PDA

View Full Version : Humiliating

hibee92
31-10-2020, 09:01 PM
We’re embarrassing. Simple as.

Any big game against them we crumble.

They call themselves the big team and we all laugh. But what have we done to deny them that title?

Scottish cup final
Hammered

Chance to relegate them?
We lose and get relegated ourselves

Ok we’re in the championship with them
Get humiliated and lose the league at a canter

Ok we’re both in the Premiership now and we need to win at Tynecastle to cement Europe under lennon
Outsmarted. Outfought. Lost. Our manager goes missing.

Hearts have won 3 games all season (one against us of course). Let’s beat them at Easter road to pile on their relegation worries.
Lost 3-1. Hammered.

Right they’re relegated and we’re on great form. Let’s have a go at hampden. Show them we’re a class above.
Outsmarted. Outfought. Lost

This won’t change. As a club we’re happy to lose to hearts every game. Otherwise we wouldn’t. Embarrassing. Humiliating. Disgusting.

calumhibee1
31-10-2020, 09:02 PM
Can’t disagree with any of that

Magpie
31-10-2020, 09:02 PM
Spot on to be fair.

.Sean.
31-10-2020, 09:03 PM

They call themselves the big team and we all laugh. But what have we done to deny them that title?

Scottish cup final
Hammered

Chance to relegate them?

Ok we’re both in the Premiership now and we need to win at Tynecastle to cement Europe under lennon

Hearts have won 3 games all season (one against us of course). Let’s beat them at Easter road to pile on their relegation worries.
Lost 3-1. Hammered.

Right they’re relegated and we’re on great form. Let’s have a go at hampden. Show them we’re a class above.

This won’t change. As a club we’re happy to lose to hearts every game. Otherwise we wouldn’t. Embarrassing. Humiliating. Disgusting.
Spot on and some on here just accept it. Just as embarrassing

Santa Cruz
31-10-2020, 09:04 PM
I can mind beating Hearts and being not happy when we lost, like today

Stuart93
31-10-2020, 09:06 PM

Scottish cup final
Hammered

Chance to relegate them?

Lost 3-1. Hammered.

Unfortunately have to agree.

Derby means everything to them every time and it shows

Wheat Hound
31-10-2020, 09:06 PM
The fact you missed out several other humiliations speaks volumes. Our club have failed to address this over a long period of time and, in doing so, successive regimes have failed to understand the depth of the supports' feelings on the matter.

Scottie
31-10-2020, 09:07 PM
Agreed. Whats the answer then because I've waited 48 years on earth for it ?

matty_f
31-10-2020, 09:08 PM
If this is us happy to lose to them, i wouldn’t like to see the reaction if we got annoyed.

Peevemor
Spot on and some on here just accept it. Just as embarrassingWho's accepting what? What's the choice? Either buy the club and change everything or stop supporting them?

hibee92

We’ve accepted it for years mate. All about the next game apparently. You’ll see that in the coming days.

See whenever we beat them they obsess over it. Even when we win it’s still always about the next game. We’ve never cared about games with Hearts as a club and it shows. Especially in days like today. It won’t change.

Since452
We are their bitches I'm afraid. Probably the worst derby head to head in the world.

hibee92
31-10-2020, 09:09 PM
The fact you missed out several other humiliations speaks volumes. Our club have failed to address this over a long period of time and, in doing so, successive regimes have failed to understand the depth of the supports' feelings on the matter.

I wish you were wrong mate but I could’ve been up all night with examples.

Magpie
31-10-2020, 09:09 PM

I genuinely think we should have supporters in during the lead up to the game to tell them what it means in the hope it gives them an extra incentive.

Boyle said in his interview before the game that if you can’t get yourself up for this game then what can you get yourself up for.

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2020, 09:10 PM
We got beaten, any idea what happens to those people who are not accepting it, does the result change at some stage tonight?

hibee92
31-10-2020, 09:10 PM

That’s the thing. It’s not your job nor is it anyone’s on this forum. We’re being let down now like we’ve been let down for generations. And you’ll know better than most there’s no end in sight.

darwenhibby
31-10-2020, 09:11 PM
This has been going on since 1983
The curse of Robbo
Never got over it
Never will
For once just once we could make our mark as the dominant team in the city and we blow as per usual
Tonight was worse than 5-1

hibee92
We are their bitches I'm afraid. Probably the worst derby head to head in the world.

This. We absolutely are the best thing that’s ever happened to another club. They must love us.

calumhibee1
We all said the only way hearts would win tonight is if we didn’t turn up and low and behold guess what happened

.Sean.
Who's accepting what? What's the choice? Either buy the club and change everything or stop supporting them?
You for a start making excuses on every thread. This is a total embarrassment and pretending that it’s alright cause we might finish 4th is a joke. We should have pumped them and he couldn’t get us up for it.

Lee Marvin
31-10-2020, 09:12 PM
This is spot on. I'm apoplectic with rage tonight, given the circumstances and unparalleled advantages we had going into today.

