PDA

View Full Version : Guilty pleasures

matty_f
16-11-2020, 04:08 PM
Couldn't see a thread on this already, but what stuff do you like that you would consider a guilty pleasure (or you wouldn't necessarily be telling your mates you were into it)?

Mine would be Lana Del Ray and shows like Come Dine With Me and Four in a Bed. And First Dates.

I'm auld.

Hibbyradge
16-11-2020, 04:40 PM
Couldn't see a thread on this already, but what stuff do you like that you would consider a guilty pleasure (or you wouldn't necessarily be telling your mates you were into it)?

Mine would be Lana Del Ray and shows like Come Dine With Me and Four in a Bed. And First Dates.

I'm auld.

No need to be ashamed regarding Lana Del Ray.

Pretty Boy
16-11-2020, 04:48 PM
Strictly on TV and Little Mix for music for me.

Probably not as much a guilty pleasure as it would have once been but spending a decent amount of money on exfoliating scrubs, moisturisers and the like. Also on the beauty theme using women's shampoos and deodorants.

Finally I'm not sure if it counts as it's more a disgusting habit but.... Eating peanut butter straight out the jar with a spoon.

CropleyWasGod
16-11-2020, 05:00 PM

I'm auld.

Rearrange those thoughts into a different order.

Do you need to talk to someone? 😉

matty_f
16-11-2020, 05:13 PM
Rearrange those thoughts into a different order.

Do you need to talk to someone? 😉

My wife, probably :faf:

matty_f
16-11-2020, 05:14 PM

Probably not as much a guilty pleasure as it would have once been but spending a decent amount of money on exfoliating scrubs, moisturisers and the like. Also on the beauty theme using women's shampoos and deodorants.

Finally I'm not sure if it counts as it's more a disgusting habit but.... Eating peanut butter straight out the jat with a spoon.

The women’s shampoo i can get, but why women’s deodorant? Not a judgemental question, just curious!

Pretty Boy
16-11-2020, 05:31 PM
The women’s shampoo i can get, but why women’s deodorant? Not a judgemental question, just curious!

I just prefer the smells. Dove Go Fresh Pomegranate is a favourite.

Bizarrely my fiance prefers mens deodorant and walks about with Right Guard on.

Peevemor
16-11-2020, 05:43 PM
.... Eating peanut butter straight out the jat with a spoon.

That sounds really rude.

Smartie
16-11-2020, 06:23 PM
I was rather enjoying a bit of Supertramp earlier.

Hiber-nation
16-11-2020, 08:05 PM
I'm sure we had a thread like this ages ago and I said that my musical guilty pleasures were the likes of Athlete, Aqualung and Embrace despite me hating Coldplay. Then some smartarse came along and rendered the whole thing pointless by saying I couldn't possibly hate Coldplay as they were far superior to these other bands!

TV-wise - Dallas. Used to be addicted to it.

Just_Jimmy
16-11-2020, 08:39 PM
million Dollar listing new York. utter despise all other reality TV. I couldn't give a **** about the "stories" but I love the property.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Snedz
16-11-2020, 09:45 PM

Finally I'm not sure if it counts as it's more a disgusting habit but.... Eating peanut butter straight out the jar with a spoon.

Mine is the new kid on the block Marmite Peanut Butter. My other half doesn't care for it and prefers Whole Earth or oldie fav Sun Pat crunchie. I love it. Often find myself going back every so often for a wee bit more.

My guilty tv is Mystery Diners. Seen every episode. Some of things the staff get up to behind the scenes was mind boggling. Great viewing.

I'm really bad though for repeat watching everything seventies. Minder, The Professionals, The Sweeny, Budgie, Rumpole of the Bailey, Shadows, Tales of the Unexpected, 70s films etc etc.

Hibbyradge
16-11-2020, 10:45 PM
I don't think I have a guilty pleasure as such.

I hardly watch mainstream TV because I despise soaps and all reality shows.

I like music and I have radio 6 on all day but when my wife listens to Kiss FM or the likes, I feel my hackles rise with the mindless, electronically altered, pop factory stuff.

If you like a group or an artist, there's no need to be ashamed though.

