PDA

View Full Version : Saturday v Dundee

Ringothedog
26-11-2020, 08:12 AM
Is it PPV or available as part of our season ticket?

marinello59
26-11-2020, 08:12 AM
It’s PPV.

Sir David Gray
26-11-2020, 08:15 AM
It’s PPV.

Which will probably mean registering here for any season ticket holder instead of hibspass.

https://ppv.hibernianfc.co.uk/login

Your hibspass details don't appear to work on it so a new login will be required.

jeffers
26-11-2020, 08:20 AM
When I bought my season ticket I did so to help the club with no expectation of when I could attend a game in person, however as time has gone on I am a bit pissed off that due to where my seat is I’m probably paying the highest price. It’s fine when I’m at the games, I have a better view than say someone in the Famous Five, but everyone is getting the same via the PPV service regardless of how much they paid for their season ticket.

I realise not everyone will agree but I’d have liked the club to have given those of us who have paid for the more expensive season tickets Saturdays game for free.

h1bs4life
26-11-2020, 08:24 AM
Is it PPV or available as part of our season ticket?

Searched the main site for details. Suspect it will be PPV for everyone.
Signed up for it yesterday every season ticket holder will no doubt the same.
£12.99 not to bad , no problem paying it gives the club a chance to make a few quid.

Ringothedog
26-11-2020, 08:28 AM
Cheers guys, will purchase later today 👍

danhibees1875
26-11-2020, 08:48 AM
When I bought my season ticket I did so to help the club with no expectation of when I could attend a game in person, however as time has gone on I am a bit pissed off that due to where my seat is I’m probably paying the highest price. It’s fine when I’m at the games, I have a better view than say someone in the Famous Five, but everyone is getting the same via the PPV service regardless of how much they paid for their season ticket.

I realise not everyone will agree but I’d have liked the club to have given those of us who have paid for the more expensive season tickets Saturdays game for free.

I'm not sure if that's the right solution but I agree with the general point you're making. ST holders did get the group games for free as a thank you (well, the home ones not on premier sport).

They won't have been expecting at the time for this to have lasted quite as long as it has and to have had such an impact on fans ability to see the games - I do wonder if they'll pull out any innovative solutions to help 2020 ST holders get a bit of value out of their ticket purchase.

Sir David Gray
26-11-2020, 09:02 AM
I'm not sure if that's the right solution but I agree with the general point you're making. ST holders did get the group games for free as a thank you (well, the home ones not on premier sport).

They won't have been expecting at the time for this to have lasted quite as long as it has and to have had such an impact on fans ability to see the games - I do wonder if they'll pull out any innovative solutions to help 2020 ST holders get a bit of value out of their ticket purchase.

It was only the one game (Brora) that applied to.

I'm not too sure what they can do just now, I think they mentioned that season ticket holders from this season would be rewarded once they are in a position to do so though which I think is only correct.

jeffers
26-11-2020, 09:25 AM

I appreciate it’s a difficult one for the club and they couldn’t foresee how the pandemic would pan out. It’s possible we won’t get fans back in reasonable numbers this season and while I don’t know what the answer is those of us in the higher band of season tickets are clearly not getting the same value for money as those in the lower bands.

Booked4Being-Ugly
26-11-2020, 09:46 AM
I appreciate it’s a difficult one for the club and they couldn’t foresee how the pandemic would pan out. It’s possible we won’t get fans back in reasonable numbers this season and while I don’t know what the answer is those of us in the higher band of season tickets are clearly not getting the same value for money as those in the lower bands.

You have a point but there are a large number of fans in the same boat or worse off - like myself that have paid out for my own ST and also one for my son who are both in the same household.

I'm not expecting any recompense, although a gesture would have been nice but you're then getting into the loyalty scheme argument of who's more deserving.

Power
27-11-2020, 10:22 AM
Details on the Dundee match PPV coverage can now be found on the club website.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibernian-v-dundee-pay-per-view-coverage

Diclonius
27-11-2020, 10:24 AM
Wait, the game is tomorrow? I thought we were away at Motherwell. :dizzy:

dp00
27-11-2020, 10:33 AM
Think it’s poor from the club asking for money to watch this game , season ticket holders have paid a good amount of money this season and are unlikely to get to see a game the very minimum we should get is every home game on TV

I’ve paid for an adult and child season ticket for 2 log ins , I could have just paid for one and got the same service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
27-11-2020, 11:01 AM
Think it’s poor from the club asking for money to watch this game , season ticket holders have paid a good amount of money this season and are unlikely to get to see a game the very minimum we should get is every home game on TV

I’ve paid for an adult and child season ticket for 2 log ins , I could have just paid for one and got the same service

Can completely understand that however to be fair to the club they have explained the position well imo in the link on the club website further up the thread.

