PDA

View Full Version : Next up for Hibs, Dundee

Billy Whizz
13-11-2020, 12:21 PM
After watching Scotland qualify last night, got my mojo back for Football
Big game for us on Sunday, need a win for many reasons
Was reading the match preview on Hibs official site, and the fact that we’ve injuries and players on Scotland duty, but Doidge is suspended, didn’t know that
Wonder if we’ll play Boyle, or Murphy more central

B.H.F.C
13-11-2020, 12:25 PM
I’d play the strongest available team. We need to try and get some form back and get going again.

I’d go with a front three of Boyle, Nisbet and Murphy with Doidge suspended. I think that is something we should be looking at, regardless, so would be the perfect opportunity to do it.

Jones28
13-11-2020, 12:26 PM
My team would be:

Barnes
McGinn McGregor Hanlon Mackie
Newell Mallan Murphy
Boyle Nesbit Gullane

4-3-3 - trounce them.

Edited as per Sir David Gray

Argylehibby
13-11-2020, 12:26 PM
After watching Scotland qualify last night, got my mojo back for Football
Big game for us on Sunday, need a win for many reasons
Was reading the match preview on Hibs official site, and the fact that we’ve injuries and players on Scotland duty, but Doidge is suspended, didn’t know that
Wonder if we’ll play Boyle, or Murphy more central

I didn't know he was suspended either, I better change my first scorer prediction then!

Billy Whizz
13-11-2020, 12:36 PM
I didn't know he was suspended either, I better change my first scorer prediction then!

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/matches/hibernian-vs-dundee

Brightside
13-11-2020, 12:37 PM
Really hoping we go 352.

Sir David Gray
13-11-2020, 12:39 PM
My team would be:

Marciano
Newell Gogic Mallan
Boyle Nesbit Gullane

4-3-3 - trounce them.

Marciano and Gogic are away on international duty.

Wheat Hound
13-11-2020, 01:06 PM
I’d play the strongest available team. We need to try and get some form back and get going again.

I’d go with a front three of Boyle, Nisbet and Murphy with Doidge suspended. I think that is something we should be looking at, regardless, so would be the perfect opportunity to do it.

Agreed, that's what I'd like to see us try longer term.

Midfield 3 on Sunday of Newell, Mallan and Hallberg

Keith_M
13-11-2020, 01:38 PM
Marciano and Gogic are away on international duty.

In that case, I'm now back to hating international football.

CMurdoch
13-11-2020, 01:51 PM
My team would be:

Barnes
Newell Mallan Murphy
Boyle Nesbit Gullane

4-3-3 - trounce them.

Edited as per Sir David Gray

Need to give Gray a run out and have McGinn on the bench just in case

Since452
13-11-2020, 02:24 PM
Charlie Adam worries me

Jonnyboy
13-11-2020, 02:26 PM
Charlie Adam worries me

He worries his dentist too 😉

Scorrie
13-11-2020, 02:42 PM
Game on telly an aw👍

DH1875
13-11-2020, 02:58 PM
Game on telly an aw👍

What channel?

Sir David Gray
13-11-2020, 03:05 PM
What channel?

Premier Sports 1.

where'stheslope
14-11-2020, 05:20 PM
This is a game we should always win, Hertz took 6 of them, tho' they had a good comeback in their last game (must watch Adam) we should still be to good for them!!!

hibbysam
14-11-2020, 05:43 PM
This is a game we should always win, Hertz took 6 of them, tho' they had a good comeback in their last game (must watch Adam) we should still be to good for them!!!

If we lose to a side just because of Charlie Adam then we’ve got rather bigger problems than I thought. Our midfield should be running off them at every turn, and the fact we’ll dominate the ball means Adam is much less effective. Their defence and keeper are absolutely honking as well. 4-3-3 is the only way I’d like to see us play Sunday.

Barnes
Gray McGinn Hanlon Mackie
Mallan Hallberg Newell
Boyle Nisbet Murphy

green day
14-11-2020, 05:44 PM
Charlie Adam worries me

Wee fat huns worry me too - but just because of their effect on the gene pool.

Baldy Foghorn
14-11-2020, 05:47 PM
Does anyone know if we have already qualified with 9 points?

hibbysam
14-11-2020, 05:51 PM
Does anyone know if we have already qualified with 9 points?

Yes, already through at worst as a highest runner up. Need to win to finish as one of the 4 seeds.

Baldy Foghorn
14-11-2020, 05:52 PM
Yes, already through at worst as a highest runner up. Need to win to finish as one of the 4 seeds.

Cheers Sam:aok:

Sir David Gray
14-11-2020, 06:29 PM

Need to win in 90 minutes too to get seeded, a win on penalties would see us top the group but not as one of the top four group winners.

Mikey
14-11-2020, 06:51 PM
Is it a HibsPass game, or Premier Sports only?

Sir David Gray
14-11-2020, 06:56 PM
Is it a HibsPass game, or Premier Sports only?

