PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

Scooter
02-11-2020, 09:18 PM
Seen on his insta hes doing some fitness work. Hopefully this is some good news in one way or another

H18 SFR
02-11-2020, 09:31 PM
Sounds good. I really wanted to post on here earlier when we can expect to see him back but I know it must be frowned upon to ask with the deleted threads etc.

HendoDelivered
02-11-2020, 10:13 PM
I think those are old images to advertise the original accounts page/his PT.

Just_Jimmy
03-11-2020, 04:44 AM
the first rule of Scott Allan is you don't talk about Scott Allan...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
03-11-2020, 06:06 AM
I think those are old images to advertise the original accounts page/his PT.

Yup. Judging by the trees etc it looks like it’s from summer.

neil7908
03-11-2020, 07:33 AM
I think we would have made the difference on Saturday. We really are missing his vision and quality in the middle of the park.

I've been very critical since Saturday but he's irreplaceable to us imo.

B.H.F.C
03-11-2020, 07:37 AM
I think we would have made the difference on Saturday. We really are missing his vision and quality in the middle of the park.

I've been very critical since Saturday but he's irreplaceable to us imo.

We miss his goal threat. 10 goals he got last season. Our midfielders won’t score 10 goals between them this season.

neil7908
03-11-2020, 07:47 AM
We miss his goal threat. 10 goals he got last season. Our midfielders won’t score 10 goals between them this season.

Very true as well. I know he has off games, or ones where he's anonymous for 70 minutes but then he usually gets a goal or an assist that no-one else in our squad is capable of.

hibee-boys
03-11-2020, 08:00 AM

Yip, we are too reliant on Nisbet/Doidge to score, if they have an off day we struggle, they need support from the midfield and centre halves at set pieces.

The lack of information coming from Easter Road around Scott Allan is a worry, it’s all very vague.

Blackfordhibby
03-11-2020, 08:07 AM
This'll be closed in 10 minutes, when the admin finishes his breakfast. Smiley smiley smiley.

jeffers
03-11-2020, 08:09 AM
While a number of us have heard a reason why he isn’t figuring I don’t know why the club don’t provide an update. They don’t need to go into specifics about his condition but the initial announcement was so vague it leads to speculation and wee updates on his Instagram only leads to (false) hope that he may be back soon.

JohnM1875
03-11-2020, 08:14 AM
He's the difference maker for us.

We absolutely struggle creatively when he isn't in the team. Far too many side or backwards passes, which is something Allan rarely does.

flash
03-11-2020, 08:15 AM
While a number of us have heard a reason why he isn’t figuring I don’t know why the club don’t provide an update. They don’t need to go into specifics about his condition but the initial announcement was so vague it leads to speculation and wee updates on his Instagram only leads to (false) hope that he may be back soon.
Maybe what a few of you have heard isn't 100% accurate.

jeffers
03-11-2020, 08:19 AM
Maybe what a few of you have heard isn't 100% accurate.

And maybe it is, I have no intention of discussing it, the point of my post was I don’t see why the club cannot provide an update on his situation.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2020, 08:41 AM

Mallan already has 3, Boyle 3, Wright 1, Newall 1. 8 already so I'd say 10 is possible.

Allan is a big miss, though. We can say that without putting others down.

B.H.F.C
03-11-2020, 08:43 AM
Mallan already has 3, Boyle 3, Wright 1, Newall 1. 8 already so I'd say 10 is possible.

Allan is a big miss, though. We can say that without putting others down.

Wasn’t really classing Boyle as a midfielder. Goals from the middle of the park, ie where Allan plays, is what I was talking about. We don’t have anyone who is going to score regularly from there.

Keith_M
03-11-2020, 09:34 AM
It's funny because when he is playing, some posters describe him as 'like being a man down' or 'a waste of a jersey'.

Maybe Scott Allan is the Marmite in our squad.

Brightside
03-11-2020, 09:57 AM
It's funny because when he is playing, some posters describe him as 'like being a man down' or 'a waste of a jersey'.

Maybe Scott Allan is the Marmite in our squad.

Like all our players some days he is great some days he is not great. Not sure conditions would have suited his game on Saturday tbf.

