PDA

View Full Version : Embarassing

cekim
31-10-2020, 09:38 PM
That is the most embarassing result for Hibs since that cup final. They look like a pub team. We couldn't break them down, yes Craig Gordon played a blinder but cmon. They knew stick in and we'll win. We knew the longer it went we'll lose. It's been the same for the 45 years i've followed Hibs. We have rode our luck for weeks, we have been poor but got results. Yes it's great to get results when you're playing poorly but it's hiding the fact we are not really that good. The league position is a false position in my eyes. I don't honestly think we will be top 4-5 come the end of the season. Maybe people should take off the green blinkers and start being realistic. The football is eye-bleeding at times and if it wasn't for the defence being so tight we really would be struggling.

Iain G
31-10-2020, 09:42 PM
That will be the defence Jack Ross has rebuilt and drilled well to tighten them up and properly improve them, which had been a major criticism that our defence was too soft? He has started by giving us a strong foundation to work from, so let's see what he does now given some time.

cekim
31-10-2020, 09:49 PM
Yep, defence is a big improvement but the overall play has been really hard to watch. It's like they never train with a ball, 1st touch and passing is dreadful. Simple passes are too short ,too long, in front or behind the player. Movement,vision and understanding are lacking.

Iggy Pope
31-10-2020, 09:51 PM
That is the most embarassing result for Hibs since that cup final. They look like a pub team. We couldn't break them down, yes Craig Gordon played a blinder but cmon. They knew stick in and we'll win. We knew the longer it went we'll lose. It's been the same for the 45 years i've followed Hibs. We have rode our luck for weeks, we have been poor but got results. Yes it's great to get results when you're playing poorly but it's hiding the fact we are not really that good. The league position is a false position in my eyes. I don't honestly think we will be top 4-5 come the end of the season. Maybe people should take off the green blinkers and start being realistic. The football is eye-bleeding at times and if it wasn't for the defence being so tight we really would be struggling.

Hi Mike, hows that sparryheid?

hibee62
31-10-2020, 09:53 PM

“We couldn’t break them down”
“Craig Gordon played a blinder”
Uh huh....

cekim
31-10-2020, 10:05 PM
“We couldn’t break them down”
“Craig Gordon played a blinder”
Uh huh....
The point being we should
Uh huh
They resembled a pub team

hibIBZ
31-10-2020, 10:06 PM
Uh huh
Uh huh
You get lots of pub teams with multiple internationalists

hibee62
31-10-2020, 10:07 PM
Uh huh

Sorry, probably came across as a bit arsey...

I meant to ask, how was Craig Gordon able to play a blinder if we couldn’t break them down?

Santa Cruz
31-10-2020, 10:14 PM
Humiliated and embarrassed? Grow a set. **** them

cekim
31-10-2020, 10:15 PM
Do you think Hearts looked like a team with multiple internationalists. I thought they looked woeful and were there for the beating. They offered very little threat to suggest they would beat us.

cekim
31-10-2020, 10:17 PM
Humiliated and embarrassed. Grow a set. **** them
Are you not

Santa Cruz
31-10-2020, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=cekim;6343928]Are you not[/QUOTE

No, s*** happens.

cekim
31-10-2020, 10:20 PM
too often against that lot

cekim
31-10-2020, 10:34 PM
Hi Mike, hows that sparryheid?

Who are you ?

matty_f
31-10-2020, 10:41 PM
We’ve already got a “humiliated’” thread. Don’t really need an “embarrassed” one as well.