PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen on Friday

H18 SFR
02-11-2020, 08:31 AM
New week, new start, clean slate (semi-final free thread), back to league business and arguably the biggest league game of the season so far.

No time for moping around, who is in your starting line-up?

jeffers
02-11-2020, 08:36 AM
New week, new start, clean slate (semi-final free thread), back to league business and arguably the biggest league game of the season so far.

I really don’t expect many changes from Saturday, I don’t think we have enough quality in reserve to allow that. I’d play Magennis in the middle and Murphy for Doidge and go with that.

danhibees1875
02-11-2020, 08:37 AM
Chance to go temporarily 2nd in the league, but more importantly redeem the points lost to Aberdeen earlier and kickstart our challenge for 3rd.

Is Doig injured? He took a sore one before being subbed off but commentators suggested he had just tired. Whoever is fit between him, Lewis, and Mackie at LB.

I'd be tempted to rest/drop Boyle and have him as an impact player - 50/50 between him and Murphy.

Otherwise, I'd keep pretty much the same team/shape as Saturday.

andy1875
02-11-2020, 08:38 AM
Same team as Saturday but would swap Murphy for Boyle.

Boyle is a great wee player but he hasn't been on form for weeks.

Time for a wee change.

CallumLaidlaw
02-11-2020, 08:40 AM
I really don’t expect many changes from Saturday, I don’t think we have enough quality in reserve to allow that. I’d play Magennis in the middle and Murphy for Doidge and go with that.

Doidge that played well on Saturday, scored and nearly scored a cracking overhead kick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jones28
02-11-2020, 08:44 AM
Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon Mackie
Gogic
Wright Newall McGinnis Murphy
Nisbet

We need the bodies in midfield to cope with Aberdeen. Gogs to play a deeper role and have the other 2 further forward; Doidge misses out, with the chance to bring him on depending on how the game goes, but the midfield is a must win battle. I though Mackie looked comfortable on Saturday when he came on, so he starts over Doig for me; Doig could come on and play wide left if Murphy starts to tire.

jeffers
02-11-2020, 08:46 AM
Doidge that played well on Saturday, scored and nearly scored a cracking overhead kick?

No Doidge who aside from the goal and overhead kick contributed very little other than his revered “work rate”, won very little in the air, should have played in Boyle with a simple pass and looked like he was running through treacle for a lot of the game. You think he played well, I thought he was poor.

Unless we beef up our midfield on Friday I expect Aberdeen to dominate us there yet again. It means sacrificing a forward and it wouldn’t be the better all round striker Nisbet who I’d sacrifice.

H18 SFR
02-11-2020, 08:59 AM
It is an interesting one re making changes Vs pretty much the same team to see if they are highly motivated to put in an improved performance.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the same team with the exceptions of Murphy in for Magennis and possibly a change at left back/wing-back.

Lago
02-11-2020, 09:05 AM
Whatever the team they better be up for a physical battle.

B.H.F.C
02-11-2020, 09:17 AM
I can’t see there being too many changes but I think we need to freshen it up, particularly in the forward areas. We’ve not been scoring enough goals recently.

Extra body in midfield (maybe just play Magennis centrally).

I’ve been unimpressed by Wright so far but would give him a game in his actual position instead of Boyle. Murphy on the other side.

h1bs4life
02-11-2020, 09:29 AM
Was absolutely raging after Derby no going back , ram the Aberdeen game etc
https://ppv.afc.co.uk/register
Signed up for it , looks like it will be £12.50 ( that's what they changed for Killie game )
Wasn't going back after 2006 , bought my season ticket week after.
Was going back after Livingston cup final , bought a season ticket .
GGTTH

h1bs4life
02-11-2020, 09:33 AM
Went and checked there ppv site again. Charging £12.99

dastardly8
02-11-2020, 09:34 AM

Another place we bottle it , can’t see anything but a defeat , Aberdeen will use the usual strong arm tactics and we can’t match it

Hermit Crab
02-11-2020, 10:00 AM
Another place we bottle it , can’t see anything but a defeat , Aberdeen will use the usual strong arm tactics and we can’t match it

Our record up there is absolutely abysmal. Last game up there we were 0-1 up and cruising. Whittaker red card and then we totally collapse conceding 3 goals in 17 minutes. I don't think we've won there in the league since 2012.

Brightside
02-11-2020, 10:15 AM
I'm expecting to see a move to 4231 at some point. Not sure if we will do it here.

calumhibee1
02-11-2020, 10:17 AM
Rocky

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon
Whatever fit LB we have

Newell
Gogic
Magennis

Murphy
Doidge
Nesbit

Partyraiser
02-11-2020, 10:19 AM
Given the amount of defensive headers Doidge wins in his own box from set pieces, and the way Aberdeen play, I don't think we can afford to drop the big man for this one. Id bring Murphy in for Boyle and move Magennis out right and take it from there

Keith_M
02-11-2020, 10:54 AM
It's going to be a battle and Aberdeen will be desperate to make up for losing at the weekend as well.

I'd be extremely surprised if we win.

Sir David Gray
02-11-2020, 11:06 AM
It's going to be a battle and Aberdeen will be desperate to make up for losing at the weekend as well.

