PDA

View Full Version : Old fashioned cup tie.

Spike Mandela
01-11-2020, 07:36 AM
Good old fashioned cup tie last night. Two teams slugging it out in horrendous energy sapping conditions.

Effort, chances, mistakes, decent saves, good goals, penaties given, penalties not given, penalties missed, penalties scored, controversies(def pen in 90 mins) and two teams giving their all.

Disappointing to lose but somebody has to, Hearts got lucky, they know they did but hey, that’s cup football, it’s all about the result.

We need to shrug it off and move on. Let’s face it we get another crack at the Scottish cup this season anyway.:greengrin

calumhibee1
01-11-2020, 07:40 AM
Would have been a decent watch for the neutral id think.

hibsbollah
01-11-2020, 07:42 AM
You are going to get pelters for that. Much better to get into fights with fellow fans online and generally rage against the world:wink:

I have to go to watch kids football today and the only way to deal with the Jambo dads is shrug the shoulders and put a brave face on it.

Scottie
With the same ******g outcome. No positives to take out of the game at all. :brickwall

Since452
Energy sappping makes it even worse we didn't win

Jones28
01-11-2020, 07:43 AM
No no no this won’t do. A positive spin thread? It will not catch on.

JimBHibees
01-11-2020, 07:48 AM
You are going to get pelters for that. Much better to get into fights with fellow fans online and generally rage against the world:wink:

I have to go to watch kids football today and the only way to deal with the Jambo dads is shrug the shoulders and put a brave face on it.

You could always take a baseball bat with you but you might not be invited back. :greengrin

danhibees1875
01-11-2020, 07:54 AM
Good old fashioned cup tie last night. Two teams slugging it out in horrendous energy sapping conditions.

Effort, chances, mistakes, decent saves, good goals, penaties given, penalties not given, penalties missed, penalties scored, controversies(def pen in 90 mins) and two teams giving their all.

Disappointing to lose but somebody has to, Hearts got lucky, they know they did but hey, that’s cup football, it’s all about the result.

We need to shrug it off and move on. Let’s face it we get another crack at the Scottish cup this season anyway.:greengrin

A fair summary.

Some OTT reaction last night, but I think that's to be expected in the circumstances. A few big games coming up in the league and 2 more cup runs to have a crack at this year!

Mr Grieves
01-11-2020, 07:54 AM

Well said

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2020, 08:00 AM

Na na na

This isn't some one off, close game that we learn from and do better next time. It's them, at Hampden again. And we've ****ing lost. Again. A game they'll still talk about in 50 years. This is a huge black mark against this team and manager they'll have to live with. Only winning something this season will make me forget it.

Since452
01-11-2020, 08:02 AM
Na na na

This isn't some one off, close game that we learn from and do better next time. It's them, at Hampden again. And we've ****ing lost. Again. A game they'll still talk about in 50 years. This is a huge black mark against this team and manager they'll have to live with. Only winning something this season will make me forget it.

Exactly. One of the most, if not the most embarrassing result against them in my lifetime all things considered. Absolute ****ing disgrace. A trilogy of Hampden wins against us and each one a humiliation.

Ronniekirk
01-11-2020, 08:08 AM
But they do seem to get lucky more often than us
We talked about this being Thier cup final and Neilson made it clear they had gone back earlier than other teams in championship to get ready for this game
I do think conditions favoured them but our decision making when in good positions going forward was poor at times or we would of created more chances
Whether we would of taken any of them who knows
We will never have had a better opportunity to
Beat them at Hampden That’s the bit that hurts the most for me
But am over it As a teenager would of sulked fir a week lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
01-11-2020, 08:09 AM
Both teams were rubbish. Like almost every time we play them.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2020, 08:10 AM
Exactly. One of the most, if not the most embarrassing result against them in my lifetime all things considered. Absolute ****ing disgrace. A trilogy of Hampden wins against us and each one a humiliation.

The worst thing is, it was so predictable. After the last derby I knew Ross wasn't good enough to tuck them away and this was all set up for us to lose. I'd love us to be unpredictable for once. Turn up and win games we usually lose.

Hakim Sar
01-11-2020, 08:15 AM
Hugely embarrassing result. That hearts team is absolutely rotten and we let Craig bleedin Wighton score against us, Liam Boyce should have scored a 1 on 1 but he’s gash and missed an absolute sitter, and they did their usual and fouled and set pieced their way to yet another derby victory.

It absolutely sucks being a Hibee.

hibeesjoe
01-11-2020, 08:18 AM
Hearts hate Hibs and that's the difference. Craig Gordon and Naismith probably start the trash talk weeks before the match and the players will buy into it. That's what we need, someone who will just talk them down, show no respect and get the whole team like that.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

RossScott1991
01-11-2020, 08:25 AM
Their win is only any real significance if they actually win it tbh.

Whether it’s the first round or semi final you knock your rivals out it means nothing if you don’t go on to win the cup. (i.e wotherspoon at ER and 3.1 under lennon we didn’t go on to win cup)

Their previous 2 hampden wins resulted in winning it. Need to wait and see if this turns out that way.

But hey if they don’t win it they’ve just put us out the cup.

For the record should it be Celtic facing them, they won’t win.

the tornadoe
01-11-2020, 08:43 AM
Their win is only any real significance if they actually win it tbh.

Whether it’s the first round or semi final you knock your rivals out it means nothing if you don’t go on to win the cup. (i.e wotherspoon at ER and 3.1 under lennon we didn’t go on to win cup)

Their previous 2 hampden wins resulted in winning it. Need to wait and see if this turns out that way.

But hey if they don’t win it they’ve just put us out the cup.

For the record should it be Celtic facing them, they won’t win.

The SIGNIFICANCE of their win is actually the fact they beat us AGAIN at Hampden.

heretoday
01-11-2020, 10:42 AM
Both teams were poor in dreadful conditions. It could have gone either way. They got the breaks. We didn't. The ref isn't a cheat. The world isn't conspiring against us.

The fact that their goalie was man of the match shows which side were mainly on top but that's football. Move on.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2020, 10:44 AM
Both teams were poor in dreadful conditions. It could have gone either way. They got the breaks. We didn't. The ref isn't a cheat. The world isn't conspiring against us.

The fact that their goalie was man of the match shows which side were mainly on top but that's football. Move on.

Fair enough in a one off game. Its not a one off game anymore. They win 90% of derbies that matter.

hibsbollah
01-11-2020, 10:46 AM

:agree: I’m not sure there’s much else to say.

hibsbollah
01-11-2020, 10:48 AM
You could always take a baseball bat with you but you might not be invited back. :greengrin

Having a sly single fish in a Jambo dads thermos is more my style to be honest.

HibsGW
01-11-2020, 10:48 AM

I don’t think the conditions played any part, the ball never got caught in the wind or anything like that and the pitch wasn’t any wetter than it would often be so I wouldn’t use that as an excuse to say it levelled the game out or anything like that. It definitely could have went either way and that’s down to us not taking our chances, as you say Gordon got man of the match because of this. I think Nisbet and Doidge are great forwards for us but their missed chances are what lost us the game yesterday.