PDA

View Full Version : David Tanner

kaimendhibs
21-11-2020, 04:42 PM
Surely Hibs can find someone better than him to front Hibs Pass?
We need a proper Hibby in there, totally biased and partisan.
Turned into Celtc tv at the end there.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1875Sean
21-11-2020, 04:43 PM
Surprised they never offered it to Grant Stott

pedroorange1875
21-11-2020, 04:43 PM
Ridiculous segments in the show asking about Celtic and Rangers, questioning Collins on his opinion about Ajetti and Frimpongo, is a Hibs channel you clown

givescotlandfreedom
21-11-2020, 04:44 PM
Agreed. Nonsense about the Old Firm and pandering to one off celtic fans today. Didn't help after already being annoyed at losing that lead.

JohnM1875
21-11-2020, 04:44 PM
He needs to go. Totally agree.

The amount of Celtic chat involved today was embarrassing.

I'm a Hibs fan and paid for this service. Couldn't give a flying **** how 'off it Ajeti looked today'

MB62
21-11-2020, 04:47 PM
Agree with all the above

hibsmad
21-11-2020, 04:50 PM
I agree there was too much Celtic chat today, but surely that's not all down to David Tanner?

Its been all Hibs chat so far this season and I can't imagine him making the decision on his own to discuss the opposition more today.

Speedy
21-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Seemed very stuck to his notes. And it bothers me the way he says Hibernian all the time :greengrin call us Hibs ffs

Callum_62
21-11-2020, 04:52 PM
Hanlon, gogic, porteous gray and Ross GTF

And take the D Tanner with ye anaw

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
21-11-2020, 04:53 PM
Seemed very stuck to his notes. And it bothers me the way he says Hibernian all the time :greengrin call us Hibs ffs

I agree with all the Tanner points but I prefer Hibernian to Hibs.

kaimendhibs
21-11-2020, 04:54 PM
Surprised they never offer it to Grant StottGood shout

Mikey_1875
21-11-2020, 04:57 PM
Giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is prompted to include non hibs chat I still find him very robotic and not sure how clued up he is in general about us. Small issue though I suppose.

Speedy
21-11-2020, 05:00 PM
I agree with all the Tanner points but I prefer Hibernian to Hibs.

Fair enough. Don't think I've ever heard anyone call us Hibernian in real world conversation. Certainly not heard a hibby call us Hibernian

Since90+2
21-11-2020, 05:03 PM
He speaks like an uncle you have that doesn't really like or know much about football but chats about it because he knows you like it.

Seems like a nice enough bloke but he's abit of a strange choice for a Hibs TV channel.

bigwheel
21-11-2020, 05:04 PM
I don’t mind him. Good pro ..agree that Perhaps the production choices on topics were poor. But that won’t be all him ..

DaveF
21-11-2020, 05:06 PM
Whoever it was that compared him to Troy McLure was bang on.

Carheenlea
21-11-2020, 05:09 PM
Cheesetastic

SaulGoodman
21-11-2020, 05:10 PM

Wtaf

keep the faith
21-11-2020, 05:19 PM
Genuine question - is he a football fan? His questions are terrible and gives the impression he doesn't know much.

Mr Grieves
21-11-2020, 05:34 PM
I just can't take to him. He's very smarmy and his patter is awful.

I like everyone else that's involved and the guests have been good, especially yogi.

green.oracle
21-11-2020, 05:35 PM
I don’t mind him. Good pro ..agree that Perhaps the production choices on topics were poor. But that won’t be all him ..

IMHO don't agree. He's very wooden and does not know his subject matter (Hibs then football) very well.

Surely we could have got a Hibs man to do this gig?

The Captain....
21-11-2020, 05:36 PM
There's a smugness about him I cannot abide (i used to mute the tv when he was presenting on sky). Surely there are more Hibs focussed candidates who could do it.

Send him to huns tv..they will lap up his patter there.

JohnM1875
21-11-2020, 05:37 PM
I haven't had any real issues at all with the product until today.

The Celtic pandering was honestly pathetic.

Peevemor
21-11-2020, 05:45 PM
The Celtic pandering I can understand. I've no idea how many Celtic fans bought PPV today - say a thousand for arguments sake.