I'd be extremely surprised if we win.

Me too unfortunately.

Trips to Pittodrie rarely end well.

Magpie
02-11-2020, 11:09 AM
Wouldn’t be surprised to see one or two red cards on Friday.

Carheenlea
02-11-2020, 11:24 AM
Wouldn’t be surprised to see one or two red cards on Friday.

I’ve not checked the stats, but it feels like we are seeing less red cards with no fans in stadiums?

greenpaper55
02-11-2020, 11:46 AM
Interesting to see if we turn up on Saturday, to often we go up there and never even give them a game. I find that attitude worse than getting beaten by the likes of Hearts as going up there and playing well is a better indicator of where we are as a team than a one off game.

Billy Whizz
02-11-2020, 11:54 AM
Interesting to see if we turn up on Saturday, to often we go up there and never even give them a game. I find that attitude worse than getting beaten by the likes of Hearts as going up there and playing well is a better indicator of where we are as a team than a one off game.

The last 2 games at Pittodrie we’ve been the best team for large spells of the game
The game before lockdown we were 1-0 up and playing well, until Whittaker got sent off
The 1st game at Pittodrie last season, we should have won comfortably, but that was the day Doidge missed at least 4 great chances

hibee-boys
02-11-2020, 12:37 PM
Perfect game following that defeat, great opportunity to bounce back, a good result and performance up there would lift spirits and show some intent. A flat performance and defeat could seriously impact on confidence.

hibee-boys
02-11-2020, 12:40 PM

I can guarantee you that the team won’t turn up on Saturday.

HH81
02-11-2020, 12:40 PM
It would be Hibs all over to go up there and win.

I fancy it.

Magpie
02-11-2020, 01:04 PM
I’ve not checked the stats, but it feels like we are seeing less red cards with no fans in stadiums?

You are probably right. Our last red card was Whittaker at Aberdeen just before lockdown. I think Friday will be quite an aggressive game though.

Magpie
02-11-2020, 01:05 PM
It would be Hibs all over to go up there and win.

I fancy it.

I hope so or this place will go into further meltdown.

Greenbeard
02-11-2020, 01:15 PM
You are probably right. Our last red card was Whittaker at Aberdeen just before lockdown. I think Friday will be quite an aggressive game though.
If it is going to be very physical I can see Mackie starting in place of Doig. Contrasting physiques looking at them on Saturday. Doig looked young, skinny, drookit and tired when he came off to be replaced by a bulked up snorting bull in Mackie. If I was a sheep I know who I'd rather be taking on.
Also agree Murphy to start instead of Boyle.

danhibees1875
02-11-2020, 01:16 PM
I can guarantee you that the team won’t turn up on Saturday.

If we have to forfeit the game because we showed up on Sunday I'll be absolutely furious.

Magpie
02-11-2020, 01:29 PM
If it is going to be very physical I can see Mackie starting in place of Doig. Contrasting physiques looking at them on Saturday. Doig looked young, skinny, drookit and tired when he came off to be replaced by a bulked up snorting bull in Mackie. If I was a sheep I know who I'd rather be taking on.

Mackie looks a lot bigger than he was last year. I agree, think his strength will be needed over Doig.

Onceinawhile
02-11-2020, 03:55 PM
Murphy in for Magennis.

No other changes. Boyle on his last chance before some bench time though.

superfurryhibby
02-11-2020, 04:13 PM
Mackie looks a lot bigger than he was last year. I agree, think his strength will be needed over Doig.

He's filled out tremendously. Now or never time for him at Hibs. Hope he starts on Friday.

EI255
02-11-2020, 05:27 PM
Is this on AFC TV only?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
02-11-2020, 05:45 PM
Is this on AFC TV only?

It will be available through their equivalent of Hibspass.

Ronniekirk
02-11-2020, 06:04 PM

Murphy probably not ready to play 90 minutes so bring him on with 30 minutes to go No sense in rushing him and he breaks down again

B.H.F.C
02-11-2020, 06:07 PM
Murphy probably not ready to play 90 minutes so bring him on with 30 minutes to go No sense in rushing him and he breaks down again

He played 60 on Saturday. On a heavy pitch. We need to get him in the team IMO.

CloudSquall
02-11-2020, 06:15 PM
I'd bet my life savings on a standard McInnes 1- 0 Hibs scoreline.

Scotty Leither
02-11-2020, 07:41 PM
My team:

Barnes

McGinn Porteous Hanlon Stevenson if fit, if not him, Mackie

Mageniss Gogic Newell Murphy

Nisbet

Doidge

4-4-1-1 or 3-5-2.

0-1 for Hibs with Nisbet scoring in a game punctuated with a flurry of cards.

Let's see us stand up to them and match up physically for once, and shut that whinger McInnes up.

MWHIBBIES
02-11-2020, 07:43 PM
My team:

Barnes

Nisbet

Doidge

4-4-1-1 or 3-5-2.

Let's see us stand up to them and match up physically for once, and shut that whinger McInnes up.

Is Rocky injured?

Callum_62
02-11-2020, 08:23 PM
My team:

Barnes

Nisbet

Doidge

4-4-1-1 or 3-5-2.

