PDA

View Full Version : Mackie

Bangkok Hibby
21-11-2020, 05:04 PM
Certainly earned himself a run in the team now. Thought he was solid today.

Mr. Wonderful
21-11-2020, 05:11 PM
He was excellent today

lord bunberry
21-11-2020, 05:12 PM
Agreed he had a good game today, he’s strong and athletic, he could do with playing the easy ball at times but that will come with experience.

Golden Bear
21-11-2020, 05:13 PM

Yip, he grew in confidence after the first 10mins or so. A very satisfactory performance against a difficult opponent.

bigwheel
21-11-2020, 05:13 PM
There’s not been many (any?) squad players who have seized their chance , but Mackie did today. Will have the shirt on Tuesday I’m sure ....

Ronniekirk
21-11-2020, 05:14 PM
Cemented place on toddy’s performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
21-11-2020, 05:16 PM
He was great.

matty_f
21-11-2020, 05:17 PM
He had a very good game today.

overdrive
21-11-2020, 05:18 PM
He deserves to keep his place

eastmainsmsh
21-11-2020, 05:19 PM
Delighted for Sean played very well today

hibbysam
21-11-2020, 05:19 PM
Another one who is still fairly young. Won’t be on top of his game ever week, but needs to have a run in the side to build confidence. He’s more than good enough to play left back week in week out.

Crab apple
21-11-2020, 05:20 PM
Good game today and looks to have bulked up without losing any pace. Gives the manager another good option.

brog
21-11-2020, 05:29 PM
He came on against Dundee & looked strong, athletic & aggressive. He deserved his chance today & I'm really glad that he played well. He has previously had great assists against both of the uglies but as usual was written off by too many on here. I wish him every success,

04Sauzee
The shirt is his to lose

CMurdoch
Always had the strength and power but his decision making was poor last season.
Even stronger now but his decision making has improved greatly which is down to coaching and maturity.
Sadly it could signal the end for Lewis at the end of the season. Contract at an end and two young guys progressing well in his position.

Heisenberg
21-11-2020, 05:30 PM
He was tremendous.

truehibernian
21-11-2020, 05:33 PM
Solid game today, terrific engine. Just needs to sort out his positional sense as he develops but very promising, especially having been out so long. Well played Sean :agree::aok:

ancient hibee
21-11-2020, 05:33 PM
He stuck to it but to me gave the ball away too often and missed the chance to win the game at the end.Looks a much better player than he was.

JohnM1875
21-11-2020, 05:36 PM
What a performance from Mackie today! I know Murphy got MOTM for a goal and assist. Makes sense. But Mackie had to be next in line. Has to get a run in the team now.

B.H.F.C
21-11-2020, 05:37 PM
Best player today for me. Frimpong has ripped us to bits the last twice we’ve played them. Mackie won that battle today.

The Modfather
21-11-2020, 05:38 PM
I still think Doig is the long term answer, and I’d have moved Mackie on by now. However his performance today gave me pause for thought and he’s now got a genuine chance to make LB his if he can play like that consistently.

JohnM1875
21-11-2020, 05:40 PM
I still think Doig is the long term answer, and I’d have moved Mackie on by now. However his performance today gave me pause for thought and he’s now got a genuine chance to make LB his if he can play like that consistently.

Personally think Mackie is much better than Doig and I'd be starting Mackie the next few games.

Mackie got sent off last year against the Huns then got a bad injury. Seems to be fully fit again now and I'm sure he'll show his worth.

Hibiza
21-11-2020, 05:40 PM
Well done Sean.

Brightside
21-11-2020, 05:41 PM
Thought he had a decent game. Longer term Doig will be a CH. he’s 6ft 2 now and not stopped growing.

wookie70
21-11-2020, 05:44 PM
Excellent today and worth a run in the team. Lots of attributes and looks strong and fit. I'm nowhere near as impressed with Doig as many on here at least at this stage of his development. He has bags of ability but positionally is terrible. Mackie looked a very solid and imposing LB today. Keep him in until Lewis is fit and then see how he has done

BlackSheep
21-11-2020, 05:46 PM
He and Doig are very similar but I think Mackie edges it physically... not a bad problem to have for once, 2 young LBs fighting for a start with an experienced one in the squad as well.