Pete
16-11-2020, 11:03 PM
Gogglebox. I dont watch much tv but if that's on I will.

Another one for scrubs and moisturisers but ones for men only.
Nah, I'm lying a bit...I've a tub of the ladies stuff fir the face too. Tell you what, it *****g works on the bits that are starting to sag.

And Take that have been a guilty pleasure for over 15 years now. Garry Barlow is a genius, end of :-)

Hibrandenburg
16-11-2020, 11:18 PM
Secretly giving the dog goodies even though we've agreed not to. I just can't say no to those big sad eyes.

Hamburger smothered in Zingara sauce and mayonnaise in toasted bread.

Causing arguments and then retreating back into the shadows to watch the drama unfold. I know, I know, it's a c#*tish thing to do.

SteveHFC
16-11-2020, 11:38 PM
Gogglebox. I dont watch much tv but if that's on I will.

Another one for scrubs and moisturisers but ones for men only.
Nah, I'm lying a bit...I've a tub of the ladies stuff fir the face too. Tell you what, it *****g works on the bits that are starting to sag.

And Take that have been a guilty pleasure for over 15 years now. Garry Barlow is a genius, end of :-)

Their song Patience is a favourite guilty pleasure of mines. :duck:

Mon Dieu4
17-11-2020, 12:31 AM
Sister Act 2 back in the habit, I won't hear a bad word against it and it's pretty much a perfect film

Future17
17-11-2020, 07:06 AM
Causing arguments and then retreating back into the shadows to watch the drama unfold. I know, I know, it's a c#*tish thing to do.

:troll::wink:

Northernhibee
17-11-2020, 07:13 AM
Rearranging the candles, herbs or mugs with a single letter on them in the supermarket into daft messages.

weecounty hibby
17-11-2020, 01:10 PM
Rearranging the candles, herbs or mugs with a single letter on them in the supermarket into daft messages.

I always make them out to say HIBS. On a similar topic in the run up to Christmas, covering all the hearts calendars and albums with Hibs ones in the thistle centre in Stirling. I am almost 52 but my wife says I'm an infant!!

Hibbyradge
17-11-2020, 03:45 PM
I like Horlicks and regularly have it at bedtime.

Original with milk is the best, but instant is lovely too.

Does that count?

Edit: I must give Ovaltine a go.

Killiehibbie
17-11-2020, 03:53 PM
I always make them out to say HIBS. On a similar topic in the run up to Christmas, covering all the hearts calendars and albums with Hibs ones in the thistle centre in Stirling. I am almost 52 but my wife says I'm an infant!!

Not childish, it's your duty

Northernhibee
17-11-2020, 04:03 PM
An ex also used to play a game in supermarkets with me - if there were children who were being a nuisance and running in between trolleys and their parents not caring she’d sneak a bar of chocolate or sweets into the parents trolley or basket. Cue a few minutes later the parent who was ignoring the nuisance their kid was causing giving their kid a rollicking for the sweets in the trolley.

Childish, very, fair, probably not but I’d be a liar if I said I didn’t find it funny and have occasionally done that since 😂

c31
17-11-2020, 04:11 PM
Chips on white bread with red sauce not had that for ages, but tonite!

Alfiembra
17-11-2020, 04:19 PM
Sneaking a chocolate digestive or three while in the kitchen making the Mrs a cup of tea.

calumhibee1
17-11-2020, 06:19 PM
The movie ‘Friends With Benefits’.

I’m fully aware it’s atrocious but I think I’ve watched it about 5 times over COVID when it’s on the tv and I’ll probably watch it again when it’s inevitably on over the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Jones28
17-11-2020, 10:41 PM
Mean Girls and The Proposal, two great chick flicks, and they remind of living in Grimsby with my wife and her best pal, sounds ***** but it was really good fun, if not a bit too far away. The Princess Diaries too actually. And Frozen. My hormones were all ****ed up living with 2 birds for 9 months.

Bake Off - I flit in and out the room when it’s on, or look at my phone, but I’ve always got an eye on it.

