PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Magennis

Unseen work
09-11-2020, 05:02 PM
Seem to have missed why he was out of the Aberdeen game, was he injured and if so what was it, how bad and how long will we be out for?

Hope he’s back this weekend and gets a shot in his natural position.

Andy74
09-11-2020, 05:16 PM
Seem to have missed why he was out of the Aberdeen game, was he injured and if so what was it, how bad and how long will we be out for?

Hope he’s back this weekend and gets a shot in his natural position.

From the games he’s played I think he’s a bit off being ready. No surprise given the injury he had.

I think he’s in the Under 21 squad so won’t be with us next weekend.

Billy Whizz
10-11-2020, 12:53 PM
From the games he’s played I think he’s a bit off being ready. No surprise given the injury he had.

I think he’s in the Under 21 squad so won’t be with us next weekend.
He’s pulled out the squad

JimBHibees
10-11-2020, 01:02 PM
He’s pulled out the squad

Any idea of his injury and how long unavailable

Billy Whizz
10-11-2020, 02:03 PM
Any idea of his injury and how long unavailable

No idea Jim, just saw it here
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54889620

Heisenberg
12-11-2020, 06:59 AM
He’s out for the Dundee game and maybe Celtc. Let’s hope this doesn’t become the story of his time here.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-duo-ruled-out-betfred-cup-decider-against-dundee-3033169

Brightside
12-11-2020, 07:10 AM
A pulled hamstring so in no way related to his major injury. Please let’s not start with the Oh he’s injury prone stuff!

Billy Whizz
12-11-2020, 07:39 AM
A pulled hamstring so in no way related to his major injury. Please let’s not start with the Oh he’s injury prone stuff!

Exactly. It’s not unusual for someone returning from a long term injury, to pick up niggles

neil7908
12-11-2020, 07:43 AM
A real shame but looks like the international break may have come at a good time for his recovery.

Ozyhibby
12-11-2020, 08:19 AM

So far he has been. He changes that by being available for selection, nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
12-11-2020, 08:38 AM
So far he has been. He changes that by being available for selection, nothing else.

He has no say whatsoever in this. He's injured, it happens, he will be gutted enough without being labled injury prone.

Brightside
12-11-2020, 08:46 AM

For the love of the wee man. :rolleyes:

Ozyhibby
12-11-2020, 12:32 PM
He has no say whatsoever in this. He's injured, it happens, he will be gutted enough without being labled injury prone.

For the love of the wee man. :rolleyes:

My point was not about Magennis as such, just the point about labelling. He’ll only be labelled as injury prone if that’s what he turns out to be. He’s not going to be called that if he’s fit every week.
Complaining about a player being called that won’t change it.

B.H.F.C
12-11-2020, 02:03 PM
Had a feeling when we signed Magennis that it would take a bit of time to see anything from him. That’s not really a criticism of him. Hopefully we can get him fit and up to speed soon.

Stonewall
12-11-2020, 06:20 PM

Possibly indicates he’s not quite ready to come back yet.

When you do your acl a lot of the Rehab is hamstring for the knee joint’s stability especially when it’s under stress. Also the use (or did with me) use part of the hamstring tendon to replace the knackered ligament.

Steve20
13-11-2020, 06:27 AM
We could do with a fully fit Magennis ASAP. We are very poor in midfield recently and need to start taking control of games.

Brooster
13-11-2020, 08:40 AM
We could do with a fully fit Magennis ASAP. We are very poor in midfield recently and need to start taking control of games.

We won't be controlling the midfield any time soon with a midfield 4 consisting of 2 wingers and Newell who isn't great when we don't have the ball.

green day
13-11-2020, 10:31 PM
We won't be controlling the midfield any time soon with a midfield 4 consisting of 2 wingers and Newell who isn't great when we don't have the ball.

Isn't that 3?

Key West
13-11-2020, 10:39 PM
Looking forward to seeing Kyle Magennis when he has played a number of games.