Premier Sports only.

Mikey
14-11-2020, 07:00 PM
Ta.

Sir David Gray
14-11-2020, 07:23 PM
Last 16 line up almost complete;

Seeds

Aberdeen
Celtic
Dunfermline
Hearts
Livingston
Motherwell
Rangers
One from Hibs/Dundee/Ross County

Non-seeds

Alloa
Arbroath
Ayr Utd
Falkirk
St Johnstone
St Mirren
Two from Hibs/Dundee/Ross County

hibbysam
14-11-2020, 07:28 PM

Seeds

Aberdeen
Celtic
Dunfermline
Hearts
Livingston
Motherwell
Rangers

Non-seeds

Alloa
Arbroath
Ayr Utd
Falkirk
St Johnstone
St Mirren

Just shows how important seeding is. Huge chance of a quarter final.

Andy74
14-11-2020, 08:02 PM

I think seedings in cups is a nonsense anyway. Hopefully we win the game anyway but seeding really shouldn’t come in to it. We will need to beat the best teams somewhere down the line to win it.

hibbysam
14-11-2020, 08:17 PM
I think seedings in cups is a nonsense anyway. Hopefully we win the game anyway but seeding really shouldn’t come in to it. We will need to beat the best teams somewhere down the line to win it.

So do I, it should be an open draw, and I say that in the same breath that everyone should enter the Scottish cup at the same stage, but it’ll never happen. The broadcasters want the biggest games at the latest stages. We will need to beat them, but limiting the amount of them we need to beat would be ideal.

Iggy Pope
14-11-2020, 09:17 PM

Seeds

Aberdeen
Celtic
Dunfermline
Hearts
Livingston
Motherwell
Rangers

Non-seeds

Alloa
Arbroath
Ayr Utd
Falkirk
St Johnstone
St Mirren

Good work
Are the seeded teams guaranteed home ties too?

Sir David Gray
14-11-2020, 09:20 PM
Good work

From memory I think it's done alternately out of the hat, first tie is a home draw for the seed, second tie non-seed's at home and so on.

Iggy Pope
14-11-2020, 09:21 PM
Need to win in 90 minutes too to get seeded, a win on penalties would see us top the group but not as one of the top four group winners.

So if it goes to penalties we’d be better losing out as we are stuck anyway and hope we get them again in the draw rather than a biggie? :greengrin

JimBHibees
14-11-2020, 09:24 PM

Yep massively important to be seeded

Iggy Pope
14-11-2020, 09:37 PM

If we were unseeded but out the hat at home to Livi, Ross Co, Dundee or Dunfermline would it be worse than being seeded but drawn away to St Johnstone or St Mirren or Dundee again? We could be at home to anyone it seems. I’m not seeing anything massive really.

GRA
14-11-2020, 09:53 PM
Good work

I think 4 seeded are at home and 4 away?

So if Hibs win they will be seeded. Any other result unseeded.

Sir David Gray
14-11-2020, 09:56 PM

Seeds

Aberdeen
Celtic
Dunfermline
Hearts
Livingston
Motherwell
Rangers

Non-seeds

Alloa
Arbroath
Ayr Utd
Falkirk
St Johnstone
St Mirren

Permutations;

Hibs

Must beat Dundee in 90 minutes tomorrow in order to be seeded, any other outcome sees us unseeded.

Dundee

Any kind of win (either in 90 minutes or after penalties) will see them seeded. Any kind of loss will see them unseeded.

Ross County

Hibs must beat Dundee on penalties in order for Ross County to be seeded, any other outcome will see them unseeded.

hibbysam
14-11-2020, 09:59 PM
If we were unseeded but out the hat at home to Livi, Ross Co, Dundee or Dunfermline would it be worse than being seeded but drawn away to St Johnstone or St Mirren or Dundee again? We could be at home to anyone it seems. I’m not seeing anything massive really.

Being unseeded gives us a 50% chance of hitting rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen or hearts. In cup draws you want the easiest possible draw, to guarantee an easier draw than those four then we need to be seeded. That’s fairly massive avoiding those clubs and there’s only one way to guarantee that.

RyeSloan
14-11-2020, 11:49 PM
Being unseeded gives us a 50% chance of hitting rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen or hearts. In cup draws you want the easiest possible draw, to guarantee an easier draw than those four then we need to be seeded. That’s fairly massive avoiding those clubs and there’s only one way to guarantee that.

Absolutely this.

As for the seeded thing..it all helps to spice up what was a pretty mundane tournament in the early rounds before so I think the groups and seeded thing works quite well for the league cup.

SteveHFC
15-11-2020, 12:37 AM
Forgot this was on tbh after what's happened in the past few days. :duck:

JimBHibees
15-11-2020, 06:03 AM

Yes we could we could also be away to Rangers or Celtic if unseeded.

Jim44
15-11-2020, 06:17 AM
The seeding issue is important, but a just a win with a solid performance is needed to get back the potential and feel good factor we had till recently.

