PDA

View Full Version : Paddy Power

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2020, 04:14 PM
I've had an account with them a few years, I have £110 in it at the moment, yet they have closed the account and want me to send them all sorts of information to validate who I am? WTF is this all about, they did not ask for any of this when I opened the bloody thing?

Bostonhibby
01-11-2020, 04:42 PM
Similar experience a while back, they say they have to validate your ID because of money laundering and new gambling rules, for me it coincided with a withdrawal of all funds for our wee syndicate.

I ended up having to upload passport photo and details. Got none of this crap when they accepted my bank cleared card to open and run the account for a couple of years.

I got the confirmation back that all was okay, withdrew the money and closed the account.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

The 90+2
01-11-2020, 04:45 PM
Had the same mate and now I can’t validate an old email address they are shutting it down with funds in it an no way around at all.

Pretty Boy
01-11-2020, 04:51 PM
It will be anti money laundering stuff. It's usually if you are trying to withdraw funds to a different source than what you paid it in with. Deposited with a credit card and withdrawing to PayPal for example. There can be other reasons though.

It's always annoying that this requirement only kicks in when you try to withdraw. It should have to be done when opening the account.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2020, 01:06 PM
The annoying thing is, i had/have £110 in the account, it had been £150 but i lost a bet during the week. I've not tried to withdraw any of it at all, and now for some reason, when i try and contact them using my computer, nothing works, it just keeps putting me back to their login page, which they have closed so i cant? :confused:

Magpie
02-11-2020, 01:17 PM
Paddy Power is the only bookmaker I use these days, I’ve very rarely had any issues with them. Have you got the paddy power debit card? You can apply for one and they usually send it out within 3 weeks, you can then use it to purchase things online and in the shop etc with money being taken from your account funds. You can also withdraw the money instantly that way up to £300 a day from an ATM without having to wait a couple of days for it to settle into your bank account.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2020, 01:51 PM
Paddy Power is the only bookmaker I use these days, I’ve very rarely had any issues with them. Have you got the paddy power debit card? You can apply for one and they usually send it out within 3 weeks, you can then use it to purchase things online and in the shop etc with money being taken from your account funds. You can also withdraw the money instantly that way up to £300 a day from an ATM without having to wait a couple of days for it to settle into your bank account.

No, i dont have their debit card, I really cant understand why they have done this, i only use them too, and i'm not a big gambler by any means, £10 here £20 there but not really more than £40 a week, sometimes much less and sometimes nothing at all?

It's not as if i'm looking remotely like i'm laundering money, as soon as i get the money back, i shall be closing the account and going back to skybet.

Magpie
02-11-2020, 01:56 PM
No, i dont have their debit card, I really cant understand why they have done this, i only use them too, and i'm not a big gambler by any means, £10 here £20 there but not really more than £40 a week, sometimes much less and sometimes nothing at all?

It's not as if i'm looking remotely like i'm laundering money, as soon as i get the money back, i shall be closing the account and going back to skybet.

Yeah sounds like a pain, I’d be equally frustrated.

Killiehibbie
02-11-2020, 02:40 PM
I've had an account with them a few years, I have £110 in it at the moment, yet they have closed the account and want me to send them all sorts of information to validate who I am? WTF is this all about, they did not ask for any of this when I opened the bloody thing?

They use the excuse that it's all about KYC, know your customer. I reckon they should do all this before allowing you to deposit. There can be no hint of money laundering when it goes back to the same account. They just want you to lose it all. Some of the foreign bookies are much worse

overdrive
02-11-2020, 03:41 PM
A lot of them will take the mickey when asking for the KYC stuff. I have/had accounts across various bookies when I was doing matched betting. The common thing for a while was for them to claim your proof of address/ID wasn’t good enough on its own so would only accept it if you took a selfie with yourself holding the ID. Of course, they would then come back and say that the ID was too small to be read or back to front because of the way some cameras work selfie mode, etc.

I ended up quite often putting the money on a bet that was highly likely to lose and laying it off at the exchange and withdrawing it from the exchange instead - appreciate that this isn’t possible if they have locked or shut down your account.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-11-2020, 03:51 PM
I wonder if there is someting going around at the moment? At the weekend, ASDA would only let me buy £100 in gift cards and when I asked why, the answer was because of money laundering.

Hibiza
02-11-2020, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the info. I've a historic account , not too much in it , can say goodbye I think .

Skol
02-11-2020, 06:52 PM
I had similar about a year ago. I had recently withdrawn a couple of hundred quid that I had built up from a starting £20 and had left £10 to start again and was down to £6. In the end I managed to get the £6 out and start again

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2020, 11:02 AM
Update, managed to finally get in touch with them today after using a PC, my mac would not connect with any of the links they provided.

I managed to speak to someone on a message from my phone a week or so ago, and they wanted all sorts sent to them, i got frustrated and told them to fuc off.:greengrin

This morning i set up an old PC and got the relivant information downloaded onto it, and managed to get through to them, only for them to tellme i had self isolated from paddypower for life, and would never be allowed another account with them. :faf:

Anyway they have transferred my £110 back to my account, and it should be in there within 5 days. :greengrin