That's in £15k income where otherwise there's almost nothing coming in.

Hibs will want at least the same again later in the season.

I'd much rather Tam McManus stop being so negative during the match. That's 2 weeks running he's been very critical. He can be honest and at the same time less negative in his opinions.

Dmas
21-11-2020, 05:49 PM
I thought Tam McManus was bad today as well

Carheenlea
21-11-2020, 05:51 PM
The Celtic pandering I can understand. I've no idea how many Celtic fans bought PPV today - say a thousand for arguments sake.

I'd much rather Tam McManus stop being so negative during the match. That's 2 weeks running he's been very critical. He can be honest and at the same time less negative in his opinions.

If I’m paying £15 as a visiting supporter to watch a home club’s PPV I’m genuinely not expecting any impartiality or any post match analysis of Hibs. Very much like paying a lot more than that to watch Hibs away as a travelling fan.

If you can’t be biased towards your favourite club on your own TV broadcast, where can you? (BBC excepted :greengrin)

NAE NOOKIE
21-11-2020, 05:53 PM
I haven't had any real issues at all with the product until today.

The Celtic pandering was honestly pathetic.

This for me too. I don't mind a balanced commentary during the match, if the other side score a good goal or have a fine passage of play then by all means acknowledge it. But when it comes to the after match stuff I want to hear where Hibs did and didn't go wrong and an analysis of the whole match that concentrates on us, with replays of any goals we lost to satisfy the away fans tuning in.

That today was more like watching Sportscene than Hibs TV ... I don't give two ****s how 'dropping' two points affects Celtic. I don't care how any individual Celtic player played either. More Hibs less Celtic thanks.

Dmas
21-11-2020, 05:56 PM

I’ve watched a few games on other clubs channels and I think Cliff and Tam call it fairer than the lot of them, I think that’s the most opposing fans can hope for buying a stream from a rival club and that should be enough to encourage people to pay again, today was pandering and they’ve not done it with anyone else so far and it’s a little too cringey for my liking

keep the faith
21-11-2020, 06:04 PM
I thought fraser fyfie on Don's tv was excellent when we played them the other week. He worked out hibs tactics in about 1 min and was knowledgable throughout with great observations and insights. Thats the standard we need.

Peevemor
21-11-2020, 06:11 PM
If I’m paying £15 as a visiting supporter to watch a home club’s PPV I’m genuinely not expecting any impartiality or any post match analysis of Hibs. Very much like paying a lot more than that to watch Hibs away as a travelling fan.

If you can’t be biased towards your favourite club on your own TV broadcast, where can you? (BBC excepted :greengrin)I didn't say that I agreed with the pandering, just that I understand it.

CMurdoch
21-11-2020, 06:13 PM
I was more concerned that it felt like the shopping channel.

It's a shame we couldn't have Jerry Sadovitz presenting instead of Tanner.
A bit of close quarters magic followed by gratuitous abuse of all and sundry would entertain and amaze.

Po faced blindingly obvious fitbaw chat interspersed with trying to sell dross every 5 minutes does my box in.

Carheenlea
I listen to a few Hibs podcasts and reckon the host/chair of HibsTalk would be a far better option than David Tanner.

Hibs minded discussion without any histrionics and chat about our opposition limited to brief acknowledgment. Would be a good few quid cheaper too. Give one of our own a lift up the rung of the ladder rather than line the pockets of a journeyman presenter for hire.

The 90+2
It annoyed me more when the music came on in the background when they scored. Tanner doesn’t like football and is a hun.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-11-2020, 06:40 PM
My Celtic supporting mate signed up to PPV and he mentioned there was no Away commentary from Sellick TV or rather the coverage they got was the same we got which may explain things (rightly or wrongly) a bit?

Lendo
21-11-2020, 06:48 PM
I know money is tight and every little bit is a help to Hibs, but the constant mention of sponsors for Man of the Match, match ball, whiskey sponsor, left sock sponsor*, penalty spot sponsor* was doing my head in.