Scraping all the wee bits of fat and residue from frying bacon, and pouring some of the remaining oil onto the roll. So bad but so good. That’s my only really foodie one, I love meat and it’s difficult to have a cheeky steak while the family aren’t looking. I have a couple of cups of sugary tea a day to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Music wise One Direction have got some bangers, as does Rita Ora.

Moulin Yarns
18-11-2020, 07:33 AM
TV programmes that are really for young adults.

Warrior nun, stargirl, I-Zombie are the type of thing.

matty_f
18-11-2020, 08:35 AM
Mean Girls and The Proposal, two great chick flicks, and they remind of living in Grimsby with my wife and her best pal, sounds ***** but it was really good fun, if not a bit too far away. The Princess Diaries too actually. And Frozen. My hormones were all ****ed up living with 2 birds for 9 months.

Bake Off - I flit in and out the room when it’s on, or look at my phone, but I’ve always got an eye on it.

Scraping all the wee bits of fat and residue from frying bacon, and pouring some of the remaining oil onto the roll. So bad but so good. That’s my only really foodie one, I love meat and it’s difficult to have a cheeky steak while the family aren’t looking. I have a couple of cups of sugary tea a day to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Music wise One Direction have got some bangers, as does Rita Ora.
Bake Off is another for me. :agree:

The Modfather
18-11-2020, 11:25 AM
Commandeering my wife’s bath salts/bath bomb things. Nothing beats a pink bath 🙈

matty_f
18-11-2020, 06:12 PM
Toilet wipes (we started getting them when the kids were wee) of you haven’t moved over from toilet roll to these things, you need to get on board!

Ronniekirk
18-11-2020, 06:33 PM
Getting a Brazilian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
18-11-2020, 10:02 PM
Toilet wipes (we started getting them when the kids were wee) of you haven’t moved over from toilet roll to these things, you need to get on board!

Do you flush them or put them in the bin after wiping?

Flushing will cause a blockage and in the bins a bit like going to Greece on holiday.

Just Alf
18-11-2020, 10:47 PM

Flushing will cause a blockage and in the bins a bit like going to Greece on holiday.Agree, a common problem in the drains around Edinburgh's older tenements !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

matty_f
19-11-2020, 10:06 AM

Flushing will cause a blockage and in the bins a bit like going to Greece on holiday.

They make flushable ones now - not talking about baby wipes here.

Hibby70
19-11-2020, 08:16 PM

I used to move the Celtic and Hun DVDs in HMV to the horror or comedy sections.

1 8 7 5
20-11-2020, 10:53 AM

I wholly endorse this.

Switched over about 6 months ago, and wont be going back any time soon. My arse loves them :greengrin

The_Exile
20-11-2020, 01:17 PM
Cartoons, love quite a few of them and was a real guilty pleasure when the kids were wee, would be quite happy sitting watching them for hours on end!

Re the erse wipes, although they're advertised as flushable, they're not really (they're not tested properly), and they will likely be banned soon.

Kato
20-11-2020, 03:50 PM
I used to move the Celtic and Hun DVDs in HMV to the horror or comedy sections.Tee hee

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-11-2020, 04:25 PM
I wholly endorse this.

Switched over about 6 months ago, and wont be going back any time soon. My arse loves them :greengrin

Tad disrespectful to the Mrs! 😲

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-11-2020, 05:25 PM

I used to give really fluffy toy animals middle partings when I saw them in shops. Remember Debenhams having lots of lions and when I was done the shop assistants were in hysterics.

Future17
20-11-2020, 06:09 PM
I used to give really fluffy toy animals middle partings when I saw them in shops. Remember Debenhams having lots of lions and when I was done the shop assistants were in hysterics.

I worked in Toys R Us the Christmas after Monsters Inc was released. The most popular bit of merchandise was a Sulley "room guard" that roared and threw its arms up when you walked in front of it. I arranged a wall of about 300 of them at the entrance so every customer was greeted by a very loud Mexican Wave of Sulleys. Most laughed but a few looked close to heart attacks. :greengrin

Northernhibee
20-11-2020, 08:35 PM
I worked in Toys R Us the Christmas after Monsters Inc was released. The most popular bit of merchandise was a Sulley "room guard" that roared and threw its arms up when you walked in front of it. I arranged a wall of about 300 of them at the entrance so every customer was greeted by a very loud Mexican Wave of Sulleys. Most laughed but a few looked close to heart attacks. :greengrin

When I worked in the motor trade I used to love putting all the holes in the hole punch into the air con vents in my colleagues company cars 😂

Moulin Yarns
20-11-2020, 09:14 PM

I was at a wool festival in Inverness and have a multi coloured sheep on my display, one of the other stall holders kept me talking while their friend gave it a mohican 😁

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-11-2020, 01:29 AM
Wet Wet Wet - Popped in souled out, classic pop album.

