PDA

View Full Version : Bit of perspective

broondog
01-11-2020, 07:43 PM
I really despair coming on here sometimes, people honestly need to get a grip. the only thing I can sympathise with is having a debate about the manager. is he the right man for the job? probably not, as he bottles it time and time again in the big games. time will tell if we made the right decision with him but he is under huge pressure right now no doubt.

what I can't stand is people getting so upset about one game. that's all it is, one game of football lost, it isn't the end of the world for **** sake. yes it's against them and we were outfought and blew another big derby.

but there's a global pandemic going on and much more important things to worry about. add to that there was no fans in the stadium in a cup competition that really shouldn't have been played. I really am indifferent to losing that match and whoever wins the cup, it is tainted anyway. especially when you consider if hearts manage to do it, it's a tainted win in a meaningless year due to covid. also as always they have cheated their way to victory. they signed gordon and other players despite having no money and being relegated, surely admin 2 is close for them. just like their win in 2012, it's null and void and not recognised by anyone anyway. best thing for us to do is focus on the parts of our lives that matter durimg this difficult time. football doesn't matter, and the cup is meaningless this year. rant obver, please get a grip.

Bobby's Cinema
01-11-2020, 07:47 PM
I really despair coming on here sometimes, people honestly need to get a grip. the only thing I can sympathise with is having a debate about the manager. is he the right man for the job? probably not, as he bottles it time and time again in the big games. time will tell if we made the right decision with him but he is under huge pressure right now no doubt.

what I can't stand is people getting so upset about one game. that's all it is, one game of football lost, it isn't the end of the world for **** sake. yes it's against them and we were outfought and blew another big derby.

but there's a global pandemic going on and much more important things to worry about. add to that there was no fans in the stadium in a cup competition that really shouldn't have been played. I really am indifferent to losing that match and whoever wins the cup, it is tainted anyway. especially when you consider if hearts manage to do it, it's a tainted win in a meaningless year due to covid. also as always they have cheated their way to victory. they signed gordon and other players despite having no money and being relegated, surely admin 2 is close for them. just like their win in 2012, it's null and void and not recognised by anyone anyway. best thing for us to do is focus on the parts of our lives that matter durimg this difficult time. football doesn't matter, and the cup is meaningless this year. rant obver, please get a grip.
I have to laugh - Time has already shown we made the right decision there. We are in third place in the league, Hearts are playing championship football.
No chance can he be under pressure IMO.

I agree though that there are more important things :aok:

B.H.F.C
01-11-2020, 07:47 PM
I don’t think this thread will go well.

Kano Kirsty
01-11-2020, 07:49 PM
I do not think starting a post about perspective then going on to have a rant is anything other than ironic tbf.

If we had won the game, which we should have, the cup final would be anything but tainted.

I get your point about the pandemic though, there are far greater things to be worried about but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be pissed off.

jeffers
01-11-2020, 07:49 PM

Don’t agree with any of your post apart from the bit about it not having been played. Football is a welcome distraction from the pandemic, what should be a bit of joy in our lives. Yesterday was yet again another depressing performance against our bitter rivals. If it was a one off it’s maybe a bit easier to accept but we’ve seen it all too often. I totally understand why some are losing their **** over it.

broondog
01-11-2020, 07:52 PM
I do not think starting a post about perspective then going on to have a rant is anything other than ironic tbf.

If we had won the game, which we should have, the cup final would be anything but tainted.

I get your point about the pandemic though, there are far greater things to be worried about but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be pissed off.

Get what you’re saying but imagine winning it, no fans Allowed to celebrate or to even attend the final, NHS hospitals being overwhelmed by covid would be the backdrop. I am frustrated too and angry about th result but it just isn’t the same as it would be in a normal year that’s my point. Which is why a bit or perspective is needed. Trying to enjoy winnng it or even attending a cup final isn’t possible. So to get so upset or bothered about it like some on here are showing is pretty weird I think. Look around at what’s going on it hardly matters really

broondog
01-11-2020, 07:55 PM
I have to laugh - Time has already shown we made the right decision there. We are in third place in the league, Hearts are playing championship football.
No chance can he be under pressure IMO.

I agree though that there are more important things :aok:

Wasnt saying I agree with all the anti Jack Ross stuff just that it’s up for debate. Getting really upset about the tainted cup is prettt clear to be though

Pagan Hibernia
01-11-2020, 08:00 PM

one game against them? It’s dozens and dozens and dozens of defeats against them that’s upsetting us!

Wheat Hound
01-11-2020, 08:02 PM
Calling it a tainted cup is revisionist nonsense. We would have been elated to have won yesterday. People are rightly raging at yet another failure in a derby and this is a Hibs forum; where better to vent those feelings.

For what it's worth, last night I was scunnered and couldn't see myself getting interested in the rest of the season.

Today I've been looking up how to register for Red TV to watch the game on Friday.

Hibs are a cruel addiction.....but I love them anyway. GGTTH.

Wee Mickey
01-11-2020, 08:02 PM
You have to laugh at some of the nonsense written on here after a derby defeat.