H18 SFR
03-11-2020, 09:59 AM
I have no idea why he isn’t playing. Just cryptic clues on here on threads that end up closed.

I actually wondered if he has an injunction of some sort stopping it being discussed. Is it a legal minefield what’s going on?

Frazerbob
03-11-2020, 10:05 AM
I have no idea why he isn’t playing. Just cryptic clues on here on threads that end up closed.

I actually wondered if he has an injunction of some sort stopping it being discussed. Is it a legal minefield what’s going on?

🤫

H18 SFR
03-11-2020, 10:08 AM
🤫

😂😂👌👌

Pretty Boy
03-11-2020, 10:33 AM
Why do people expect ongoing updates about Scott Allan?

We were told he had a 'health issue' and that's that. If you were off work ill would you expect your employer to be providing customers with regular updates as to your current condition? I'm sure as and when Scott Allan and Hibs feel the time is right to give us more information then we will get it. Until then it's nobodies business.

Andy74
03-11-2020, 10:41 AM

We were told he had a 'health issue' and that's that. If you were off work ill would you expect your employer to be providing customers with regular updates as to your current condition? I'm sure as and when Scott Allan and Hibs feel the time is right to give us more information then we will get it. Until then it's nobodies business.

Injuries aren’t really our business. Employment contracts aren’t our business. Making managers redundant isn’t our business.

It’s football though and the availability of a football player, and a key one is going to be a matter of interest.

It would be quite significant for us as football fans if a key player was going to be available again or not.

These will keep getting closed and the threads will keep popping up because it is a matter of footballing interest.

Frazerbob
03-11-2020, 10:44 AM

Whilst true in real life, he’s a footballer, a much loved player. He’s not a check out assistant at Tesco or an administrator at Standard Life. People are desperate for news on his well being and, obviously, the team’s. If he was a Scottish rugby star, a much loved Eastenders actor or a pop star, there would be similar speculation.

Pretty Boy
03-11-2020, 10:49 AM
Injuries aren’t really our business. Employment contracts aren’t our business. Making managers redundant isn’t our business.

It’s football though and the availability of a football player, and a key one is going to be a matter of interest.

It would be quite significant for us as football fans if a key player was going to be available again or not.

These will keep getting closed and the threads will keep popping up because it is a matter of footballing interest.

And with the exception of injuries, which I'd assume is done with the players permission, the club don't give us in depth details of any of the examples listed.

If people want to engage in idle speculation about his health then that's on them. Demanding updates from the club is just a nonsense. I think it's fair to assume given the way this has been handled that we aren't dealing with a thigh strain. Like it or not Scott Allan, talented footballer or otherwise, has the same right to privacy and confidentiality as anyone else. When he decides the time is right I'm sure we will get all the juicy details some obviously crave.

Andy74
03-11-2020, 10:54 AM
And with the exception of injuries, which I'd assume is done with the players permission, the club don't give us in depth details of any of the examples listed.

If people want to engage in idle speculation about his health then that's on them. Demanding updates from the club is just a nonsense. I think it's fair to assume given the way this has been handled that we aren't dealing with a thigh strain. Like it or not Scott Allan, talented footballer or otherwise, has the same right to privacy and confidentiality as anyone else. When he decides the time is right I'm sure we will get all the juicy details some obviously crave.

Yeah but we can discuss all those things.

Agree about the club updates though. They will know best but until we hear either way, and it doesn’t have to have any detail, football fans will naturally be keen to hear if a key player will be okay.

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 10:56 AM

While I agree with the majority of this mate it would be helpful if the club could let us know if he’s going to be back playing any time soon or even this side of the year. We are desperate for him to be okay and to be back playing football and just leaving it and expecting us to understand and not ask at all isn’t realistic.

Pretty Boy
03-11-2020, 10:58 AM
While I agree with the majority of this mate it would be helpful if the club could let us know if he’s going to be back playing any time soon or even this side of the year. We are desperate for him to be okay and to be back playing football and just leaving it and expecting us to understand and not ask at all isn’t realistic.

Maybe they don't know.

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 11:03 AM
Maybe they don't know.

