PDA

View Full Version : Next up St Johnstone

Billy Whizz
23-11-2020, 11:30 AM
Enjoyed our much better performance on Saturday, and looking forward to Tuesdays game now!
St Johnstone have always been tough opponents for Hibs, and I can’t see this game being any different

Can’t see too many changes from Saturday’s starting line up, but will depend if Doidge is fit enough, although Mallon did enough for me on Saturday to stay in the team
I’ll take a narrow win, to go 3rd in the League come Tuesday night
Remember it’s a 7pm ko

hibbydog
23-11-2020, 11:43 AM
Enjoyed our much better performance on Saturday, and looking forward to Tuesdays game now!
St Johnstone have always been tough opponents for Hibs, and I can’t see this game being any different

Can’t see too many changes from Saturday’s starting line up, but will depend if Doidge is fit enough, although Mallon did enough for me on Saturday to stay in the team
I’ll take a narrow win, to go 3rd in the League come Tuesday night
Remember it’s a 7pm ko

Agreed. In any league game, any kind of win will do.

Mon the Hibs

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-11-2020, 11:49 AM
St Johnstone will be a really tough game and it will be close.

We've just been through a particularly tough set of fixtures and as a result the likes of Dundee UTD, Killie and Motherwell could soon be putting pressure on us if we dont watch out.

On the flip side we have a good run of home fixtures coming up so hopefully we start picking up points again, fingers crossed - starting with a win tomorrow.

Keith_M
23-11-2020, 11:54 AM
Agreed. In any league game, any kind of win will do.

Mon the Hibs

Would be nice if we didn't have to wait until the 91st minute to score this time.

I can't begin to imagine the state of the Hibs v Saints thread if that happens again.

Ronniekirk
23-11-2020, 12:11 PM
The last time we could of gone third up at Aberdeen we just didn’t turn up and imploded in first 15 minutes
Don’t expect that to happen on Tuesday Night
But as long as we win and not to fussed about performance
Would like to see Boyle back to his best though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
23-11-2020, 12:14 PM
Vital game. Early goal and we'll skoosh it. Longer it goes 0-0, they'll do what they usually do.

Brightside
23-11-2020, 02:52 PM
Stop Ali McCann playing and we win.

Chorley Hibee
23-11-2020, 02:57 PM
St Johnstone have scored a winner/equaliser in the last minute on their last 3 visits to Easter Road.

We've still not managed a win at home to them since we were promoted.

Other than that I'm looking forward to the game. 🙈🤣

hibbydog
23-11-2020, 03:16 PM
Would be nice if we didn't have to wait until the 91st minute to score this time.

I can't begin to imagine the state of the Hibs v Saints thread if that happens again.

Ach, I guess I’ve got more realistic expectations. I’d love us to play free flowing attacking football whilst our goalkeeper does cartwheels and The manager pulls handkerchiefs from his ar5e.

But this is Hibs. Any win will do !!

JimBHibees
23-11-2020, 03:18 PM
Traditionally a difficult game for us and can't see this being any different. Think they are unbeaten in 8 games so in decent form. Murray Davidson took a sore one at the weekend so he will be a miss as usually plays well against us. Would be good to start well and win comfortably however will be a battle. Think Murphy and Boyle wide can win it for us.

B.H.F.C
23-11-2020, 03:23 PM
Same team for me. Would like to see how Boyle, Nisbet and Murphy perform in that shape when we have more of the ball. Did well enough with the limited attacking opportunities we had on Saturday.

JimBHibees
23-11-2020, 03:30 PM
Same team for me. Would like to see how Boyle, Nisbet and Murphy perform in that shape when we have more of the ball. Did well enough with the limited attacking opportunities we had on Saturday.

Agree no reason to change.

Lendo
23-11-2020, 03:54 PM
St Johnstone have scored a winner/equaliser in the last minute on their last 3 visits to Easter Road.

We've still not managed a win at home to them since we were promoted.

Other than that I'm looking forward to the game. 🙈🤣

We’ve not beaten them at home in the league since the 25th of August 2012. We will put that right on Tuesday.

