PDA

View Full Version : Lyndon Dykes

weecounty hibby
12-11-2020, 10:01 PM
Ok, I'm first up. I thought he was a poor choice and would never be an international player. Glad to say that so far I was talking *****!

Mr Grieves
12-11-2020, 10:06 PM
He won everything in the air, a really top notch performance

Alan62
12-11-2020, 10:08 PM
Wish we’d signed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magpie
12-11-2020, 10:09 PM
I think he would partner really well with Griffiths.

CmoantheHibs
12-11-2020, 10:10 PM
Ok, I'm first up. I thought he was a poor choice and would never be an international player. Glad to say that so far I was talking *****!
I’ll be second. Thought it was a sign of how far we had fallen that he was selected. Turns out he is one of the main catalysts in our change of fortunes. Thought he was our man of the match tonight.

H18 SFR
12-11-2020, 10:17 PM
He is a Rolls Royce playing that particular role for Clarke and Scotland.

There is no one better who could play that specific role in the team.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-11-2020, 10:17 PM
Put in a terrific shift. Made the ball stick up top.

The 90+2
12-11-2020, 10:22 PM
He is a Rolls Royce playing that particular role for Clarke and Scotland.

There is no one better who could play that specific role in the team.

Twice the player of the Fulham boy too.

stoneyburn hibs
12-11-2020, 10:29 PM
Won every header, and done so much more.
What a player for Scotland, gave 100%

Power
12-11-2020, 11:22 PM
He was phenomenal. Others in the squad and in Scottish football can learn from his humble, hard working and committed style of play that makes everything else really smooth on the eye.

B.H.F.C
12-11-2020, 11:26 PM
Long time since I’ve seen a player have such an impact on a team when he’s come in. You only need to look at the difference with and without him on the pitch tonight.

He’s helped transform us in to a had decent side.

The 90+2
12-11-2020, 11:28 PM
He was phenomenal. Others in the squad and in Scottish football can learn from his humble, hard working and committed style of play that makes everything else really smooth on the eye.

He’s the Kieran Power of footballing world what you are to hibs rep you sexy laddie 🍺🍺🍺

HFCdeb
12-11-2020, 11:51 PM
He is class

oldbutdim
12-11-2020, 11:57 PM
He’s the Kieran Power of footballing world what you are to hibs rep you sexy laddie 🍺🍺🍺

That second bottle is often a mistake.

Baader
13-11-2020, 12:01 AM
Was immense tonight. Take a bow.

lord bunberry
13-11-2020, 07:08 AM
I’m another who didn’t rate him, I was shocked when he went to QPR for that amount of money and I didn’t think he’d have any impact for Scotland. Happy to admit I was totally wrong, he’s been brilliant for Scotland so far.

hibsbollah
13-11-2020, 07:10 AM
Reminds me a lot of Kenny Miller.

Bostonhibby
13-11-2020, 07:18 AM
I’m another who didn’t rate him, I was shocked when he went to QPR for that amount of money and I didn’t think he’d have any impact for Scotland. Happy to admit I was totally wrong, he’s been brilliant for Scotland so far.Yep, same here, fair play to the guy.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Hibee Mac
13-11-2020, 07:20 AM
Outstanding performance yesterday, I honestly think he won 90+% of his aerial battles last night which is unreal considering who he's up against.

Just look at the difference when Clarke almost chucked it and brought McBurnie on, leave Dykes on the pitch and we don't drop so deep and end up conceding.

blackpoolhibs
13-11-2020, 07:24 AM
Aye but he's not Scottish 😂😂😂😂

Pretty Boy
13-11-2020, 07:38 AM
The thought of him winning those flick ons and knock downs with a fully fit Griffiths in close proximity is an exciting one.

Probably not an option every game but if you need a goal in the last 20 minutes....

jeffers
13-11-2020, 07:41 AM
Never saw it with Livingston, with Scotland he’s excellent and such a team player. The difference when he went off and McBurnie and Paterson came on was night and day.

Brightside
13-11-2020, 07:45 AM
The thought of him winning those flick ons and knock downs with a fully fit Griffiths in close proximity is an exciting one.

Probably not an option every game but if you need a goal in the last 20 minutes....

Griffiths is doing his very best never to get picked for any football team again. Someone just needs to stop him ever having social media. He’s too stupid to be allowed on the internet.

The dalmeny
13-11-2020, 08:08 AM
Aye but he's not Scottish 😂😂😂😂

did you not recognise the Dumfries accent?

Great shift last night, committed, worker, and general pest.

