couldn't fulfil fixtures because of Covid cases, this after having not stuck to the protocols.

If Celtic stay virus free and don't miss any fixtures then they rightly won't be sanctioned in the same way.

Callum_62
04-01-2021, 06:16 AM
They're 100% away for a wee jolly up. Its a nonsense. There is also absolutely zero chance those jokers at the SPFL will do anything about it if they come back with numerous cases. Half of the country seem to be in Dubai right now too.I don't really see anything in any of the pics I've seen that would confirm that

They haven't broken any rules but it looks pretty poor imho

Jones28
04-01-2021, 06:48 AM
I think I would piss myself laughing if Celtic had to quarantine, couldn’t fulfill fixtures and lost 2/3 games by 3-0 reverse. It would be fantastic.

Peevemor
04-01-2021, 06:55 AM
I think I would piss myself laughing if Celtic had to quarantine, couldn’t fulfill fixtures and lost 2/3 games by 3-0 reverse. It would be fantastic.

That would be the best case scenario.

Dmas
04-01-2021, 07:10 AM
Killie & St Mirren couldn't fulfil fixtures because of Covid cases, this after having not stuck to the protocols.

If Celtic stay virus free and don't miss any fixtures then they rightly won't be sanctioned in the same way.

The protocols they failed to adhere to where social distancing on the team bus and car sharing, the entire Celtic team & staff are on a plane with re-circulated air and boozing in bars in Dubai,there one covid case from a game being called off.

one of their former players was rightly chastised for doing the same thing in going to Spain and games where called off despite him returning a negative test.

Let’s not pretend what there doing here is fine n dandy as long as they come back negative, the vast majority will be living in tier 4 areas of the country and are advised like us all not to travel its very much one rule for them and another for the rest of us

Peevemor
04-01-2021, 07:17 AM
The protocols they failed to adhere to where social distancing on the team bus and car sharing, the entire Celtic team & staff are on a plane with re-circulated air and boozing in bars in Dubai,there one covid case from a game being called off.

one of their former players was rightly chastised for doing the same thing in going to Spain and games where called off despite him returning a negative test.

Let’s not pretend what there doing here is fine n dandy as long as they come back negative, the vast majority will be living in tier 4 areas of the country and are advised like us all not to travel its very much one rule for them and another for the rest of us

I'm not defending them and I think they're wrong to do what they're doing, however unless they have to forfeit a match (or more) and it's shown to be their fault, the situations aren't comparable.

Callum_62
04-01-2021, 07:28 AM
It highlights what a pigs ear the UK gov have made of this

We can't leave our council area but every day folk are flying internationally in and out of the UK with zero enforced restrictions

Surprised the SPFL agreed to this

Heisenberg
04-01-2021, 07:34 AM
How is them all sitting in a pub in Dubai different from what the Aberdeen players got ripped to pieces for? Assuming of course the pictures are from this trip.

Greenbeard
04-01-2021, 07:39 AM
So if you were coach you wouldn't schedule any down time? What would it be? 7am breakfast, 8am analysis, 10am training, 12.30 lunch, 1.15 more analysis, 3pm training, 5pm even more analysis, 6.30pm dinner, 7.30pm rehab/massage/stretch and optional analysis, 9.00pm horlicks and one phone call, 9.30pm lights out.

calumhibee1
04-01-2021, 07:51 AM
How is them all sitting in a pub in Dubai different from what the Aberdeen players got ripped to pieces for? Assuming of course the pictures are from this trip.

They are in Adidas training gear so it is a current photo.

neil7908
04-01-2021, 07:56 AM
Total and absolute disgrace that this has been allowed. Scottish football is a farce.

Moulin Yarns
04-01-2021, 08:26 AM

No club has been deducted points this season.

Speedy
04-01-2021, 08:35 AM
No club has been deducted points this season.

Technically Motherwell and Hamilton did :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
04-01-2021, 08:43 AM
Technically Motherwell and Hamilton did :greengrin

😁👍

Carheenlea
04-01-2021, 09:13 AM
I don't really see anything in any of the pics I've seen that would confirm that

They haven't broken any rules but it looks pretty poor imho

If the picture is from this trip, you’d have to ask if everyone in the picture is within their “bubble”? The two sat next to Lennon and Brown look like ordinary holiday makers.

Going to be lots of accusations, arguing over validity of photos, hearsay etc, but there is no doubting that given the current situation, regardless of testing protocol and travel corridors this is reckless and ill judged by Celtic.

Carheenlea
04-01-2021, 09:14 AM
Still, Duffy’s having a good time

https://twitter.com/delbert73/status/1345865355227492355?s=24

Keith_M
04-01-2021, 09:44 AM
Their fans would go absolutely rage if that happened and there would be protests galore, it would also give the SFA a very hard decision to make considering Lawell owns the SFA it would seem. Hope it happens. :greengrin

That would be very funny to watch.

