PDA

View Full Version : Celtic fans are revolting

theonlywayisup
29-11-2020, 08:44 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-55125191

Not a happy bunch! Police Scotland deployed officers, at least 12 vehicles and the force helicopter as fans called for the removal of Celtic manager Neil Lennon.

CraigHibee
29-11-2020, 08:48 PM
Just like their Glasgow brothers, they have always been revolting

HoboHarry
29-11-2020, 08:50 PM
Yes they most certainly are.

Irish_Steve
29-11-2020, 08:52 PM
How dare a team have the temerity to beat them

Just realised, i should have said timerity.......I'll get my coat

Carheenlea
29-11-2020, 09:39 PM
Their self - entitlement knows no bounds. The generation of fans attracted to the club for glory, and throw the toys out the pram when their club lose their first domestic cup tie after 35 successive wins.

https://twitter.com/WeAreScottishFB/status/1333119011090014211?s=20

eastterrace
29-11-2020, 09:50 PM
Their self - entitlement knows no bounds. The generation of fans attracted to the club for glory, and throw the toys out the pram when their club lose their first domestic cup tie after 35 successive wins.

https://twitter.com/WeAreScottishFB/status/1333119011090014211?s=20thats disgraceful those scenes . One defeat in 4 years in cup competition and they come out like that.

GRA
29-11-2020, 09:56 PM
Actually embarrassing. Bunch of deluded self entitled idiots. And that is having won the last 11 domestic trophies and losing first cup game in nearly five years! Can't handle a few weeks of poor form. Just wait for the meltdown if they don't get their 10 in a row.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
29-11-2020, 10:04 PM

https://twitter.com/WeAreScottishFB/status/1333119011090014211?s=20

They don't like it up em!
What a surprise that Covid is so prevalent in the West

weecounty hibby
29-11-2020, 10:10 PM
They are EXACTLY the same as the other Erse cheek. In pretty much every respect

Sammy7nil
29-11-2020, 10:14 PM
Best fans in world.

Don’t how they would have reacted had they only managed to win the treble - treble though :greengrin

Dr What If?
29-11-2020, 10:19 PM
Anyone would think they had just lost to Alloa :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
30-11-2020, 12:32 AM
Social media is all over this.

They have no idea, absolutely none, of the reality of supporting your team for 99% of the worlds football fans, never mind Scotland's.

Put it this way, I attended my first Hibs match in 1975, in that time we have won 3 ( three ) trophies and been relegated 3 times. A Celtic fan who saw his first match in 1975 will have seen his team win 50 ( fifty ) trophies, 22 of them league titles and will never, not once, have got out of bed on the first day of the season and had to wonder if they would get relegated .... not just never experienced relegation, or even a relegation battle ....... but not even had to contemplate the possibility of it.

Expecting success is one thing. But this is a fanbase who have seen their club win every domestic trophy for three seasons, to react like this after being knocked out of a competition they had no realistic chance of winning followed by a defeat in the country's 3rd most important competition is a massive over reaction which stinks of arrogant self entitlement, not passion, just pure unadulterated arrogant self entitlement.

They haven't got a bloody clue and if proof was required that the self titled 'best fans in the world' wouldn't last three seasons following Dundee, Motherwell, Kilmarnock or even Hibs last night's piss poor effort is all the proof anybody needs.

Victor
30-11-2020, 01:02 AM

They have no idea, absolutely none, of the reality of supporting your team for 99% of the worlds football fans, never mind Scotland's.

Put it this way, I attended my first Hibs match in 1975, in that time we have won 3 ( three ) trophies and been relegated 3 times. A Celtic fan who saw his first match in 1975 will have seen his team win 50 ( fifty ) trophies, 22 of them league titles and will never, not once, have got out of bed on the first day of the season and had to wonder if they would get relegated .... not just never experienced relegation, or even a relegation battle ....... but not even had to contemplate the possibility of it.

Expecting success is one thing. But this is a fanbase who have seen their club win every domestic trophy for three seasons, to react like this after being knocked out of a competition they had no realistic chance of winning followed by a defeat in the country's 3rd most important competition is a massive over reaction which stinks of arrogant self entitlement, not passion, just pure unadulterated arrogant self entitlement.

They haven't got a bloody clue and if proof was required that the self titled 'best fans in the world' wouldn't last three seasons following Dundee, Motherwell, Kilmarnock or even Hibs last night's piss poor effort is all the proof anybody needs.