Keith_M
27-11-2020, 11:07 AM

I've bought one adult and two kids ST's (nephews), so that means three households can watch the home games for free.

I think I should maybe charge them for using the logins :greengrin

Cod Boy
27-11-2020, 11:38 AM
🔥 stick

danhibees1875
27-11-2020, 11:53 AM
Can completely understand that however to be fair to the club they have explained the position well imo in the link on the club website further up the thread.

:agree:

League cup games aren't the way to get things squared up if they're looking to do something.

I don't expect many answers now given everything is so uncertain still. It's certainly not an easy position for the club to be in.

erin go bragh
27-11-2020, 11:57 AM
All Our home games should be on the Hibs pass for season ticket holders .edit - after reading the post below mine, I can see the problems that Hibs have and understand why it’s not on Hibs pass .

Renton1875
27-11-2020, 12:25 PM
From the article that KP linked

We’re conscious there’s been some discussion about whether these games could and should be part of our season ticket offering to supporters.

For context, the league’s broadcast partners – Sky Sports – have allowed clubs to show matches to season ticket holders up to the number sold in season 2019-20. In our case that’s around 13,000.

We are also able to offer a Pay Per View option for games that aren’t being screened on Sky Sports.

The money generated from PPV offerings stays with the home side, just as ticket income would from supporters through the turnstiles in the league.

In terms of the Betfred Cup, it’s a slightly different state of affairs.

There is no agreement with the broadcaster – Premier Sports – to allow matches to be shown free of charge to season ticket holders.

We can offer PPV, as long as the game hasn’t been selected for TV coverage and a fee can be agreed between the two clubs, as all revenues are shared.

For season ticket holders to get the games as part of their existing package, the away club would have to agree to wave a considerable percentage of their share.

Greg McEwan, Hibernian’s Head of Marketing & Brand Partnerships, said: “The agreement the clubs have with the SPFL and Sky Sports for league matches differs to those in place for the cup competitions.

“For cup matches, if our tie is not selected for TV, we are able to enter into discussions with our opponents on whether the match is offered as PPV and at what price.

“We have, therefore, been in discussions with Dundee and our tie is available on PPV at £12.99. We will then share the revenue with Dundee, as we would have to if we were allowed supporters in stadiums.

“We would have been delighted to offer the match for free to our season ticket holders as part of HibsPass and have PPV as an additional outlet but, unfortunately, that isn’t an option that is open to the club.

Mikey_1875
27-11-2020, 12:33 PM
Going by that statement would we have needed to come to a settlement with Brora when it was free for ST holders or is it only different for the latter stages? Cant imagine Brora would have “waved their share.”

Peevemor
27-11-2020, 12:36 PM
Going by that statement would we have needed to come to a settlement with Brora when it was free for ST holders or is it only different for the latter stages? Cant imagine Brora would have “waved their share.”

It looks to me like Hibs managed to agree a deal with Brora but not with Dundee.

Blaster
27-11-2020, 12:58 PM

I reckon we gave Brora a fee to allow season ticket holders to get it for nothing

JimBHibees
27-11-2020, 01:26 PM
I reckon we gave Brora a fee to allow season ticket holders to get it for nothing

Bound to have

Magpie
27-11-2020, 01:32 PM
I agree with other posters, this game should be free to season ticket holders as good will for their contribution. Many season ticket holders scraped through to keep the club ticking over.

we are hibs
27-11-2020, 01:52 PM
Hanlon is out for tomorrow

Keith_M
27-11-2020, 01:55 PM
Hanlon is out for tomorrow

Disappointing. Thankfully we don't play a premiership team for another week.

I wasn't too impressed with McGregor on Tuesday, but maybe his performance was down to a lack of match sharpness.

Sir David Gray
27-11-2020, 02:25 PM
I agree with other posters, this game should be free to season ticket holders as good will for their contribution. Many season ticket holders scraped through to keep the club ticking over.

