PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan..

California-Hibs
27-11-2020, 01:41 PM
Are we allowed to talk about him?

Its been quite a long time now with absolutely no light (that I'm aware of) shed on the subject at all. Are we still guessing as to what it is truely that's keeping him out? Is it too personal to disclose?

Just wondering how much longer we wait before being worried. Scott Allan on it, is a joy to behold!

Keith_M
27-11-2020, 01:43 PM
3-2-1.......

JohnMcM
27-11-2020, 01:49 PM
Probably best to let it rest until he speaks himself.:agree:

calumhibee1
27-11-2020, 02:08 PM
He put up an Instagram post of him squatting in the HTC gym this morning..

Vault Boy
27-11-2020, 02:09 PM
Scott Allan is a Hibs player and of course we can talk about him.

We close threads once folk start sharing rumours about his private health situation. We don't want to platform those rumours, it's not fair to Scott.

Incidentally he posted a picture of him weight training at HTC today. That seems encouraging.

Hillsidehibby
27-11-2020, 02:23 PM
Desperately miss some creativity in midfield. Get back soon Scott

Irish_Steve
27-11-2020, 02:24 PM
Scott Allan is a Hibs player and of course we can talk about him.

We close threads once folk start sharing rumours about his private health situation. We don't want to platform those rumours, it's not fair to Scott.

Incidentally he posted a picture of him weight training at HTC today. That seems encouraging.

Yeah, I wouldn't want people discussing my health issues on a public forum, I think we should give Scott the same consideration

GGTTH07
27-11-2020, 02:47 PM
Heard he’s on his way back.

Clarence
27-11-2020, 02:49 PM

I hope so.

Radium
27-11-2020, 02:50 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201127/b939dd086b96a3ce696aa29f92766e21.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HH81
27-11-2020, 02:55 PM

The picture online is encouraging.

Andy74
27-11-2020, 04:29 PM
The picture online is encouraging.

We’ve no idea what the issue is so there’s no way of knowing whether lifting some weights is encouraging or not to be honest.

flash
27-11-2020, 05:09 PM
We’ve no idea what the issue is so there’s no way of knowing whether lifting some weights is encouraging or not to be honest.

It's definitely encouraging. Why wouldn't it be? It might not mean anything as regards him returning but I think we are allowed to be optimistic.

Hibee Mac
27-11-2020, 05:31 PM
I would hope everyone can show him the respect and privacy he deserves and not spread rumours about his health.

All the best to Scotty, hope all is well and I'll be buzzing once he's back and raring to go.

NAE NOOKIE
27-11-2020, 06:12 PM
Before he went on the sick list Scotty wasn't exactly hitting the heights as I recall, if that was as a result of what eventually sidelined him then I'll join in with the idea that he is the answer to our lack of creativity in midfield once fully fit. IMO that remains to be seen though, like it or not he does have a history of coasting once he is comfortable.

Before anybody says it, I'm not suggesting for a second his current situation isn't absolutely genuine.

LongJohnBanger
27-11-2020, 06:16 PM

Be still my beating heart

heretoday
27-11-2020, 06:21 PM
Hibs badly need some of his creativity.

tamig
27-11-2020, 06:46 PM
Before he went on the sick list Scotty wasn't exactly hitting the heights as I recall, if that was as a result of what eventually sidelined him then I'll join in with the idea that he is the answer to our lack of creativity in midfield once fully fit. IMO that remains to be seen though, like it or not he does have a history of coasting once he is comfortable.

Before anybody says it, I'm not suggesting for a second his current situation isn't absolutely genuine.

Bit out of order there. Where’s the history of him “coasting”” with us once comfortable? Whatever that means anyway.

flash
27-11-2020, 06:51 PM
Bit out of order there. Where’s the history of him “coasting”” with us once comfortable? Whatever that means anyway.