:greengrin

kaimendhibs
04-01-2021, 09:57 AM
We are told to stay in our own postcode area. Ive had all my holidays cancelled like many others. But Celtc are able to go on a jolly to Dubai. The whole thing stinks and I cant believe that anyone would defend them

Peevemor
04-01-2021, 10:02 AM
We are told to stay in our own postcode area. Ive had all my holidays cancelled like many others. But Celtc are able to go on a jolly to Dubai. The whole thing stinks and I cant believe that anyone would defend them

I don't think anybody is defending them.

Callum_62
04-01-2021, 10:02 AM

Sent from my SM-G973F using TapatalkI can book a flight to multiple country via tui right now

Would I? No but, as galling as it is I don't think hey have broken any rules

That doesn't mean it's not a pretty poor decision for them to go which makes them look very very insensitive

Intersting to see what happens to quarantine rules at 2pm

hibbysam
04-01-2021, 10:05 AM
I can book a flight to multiple country via tui right now

Would I? No but, as galling as it is I don't think hey have broken any rules

That doesn't mean it's not a pretty poor decision for them to go which makes them look very very insensitive

Intersting to see what happens to quarantine rules at 2pm

Wasn’t it made illegal to travel to the airport? It’s not illegal to fly out but it is going against the ‘essential travel only’ message by the government. Fairly sure there were only certain exemptions like medical reasons, essential work and compassionate reasons.

hibee-boys
04-01-2021, 10:08 AM
Is there a news conference today and if so would a brave journalist ask her opinion if this is deemed to be essential travel for work? I say brave because most of the press are that up the Old Firms axxxx they normally wouldn’t dare!

chookyembra
04-01-2021, 10:09 AM
This is another reason why I despise both Celtic and Rangers. Our game is tiered to pamper to them and only them. Favours from the SPFL and the SFA to ridiculous refereeing decisions going in their favour and now something like this. It’s an absolute disgrace that they can get away with rearranging our game with them for this boys jolly. I hope, but very much doubt, they get absolutely hammered by the authorities.

Keith_M
04-01-2021, 10:11 AM
How long is the flight to Dubai? About eight hours?

Presumably the players are sitting in close proximity to each other on the plane for a lot longer than the St Mirren players were on their bus.

Will the Celtc players all be sitting in their 'assigned seats' and socially distancing around the pool and at dinner?

Peevemor
04-01-2021, 10:12 AM
This is another reason why I despise both Celtic and Rangers. Our game is tiered to pamper to them and only them. Favours from the SPFL and the SFA to ridiculous refereeing decisions going in their favour and now something like this. It’s an absolute disgrace that they can get away with rearranging our game with them for this boys jolly. I hope, but very much doubt, they get absolutely hammered by the authorities.

Hibs (or anyone else) could have done the same thing had they wanted. Thankfully our club has more sense.

Sir David Gray
04-01-2021, 10:15 AM
Is there a news conference today and if so would a brave journalist ask her opinion if this is deemed to be essential travel for work? I say brave because most of the press are that up the Old Firms axxxx they normally wouldn’t dare!

There's a statement being read out in parliament at 2pm today when the lockdown rules are expected to be tightened but there's no journalists involved. I think the normal briefings return tomorrow.

Keith_M
04-01-2021, 10:23 AM
Hibs (or anyone else) could have done the same thing had they wanted. Thankfully our club has more sense.

Any club other than Celtc or Rangers would have been ripped apart by the Media for doing this.

It's exactly the same self-censorship by the Media that stopped the newspapers that reported on the vile sectarian abuse of the Celtc players outside Ibrox at the weekend from daring to name them as Rangers Fans (which is quite clearly what they were).

LeithMike
04-01-2021, 10:26 AM
https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/03/pope-francis-condemns-travelling-abroad-to-escape-coronavirus-lockdowns?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16097590858677&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fworld %2F2021%2Fjan%2F03%2Fpope-francis-condemns-travelling-abroad-to-escape-coronavirus-lockdowns

Looks like Celtic are at odds with the Pope's views too. I had previously thought that this was ok by Celtic - surely getting out of the UK lessens your chances of getting coronavirus - but this is probably the time when clubs need to be showing solidarity with their local communities.

Jetting off to Dubai at, what is hopefully, the peak of the pandemic kind of sends the message that you are above it and makes you wonder whether they should actually have the privilege of playing football at this time.

Saying that, I know that some families will be in a desperate situation and need a break to get through the next couple of months. I hope the Scottish Gov's updated lockdown measures recognise the need for respite. The more legislation/rules that are introduced then the less room there is for compassion.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Latapy'sVolley
04-01-2021, 10:41 AM
Without sounding like a Jambo, think this is the SPFL's fault.

Terribly judged and insensitive decision from Celtic with all that's going on, getting snapped by the pool with beers is a bad look, but technically haven't broken rules as it's a "work trip".

Yet because the SPFL that have already OK'd this, that'll probably mean there'll be no consequences for Celtic.

Since452
04-01-2021, 10:44 AM
Imagine the outrage if we or St Mirren decided to go on a jolly to Dubai

GreenCastle
04-01-2021, 10:46 AM

Professional sport is considered differently to what is happening else where - that’s listed on the government website.