I think Mackie will come on leaps and bounds if he is given a run... he will look even better against the weaker teams in the league.

gaz1875
21-11-2020, 05:46 PM
Good performance from Mackie, a player who actually closed down his opponent rather than let him collect the ball and pick a pass. I also don't think the left backs get too much support from Murphy, he drifts away from the players he should be picking up. Good going forward though.

Wheat Hound
21-11-2020, 05:49 PM
Frimpongs quietest game v us which speaks volumes. Sean deserves a run in the team to prove himself and it's good we have Doig as cover/competition too.

madhatter
21-11-2020, 06:01 PM
Deserves to keep place. Doig has a good engine but looks a bit like a CB playing LB at times. Mackie looks more capable at LB in my opinion.

scoopyboy
21-11-2020, 06:24 PM
Always had the strength and power but his decision making was poor last season.
Even stronger now but his decision making has improved greatly which is down to coaching and maturity.
Sadly it could signal the end for Lewis at the end of the season. Contract at an end and two young guys progressing well in his position.

Unless you are meaning games with Dundee I don't know how you can say that.

He played just over a half against St.Mirren when he came on as a sub and for an hour before being sent off at Ibrox.

Harsh to say he was poor last season with decision making when he barely played 100 minutes

Onceinawhile
21-11-2020, 06:47 PM
Gets the shirt for Tuesday.

Carheenlea
21-11-2020, 06:55 PM
I only caught up with game for the second half and was very impressed with Mackies performance. An accomplished display and settling in to the first team with every game.

The 90+2
21-11-2020, 06:57 PM
He was fantastic today. Delighted for him.

CmoantheHibs
21-11-2020, 07:03 PM
Thought he was superb today. Showed a lot of ability and maturity.

neil7908
21-11-2020, 07:07 PM
Seemed well out of the team so delighted to seeing him back and on form.

Good example for the likes of Doig.

matty_f
21-11-2020, 07:27 PM
He was fantastic today. Delighted for him.

:agree: very good performance

Brooster
21-11-2020, 07:28 PM
Great performance from Mackie today, welcome back and keep up the good work.

bingo70
21-11-2020, 07:33 PM
I had completely written him off but thought he was excellent today.

There was something about him before I just didn’t like, it felt like he lacked urgency and seemed to almost stroll about arrogantly.

I got none of that today though, or when he came off the bench in another game recently.

To me it looks like he knows the Dundee loan wasn’t that successful and he’s in last chance saloon and he’s playing like his career depends on it and it’s brilliant to see. I really hope he keeps it up.

J-C
21-11-2020, 07:43 PM
I've been pushing for Mackie to get a chance for a while now, a few injuries have held him back but you can see how much stronger he looks from 2 years ago, if he keeps playing like that we'll be ok, Doig as far as I'm led to believe is seen as Hanlon's replacement eventually, he has a lot of growing to do before he's ready for that, needs to hit the gym. Mackie has a sweet left peg and has an eye for goal too.

A Hi-Bee
21-11-2020, 08:08 PM
He will come good for sure and getting better, good luck to him.

Hibee Mac
21-11-2020, 08:16 PM
Played very well today, kept Frimpong really quiet too.

Shame we couldn't hold on to the result to top it off but Mackie can come away happy after that performance.

Got a bit of swagger about him too which I like, and he showed us under Lennon that he has an eye for an assist.

EI255
21-11-2020, 08:17 PM
He's some size of a unit

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
21-11-2020, 08:29 PM
He is 22 now.
I think this is his time.
Could be another piece in the jigsaw.

Squealing pig
21-11-2020, 08:37 PM
Well played wee man

CMurdoch
21-11-2020, 09:01 PM
Unless you are meaning games with Dundee I don't know how you can say that.