KDY Hibs
01-11-2020, 08:03 PM
I’m still hurting, we let ourselves get dragged down to their level, players seemed to nervous and rush things, add that to them having a goalie whom is capable of wc saves , which got inside our heads, gutted as this will probably see them kick on this season when I’d be happy to see them rot in championship for years.

Pagan Hibernia
01-11-2020, 08:13 PM

nonsense? How many times are you happy to see us humiliated by our rivals without granting our supporters the right to air a grievance about it?

h18eeynick
01-11-2020, 08:15 PM

I have just finished reading Bobby Johnstones book as he played for Selkirk like I did before obviously having a fantastic career with Hibs twice and Man City. What is amazing is that despite Hibs being fantastic in the 1950,s and mainly battling it out with Rangers rather than Celtic, we struggled to beat Hearts . The Famous 5 had a bad record against them. I never realised that we played so often against Man United and Man City back then. I was born in 1964 so missed that era. Fantastic book

MrSmith
01-11-2020, 08:15 PM
It's last seasons cup and they have Celtic in the final so, who cares!? lol I'll keep telling myself that anyway :D

h1bs4life
01-11-2020, 08:45 PM
I'm still hurting , not embarrassed not humiliated , I actually thought after all we have been through that this time we were actually going to put them in there place .
Yes there is a global pandemic and there is much more important things in life .Watching Hibs albeit on the TV is about the only thing we can do , cannae go to the game or the pub , one of the few places you can talk about Hibs is on Hibs net. Everyone is entitled to there opinion some may agree some may disagree .

spike220
01-11-2020, 09:38 PM
Its what Hibs net does best: A bed wetting extravaganza!

Smartie
01-11-2020, 10:29 PM
TBH I've got no interest in perspective for up to about 48 hours after any derby, let alone a big one.

Open season for tears, snotters, hyperbole, nonsense and downright drivel, the more of it the better.

Later on we can calm down and see it for what it is - we were narrowly beaten in a close game, a game that was always going to be close.

The big picture is that we're on the right track - it remains to be seen if they are. We need to improve, no doubt about that, but we knew that anyway.

What we can't forget is the hurt - losing games like this one really stings and whilst we need to put it behind us and get on with our next few games, I have no intention of being back here easily when it comes to facing up to them again. We need to channel this.

And let's face it - it will more than likely be a tight, nervy affair, edged one way or the other based on who manages to take their chances on the day.

Then one set of fans gloat whilst the others go into mini-meltdown.

And repeat.

chrisski33
01-11-2020, 10:59 PM
"what I can't stand is people getting so upset about one game. that's all it is, one game of football lost, it isn't the end of the world for **** sake. yes it's against them and we were outfought and blew another big derby."

Folk are upset after losing another game against them in Derby again. Folk are going to be upset the night of the game. Becauae of covid fans cant get the game nor the pub afterwards so the forum is one of few places where folk can rant about it just like you have ranted about them.
Yes its only a game compared to whats happening in the world at the moment but to come on a football fans forum and tell folk to some sort of perspective is a bit patronising

FilipinoHibs
02-11-2020, 05:49 AM
Ross has us as a well organised team , playing a system that produces results. Took us away from relegation and now sitting 3rd in the league. He has also started to blood some good youngsters.

Saturday's was played in horrendous conditions but we still created enough chances to win the game in normal and extra time as well as being denied what looked a stonewall penalty at the end of the 90 minutes. We are all as sick as parrots about losing to that mob but have a huge game on Friday. Starting to look forward to it already. Onwards and upwards.

Since452
02-11-2020, 05:51 AM
There is no perspective I'm afraid. They pumped us twice at Hampden when circumstances were massively in their favour. They've now embarrassed us at Hampden when circumstances were massively in our favour. No excuses left against that lot. None whatsoever. Hibs have found a new way of letting us down. The sad thing is I'm dreading playing them again. Right now I couldn't care less about Friday. Not looking forward to it at all.

Yorkshire HFC
02-11-2020, 06:19 AM
Get what you’re saying but imagine winning it, no fans Allowed to celebrate or to even attend the final, NHS hospitals being overwhelmed by covid would be the backdrop. I am frustrated too and angry about th result but it just isn’t the same as it would be in a normal year that’s my point. Which is why a bit or perspective is needed. Trying to enjoy winnng it or even attending a cup final isn’t possible. So to get so upset or bothered about it like some on here are showing is pretty weird I think. Look around at what’s going on it hardly matters really

This was the only game I've watched since covid arrived - I think it's the only live sport I've watched in those 7 months - sport doesn't seem real to me without fans. But I enjoyed it.

But it was really disappointing to lose that game.

I can't agree with the people saying that Hibs players don't care as much as Hearts players about the derbies - as many Hearts players as Hibs are foreigners, we both seem to try and sign the same players, our managers are all brought up through the same systems, the players follow the same training routines etc. - so why is our record in the derbies so poor - it makes no sense. I went to most of the 26(?) games without a win under Alex Miller and remember saying after a few of the games that by the law of averages we will surely get a win - but it never happened. Why was that?