They are testing more regularly than others - quite simply.

Doesn’t mean it’s right but the government have allowed football teams to travel all over the country - that includes the lowland league and even some leagues I’ve never heard of in Scotland plus the Women’s top 2 leagues which aren’t professional either.

Bit of an exaggeration they are boozing in bars as a picture with a beer is a slightly different story. Airports are still open with people flying all over the place still - Celtic went on a private plane.

I’m not defending them as think it’s bad enough to go away after their awful season so far and that’s before we are in this pandemic. Whoever made that decision at the club will surely be sweating with the backlash - especially since they lost the last old firm. If they won that game there would be less folk moaning but instead if you have angry Celtic and Rangers fans plus other clubs going after them.

It maybe shows the standards / mess they are in that they think these standards are acceptable. They surely would have known pictures would be taken of their behaviour as someone wants to catch them out.

Minor detail Scotland had a level system - England Tiers.

JimBHibees
04-01-2021, 10:59 AM
Any club other than Celtc or Rangers would have been ripped apart by the Media for doing this

We and all other teams OF apart would have been vilified and ridiculed and rightly so.

HibeeHibernian4
04-01-2021, 11:03 AM
Couldn't give a toss what they get up to once they're in Dubai. The fact that they are there full stop is an absolute disgrace. Zero scrutiny in this country of what the Old Firm get up to. Allowed to do whatever they like and you better not question it or you'll have 50000 of them harassing you.

gbhibby
04-01-2021, 11:13 AM
Celtic may have not broken any rules but as a new strain of the virus has been identified they should have cancelled the trip and acted responsibly. People in this country are being told to work from home where possible. Is Celtics trip essential for work, debatable, they are not playing in a recognised competition.

If I was a celtic season ticket holder I would be annoyed at the club spending money on a non essential trip(they can train at home) whilst some of season ticket holders are struggling financially due to the pandemic.

Hope they get caught breaking the protocols.

Carheenlea
04-01-2021, 11:46 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/hPPrDZ8p/A66733-C1-FFC3-4-BBE-9-C74-64-AC6-DDAE241.jpg (https://postimg.cc/kDz8wcpb)

Keith_M
04-01-2021, 11:52 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/hPPrDZ8p/A66733-C1-FFC3-4-BBE-9-C74-64-AC6-DDAE241.jpg (https://postimg.cc/kDz8wcpb)

:faf:

Callum_62
04-01-2021, 11:52 AM
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1346071418455412737?s=19

[emoji51]

gbhibby
04-01-2021, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=Callum_62;6407451]https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1346071418455412737?s=19

[emoji51]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
The Rangers fans will be annoyed as they will have to agree with something the Pope says.

Scottie
04-01-2021, 12:11 PM
When is this bunch of chumps back from their jolly and when will they be tested prior to being anywhere near any of our players :dunno:

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-01-2021, 12:17 PM
They should have been told to reschedule their postponed game with Aberdeen this week instead of being told to enjoy their holibobs by the SPL.

gbhibby
04-01-2021, 12:26 PM
They should have been told to reschedule their postponed game with Aberdeen this week instead of being told to enjoy their holibobs by the SPFL.
Agree. They should make them play their games in hand on Monday Wednesday and Friday of the same week since they have had a nice wee holiday.

CentreLine
04-01-2021, 12:35 PM
I suspect that the Scottish Government will announce a full lockdown this afternoon and that it will include a legally enforceable “stay at home” rule.
Obviously there will be exceptions but I wonder how that might affect the Celtic employees returning from abroad???
Also interesting, if somewhat concerning, as to what that might mean for currently exempt professional sports 🤔

We should be a little clearer in half an hour’s time or shortly thereafter

HibeeHibernian4
04-01-2021, 01:58 PM
Really wish Hibs would go on the warpath with this. Don’t care if nothing comes of it just expose how easy a ride both halves of the OF get in this country.

Callum_62
04-01-2021, 02:04 PM
I suspect that the Scottish Government will announce a full lockdown this afternoon and that it will include a legally enforceable “stay at home” rule.
Obviously there will be exceptions but I wonder how that might affect the Celtic employees returning from abroad???
Also interesting, if somewhat concerning, as to what that might mean for currently exempt professional sports [emoji848]

We should be a little clearer in half an hour’s time or shortly thereafterIf flights continue to be allowed back into the UK then people will be allowed to travel home

Couldn't do anything else

superfurryhibby
04-01-2021, 02:09 PM
They shouldn’t be travelling abroad. In the current circumstances It’s unnecessary and amounts to taking the piss, whether it’s allowed or not.

hibbysam
04-01-2021, 03:06 PM
They shouldn’t be travelling abroad. In the current circumstances It’s unnecessary and amounts to taking the piss, whether it’s allowed or not.

They may be able to do it, but it goes against all advice and guidance. They’re not wee Joe down the road that wants to go against the government so has swanned off to Dubai in protestation, they’re a professional football team in the middle of a competition who should not only be setting an example, but minimising the risk of infection.