I'd like it to have been included but I wasn't expecting it to be. It is what it is and people will need to make up their minds about whether or not they pay for it - personally I will.

I do wonder though whether anyone will challenge the wording on the club's season ticket campaign;

All Hibernian season ticket holders for season 2020/21 shall:

- Be the only supporters with guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets-hospitality/season-tickets

Again, I think most people would assume it was referring to league games only but it is quite ambiguous.

Brightside
27-11-2020, 02:46 PM
No Hanlon is a worry.

JohnMcM
27-11-2020, 02:56 PM
It isn't hard to understand why some on here are 'upset' about this PPV. Bottom line is the club has explained, quite clearly, why it must be so.

I'm please we've got the Hibspass for those of us who could afford a ST again this season.

As time passes with this Covid thing money could be more of an issue for some folks, so, in addition to the 'principle' of paying more for PPV on top of an ST could be a bitter pill to swallow.

I'll take the PPV option in the knowledge that the greater part of that payment is going into the club.:agree:

flash
27-11-2020, 02:56 PM
Would be tempted to play Doig at left centre back as I hate having two right sided central defenders.

JXM73
27-11-2020, 03:32 PM
Fingers crossed the dodgy youtube guys show the stream, otherwise open all mics it is...

thegaffer12
27-11-2020, 03:58 PM
Commentary on Tuesday were making suggestions about Josh Doig being destined for the Paul Hanlon role in the future. Think there's a chance he could be there tomorrow? Convinced that McGregor-Porteous isn't a good centre back combination.

HH81
27-11-2020, 04:01 PM
Have baught the PPV for every game this season apart from Celtic away.

Worth every penny. Great service. Hope it carry on when crowds are back in for games I can't attend.

Andy74
27-11-2020, 04:30 PM
If stick Gogic at the back for this one.

JammyDoidger
27-11-2020, 05:10 PM
I'd go

Marciano

Gray
Mcgregor
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Gogic
Newell
Doig

Nisbet
Doidge

ekhibee
27-11-2020, 05:28 PM
I'd go

Marciano

Gray
Mcgregor
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Gogic
Newell
Doig

Nisbet
Doidge

I'd drop Mallan and replace him with any midfielder that passes the ball forward. I'd play Mackie at LB. Doig and Porteous at the back. Just my opinion though

JimBHibees
27-11-2020, 05:29 PM
I'd go

Marciano

Gray
Mcgregor
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Gogic
Newell
Doig

Nisbet
Doidge

Is Porto injured?

flash
27-11-2020, 05:34 PM
I'd go

Marciano

Gray
Mcgregor
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Gogic
Newell
Doig

Nisbet
Doidge
Top trolling. Tell me you are.

JimBHibees
27-11-2020, 05:34 PM
I'd drop Mallan and replace him with any midfielder that passes the ball forward. I'd play Mackie at LB. Doig and Porteous at the back. Just my opinion though

Can remember Mallan smashing the ball forward into the back of the net the last time we played the same opposition

Brightside
27-11-2020, 05:39 PM
Would be tempted to play Doig at left centre back as I hate having two right sided central defenders.

I agree. He’s played there loads.

Brightside
27-11-2020, 05:40 PM
I'd go

Marciano

Gray
Mcgregor
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Gogic
Newell
Doig

Nisbet
Doidge

That back 3. I hope your have a time machine.

JammyDoidger
27-11-2020, 05:41 PM
Top trolling. Tell me you are.

Gray and Stevenson comfortable defending wide areas, and should be more comfortable on the ball than having mcgregor or Porteous in they positions, allows boyle and doig push further on, gogic to drop in and make a 4 when defending. Rather not risk Porteous with Hanlon out, and Murphy with his injury history can get a wee rest.

hibee-boys
27-11-2020, 06:13 PM
Rocky
Mcginn Porteous Doig
Boyle Newell Gogic Mackie
Murphy
Doidge Nisbet

One of 2 chances of silverware this year, let’s win the game before we start worrying about resting players.