Verging on slander.

cabbageandribs1875
27-11-2020, 06:58 PM
Haste ye back scotty

lord bunberry
27-11-2020, 07:05 PM
Allan is one of the best players I’ve seen in my time supporting hibs, the sooner he’s back the better. There’s no one in the squad that can come close to replacing him.

Stuart93
27-11-2020, 07:30 PM
Allan is one of the best players I’ve seen in my time supporting hibs, the sooner he’s back the better. There’s no one in the squad that can come close to replacing him.

I’d agree with this too especially when he’s on his game! He wasn’t great at the start of the season but I reckon whatever’s happening just now had a big part to play in that!

Him back & fit would be like a new signing

tamig

Agreed. On his game I rank Scott Allan right up with the best players I’ve seen in a Hibs strip - stretching back to my introduction as a lad watching the majestic Tornadoes.

Iggy Pope

Agreed. I see him knocking his pan in most of the time and often getting very frustrated rather than coasting.

500miles
27-11-2020, 08:52 PM

We'll look much better if we play 3 up front with him in behind them.

However, if we're playing 2 up front, we won't get the most out of him. I only think he's provided 1 assist for Doidge in the whole time they've played together. Doidge wants a cross, not a through ball. Allan needs someone with clever movement, not a target man.

zitelli62
27-11-2020, 09:09 PM

Not going to bite best passer in Scotland when on his game haste ye back scotty.

FifeHibs
27-11-2020, 09:11 PM
Please get health Scott one of the most natural entertainers I have saw at Easter Road.

As a side note Doidge is the elephant in the room regarding movement which is horrific but Everyone raves about his work rare though.

Andy74
27-11-2020, 10:11 PM
It's definitely encouraging. Why wouldn't it be? It might not mean anything as regards him returning but I think we are allowed to be optimistic.

If the issue keeping him out had nothing to do with his ability to lift weights. I don’t think it means anything but hopefully I’m wrong.

Nicho87
27-11-2020, 10:15 PM
Genuinely my favourite current hibs player. If he sums up a modern day player on what the hibs way is - in my eyes he is it. Intelligent, exciting, technically gifted. Really hope he is back soon, not just for our benefit but just for Scotty.

superfurryhibby
27-11-2020, 10:24 PM
Please get health Scott one of the most natural entertainers I have saw at Easter Road.

As a side note Doidge is the elephant in the room regarding movement which is horrific but Everyone raves about his work rare though.

This post really doesn’t make much sense:greengrin

Anyway, the photo suggests he is able to exert himself. A good thing that is.

He’s a good player, when at at his best. I really hope he’s going to come back and make an impression. He’s a mercurial talent, but nothing close to being one of the top midfielders at Hibs since the Tornadoes. Prone to a bit hyperbole myself, but there are limits. He had a five month loan spell in the top flight with us where he combined beautifully with other talents and he shone.

FilipinoHibs
27-11-2020, 10:29 PM
There are rumours of what his health situation are on social media. If he is doing weights then the rumours are false. That us great news.

gazzag70
27-11-2020, 10:36 PM
It goes without saying that Scotties long term health is the most important issue and we all respect and wish him well with that.
If however he was able to return to the first team that would improve our team massively, he is the kind of player our midfield is crying out for, there is not many players with his creativity in Scottish football and I would love to see him back doing what he does best.

CraigHibee
27-11-2020, 11:00 PM
It goes without saying that Scotties long term health is the most important issue and we all respect and wish him well with that.
If however he was able to return to the first team that would improve our team massively, he is the kind of player our midfield is crying out for, there is not many players with his creativity in Scottish football and I would love to see him back doing what he does best.

100%

tamig
27-11-2020, 11:14 PM
We'll look much better if we play 3 up front with him in behind them.

However, if we're playing 2 up front, we won't get the most out of him. I only think he's provided 1 assist for Doidge in the whole time they've played together. Doidge wants a cross, not a through ball. Allan needs someone with clever movement, not a target man.

Sounds like you’re describing Nisbet there.

tamig
27-11-2020, 11:22 PM
This post really doesn’t make much sense:greengrin

Anyway, the photo suggests he is able to exert himself. A good thing that is.