Fair point 👍

superfurryhibby
03-11-2020, 11:12 AM

I think there is something in between idle speculation and fans eager to know why a player is absent from playing.

Again with privacy and confidentiality, I think scrutiny and speculation comes with the territory when you're in the public eye.

I very much doubt Allan just said I'm not feeling great, so I'm not training or playing. The club know why this needed to stop. They may not know what the future holds for him in the playing sense.

It's not all about juicy details. We're fans, it's perfectly understandable that we want info on a key player.

In saying that, of course it's up to Allan to decide when he wants to speak out, but people will wonder what's going on and rightly so.

neil7908
03-11-2020, 11:20 AM

I get what you are saying. But I don't think the analogy quite works and I certainly wouldn't consider myself a customer of Hibs. If I was a customer I can tell you I wouldn't be going back after Saturday!

J-C
03-11-2020, 11:46 AM
We know it's not an injury but a health issue, it's been a good few weeks since it was 1st mentioned by the management and a top player isn't available. It's only natural as fans we start questioning as the weeks tick by and no more is being said.

jeffers
03-11-2020, 12:29 PM
Totally disagree with posts on here saying they don’t expect the club to issue an update re Scott Allan. We aren’t demanding personal information all we are asking is an update on when if ever we are likely to see one of our most talented players back in a Hibs team, a player who could well have made a big difference on Saturday. If the club have no idea, which I doubt, then at least tell us. Since the initial announcement it’s as if he doesn’t exist.

Stonewall
03-11-2020, 12:54 PM
Totally disagree with posts on here saying they don’t expect the club to issue an update re Scott Allan. We aren’t demanding personal information all we are asking is an update on when if ever we are likely to see one of our most talented players back in a Hibs team, a player who could well have made a big difference on Saturday. If the club have no idea, which I doubt, then at least tell us. Since the initial announcement it’s as if he doesn’t exist.

Maybe the club does want to say something but Scott wants to keep it private at the moment.

jeffers
03-11-2020, 01:17 PM
Maybe the club does want to say something but Scott wants to keep it private at the moment.

I totally respect Scott Allan’s right for privacy. I’m just asking for an update on when if ever we are likely to see him play again. It’s clearly not the same as in injury, but at the same time that could be argued is a private matter, yet clubs regularly provide updates when a player is out injured.

ancient hibee
03-11-2020, 01:20 PM
I totally respect Scott Allan’s right for privacy. I’m just asking for an update on when if ever we are likely to see him play again. It’s clearly not the same as in injury, but at the same time that could be argued is a private matter, yet clubs regularly provide updates when a player is out injured.

Yes and injury updates are usually totally inaccurate.

Sergio sledge
03-11-2020, 02:00 PM
I've just been working on the assumption that Scott Allan, being type 1 diabetic, was keeping his distance from the rest of the squad and from playing games to minimise the risk of his exposure to Coronavirus. Weren't type 1 diabetics in the shielding group?

I didn't realise that the club had talked about a "health issue".

jeffers
03-11-2020, 02:03 PM
I've just been working on the assumption that Scott Allan, being type 1 diabetic, was keeping his distance from the rest of the squad and from playing games to minimise the risk of his exposure to Coronavirus. Weren't type 1 diabetics in the shielding group?

They certainly were, but I can’t keep track of the latest guidelines, but regardless he wouldn’t have figured in the early games if he was shielding.

JR mentioned he had a health issue at a press conference a few months ago.

Centre Hawf
03-11-2020, 05:48 PM
The thing that is concerning me is that it doesn't seem like journalists are even asking about his availability or return to training etc. Almost like they've been asked/told not to.

Whatever the situation is the first priority is I hope Scott is okay. Then after that we can hopefully see him back in a Hibs shirt where he belongs because he's a massive miss to our team.

Eyrie
03-11-2020, 06:03 PM

The answer then is that he's "two weeks" away.

I'm missing an on-fire Allan in our midfield, but since the club hasn't commented then it's clear that Allan wants this kept confidential and I'm happy to respect that.

Clarence
03-11-2020, 07:04 PM
Boyle’s form has suffered since Allan has been out of the team.

Unseen work
03-11-2020, 10:23 PM
Boyle’s form has suffered since Allan has been out of the team.