Scouse Hibee
21-11-2020, 08:50 AM
When I worked in the motor trade I used to love putting all the holes in the hole punch into the air con vents in my colleagues company cars 😂

I used to empty them into colleagues umbrellas 😂

Peevemor
21-11-2020, 08:59 AM
I used to empty them into colleagues umbrellas [emoji23]Workmates' pockets for me.

Northernhibee
21-11-2020, 11:58 AM
Chicken super noodles.

marinello59
21-11-2020, 12:03 PM
Wet Wet Wet - Popped in souled out, classic pop album.

There is nothing to feel guilty about. One of the best pop albums ever made by a Scottish group.

Hermit Crab
21-11-2020, 01:38 PM
Madonna, I just cant get enough of her just now for some reason and I cant explain it. Trawling you tube and watching her live performances. Absolutely love her song La Isla Bonita. Don't get me wrong I've always like that song along with some others but I'm right into her just now. If we ever get back to some sort of normality then I'll definitely try and get to see her live if she tours again. She's 62 now and would absolutely positively 100% get it from me. Oft!! :love ya!:

bobbyhibs1983
21-11-2020, 02:13 PM
million Dollar listing new York. utter despise all other reality TV. I couldn't give a **** about the "stories" but I love the property.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Im a fan of the million dollar listings also! they are miami and l.a versions also if it works for you too !

Hibbyradge
21-11-2020, 05:36 PM
Madonna, I just cant get enough of her just now for some reason and I cant explain it. Trawling you tube and watching her live performances. Absolutely love her song La Isla Bonita. Don't get me wrong I've always like that song along with some others but I'm right into her just now. If we ever get back to some sort of normality then I'll definitely try and get to see her live if she tours again. She's 62 now and would absolutely positively 100% get it from me. Oft!! :love ya!:

I saw her almost exactly 5 years ago in Glasgow because my wife is a big fan.

I paid a lot for very good tickets and we were still a long way from her.

She ran over time and the electric instruments, and presumably the backing tapes, were switched off.

It was a huge meh for me unfortunately.

Northernhibee
21-11-2020, 05:58 PM
Music wise, Girls Aloud. Most of my musical taste is guitar based - punk, shoegaze and the like, but love them. Seen them a few years back on their reunion tour and unashamedly loved it. So many bangers of tunes full of joy and colour and energy.

SteveHFC
21-11-2020, 06:42 PM
Music wise, Girls Aloud. Most of my musical taste is guitar based - punk, shoegaze and the like, but love them. Seen them a few years back on their reunion tour and unashamedly loved it. So many bangers of tunes full of joy and colour and energy.

I have got their greatest hits album on my phone. :na na:

Taylor Swift recent albums have been nothing short of expectational. :agree:

matty_f
21-11-2020, 07:13 PM
Chicken super noodles.

On toast. :agree:

Northernhibee
21-11-2020, 07:42 PM
On toast. :agree:

Pervert.

Although my partner puts grated cheese on top of hers, which is worse.

Hermit Crab
21-11-2020, 08:25 PM
I saw her almost exactly 5 years ago in Glasgow because my wife is a big fan.

I paid a lot for very good tickets and we were still a long way from her.

She ran over time and the electric instruments, and presumably the backing tapes, were switched off.

It was a huge meh for me unfortunately.

I'd just like to see her to experience one of her shows. From what I gather they are always excellent.

hibsbollah
23-11-2020, 10:28 AM

I'm auld.

LDR is a proper old school songwriter, I think she’s class.
Being young and beautiful shouldn’t count against her in my book :love ya!:
Mrs Bollah is possibly a bit suspicious now, especially when she caught me with a few Taylor Swift songs on the Spotify playlist too...