He’s a good player, when at at his best. I really hope he’s going to come back and make an impression. He’s a mercurial talent, but nothing close to being one of the top midfielders at Hibs since the Tornadoes. Prone to a bit hyperbole myself, but there are limits. He had a five month loan spell in the top flight with us where he combined beautifully with other talents and he shone.
He was also outstanding in his first spell with us. I stand by my view that he’s right up there with the best I’ve seen. You can keep your hyperbole. Thats my view. We’ve only had a handful in the same bracket as him since the 70s imo.

HibeeSince85
27-11-2020, 11:27 PM
I just miss Scott Allan playing for Hibs. He is the guy who has done it time and time again for us. Be it a pass, a goal, a moment of brilliance. Tbh. What he done to Ian Black way back when means he is good with me.

Smartie
27-11-2020, 11:30 PM

Nisbet through the middle, Boyle right, Murphy left.

A bit of everything in there, Scotty can pick them out.

Defence can get back to their form of the start of the season, Marciano in decent form - still just really need to work out the base of the midfield and I think we have a superb team there.

NAE NOOKIE
28-11-2020, 12:05 AM
Not going to bite best passer in Scotland when on his game haste ye back scotty.

I wasn't fishing mate, it was a genuine concern. I have absolutely no doubts about Scott Allan's ability as a footballer and I'm not saying he has given cause for concern when he's been a Hibs player vis a vis accusations levelled at him with previous clubs regarding his attitude.

But there's no denying that in the few months leading up to his lay off he was well below par, getting subbed and even being left out at times. If all it was, as I said, was a reaction to whatever has caused his lay off and he comes back as the player we know he can be nobody will be happier than me, on his day he's one of the best players in Scotland.

500miles
28-11-2020, 12:14 AM

Absolutely. Suits Boyle, Murphy, Gullan, Wright, playing as an inside forward rather than out and out winger or striker.

Suits Allan and Mallan as purely creative midfielders. Also suits the fact we don't have a midfield pairing that can compete 2 v 3.

We have a defensive mid in Gogic that can drop in to play as a 3 when the opposition counter.

The only player it doesn't really suit is Doidge. We had a similar problem in the championship, Matthew Kennedy was a good winger, excellent for that level (as shown at St Johnstone), but we didn't play to his strengths.

I think we'll bring in a quick, physical forward in January, and Doidge will go down south for reasonable, but not huge money. Hopefully we also bring in another box to box midfielder.

Scooter
28-11-2020, 06:58 AM

Anyone know what the white thing is in his left arm

Viva_Palmeiras
28-11-2020, 07:08 AM
I think it’s a patch that can monitor your blood sugars for diabetics without having to prick your thumb and it monitors it 24/7. It’s Bluetooth or something similar so feeds into tools for analysis

bigwheel
28-11-2020, 07:09 AM

Think it’s a glucose level monitoring device. Many type 1 diabetics have them these days....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

easty
28-11-2020, 07:44 AM
Think it’s a glucose level monitoring device. Many type 1 diabetics have them these days....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeh, looks like a Libre.

easty
28-11-2020, 07:48 AM
If the issue keeping him out had nothing to do with his ability to lift weights. I don’t think it means anything but hopefully I’m wrong.

I agree Andy. While it’s great to see he’s fit enough to be lifting weights, that doesn’t indicate he’s fit and well to play football.

CraigHibee
28-11-2020, 08:09 AM
Great to see Allan in the gym, hopefully not to long before we see him back in the team again

Eyrie
28-11-2020, 09:22 AM
Absolutely. Suits Boyle, Murphy, Gullan, Wright, playing as an inside forward rather than out and out winger or striker.

Suits Allan and Mallan as purely creative midfielders. Also suits the fact we don't have a midfield pairing that can compete 2 v 3.

We have a defensive mid in Gogic that can drop in to play as a 3 when the opposition counter.