Sums it up perfectly. The world is going through a pandemic, people are losing their jobs, their families and their sanity, but these ‘fans’ are rioting because their team lost its first cup game in 35. They need a reality check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gatecrasher
30-11-2020, 07:15 AM
pretty embarrassing stuff, they have won everything possible within Scottish Football in the last 4 years, they hit a sticky patch and they riot :hilarious Can you imagine if their team was really pish?

Sir David Gray
30-11-2020, 07:18 AM
pretty embarrassing stuff, they have won everything possible within Scottish Football in the last 4 years, they hit a sticky patch and they riot :hilarious Can you imagine if their team was really pish?

As a Clydebank fan on Twitter said last night, if he rioted after every bad Clydebank spell over the years, he would have his own maximum security wing at Barlinnie.

Keith_M
30-11-2020, 07:26 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the club that have won the last nine league titles and the last eleven domestic trophies on the trot (and are about to make it twelve)?

Sylar
30-11-2020, 07:31 AM
They're so utterly deluded by this notion of '10 in a row' that they lose the tattie (no offsensive intent with this phrase, I use it frequently for 'losing the plot') after a bad run of form because it might ultimately mean failure this season.

They need to realise their 10 in a row is total bull**** anyway - the reason Rangers hold 9 in a row in such high esteem is because they won it 9 times with Celtic in the league!

Pitiful behaviour from spoiled wee *******s that don't know what it's truly like being a football fan. But then it comes as no surprise - Parkhead was mostly 50% capacity during the times when Rangers hosed all over them - they've always been a spineless set of cowards when the chips are down.

Stonewall
30-11-2020, 07:33 AM

100% correct.

But just look at some of the deranged gibberish posted on here after a bad result and draw a few parallels.

Newry Hibs
30-11-2020, 08:13 AM

And they will have never experienced the massive high of winning like in 2016.

Bostonhibby
30-11-2020, 08:19 AM
Best fans in world.

Don’t how they would have reacted had they only managed to win the treble - treble though :greengrinThey're not the best fans in the world, they copied the best fans in the world, whoever they are.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

we are hibs
30-11-2020, 08:30 AM
100% correct.

But just look at some of the deranged gibberish posted on here after a bad result and draw a few parallels.

Some effort to try and slag hibs fans off on a thread about Celtic fans. Hibs.net at its finest. There are zero parallels. They have won 11 trophies in a row, probably 12 come December including winning the league 9 years in a row. Hibs fans just want us to consistently finish in the top 4.

Carheenlea
30-11-2020, 08:34 AM
At least at Hibs we save kicking off for when we win Cup competitions.

Andy74
30-11-2020, 08:44 AM
Some effort to try and slag hibs fans off on a thread about Celtic fans. Hibs.net at its finest. There are zero parallels. They have won 11 trophies in a row, probably 12 come December including winning the league 9 years in a row. Hibs fans just want us to consistently finish in the top 4.

Yeah and we are in the Top 4 and lots of whining.

The point was a fair one. It is all relative. They are used to a certain level of success and performance and are not happy with how it is going. What has happened before doesn’t matter, if anything it feeds the expectation. We get a little bit of expectation and see discontent as soon as there might be any threat to it too.

The violent stuff is out of order of course.

Steve20
30-11-2020, 08:47 AM
They're still capable of going on a run in their league games in December. The 11 point gap is misleading with the games in hand. It's easy for pundits to say "no guarantee anymore they'll win them" but the chances are that they almost certainly will. So it's 5 points with 3 derbies to go. Rangers will hit a sticky patch and they've bottled it the past two seasons.

Celtic are 11/4 for the league. That's probably be as big a price as they will be. I still think they'll edge the league and the country can begin the never ending hearing about 10 in a row, :rolleyes:

Their fans were an embarrassment last night.

Sir David Gray
30-11-2020, 09:00 AM
They're still capable of going on a run in their league games in December. The 11 point gap is misleading with the games in hand. It's easy for pundits to say "no guarantee anymore they'll win them" but the chances are that they almost certainly will. So it's 5 points with 3 derbies to go. Rangers will hit a sticky patch and they've bottled it the past two seasons.

Celtic are 11/4 for the league. That's probably be as big a price as they will be. I still think they'll edge the league and the country can begin the never ending hearing about 10 in a row, :rolleyes:

Their fans were an embarrassment last night.

I genuinely don't see how they'll win the league, they're all over the place just now. Yes they will win the majority of their remaining matches but two of the remaining matches v Rangers are at Ibrox where they haven't even lost a goal yet in a domestic match.

hibbyfraelibby
30-11-2020, 09:07 AM
Well that's Lawell's Louts sunk any chance Doncaster had of persuading the Scottish Government to lift the restrictions of fans attending any time soon.

