PDA

View Full Version : Straight in at number 3

lord bunberry
06-11-2020, 08:43 PM
Of the worst hibs performances in my lifetime. We created nothing all night and gifted them 2 goals, we didn’t have an attempt on goal until the 91st minute and I’m not sure if that wasn’t a cross. Absolutely dire stuff.

Diclonius
06-11-2020, 08:45 PM
Not even close.

lord bunberry
06-11-2020, 08:49 PM
Not even close.
Possibly, but I’m struggling to think of any. That was completely inept.

kaimendhibs
06-11-2020, 08:59 PM
Trust me. At 56 years old ive seen far far worse.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
06-11-2020, 09:12 PM
Of the worst hibs performances in my lifetime. We created nothing all night and gifted them 2 goals, we didn’t have an attempt on goal until the 91st minute and I’m not sure if that wasn’t a cross. Absolutely dire stuff.

Not even in the top 100. Nowhere near it. We've been miles worse up there.

Andy74
06-11-2020, 09:13 PM

Mental.

easty
06-11-2020, 09:16 PM
Of the worst hibs performances in my lifetime.

Nope

Itsnoteasy
06-11-2020, 09:20 PM
Possibly, but I’m struggling to think of any. That was completely inept.

Let's start off with the 3 times Jts pumped us at Hampden

tamig
06-11-2020, 09:20 PM

That was poor but nowhere near up there with the worst.

Partyraiser
06-11-2020, 10:18 PM
It was definitely the worst performance of the season, but I've seen plenty worse than that in my lifetime!

houstonhibbee
06-11-2020, 10:19 PM
Let's start off with the 3 times Jts pumped us at Hampden
We played a lot, lot better last Saturday than today.......

TheHarpy76
07-11-2020, 02:40 AM
If that’s the 3rd worst performance you’ve seen as a Hibby. Then you’re doing well chief 😂

Brooster
07-11-2020, 06:57 AM

Out of interest....how old are you? 6 months?

calumhibee1
07-11-2020, 07:01 AM
Not even in the top 100. Nowhere near it. We've been miles worse up there.

I don’t agree with the OP, not even close.

But I’m not sure we’ve been much worse up there. Our only shot on target was more than likely actually a cross.

We could still be playing now and I doubt we’d have mustered up a chance.

Hiber-nation
07-11-2020, 08:50 AM
I don’t agree with the OP, not even close.

But I’m not sure we’ve been much worse up there. Our only shot on target was more than likely actually a cross.

We could still be playing now and I doubt we’d have mustered up a chance.

61% possession. No we didn't create a thing but there have been some horrendous performances up there when we've been under the cosh for most of the game. I still maintain that it was no better or worse then quite a few of our performances this season. We're not all that good.

H18 SFR
07-11-2020, 08:52 AM
61% possession. No we didn't create a thing but there have been some horrendous performances up there when we've been under the cosh for most of the game. I still maintain that it was no better or worse then quite a few of our performances this season. We're not all that good.

Even if we aren’t any good, hopefully we average enough to finish 5th or 6th with a fighting chance of 4th.

Nicho87
07-11-2020, 08:59 AM
I thought after last Saturday Ross would give it the big comeback talk. Splitting old firm only to get egg on his face. I was bored watching that last night. Make no mistakes about we’ve been lucky in a good few games this season, maybe his luck has just ran out.

Since452
07-11-2020, 09:00 AM

Lennon at Kilmarnock, Hecky at Motherwell, Yogi at St Johnstone just off the top of my head were far, far, worse than that last night. That isn't even in the top 100. Massive overreaction.

Barman Stanton
07-11-2020, 09:01 AM
Curious what age you are? Can’t have been watching in the 80s that’s for sure.

Since452
07-11-2020, 09:03 AM
Curious what age you are? Can’t have been watching in the 80s that’s for sure.

Or under Alex Miller

EI255
07-11-2020, 10:03 AM
I've definitely seen FAR, FAR worse!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
07-11-2020, 10:07 AM
Keep trying to forget St. Johnstone at home with the Maltese ref [emoji87][emoji87][emoji87]

matty_f
07-11-2020, 10:35 AM
It’s like Terry Butcher never happened.

tonyrougier123
07-11-2020, 10:49 AM
It’s like Terry Butcher never happened.