Hibs have lost the 4 biggest derbies in my lifetime, been consistently battered by them over a period when they had a better team without ever returning the favour.

This derby is the be all and end all to each and every management team they have had, whereas we seem tot treat it like another game most of the time (except under Lennon). Ross consistently playing it down all week and also post match - F@#K OFF!!!!

I like you Jack, but if you dont understand what this means then you will never achieve what you could here (that chance may have already passed you by)

matty_f
31-10-2020, 09:13 PM

It’s selective, what about the games that weren’t humiliating, or where we’ve done it to them?

We beat them in the Championship, we beat them when we were in the Championship and they were in the Premiership.

Lennon never lost that game, it was a draw (iirc).

Our record against them in recent years is pretty even. About what you’d expect from two similarly sized clubs - in fact given the financial advantage they have thanks to FoH, you could argue that’s a decent record to have.

It hurts a lot when we lose to them. Tonight I’m more annoyed than after 2012, but let’s keep some semblance of objectivity about it.

Tonight, a missed penalty was the difference - mentality or wanting it more didn’t come into it. If it did, we’d have crumbled at 1-0, we wouldn’t have created great chances in the game - Hearts would have ran over the top of us.

Magpie
31-10-2020, 09:15 PM
It’s selective, what about the games that weren’t humiliating, or where we’ve done it to them?

We beat them in the Championship, we beat them when we were in the Championship and they were in the Premiership.

Our record against them in recent years is pretty even. About what you’d expect from two similarly sized clubs - in fact given the financial advantage they have thanks to FoH, you could argue that’s a decent record to have.

It hurts a lot when we lose to them. Tonight I’m more annoyed than after 2012, but let’s keep some semblance of objectivity about it.

Tonight, a missed penalty was the difference - mentality or wanting it more didn’t come into it. If it did, we’d have crumbled at 1-0, we wouldn’t have created great chances in the game - Hearts would have ran over the top of us.

We’ve definitely had more lows than highs against them, probably by a big margin in that too.

supermcginn
31-10-2020, 09:17 PM

Please,this game means more to them than us and it's unbelievably frustrating but it's a fact. They want it more and it's awful.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 09:17 PM
We’ve definitely had more lows than highs against them, probably by a big margin in that too.

Over the years, yeah but over recent years it’s about what I’d expect given the size and quality of the teams over that period. How’s our record against Aberdeen over that time? Probably lost a few more than we’ve won but not a huge amount in it?

It’s hard for either team to be dominant over the other at the moment, and that’s borne out in the stats. Since they went into admin, they’ve ironically enjoyed a huge financial advantage over us yet that’s not been reflected in results or league placings.

Peevemor
31-10-2020, 09:18 PM
You for a start making excuses on every thread. This is a total embarrassment and pretending that it’s alright cause we might finish 4th is a joke. We should have pumped them and he couldn’t get us up for it.I haven't said anything about finishing 4th or in any other position. And apart from criticising Collum, I don't see where I've made excuses.

I just don't know why you keep going on about people accepting the result. What does that mean?

Please tell me what you're meant to do if you don't accept the result.

Stuart93

And in games that mattered a lot more

Wheat Hound

In the derbies with something major at stake, we have repeatedly failed (as listed by the OP). The cup derbies won by us have been early round games.

I'm lashing out, same as others. I know.

But this one hurt more tonight. Tonight was a great chance to put right some past wrongs. As you said on the pod, there were no excuses tonight. Everything was loaded in our favour.

Tonight Hibs lost a lot of goodwill and they will have to go some to start putting things right again.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 09:19 PM
Please,this game means more to them than us and it's unbelievably frustrating but it's a fact. They want it more and it's awful.

So them wanting it more made Nisbet miss his penalty and Collum not award one in the 90th minute.

Did them wanting it more take Craig Gordon’s fumble into the post and not into the net?

Why did they let is have so many good opportunities (more than they had in the game) off they wanted it more?

calumhibee1
31-10-2020, 09:20 PM
So them wanting it more made Nisbet miss his penalty and Collum not award one in the 90th minute.

Did them wanting it more take Craig Gordon’s fumble into the post and not into the net?

Why did they let is have so many good opportunities (more than they had in the game) off they wanted it more?

Given the quality of our squad over theirs it shouldn’t have come to refereeing decisions. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you won’t find many Hibs fans blaming anyone but the team/management

hibee92
31-10-2020, 09:21 PM

You recall incorrectly. We lost 2-1. But I can understand why you’re confused. It’s because overall we did end up qualifying for Europe so that makes yet another derby loss ok. So we forget about it. That’s the problem.

matty_f
In the derbies with something major at stake, we have repeatedly failed (as listed by the OP). The cup derbies won by us have been early round games.

I'm lashing out, same as others. I know.

But this one hurt more tonight. Tonight was a great chance to put right some past wrongs. As you said on the pod, there were no excuses tonight. Everything was loaded in our favour.

Tonight Hibs lost a lot of goodwill and they will have to go some to start putting things right again.
They’re still big cup games. Quarter final in 2007.