(*Slight exaggeration but you get my point)

A Hi-Bee
21-11-2020, 07:04 PM
He is just another snake oil salesman whoring himself around to scratch out a pretty good living.

bigwheel
21-11-2020, 07:16 PM
He is just another snake oil salesman whoring himself around to scratch out a pretty good living.

his profession is a presenter and he is taking a job ?? It’s outrageous isn’t it

A Hi-Bee
21-11-2020, 07:18 PM
his profession is a presenter and he is taking a job ?? It’s outrageous isn’t it

Aye you call him presenter or whatever I will stick wi snake oil salesman.
:cb

Pedantic_Hibee
21-11-2020, 07:50 PM
I listen to a few Hibs podcasts and reckon the host/chair of HibsTalk would be a far better option than David Tanner.

Hibs minded discussion without any histrionics and chat about our opposition limited to brief acknowledgment. Would be a good few quid cheaper too. Give one of our own a lift up the rung of the ladder rather than line the pockets of a journeyman presenter for hire.

I think I’m the man for the job tbh...

Shrekko
21-11-2020, 08:04 PM
Agree with all the negative comments about this guy tbh- utterly woeful and how he’s made the career he’s had is beyond me. We’ve hired him just because he’s done national tv.

Last thing I felt like after the game was his awful wooden cheerfulness. He’s clueless about Hibs and football and all the Celtic stuff was an absolute nonsense. People really think it was somebody else telling him to ask JC what he thought of Frimpong and Ajeti etc? I doubt it.

Gloucester Hibs
21-11-2020, 08:12 PM
Whoever it was that compared him to Troy McLure was bang on.

On an older thread I called him the Troy McLure of Scottish Sports broadcasting 😁 He’s even got the daft “stuck on” smile

Hiber-nation
21-11-2020, 08:15 PM
Agree with all the negative comments about this guy tbh- utterly woeful and how he’s made the career he’s had is beyond me. We’ve hired him just because he’s done national tv.

Last thing I felt like after the game was his awful wooden cheerfulness. He’s clueless about Hibs and football and all the Celtic stuff was an absolute nonsense. People really think it was somebody else telling him to ask JC what he thought of Frimpong and Ajeti etc? I doubt it.

Agree, he is awful, he always has been and doesn't even take it seriously.

Since452
21-11-2020, 08:15 PM
He reminds me of a ventriloquists dummy

kaimendhibs
21-11-2020, 08:51 PM
his profession is a presenter and he is taking a job ?? It’s outrageous isn’t itDefo David [emoji3166]

Iggy Pope
21-11-2020, 09:04 PM
Fair enough. Don't think I've ever heard anyone call us Hibernian in real world conversation. Certainly not heard a hibby call us Hibernian

Baws!

matty_f
21-11-2020, 11:25 PM
I think I’m the man for the job tbh...

I’d pay very good money to see that.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-11-2020, 11:59 PM
The guy who was doing the commentary for BBC Scotland was talking about Rangers as soon as Murphy buried the penalty rebound. It must be part and parcel of being an SPL commentator.

NAE NOOKIE
22-11-2020, 12:36 AM
Baws!

Well not quite. I think the only time I've ever referred to Hibs as Hibernian is when explaining to an English person or non football person what club I support. In all other circumstances it's Hibs. I wouldn't imagine the folk on Hearts TV refer to them as Heart of Midlothian and I'm willing to bet the folk on Man United TV dont spend the post match analysis referring to them as Manchester United.

I would expect anybody working for the club to refer to them as Hibs, it is after all our day to day name, if you like the affectionate name for the club ....... I've known my brother Mike for 50 odd years and I cant remember the last time I ever called him Michael ..... Hibernian should be for club statements and the club badge IMO :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
22-11-2020, 05:43 AM
Well not quite. I think the only time I've ever referred to Hibs as Hibernian is when explaining to an English person or non football person what club I support. In all other circumstances it's Hibs. I wouldn't imagine the folk on Hearts TV refer to them as Heart of Midlothian and I'm willing to bet the folk on Man United TV dont spend the post match analysis referring to them as Manchester United.

I would expect anybody working for the club to refer to them as Hibs, it is after all our day to day name, if you like the affectionate name for the club ....... I've known my brother Mike for 50 odd years and I cant remember the last time I ever called him Michael ..... Hibernian should be for club statements and the club badge IMO :greengrin

Are we really doing this...?