It’s also like Colin Calderwood never happened,rank 99% of the time! hopeless all the time.

makaveli1875
07-11-2020, 10:52 AM
It’s also like Colin Calderwood never happened,rank 99% of the time! hopeless all the time.

Not to be outdone by Fenlon who delivered 2 of the worst performances in the clubs entire history

erin go bragh
07-11-2020, 10:59 AM
We didn’t lay a finger on them but I’ve seen us play a lot, lot worse.
I usually detest the international break but I’m glad and looking forward to the Scotland game.

matty_f
07-11-2020, 11:01 AM
John Collins took a team up there, played Kevin McCann at centre half, and i think the match stats that day showed 30+ attempts on goal by Aberdeen.

Frazerbob
07-11-2020, 11:15 AM

I presume you’re not very old if that’s in your top 3 worst performances 🤣

lord bunberry
07-11-2020, 11:25 AM
:faf: Admittedly my post was a bit of an over reaction, sometimes I need to learn to calm down a bit before I comment on a game. Having said that I thought we were brutal, we lost 2-0 to a team that created nothing all game and we created nothing ourselves, we didn’t ever look we’d create a chance never mind score. Admittedly it wasn’t as bad as I made out though :greengrin

calumhibee1
07-11-2020, 11:32 AM
:faf: Admittedly my post was a bit of an over reaction, sometimes I need to learn to calm down a bit before I comment on a game. Having said that I thought we were brutal, we lost 2-0 to a team that created nothing all game and we created nothing ourselves, we didn’t ever look we’d create a chance never mind score. Admittedly it wasn’t as bad as I made out though :greengrin

:greengrin:

We were dreadful though. If anything the fact we had 61% possession and played that bad just makes it worse.

MrRobot
07-11-2020, 11:34 AM

:greengrin

Jones28
07-11-2020, 11:36 AM
Not to be outdone by Fenlon who delivered 2 of the worst performances in the clubs entire history

Yepp, so by the OPs logic that performance comes 3rd after the pumping in Europe by whoever they were - Molde? - and the 5-1 game.

lord bunberry
07-11-2020, 11:40 AM
:greengrin:

We were dreadful though. If anything the fact we had 61% possession and played that bad just makes it worse.
I hadn’t realised that, that makes it even worse.

Coco Bryce
07-11-2020, 12:03 PM
The fact we have to log in to the board after last nights game just cements how bad we were.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-11-2020, 12:08 PM
Dunno why probably the lyric “I wasn’t really sure what was going on” but this song came to mind... https://youtu.be/0sajngb0W6I

ekhibee
07-11-2020, 03:50 PM
I would imagine a lot of Hibs fans have their own view of the worst performances. Actually one of the very worst that I saw was in a game we didn't lose, against Dundee at ER. Simon Stainrod was the player manager for Dundee. I think it was either late 80's or early 90's. It was absolute pants.

Since452
07-11-2020, 04:05 PM
Some of the games in the Championship winning season were utter horse *****

easty
07-11-2020, 04:09 PM
Some of the games in the Championship winning season were utter horse *****

Not just that season. Every season down there has some brutal games against terrible sides.

MWHIBBIES
07-11-2020, 04:15 PM

Fenlon was miles better than Calderwood. 2 games don't define his time here IMO

The Modfather
07-11-2020, 04:16 PM

Like bald men fighting over a comb. I’d rather forget both managers 😀

Hiber-nation
07-11-2020, 04:26 PM

Don't know about miles although Calderwood was a diabolical appointment. Griffiths was Fenlon's get out card.

Someone mentioned 3 away games under Lennon, Hecky and Yogi that were all utterly dreadful and are still firmly etched in my memory but the one that sticks out for me under Calderwood was the 2-2 at Dunfermline when he took Griffiths and O'Connor off and brought on Agogo and Sodje when were were 2 up.

GordonHFC
07-11-2020, 04:33 PM
The whole of the 1980s was worse than last night.

allmodcons
07-11-2020, 04:39 PM
The whole of the 1980s was worse than last night.

Agreed.

Getting beat at Clydebank away in the Scottish Cup 1986 (I think). Where a guy was walking about selling macaroon bars (wtf).