Let's see us stand up to them and match up physically for once, and shut that whinger McInnes up.I was with you all the way up to "Barnes"

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

eastterrace
02-11-2020, 09:03 PM
Is Rocky injured?naw he is just crap

CMurdoch
02-11-2020, 09:09 PM
They have big strong athletic players.
That should dictate our team selection.

That means,

Rocky, McGinn, Porteous, Hanlon, Gogic, Newell, *Doidge and Nisbet

Left back - Stevenson if fit, if not the powerful Mackie should be the pick.
Boyle should play. Not playing his best but he is fit.

*Doidge is required for his strength and height at both ends of the pitch and his work rate. I don't really get why anyone wouldn't want him to play but I note that some folk on here including Jeffers have their doubts. He is poor at one on ones with the keeper or where he has time to think but he is a fox in the box and Nisbet benefits massively from his presence.

Then you have to choose one to play out of:
Magennis who has been out a long time and as a result has shown very little to date. Good player but well of it at the moment
Murphy, good to see him on Saturday but should only play against Aberdeen if fully fit. No point in taking a big risk, breaking him and losing him for months. He's too important for our season.
Mallan, hasn't played much football, is small and slight and couldnae tackle a fish supper
Wright, has been out for a few weeks and had a couple of very poor games before that. However, he has a lot of upper body strength and i might be inclined to play him for that reason

All things considered my final place goes to Murphy if fully fit. If not I would go for the strength and power of Wright.

CMurdoch
02-11-2020, 09:14 PM
naw he is just crap

Careful what you wish for.
I wouldn't fancy Barnes against Aberdeen at all.

JimBHibees
02-11-2020, 09:25 PM
naw he is just crap

Since when, an excellent goalie.

eastterrace
02-11-2020, 09:39 PM
Since when, an excellent goalie.okay maybe I’ve been a tad harsh. He is the best we’ve had for a long time ( not had much to beat ) but he still isn’t a good goalie. Poor at coming for cross balls and so laid back and his distribution is terrible, but that’s why he is at a club like hibs and not at a higher level.

#2 Double Tap
02-11-2020, 10:22 PM
okay maybe I’ve been a tad harsh. He is the best we’ve had for a long time ( not had much to beat ) but he still isn’t a good goalie. Poor at coming for cross balls and so laid back and his distribution is terrible, but that’s why he is at a club like hibs and not at a higher level.

and on another thread some guys saying it was the people who wanted rid of jack ross who were the lunatics, haha, barnes over rocky, that is almost as mental as all those defensive minded formations that have been posted in this one.:greengrin

HendoDelivered
02-11-2020, 10:37 PM
Marciano

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon

Wright
Mallan
Gogic
Newell
Murphy

Doidge
Nisbet

Can’t see us winning anyway.

SteveHFC
02-11-2020, 11:54 PM
Marciano

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon

Wright
Mallan
Gogic
Newell
Murphy

Doidge
Nisbet

This.

Dr_Regal
03-11-2020, 12:52 AM
-------------Marciano------------
--------Magennis-Gogic---------
Boyle------- Newell------Murphy
--------------Doidge--------------

I dont really want to drop Nisbet, but maybe a wee rest/impact sub role on Friday. Time for a break of the 4-4-2.

JammyDoidger
03-11-2020, 04:32 AM
Our best team will always have doidge and nisbet upfront. Really feel for nisbet though, what mental strength he must have to have played on Saturday. Leave the decision up to him wether he wants to play or not. Maybe a wee week off might be needed.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2020, 04:36 AM
okay maybe I’ve been a tad harsh. He is the best we’ve had for a long time ( not had much to beat ) but he still isn’t a good goalie. Poor at coming for cross balls and so laid back and his distribution is terrible, but that’s why he is at a club like hibs and not at a higher level.

He is unquestionably a good goalie. That's why he's at a club like Hibs and not a pub team. Excellent shotstopper, more than good enough for Hibs.

JimBHibees
03-11-2020, 06:01 AM
Our best team will always have doidge and nisbet upfront. Really feel for nisbet though, what mental strength he must have to have played on Saturday. Leave the decision up to him wether he wants to play or not. Maybe a wee week off might be needed.

More than likely get a break during international break coming up

Greenbeard
03-11-2020, 07:03 AM
Careful what you wish for.
I wouldn't fancy Barnes against Aberdeen at all.
Good explanation of your earlier suggested selections to suit the opposition but I don't get why Barnes would be any less suitable against Aberdeen compared to any other team.
Just asking. I have zilch knowledge of his strengths/weaknesses compared to Rocky.

danhibees1875
03-11-2020, 07:09 AM

I dont really want to drop Nisbet, but maybe a wee rest/impact sub role on Friday. Time for a break of the 4-4-2.

That also looks like a reasonable team. :agree:

Brightside
03-11-2020, 07:32 AM
Marciano

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon

Wright
Mallan
Gogic
Newell
Murphy

Doidge
Nisbet

Not bothering with Wingbacks then?

Brightside
03-11-2020, 07:38 AM
I would change to a 4231 - just based on teh fact that we are getting very little from our wide players at the moment. Boyle might actually be better inside where he has to be on the ball.

Rocky

Mcginn Porto Hanlon Doig

Gogic Newall

Boyle Mcginnis Nisbet

Doidge.