He played just over a half against St.Mirren when he came on as a sub and for an hour before being sent off at Ibrox.

Harsh to say he was poor last season with decision making when he barely played 100 minutes

I always thought he had the physicality and athleticism but two seasons ago for Hibs and last season for Hibs and Dundee I thought he was often caught out of position and generally didn't seem to make the right decision at the right time.
But after a bad injury at Dundee and his recovery under the Jack Ross led Hibs he has come back stronger and seems far more aware and accomplished.
I am genuinely excited about his prospects. I reckon he can finally be the player that takes over from Stevenson.

superfurryhibby
21-11-2020, 10:52 PM
I've been pushing for Mackie to get a chance for a while now, a few injuries have held him back but you can see how much stronger he looks from 2 years ago, if he keeps playing like that we'll be ok, Doig as far as I'm led to believe is seen as Hanlon's replacement eventually, he has a lot of growing to do before he's ready for that, needs to hit the gym. Mackie has a sweet left peg and has an eye for goal too.

Growing, he’s ****ing massive?

Not sure @bout an eye for the goal either, but he’s going to make the grade at Hibs.

J-C
21-11-2020, 11:09 PM
Growing, he’s ****ing massive?

Not sure @bout an eye for the goal either, but he’s going to make the grade at Hibs.

Talking about Doig needing to grow, he's still pretty slight for this level, he's young and if he works hard it'll come.

Mackie has scored a few for the development side, he got into 3-4 good positions today and was unlucky near the end, he has played LM for the Dev team also, so attacking is natural and it was his defensive side of the game that used to let him down.

superfurryhibby
21-11-2020, 11:22 PM
Talking about Doig needing to grow, he's still pretty slight for this level, he's young and if he works hard it'll come.

Mackie has scored a few for the development side, he got into 3-4 good positions today and was unlucky near the end, he has played LM for the Dev team also, so attacking is natural and it was his defensive side of the game that used to let him down.

Ah, soz. Doig is a mere stripling and there’s plenty growing left in him.

Onceinawhile
21-11-2020, 11:25 PM
We all talking about the mackie that missed the target from 6 yards out the day?

hibbysam
22-11-2020, 12:02 AM
We all talking about the mackie that missed the target from 6 yards out the day?

Apart from the fact it was nearer 10 yards out, waist high, on his weak side, and basically a 50/50 tackle with Bitton, yes, you were nearly right.

scoopyboy
22-11-2020, 07:52 AM
I always thought he had the physicality and athleticism but two seasons ago for Hibs and last season for Hibs and Dundee I thought he was often caught out of position and generally didn't seem to make the right decision at the right time.
But after a bad injury at Dundee and his recovery under the Jack Ross led Hibs he has come back stronger and seems far more aware and accomplished.
I am genuinely excited about his prospects. I reckon he can finally be the player that takes over from Stevenson.

Dundee wasn't a good move for him.

Didn't drive, living in digs and picked up an injury.

Back home, injury behind him and getting match time. Now is the time for him to drive on.

scoopyboy
22-11-2020, 07:53 AM

Should be publically flogged

MrRobot
22-11-2020, 09:50 AM
Mackie played very well, LB spot his for Tuesday surely.

lucky
22-11-2020, 09:58 AM
I like his energy, he’s big strong and a good left foot. I’m sure Stevenson and Doig will also contribute to the team this year. Strange how our left side now seems stronger than our right. McGinn and Gray v Stevenson, Mackie and Doig. Many Hibs fans thought we were weak at left full back but I doubt many clubs have 3 decent LBs like we have outside the Old Firm.

w pilton hibby
22-11-2020, 01:42 PM

Mackie did this to his highly rated opponent.

"During the 90 minutes, Frimpong was ranked as the lowest-rated player out of the Hoops’ starting eleven.

Sofascore recorded that the £2.7m-rated young starlet lost possession a whopping 18 times, came out second best in six duels and only completed one successful dribble out of three attempts."

