PDA

View Full Version : Rangers players breach coronavirus protocols

Magpie
02-11-2020, 10:35 AM
Jordan Jones and George Edmundson both suspended and to self isolate for 14 days.

Greenbeard
02-11-2020, 01:19 PM
Jordan Jones and George Edmundson both suspended and to self isolate for 14 days.
Suspension is worth nothing if they are having to self isolate anyway, unless it is without pay or for a much longer period. Players who breach these protocols need absolutely hammered with a massive fine. Putting the continuation of the game at risk.

ancient hibee
02-11-2020, 01:31 PM
Jordan Jones seems determined to ruin his chance at Ibrox.

Billy Whizz
02-11-2020, 01:34 PM
Suspension is worth nothing if they are having to self isolate anyway, unless it is without pay or for a much longer period. Players who breach these protocols need absolutely hammered with a massive fine. Putting the continuation of the game at risk.

Think Aberdeen fined their players who broke the rules, I’m sure Rangers will do likewise
Seemingly they attended a house party, at which Police fined at least 10 people

EI255
02-11-2020, 01:52 PM
This will be the start of their collapse [emoji16]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Magpie
02-11-2020, 02:35 PM
This will be the start of their collapse [emoji16]

We will overtake them at the top of the league on Boxing Day.

Chorley Hibee
02-11-2020, 05:32 PM
Looks like there may be more to this. Seemingly it was Scott Arfield's birthday party and countless Rangers players were present.

B.H.F.C
02-11-2020, 05:37 PM
Looks like there may be more to this. Seemingly it was Scott Arfield's birthday party and countless Rangers players were present.

Saw that was all over Twitter but would be a bit strange that only two of them have been pulled up, if the case.

Keith_M
02-11-2020, 05:43 PM

I would love that to be true, and all The Rangers players present told to go into isolation for 14 days, but it'll probably just be some Celtc Fans at the wind-up.

macca70
02-11-2020, 07:31 PM
Saw that was all over Twitter but would be a bit strange that only two of them have been pulled up, if the case.

Easy to make an example of the 2 non 1st team regulars, not a chance they would be so forthcoming and public with their approach had it been 1st team regulars eg Tavernier.

They are playing a blinder here to have everyone think they are dealing with this in a pro active way to ensure a more lenient approach is taken on them should they be guilty of future breaches.

They must have had other breaches that the club are aware of that they haven’t been so vocal about. Every club will have had situations they are aware of but maybe not made public.

JimBHibees
03-11-2020, 05:53 AM
Jordan Jones seems determined to ruin his chance at Ibrox.

Yep also misses three Northern Ireland games seems very self defeating behaviour

davy67 +
03-11-2020, 07:01 AM
I don't suppose they'll be the last players to break the rules regarding covid

Keith_M
03-11-2020, 09:28 AM
I don't suppose they'll be the last players to break the rules regarding covid

Don't worry, I'm currently sifting through every available photo from Sunday's illegal rave in Newton Mearns.

I'm sure I'll be able to find some of their 1st team players in their somewhere (did I mention I have Photoshop?)

Steve20
03-11-2020, 09:47 AM
I see people already jumping on about forfeiting games etc? Celtic fans too, forgetting that they and Aberdeen got away with their own rule breaking earlier on.

They've correctly suspended the players. They should be fined the maximum and the same if any other players were involved. I'd assume the media will pick up on it if there's been more players involved, certainly the Celtic side of the media would be all over it.

CMurdoch
03-11-2020, 11:05 AM
I think Gerrard and Rangers have the bit between their teeth this season to stop 10 in a row and won't let up until it's done.
Jones and Edmundson punishments will serve as a reminder to the rest not to break Covid restrictions.

Jones won't be tolerated given previous indiscretions and will be weeched in the next transfer window.

I'm Spartacus
03-11-2020, 12:24 PM
Anybody else heard they breached the guidance by going to Scott Arfields birthday party?

Keith_M
03-11-2020, 03:20 PM
Former (The) Rangers player Florian Kamberi has tested positive for Covid.

Apparently he played at the weekend and his new club cancelled Monday's training.

ancient hibee
03-11-2020, 04:58 PM
Anybody else heard they breached the guidance by going to Scott Arfields birthday party?

If they had he would be suspended as well.

HoboHarry
03-11-2020, 05:08 PM
Or they are keeping it quiet and have two squad player scapegoats. Which is where I would be putting my money....

I'm Spartacus
03-11-2020, 07:32 PM

I think he held a party at his house which is why he's not involved, they've gone to his house, 32 people were invited.

DH1875
03-11-2020, 08:00 PM
I think he held a party at his house which is why he's not involved, they've gone to his house, 32 people were invited.

So does no one else in the squad like him. Can't believe it's true. Imagine the outrage that would come their way if it is revealed they've done a cover up.

EI255
03-11-2020, 08:12 PM
Oops. Bet they weren't expecting this one! Here's hoping this is the start of their demise.

ancient hibee
03-11-2020, 09:26 PM
Or they are keeping it quiet and have two squad player scapegoats. Which is where I would be putting my money....

This all happened after a police raid and people have been fined.Rangers jumped in with the suspensions before the news broke.If there were other players involved it would be all over the press.

hibee-boys
03-11-2020, 09:45 PM

Surely he’d get the same treatment for hosting 32 people at his house, as guilty as the people who turned up if you ask me.

CMurdoch
03-11-2020, 09:47 PM

I think this is wishful thinking by Celtic fans

kaimendhibs
04-11-2020, 09:51 AM
I think this is wishful thinking by Celtic fansNeither will ever play for that club again

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

chookyembra
04-11-2020, 10:26 AM
This all happened after a police raid and people have been fined.Rangers jumped in with the suspensions before the news broke.If there were other players involved it would be all over the press.
It is the main stream Scottish media you’re talking about so it wouldn’t be all over the press, Sevco manage to control a lot of what is printed and what isn’t - Morelos being sold for ££MM’s being a good example and all the ***** about Craig White and the non ***** about the career crook King as well. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if there was more than those two there.

Magpie
19-11-2020, 02:04 PM
Both players receive a 7 game ban by the Scottish FA.

Northernhibee
19-11-2020, 02:08 PM
Aberdeen should have been similarly hammered for their players stupidity too. Instead they get games rearranged so they can still play them.

wookie70
19-11-2020, 04:14 PM
Both players receive a 7 game ban by the Scottish FA. To me that is an appropriate punishment. Why then were the other players from Aberdeen and Celtic, who could have been punished to stop others, let off. We played without a key player against the Dons and he didn't have Covid or break protocols. The way disciplinary issues are overseen by the governing body is a complete joke and I bet if these two had been first team regulars there wouldn't have been a ban

Biggie
19-11-2020, 09:46 PM
To me that is an appropriate punishment. Why then were the other players from Aberdeen and Celtic, who could have been punished to stop others, let off. We played without a key player against the Dons and he didn't have Covid or break protocols. The way disciplinary issues are overseen by the governing body is a complete joke and I bet if these two had been first team regulars there wouldn't have been a ban

100%