The supporting 3 have freedom to change.

For context Aberdeen have been playing a 3412 formation in the majority of their games. So we will probably stick with the 352!!

Jones28
03-11-2020, 07:48 AM
I would change to a 4231 - just based on teh fact that we are getting very little from our wide players at the moment. Boyle might actually be better inside where he has to be on the ball.

Rocky

Mcginn Porto Hanlon Doig

Gogic Newall

Boyle Mcginnis Nisbet

Doidge.

The supporting 3 have freedom to change.

Boyle needs to up his game. If it's confidence related then fine but his performances have been consistently below par for a while now. I don't know if moving him infield is the best call though, he needs to be in a position where he can utilise his pace.

neil7908
03-11-2020, 07:50 AM
I'd like to see us go 433. I'm not sure the 2 strikers are really clicking (we certainly haven't been scoring lot recently).

Not sure who is fit right now to start but my team would be:

Marciano

McGinn Porto Hanlon Stevenson/Mackie

Magennis Gogic Newell

Boyle Nisbet/Doidge Murphy

jacomo
03-11-2020, 07:51 AM
Same team as Saturday but would swap Murphy for Boyle.

Boyle is a great wee player but he hasn't been on form for weeks.

Time for a wee change.

Boyle was marked closely by Hearts yet still delivered a number of crosses that should have led to goals on Saturday. Far from our worst performer imo.

HendoDelivered
03-11-2020, 07:56 AM
Not bothering with Wingbacks then?

Wright likes to help out defend and Murphy can do the same if asked Im quite sure

hibee-boys
03-11-2020, 08:04 AM
Wright likes to help out defend and Murphy can do the same if asked Im quite sure

Can’t see Murphy being deployed as a wing-back anytime soon. I think he would be good as a number 10 or left side of a front 3. He’s got the skills and technique to create opportunities, just not convinced he’s got the pace to be an outright winger.

Bangkok Hibby
03-11-2020, 08:05 AM
He is unquestionably a good goalie. That's why he's at a club like Hibs and not a pub team. Excellent shotstopper, more than good enough for Hibs.

Is it? Does the odd point blank wonder save every few games make up for his lack of authority in the box and his poor distribution? Gives me the fear at nearly every corner with his determination to stay on his line, or if he comes out it's more often than not a punch than a catch. Not saying he should be binned but his failings are evident and I wouldn't disagree with anyone who pointed them out on here.

jeffers
03-11-2020, 08:16 AM
Is it? Does the odd point blank wonder save every few games make up for his lack of authority in the box and his poor distribution? Gives me the fear at nearly every corner with his determination to stay on his line, or if he comes out it's more often than not a punch than a catch. Not saying he should be binned but his failings are evident and I wouldn't disagree with anyone who pointed them out on here.

I’d far rather have Marciano over Barnes, or the keeper we had on loan last season or many of the other crap I’ve watched in goals for Hibs over the years. He’s not perfect, no one in our squad is.

flash
03-11-2020, 08:18 AM

He has been excellent recently so not sure what has prompted this sort of post.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2020, 08:34 AM
He's the best keeper here and one of the best we've had in 30 years. The odd bad kick is worth it for his massive quality. He is fine at corners. We have defended them well all season.

If we had a midfielder that could take it from the back 4 he'd see the ball far, far less.

Bangkok Hibby
03-11-2020, 08:37 AM
He has been excellent recently so not sure what has prompted this sort of post.

Opinions eh? I was just giving mine on a subject which has come up in this thread. We'll never all agree on the merits of every player...Hanlon, Mallan, Doidge spring to mind recently.

tamig
03-11-2020, 08:41 AM
Rocky

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon
Whatever fit LB we have

Newell
Gogic
Magennis

Murphy
Doidge
Nesbit

Sorry just catching up. But its Nisbet FFS. Just bugs me and no need for it.

tamig
03-11-2020, 08:50 AM
Good explanation of your earlier suggested selections to suit the opposition but I don't get why Barnes would be any less suitable against Aberdeen compared to any other team.
Just asking. I have zilch knowledge of his strengths/weaknesses compared to Rocky.

He’s not looked very impressive in any of the League Cup games I’ve seen him play.

tamig
03-11-2020, 08:55 AM
Boyle was marked closely by Hearts yet still delivered a number of crosses that should have led to goals on Saturday. Far from our worst performer imo.

He was poor apart from the couple of good crosses you mention. He seemed reluctant to take any of them on on Saturday. He was one on one with that Popescu guy wide right and never took him on. That was a guy with Colin Murdoch-esque pace. His decision making on final balls was also very poor. He had a bad game.

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 08:56 AM
Any news on Stevenson or Doig? Mackie is not good enough.

I would also start Gullan for Boyle and Murphy for Nisbet.

Since452
03-11-2020, 09:51 AM
Not looking forward to this one bit. Scunnered after Saturday

Greenbeard
03-11-2020, 10:48 AM
I bet there is an easy way to remember how to spell it.

GreenCastle
04-11-2020, 09:36 AM
Our record against Aberdeen is something we really need to improve.

Looked at previous meetings against the Dons and looks like the team we have struggled with the most.