Edit: February 1987

easty
07-11-2020, 04:58 PM

Maybe, but Fenlon was still *****. About as good a Hibs manager as Bobby Williamson.

kaimendhibs
07-11-2020, 05:23 PM
I would imagine a lot of Hibs fans have their own view of the worst performances. Actually one of the very worst that I saw was in a game we didn't lose, against Dundee at ER. Simon Stainrod was the player manager for Dundee. I think it was either late 80's or early 90's. It was absolute pants.I remember a few like that when Coyne and Keith would rip us a new one

Kano Kirsty
07-11-2020, 05:24 PM

You’ve obviously not been a fan for too long if that’s in your top 3. Considering some of our humiliations at the hands of Hearts, you have got to be at the wind up.

MWHIBBIES
07-11-2020, 06:21 PM
Don't know about miles although Calderwood was a diabolical appointment. Griffiths was Fenlon's get out card.

Someone mentioned 3 away games under Lennon, Hecky and Yogi that were all utterly dreadful and are still firmly etched in my memory but the one that sticks out for me under Calderwood was the 2-2 at Dunfermline when he took Griffiths and O'Connor off and brought on Agogo and Sodje when were were 2 up.

Na, he was miles better. Wins against Hearts, Celtic, 2 cup finals. Caderwood won 12 games from 49.

scoopyboy
07-11-2020, 06:27 PM
In the 80s 5-0 defeats could happen at Pittodrie, last night nowhere near some of the performances I have witnessed up there.

So far in the second cycle of fixtures we have collected the same number of points from the same teams so all is not lost

Snedz
07-11-2020, 06:33 PM
You’ve obviously not been a fan for too long if that’s in your top 3. Considering some of our humiliations at the hands of Hearts, you have got to be at the wind up.

The biggest humiliation of all was the absolute pounding hearts took on their own turf when the Tornadoes put seven past them without reply.

Now that was humiliating. We didn't burst a lithuanian bank or should have been liquidated soon afterwards either.

Hiber-nation
07-11-2020, 06:36 PM
Na, he was miles better. Wins against Hearts, Celtic, 2 cup finals. Caderwood won 12 games from 49.

You could say it was a bit of a rollercoaster if you were being really complimentary.

Whatever people's opinions of Fenlon are, he should never have been appointed Hibs manager.

I don't even want to think about Calderwood.

Snedz
07-11-2020, 06:43 PM
In the 80s 5-0 defeats could happen at Pittodrie, last night nowhere near some of the performances I have witnessed up there.

So far in the second cycle of fixtures we have collected the same number of points from the same teams so all is not lost

Yep.

The dons have almost always proven to be a very hard team to beat either home or away. A depressing one I remember was the 0-5 against us at the tail end of our 79/80 relegation year. Virtually assured the dons the league.

I really like their young player Hedges. Think he has a big future ahead.

Kano Kirsty
07-11-2020, 07:14 PM
The biggest humiliation of all was the absolute pounding hearts took on their own turf when the Tornadoes put seven past them without reply.

Now that was humiliating. We didn't burst a lithuanian bank or should have been liquidated soon afterwards either.

Whoah! We’re on the same side and I really don’t get your point? Last night wasn’t even close to being one of our worst performances as the OP states, so why the dig at me? It was a crap result yes, but FFS let’s stick together. ☹️

Michael
07-11-2020, 07:21 PM
Maybe, but Fenlon was still *****. About as good a Hibs manager as Bobby Williamson.

Got to give Bobby the benefit of the doubt for leaving a half decent side for the next manager.

Snedz
07-11-2020, 07:22 PM
Whoah! We’re on the same side and I really don’t get your point? Last night wasn’t even close to being one of our worst performances as the OP states, so why the dig at me? It was a crap result yes, but FFS let’s stick together. ☹️

No dig at you at all.

I was merely pointing out as we all know that we've humiliated them on a good few occasions too. Its not been all one way, that's for sure.

:aok:

Carheenlea
07-11-2020, 07:27 PM

If you can’t overreact on a fans forum then where can you.

I used to know a guy who would claim every bad performance to be the “worst I’ve seen in thirty years”. Went through most of the Miller years claiming spectating career worst performance on a weekly basis!

hibsbollah
07-11-2020, 07:53 PM

As has been said, 61% possession is an irrelevant stat when you do nothing with the ball, it’s worse than irrelevant. Ten years ago when Spain and Barca were passing everyone to death it was a useful stat, now when most successful teams press high and attack high speed and on the counter, it often shows which teams have run out of ideas and are passing it sideways.