You think Hearts, at 2-0 up in 2016 decided “this one doesn’t mean as much so we’ll let them have the second half and then not turn up for the replay “?

Or the next year, when they had the chance to put that right, they thought “we don’t want this very much as it’s early on, so we’ll go for a 0-0 and then a pumping in the replay”?

SneakersO'Toole

I think that is more to do with the fact that they are actually Tom Kite Matty.

Tonight was the night to achieve some sort of revenge on the humiliation of 2012 and 2016. Instead we compounded it.

ionahibby
Usually fuming after a result like this but to be honest was a bit “meh”
Don’t know if it’s being used to same old story or the no fans Covid situation the last few months but definitely losing interest. Would be interesting to know how many kid/youngsters football fans in Edinburgh even knew the game was on?

matty_f
31-10-2020, 09:22 PM
You recall incorrectly. We lost 2-1. But I can understand why you’re confused. It’s because overall we did end up qualifying for Europe so that makes yet another derby loss ok. So we forget about it. That’s the problem.
I’m getting my games confused, I was thinking of the 0-0 where Lennon was hit by the coin.

hibee92
31-10-2020, 09:22 PM

Nah fair enough mate. Well done Hibs.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 09:23 PM
I think that is more to do with the fact that they are actually Tom Kite Matty.

Tonight was the night to achieve some sort of revenge on the humiliation of 2012 and 2016. Instead we compounded it.

Humiliation of 2016?

I thought papping them out the cup on the way to winning it in 2016 went a long way to putting 2012 to bed. I certainly wasn’t humiliated.

hibIBZ
Ok so what's the plan? If there is something inherently wrong what can we do to change it?

As the op has stated we have been turned over by them a good few times at the worst moments, so what do we do? Do we start protesting? Petitioning the club to buy better and spend more? Start sacking people? Get a new owner? Boycott games

People are quick to jump on here and argue about accepting and not accepting defeat, but if we are not accepting that we lost tonight, what do we do about it?

Lee Marvin

You dont get it, do you!? As a one of game, there was little in this and it was 'fine margins'.

But, crucially, over the last 30 or 40 years our utterly shameful record over them cannot be down to bad luck or fine margins. There is something systemically wrong within our club when it comes to the derby. It's an absolute disgrace.

Regardless of what anyone says, there is one game and one game only that truely matters. We consistently fail when it matters, even when the odds are stacked in our favour.

Something has to change, yet we all know it wont. That's the really sad thing about it.

matty_f
Nah fair enough mate. Well done Hibs.

Yeah, because that’s the point I’m making. Good one.

Aldoo
31-10-2020, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=matty_f;6343699]If this is us happy to lose to them, i wouldn’t like to see the reaction if we got annoyed.

There’s no doubting the depth of unhappiness on here when we lose to them, it’s the apparent lack of desire and sheer bloody mindedness of our players, managers and club to beat them that seems to be what is infuriating most on here.

It’s the opposite across the city which results in that inflated derby record.

People do point to a better head to head in recent times but let’s be honest at best we’re only breaking even with them.

Magpie
31-10-2020, 09:24 PM
Over the years, yeah but over recent years it’s about what I’d expect given the size and quality of the teams over that period. How’s our record against Aberdeen over that time? Probably lost a few more than we’ve won but not a huge amount in it?

It’s hard for either team to be dominant over the other at the moment, and that’s borne out in the stats. Since they went into admin, they’ve ironically enjoyed a huge financial advantage over us yet that’s not been reflected in results or league placings.

Since January 2018, Hearts 6 wins, Hibs 3 wins and 2 draws. Two of them wins against us were in the Scottish Cup, including today playing in a league below us. 2 other wins came in a season they only managed 4 wins all season and ended up relegated.

We may have finished higher than them the last couple of seasons but our head to head record is not good reading.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 09:25 PM
You dont get it, do you!? As a one of game, there was little in this and it was 'fine margins'.

But, crucially, over the last 30 or 40 years our utterly shameful record over them cannot be down to bad luck or fine margins. There is something systemically wrong within our club when it comes to the derby. It's an absolute disgrace.

Regardless of what anyone says, there is one game and one game only that truely matters. We consistently fail when it matters, even when the odds are stacked in our favour.

Something has to change, yet we all know it wont. That's the really sad thing about it.
Of course i get it, but what I’m saying is it’s easy to get into a big ****ing state about it if you only pick the times they’ve beat us and ignore the times we’ve done it to them.

I

Speedy
31-10-2020, 09:25 PM

Scottish cup final
Hammered

Chance to relegate them?

Lost 3-1. Hammered.

There's ups and downs, you conveniently missed out beating them on the way to winning the cup.

It's a ****ter but we'll get over it. Have a drink, have a lie down, have a game of scrabble, move on.

kaimendhibs
31-10-2020, 09:26 PM
Absolutely fuming. Fans turn up by buying season tickets with no chance of getting games, record sales of home shirt, 2nd and 3rd strips purchased, hsl contributions, happy hibee tickets bought and that shower of gutless wonders bottle it again😡😡
And that's from a happy clapper

SneakersO'Toole
Humiliation of 2016?