I know there is a separate thread on big games and Jack Ross but we really need to start winning important games. We drew 2-2 with Rangers but last noticeable win was probably December last year away to Hearts. All other games you would expect him. If we are to go next level he needs to beat Aberdeen and Hearts more often.

danhibees1875
04-11-2020, 11:15 AM
I bet there is an easy way to remember how to spell it.

e bit of common sense is all that's required. :greengrin

CMurdoch
04-11-2020, 03:09 PM
e bit of common sense is all that's required. :greengrin

Yeah, and folk should stop using the work seen instead of saw in their posts. It's just wrong :greengrin.

Peevemor
04-11-2020, 03:14 PM
Yeah, and folk should stop using the work seen instead of saw in their posts. It's just wrong :greengrin.

The word work instead of word doesn't work either! :greengrin

JXM73
04-11-2020, 03:17 PM

It's

Wilson
04-11-2020, 03:20 PM
It's

Nit'sbet.

Peevemor
04-11-2020, 03:21 PM
Nit'sbet.

That words for me.

Greenbeard
04-11-2020, 04:35 PM
That words for me.
Me two.
And can I put in a plea against the incorrect use of apostrophes' in plurals', including to the auto-correct people at Apple. Sort it Apple pleas'.

tamig
04-11-2020, 06:10 PM
It's

That’s actually debatable nowadays. Either is correct.

Peevemor
04-11-2020, 06:15 PM
That’s actually debatable nowadays. Either is correct.I thought the debate was in terms of possession (it's lost its apostrophe) but not in abbreviation, eg. it has or it is.

Greenbeard
04-11-2020, 06:26 PM
I thought the debate was in terms of possession (it's lost its apostrophe) but not in abbreviation, eg. it has or it is.

Your correct their.

Robbo6-2
04-11-2020, 07:07 PM
3 5 2

Marciano

McGinn
Hanlon
Porteous

Wright
Doig
Newell
Gogic
Magennis

Nisbet
Boyle

Peevemor
04-11-2020, 07:10 PM
3 5 2

Marciano

McGinn
Hanlon
Porteous

Wright
Doig
Newell
Gogic
Magennis

Nisbet
BoyleWTF does that have to do with punctuation?

Viva_Palmeiras
04-11-2020, 07:56 PM
It's

Monty Python’s Flying Circus...

DTS
05-11-2020, 12:17 PM
Marciano
McGinn porto Hanlon
Wright Magennis gogic newell mackie
Nisbet doidge

Boyle for me should be taken out the team he isn’t performing and it might just be a little bit of a kick up that’s needed he is also a great option off the bench. I think Murphy should be a starter but probably not in this game. I think this XI matches us up well physically and gives us good options off the bench with players like Murphy Mallan Boyle Gullan Doig

Leitherhibs
05-11-2020, 12:50 PM
Ofir

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon

Boyle
Magennis
Goga
Newell
Doig

Doidge
Nisbet

ahibby
05-11-2020, 01:36 PM
I'm in a strange place in that I don't feel any trepidation about tomorrow. I usually feel a sense of woe going in to a match which we might not win, but today the overriding factor for me is the bounce which could happen coming off a derby defeat. I trust this team and setup to come in to the next game after a derby defeat on fire with a single mindedness to win, a no nonsense approach. I think Boyle should be dropped considering the number of times lately he has only gone through the motions, however his crosses in the derby deserved better finishing and so for me he should start tomorrow, and provide more of the same. Everyone involved in the derby should be involved again tomorrow to ensure the same level of fire and determination, throughout the team. If I don't see that single mindedness and fire then I'll be concerned about our pool and backroom, but maybe that's just me. I can sometimes be over optimistic and be blind to a trend but I can also feel outcomes before they happen at times, and I don't fear tomorrow at all.

Saint Hibee
05-11-2020, 03:48 PM
Will there be an option for Hibs commentary on Dons PPV? Not sure I can face the bleating of the sheep for 90 minutes.

04Sauzee
05-11-2020, 03:52 PM
Read somewhere that Watkins is out for 10 weeks for Aberdeen

stantonhibby
05-11-2020, 03:52 PM

Hayes injured too

Not In The Know
05-11-2020, 03:55 PM
I'm in a strange place in that I don't feel any trepidation about tomorrow. I usually feel a sense of woe going in to a match which we might not win, but today the overriding factor for me is the bounce which could happen coming off a derby defeat. I trust this team and setup to come in to the next game after a derby defeat on fire with a single mindedness to win, a no nonsense approach. I think Boyle should be dropped considering the number of times lately he has only gone through the motions, however his crosses in the derby deserved better finishing and so for me he should start tomorrow, and provide more of the same. Everyone involved in the derby should be involved again tomorrow to ensure the same level of fire and determination, throughout the team. If I don't see that single mindedness and fire then I'll be concerned about our pool and backroom, but maybe that's just me. I can sometimes be over optimistic and be blind to a trend but I can also feel outcomes before they happen at times, and I don't fear tomorrow at all.

Aberdeen are boring as ****. It will be a slog but as long as we win I dont care.

Sir David Gray
05-11-2020, 03:56 PM
Will there be an option for Hibs commentary on Dons PPV? Not sure I can face the bleating of the sheep for 90 minutes.