EI255
04-01-2021, 04:59 PM
They shouldn’t be travelling abroad. In the current circumstances It’s unnecessary and amounts to taking the piss, whether it’s allowed or not.Tbf, it's no worse than Euro clubs playing each other during recent months. There have even been central European clubs holding Turkish training camps. It happens.

hibbysam
04-01-2021, 05:04 PM
Tbf, it's no worse than Euro clubs playing each other during recent months. There have even been central European clubs holding Turkish training camps. It happens.

Going on a training camp to Dubai in the middle of a season is no worse than playing in a European cup competition? Especially in a season where they are multiple games behind and this is a free midweek.

Callum_62
04-01-2021, 05:30 PM
https://twitter.com/PeterAdamSmith/status/1346156486871949313?s=19

B.H.F.C
04-01-2021, 05:33 PM

Shame they didn’t ask them to consider it a couple of weeks back. It’s not as if it was a big secret that they were going.

calumhibee1
04-01-2021, 05:38 PM
Still baffling this has been allowed to happen in the first place. I just cannot imagine this happening in other leagues where games get moved to allow another team to go on a trip abroad.

superfurryhibby
04-01-2021, 05:42 PM
Tbf, it's no worse than Euro clubs playing each other during recent months. There have even been central European clubs holding Turkish training camps. It happens.

We could probably debate the wisdom of even playing international and European club football since the season started, but you didn’t need to be Mystic Meg to guess that lockdown would be tightened up post festive period.

Football in Scotland has been given a lot of leeway in my opinion and this isn’t even about playing in a money generating competition. It’s about players enjoying warm weather training.

Speaking as someone who doesn’t know when they’ll next see their children ( who live in Spain), Celtic are doing the wider Scottish game no favours by indulging themselves. The government have previously highlighted their dissatisfaction with the behaviour of clubs and their players. Football is treading on thin ice and good will is being stretched to the limits. Self regulation doesn’t seem to work with some clubs. In my opinion Celtic are being foolish.

superfurryhibby
04-01-2021, 05:44 PM

The very point I was making.

EI255
04-01-2021, 05:45 PM
Turkish football news:-

More than 2,000 national and international football teams and nearly 1,000 teams from other branches of sports will train in Antalya between January and March.

Stunning or what?

gbhibby
04-01-2021, 05:55 PM
We could probably debate the wisdom of even playing international and European club football since the season started, but you didn’t need to be Mystic Meg to guess that lockdown would be tightened up post festive period.

Football in Scotland has been given a lot of leeway in my opinion and this isn’t even about playing in a money generating competition. It’s about players enjoying warm weather training.

Speaking as someone who doesn’t know when they’ll next see their children ( who live in Spain), Celtic are doing the wider Scottish game no favours by indulging themselves. The government have previously highlighted their dissatisfaction with the behaviour of clubs and their players. Football is treading on thin ice and good will is being stretched to the limits. Self regulation doesn’t seem to work with some clubs. In my opinion Celtic are being foolish.

Couldn't put it any better myself. I know people who have been working from home for 8 months and firms that are being responsible. A lot of Celtic fans are not happy. Going to play a match in a competition is fine as it is work. Celtic can train in this country so is their journey necessary?

hibbysam
04-01-2021, 05:58 PM
Turkish football news:-

More than 2,000 national and international football teams and nearly 1,000 teams from other branches of sports will train in Antalya between January and March.

Stunning or what?

Turkish team training in turkey? Imagine that right.

Since452
04-01-2021, 05:59 PM
Celtic 0 Hibs 3

Aldo
04-01-2021, 06:02 PM
Celtic 0 Hibs 3

Dream on if you think that’ll happen.

They should be forced to quarantine on their return plain and simple! Should they be required to do so like other travellers!

Edit: just checked and UAE is on the exempt list so they don’t need to quarantine

Peevemor
04-01-2021, 06:23 PM
Shame they didn’t ask them to consider it a couple of weeks back. It’s not as if it was a big secret that they were going.I wouldn't be surprised if both Celtic & the football authorities had been contacted informally by someone from the SG before now.

calumhibee1
04-01-2021, 06:27 PM
https://twitter.com/celticfc/status/1346168206805917696?s=21

Laughable response

Peevemor
04-01-2021, 06:29 PM
https://twitter.com/celticfc/status/1346168206805917696?s=21

Laughable responseI'm not sticking up for Celtic (I think they're wrong to have gone), but what's laughable about it?

hibbysam
04-01-2021, 06:31 PM
I'm not sticking up for Celtic (I think they're wrong to have gone), but what's laughable about it?

That they’re saying the rules only changed today, however a jolly to Dubai isn’t and never has been essential for a football team, when they have a training base in Glasgow, fit and ready to use. They’ve broken the rules and trying to pin the blame elsewhere.

calumhibee1
04-01-2021, 06:33 PM
I'm not sticking up for Celtic (I think they're wrong to have gone), but what's laughable about it?