I thought papping them out the cup on the way to winning it in 2016 went a long way to putting 2012 to bed. I certainly wasn’t humiliated.

Quite clearly that was a typo that was meant to say 2006. But you knew that before you wrote your smart reply.

matty_f
Since January 2018, Hearts 6 wins, Hibs 3 wins and 2 draws. Two of them wins against us were in the Scottish Cup, including today playing in a league below us. 2 other wins came in a season they only managed 4 wins all season and ended up relegated.

We may have finished higher than them the last couple of seasons but our head to head record is not good reading.

How is it if you take out from their administration?

Irish_Steve

I'm a late comer to Hibs, I only starting supporting them in 1990.

Yes, I'm a tad angry tonight and yes, they do seem to want it more. However, I would rather base my season on all the games played rather than on four which they seem to be happy with. They won half of their four games last season against us. But which team paid millions to stay in the top league and failed and which team lost two derbies and are still in the top division.

That's the way I look at it

matty_f
31-10-2020, 09:27 PM
Quite clearly that was a typo that was meant to say 2006. But you knew that before you wrote your smart reply.

Actually didn’t, otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered.

Wheat Hound
31-10-2020, 09:27 PM
They’re still big cup games. Quarter final in 2007.

You think Hearts, at 2-0 up in 2016 decided “this one doesn’t mean as much so we’ll let them have the second half and then not turn up for the replay “?

Or the next year, when they had the chance to put that right, they thought “we don’t want this very much as it’s early on, so we’ll go for a 0-0 and then a pumping in the replay”?

I think it's more our clubs mentality/culture that's the issue. To lose each of the 3 big Hampden derbies is more than just bad luck/bad refereeing.

I think we focus on treating it as just another game and underplay the extra meaning of the fixture.

Santa Cruz
31-10-2020, 09:28 PM
7-0 6-2 **** you

hibee92
There's ups and downs, you conveniently missed out beating them on the way to winning the cup.

It's a ****ter but we'll get over it. Have a drink, have a lie down, have a game of scrabble, move on.

Aye phenomenal we won a last 16 match. Did they not do the same thing to us a couple years later?

The inverness game was bigger.

Aye it’s nice to look back on our run and love that they were part of it but overall when we played them was it part of our Scottish cup winning run? No. No one could’ve known that.

Tell you what if it was at hampden we’d walk away with our tails between our legs and thank hearts for letting us play against them.

matty_f
I think it's more our clubs mentality/culture that's the issue. To lose each of the 3 big Hampden derbies is more than just bad luck/bad refereeing.

I think we focus on treating it as just another game and underplay the extra meaning of the fixture.

Tonight was different to the other two.

2006, we went in with a depleted side against a very good Hearts side and got horsed.

2012 we had a team that just missed relegation and got horsed.

Tonight we were better for big parts of the game (as they were better in parts as well) and lost. But none of those were down to mentality.

hibee92
31-10-2020, 09:29 PM
Yeah, because that’s the point I’m making. Good one.

Think they break down every missed chance when we beat them? No. They hurt and rattle us next time. We’re heart of Midlothian’s gimps.

Not In The Know

well said Matty. They never won that match because they “wanted it more”.

we did enough but it never fell into place unfortunately. Column of willies had more influence than our teams attitude.

Real Emerald
It Is and Jack Riss is on borrowed time now.

matty_f
Think they break down every missed chance when we beat them? No. They hurt and rattle us next time. We’re heart of Midlothian’s gimps.

You might be, but I’m certainly not.

hibee92
31-10-2020, 09:31 PM
People still backing up Hibs. Perennial losers lads and we all for some reason adore being slapped about like we’re hearts wee brothers. The quicker we all realise that and stop spitting at each other maybe the club will get a grip.

Lee Marvin
Of course i get it, but what I’m saying is it’s easy to get into a big ****ing state about it if you only pick the times they’ve beat us and ignore the times we’ve done it to them.

I

You have just confirmed that you dont get it.

Nobody is ignoring the wins, as few and far between as they are. We have lost the 4 biggest games of the last 20 years - FACT. Humiliated in at least 2 of them, arguably all 4.

We have been battered by 4 goals countless times. Even when having the ability to avenge these loses, we do not. They won 4 games last season, 2 against us....

They absolutely own us in this game, and seen as neither team can win the league this derby means so so much.

Santa Cruz
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;6343707]We got beaten, any idea what happens to those people who are not accepting it, does the result change at some stage tonight?[/QUOTE

I don’t know. Is it too late to not accept it?

Magpie
How is it if you take out from their administration?

P: 26
Hearts wins: 11
Draws: 7
Hibs wins: 8

hibee92
31-10-2020, 09:32 PM
You might be, but I’m certainly not.

Our club is mate. Fair play to you for still holding onto a different opinion. I’m genuinely jealous of you.