All of the previous offerings have had that option so sure this will be the same.

tamig
05-11-2020, 04:41 PM
All of the previous offerings have had that option so sure this will be the same.

Last few games I’ve just stuck with the home commentary. The Killie guys weren’t the best 🙂

CMurdoch
05-11-2020, 04:51 PM

His loan is up in January so has played his last game for Aberdeen. Fortunately for them Cosgrove is fit again.

h1bs4life
05-11-2020, 04:54 PM

Should be, paid £12.99 for the game about an hour ago and it took me to the away video section.

Sir David Gray
05-11-2020, 05:59 PM
Last few games I’ve just stuck with the home commentary. The Killie guys weren’t the best 🙂

The St Mirren one was very good.

Really struggle with the Hibs commentary at times.

Mikey_1875
05-11-2020, 06:12 PM
Goes without saying that we will be in for a very tough match. Think Aberdeen as a team have evolved this season and don’t buy into the hammer throwers tag that was certainly justified in previous seasons. Even at ER when it was 1-0 I did not agree with a lot of the ‘typical Aberdeen’ comments that were thrown around. They have some good talent in there team, can press well and move the ball around fairly quickly.

Last time out we lost the midfield and they will probably try the same again as Ferguson and McCrorie have a good blend of steel and ability to cause problems. Hopefully having Gogic in this time will help to nullify that but this will be where the game is won and lost imo.

Vault Boy
05-11-2020, 06:31 PM

They seem to have been rather struck by injuries this season. Cosgrove, Watkins, McGeouch, Main, Hayes, and Edmondson all out for decent stretches at various points.

CMurdoch
05-11-2020, 06:57 PM
They seem to have been rather struck by injuries this season. Cosgrove, Watkins, McGeouch, Main, Hayes, and Edmondson all out for decent stretches at various points.

Fortunately for them they have the squad to cover it.
We would have been screwed.

Carheenlea
05-11-2020, 07:16 PM
The St Mirren one was very good.

Really struggle with the Hibs commentary at times.

Must admit I really enjoy Cliff’s commentary (even his regular cliches - “...high, wide and mighty” etc :greengrin)

Curious to know what it is about the Hibs TV commentary you’re not keen on?

Sir David Gray
05-11-2020, 07:28 PM
Must admit I really enjoy Cliff’s commentary (even his regular cliches - “...high, wide and mighty” etc :greengrin)

I think the sound quality of the commentary has been really poor for a lot of the games so far so it is more that rather than anything to do with the commentary itself although I must I'm not a great fan of clichéd commentary.

zitelli62
05-11-2020, 07:54 PM
I think the sound quality of the commentary has been really poor for a lot of the games so far so it is more that rather than anything to do with the commentary itself although I must I'm not a great fan of clichéd commentary.

Better not watch sky or bt then when it comes to Scottish football.

Greenbeard
05-11-2020, 08:06 PM

Tam needs to force feed Cliff a couple of cans of Red Bull before KO.
Also, broken record here, but his commentary just doesn't work on audio only.

Greenbeard
05-11-2020, 10:00 PM
Any news on Stevenson or Doig? Mackie is not good enough.

I would also start Gullan for Boyle and Murphy for Nisbet.
Lewis out for a month to six weeks per JR's presser. Allan long term. Other than that all ok.

The 90+2
05-11-2020, 11:02 PM
Lewis out for a month to six weeks per JR's presser. Allan long term. Other than that all ok.

Thanks mate 👍

Brightside
06-11-2020, 06:52 AM
Hayes and Watkins are out for Aberdeen. Still very strong.

Heisenberg
06-11-2020, 07:16 AM
Hayes and Watkins are out for Aberdeen. Still very strong.

The depth they’ve got in their squad is ridiculous in comparison to ours.

Hibernian Verse
06-11-2020, 07:44 AM
Really looking forward to this one now. It's a huge opportunity for the players to stand up for themselves after Saturday and prove they have what it takes to finish 3rd this season (and keep pressure on Lennon). I'd probably settle for a point given our recent record at Pittodrie but I'm feeling quite good about our chances of a win.

Stuart93
06-11-2020, 09:10 AM
I canny get myself up for this one.

Not really arsed about it or hibs in general just now.

Sad

Since452
06-11-2020, 09:15 AM
Would be typical if we went and won tonight. Would probably just annoy me more to be honest

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-11-2020, 09:35 AM
I’m not watching this tonight.

Will be another scrappy affair no doubt with Aberdeen’s usual rotational fouling and then the sucker punch goal.

Hope to god I’m completely wrong and we get a result.

Wilson
06-11-2020, 09:36 AM
Would be typical if we went and won tonight. Would probably just annoy me more to be honest

Nothing typical about it. Given our record against them a win at Pittodrie seems unlikely
so to secure one would be a very welcome result.

In the context of competing for third and showing our ability to get a result in a crunch game it would be massive. Anyone still moping about Saturday in those circumstances would really need to get a grip.

scoopyboy
06-11-2020, 09:38 AM

Hope you are annoyed then.

You're a long time deid so just enjoy Hibs while you can, that is my philosophy.