Hiber-nation
07-11-2020, 08:03 PM
As has been said, 61% possession is an irrelevant stat when you do nothing with the ball, it’s worse than irrelevant. Ten years ago when Spain and Barca were passing everyone to death it was a useful stat, now when most successful teams press high and attack high speed and on the counter, it often shows which teams have run out of ideas and are passing it sideways.

I'm not saying it was anything other than poor, it's just way better than 30% possession, no shots at goal and a 4-0 defeat which was a fairly regular occurrence in the past.

07-11-2020, 08:09 PM
My worst was getting beat by Montrose ( was at the game) then following Wednesday down at Liverpool ( was there)
Starting dropped and Toshack scored his first hat trick

07-11-2020, 08:11 PM
Stanton

kaimendhibs
07-11-2020, 08:21 PM
My worst was getting beat by Montrose ( was at the game) then following Wednesday down at Liverpool ( was there)
Starting dropped and Toshack scored his first hat trickI was at the Montrose game but too young/skint for Liverpool

Gloucester Hibs
07-11-2020, 08:22 PM
Sure they took 4 off us only a few years back under Lennon. But comparing varying level of pish-ness doesn’t really achieve that much TBH.

However! I propose a 4-0 mid-90’s defeat at Dens Park under Alex Miller, who when the 4th went in took off a striker for a defender - damage limitation!!

ahibby
07-11-2020, 08:42 PM
I thought after last Saturday Ross would give it the big comeback talk. Splitting old firm only to get egg on his face. I was bored watching that last night. Make no mistakes about we’ve been lucky in a good few games this season, maybe his luck has just ran out.

Yes u could be right. The 0 1 at Killie made my eyes bleed. Some say its a good team that plays poorly and wins but the same could be said of a lucky one surely.

houstonhibbee
07-11-2020, 09:28 PM

You cant compare Aberdeen under Ferguson in the 80's with current team

Sammy7nil
08-11-2020, 09:42 PM

Were you born this year? :greengrin

Far too many poorer performances to list but probably not in my top 100

scoopyboy
09-11-2020, 08:00 AM
You cant compare Aberdeen under Ferguson in the 80's with current team

Where did I compare the current Aberdeen team with Fergie's team.

I merely stated I had seen far worse Hibs performances up there.

I'm Spartacus
09-11-2020, 11:11 AM
I laugh when people claim performances these days are the worst in their lifetime, I just then assume these posters are 10 years old!

Some folk don't know they are born, I think back to a 4 hour bus journey to Aberdeen in December (1984 I think it was), the windows blowing open and snow coming in, drinking utter pi55 water and nicking my nob on the can when bursting and getting pi55 on my hands and jeans, then stumbling over and down the snow covered hill to Pittodrie in horizontal snow to then sit/stand in conditions I cannot describe to anyone who wasn't there to be pumped 2-0...... then do all the above but in reverse for the home journey, we nearly never made it home!

JimBHibees
09-11-2020, 02:10 PM
Out of interest....how old are you? 6 months?

:greengrin

erin go bragh
09-11-2020, 02:23 PM
Sure they took 4 off us only a few years back under Lennon. But comparing varying level of pish-ness doesn’t really achieve that much TBH.

However! I propose a 4-0 mid-90’s defeat at Dens Park under Alex Miller, who when the 4th went in took off a striker for a defender - damage limitation!!
Well, I raise you the same team and score but the damage was done in the first half at ER, mid 80s . Sure it was also under Miller 👀 He gave us a few shockers .

Crab apple
09-11-2020, 02:32 PM
Well, I raise you the same team and score but the damage was done in the first half at ER, mid 80s . Sure it was also under Miller 👀 He gave us a few shockers .

I was at that game. A fast, young red headed striker by the name of Keith Wright did the damage.

Peevemor
09-11-2020, 02:38 PM
I was at that game. A fast, young red headed striker by the name of Keith Wright did the damage.

Keith Wright & Tommy Coyne were a lethal partnership - Dundee were pretty decent at that time.

bigwheel
09-11-2020, 02:41 PM
Keith Wright & Tommy Coyne were a lethal partnership - Dundee were pretty decent at that time.

Yes. he also had a very productive partnership with Billy Dodds too ..once Coyne moved on .. he would have been a joy to play alongside , so selfish in his workload ....

Scorrie
09-11-2020, 04:03 PM
I laugh when people claim performances these days are the worst in their lifetime, I just then assume these posters are 10 years old!