Billy Whizz
28-11-2020, 10:50 AM
Wonder if we’ll see Gray start today, and McGinn to centre half, or Gray at centre half
He did the press conference pre match, and was saying how free of injury he was, for, and desperate to play
McGinn and Hanlon a booking away from a suspension, so we could do with Gray getting up to speed

Brightside
28-11-2020, 11:00 AM
Wonder if we’ll see Gray start today, and McGinn to centre half, or Gray at centre half
He did the press conference pre match, and was saying how free of injury he was, for, and desperate to play
McGinn and Hanlon a booking away from a suspension, so we could do with Gray getting up to speed
That’s really worrying tbh. Gray at CH when he has younger wouldn’t be great. He was awful in the game v Celtic. But we don’t really have many options. I’d rather have Doig in as LCB. Porto CB. McGinn RCB. In a back 3.

CMurdoch
28-11-2020, 11:09 AM

Good point Billy.

Centre half could become an issue if Hanlon or Porteous are injured or suspended from next Saturday until the end of the season. Sadly for him and us McGregor at 35 with his dodgy knees appeared to have finally jumped the shark last Saturday. One of my big favourites but I think it is over for him. Should change roles during the January window with a new centre half brought in on loan.

JimBHibees
28-11-2020, 12:07 PM
That’s really worrying tbh. Gray at CH when he has younger wouldn’t be great. He was awful in the game v Celtic. But we don’t really have many options. I’d rather have Doig in as LCB. Porto CB. McGinn RCB. In a back 3.

Only played for ten mins and though gave away a soft free kick hardly awful

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-11-2020, 12:09 PM
Good point Billy.

Centre half could become an issue if Hanlon or Porteous are injured or suspended from next Saturday until the end of the season. Sadly for him and us McGregor at 35 with his dodgy knees appeared to have finally jumped the shark last Saturday. One of my big favourites but I think it is over for him. Should change roles during the January window with a new centre half brought in on loan.

What does jumped the shark mean?

GreenCastle
28-11-2020, 12:24 PM
Can remember Mallan smashing the ball forward into the back of the net the last time we played the same opposition

That made me chuckle..

Mallan is a goal threat from midfield. It’s what around him that’s important.

Brightside
28-11-2020, 12:28 PM
What does jumped the shark mean?

Finished. Based on an episode of Happy Days!

Brightside
28-11-2020, 12:29 PM
Only played for ten mins and though gave away a soft free kick hardly awful

Bounce game at start of season.

JimBHibees
28-11-2020, 12:32 PM
Bounce game at start of season.

Apologies thought you were talking about last week.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-11-2020, 12:34 PM
Finished. Based on an episode of Happy Days!

Oh well, every days a school day.

Billy Whizz
28-11-2020, 12:47 PM
Starting XI: Marciano, P. McGinn, McGregor, Porteous, Mackie, Boyle, Mallan, Newell, Murphy, Doidge, Nisbet.

♻ Substitutes: Barnes, Gray, Doig, Gogic, Hallberg, S. McGinn, Wright, Bradley, Gullan.
Doidge in for Gogic

Hibs90
28-11-2020, 12:47 PM
Strongest team possible please and a few goals :greengrin

JimBHibees
28-11-2020, 12:49 PM
Big call not playing Gogic. Doidge in what looks like 442

we are hibs
28-11-2020, 12:50 PM
Charlie Adam with free reign to ping 70 yard passes then

Broken Gnome
28-11-2020, 12:51 PM
That's basically telling the midfield/forwards to actually make sure they finish chances for once, as there's naff all to help out the defence.

BlackSheep
28-11-2020, 12:52 PM
Leaving Gogic out with no similar replacement is a huge call... up to Mallan and Newell to command the midfield... not sure we will see that though.

Brightside
28-11-2020, 01:02 PM
I’m actually hoping is a 433 of it’s a flat 4 we could will get humped.

Stuart93
28-11-2020, 01:04 PM
Mallan in a midfield 2, not good.

Smartie
28-11-2020, 01:10 PM
I'm not going to be watching the game today as I'm about to take my wee girl up to the Links but my first impression is that that team has a couple of screaming Achilles heels.

I've got the fear a bit tbh. They weren't a great team when we last played but they were good enough to make life uncomfortable for us when we dropped our standards.

A rusty CH with zero protection in front is asking for trouble imo.

JimBHibees
28-11-2020, 01:20 PM
Charlie Adam with free reign to ping 70 yard passes then

Kind of what I was thinking.

Andy74
28-11-2020, 01:22 PM
I’m actually hoping is a 433 of it’s a flat 4 we could will get humped.

Sure.