That's the one we're talking about.

Peevemor
22-11-2020, 01:48 PM
We all talking about the mackie that missed the target from 6 yards out the day?I've seen some crap posts on here over the years and this would definitely be in with a shout for a prize.

ahibby
22-11-2020, 10:41 PM
I've seen some crap posts on here over the years and this would definitely be in with a shout for a prize.

Thw boy done good yesterday. Frimpong got no change from him at all.

Smartie
22-11-2020, 11:26 PM
I had completely written him off but thought he was excellent today.

There was something about him before I just didn’t like, it felt like he lacked urgency and seemed to almost stroll about arrogantly.

I got none of that today though, or when he came off the bench in another game recently.

To me it looks like he knows the Dundee loan wasn’t that successful and he’s in last chance saloon and he’s playing like his career depends on it and it’s brilliant to see. I really hope he keeps it up.

I’d completely written him off too.

His cameos in recent weeks were decent and then his performance yesterday, especially his personal duel with a very strong opponent was top notch.

Our fringe players haven’t really been staking much of a claim this season so to see Sean do it from a position where I thought he was finished at Hibs, is most welcome.

Full marks to him, he could have let his head go down over the past year and a bit.

ekhibee
24-11-2020, 12:35 AM
The first couple of times I saw him I thought he would be a great young player, fast and strong, and a good crosser of the ball too but I also think he might have been brought in too early and his subsequent performances weren't so good and then he got quite a bad injury. I was impressed with him against Frimpong, and I'm sure there's a really good player in there, if he develops other aspects of his game he could be a real asset.

Centre Hawf
24-11-2020, 01:57 AM
He deserves a run at left back to build on this. Doig is still young and has looked excellent but also his inexperience has shown at times but that will come. We've said before about Stevensons replacement maybe being Doig but perhaps in the immediate its Mackie?

Either way the two will have to work hard to show they're the two that can do something many have failed to do, force a manager to drop a fit Stevenson.

J-C
24-11-2020, 09:51 AM
He was mismanaged by Heckingbottom and should have been allowed to continue after that Rangers defeat, the whole team were gash not just him. By bombing him out on loan knocked his confidence and by doing this we brought Stevenson back far too early from injury, which meant he took months to get up to his usual standards.

basehibby
24-11-2020, 12:15 PM
I think he was guilty of taking his foot off the gas a bit last season after making his breakthrough the season before. This time round he appears to have given himself a foot up the erchie and now that he's got a chance with his fellow academy grad Doig fading a wee bit he's grabbed it with both hands.

So well done Sean - and Josh! - look forward to some real competition for that left back slot going forward.

Stonewall
24-11-2020, 02:20 PM
Thw boy done good yesterday. Frimpong got no change from him at all.

Without detracting from Mackie’s hugely encouraging performance can I give a wee shout out to Murphy who worked his arse off down the left side too.

Unseen work
24-11-2020, 09:08 PM
Played really well again tonight in a tough opponent in McNamara.

Hes so quick, sharp and good on the ball.

His first touch is always forward and he’s looking for that pass to the strikers, he bombs forward and when he gets there has real good quality.

Delighted with his form and look forward to seeing him develop further.

Well done Sean.

bigwheel
24-11-2020, 09:11 PM
Played really well again tonight in a thought opponent in McNamara.

His first touch is always forward and he’s looking for that pass to the strikers, he bombs forward and when he gets there has real good quality.

Well done Sean.

Thought he was OK tonight - 6 out of 10....McNamara struggled more with Murphy who was buzzing out wide . More of an even battle vs Mackie ..

Smartie
24-11-2020, 09:17 PM
Played really well again tonight in a thought opponent in McNamara.

Well done Sean.

I saw some criticism of him on the match thread but didn't see it myself.

He played well.

A stronger finish from Newell and he gets an outstanding assist tonight.

Threatening going forward, solid at the back.

Ok, the odd mistake in a team performance that wasn't vintage, but I thought he did well.