SneakersO'Toole
31-10-2020, 09:32 PM
Actually didn’t, otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered.

As someone who reads your posts (which are quite thoughtful and insightful btw) it is hard to believe that to be true.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 09:33 PM

Nobody is ignoring the wins, as few and far between as they are. We have lost the 4 biggest games of the last 20 years - FACT. Humiliated in at least 2 of them, arguably all 4.

We have been battered by 4 goals countless times. Even when having the ability to avenge these loses, we do not. They won 4 games last season, 2 against us....

They absolutely own us in this game, and seen as neither team can win the league this derby means so so much.

:aok: whatever.

hibee92
31-10-2020, 09:34 PM
It Is and Jack Riss is on borrowed time now.

He’ll take us to fourth and fifth every season for 20 years. Plenty european trips to come. If we want.

But he won’t win a trophy.
But he won’t break past aberdeen.
But he won’t win a semi final.
But he won’t win big games.

4th/5th and plenty derby losses for however long we’d like. Well worth the monthly payment.

blackpoolhibs
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;6343707]We got beaten, any idea what happens to those people who are not accepting it, does the result change at some stage tonight?[/QUOTE

I don’t know. Is it too late to not accept it?

I've decided not to accept it now, what happens next?

Lee Marvin
:aok: whatever.

wonderful

matty_f
31-10-2020, 09:35 PM
As someone who reads your posts (which are quite thoughtful and insightful btw) it is hard to believe that to be true.

I’m not going to lie about something like that. You think I’d go for a response like that if i thought you’d made a typo?

I can only apologise if that’s the case, i genuinely didn’t pick up on it - posting in a big ****ing rage like i am tonight probably hasn’t helped.

Lee Marvin
[QUOTE=Santa Cruz;6343792]

I've decided not to accept it now, what happens now?

Supreme Court

matty_f

So pretty even then. Not a sign of a massive difference in mentality.

Liam978
31-10-2020, 09:36 PM
We got beaten, any idea what happens to those people who are not accepting it, does the result change at some stage tonight?

Gary mate the point is however disappointing yt is, we will never in our lifetime be able to redress the wins for balance. However in a game like tonight, surely we are entitled to expect some leeway.

Santa Cruz
31-10-2020, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=Santa Cruz;6343792]

I've decided not to accept it now, what happens next?

Depends I suppose. Maybe just need to wait for a bit.

Aldoo
31-10-2020, 09:38 PM

Yes but some of our teams in those years have been our strongest and yet we still couldnt get an upper hand and thats with some poor Hearts teams as our opposition, case in point being last season.

erin go bragh
31-10-2020, 09:39 PM

Scottish cup final
Hammered

Chance to relegate them?

Lost 3-1. Hammered.

Get a grip . Was it embarrassing in 2016 when we were 2-0 down against them and then went on to win the cup .
Gordon was the difference between us and winning .
I

Magpie
31-10-2020, 09:39 PM

Except from the Semi Final tonight and the opportunity to relegate them at their own ground, you could probably say so.

SneakersO'Toole
31-10-2020, 09:40 PM
The burning question the original poster is probably asking in a veiled way is, what is it that prevents us from achieving superiority against them when it really, really matters.

Counter posters are suggesting it isn't mentality or attitude. Okay fine. But the results in the big, big games that mean the most to the fans suggest a tipping balance to Hearts.

So what is it? Because it appears to be something...

hibee92
31-10-2020, 09:43 PM
Get a grip . Was it embarrassing in 2016 when we were 2-0 down against them and then went on to win the cup .
Gordon was the difference between us and winning .
I

When we won a last 16 tie?

Gordon was the difference. Is he not a hearts player like? 😂😂

Another Hibs fan clearly not bothered to be slapped about by Hearts every year. Well done today.

Magpie
The burning question the original poster is probably asking in a veiled way is, what is it that prevents us from achieving superiority against them when it really, really matters.

Counter posters are suggesting it isn't mentality or attitude. Okay fine. But the results in the big, big games that mean the most to the fans suggest a tipping balance to Hearts.

Exactly. I’d much rather beat them in Semi Finals, Finals and when the opportunity arises to relegate them at their own stadium than get the occasional 1-0 win during the split when there is nothing that little bit extra to play for.

blackpoolhibs
Gary mate the point is however disappointing yt is, we will never in our lifetime be able to redress the wins for balance. However in a game like tonight, surely we are entitled to expect some leeway.

Liam, we could have won that game, we missed 2 very good chances in the first half, and a penalty. Should have had a penalty in normal time but lost the game. We didn't bottle it, we picked a good side, but lost in extra time. I've accepted it, I have no idea what else to say, **** happens, not as much now against them now the budgets are more level.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 09:44 PM
Except from the Semi Final tonight and the opportunity to relegate them at their own ground, you could probably say so.

That game, the relegation one - if you remember Jordan Forster scored a perfectly good goal. Not given by the ref. That would have made it 1-1 at a time where we were on top in the game.