JammyDoidger
13-11-2020, 08:18 AM
Absoloute machine. Won everything again! Must be a nightmare to play against! Fraser and Christie have taken the plaudits recently but it's him that's creating space for these guys!

The 90+2
13-11-2020, 08:28 AM
Griffiths is doing his very best never to get picked for any football team again. Someone just needs to stop him ever having social media. He’s too stupid to be allowed on the internet.

Griffiths is a baller. **** the hearts

Brightside
13-11-2020, 08:31 AM
Griffiths is a baller. **** the hearts

Are you still pissed.

Sylar
13-11-2020, 08:41 AM
Seen a lot of him when he played for Livi and I thought it was pretty obvious he'd go on to better things - especially in his performances against Celtc when he ran Julien and Ajer ragged. His attributes speak for themselves and he's been outstanding every time he's pulled on that blue shirt.

When you compare him to the £25 million enigma who replaced him (though fair play to McBurnie in slotting away his penalty), he's a far superior option.

Mon Dieu4
13-11-2020, 08:43 AM
Are you still pissed.

Not everyone will know what the issue with LG was overnight, I certainly didn't until about 10 minutes ago, don't believe for one minute he knew what Lafferty has been through recently, I certainly didn't

Aldo
13-11-2020, 09:00 AM
I must admit I didn’t really rate him and thought £2 million quid for him was unbelievable.

On the showing last nite, I was wrong! When he went off it was clear we missed his ability to hold up, chase and bring others into play.

Was a team performance last night but Dykes was my MOTM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where'stheslope
13-11-2020, 09:02 AM
I think Scotland are seeing the difference of a non Old Firm Manager.
Picking players for what they can do, not who they play for!
Tho' the panelists last night saying about Scotland picking players from all the big clubs?
Hope Clarke continues with his strategy, and not fall foul of the Old Firm media calls!!!

The Modfather
13-11-2020, 09:07 AM
Tho' the panelists last night saying about Scotland picking players from all the big clubs?
Hope Clarke continues with his strategy, and not fall foul of the Old Firm media calls!!!

The irony being that same approach, giving players in form a chance regardless of who they play for, has been heavily criticised on here by quite a few. Tough gig being a Scotland manager as you can’t win with some whatever you do.

Since90+2
13-11-2020, 09:16 AM
Not everyone will know what the issue with LG was overnight, I certainly didn't until about 10 minutes ago, don't believe for one minute he knew what Lafferty has been through recently, I certainly didn't

It's maybe just me but this doesn't make sense. What do you mean LG's issue overnight?

The 90+2
13-11-2020, 09:17 AM
Are you still pissed.

Yes.

****ing come onnnnnnnnnnnn.

HH81
13-11-2020, 09:18 AM
Lyndon Dykes was excellent last night and was very unlucky to be taken off.

Brightside
13-11-2020, 09:25 AM
It's maybe just me but this doesn't make sense. What do you mean LG's issue overnight?

He’s removed himself from Twitter again after slagging off Lafferty. He just needs to remove himself from all social.

Steve-O
13-11-2020, 09:30 AM

What’s he been through? Lafferty is an utter prick regardless.

Since90+2
13-11-2020, 09:33 AM
What’s he been through? Lafferty is an utter prick regardless.

From a quick Twitter search it seems his sister passed away recently. I'd be pretty surprised if LG knew that but it obviously looks bad.

superfurryhibby
13-11-2020, 09:50 AM
Dykes has been a revelation for Scotland. He might not have been born here, but he's clearly a passionate man and giving everything for the cause.

I was so impressed by how he played against very good quality defenders. Although they were bigger than him, he still won lots of balls in the air and was strong enough to hold them off with the ball at his feet. The tide was turning before he came off, but McBurnie just couldn't get on the ball and that made it so much easier for the Serbs during the last part of the game.

It's been a masterstroke getting the laddie on board. He'll be a top flight player down south soon enough, one way or another.

easty
13-11-2020, 11:09 AM
He’s removed himself from Twitter again after slagging off Lafferty. He just needs to remove himself from all social.

No he doesn't, it's a shame that the internet is full of idiots who'll try to apportion the absolute worst meanings to peoples comments, but LG did nothing wrong.

easty
13-11-2020, 11:10 AM
From a quick Twitter search it seems his sister passed away recently. I'd be pretty surprised if LG knew that but it obviously looks bad.

Does it though?

It can only look bad if you believe he was laughing at Laffertys sister dying, which he quite obviously wasn't.