EI255
30-11-2020, 09:45 AM
Robbie Neilson is revolting too.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

DH1875
30-11-2020, 09:54 AM
While it's embarrassing I find it funny as duck. Living in Glasgow and having a lot of family and friends who are celtic fans, seeing the turn/change in them is something else. The rangers fans in the family were always the a holes when it comes to football but boy are the celtic fans pushing them close. So much so I'm finding myself leaning towards rangers winning the league and that's something I never thought I would say. The fall out from celtic not winning will be so much more funnier than rangers not winning. Thousands of the greatest fans in the world will walk away.

B.H.F.C
30-11-2020, 10:04 AM
While it's embarrassing I find it funny as duck. Living in Glasgow and having a lot of family and friends who are celtic fans, seeing the turn/change in them is something else. The rangers fans in the family were always the a holes when it comes to football but boy are the celtic fans pushing them close. So much so I'm finding myself leaning towards rangers winning the league and that's something I never thought I would say. The fall out from celtic not winning will be so much more funnier than rangers not winning. Thousands of the greatest fans in the world will walk away.

The Rangers losing it from here would spark an incredible reaction as well.

On one hand it’s win win as whichever one comes second will be very upset.

On the other hand it’s lose lose as you’re either going to be hearing about the 10 or the stopping of the 10 for a very long time.

marinello59
30-11-2020, 10:08 AM
The Rangers losing it from here would spark an incredible reaction as well.

On one hand it’s win win as whichever one comes second will be very upset.

On the other hand it’s lose lose as you’re either going to be hearing about the 10 or the stopping of the 10 for a very long time.

I don’t ever want to see any of the Old Firm winning ten in a row. The fall out when Celtc fail is going to be hilarious to watch.

jacomo
30-11-2020, 11:24 AM
Sounds like some Hibs fans need a history lesson. What you have seen is not revolting, but footage of brave freedom fighters.

:wink:

30-11-2020, 11:27 AM
I don’t ever want to see any of the Old Firm winning ten in a row. The fall out when Celtc fail is going to be hilarious to watch.

The fall out of the huns losing it from here would be funnier

Killiehibbie
30-11-2020, 11:33 AM
10, 12 or 20 in a row who cares as long as somebody other than The Rangers ends the run. The longer the new team from Glasgow spend way beyond their means and win nothing will do for me.

NAE NOOKIE
30-11-2020, 01:20 PM
100% correct.

Ranting on social media is one thing, abusing the players and chucking stuff at them and injuring the polis and ignoring health guidelines during a public health emergency where folk are dying is quite another.

Pandemic aside, similar happens at other clubs, including this one. But ye gods, that's after years of stagnation and failure often culminating ( especially in our case ) in relegation.
Not when your club is 11 points off the top of he league with two games in hand and still over half the season to play, not when you have just reached the national cup final, again. Not when you have just won 11 of the last 11 domestic competitions you have played in. In those circumstances this constitutes a massive over reaction, showing a blinding ignorance bordering on disrespectful arrogance of what the football following experience is for the vast majority of fans in every country on earth.

There is no parallel here that can be used against fans of any other club, excepting of course the other self entitled set on the other side of their city. I've no doubt they will talk about their expectations compared to fans of other clubs, but that's not an excuse it's just further evidence that they have been so spoiled by their success they have lost all perspective. It's clearly well past time for them to learn some humility

We should all be thanking Ross County this morning ...... they have done Scottish football a massive massive favour. Because Celtic and their **** fans had gotten past killing Scottish football and were in the process of kicking the corpse.

Andy74
30-11-2020, 01:35 PM
Ranting on social media is one thing, abusing the players and chucking stuff at them and injuring the polis and ignoring health guidelines during a public health emergency where folk are dying is quite another.

Pandemic aside, similar happens at other clubs, including this one. But ye gods, that's after years of stagnation and failure often culminating ( especially in our case ) in relegation.
Not when your club is 11 points off the top of he league with two games in hand and still over half the season to play, not when you have just reached the national cup final, again. Not when you have just won 11 of the last 11 domestic competitions you have played in. In those circumstances this constitutes a massive over reaction, showing a blinding ignorance bordering on disrespectful arrogance of what the football following experience is for the vast majority of fans in every country on earth.