Doesn’t Leeann refer to us as Hibernian ?

Hardly crime of the century. Seems some are going out our way to nit pick

Brightside
22-11-2020, 07:21 AM
This is a weird thread.

staunchhibby
22-11-2020, 07:29 AM
Hibs or Hibernian not fussed which

itslegaltender
22-11-2020, 07:45 AM
Tanner has been a poor choice. Do you think any of the two ugly sister would give a rats ass if a few thousand of us bought their ppv?

his comments after game felt like we were watching the usual weegie based pish that BBC orSky foist upon us. Even John Collins admitting he had t seen much of a Nisbet (our star of season so far) was galling.

Cabbie1875
22-11-2020, 07:51 AM

Geezo!!! Get a grip man

dp00
22-11-2020, 08:06 AM
It does feel that we started well with the Hibs match day stuff, putting a good bit of effort into it but now it seems to be more about getting sponsors names out there and some dull chat. I'm going to guess its a case of there simply isn't enough staff around to do everything after the cuts. I would imagine the media team is quite small atm and im guessing they have quite a bit to do. they are no doubt impacted by the lack of volunteers too

JimBHibees
22-11-2020, 08:11 AM

Celtic fans would have had the option of an away commentary would they not. No need for Hibs tv to cover how Celtic players played and how they lost 2 points nonsense. More than enough to talk about Hibs after that game. Many good performances they could have spoken about especially guys like Sean Mackie who was outstanding.

JohnM1875
22-11-2020, 09:05 AM
Celtic fans would have had the option of an away commentary would they not. No need for Hibs tv to cover how Celtic players played and how they lost 2 points nonsense. More than enough to talk about Hibs after that game. Many good performances they could have spoken about especially guys like Sean Mackie who was outstanding.

Apparently they didn't have an away commentary option. But that doesn't excuse all the Celtic chat! It's supposed to be a Hibs product.

At least we gave them the option to watch via PPV. They didn't even afford us that option.

hibbysam
22-11-2020, 09:08 AM
Apparently they didn't have an away commentary option. But that doesn't excuse all the Celtic chat! It's supposed to be a Hibs product.

At least we gave them the option to watch via PPV. They didn't even afford us that option.

Tanner doesn’t commentate. Whether they had Celtic commentary or not, they would still have had the HibsTv studio pre and post match.

Lancs Harp
22-11-2020, 09:37 AM

Just out of interest why do you feel the need to refer to us as Hibernian as oppose to Hibs when explaining to an English person what football team you support? Being English and having lived in England virtually my entire life I would think more people here are familiar with "Hibs" than they are "Hibernian." I dont recall once ever having to explain to someone that Hibs is short for Hibernian and havent got a single friend or acquaintance that would use Hibernian before Hibs in a conversation.

Not that it really matters.

Sir David Gray
22-11-2020, 09:46 AM
Tanner doesn’t commentate. Whether they had Celtic commentary or not, they would still have had the HibsTv studio pre and post match.

Not necessarily. I haven't had the home team's studio chat any time I've chosen the away commentary for any of the away matches so far - I simply get a picture of the two clubs' badges and then the Hibs TV logo for 15 minutes and then the picture restarts when the teams come back out for the second half. At full time, there's a brief summary of the match from Cliff Pike and Tam McManus and then the stream ends.

Bobby's Cinema
22-11-2020, 09:56 AM

As on other threads - agreed! First half was too much and not what you expect on your own club's channel.
Found myself stepping up my encouragement for the players in response - however bizarre that is from behind the screen!!

DavieRoy
22-11-2020, 10:52 AM
At the end of the day, Jamie Murphy is on loan, however technical re he will never go back to Rangers, he is on loan.

As for the coverage, I thought it was okay. John Collins has played for both, the main focus was on Hibs. I thought the Celtic situation was a part of the story yesterday. I had no problem about it being mentioned especially given the chat always can back to us. It is Hibs TV, we all watch for Hibs but I like the fact that there is two teams on the field and we acknowledged that. David and John were good.