The only player it doesn't really suit is Doidge. We had a similar problem in the championship, Matthew Kennedy was a good winger, excellent for that level (as shown at St Johnstone), but we didn't play to his strengths.

I think we'll bring in a quick, physical forward in January, and Doidge will go down south for reasonable, but not huge money. Hopefully we also bring in another box to box midfielder.

I like what Doidge offers but agree that he's the odd man out when you look at how to get the best out of the squad.

HibsGW
28-11-2020, 10:08 AM
Verging on slander.

Definitely comes across as a “I’m not ... but...” type of comment

HibsGW
28-11-2020, 10:11 AM
Agreed. I see him knocking his pan in most of the time and often getting very frustrated rather than coasting.

Agree, total myth that he doesn’t give the effort. People expecting him to cut teams open over and over again for 90 minutes straight are off their heads, he’d be at a big English club if he could produce his great moments constantly all game, the nature of the playmaker role means this isn’t possible. Does plenty of chasing and pressing.

JohnMcM
28-11-2020, 12:12 PM
Happy Birthday Scott:thumbsup:

Kaff
19-12-2020, 12:43 PM
In the studio with David Tanner for the game today, maybe a little announcement about fitness too?
Just me guessing.
Would be so pleased for him if able to resume playing again:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Peevemor
19-12-2020, 01:38 PM
In the studio with David Tanner for the game today, maybe a little announcement about fitness too?
Just me guessing.
Would be so pleased for him if able to resume playing again[emoji106][emoji106]Just saying that he's missed playing and is delighted to be back, but no details. Still good to see him though.

tamig
19-12-2020, 01:43 PM
Wtf is going on with the mic levels in the studio?

wookie70
19-12-2020, 02:03 PM
Wtf is going on with the mic levels in the studio?It is like that every time. Given how poor the presenting is mute is a good option

wookie70
19-12-2020, 02:16 PM
Doidge looking in the mood today

we are hibs
21-01-2021, 09:40 PM
Back in the squad for saturday. Didnt expect that

CentreLine
21-01-2021, 09:43 PM

Really? Fantastic news for him and the club

Scottie
21-01-2021, 09:44 PM
:hyper

Kaff
21-01-2021, 09:45 PM

That's a boost. Hopefully squad get a lift from this, the likes of Boyler especially?

Kaff
21-01-2021, 09:46 PM
Really? Fantastic news for him and the club

Yes, forgot that it must be tremendous lift for him on a personal level, really pleased for him.

CMurdoch
21-01-2021, 09:46 PM
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/scott-allan-storybook-hibs-comeback-19674871?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Magpie
21-01-2021, 09:48 PM
Fantastic news. Welcome back Scott!

TheGreenMan
21-01-2021, 09:49 PM
Great sub to have. Let's hope we don't need to use him! (or the dream of being 4-0 up with them down to 10 men and half an hour to go, he can come on and set up the final goal for a 5-0 win 😁)

ElginHibbie
21-01-2021, 09:51 PM
Great news, like a new signing

FilipinoHibs
21-01-2021, 09:58 PM
Great news😀

Sean1875
21-01-2021, 09:59 PM
I’m so happy.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-01-2021, 10:11 PM
Fantastic news. When fit, he is our best and most important player. He looks to have had it tough but the club has stood by him. He has played his best football in a Hibs top.

Hibee Mac
21-01-2021, 11:12 PM
I hope we can get him back up and running this season. Hands down one of my favourite ever Hibs players to watch, I've missed having him in the side.

Great to hear he's doing well [emoji106]

Diclonius
21-01-2021, 11:33 PM
Fantastic news.

21-01-2021, 11:43 PM
Great news. Hopefully he gets some game time on Saturday.