Hermit Crab
23-11-2020, 11:05 AM
When you do one of those jobbies that doesn't leave anything behind. A clean sweep. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
23-11-2020, 11:06 AM

I'm auld.

I really like Summertime Sadness and Video Games, great songs.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2020, 11:30 AM
Knowing I am right about something and having the proof to back it up but allowing someone to make a bit of a fool of themselves insisting otherwise and making accusations without foundation. The calmly producing said evidence calmly and without further comment.

Not something I would do to nice people but it's perfect for bringing the office Hitler down a peg or 2 when she starts.

overdrive
23-11-2020, 12:44 PM
When you do one of those jobbies that doesn't leave anything behind. A clean sweep. :greengrin

I love a “clear deployment” as I call them.

Wembley67
23-11-2020, 01:22 PM
Flashdance the song...cannae help but leap around the house when it's playing 💪💪😞

speedy_gonzales
23-11-2020, 02:17 PM

Or the next stage, the "Ghoster", where you have a satisfying movement that hits the water at a perfect trajectory and disappears before your very eyes, leaving not a trace, as if it never happened!

Think it was Kevin Bridges that talked about this on one of his early tours.

Hermit Crab
23-11-2020, 08:36 PM
I love a “clear deployment” as I call them.

Or the next stage, the "Ghoster", where you have a satisfying movement that hits the water at a perfect trajectory and disappears before your very eyes, leaving not a trace, as if it never happened!

Think it was Kevin Bridges that talked about this on one of his early tours.

Haha, brilliant. Bombs away. :greengrin

Onceinawhile
30-11-2020, 10:38 PM
Kelly Clarkson.

Began with the breakaway album. She's just the tops

J-C
03-12-2020, 01:18 PM
Although I'm an indie/ rock lover I must admit to liking a bit of Acid Jazz like Corduroy, James Taylor Quartet or Jamiroquai, add in some Doobie Bros or AWB into that mix too.

alhibby
03-12-2020, 02:11 PM
My Wife's homemade tablet, just having some now with a coffee, sooooo goooood :agree:

Moulin Yarns
03-12-2020, 02:28 PM
Although I'm an indie/ rock lover I must admit to liking a bit of Acid Jazz like Corduroy, James Taylor Quartet or Jamiroquai, add in some Doobie Bros or AWB into that mix too.

JTQ Natty Dread is a great album.

overdrive
03-12-2020, 07:43 PM
Winding up my Sevconian girlfriend with references to The Rangers, Sevco and other reminders of Oldco’s demise. After The Rangers equalised tonight, the commentator said “Rangers are back in business”.

“Oh, did you get liquidated again?” was my immediate response. It looks could kill :faf:

Jones28
03-12-2020, 07:48 PM
Winding up my Sevconian girlfriend with references to The Rangers, Sevco and other reminders of Oldco’s demise. After The Rangers equalised tonight, the commentator said “Rangers are back in business”.

“Oh, did you get liquidated again?” was my immediate response. It looks could kill :faf:

...you have a Rangers supporting girlfriend?

DH1875
03-12-2020, 07:51 PM

My wife is a rangers fan. What's the problem?

Snedz
03-12-2020, 09:39 PM

My auld man was like that. He wouldn't give a non Hibs supporter the time of day. Hated Celtic for stealing Hibs players way back when Celtic were founded. :greengrin

Jones28
04-12-2020, 01:46 PM
My wife is a rangers fan. What's the problem?

I just didn't think they made female ones.

Northernhibee
04-12-2020, 04:38 PM
My food processor has three speeds. When I'm using it, usually to make soup, I like to play "My Sharona" by The Knack on it.

Killiehibbie
04-12-2020, 06:13 PM
I just didn't think they made female ones.

Most wives are

Jones28
04-12-2020, 08:30 PM
Most wives are

Right. I see.

SteveHFC
11-12-2020, 12:36 AM
Taylor Swift has a new album out today :hyper

Hermit Crab
11-12-2020, 04:57 AM
Taylor Swift has a new album out today :hyper

Hud me back....:greengrin