Some folk don't know they are born, I think back to a 4 hour bus journey to Aberdeen in December (1984 I think it was), the windows blowing open and snow coming in, drinking utter pi55 water and nicking my nob on the can when bursting and getting pi55 on my hands and jeans, then stumbling over and down the snow covered hill to Pittodrie in horizontal snow to then sit/stand in conditions I cannot describe to anyone who wasn't there to be pumped 2-0...... then do all the above but in reverse for the home journey, we nearly never made it home!

There where some desperate times then. Getting pumped 4-1 at Aberdeen with Pat Stanton getting sent off and then getting jumped by Aberdeen casuals in the sand dunes outside the stadium was pretty memorable. Youngsters today have no idea!

scoopyboy
09-11-2020, 04:16 PM
There where some desperate times then. Getting pumped 4-1 at Aberdeen with Pat Stanton getting sent off and then getting jumped by Aberdeen casuals in the sand dunes outside the stadium was pretty memorable. Youngsters today have no idea!

Don't think casuals were on the go when Pat Stanton got sent off playing for Hibs at Aberdeen:greengrin

Plenty fighting though, for some strange reason a few times at Muirton Park.

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 04:36 PM
Ayr under Sauzee was 100% one of the worst. Dunfermline at home around 2001/02 also much worse. 6-2 down at Killie on grand national day. Stirling away in the cup. There’s four.

Worst at Aberdeen for me was actually the season we finished third ahead of them and got horsed three or four nil that or the game Maka kicked it against their player and Hong Kong Thiery got sent off.

MWHIBBIES
09-11-2020, 06:58 PM

To be honest, other than the result, that misery sounds like entirely your own fault :greengrin

09-11-2020, 07:26 PM
Ayr under Sauzee was 100% one of the worst. Dunfermline at home around 2001/02 also much worse. 6-2 down at Killie on grand national day. Stirling away in the cup. There’s four.

Worst at Aberdeen for me was actually the season we finished third ahead of them and got horsed three or four nil that or the game Maka kicked it against their player and Hong Kong Thiery got sent off.

Motherwell under Sauzee

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 07:31 PM
Motherwell under Sauzee

Shout. Was that the game some random scored a Hattrick in the second half and they played really annoying music each goal?

Yet some think we are self entitled 🤣

09-11-2020, 07:33 PM
Shout. Was that the game some random scored a Hattrick in the second half and they played really annoying music each goal?

Yet some think we are self entitled 🤣

I think it was three identical goals iirc. I’m still baffled that folk thought Sauzee should have got more of a chance. He was an awful manager.

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 07:36 PM
I think it was three identical goals iirc. I’m still baffled that folk thought Sauzee should have got more of a chance. He was an awful manager.

Three from corners? I left before the Hattrick tbh. If it wasn’t corners maybe that was the annoying music every time they got one. The guy looked like a mix of Ivan Sproule and Pele.

Yeah he was well out his depth tbh. I was actually happy Bobby took over. First game pumped St Johnstone and delighted we stayed up.

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/1808233.stm

The pornstar scored the first. I forgot he went to them. 🤣

Aye Aberdeen on Friday wasn’t even near the worst up north.

Cup loss to Ross County and hammered in the pissing sleet 3-0 in Inverness was a lot lot worse also. Worst days ever.

Since452
09-11-2020, 07:55 PM

Always bemused me too. Absolutely clueless manager

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 08:07 PM
Always bemused me too. Absolutely clueless manager

Still drew at the pink dump though lad. John O’Neil last min Xmas time the utter scenes that night (maybe day but it was dark as anything coming away) seats and bodies everywhere.

houstonhibbee
09-11-2020, 09:44 PM
Where did I compare the current Aberdeen team with Fergie's team.

I merely stated I had seen far worse Hibs performances up there.

Right here.....In the 80s 5-0 defeats could happen at Pittodrie

I'm Spartacus
11-11-2020, 08:39 AM
To be honest, other than the result, that misery sounds like entirely your own fault :greengrin

Haha I was relieved when bottled beer arrived! :)

Since452
11-11-2020, 09:38 AM
Still drew at the pink dump though lad. John O’Neil last min Xmas time the utter scenes that night (maybe day but it was dark as anything coming away) seats and bodies everywhere.

True. That draw actually felt like a win