It really is no coincidence, Allan is the one that will beat a man to create space for Boyle or play a sublime through ball for him to run on to.

Arch Stanton
04-11-2020, 08:29 AM

It doesn't have to be shielding - there are various side issues that can occur with diabetes - feet and eyes could get affected I'm sure, although I'm no expert.

CraigHibee
04-11-2020, 12:29 PM
feet and eyes could get affected I'm sure, although I'm no expert.

Yeah they can, I'm diabetic and have had nerve issues with my feet, I get my eyes tested once a year up at the eye pavillion. Other things like kidney damage as well , my brother in law had type 1 and had to get his leg amputated below the knee, poor guy was in hospital a few weeks got released then passed away 2 days later due to kidney failure.

Horrible thing to have

jeffers
04-11-2020, 12:34 PM
Yeah they can, I'm diabetic and have had nerve issues with my feet, I get my eyes tested once a year up at the eye pavillion. Other things like kidney damage as well , my brother in law had type 1 and had to get his leg amputated below the knee, poor guy was in hospital a few weeks got released then passed away 2 days later due to kidney failure.

Horrible thing to have
Heart trouble too is another possibility. I know the advice is lose weight, eat well, you’d hope an elite sportsman the risks are less, but then you add in the potentially greater risks with COVID, it’s a terrible disease.

Iggy Pope
04-11-2020, 01:50 PM
It really is no coincidence, Allan is the one that will beat a man to create space for Boyle or play a sublime through ball for him to run on to.

Joe Newell slid one such sublime ball into the box for him on Saturday but unfortunately someone had tied Martin’s feet together right where he was standing.

Iggy Pope
04-11-2020, 01:55 PM

Horrible thing to have

In a few days worth of bloody awful posts this is by far the most distressing. Cannot imagine the grief around those events.

The 90+2
04-11-2020, 01:58 PM

Horrible thing to have

Jesus.

So sorry for your loss mate.

CMurdoch
04-11-2020, 03:05 PM
In a few days worth of bloody awful posts this is by far the most distressing. Cannot imagine the grief around those events.

Yeah, poor guy.

The_Exile
04-11-2020, 03:58 PM
I'm type 1 and have been for 30 years since I was diagnosed aged 7. You'll live a relatively long and healthy life if you play the game, end of story. Scott is a young man and will be well controlled, he's not a daft guy. However, we're at increased risk for a whole load of things obviously.

Whatever Scott is battling just now I'm sure he'll get through it in good time and he's got a great support network throughout a club that adores him.

Iggy Pope
04-11-2020, 05:00 PM
I'm type 1 and have been for 30 years since I was diagnosed aged 7. You'll live a relatively long and healthy life if you play the game, end of story. Scott is a young man and will be well controlled, he's not a daft guy. However, we're at increased risk for a whole load of things obviously.

Whatever Scott is battling just now I'm sure he'll get through it in good time and he's got a great support network throughout a club that adores him.

100%

SlickShoes
04-11-2020, 05:12 PM

Boyle has had loads of balls like that to him recently and done absolutely nothing with them, his failings aren't because Allan is out.

MrRobot
04-11-2020, 06:47 PM
We miss Allan massively and i hope to **** we see him back soon. Absolutely crucial player for us.

Stonewall
04-11-2020, 08:19 PM
Boyle has had loads of balls like that to him recently and done absolutely nothing with them, his failings aren't because Allan is out.

Not true. Two superb crosses into the box one of which Gordon saved from Nisbet.

He’s not going great guns at the moment but try to have some perspective please. But criticism which is both lazy and lacking in context is... well, just lazy really.

CraigHibee
04-11-2020, 09:56 PM

Was horrible, I was in the process of dropping the (now ex) girlfriend into town to get her hair done and was going to be dropping my flat keys over to my sister's as she was going to be feeding my cats while I was away on holiday.

Can remember my mum phoning and having her on loud speaker in the car and her telling me he had died, I dropped the misses into town and headed straight to my sister's house, police were there due it being a sudden death,was horrible

CraigHibee
04-11-2020, 09:57 PM
Jesus.

So sorry for your loss mate.

Thanks mate