The fact they are hiding behind an agreed position from ‘months ago’ despite the rapid change in case numbers since late November. Even though they could see things were getting worse they still chose to go ahead with the trip rather than cancel.

If we are all adjusting our plans as things change then surely Celtic should be as well

Peevemor
04-01-2021, 06:33 PM
That they’re saying the rules only changed today, however a jolly to Dubai isn’t and never has been essential for a football team, when they have a training base in Glasgow, fit and ready to use. They’ve broken the rules and trying to pin the blame elsewhere.Morally they're in the wrong, but they haven't broken any rules by going away.

hibbysam
04-01-2021, 06:36 PM
Morally they're in the wrong, but they haven't broken any rules by going away.

The guidance is clear, all but essential travel is not permitted. It’s not morally wrong, it’s clearly breaking the rules set out by the Government.

Peevemor
04-01-2021, 06:36 PM
The fact they are hiding behind an agreed position from ‘months ago’ despite the rapid change since in case numbers late November. Even though they could see things were getting worse they still chose to go ahead with the trip rather than cancel.I don't find it laughable. Their response is correct even if their actions are questionable.

Eyrie
04-01-2021, 06:37 PM
Celtc are taking the piss here and need to be punished for it. The rest of the country is in lockdown. schools are closed, group exercise is banned and we're not meant to even leave our own homes except for essential travel, yet a bunch of over paid underperforming idiots can swan off to another country?

As others have pointed out, they are already behind with games and should have played this midweek.

But since we all know the football authorities are ****scared of the Ugly Sisters, nothing will be done.

calumhibee1
04-01-2021, 06:38 PM
I don't find it laughable. Their response is correct even if their actions are questionable.

Fair enough. Probably in the minority there though.

Peevemor
04-01-2021, 06:40 PM
The guidance is clear, all but essential travel is not permitted. It’s not morally wrong, it’s clearly breaking the rules set out by the Government.Not according to Celtic who say they had government approval. I doubt they'd state that if they couldn't back it up.

They could also probably find an argument to show that it's essential. Why else would clubs spend 10s of thousands of pounds taking their squads away if they felt it wasn't needed?

superfurryhibby
04-01-2021, 06:40 PM
Scottish Government goodwill toward football is evaporating rapidly. I’ll not be surprised to see all football suspended soon enough.

Peevemor
04-01-2021, 06:43 PM
Fair enough. Probably in the minority there though.For a change! [emoji16]

As I say I think they're wrong to have gone, but if the trip was approved by the authorities as claimed, then the same authorities shouldn't be publicly criticising them now. Rules are rules.

hibbysam
04-01-2021, 06:44 PM
Not according to Celtic who say they had government approval. I doubt they'd state that if they couldn't back it up.

They could also probably find an argument to show that it's essential. Why else would clubs spend 10s of thousands of pounds taking their squads away if they felt it wasn't needed?

Through the joint response group, the last time I checked the government weren’t on the JRG, although that may be wrong.

Why would it be essential? Essential to them training? They have training pitches both indoor and outdoor in Glasgow. If it is performance related then that isn’t essential. Clubs do it normally in the winter during a break, for warm weather, a ‘nice to have’ if you will.

superfurryhibby
04-01-2021, 06:47 PM
For a change! [emoji16]

As I say I think they're wrong to have gone, but if the trip was approved by the authorities as claimed, then the same authorities shouldn't be publicly criticising them now. Rules are rules.

Does the Scottish Government have a facility to approve a foreign trip by a football club. I wouldn’t think so.

It is simply a case of it being allowed or not allowed. I’ll not be holding my breath waiting to see evidence of this approval

Peevemor
04-01-2021, 06:49 PM
Through the joint response group, the last time I checked the government weren’t on the JRG, although that may be wrong.

Why would it be essential? Essential to them training? They have training pitches both indoor and outdoor in Glasgow. If it is performance related then that isn’t essential. Clubs do it normally in the winter during a break, for warm weather, a ‘nice to have’ if you will.I'm not defending them, but I think they'll be able to defend themselves quite easily.

They'll have to be squeaky clean following all the protocols though as I think they'll get hammered for the slightest transgression.

hibbysam
04-01-2021, 06:52 PM
I'm not defending them, but I think they'll be able to defend themselves quite easily.

They'll have to be squeaky clean following all the protocols though as I think they'll get hammered for the slightest transgression.

You think? The Government sounded quite stern tonight that the trip shouldn’t have happened. The JRG is just a few members of the SFA and the SPFL - nobody from the government is on it. Essential to me is something that had to happen, they had no choice other than to go. The fact the other 11 clubs are remaining in Scotland and Celtic don’t this every single week pre game then that says to me it isn’t essential.

I won’t hold my breath on the SFA/SPFL worrying about it tho, just like I’m not surprised that they gave permission to go.

chookyembra
04-01-2021, 06:56 PM
Timeline is interesting, it was agreed on the 12th November but they didn’t let us know about it until 30th November. Celtic must have had everything booked by the 12th then and hence why we had no say in the fixture change.
I truly despise Celtic and the SPFL/SFA.