Diclonius
06-11-2020, 09:39 AM
It will be the usual utterly boring and soulless 0-1. At least the home crowd will be a bit louder than usual.

ekhibee
06-11-2020, 09:49 AM
Goes without saying that we will be in for a very tough match. Think Aberdeen as a team have evolved this season and don’t buy into the hammer throwers tag that was certainly justified in previous seasons. Even at ER when it was 1-0 I did not agree with a lot of the ‘typical Aberdeen’ comments that were thrown around. They have some good talent in there team, can press well and move the ball around fairly quickly.

Last time out we lost the midfield and they will probably try the same again as Ferguson and McCrorie have a good blend of steel and ability to cause problems. Hopefully having Gogic in this time will help to nullify that but this will be where the game is won and lost imo.

I know what you mean, I think McCrorie is a good player but IMO Ferguson is dirty and gets away with quite a lot.

Unseen work
06-11-2020, 09:55 AM
I’m not normally confident going into these sort of games but I think we’ll win.

2-0
Boyle and Porteous

superfurryhibby
06-11-2020, 10:13 AM
I'm wondering where the prediction league thread is for this one. I predicted 2-1 for Hibs at Hampden. Was double gutted when Nisbet missed as the Greenfly dude had predicted a different score. That would sent me to joint top of the class :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-11-2020, 10:16 AM
I know what you mean, I think McCrorie is a good player but IMO Ferguson is dirty and gets away with quite a lot.

Ferguson seems to be their "new" Shinnie. If you get a tagged as combative , you can leave your foot in and foul consistently for 90 minutes on the rationale that it is a contact sport. Priceless asset if you can get one in your team. Bartley used to get booked for having his name read out too loudly by the stadium announcer.

EI255
06-11-2020, 10:21 AM
Wish Aberdeen would come clean about these 'test events' to allow fans in.

They want money. Simple.

superfurryhibby
06-11-2020, 10:22 AM
It will be the usual utterly boring and soulless 0-1. At least the home crowd will be a bit louder than usual.

Enough of that talk, where's the prediction League thread :wink:

Peevemor
06-11-2020, 10:22 AM

They want money. Simple.

Given that it'll probably be ST holders (who have already paid), it''ll cost them money (stewards, etc.)

Billy Whizz
06-11-2020, 11:03 AM
Is it’s 7.45pm ko tonight?
For some reason I thought it was 7pm!

Magpie
06-11-2020, 11:07 AM
My heart says 1-0 Hibs, my head says 1-0 Aberdeen.

jacomo
06-11-2020, 11:19 AM

Good team.

I think nisbet could play wide if Murphy isn’t fit. Gullan too. Otherwise nisbet on for Doidge after an hour or so.

erin go bragh
06-11-2020, 11:24 AM
Hope you are annoyed then.

You're a long time deid so just enjoy Hibs while you can, that is my philosophy.

That’s it,in a nutshell Scoops. Could you imagine this place during the 80s 😉😁
We’re certainly due a win up there . 2012 since the last one 👀
Would love us to turn them over . Cmon Hibs

erin go bragh
06-11-2020, 11:25 AM
Is it’s 7.45pm ko tonight?
For some reason I thought it was 7pm!

Yes Billy it’s a 19.45 ko 👍🇳🇬

Billy Whizz
06-11-2020, 11:27 AM
Yes Billy it’s a 19.45 ko 👍🇳🇬

Thanks, for some reason I had 7pm in my head

flash
06-11-2020, 12:09 PM

Hopefully you are raging then.

.Sean.
06-11-2020, 12:45 PM
Anyone else really struggling to get up for the game tonight or is it just me? I’d forgotten we were even playing tonight until this morning.

easty
06-11-2020, 12:54 PM
Anyone else really struggling to get up for the game tonight or is it just me? I’d forgotten we were even playing tonight until this morning.

I’d have far preferred a home game against Hamilton or St Mirren after the last game.

That said, I’m confident that our squad is good enough to match Aberdeen. They got the breaks at Easter Road, but didn’t deserve to beat us. I know that’s a familiar script for us, but we’re a good side.

tamig
06-11-2020, 01:04 PM

I'll probably annoy a few folk with this but I think Cliff's commentary is very poor. I've only heard the guy this season but just don't think he's up to the job - if we're looking to put on a professional looking production. He constantly misses stuff and gets other things wrong. All very amateurish imo. And that's before you take into consideration that it sounds like he's speaking into his mic behind a multi-layered Covid mask.

When the Hibs feed dropped in the St Mirren away game, I switched to the home feed and have stuck with the home feeds since. The Killie guys were a bit OTT and extremely biased. As SDG says above, the St Mirren guys were excellent - and pretty balanced.

B.H.F.C
06-11-2020, 01:26 PM

Aye, last week has left me lacking enthusiasm for it.

We can go second with a win but even that leaves me feeling a bit indifferent.

Iggy Pope
06-11-2020, 01:35 PM
I'll probably annoy a few folk with this but I think Cliff's commentary is very poor. I've only heard the guy this season but just don't think he's up to the job - if we're looking to put on a professional looking production. He constantly misses stuff and gets other things wrong. All very amateurish imo. And that's before you take into consideration that it sounds like he's speaking into his mic behind a multi-layered Covid mask.