There is no parallel here that can be used against fans of any other club, excepting of course the other self entitled set on the other side of their city. I've no doubt they will talk about their expectations compared to fans of other clubs, but that's not an excuse it's just further evidence that they have been so spoiled by their success they have lost all perspective. It's clearly well past time for them to learn some humility

We should all be thanking Ross County this morning ...... they have done Scottish football a massive massive favour. Because Celtic and their **** fans had gotten past killing Scottish football and were in the process of kicking the corpse.

It’s not just Celtic fans though. We’ve had a thread on here for weeks about Lennon and generally about how Rangers will be walking the league. If anything we had folk on here beating their fans to it!

NAE NOOKIE
30-11-2020, 01:49 PM
It’s not just Celtic fans though. We’ve had a thread on here for weeks about Lennon and generally about how Rangers will be walking the league. If anything we had folk on here beating their fans to it!

I don't particularly pay attention to threads about ugly sisters managers mate. I agree though, having seen both clubs over the last few years I would have said the The Rangers were a better team even last season. The Huns winning the league to stop 10 in a row would give me the same joy as seeing Michael Gove beat Jacob Rees = Mogg in a race for Tory party leader ..... just one nightmare being upstaged by another.

I still don't see how Hibs fans having an opinion on the merits or lack of them of Neil Lennon as Celtc manager equates to us having the same mindset as the self entitled morons who gathered outside of Celtc park last night.

Alfred E Newman
30-11-2020, 02:00 PM
The reporting was predictably low key in the media this morning other than the usual fans not happy stuff but I'm glad to see that the police are going to take action and try and trace as many of these morons as they can.

Oscar T Grouch
30-11-2020, 02:07 PM
I seen a few celtc fans on twitter last night saying thats them finished with celtc :confused: Talk about a lack of loyalty to your team, the first bumpy spell in 10 years and they've had enough, that is just mental*

* I know this is a few fans on twitter but even one or two saying that is beyond ridiculous.

Andy74
30-11-2020, 03:26 PM
I don't particularly pay attention to threads about ugly sisters managers mate. I agree though, having seen both clubs over the last few years I would have said the The Rangers were a better team even last season. The Huns winning the league to stop 10 in a row would give me the same joy as seeing Michael Gove beat Jacob Rees = Mogg in a race for Tory party leader ..... just one nightmare being upstaged by another.

I still don't see how Hibs fans having an opinion on the merits or lack of them of Neil Lennon as Celtc manager equates to us having the same mindset as the self entitled morons who gathered outside of Celtc park last night.

It was more the point that given what they’ve won recently they should be happy with their lot and not kick off about a dip in form quite so quickly. We’ve had people pointing out Lennon should be sacked for weeks.

RoYO!
30-11-2020, 09:32 PM
After this I'm starting to wonder if the rangers winning the title would be the best option.. ideally neither of them would win it, clearly!

The unbridled seethe of 10 years of prolonged excellence down the drain would be too good to miss!

FilipinoHibs
01-12-2020, 09:27 AM
POLICE Scotland and Celtic were last night urged to hammer the “bampots” and “nutcases” responsible for the ugly scenes that flared outside Parkhead on Sunday evening - by bringing criminal…* http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18910224.charge-nutcases-ban-bampots---police-scotland-celtic-urged-hammer-parkhead-hooligans/?ref=appshr

Just_Jimmy
01-12-2020, 09:59 AM
After this I'm starting to wonder if the rangers winning the title would be the best option.. ideally neither of them would win it, clearly!

The unbridled seethe of 10 years of prolonged excellence down the drain would be too good to miss!its 10 years of tin pot titles. most of them have involved the old huns in disarray and a period where the new Huns, Hibs and hearts have been out the league for around 3-5 years (including 1 season where all three were). their competition was Aberdeen, a side who **** the bed whenever they play Celtic or rangers.

rangers cheated for their 9 in a row because of the ebt and tax stuff, Celtics means even less.

it just shows Scottish football up for the farce it is that people think that's an achievement.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
01-12-2020, 11:08 AM
POLICE Scotland and Celtic were last night urged to hammer the “bampots” and “nutcases” responsible for the ugly scenes that flared outside Parkhead on Sunday evening - by bringing criminal…* http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18910224.charge-nutcases-ban-bampots---police-scotland-celtic-urged-hammer-parkhead-hooligans/?ref=appshr

I’ve never heard the chairman of organisation refer to people as bampots and nutcases, but then again the chairman is Billy Brown! Wasn’t aware of his latest role.

mal
01-12-2020, 11:09 AM
its 10 years of tin pot titles. most of them have involved the old huns in disarray and a period where the new Huns, Hibs and hearts have been out the league for around 3-5 years (including 1 season where all three were). their competition was Aberdeen, a side who **** the bed whenever they play Celtic or rangers.

rangers cheated for their 9 in a row because of the ebt and tax stuff, Celtics means even less.

it just shows Scottish football up for the farce it is that people think that's an achievement.

