30-11-2020, 11:10 AM
... appointed manager of Melbourne Victory

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/grant-brebner-announced-victory-head-coach

Peevemor
30-11-2020, 11:11 AM
Oops! Looks like it's old news. Sorry.

Since452
30-11-2020, 11:11 AM
Thought he was a really good player. Still remember his goal clearly against Dundee United in the game we were relegated

The 90+2
30-11-2020, 11:34 AM
Playing half an hour. Loved Brebner when he was here. Scenes in Dundee that day as Falkirk skelped hearts and he scored the perfect Hattrick (2 up to 2-2 and late winner)

Iggy Pope
30-11-2020, 04:13 PM
That game at Tannadice was a belter. First game back after the 4-4 debacle at Tynie. Chucked a 2 goal lead and Hibs had the shed behind the goal which was full of trembling wrecks at that point. The news coming through from Falkirk (Colin Samuel maybe?) made things an awful lot better. But even when Bremner made it 3-2 we were still ****ting it what was left of the game.

Great player. Loved having him at Hibs and in his first spell when he was on loan, he came close to keeping a doomed side up single handed.

Inconsequential
30-11-2020, 04:53 PM
I thought he was a good player for Hibs too. Looks older than his forty-two years. They say long exposure to the sun ages the skin but living in Scotland we'll never know...🙄

superfurryhibby
30-11-2020, 05:01 PM
Hibs could do with a player with Brebner’s drive and creativity in the midfield just now. His Hibs career was very up and down and came to an unexpected end, more to do with his well publicised off the field activities than his footballing talent.

BILLYHIBS
30-11-2020, 05:08 PM
Thought he was a really good player. Still remember his goal clearly against Dundee United in the game we were relegated

Dinnae!

Saw grown men cry that day

:boo hoo:

Eyrie
30-11-2020, 07:07 PM

I think that was the last time I got properly drunk. Kept blacking out on the train home and woke up the next morning in my mate's spare room.

Apparently I was the most polite drunk his girlfriend had ever met!

Since452
30-11-2020, 08:11 PM
Dinnae!

Saw grown men cry that day

:boo hoo:

I was a young lad crying. Unfortunately not the last time with Hibs!

BILLYHIBS
30-11-2020, 08:15 PM
I was a young lad crying. Unfortunately not the last time with Hibs!

It’s the hope that kills you