PDA

View Full Version : Defending

dastardly8
06-11-2020, 07:10 PM
Have we got a link with Man Utd defending is a farce , McGregor on Porteous off immediately disgraceful from him

DaveF
06-11-2020, 07:38 PM
God, this internet thing really does give way to extreme reaction.

It's not disgraceful. Its an error. And a poor one at that. Just like Murphy for goal 1.

Do we sub everyone off who makes a mistake?

We are defending poorly - no doubt about it. On that, I'll agree.

MWHIBBIES
06-11-2020, 07:39 PM
When did McGregor last have a good run on form? At least 18 months ago. He's no match fit and is past his best. Rather play the guy with potential who is probably a better player right now too.

gaz1875
06-11-2020, 07:49 PM
When did McGregor last have a good run on form? At least 18 months ago. He's no match fit and is past his best. Rather play the guy with potential who is probably a better player right now too.

When did Porteous have a good run of form? he's a bomb scare and has been for a long time, believes his own hype. He needs to get back to basics and play to his strengths. Something Daz would be doing.

Irish_Steve
06-11-2020, 07:51 PM
Much as I love Daz, he struggled against Brora so really isn't the answer anymore sadly

MWHIBBIES
06-11-2020, 07:52 PM
When did Porteous have a good run of form? he's a bomb scare and has been for a long time, believes his own hype. He needs to get back to basics and play to his strengths. Something Daz would be doing.

Eh, this season? He's been really solid. Nothing to suggest he believes his own hype. Maybe this place should stop hyping him and let him play.

Daz is knackered. Long time since he contributed

Heisenberg
06-11-2020, 07:56 PM

Yeah he’s been very good for most of this season. McGregor looked finished against Cove Rangers ffs, could barely move.

gaz1875
06-11-2020, 07:58 PM
Eh, this season? He's been really solid. Nothing to suggest he believes his own hype. Maybe this place should stop hyping him and let him play.

Daz is knackered. Long time since he contributed

You think he's been really solid? I would say a couple of games he was okay. Last week was a more typical game, slashing at everything and getting caught out of position. You are spot on with the hype for sure, it also doesn't help when the Scotland manager puts him in the squad with probably no intention of playing him.

MWHIBBIES
06-11-2020, 08:17 PM
You think he's been really solid? I would say a couple of games he was okay. Last week was a more typical game, slashing at everything and getting caught out of position. You are spot on with the hype for sure, it also doesn't help when the Scotland manager puts him in the squad with probably no intention of playing him.

He has undoubtedly been solid, we have the second most clean sheets in the league for a reason

Irish_Steve
06-11-2020, 08:25 PM
He has undoubtedly been solid, we have the second most clean sheets in the league for a reason

That's not fair, stop using facts to back up your argument ;)

gaz1875
06-11-2020, 08:27 PM

Haha I forgot he's a one man defence

Vault Boy
06-11-2020, 08:29 PM
Haha I forgot he's a one man defence

Nobody said it was exclusively down to Porteous.

Unseen work
06-11-2020, 08:43 PM
It was nothing to do with defending, it was being careless on the ball that cost the 2 goals.

JohnM1875
06-11-2020, 10:17 PM

Have to agree with you. He's been lucky Hanlon has bailed him out a few times this season. Porto makes far too many mistakes for a centre half.

I think both Porto and Doig have great potential but shouldn't be starting every game for us. The worry is, as pointed out for Porto anyway, what's the alternative? If you watched any league cup game Daz looked way off it.

Partyraiser
06-11-2020, 10:20 PM
Porteous has been poor since he got the call up. Unfortunately we cant give him a spell out the team as we have no viable replacement