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-11-2020, 09:21 PM

Well done Sean.

His first touch almost always gave them the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

truehibernian
24-11-2020, 09:24 PM

Thought SM defended well tonight and yes at times he was heavy with the pass - helps if you have midfielders up the pitch (centrally) who offer more movement though. Got pass marks from me tonight.

Bangkok Hibby
24-11-2020, 09:25 PM

I must have been watching a different game. He wasn't perfect tonight, nobody was, but he's showing enough in his partnership with Murphy on the left to give me optimism it'll develop into a mainstay in the team

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-11-2020, 09:28 PM
I’d prefer to develop Doig to be honest. Mackie still looks like he’s a bit over weight.

I’m not a manager though so what do I know.

Bangkok Hibby
24-11-2020, 09:30 PM
I’d prefer to develop Doig to be honest. Mackie still looks like he’s a bit over weight.

Doig definitely has a future with us but he's destined for a more central role. Happy to have 2 young players of their calibre

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-11-2020, 09:36 PM
Doig definitely has a future with us but he's destined for a more central role. Happy to have 2 young players of their calibre

Mackie part of a defence who have now conceded 4 in 2 games.

Doig formed part of a back 4 that rarely conceded at the start of the year.

Only change in personnel is left back.

Whilst blame can not be directly attributed to Mackie, I know who I’d rather have playing.

Robbo6-2
24-11-2020, 09:39 PM

Well done Sean.

It's always good to see players Agents coming onto fans forums

Unseen work
24-11-2020, 09:42 PM
Is have Mackie over Doig everyday at left back.

The argument of conceding 4 in 2 games with Mackie doesn’t really stand for a lot when we conceded 2 against Aberdeen and Hearts the 2 games prior when Doig was playing.

Alfred E Newman
24-11-2020, 09:44 PM
Doig looks a better prospect in my opinion.

J-C
24-11-2020, 09:48 PM
Doig looks a better prospect in my opinion.

Doig is being lined up as Hanlon's replacement, Hanlon himself played LB in his early days, the lad needs to bulk up and at LB you can get away with it being a different position. Mackie did ok tonight, always looked to get on the front foot, a few times his decision making let him down but he was always positive.

Smartie
24-11-2020, 09:51 PM

Whilst blame can not be directly attributed to Mackie, I know who I’d rather have playing.

Very harsh when absolutely none of the goals can be attributed in any way to anything Mackie did or didn’t do.

J-C
24-11-2020, 09:52 PM
Very harsh when absolutely none of the goals can be attributed in any way to anything Mackie did or didn’t do.

Sshh! how dare you bring logic onto this thread. :greengrin

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-11-2020, 09:53 PM

Did I not say that?

Smartie
24-11-2020, 09:57 PM
Did I not say that?

You did, but it doesn’t stand easily alongside the first 3 lines.

You’re entitled to your opinion and I’m happy to accept he made mistakes. If you don’t like what you see over the piece, fine. He gave the ball away a few times when arguably shouldn’t have - you don’t like that, fine.

I just don’t think it’s remotely fair to him to point out that we’ve lost goals since he came into the side - goals that were absolutely nothing to do with him.

By all means be critical, but please be fair.

andudare2
24-11-2020, 09:59 PM
Very harsh when absolutely none of the goals can be attributed in any way to anything Mackie did or didn’t do.Absolutely spot on!!

andudare2
24-11-2020, 10:06 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProNot one of the 4 goals conceded came from Mackies side of the pitch so really cant see your point in even mentioning him in this way.

villahibs
24-11-2020, 10:08 PM
Is have Mackie over Doig everyday at left back.

The argument of conceding 4 in 2 games with Mackie doesn’t really stand for a lot when we conceded 2 against Aberdeen and Hearts the 2 games prior when Doig was playing.

This

Mackie might not be great but he’s head and shoulders above Doig. Mackie’s been decent in the last couple of games and started and finished both. Can’t honestly remember Doig finishing a game...
Murphy looked more comfortable too. Like he’s trusts mackie a bit more.