When the Hibs feed dropped in the St Mirren away game, I switched to the home feed and have stuck with the home feeds since. The Killie guys were a bit OTT and extremely biased. As SDG says above, the St Mirren guys were excellent - and pretty balanced.

He is obviously a Hibby but is not great listening to him shoehorn a Yannick Zambernardi reference every week.
St Mirren and Ross Co commentary teams were great and I just about coped with Killie. Dread listening to that lot tonight though.

Sir David Gray
06-11-2020, 01:41 PM

Nah not just you. Last week has really scunnered me to be honest.

I might feel differently by kick off but when we really could be doing with a feel good victory to lift the whole club, a game away at one of our worst bogey grounds doesn't fill me with a lot of optimism.

Here's hoping we're both wrong.

Coco Bryce
06-11-2020, 01:43 PM

I know what you mean. Watching the games on TV without a crowd is dull as dishwater.

Saying that. I think we can sneak a cheeky win tonight.

matty_f
06-11-2020, 01:52 PM
Been looking forward to it since yesterday morning, good wee chance to shift the focus from last weekend.

Stokesy's on fire
06-11-2020, 02:00 PM
Hopefully Rocky has been studying Aberdeen's penalty kicks you can almost guarantee they will get a penalty or maybe even two pens

Ballon d’Oidge
06-11-2020, 02:01 PM
Doidge to shush the haters tonight.

thegaffer12
06-11-2020, 02:04 PM
Hopefully Rocky has been studying Aberdeen's penalty kicks you can almost guarantee they will get a penalty or maybe even two pens

The word "penalty" is giving me PTSD

h1bs4life
06-11-2020, 02:32 PM

Looking forward to it , I have mumped and moaned , had a tantrum, spat out the dummy , no going back etc since Saturday no the 1st time since a big game defeat expect not the last time.
In the past now tonight is another game dust yourself down . Come on the Hibs :flag:

Peevemor
06-11-2020, 02:54 PM
I've just clocked up 100 hours of work over 12 days in a row, and working from home since last Saturday.

That's me now started my weekend and I'm looking forward to watching the match to get my head away from work, American elections and global pandemics.

Bring it on!

tamig
06-11-2020, 02:58 PM
He is obviously a Hibby but is not great listening to him shoehorn a Yannick Zambernardi reference every week.
St Mirren and Ross Co commentary teams were great and I just about coped with Killie. Dread listening to that lot tonight though.

The sheep commentary tonight will be interesting. One thing I didn't realise from the Killie game was that Paul Clarke was Steve's brother. I remember him being a big bruising centre-half. He was a decent summariser but didn't have a lot of good to say about us :greengrin

Dalianwanda
06-11-2020, 02:59 PM
Whys the game on a Friday if its not on telly?

tamig
06-11-2020, 03:02 PM
Doidge to shush the haters tonight.

Who are the Doidge haters?

tamig
06-11-2020, 03:03 PM

Masterstroke to help Scotland ahead of the next set of games.

Brightside
06-11-2020, 03:06 PM
Really looking forward to this. I think it will be a draw. Teams are evenly matched. Main concern in the middle of the pitch esp if they play McRorie in there with Fergusan.

Brightside
06-11-2020, 03:06 PM

Hermit and a hand full of others.

Sir David Gray
06-11-2020, 03:07 PM

All games were supposed to be tonight to give Scottish players time for the play off but Rangers and Celtic have to play on Sunday.

Magpie
06-11-2020, 03:19 PM
All games were supposed to be tonight to give Scottish players time for the play off but Rangers and Celtic have to play on Sunday.

😂

HH81
06-11-2020, 03:19 PM
Got PPV and looking forward to it.

Let's hope Aberdeen is as good as the rest this season. Been some excellent stream quality.

MWHIBBIES
06-11-2020, 03:20 PM

They want money. Simple.

They are quite right to get fans back into the ground if they can. No different from anywhere else being open for customers.

Magpie
06-11-2020, 03:20 PM
Hermit and a hand full of others.

👍🏻

Ballon d’Oidge
06-11-2020, 03:23 PM

Those who tend to slate him on a weekly basis, not just here, but Facebook and Twitter too.

Ronniekirk
06-11-2020, 03:23 PM
I’m not normally confident going into these sort of games but I think we’ll win.

2-0
Boyle and Porteous

Can’t see it but hope your right It’s about time Porto scores with a header and Boyle needs a goal to get his mojo back on the scoring front
Best I can see is a draw

Dalianwanda
06-11-2020, 03:30 PM

Thanks...makes total sense :greengrin

thegaffer12
06-11-2020, 04:02 PM
Can’t see it but hope your right It’s about time Porto scores with a header and Boyle needs a goal to get his mojo back on the scoring front
Best I can see is a draw

I remember this time about 2 years ago when we needed Porteous' goals to help us get a few tricky results. St Mirren and Livi at home come to mind.

Hibby Mike
06-11-2020, 04:54 PM
No matchday thread yet?

Ronniekirk
06-11-2020, 05:48 PM
I remember this time about 2 years ago when we needed Porteous' goals to help us get a few tricky results. St Mirren and Livi at home come to mind.

He did contribute well fir a centre back but don’t think he has scored this season ?