We have had so many different sets of players and managers who can't seem to work out how to beat Hearts that it does seem like some sort of weird hoodoo - which I don't believe. You only win football matches by good training, good management and a bit of luck on the day - surely this team can manage that? Every other Monday I read on here that half the team should be playing for Scotland - so they must be good players?

And ofcourse there are more important things than football - but that's why we need it, and that's why football, and any other hobby that we all have is important - to take our minds off the really important stuff.

Brightside
02-11-2020, 08:05 AM
Its a disappointment. But as a player or a fan you just need to get on with the next game. Wallowing in despair isn't going to make anything different. Its finished. Move on. There were people on here saying if there were fans at the game right now they wouldn't be going for the next few? I can only imagine they didn't go to many games during the Butcher time.
Take it on the chin - including the harmless ribbing from any jambos you know - and look on to the next game.

GRA
02-11-2020, 08:35 AM
Its a disappointment. But as a player or a fan you just need to get on with the next game. Wallowing in despair isn't going to make anything different. Its finished. Move on. There were people on here saying if there were fans at the game right now they wouldn't be going for the next few? I can only imagine they didn't go to many games during the Butcher time.
Take it on the chin - including the harmless ribbing from any jambos you know - and look on to the next game.

Agree. As usual the hyperbole spills onto this board after a derby defeat. Was here after the defeat to Aberdeen and the draws with Motherwell & County but has been amplified given the opponent this time.

Looking at it pragmatically Saturday was always going to a tight game. They are in the division below but have signed some quality players with top level pedigree and we still had the better chances. Ultimately came down to the two penalties in the 2nd period of extra time. Given we missed and they scored will always be that lingering feeling of 'what if...' which makes defeat feel even worse. We were not outplayed and didn't display a gutless performances] against them as as we may have done in years gone by. As Ross said we were on the wrong side of those thin margins. It happens. Time to move on.

Still have two other competitions to look forward to and can use this as motivation to get back to Hampden, as we did in 2016 after the cup defeat to County. There is also a high chance of European qualification if we keep up our league form so can't wallow and let this game define our season. Next three games will be tough and potentially season defining.

:flag:

Keith_M
02-11-2020, 10:43 AM
Aye, there's a global pandemic so absolutely nothing else matters.

Why don't we just send out our U-18s, then, and give the first team a rest for a season?

:rolleyes:

ancient hibee
02-11-2020, 12:04 PM
This defeat seems to have caused a huge outpouring of angst when you see the surprising number of posters with low post counts over long periods.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2020, 12:30 PM
This defeat seems to have caused a huge outpouring of angst when you see the surprising number of posters with low post counts over long periods.
:agree:
They just cant help themselves.

Tyler Durden
02-11-2020, 03:00 PM

How many posts do you need to have to be angry about a really poor derby loss?

A “perspective” thread is the last thing needed after Saturday

BlackSheep
02-11-2020, 03:00 PM
Anyone care to enlighten me as to what Jack Ross could’ve done differently against hearts in the semi?

jacomo
02-11-2020, 03:23 PM
How many posts do you need to have to be angry about a really poor derby loss?

A “perspective” thread is the last thing needed after Saturday

It’s absolutely needed when people seem to have lost all sense of it.

The Spaceman
02-11-2020, 03:23 PM
Here’s some additional perspective - Nisbet lost his Dad on Wednesday last week. Unbelievable he managed to make this game to be honest.

Tyler Durden
02-11-2020, 03:26 PM
It’s absolutely needed when people seem to have lost all sense of it.

Anyone who wants to wallow or feel p*ssed off for a week, is not going to think differently from reading this stuff.

The OP himself could barely make it past his first paragraph before questioning the managers position!

Brightside
02-11-2020, 03:29 PM
Here’s some additional perspective - Nisbet lost his Dad on Wednesday last week. Unbelievable he managed to make this game to be honest.

Indeed.

EI255
02-11-2020, 05:29 PM
Whilst gutted about going out to them on Saturday, I'm still happy and proud to be a Hibee. Always will, no matter what!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Pagan Hibernia
02-11-2020, 05:34 PM
Whilst gutted about going out to them on Saturday, I'm still happy and proud to be a Hibee. Always will, no matter what!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

true. While I envy their derby record I will never, ever, wish I was a hearts fan

Ronniekirk
02-11-2020, 06:08 PM
I want them I. This seasons completion same stage and this time beat them Not interested in being the better teamJust want to beat them and get the Monkey key off our back of never having beat them atHampden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

broondog
02-11-2020, 06:45 PM
Aye, there's a global pandemic so absolutely nothing else matters.

Why don't we just send out our U-18s, then, and give the first team a rest for a season?

:rolleyes:

When did I say nothing else matters? Reread the post . I’m saying there’s much more important things going on and my only point was that’s mire important. Also that because of covid it didn’t really feel like a semi final and a win this year wouldn’t be the same as other years. Grow up