PDA

View Full Version : boy band has never really left

familyman
01-11-2020, 06:46 AM
The last actual real live game I attended was last season at Home game against Hearts when we got played off the park by a team destined for relegation.Half the stands left at half time,Hibs were a disgrace and no one showed any leadership.
This time again no leaders on the park and a mediocre performance.What on earth does it take to fire this lot up!!!!!!!!
Yeh we had a few moments against a Championship side not yet fully fit but come on where is the leadership qualities an most recent signing was invisible on the park before being taken off
Have we really improved if this is "we will do it for the fans"then the fans will soon disappear.
Show some bottle Hibs and Jack Ross is in for a rough road after this......he must not do a Joh Hughes and get too supportive of some of his players who simply are not good enough for Hibs.
I feel mortified by that performance yesterday.We are still a team who hopes rather then believes ..shocker.

Hakim Sar
01-11-2020, 08:22 AM
I think we were up for it. We were just hopelessly poor again at Hampden. The balance in the midfield was wrong for almost the entire game. Without Gogic mopping up we’d have potentially lost last night by a good couple of goals. We huffed and puffed, were awful with our attacking decision making having really not tested Gordon as often as we really should have. Marciano looked half asleep most of the time like it was a training game, and in typical derby fashion we balls up a penalty and they score one. When the dust settles after a derby it feels like the dust is 80% on their side. Hopeless hapless Hibs.

Since452
01-11-2020, 08:24 AM
I posted during the match day thread that we were pummeling them, and we were. The hugely disappointing thing for me was when we equalised Hearts stepped up not the other way around.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2020, 08:27 AM
I think we were up for it. We were just hopelessly poor again at Hampden. The balance in the midfield was wrong for almost the entire game. Without Gogic mopping up we’d have potentially lost last night by a good couple of goals. We huffed and puffed, were awful with our attacking decision making having really not tested Gordon as often as we really should have. Marciano looked half asleep most of the time like it was a training game, and in typical derby fashion we balls up a penalty and they score one. When the dust settles after a derby it feels like the dust is 80% on their side. Hopeless hapless Hibs.

The balance in midfield will always be wrong if we keep playing players who can’t tackle and at least put contact on players there. Newall is great when he has the ball but absolutely useless when the other team has it. He stands miles off his man and just jogs back when they break. Puts massive pressure on Gogic. Been a problem all season with teams just playing through us.
Newall is clearly loved on here but I just can’t get my head round it. There are two parts of the game, in possession and out of possession. He fails massively out of possession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffers
01-11-2020, 08:31 AM
The balance in midfield will always be wrong if we keep playing players who can’t tackle and at least put contact on players there. Newall is great when he has the ball but absolutely useless when the other team has it. He stands miles off his man and just jogs back when they break. Puts massive pressure on Gogic. Been a problem all season with teams just playing through us.
Newall is clearly loved on here but I just can’t get my head round it. There are two parts of the game, in possession and out of possession. He fails massively out of possession.

Agree with that. It’s asking far too much of Gogic, I’m hoping Magennis eventually plays through the middle, but at the moment he’s clearly not up to speed. Last night didn’t help that Gogic had by far his worst game for us.

J-C
01-11-2020, 08:40 AM
I feel the small squad hasn't help as we're about 3-4 players short, add into that the need to play 2 up top which leaves us short in the middle most games as he plays with 2 wide men and you can see where we're struggling at times. Gogic does the dirty work but Newell instead of creating is also having to do dirty work due to being overrun in the middle, if we go 352 you end up losing the attacking threat of Boyle but plays Gogic when a DM isn't needed with a back 3. Ross was very late in using his subs and it baffled me that he didn't try and change things a lot earlier, a lot went wrong yesterday from tactics to the players themselves, I don't think boy band image is a problem I just think we still have a few very ordinary players at ER.

J-C
01-11-2020, 08:45 AM

The same can be said of Mallan and Hallberg, take out Newell and replace with either and it's just like for like, McGennis will take a while to get up to full speed but if Ross insists on 442 then Newell beside Gogic will be overrun by the better teams who play 3 in the middle.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2020, 09:41 AM
I know it's not pc to say a bad word against Newell, but for me against most teams we need to be at our best against, he is sadly lacking in effort and quality. He can run the show when given time, but when he's under pressure it's like playing with a man short.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2020, 09:54 AM
The same can be said of Mallan and Hallberg, take out Newell and replace with either and it's just like for like, McGennis will take a while to get up to full speed but if Ross insists on 442 then Newell beside Gogic will be overrun by the better teams who play 3 in the middle.