Scott Allan Key
22-01-2021, 12:33 AM
Can't wait

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Since452
22-01-2021, 05:33 AM
Great news and big boost for everyone

The Spaceman
22-01-2021, 05:57 AM
Absolutely delighted - as others have said our best player and he is simply a joy and privilege to watch in our side. Can’t wait to see him back in action be it this game or a future one. Welcome back Scott Allan 👍

JimBHibees
22-01-2021, 06:11 AM
Wonderful news and huge boost for the semi final irrespective of whether he plays a part or not. Great addition to the squad at very important part of the season. Absolutely gem of a footballer.

Nicho87
22-01-2021, 06:28 AM
Fantastic positive news for the boy first and foremost

Souter96Mac
22-01-2021, 07:04 AM
One of my favourite players to have seen play for Hibs, absolutely delighted for Scott. Even if he doesn't feature tomorrow, which I don't expect he will, I reckon having a player of his quality even on the bench will give a right boost to the lads in the team.

staunchhibby
22-01-2021, 07:08 AM
Great boost ahead of a tricky semi.Welcome back Scott

scoopyboy
22-01-2021, 07:28 AM
Great to hear he's back in the squad.

I hope he goes on to play game time for the club again and regains his best form.

I honestly thought he wouldn't play again.

Jones28
22-01-2021, 07:31 AM
Great stuff, just the kind of footballing brain we are short of. :thumbsup:

Vault Boy
22-01-2021, 07:53 AM
Absolutely delighted for him. It must have been a really difficult time, during what was already a pretty ***** period for everyone.

Also delighted for us, because he's a complete gem of a player.

danhibees1875
22-01-2021, 08:04 AM
Great news for Allan, and us! :aok:

neil7908
22-01-2021, 08:12 AM
Wow, wasn't expecting that. Presuming he won't be near the first 11 but absolutely incredible to have him back in contention. We have some serious options in midfield now!

southern hibby
22-01-2021, 08:13 AM
Absolutely brilliant news.

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
22-01-2021, 08:24 AM
Does anyone have a link to the video version of this interview?

The only interview I've seen is from Hibs TV and all Ross says in that interview is "another week's training for Scott Allan". Whilst that's still clearly positive news, there doesn't appear to be any confirmation that he'll actually play any part tomorrow.

Presumably the quotes in the Edinburgh Live article have come from a different interview.

Either way, it's good news that he's even training.

lord bunberry
22-01-2021, 08:37 AM
If we can get Scotty fit and playing alongside the new arrivals, we could be looking at a similar second half to the season that we had under Lennon, but with a much stronger starting position.

lucky
22-01-2021, 08:38 AM
I can’t see him starting or even playing but it’s a positive story in the run up to the semi final and more importantly a fit Allan is a major plus for Hibs

Billy Whizz
22-01-2021, 08:38 AM

The only interview I've seen is from Hibs TV and all Ross says in that interview is "another week's training for Scott Allan". Whilst that's still clearly positive news, there doesn't appear to be any confirmation that he'll actually play any part tomorrow.

Presumably the quotes in the Edinburgh Live article have come from a different interview.

From a tabloid

And while the Easter Road gaffer wouldn’t confirm that Allan, who last played for the club on August 30, would be involved, he admitted that having a player of his calibre available is a major boost.

He said: “Scott will be in the squad but it’s difficult, obviously the plan was with him to be involved in bounce matches over the last week or two and for a variety of reasons, particularly with the weather as well, that’s not been possible so we’ve tailored a little bit of our training over the past week to try and accommodate some of his needs as well in terms of boxes he would need to tick.
“We’re pretty much there with him. It’s nice to have him back and he’ll be included in the squad. For the first time this season we may have two or three fit, healthy boys not stripped.

04Sauzee
22-01-2021, 02:52 PM
Just watched this. What a player

https://youtu.be/KVgIA-PJ5Bg

SanFranHibs
22-01-2021, 03:15 PM
Just watched this. What a player

https://youtu.be/KVgIA-PJ5Bg

As has been said often, will be like a 'new signing' to the squad. How long has he been out?

And then we might also see the best of some others, such as Boyle, Doidge. Who wouldn't play better with Allan spraying some of these passes around and defence cutting through balls?

Good news indeed.