The 90+2
04-01-2021, 06:58 PM
Like I said yesterday

Celtic have managed to troll the best in the world here.

Hibs Rangers SFA government and their own fans.
What a fishing trip.

Peevemor
04-01-2021, 06:59 PM
You think? The Government sounded quite stern tonight that the trip shouldn’t have happened. The JRG is just a few members of the SFA and the SPFL - nobody from the government is on it. Essential to me is something that had to happen, they had no choice other than to go. The fact the other 11 clubs are remaining in Scotland and Celtic don’t this every single week pre game then that says to me it isn’t essential.

I won’t hold my breath on the SFA/SPFL worrying about it tho, just like I’m not surprised that they gave permission to go.They're saying that they got SG approval. If they're lying then they're even dafter than I thought.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210104/e6c42dc468ae9c83f0e9aa0c3da3250d.jpg

hibbysam
04-01-2021, 07:10 PM
They're saying that they got SG approval. If they're lying then they're even dafter than I thought.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210104/e6c42dc468ae9c83f0e9aa0c3da3250d.jpg

Opening tweet said ‘through the joint response group’.

Rumble de Thump
04-01-2021, 07:10 PM
I'm not defending them, but I think they'll be able to defend themselves quite easily.

Video clips of the players already show they have not been socially distancing. That's against the protocols even when teams are abroad playing necessary games for European competitions.

PolmontHibby
04-01-2021, 07:17 PM
Scot Gov guidance has been consistent for a while "people who live in Scotland must not undertake any non-essential overseas travel".

If the Joint Response Group did give approval mid November for a jaunt to the sun they should explain themselves.
And if senior management at Celtic have not noticed things have changed since mid November, they are deluded are taking the pi$$.

Rumble de Thump
04-01-2021, 07:17 PM
Last I heard the joint response group consisted of Rod Petrie, Ian Maxwell, Neil Doncaster and Dr John MacLean. The Scottish Government did give teams the green light to travel abroad, but that was obviously to fulfil competitive fixtures. I've heard Jason Leitch talk about how they have asked teams to take every possible precaution, use their common sense etc. He mentioned this sort of thing when clubs were having team photos taken. That was an unnecessary risk. So is travelling abroad for a training camp.

mal
04-01-2021, 07:56 PM
Given that there are no midweek fixtures again, this would have been an ideal opportunity to play the postponed (because of previous COVID breaches) Aberdeen game instead of going for a jolly.

bingo70
04-01-2021, 07:59 PM
Given that there are no midweek fixtures again, this would have been an ideal opportunity to play the postponed (because of previous COVID breaches) Aberdeen game instead of going for a jolly.

Same applies next week.

Celtic could have caught up with one of their games then but they had to have their game against us put back to the Monday so that no doubt rules out another midweek for them.

Apologies if they’re playing again on the Thursday, I’ve not checked though.

hibbysam
04-01-2021, 08:02 PM
Same applies next week.

Celtic could have caught up with one of their games then but they had to have their game against us put back to the Monday so that no doubt rules out another midweek for them.

Apologies if they’re playing again on the Thursday, I’ve not checked though.

20th January - Livingston
17th February - Aberdeen
3rd March - St Mirren

That’s their three rearranged games. Should’ve been done next week, one the midweek before the Scottish cup final, one this midweek and then the other next midweek.

GreenCastle
04-01-2021, 08:14 PM
17th February - Aberdeen
3rd March - St Mirren

That’s their three rearranged games. Should’ve been done next week, one the midweek before the Scottish cup final, one this midweek and then the other next midweek.

Thing is though they have been masters of their own downfall.

The carry on with Bolingoli and then other matches postponed meant they have been playing catch up to Rangers. Psychologically the gap and pressure increased as Rangers rack up the points.

They could return from Dubai and be 22 points behind as Rangers play Aberdeen Sunday and Celtic play us Monday.

bingo70
04-01-2021, 08:44 PM
17th February - Aberdeen
3rd March - St Mirren

Definitely.

There’ll be other postponed games between now and then. They’ll be the first to moan about congested fixture lists as well.

Alex Trager
04-01-2021, 08:50 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210104/612d283ef2d2a6c19045e7fdd7f4a74c.jpg
Not sure if this is true or if it’s been posted previously, seems they have broken a few of these rules already.

Hibby70
04-01-2021, 10:10 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210104/612d283ef2d2a6c19045e7fdd7f4a74c.jpg
Not sure if this is true or if it’s been posted previously, seems they have broken a few of these rules already.

It's ok because they've signed that old couple on the sunloungers next to them as backup to Duffy and Barkas

superfurryhibby
04-01-2021, 11:04 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55535738

Hope this all unravels for them, selfish *****.

Scorrie
05-01-2021, 07:16 AM
I hope we pump them sideways next Monday. The arrogance is breathtaking.