Totally agree on Hallberg and Mallan. We shouldn’t be signing players like that at all.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2020, 09:57 AM
I know it's not pc to say a bad word against Newell, but for me against most teams we need to be at our best against, he is sadly lacking in effort and quality. He can run the show when given time, but when he's under pressure it's like playing with a man short.

Wasting your time on here with that. People only see what players do on the ball. We haven’t dominated a midfield all season and Newall has played every game. Why is that?

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2020, 10:08 AM
Wasting your time on here with that. People only see what players do on the ball. We haven’t dominated a midfield all season and Newall has played every game. Why is that?

We have. Thats the reason people don't respond well to your arguments, because its such a daft extreme. We have dominated games

jeffers
01-11-2020, 10:10 AM

You are spot on, looks a great player against the lesser teams but when the going gets tough he disappears.

B.H.F.C
01-11-2020, 10:15 AM

Newell and Gogic aren’t good enough to play as a two. The praise they’ve had has been excessive IMO.

However, Ross has been open about giving up that area of the pitch to play two up top so it’s not all on Newell and Gogic. As soon as Hearts made that double sub last night, we were in trouble.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2020, 10:27 AM
Missing out on McCrorie was a big loss for the club and a massive boost for our rivals. Need to stop penny pinching.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2020, 10:45 AM
Missing out on McCrorie was a big loss for the club and a massive boost for our rivals. Need to stop penny pinching.

What if we genuinely couldn't afford him?

Peevemor
01-11-2020, 10:50 AM
What if we genuinely couldn't afford him?I think the deal was done and we were bumped/gazumped at the 11th hour.

B.H.F.C
01-11-2020, 11:08 AM

We didn’t penny pinch. He just chose Aberdeen over us.

Whether we could have had it done and dusted before they got a sniff is another thing.

Baldy Foghorn
01-11-2020, 11:19 AM
What if we genuinely couldn't afford him?

Ron Gordon boldly claimed that we wouldn't be outbid by the likes of Aberdeen when he arrived. A glib bs comment, that couldn't be backed up.

J-C
01-11-2020, 11:42 AM
Ron Gordon boldly claimed that we wouldn't be outbid by the likes of Aberdeen when he arrived. A glib bs comment, that couldn't be backed up.

It was a deal that suited Rangers and Aberdeen, seemingly they wanted the same deal at Hibs with the year loan 1st but we didn't agree, I think he was persuaded by Rangers to choose the Aberdeen option on a loan 1st which probably keeps him on his Rangers wage bracket for another year.

EI255
01-11-2020, 11:45 AM
It hurts losing against a not very good Championship team. But we'll bounce back.

One love.

GGTTH.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2020, 11:45 AM

Was before this pandemic though mate, I think its difficult to judge him on that. Thing is, our squad quality isn't the issue. On paper we're much better than Hearts. Our league performance so far has been good. Our manager just wilts in big games.

thegaffer12
01-11-2020, 11:48 AM
Was the "boyband" description of Hibs not in relation to us winning the big games (against the likes of Rangers, Celtic) and then not bothering to turn up against the bottom half of the league?

Baldy Foghorn
01-11-2020, 11:48 AM
Was before this pandemic though mate, I think its difficult to judge him on that. Thing is, our squad quality isn't the issue. On paper we're much better than Hearts. Our league performance so far has been good. Our manager just wilts in big games.

The comment he made, was when he first arrived.

We have an ok squad, but feel the balance is wrong. Too many midfielders onthe books. No options in reality from the bench yesterday.

I don't think we are playing particularly well but are 3rd. We are a tough watch at times.

hibee62
01-11-2020, 11:51 AM
The last actual real live game I attended was last season at Home game against Hearts when we got played off the park by a team destined for relegation.Half the stands left at half time,Hibs were a disgrace and no one showed any leadership.
This time again no leaders on the park and a mediocre performance.What on earth does it take to fire this lot up!!!!!!!!
Yeh we had a few moments against a Championship side not yet fully fit but come on where is the leadership qualities an most recent signing was invisible on the park before being taken off
Have we really improved if this is "we will do it for the fans"then the fans will soon disappear.
Show some bottle Hibs and Jack Ross is in for a rough road after this......he must not do a Joh Hughes and get too supportive of some of his players who simply are not good enough for Hibs.
I feel mortified by that performance yesterday.We are still a team who hopes rather then believes ..shocker.

Half the stands left a derby with the score at 0-0?