:flag:

Iggy Pope
22-01-2021, 03:24 PM

EEN front page has it leading the sport that he’s in the semi squad. For what that’s worth.

Sir David Gray
22-01-2021, 03:31 PM
EEN front page has it leading the sport that he’s in the semi squad. For what that’s worth.

Thanks, just a bit strange that the journalists didn't make a bigger deal of this during the Hibs TV interview, it's pretty big news.

Baader
22-01-2021, 04:08 PM
Really pleased for him. Well done Scotty!

Hibiza
22-01-2021, 04:30 PM
Great news. Well done Scott.

hibee-boys
22-01-2021, 04:35 PM
Sounds positive but I suspect that although he’s in the squad for the game chances are he’ll not make the bench. Hopefully back on the pitch sometime soon though!

CraigHibee
23-01-2021, 09:49 AM
An incredible player, glad to have him back again

Onceinawhile
23-01-2021, 09:55 AM
Sounds positive but I suspect that although he’s in the squad for the game chances are he’ll not make the bench. Hopefully back on the pitch sometime soon though!

How many subs do we get?

Even if it is only 7, I'd have him on the bench ahead of D.Gray, D. McGregor and young Bradley.

Don't think he'll see any time though unless we are comfortable and there's not long left.

hibbysam
23-01-2021, 10:04 AM
How many subs do we get?

Even if it is only 7, I'd have him on the bench ahead of D.Gray, D. McGregor and young Bradley.

Don't think he'll see any time though unless we are comfortable and there's not long left.

We aren’t exactly blessed with numbers at the back, so putting Allan on instead of McGregor for example would be a bit daft, if Hanlon gets injured then I doubt Allan will fill in at centre half.

Rightly or wrongly, Wright, Hallberg (if he doesn’t start), Cadden, Doidge, a keeper, Stevenson, McGregor will be the 7 subs. I don’t reckon there is space for Allan today. Fully fit he’d be there in front of Wright but can’t see it today.

04Sauzee
23-01-2021, 10:08 AM
Think we are able to list 9 subs. We had 9 on the bench vs Dundee but only listed 8 vs Alloa

Lancs Harp
23-01-2021, 10:15 AM
We aren’t exactly blessed with numbers at the back, so putting Allan on instead of McGregor for example would be a bit daft, if Hanlon gets injured then I doubt Allan will fill in at centre half.

Rightly or wrongly, Wright, Hallberg (if he doesn’t start), Cadden, Doidge, a keeper, Stevenson, McGregor will be the 7 subs. I don’t reckon there is space for Allan today. Fully fit he’d be there in front of Wright but can’t see it today.

Purely depends on how fit hes deemed to be for me as oppose to there "being no space for him" Hes potentially a match winner and arguably our best player if he's fit enough to play 30 or 45 minutes then hes on the bench for me. Like I said depends where he is fitness wise.

Allant1981
23-01-2021, 10:15 AM
How many subs do we get?

So if hanlon or porteous got injured who would you play at the back?

CorrieHibs
23-01-2021, 10:18 AM

Gogic?

B.H.F.C
23-01-2021, 10:19 AM
Might be worth having another penalty taker on the bench, if nothing else, in case it goes that far.

Lancs Harp
23-01-2021, 10:20 AM
Gogic?

There will be a defender on the bench for sure, when has Jack ever picked a side for a competitive match without one, quite rightly.

CorrieHibs
23-01-2021, 10:22 AM
There will be a defender on the bench for sure, when has Jack ever picked a side for a competitive match without one, quite rightly.

Yeah, I'm sure he will. Better to be safe.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-01-2021, 10:36 AM
Return of the King?

magic - congrats to the dude (@Grant_1875?) that pulled this together...

https://twitter.com/grant1875_/status/1352392881177325568?s=21

Onceinawhile
23-01-2021, 10:45 AM

I'd either bring on mcgregor or bring on gray and shift Paul mcginn over.

Scott Allan only needs to replace one of the two on the bench, not both.