Moulin Yarns
05-01-2021, 07:52 AM

The Scottish government has a chance to make an example of Celtc, a simple way would be to add UAE to the countries that require a 14 days of quarantine, and if they break it then the SPFL will have to act. Forfeit matches during the quarantine period, the precedent has been set.

The risk of the Scottish government issuing the red card to professional football is high and should be enough for the SPFL and sfa to act.

superfurryhibby
05-01-2021, 08:25 AM
The Scottish government has a chance to make an example of Celtc, a simple way would be to add UAE to the countries that require a 14 days of quarantine, and if they break it then the SPFL will have to act. Forfeit matches during the quarantine period, the precedent has been set.

The risk of the Scottish government issuing the red card to professional football is high and should be enough for the SPFL and sfa to act.

In the current climate with the increased risk of infection due to new strains of virus, there are many of us experiencing anguish from being unable to see loved ones, worrying about their jobs and feeling isolated. In these circumstances, Celtic’s decision to go ahead with the trip is bound to have consequences, one way or another.

It would be a highly unpopular decision if the Government were to suspend all football. On the other hand it would send out a strong message, saying that no one is exempt from compliance. I fear that the game is just about up the pole.

Peevemor
05-01-2021, 08:43 AM

They won't add the UAE to the quarantine list because of some dafty football team.

If, as Celtic have claimed, the football authorities okayed the trip then it's probably too late for them to do anything.

Since452
05-01-2021, 08:48 AM
Did Celtic not effectively sack a player for showing poor judgement by traveling abroad?

Moulin Yarns
05-01-2021, 08:52 AM
They won't add the UAE to the quarantine list because of some dafty football team.

If, as Celtic have claimed, the football authorities okayed the trip then it's probably too late for them to do anything.

Foreign office advice page mentions cases of UK citizens returning from dubai with Covid-19, and also cases of legionnaires disease. Yesterday UAE had over 1500 new cases,

Close the border 😁

Speedy
05-01-2021, 08:56 AM

It's a total disgrace on Celtic's part, but not great on the Scottish Government's either. They've known for ages that Celtic were going away. They could’ve made these comments last week before they went (privately or publicly) and turned a bad example into a good example.

Moulin Yarns
05-01-2021, 09:09 AM
It's a total disgrace on Celtic's part, but not great on the Scottish Government's either. They've known for ages that Celtic were going away. They could’ve made these comments last week before they went (privately or publicly) and turned a bad example into a good example.

Maybe the government were having a holiday and stuffing themselves full of turkey? 😉

Coco Bryce
05-01-2021, 09:10 AM
The Scot Gov Ok'ed the trip in November.

A hell of a lot has changed since then.

superfurryhibby
05-01-2021, 09:24 AM

I suspect the Scottish Government have more to do than cogitate on whether Celtic are going on holiday to Dubai.

I wonder about Border Control. Surely they must do some policing at airports, asking the basis for ones travel etc.

The Count
05-01-2021, 09:28 AM
Irrespective of the authorities allowing this trip its extremely bad judgement by the club in these horrible times.

Peevemor
05-01-2021, 09:35 AM
Irrespective of the authorities allowing this trip its extremely bad judgement by the club in these horrible times.

That's what it comes down to for me.

It's like crossing the road at a junction - if a car comes hurtling around the corner you're better off stopping to let it pass whether you have right of way or not.

Jones28
05-01-2021, 09:36 AM

It's a PR disaster for them, especially when the relationship they have with their own fans is strained.

JimBHibees
05-01-2021, 09:58 AM

Couldn't agree more horrific pr for them when their fans will already be hugely negative towards them in saying that their form post Dubai in last few seasons has been very good so obviously Dubai has some magical qualities for them.

HibeeHibernian4
05-01-2021, 10:23 AM
It's a PR disaster for them, especially when the relationship they have with their own fans is strained.

You'd be surprise how little bad PR affects a club who are utterly shameless.

ABZHFC
05-01-2021, 10:33 AM
This entire episode sums up why I despise Celtic Football Club.

Swanning off to Dubai (in a country that has a terrible human rights record) for a jolly-up while Scotland gets put under a heavy national lockdown, for a meaningless training camp that has resulted in them forcing a fixture to be rearranged without our consent.

Their stupid Weegie fans than have the nerve to turn round and pretend they are cheated by the Scottish FA, as opposed to being one of only two clubs who would get away with pulling nonsense like this?

A club that has been corrupt since the day it was formed, and if there was any justice we'd stick five past those ***** on Monday night.

Also, as an add-on. Does anyone else seriously suspect that Celtic are deliberately avoiding playing their games in hand so they can hold out for a null-and-void scenario around the end of this month if professional sport is stopped? No rearranged game before the cup final in December when the midweek was free for them and Aberdeen to play, no game this midweek because of their Dubai trip, and no midweek game next week because they have conveniently pushed our games back 48 hours. I genuinely wouldn't put it past that lot, and as much as it hurts me to say given how much I ****ing hate the Huns, seeing 10 in a row fall at the last hurdle will give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

**** those horrible Celtic *******s

Sean1875
05-01-2021, 10:38 AM
This entire episode sums up why I despise Celtic Football Club.