Not mentality, unless incompetent linesman giving an imaginary offside decision is a reflection of our mentality to not want to score and equaliser.

danhibees1875
31-10-2020, 09:45 PM

I'd drafted a similar post between watching TV but decided not to post. I agree. Tonight wasn't humiliating. We could point to a bunch of things over the last decade that's embarrassing for them also.

Hibs and hearts both occupy the same space in the world of football - we're relatively insignificant Scottish teams. We'll win a cup a few times per lifetime and play in Europe here or there without ever doing much. If you're of the mindset to drill down into the minute differences between us they're the bigger and more successful of the two, that's been the case all my life and I don't suppose it will change within my remaining life - it's probably been the case since our inception with either team enjoying elongated periods of "superiority".

matty_f
31-10-2020, 09:46 PM

So we’re looking at three Hampden games?

Because otherwise we’re saying that the big ones we won in cups (and if Hearts had won those they’d be being added to the argument) don’t count. In which case no wonder we have such a shan mentality, of folk only lends weight to the ones we lose.

Speedy
31-10-2020, 09:47 PM
Aye phenomenal we won a last 16 match. Did they not do the same thing to us a couple years later?

The inverness game was bigger.

Aye it’s nice to look back on our run and love that they were part of it but overall when we played them was it part of our Scottish cup winning run? No. No one could’ve known that.

Tell you what if it was at hampden we’d walk away with our tails between our legs and thank hearts for letting us play against them.

Go to bed man

matty_f
31-10-2020, 09:47 PM
I'd drafted a similar post between watching TV but decided not to post. I agree. Tonight wasn't humiliating. We could point to a bunch of things over the last decade that's embarrassing for them also.

Hibs and hearts both occupy the same space in the world of football - we're relatively insignificant Scottish teams. We'll win a cup a few times per lifetime and play in Europe here or there without ever doing much. If you're of the mindset to drill down into the minute differences between us they're the bigger and more successful of the two, that's been the case all my life and I don't suppose it will change within my remaining life - it's probably been the case since our inception with either team enjoying elongated periods of "superiority".

Generally agree, except i thought tonight was humiliating. This one was worse than 2012, imho.

The last two Hampden games, Hearts went into them the better team by a distance. Tonight, we went in the better team and lost. There is no excuse for tonight, it’sa terrible result.

hibIBZ
31-10-2020, 09:48 PM
So again can I ask, where does the problem lie? If multiple managers, players, backro staff, directors and now a new owner still have an apparent problem with mentality when it comes to hearts over the last maybe 30 years, how do we change this? We have spent big in relative terms, we have spent nothing, we have had total unknown managers, ex players as managers and everything in between and tonight's result has many again shouting about this problem or mentality and bottle, what can be done to change? In business terms, if something is failing we look for solutions, where do we look?

PolmontHibby
31-10-2020, 09:49 PM
This won’t change. As a club we’re happy to lose to hearts every game.

i was thinking about some smart answer to this particularly stupid statement and entire thread, but i think i will just have another glass of red wine and advise you buy a pair of big boy pants - and that I WILL NEVER BE A HUMUILATED HIBERNIAN SUPPORTER

Deejk107
31-10-2020, 09:49 PM
When we won a last 16 tie?

Gordon was the difference. Is he not a hearts player like? 😂😂

Another Hibs fan clearly not bothered to be slapped about by Hearts every year. Well done today.

Mate for someone accusing people of accepting defeat to hearts you are taking an awful lot of joy in going on about humiliation and nonsense like that. Sound exactly like a ****ing ****my jambo. They didn't humiliate anyone today, were gifted two goals by collum and we didn't take our chances, of which there were several. You are a clown.

Wheat Hound
31-10-2020, 09:51 PM

Because otherwise we’re saying that the big ones we won in cups (and if Hearts had won those they’d be being added to the argument) don’t count. In which case no wonder we have such a shan mentality, of folk only lends weight to the ones we lose.

The Hampden games are the crux of it. 3 defeats in the 3 buggest derbies in our lifetime....it's no wonder we have such fan unhappiness.

matty_f
So again can I ask, where does the problem lie? If multiple managers, players, backro staff, directors and now a new owner still have an apparent problem with mentality when it comes to hearts over the last maybe 30 years, how do we change this? We have spent big in relative terms, we have spent nothing, we have had total unknown managers, ex players as managers and everything in between and tonight's result has many again shouting about this problem or mentality and bottle, what can be done to change? In business terms, if something is failing we look for solutions, where do we look?

They don’t have a problem with mentality. Jack Ross took Hibs to Tiny and won 0-2. How did he do that with a fundamentally damaged mentality?

He’s lost his last two. I don’t think that’s down to mentality.

hibee92
Mate for someone accusing people of accepting defeat to hearts you are taking an awful lot of joy in going on about humiliation and nonsense like that. Sound exactly like a ****ing ****my jambo. They didn't humiliate anyone today, were gifted two goals by collum and we didn't take our chances, of which there were several. You are a clown.

When did I say the humiliated us today?

hibee92
Go to bed man

Well done today.