JimBHibees
15-11-2020, 07:45 AM
The seeding issue is important, but a just a win with a solid performance is needed to get back the potential and feel good factor we had till recently.

Agree totally time to get back on track.

Iggy Pope
15-11-2020, 08:12 AM
Yes we could we could also be away to Rangers or Celtic if unseeded.

Yes, we could.

Key West
15-11-2020, 08:35 AM
An important game in terms of opportunities for fringe players to give the coach selection problems and for other individuals to reproduce the qualities that they have.
I would like to see the likes of Boyle, Murphy and Wright asking questions of defenders, being brave inviting fouls and then the team making the most of set piece deliveries from Mallan who in my opinion is a vital part of the team with potential assists and goals.
Every game should be treated as a big game and not wasted and a chance to develop and build on what has been a decent start.

LancsHibs
15-11-2020, 08:40 AM
Permutations;

Hibs

Must beat Dundee in 90 minutes tomorrow in order to be seeded, any other outcome sees us unseeded.

Dundee

Any kind of win (either in 90 minutes or after penalties) will see them seeded. Any kind of loss will see them unseeded.

Ross County

Hibs must beat Dundee on penalties in order for Ross County to be seeded, any other outcome will see them unseeded.

Thanks for that. Saves me trying to work it all out. Come on the Hibees, get this sorted in the 90!!

Since452
15-11-2020, 08:40 AM
Hopefully Mallan has a Stormer today. There's a place for him in that midfield after the last couple of games

Sammy7nil
15-11-2020, 08:44 AM
Has anyone added Premier Sport to their Virgin TV package?

Two questions did you have to phone Virgin and did the promotion code Sale get you a month for £5.99?

Smartie
15-11-2020, 08:54 AM
The last couple of games have been poor, as were the performances in the League Cup earlier this season.

There should be first team places up for grabs - and absolutely none of the fringe players made any sort of case for themselves earlier this season.

This is actually quite a big game, for that reason. We need players to step up to the plate and make a solid case that they can’t be left out for the next game - Mallan, Wright, McGregor.

Even Stephen McGinn. He’s not all that old, was St Mirren captain relatively recently and has played very well against us in the not too distant past. His signing looks to have been a strange one, and I’m not saying I expect him to have a stormer but it would be nice if he did so at a time when we’re questioning either Newell, Gogic or both pretty much every week.

Golden Bear
15-11-2020, 09:08 AM
Apathy reigns with me as far as this game goes I'm afraid. The drudgery of our "style" of play recently has dampened my enthusiasm altogether. No doubt I'll still be looking on with interest at kick off time though. 🙃

PatHead
15-11-2020, 09:40 AM
Good work

I seem to remember them alternating the first ball of each tie to home/away.

Might be wrong though.

Stuart93
15-11-2020, 09:46 AM
We should be winning this game with ease today no excuses with a performance to match.

Sir David Gray
15-11-2020, 09:47 AM
I seem to remember them alternating the first ball of each tie to home/away.

Might be wrong though.

That's correct.

Smartie
15-11-2020, 10:01 AM
We should be winning this game with ease today no excuses with a performance to match.

We’ve made hard work of games against crap lower league opposition like Brora, Cove, Forfar and Hearts lately.

I’d take any win, a decent performance would just be a bonus.

Billy Whizz
15-11-2020, 10:04 AM
Is Dorrans away from them yet?
Read he had a move lined up to Australia

B.H.F.C
15-11-2020, 10:08 AM
We’ve made hard work of games against crap lower league opposition like Brora, Cove, Forfar and Hearts lately.

We need to find some form again. Strongest available team and a dominant performance required for me. Restore some confidence, especially with Celtic next up. Particularly looking for the likes of Murphy to start contributing, good opportunity for him today I think.

Sir David Gray
15-11-2020, 10:47 AM
Is Dorrans away from them yet?
Read he had a move lined up to Australia

Yes he left them last week and has joined Western Sydney Wanderers.

Stuart93
15-11-2020, 11:08 AM

I think we’re due a performance, especially against a team hearts pumped 6-2. Anything other than a win today would be a disappointment. Think we can all agree on that

Snedz
15-11-2020, 01:14 PM

That in a nutshell has always been my philosophy. Win first and foremost, the performance is extremely important of course but a secondary aspect.

Since452
15-11-2020, 02:21 PM
Strong starting 11

Iggy Pope
15-11-2020, 05:55 PM

Wasn’t too massive in the end though it made no odds really.

Diclonius
15-11-2020, 05:57 PM
Next up for Hibs, Dundee (2)

Sir David Gray
15-11-2020, 05:57 PM
At least we won't need to wait long before posting on this thread again. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
15-11-2020, 05:58 PM
And in keeping with the thread title

Next up for hibs...dundee

Again :)

JimBHibees
16-11-2020, 06:20 AM
At least we won't need to wait long before posting on this thread again. :greengrin

:greengrin