Swanning off to Dubai (in a country that has a terrible human rights record) for a jolly-up while Scotland gets put under a heavy national lockdown, for a meaningless training camp that has resulted in them forcing a fixture to be rearranged without our consent.

Their stupid Weegie fans than have the nerve to turn round and pretend they are cheated by the Scottish FA, as opposed to being one of only two clubs who would get away with pulling nonsense like this?

A club that has been corrupt since the day it was formed, and if there was any justice we'd stick five past those ***** on Monday night.

Also, as an add-on. Does anyone else seriously suspect that Celtic are deliberately avoiding playing their games in hand so they can hold out for a null-and-void scenario around the end of this month if professional sport is stopped? No rearranged game before the cup final in December when the midweek was free for them and Aberdeen to play, no game this midweek because of their Dubai trip, and no midweek game next week because they have conveniently pushed our games back 48 hours. I genuinely wouldn't put it past that lot, and as much as it hurts me to say given how much I ****ing hate the Huns, seeing 10 in a row fall at the last hurdle will give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

**** those horrible Celtic *******s

Hate to do it but to their fairness, ive seen quite a lot of Celtc fans on social media saying the same as a lot of us that its utterly ridiculous that their team has gone away in the current circumstances and they're not happy with it.
As you say though only two teams that would have the utter arrogance to ever do something like this knowing fine well theyll get away with it.

ABZHFC
05-01-2021, 10:42 AM
Hate to do it but to their fairness, ive seen quite a lot of Celtc fans on social media saying the same as a lot of us that its utterly ridiculous that their team has gone away in the current circumstances and they're not happy with it.
As you say though only two teams that would have the utter arrogance to ever do something like this knowing fine well theyll get away with it.

Oh yeah, I agree, a lot of their fans have been fair in calling this particular episode out as being a PR disaster and morally questionable. My point is more that in a year's time, they'll all be back to bleating about conspiracies and how the whole of Scottish football is rigged against them, rather than remembering things like this

Speedy
05-01-2021, 10:55 AM
I suspect the Scottish Government have more to do than cogitate on whether Celtic are going on holiday to Dubai.

I wonder about Border Control. Surely they must do some policing at airports, asking the basis for ones travel etc.

You don't think the government should've taken a proactive approach towards an organisation which influences hundreds of thousands of people in our country, and who's actions will be (and already has been) national news?

As I said, it could’ve turned a bad example into a good example if Celtic then announced they were cancelling the trip because it wasn't the right thing to do in these circumstances.

Carheenlea
05-01-2021, 11:19 AM
Timeline is interesting, it was agreed on the 12th November but they didn’t let us know about it until 30th November. Celtic must have had everything booked by the 12th then and hence why we had no say in the fixture change.
I truly despise Celtic and the SPFL/SFA.

The Scot Gov Ok'ed the trip in November.

A hell of a lot has changed since then.

To use the SG endorsement from a month back is a lame excuse to continue with their plans to travel to Dubai in the midst of a deteriorating situation with enforced lockdowns and restrictions of movement for ordinary Scots. It’s reckless and insensitive, and as chookyembra noted above, the timeline suggests pure selfishness from Celtic with no concern for anyone but themselves.

They may win the argument based on the fact that they haven’t broken any rules, but they have lost a lot of what little respect they had in Scotland.

superfurryhibby
05-01-2021, 12:27 PM

You don't think the government should've taken a proactive approach towards an organisation which influences hundreds of thousands of people in our country, and who's actions will be (and already has been) national news?

As I said, it could’ve turned a bad example into a good example if Celtic then announced they were cancelling the trip because it wasn't the right thing to do in these circumstances.

That wasn’t my point. I was saying that I doubt very much whether Celtic’s wee jolly was all that high on a Government’s agenda, given the many more pressing issues facing us at the present time.

You’re confusing the role of Government and the responsibility of an organisation to act sensibly, even if the actions they took were within the rules ( and that is questionable).

Maybe Celtic were asked not to travel, who knows. Maybe the Government hope that responsible citizenship would have prevailed.

Gmack7
05-01-2021, 01:38 PM
Llando norris the F1 driver has tested positive in Dubai. Who would have thought it. I hope the Celtic players follow the rules we dont want anyone exposed to unnecessary risks

calumhibee1
05-01-2021, 01:47 PM
https://twitter.com/davidtannertv/status/1346462526851010562?s=21

FM’s view

Billy Whizz
05-01-2021, 01:57 PM
When are celtic due back in Scotland?

Hermit Crab
05-01-2021, 01:58 PM
https://twitter.com/davidtannertv/status/1346462526851010562?s=21

FM’s view

They're not going to get done for this are they.:rolleyes:

Moulin Yarns
05-01-2021, 02:02 PM
When are celtic due back in Scotland?

Hopefully the day after the Scottish Government add UAE to the quarantine list 😁