On Tuesday, if Stevie May scores a double, I would expect the studio to mention his current upturn in form and how he has turned it around.

As for Tam, do we want people to be honest or just a box with a painted on smile that everything is okay?

basehibby
22-11-2020, 01:16 PM

What an absolute plum you are mate! A perfect example of posting on an empty head. But this thread in general displays starkly how many folk are just not happy unless they have something to bump their gums about.

Tanner is fine - a professional link man who keeps the conversation running nicely pre and post match and at HT. Plenty of Hibs centered content and comment was provided by JC and by Tam during the game - both of whom speak well, having a deep love for the Hibees which shines through but plenty enough professionalism to speak in an objective and intelligent manner. The only complaint I would have is about the sound man (if there is one). At times the volume on Tanner's mic was off the scale which was a wee bit irritating.

Iggy Pope
22-11-2020, 01:22 PM

“We are Hibs FC. We hate Jam Tarts and we hate Dundee?
“We’re Turnbull’s Tornadoes...Hibs is the name.
“Opponents lose all hope when we get them down the slope...Hibs! Give us a goal!
“I’ve always been a Hibs soldier”

Like I said. Baws. Why would anyone non Scot or non football recognise us as Hibernian if it’s a name so seldom used?
People at the club? Have you ever attended an AGM man? You can’t move for Hibernianisms.

Shrekko
22-11-2020, 02:43 PM
What an absolute plum you are mate! A perfect example of posting on an empty head. But this thread in general displays starkly how many folk are just not happy unless they have something to bump their gums about.

Tanner is fine - a professional link man who keeps the conversation running nicely pre and post match and at HT. Plenty of Hibs centered content and comment was provided by JC and by Tam during the game - both of whom speak well, having a deep love for the Hibees which shines through but plenty enough professionalism to speak in an objective and intelligent manner. The only complaint I would have is about the sound man (if there is one). At times the volume on Tanner's mic was off the scale which was a wee bit irritating.

I don’t think you’re right about that - I think folk are moaning because he’s utterly awful and has no connection with us. He’s like a fish out of water and it smacks of an easy buck for him with not much effort. He’s a lucky guy!

You think he’s professional and keeps things flowing nicely which is your opinion but I think there are many who disagree.

kaimendhibs
22-11-2020, 02:50 PM
I don’t think you’re right about that - I think folk are moaning because he’s utterly awful and has no connection with us. He’s like a fish out of water and it smacks of an easy buck for him with not much effort. He’s a lucky guy!

You think he’s professional and keeps things flowing nicely which is your opinion but I think there are many who disagree.Agree. Hes wooden and disinterested when guests are speaking. This is a hibs channel for Hibs season ticket holders and we deserve a Hibs fan to be the presenter.
I dont care about 'impartial' analysis, I want raw hibs bias and passion.
And, im not alone

Jonnyboy
22-11-2020, 04:20 PM
Agree. Hes wooden and disinterested when guests are speaking. This is a hibs channel for Hibs season ticket holders and we deserve a Hibs fan to be the presenter.
I dont care about 'impartial' analysis, I want raw hibs bias and passion.
And, im not alone

Should get Luke Shanley in

kaimendhibs
22-11-2020, 04:21 PM
Should get Luke Shanley inAnother good shout

Billy Whizz
22-11-2020, 04:21 PM
Should get Luke Shanley in

He works for Sky on match days

Jonnyboy
22-11-2020, 04:23 PM
He works for Sky on match days

I know but he’d be the man for the job. Luke is a SKY employee so it’s unlikely to happen but you can but hope 😀

Billy Whizz
22-11-2020, 04:33 PM
I know but he’d be the man for the job. Luke is a SKY employee so it’s unlikely to happen but you can but hope 😀

No way he’ll be doing anything like this, while still at Sky
Tanner is fine, it’s only half an hour every 2 weeks, and he’ll be gone when we’re back in the grounds

Risboro Hibby
22-11-2020, 04:56 PM
I am going to give Hibs credit when it came to them appointing Tanner as there anchor man for the televised games whilst fans are locked out the stadium

They wanted to make the match presentation professional and thus sent out a message to us fans that they would treat us with respect by getting a professional presenter to host the matches