Since452
23-11-2020, 07:04 PM
I have a feeling we'll win this one quite comfortably

Jim44
23-11-2020, 09:09 PM

:agree: 3-0 Hibs hands down.

Souter96Mac
24-11-2020, 09:57 AM
Confident for tonight. They've only scored 11 goals this season, 5 of them coming against Hamilton.

Sounds like Doidge will be back in the squad which will be a boost too.

Don't think I'd change much from the starting eleven from Saturday though, and then have options like Doidge and Gullan to bring on off the bench

hibbysam
24-11-2020, 10:08 AM
Confident for tonight. They've only scored 11 goals this season, 5 of them coming against Hamilton.

Sounds like Doidge will be back in the squad which will be a boost too.

Don't think I'd change much from the starting eleven from Saturday though, and then have options like Doidge and Gullan to bring on off the bench

Same team for me. And that’s the setup I’d like us to use more often than not. Love Doidge but we need three in the middle of the park, and having Boyle, Murphy and Nisbet gives us far more movement and flexibility.

ABZHFC
24-11-2020, 10:10 AM
See a draw unfortunately, with the customary late St Johnstone equaliser down the Dunbar End that they always seem to get, hope I'm wrong though, would love a good performance and a comfortable win!

Stuart93
24-11-2020, 10:54 AM
I reckon we’ll get the much needed 3 points tonight to put us back on the right path again

Hillsidehibby
24-11-2020, 11:29 AM
Mind it’s a 7pm kick off

basehibby
24-11-2020, 01:54 PM
I think the last two games will have given the team a much needed shot in the arm and they will go into this one brimming with self belief and deliver a winning performance.

neil7908
24-11-2020, 02:26 PM
Definitely feeling more optimistic after the last couple of performances. Think we'll win tonight but they always give us a game.

A really important 3 points, especially with Aberdeen playing Hamilton and pretty much guaranteed a win.

weecounty hibby
24-11-2020, 02:57 PM
We need a win tonight no doubt, but I have a sneaky feeling that Hamilton will get something out if the game v the sheep botherers

Hiber-nation
24-11-2020, 02:59 PM
Hibs 6/5 tonight. We'd usually be odds on for a game like this considering the league positions.

WhileTheChief..
24-11-2020, 02:59 PM

Agreed.

I don’t get all the “tough game” chat we read on here before every match.

This will be one of the easier games of the season.

JimBHibees
24-11-2020, 03:04 PM
We need a win tonight no doubt, but I have a sneaky feeling that Hamilton will get something out if the game v the sheep botherers

Hope so but think Hamilton are struggling big time at the moment.

Heisenberg
24-11-2020, 03:07 PM
Agreed.

Probably due to their recent record at ER. They are a tough side and showed as much when we played them in Perth too. Won’t be a walkover imo.

Crab apple
24-11-2020, 03:07 PM
Stop Ali McCann playing and we win.

I see Ali McCann has been linked with a move to the huns in January.

flash
24-11-2020, 04:06 PM
Agreed.

Yeah like we always do when they come to Easter Road.

Stuart93
24-11-2020, 04:30 PM
Agreed.

I’m not sure I think it’ll be as easy as that tbh.

I think we’ll win but not by much

marinello59
24-11-2020, 04:36 PM
I think we are in for a tough night, I still expect us to win though.
1-0 to Hibs.

Since452
24-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Same team as Saturday

Hermit Crab
24-11-2020, 04:55 PM
Must win game to keep the pressure on

Since90+2
24-11-2020, 05:03 PM
Must win game to keep the pressure on

It's not a must win game. It's a game we will hopefully win but at this stage of the season it's certainly not a must win.

Keith_M
24-11-2020, 05:09 PM
It's not a must win game. It's a game we will hopefully win but at this stage of the season it's certainly not a must win.

How about a, 'it would be really good to win' game, to keep the pressure on?

Since90+2
24-11-2020, 05:27 PM
How about a, 'it would be really good to win' game, to keep the pressure on?

That'll do.

We've only had 1 must win game so far this season and unfortunately we lost.