PDA

View Full Version : Where would they be without all the extra money?

JGS56
01-11-2020, 06:40 PM
After the disappointment of yesterday and realising that the difference between the teams was one goalkeeper, it got me thinking that hearts are operating with a larger squad than us. This is despite the fact that they moaned that they would be financially stretched if they had to play in the Championship.

It then struck me that despite all their talk, they are still living beyond their means.

Ever since they came out of administration in 2014 they have relied on money gifted to the club to produce a small profit each year. Over the last six years they have had (roughly) £9million from FOH and £9million from Benny Factor. Once you subtract the £3million to pay off Budgie they are left with £15million (£2.5million per season) to add to their coffers. Without these funds they would have ceased to exist or been a very small lower league club.

They are very fortunate to have these sources of income, but the average fan does not see this. If any of this additional funding was to stop they would be in serious trouble.

I know we all complain that RG is not putting enough money into the club, but at least he is trying to create a business model that will allow us to be self sufficient. If we get through this most difficult year, I cab see very good times ahead.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2020, 06:54 PM
They would not cease to exist or be a lower league club. Wishful thinking that is. They just wouldn't have bothered with the stand.

Kano Kirsty
01-11-2020, 06:57 PM
They would not cease to exist or be a lower league club. Wishful thinking that is. They just wouldn't have bothered with the stand.

Pretty much spot on. They’d be the same as us. But the fact is that they have these additional income streams so maybe we need to question why HSL is not even close to matching FOH despite the support numbers being comparable?

jeffers
01-11-2020, 06:57 PM
We can complain all we want about their additional funding but I’m still of the opinion that our team last night was more talented than theirs and there are few if any I’d swap. Different from the previous two Hampden meetings.

Partyraiser
01-11-2020, 08:04 PM
We can complain all we want about their additional funding but I’m still of the opinion that our team last night was more talented than theirs and there are few if any I’d swap. Different from the previous two Hampden meetings.

I said similar before the game. In hindsight I'd definitely take Gordon over Rocky. Other than that, on paper, we are better in every position, which only makes last night even more gutting

Pagan Hibernia
01-11-2020, 08:09 PM
Their fans have stepped up to the plate with nearly £10 million through foundation of hearts.

no complaints there

cocteautwin
02-11-2020, 12:23 AM
After the disappointment of yesterday and realising that the difference between the teams was one goalkeeper, it got me thinking that hearts are operating with a larger squad than us. This is despite the fact that they moaned that they would be financially stretched if they had to play in the Championship.

It then struck me that despite all their talk, they are still living beyond their means.

Ever since they came out of administration in 2014 they have relied on money gifted to the club to produce a small profit each year. Over the last six years they have had (roughly) £9million from FOH and £9million from Benny Factor. Once you subtract the £3million to pay off Budgie they are left with £15million (£2.5million per season) to add to their coffers. Without these funds they would have ceased to exist or been a very small lower league club.

They are very fortunate to have these sources of income, but the average fan does not see this. If any of this additional funding was to stop they would be in serious trouble.

I know we all complain that RG is not putting enough money into the club, but at least he is trying to create a business model that will allow us to be self sufficient. If we get through this most difficult year, I cab see very good times ahead.

Not that it's any consolation to what happened on Saturday, but your numbers are 2 seasons out of date.

If you add on the additional amounts that will need to have been input for seasons 19/20 and 20/21, the estimates for those seasons will be probably £4m and maybe £5m (just a guess). Additionally there is close to £2m of STC sponsorship funds that have been input (Anderson's wife?) and also extra funds from FoH. We're probably looking at £20m in total from the Andersons and £10m from FoH, an extra £30m in total.

Hibs are the 5th best funded Scottish club.

Since452
02-11-2020, 05:47 AM
They'd still be beating us with part time players