Yes always saying Hibernian and his lack of passion towards us is irritating solely because it is our TV channel. He does though present well and leads the guests into focusing on the important talking points of the match,

For a club TV channel I think we have to give the club our respect for getting this right.

kaimendhibs
22-11-2020, 05:08 PM
I am going to give Hibs credit when it came to them appointing Tanner as there anchor man for the televised games whilst fans are locked out the stadium

They wanted to make the match presentation professional and thus sent out a message to us fans that they would treat us with respect by getting a professional presenter to host the matches

Yes always saying Hibernian and his lack of passion towards us is irritating solely because it is our TV channel. He does though present well and leads the guests into focusing on the important talking points of the match,

For a club TV channel I think we have to give the club our respect for getting this right.Could not disagree more sorry.

Peevemor
22-11-2020, 05:34 PM
Tanner is what he is. A bit cheesy for me but at least Hibs brought in a seasoned professional - there are plenty who'd complain had the club gone for a perceived "cheap option".

I've been watching matches for years via Hibs TV so I've no real need for a pre-match programme. If I'm ready to watch I'll switch it on, if I miss it I'm not bothered.

Out of the 2 people in our wee studio yesterday, it's not David Tanner that annoys me more.

lord bunberry
22-11-2020, 05:46 PM
Tanner is what he is. A bit cheesy for me but at least Hibs brought in a seasoned professional - there are plenty who'd complain had the club gone for a perceived "cheap option".

I've been watching matches for years via Hibs TV so I've no real need for a pre-match programme. If I'm ready to watch I'll switch it on, if I miss it I'm not bothered.

Out of the 2 people in our wee studio yesterday, it's not David Tanner that annoys me more.
I agree. I’m not really a fan of Tanner, but it’s not a big deal. The show is decent and has lots of content we didn’t get before. The one thing I don’t like is them sitting at that table, I’d much prefer they were outside standing like they do on sky and other clubs presentations.

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2020, 05:46 PM
I'd rather Cliff and his team presented the show, they have done their apprenticeship behind the camera's, time for them to be given the opportunity to be in front of the camera. We'd have no worries about them being pro Hibs.

Peevemor
22-11-2020, 05:50 PM
I'd rather Cliff and his team presented the show, they have done their apprenticeship behind the camera's, time for them to be given the opportunity to be in front of the camera. We'd have no worries about them being pro Hibs.To be fair to them, pre-match, half-time & full commentary would be quite a long shift for anyone.

Winston Ingram
22-11-2020, 05:52 PM
Genuine question - is he a football fan? His questions are terrible and gives the impression he doesn't know much.

He’s a Hun

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-11-2020, 06:37 PM
I'd rather Cliff and his team presented the show, they have done their apprenticeship behind the camera's, time for them to be given the opportunity to be in front of the camera. We'd have no worries about them being pro Hibs.

100% :agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-11-2020, 06:41 PM
To be fair to them, pre-match, half-time & full commentary would be quite a long shift for anyone.

I'd be happy with just the
match commentary. Put the Tanner money saved back into the club.

Iggy Pope
22-11-2020, 07:21 PM
I'd be happy with just the
match commentary. Put the Tanner money saved back into the club.

Agreed. I hope we’re not *****ing money away on studio match analysis from John Collins or Yogi either.

Callum_62
22-11-2020, 07:44 PM

Tanner is fine - a professional link man who keeps the conversation running nicely pre and post match and at HT. Plenty of Hibs centered content and comment was provided by JC and by Tam during the game - both of whom speak well, having a deep love for the Hibees which shines through but plenty enough professionalism to speak in an objective and intelligent manner. The only complaint I would have is about the sound man (if there is one). At times the volume on Tanner's mic was off the scale which was a wee bit irritating.An empty head would take my words of getting rid of 1/4 of our first 11 plus and manager and bizarrely the guy that presents Hibs TV match days [emoji23]

I guess it highlight just how barmy this forum really is, when a post like mine is actually taken seriously

Carheenlea
22-11-2020, 08:32 PM
I agree. I’m not really a fan of Tanner, but it’s not a big deal. The show is decent and has lots of content we didn’t get before. The one thing I don’t like is them sitting at that table, I’d much prefer they were outside standing like they do on sky and other clubs presentations.