Scotty Leither
31-10-2020, 09:52 PM
That game, the relegation one - if you remember Jordan Forster scored a perfectly good goal. Not given by the ref. That would have made it 1-1 at a time where we were on top in the game.

Not mentality, unless incompetent linesman giving an imaginary offside decision is a reflection of our mentality to not want to score and equaliser.

It's the way we seem to accept stuff like this though, Matty. IIRC after that game you mention Butcher came out in the press and said something along the lines of: "the linesman's phoned me and admitted he got it wrong and has apologised and we all make mistakes" as if that made it alright?

We're too accepting as a club of second best from the top down, have been for years, and it's got to change.

hibee92
31-10-2020, 09:52 PM

Shouting and swearing on a fans forum because you’re not annoyed we lost to hearts 😂😂

hibIBZ
31-10-2020, 09:54 PM
They don’t have a problem with mentality. Jack Ross took Hibs to Tiny and won 0-2. How did he do that with a fundamentally damaged mentality?

He’s lost his last two. I don’t think that’s down to mentality.

Sorry didn't make it clear, I don't think there is a mentality problem as such , but many on here think there is.

I hate losing to them, it's crap, but many on here are alluding to a fundamental problem at the club and if there is what is their solution

matty_f
31-10-2020, 09:55 PM
The Hampden games are the crux of it. 3 defeats in the 3 buggest derbies in our lifetime....it's no wonder we have such fan unhappiness.

The first Hampden game, we had to play Caldwell at right back, Garry O’Connor had been sold, and we were severely depleted going into it. Hearts had a very, very strong team by comparison.

We were humiliated but it wasn’t mentality or a club culture thing. They were better than us and we had a useless keeper.

In 2016, we were humiliated but it wasn’t mentality, we were just a shote team against a team that was much better, and a referee that bent over backwards to help them.

No excuses for tonight, that’s why I’m more annoyed and embarrassed about tonight than either of those two games. But it’s not mentality.

We keep bringing this up and it’s not accurate.

Deejk107
31-10-2020, 09:55 PM
**** me a lot of you ***** need to wind your neck in. The most humiliating thing in my life was 5-1. We pumped them and went on to win the cup and it killed their morale and turned Tynie into a library. They didn't look close to beating us for well over a year and have failed to finish above us in the league since we got promoted. It's you pathetic bedwetters going on about being "their bitches" etc that let them have that hold over us in the first place. We're a bigger club with classier fans, play nicer football. If you think we got humiliated today you're a ****ing idiot, either that or a secret jambo revelling in the bedwetting going on here. The most embarrassing thing about being a hibs fan tonight is this thread.

SneakersO'Toole
31-10-2020, 09:56 PM

But the point is we lose more than more we win, as the facts suggest. Both recent and historical. So I'm confused as to the counter point you are trying to make?

Hearts win more games than Hibs 1 vs 1. They also win the bigger profile games. So whether you take the Hampden games in isolation or our head to head record in general the question I originally asked still stands.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 09:58 PM
It's the way we seem to accept stuff like this though, Matty. IIRC after that game you mention Butcher came out in the press and said something along the lines of: "the linesman's phoned me and admitted he got it wrong and has apologised and we all make mistakes" as if that made it alright?

We're too accepting as a club of second best from the top down, have been for years, and it's got to change.

What can you do though, chief?

What do Hibs do tonight? Put a statement out saying it’s a disgrace that we didn’t get a penalty in 90 minutes? Slaughter Nisbet for missing the penalty out McGinn for conceding one?

What else can Butcher say at that point? The game is done, by that point.

When Griffiths scored and didn’t get the goal we couldn’t do anything about it, by definition you have to accept it. Same when it happened to Oli Shaw at Tiny. Another 2 games where Hearts got a result where we did enough to get wins.

How do you not accept that? What can practically be done that would make a difference? Genuine question.

Deejk107
31-10-2020, 09:59 PM
Shouting and swearing on a fans forum because you’re not annoyed we lost to hearts 😂😂

Of course I'm ****ing annoyed you jambo ****. You're the one acting like we've been beat 5-1 again. You're an embarrassment and I hope you never get to go to another game because fans like you are the reason we're in this mess. Had a real chance to push on and get some momentum after the cup final win and you pathetic weasels with a hard on for hating hibs at every opportunity brought the mood right back down.

Your patter would be better suited a maroon forum you doss ****

theonlywayisup
31-10-2020, 09:59 PM

No-one on Hibs.net is accepting it.

It's just that there are many that don't want to sack a manager just because he's lost two games against them. Or drop Boyle because he, in their eyes, contributed nothing. Or drop Gogic, because he couldn't find a pass. Or....

Who next do we blame?

We were two inches away from beating them. A missed penalty from a player who has played well up until now.

As others have said, this has been going on for years. Our record, even when we had good teams, against them has been varying between not great to embarrassing. Try living during the 22 and 17 in a row to know what was embarrassing. I've no idea how to fix it. You got any ideas?

matty_f
31-10-2020, 10:02 PM
But the point is we lose more than more we win, as the facts suggest. Both recent and historical. So I'm confused as to the counter point you are trying to make?