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2020, 10:09 PM

Mackie ain't overweight, he's ripped

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-11-2020, 10:09 PM

You’re entitled to your opinion and I’m happy to accept he made mistakes. If you don’t like what you see over the piece, fine. He gave the ball away a few times when arguably shouldn’t have - you don’t like that, fine.

I just don’t think it’s remotely fair to him to point out that we’ve lost goals since he came into the side - goals that were absolutely nothing to do with him.

I’m just stating facts. Doig was part of a very well organised defence that rarely conceded.

Mackie is now part of a defence that is more porous. Ultimately he’ll be judged as part of that cohort, whether i think it’s ‘fine’ or not.

I don’t think he, alongside many of his colleagues tonight were good enough. Beaten to too many loose balls and gave away possession too many times.

Smartie
24-11-2020, 10:13 PM
I’m just stating facts. Doig was part of a very well organised defence that rarely conceded.

Mackie is now part of a defence that is more porous. Ultimately he’ll be judged as part of that cohort, whether i think it’s ‘fine’ or not.

I don’t think he, alongside many of his colleagues tonight were good enough. Beaten to too many loose balls and gave away possession too many times.

Yeah, that’s reasonable. I disagree, but that’s just opinion.

FWIW I sort of thought the same on Saturday. We can point at the poor clearances that led to goals, and they were bad. There were several other poor clearances that didn’t lead to goals still invited pressure on us that led to the mistakes that led to the goals.

I disagree re the LB position but I respect your opinion and the reasons behind it.

Lex7zero
24-11-2020, 10:17 PM

I just don’t think it’s remotely fair to him to point out that we’ve lost goals

since he came into the side - goals that were absolutely nothing to do with him.

It’s always difficult with young players Doig came in and was a breath of fresh air in terms of offering a good attacking option up the wing. Yes as games progressed his defensive game was shown to need a bit of improving. So as young guys do he hit a dip in performance. I always thought Mackie was worth a chance and he had a decent game against Celtic. But nobody could say he had a good game tonight. He gave the ball away on several occasions and fell short of what I hoped for. But again a young laddie with ability and between him and Doig hopefully one will come good. Good prospects and fingers crossed.

greenlex
24-11-2020, 10:19 PM

Hanlon was missing from that same back 4 that conceded 2 tonight so your point of fact is incorrect. One of the other two goals was a debatable hand ball penalty. He had no part in.

USAHibee
25-11-2020, 12:17 AM
This

Mackie might not be great but he’s head and shoulders above Doig. Mackie’s been decent in the last couple of games and started and finished both. Can’t honestly remember Doig finishing a game...
Murphy looked more comfortable too. Like he’s trusts mackie a bit more.

Both excellent young players. Doig has just turned 18 (I think maybe 19) and Mackie is 22. They will both make mistakes but fans who want youth to flourish have to be reasonable in that they will make mistakes. Mackie was not at fault for any of the 4 goals and I can't think of young Josh being at fault either in his 10 or so games. These guys need time. Not to be written off after a handful of games.

theonlywayisup
29-11-2020, 08:23 AM
Thought Mackie played well in the St. J and Dundee games. Whilst not sure about his defensive qualities, I thought he did well going forward getting into the opposition box many times and putting in some good crosses.

I'm pretty sure that he won't be the long-term replacement for Lewis, but he's impressed me in an under-performing team.

Big_Franck
29-11-2020, 08:27 AM
Thought Mackie played well in the St. J and Dundee games. Whilst not sure about his defensive qualities, I thought he did well going forward getting into the opposition box many times and putting in some good crosses.

I'm pretty sure that he won't be the long-term replacement for Lewis, but he's impressed me in an under-performing team.

I thought he was decent against Celtic but thought he was poor yesterday, both defensively and going forward. He did get forward a lot but his final ball rarely found a Hibs player and his crosses were often overhit.

Left back should definitely be the priority area for January.