Diclonius
13-11-2020, 11:12 AM
He's the striker we've needed for years. Hopefully he goes on to have a good season for QPR.

we are hibs
13-11-2020, 11:14 AM

You post some amount of utter ***** on here. And changing your username wont change that.

easty
13-11-2020, 11:15 AM
Dykes was brilliant, and the difference it made to our play when we took him off for McBurnie was massive. I never thought he was that good when he was at Livi.

I'm still one of those who doesn't think we should have players in the team who qualify to play for us like he does, but I'll support whoever is playing, and if he continues playing like that I'll be delighted.

Brightside
13-11-2020, 03:08 PM
You post some amount of utter ***** on here. And changing your username wont change that.

Pop me on ignore then. Will save you getting personal on a message board.

hibsbollah
13-11-2020, 03:13 PM

I agree with brightside. Leigh needs to stop using social media. Regardless of whether he meant offense about Laffertys sister, (and it’s highly likely he was totally ignorant of the situation) all the kerfuffle can’t be doing his mental health any good.

hibsbollah
13-11-2020, 03:15 PM

I was thinking this last night. Personally it’s easier for me to warm to this team because there’s less OF content in the first eleven than there’s ever been.

Onceinawhile
13-11-2020, 03:25 PM
Lyndon Dykes was excellent last night and was very unlucky to be taken off.

I think given his style of play, it's difficult for him to last 90 minutes at that tempo.

But he was fantastic. No coincedince we couldn't get out when he went off.

CMurdoch
13-11-2020, 03:42 PM
Hard to believe how many hold up and knock on headers Dykes wins. What amazes me is that he very rarely gives away a free kick when he jumps. Lots of you will remember guys like Duncan Ferguson, Joe Jordan etc playing up front for Scotland and giving away free kick after free kick in the same situations.

He has effortlessly made the transition from Livingston to International Football.
He totally disrupted quality Serbian defenders last night.
Even non playing things like having a smile for the referee last night played in his favour.
Remarkable cool customer.

Billy Whizz
13-11-2020, 05:36 PM
Hope Livvi have a decent sell on fee, because some of the EPL sides will be looking at him soon
Could set them up for years if he was to go for big money

Haymaker
13-11-2020, 06:00 PM
Thought he was class last night, won everything in the air. As a few other have said, a fully fit Griffiths buzzing off his flick ons could be a deadly combination

Iggy Pope
13-11-2020, 06:04 PM
Skilful and strong. Plays with a smile on his face and has a great attitude it seems. Whatever Scotland did to persuade him he needed to play for Scotland was a masterstroke.

Billy Whizz
13-11-2020, 07:38 PM
Skilful and strong. Plays with a smile on his face and has a great attitude it seems. Whatever Scotland did to persuade him he needed to play for Scotland was a masterstroke.

Think James McFadden played a bit part in getting him to play for Scotland, seemingly were teammates at QOS
Think speaking to Clarke would have been the clincher

Forza Fred
13-11-2020, 08:10 PM
An example of the undiscovered football talent in Australia.

He never played any higher than local state competition before trying his luck in his parent’s home town.

Another reason why Hibs should make a connection with an Australian club.

jacomo
13-11-2020, 09:21 PM
The irony being that same approach, giving players in form a chance regardless of who they play for, has been heavily criticised on here by quite a few. Tough gig being a Scotland manager as you can’t win with some whatever you do.

Yup, plenty of people were giving Clarke abuse. All credit to him, he had a plan, kept working at it and didn’t let the criticism affect him.

Interesting point made on 5 live before the match: Steve Clarke lives in Surrey, so gets the chance to escape all the criticism and his family is kept away from it. Something in that I think.

hibsbollah
13-11-2020, 10:41 PM
Hard to believe how many hold up and knock on headers Dykes wins. What amazes me is that he very rarely gives away a free kick when he jumps. Lots of you will remember guys like Duncan Ferguson, Joe Jordan etc playing up front for Scotland and giving away free kick after free kick in the same situations.

He has effortlessly made the transition from Livingston to International Football.
He totally disrupted quality Serbian defenders last night.
Even non playing things like having a smile for the referee last night played in his favour.
Remarkable cool customer.

Great point :agree: if you watch him (I have to be honest and admit this is based almost totally on his last two international performances only) he seems to jump AWAY from the defender when trying to win a header, avoiding claims of a push or an elbow, almost like he makes good judgement about where the aerial ball is going to land so has an advantage over the defender more times than not. Seems to be as simple as great natural timing.

Iggy Pope
14-11-2020, 04:37 PM
Think James McFadden played a bit part in getting him to play for Scotland, seemingly were teammates at QOS
Think speaking to Clarke would have been the clincher

Maybe. Good on him as it wouldn’t have been much of a laugh but it’s worked out well.