We are fortunate to have our own room that overlooks the pitch that can be used for presentation of a game. Maybe others don`t have such a space. I`ve often wondered why other broadcasters dont use that facility rather than lugging the portacabin about and siting it down in the corner like they do.

Forza Fred
22-11-2020, 08:52 PM
I think the main problem is that he is not one of 'us'
he presents in a style that reinforces this by referring to us as Hibernian instead of HIBS and things like the HAPPY HIBBY draw instead of the HAPPY HIBEE

On Hibs TV I think most expected to be presented by someone who is from that camp, not just a talking head

Jonnyboy
22-11-2020, 09:21 PM
No way he’ll be doing anything like this, while still at Sky
Tanner is fine, it’s only half an hour every 2 weeks, and he’ll be gone when we’re back in the grounds

Oh well, I'll just have to do it then :greengrin

Peevemor
22-11-2020, 11:09 PM
I think the main problem is that he is not one of 'us'
he presents in a style that reinforces this by referring to us as Hibernian instead of HIBS and things like the HAPPY HIBBY draw instead of the HAPPY HIBEE

On Hibs TV I think most expected to be presented by someone who is from that camp, not just a talking headHappy Hibby for me and, in his defence, he did ask Yogi (IIRC) his advice on the pronunciation.

Brooster
23-11-2020, 07:33 AM
Agreed. I hope we’re not *****ing money away on studio match analysis from John Collins or Yogi either.

I hope not. I enjoy listening to Yogi but Collins is hard going.

Percy Vere
23-11-2020, 07:58 AM

Your a clown

Callum_62
23-11-2020, 08:12 AM
Your a clownI think you will find that the jokes on you mate.

See a few posts up.

oldbutdim
23-11-2020, 09:32 AM
I think you will find that the jokes on you mate.

See a few posts up.

I think you have a pretty unique sense of humour.

Callum_62
23-11-2020, 09:33 AM
I think you have a pretty unique sense of humour.To find this site laughable only needs a smidgeon

My post was a summary of this forum at the time

The overreaction to a 2-2 draw is indeed laughable

Peevemor
23-11-2020, 09:35 AM
To find this site laughable only needs a smidgeon

My post was a summary of this forum at the time

The overreaction to a 2-2 draw is indeed laughable

You normally aren't that much of a radge so I gave you the benefit of the doubt (for what it's worth).

Callum_62
23-11-2020, 09:43 AM
You normally aren't that much of a radge so I gave you the benefit of the doubt (for what it's worth).All my Christmas's have came early! [emoji23]

While a disappointing ending the result of the weekend needs put into perspective

Post all over the shop saying get rid of half our team (plus our hibs TV presenter) obviously isnt a viable way forward

I guess fans forums arnt always the most rationale places on earth

The 90+2
23-11-2020, 10:11 AM
What a heel turn tbh 🍺

hibee-boys
23-11-2020, 10:21 AM
Jeezo.....some people are just so easy to upset. I switch on Hibs TV to watch the game, I’m just glad it’s been some light relief for missing out on going to ER. The club are delivering a decent production, I don’t find David Tanner any worse/better than the vast majority of sports presenters out there. Then again, maybe I just don’t moan for moanings sake🤔

SJNB Hibby
23-11-2020, 11:26 AM
At the end of the day, Jamie Murphy is on loan, however technical re he will never go back to Rangers, he is on loan.

As for the coverage, I thought it was okay. John Collins has played for both, the main focus was on Hibs. I thought the Celtic situation was a part of the story yesterday. I had no problem about it being mentioned especially given the chat always can back to us. It is Hibs TV, we all watch for Hibs but I like the fact that there is two teams on the field and we acknowledged that. David and John were good.

On Tuesday, if Stevie May scores a double, I would expect the studio to mention his current upturn in form and how he has turned it around.

As for Tam, do we want people to be honest or just a box with a painted on smile that everything is okay?

This---they trying to make it look professional, and to be somewhat objective. The number of wild mood swings on this site every time we go a goal down, its a bit rich to complain about commentators not being 100% pro-Hibs