Brightside
29-11-2020, 08:37 AM
I thought he was decent against Celtic but thought he was poor yesterday, both defensively and going forward. He did get forward a lot but his final ball rarely found a Hibs player and his crosses were often overhit.

CH should be the priority area. We have 3 LBs now all good enough.

Coach Jon
29-11-2020, 08:39 AM

Thought the Dundee LB Jordan Marshall played well yesterday, dont think Boyle got past him at all. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

Big_Franck
29-11-2020, 08:48 AM
CH should be the priority area. We have 3 LBs now all good enough.

I don't think any of them are good enough. I think whoever plays that area is the weak link in our team. For me Stevenson is still first pick and that says it all.

Just_Jimmy
29-11-2020, 08:57 AM
I don't think any of them are good enough. I think whoever plays that area is the weak link in our team. For me Stevenson is still first pick and that says it all.I would agree. doig is young and I do think he'll develop. I'm hoping he will become the main stay. Lewis is still solid but he's clearly coming to the end rather than the long term answer. Mackie is a stop gap and not much else, he flirts with good games but I'm not convinced.

if doig and Lewis are both fit I'm not sure I'd be rushing to get someone in just yet, but it's absolutely a position we should be active in looking to upgrade when we can.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The Modfather
29-11-2020, 09:03 AM
I don't think any of them are good enough. I think whoever plays that area is the weak link in our team. For me Stevenson is still first pick and that says it all.

Central midfield is the weak area and still the priority IMO. Who we can move on and who we can get other than another short term fix is a different question though.

Think someone else made a good point earlier in the thread. Stevenson is probably like Bartley was towards the end. Perfect for specific games, where we will have to defend e.g Aberdeen & The Old Firm. Games where we need to be on the front foot he no longer has the energy, while still being incredibly fit, or attacking ability we need.

hibbysam
29-11-2020, 09:31 AM

Two games after pocketing one of the brightest young wing backs in the country and he’s back to being not good enough. That performance alone showed he is more than good enough, however it’s still his first run in the side in nearly a year and a half, it’s far from a problem area and giving them games will only help.

bigwheel
29-11-2020, 09:50 AM
I noticed Murphy praising Sean after the match yesterday. If an experienced pro like Murphy is happy with what Mackie is doing, that’ll do for me..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brooster
29-11-2020, 09:57 AM
Mackie has done absolutely nothing wrong since he came in. In fact he has been one of our better players. The level of criticism on this board in general is becoming tiresome. Try supporting the players and club for a change.

J-C
29-11-2020, 09:58 AM
Mackie has done absolutely nothing wrong since he came in. In fact he has been one of our better players. The level of criticism on this board in general is becoming tiresome. Try supporting the players and club for a change.

:agree::top marks

Itsnoteasy
29-11-2020, 10:05 AM
Thought the Dundee LB Jordan Marshall played well yesterday, dont think Boyle got past him at all. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

Boyle couldn't get passed a mannequin these days.

bigwheel
29-11-2020, 10:24 AM

Yes. Did well ..also liked the look of the youngster Anderson who got 60 mins or so for them yesterday ...

JimBHibees
30-11-2020, 05:50 PM
Boyle couldn't get passed a mannequin these days.

Had a couple of decent runs one brilliant one early doors then was taken out at the knees.

whiskyhibby
30-11-2020, 06:00 PM

Agree completely, thought he did fine yesterday, ran into a couple of cul-de-sacs where he got crowded out and lost the ball, but he will learn, he has a great left foot cross ball

Billy Whizz
30-11-2020, 06:09 PM
Agree completely, thought he did fine yesterday, ran into a couple of cul-de-sacs where he got crowded out and lost the ball, but he will learn, he has a great left foot cross ball

I’ve seen a lot of Sean playing with the development team over the years
He’s a good left back, but much better as a wing back, as he’s much better going forward than defending
I even think he could play left sided midfield in a 3. Strong in the tackle, good engine on him, and a great shot as well. Got a feeling he played this position at ER a a year or so ago