PDA

View Full Version : On the bright side...

Keith_M
24-11-2020, 07:57 PM
Yes, I'm disappointed we didn't get all three points tonight. A number of our players were poor and I don't get the Gogic substitution at all. However, as way of balance to the inevitable over-reaction from many....

...we've just moved up into third place (however briefly).

We could really do with some new signings but the team, and the manager, are obviously nowhere near as bad as some people want to believe.

Lendo
24-11-2020, 08:00 PM
Tonight was never going to be easy. St. Johnston’s record at Easter Road speaks for its self. Proper bogey team for us at home.

Scottie
24-11-2020, 08:04 PM
Tonight was never going to be easy. St. Johnston’s record at Easter Road speaks for its self. Proper bogey team for us at home.
Every team is a bogey team for us at home mate :faf:

Lendo
24-11-2020, 08:05 PM

Good point

CMurdoch
24-11-2020, 08:09 PM
Yes, I'm disappointed we didn't get all three points tonight. A number of our players were poor and I don't get the Gogic substitution at all. However, as way of balance to the inevitable over-reaction from many....

...we've just moved up into third place (however briefly).

We could really do with some new signings but the team, and the manager, are obviously nowhere near as bad as some people want to believe.

I am about to look at the match thread.
Think I need to steel myself.
It's hard to get over stimulated and angry about the result of a football match during a pandemic but some folk manage it in spades.
Saying that tonight wasn't good.

Phil MaGlass
24-11-2020, 08:32 PM
I am about to look at the match thread.
Think I need to steel myself.
It's hard to get over stimulated and angry about the result of a football match during a pandemic but some folk manage it in spades.
Saying that tonight wasn't good.

I think alot of folk will be stressed out because of the last months catching up on them, I can understand it myself, having had an altercation or two at work recently, bit out of character for me.
People need to vent, and a forum(whether folk agree or not) imo is justbas good a place as any, I reckon this bloody pandemic has heightened it.

Stuart93
24-11-2020, 08:38 PM
I think alot of folk will be stressed out because of the last months catching up on them, I can understand it myself, having had an altercation or two at work recently, bit out of character for me.
People need to vent, and a forum(whether folk agree or not) imo is justbas good a place as any, I reckon this bloody pandemic has heightened it.

Spot on. More or less what I’ve been trying to say but not able to articulate it as well as that.

NAE NOOKIE
24-11-2020, 08:40 PM
This is the problem, no we aren't rubbish, no tonight's performance wasn't 'terrible' ...... What it was, as someone on the matchday thread said, was mediocre, and for most of the season that's what we have been, a team who perform 'pretty well' at times and at others barely struggling up to the level of 'alright I suppose'

What I would give for a John McGinn type player who will grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drag his team mates along with him, at the moment we have no such player and boy do we need one.

Our next 3 fixtures are Dundee at home and Motherwell and Hamilton away .... we simply can't lose to Dundee ... but we also have to take at least 4 points from the other two, because if we don't then we will be seeing the end of Jack Ross's honeymoon period and he will become the focus of attention. Before folk start on me I'm not for a second saying his coat will be on a shoogly peg, but he will start being judged the way every Hibs manager is judged.

No we don't expect to beat Celtic and the Rangers, no we don't expect to win at Pittodrie, but we do expect to be beating the rest home or away and Aberdeen at Easter Road and if we cant with the players we have then the manager has to carry the can for it.

kaimendhibs
24-11-2020, 08:47 PM
We didnt lose and Jamie Mackie is a joy to watch

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
25-11-2020, 06:34 AM

You know, I think you could well be right.

Hibernian Verse
25-11-2020, 07:15 AM
We didnt lose and Jamie Mackie is a joy to watch

I enjoyed Darren's performance personally.

calumhibee1
25-11-2020, 07:37 AM
There’s definitely an element of that for me.

Whilst I genuinely do think were crap to watch I think it’s exasperated by the fact that almost everything is a bit crap just now. So it’s almost a default position to take :greengrin

Greenbeard
25-11-2020, 09:05 AM
I enjoyed Darren's performance personally.
Darren Murphy?

Keith_M
25-11-2020, 09:07 AM
Darren Murphy?

The commentator kept saying 'Darren Mackie'

Viva_Palmeiras
25-11-2020, 02:49 PM
Gogic sub was probably looking at bigger picture. he's not indestructible and has travelled a lot so probably took that into consideration rather than have him tire and potentially break-down. Don't need another 2 on the treatment table...

HoboHarry
25-11-2020, 02:51 PM
Bright side for me is that tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I have the next 5 days off :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2020, 03:14 PM

Hamilton, Celtic, Killie, Motherwell, St Mirren, Ross county and Livi have a combined 1 win at Easter Road since our promotion. Thats over half the league.

kaimendhibs
25-11-2020, 03:15 PM
I enjoyed Darren's performance personally.Sorry, meant Murphy.

Iggy Pope
25-11-2020, 03:39 PM
Hamilton, Celtic, Killie, Motherwell, St Mirren, Ross county and Livi have a combined 1 win at Easter Road since our promotion. Thats over half the league.

That is a shut the **** up post if ever I read one!

CMurdoch
25-11-2020, 04:05 PM

Wow, where did you pull that one from?

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2020, 04:07 PM
Wow, where did you pull that one from?

My brain actually. Hamilton got the win, 3-1.

Hamilton, Huns, Hearts, St J and Aberdeen are only ones to win I think. Might be wrong.

Since452
25-11-2020, 04:20 PM
Sign of how well we've done under Ross when there were meltdowns last night after moving into 3rd. Imagine we click...