As with any competition, you can only beat the opposition that's in front of you. Was our SC win "tin pot" because we beat a ***** The Rangers? Arguing that Celtic's long winning streak is not a significant achievement because some traditionally "big" teams weren't in the league - and let's remember that they weren't in the league because of their own incompetence on and/or off the field - is pretty embarrassing and indicative of an unjustifiable sense of entitlement. When was the last time we made a significant challenge for the league title? Our absence from the top flight made about as much difference to Celtic's campaigns as would the absence of Dundee Utd, Killie or Motherwell.

I'll grant you that the same team winning everything all the time is massively bring and says little for the rest of Scottish football.

Just_Jimmy
02-12-2020, 03:08 AM
As with any competition, you can only beat the opposition that's in front of you. Was our SC win "tin pot" because we beat a ***** The Rangers? Arguing that Celtic's long winning streak is not a significant achievement because some traditionally "big" teams weren't in the league - and let's remember that they weren't in the league because of their own incompetence on and/or off the field - is pretty embarrassing and indicative of an unjustifiable sense of entitlement. When was the last time we made a significant challenge for the league title? Our absence from the top flight made about as much difference to Celtic's campaigns as would the absence of Dundee Utd, Killie or Motherwell.

I'll grant you that the same team winning everything all the time is massively bring and says little for the rest of Scottish football.

not at all.

our Scottish cup run has absolutely no comparison. firstly we were both playing at the same level and both earned the right to be in the final, rangers beat Celtic in the semi also. rangers also pipped us to the league that season.

the point is since the mid 80s only Celtic or rangers have won the top league, when one of those clubs is not in the league it essentially hands the title to the other before a ball is kicked. that's tin pot - did anyone seriously ever think Celtic wouldn't win the title when rangers were fannying about the lower divisions?

the point about Hibs and hearts makes the league a weaker competition for Celtic, of course I'd need to check but I'd imagine that historically Hibs and hearts have been tougher places to go for the old firm than similar sides. over 90 mins, nothing to do with Hibs being a title contender. of course your point about these teams being out the league of their own making is valid, but it's hard to argue sides like Killie or Hamilton who offer Celtic 3/4 of their stadium etc offer a harder away day than a packed ER or tynecastle. of course anyone is capable of winning on a given day.

over 90 mins Scottish football is relatively competitive. over a season, and season after season, it's crap because the league is won before a ball is kicked. even if rangers win it this year...yawn. I'm 35 and I've never seen a non old firm winner. it's not changing anytime soon either.

I'm Spartacus
02-12-2020, 01:12 PM

The huge difference with their league titles and our cup run is we were all in the same pot, most of their league titles have come without having to play at Ibrox, Easter Road and Tynecastle for maybe 5 seasons. They've had an absolute cake walk for years and I cannot believe how much it has crumbled at the last hurdle.

Andy74
02-12-2020, 01:23 PM
The huge difference with their league titles and our cup run is we were all in the same pot, most of their league titles have come without having to play at Ibrox, Easter Road and Tynecastle for maybe 5 seasons. They've had an absolute cake walk for years and I cannot believe how much it has crumbled at the last hurdle.

It is far from over of course....

The 90+2
02-12-2020, 01:37 PM
It is far from over of course....

It is with Lennon in charge.

Rumble de Thump
02-12-2020, 01:56 PM
its 10 years of tin pot titles. most of them have involved the old huns in disarray and a period where the new Huns, Hibs and hearts have been out the league for around 3-5 years (including 1 season where all three were). their competition was Aberdeen, a side who **** the bed whenever they play Celtic or rangers.

How can Rangers' title wins mean more than Celtic's because they cheated in order to win them?

Andy74
02-12-2020, 04:38 PM
It is with Lennon in charge.

We’ve heard that before of course.

The 90+2
02-12-2020, 05:12 PM
We’ve heard that before of course.

When? And we’ve?

Moulin Yarns
03-12-2020, 04:38 PM
A 22-year-old man is charged in connection with disorder-related offences following a protest outside Celtic Park on Sunday
https://t.co/cpzBMjP567