Hearts win more games than Hibs 1 vs 1. They also win the bigger profile games. So whether you take the Hampden games in isolation or our head to head record in general the question I originally asked still stands.

Three games over a period of 14 years isn’t indicative, I’ve already explained my thinking for the first two of those anyway.

My point is, that in recent years (post financial doping) the stats reflect that the two teams are pretty closely matched and that the idea that they hold a lasting mental advantage or cultural superiority over us is a fundamentally flawed argument.

danhibees1875
31-10-2020, 10:02 PM
Generally agree, except i thought tonight was humiliating. This one was worse than 2012, imho.

The last two Hampden games, Hearts went into them the better team by a distance. Tonight, we went in the better team and lost. There is no excuse for tonight, it’sa terrible result.

I don't think tonight was worse than 2012. Probably helped by not being there tbh.

2012 was mitigated by the fact they had a financially doped team on the pitch. Tonight, we were fairly even and beaten by a more clinical penalty.

The records will only show the results and 2012, if nothing else for it being a final, will show it as the worse result.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 10:04 PM
I don't think tonight was worse than 2012. Probably helped by not being there tbh.

2012 was mitigated by the fact they had a financially doped team on the pitch. Tonight, we were fairly even and beaten by a more clinical penalty.

The records will only show the results and 2012, if nothing else for it being a final, will show it as the worse result.

The reason i feel worse tonight than after 2012 is we went into that game as a ***** team at the end of a ***** season and were up against a team that cost multiples of our team. Had we won that, it would have been an upset.

Tonight was an upset.

Baldy Foghorn
31-10-2020, 10:06 PM
The reason i feel worse tonight than after 2012 is we went into that game as a ***** team at the end of a ***** season and were up against a team that cost multiples of our team. Had we won that, it would have been an upset.

Tonight was an upset.

That's down to us, imo we should have scudded the ****

IberianHibernian
31-10-2020, 10:07 PM

They absolutely own us in this game, and seen as neither team can win the league this derby means so so much. What is your FACT ? In the last 20 years we`ve had loads of big games - finals , semi finals , European matches , play offs ... If you`re only talking about games against Hearts , not even sure what 4 derbies you`re talking about other than 2012 final and we`ve knocked them out of cup 3 times since then . Finishing above them in the league is also important surely ? Battered by 4 goals "countless " times ? What , once every decade / 30 odd Derbies more or less like our winning by 4 record ? Yes , it`s disappointing to lose to a lower league club but surprises happen in cups and now we have to concentrate on next match against Aberdeen , a big match since they`re probably our main rival for 3rd place ( sadly I don`t think present squad or manager can get us challenging for higher than 3rd )

B.H.F.C
Liam, we could have won that game, we missed 2 very good chances in the first half, and a penalty. Should have had a penalty in normal time but lost the game. We didn't bottle it, we picked a good side, but lost in extra time. I've accepted it, I have no idea what else to say, **** happens, not as much now against them now the budgets are more level.

Doesn’t it happen as much though? Our record, which was better for a year or two, seems to be slipping back to how it’s generally been against them. 1 win from 3 last year, when they won 4 games all season. Think it was 1 win from 4 the season before.

Getting beat tonight didn’t surprise me which is sickening in the circumstances.

paddy1875
Tonight’s a bad result but at 32 I’m used to it. Any game that we have the chance to turn the screw on them we bottle it.

Soon as nisbet missed his chance with the header in the first half it was done.

They score out of nowhere in the second half and I’m surprised we get the equaliser.

Boyle running through and try’s to pass the ball cemented the tie for me aswell. Absolutely no self belief when giving a opportunity to grab the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty_f
31-10-2020, 10:09 PM
That's down to us, imo we should have scudded the ****

I agree. 100%

hibee92
31-10-2020, 10:09 PM
Of course I'm ****ing annoyed you jambo ****. You're the one acting like we've been beat 5-1 again. You're an embarrassment and I hope you never get to go to another game because fans like you are the reason we're in this mess. Had a real chance to push on and get some momentum after the cup final win and you pathetic weasels with a hard on for hating hibs at every opportunity brought the mood right back down.

Your patter would be better suited a maroon forum you doss ****

Nice to let the anger out. Glad to help. Hope you manage to get a good sleep mate.

hibee92
31-10-2020, 10:10 PM
**** me a lot of you ***** need to wind your neck in. The most humiliating thing in my life was 5-1. We pumped them and went on to win the cup and it killed their morale and turned Tynie into a library. They didn't look close to beating us for well over a year and have failed to finish above us in the league since we got promoted. It's you pathetic bedwetters going on about being "their bitches" etc that let them have that hold over us in the first place. We're a bigger club with classier fans, play nicer football. If you think we got humiliated today you're a ****ing idiot, either that or a secret jambo revelling in the bedwetting going on here. The most embarrassing thing about being a hibs fan tonight is this thread.

And breathe

Deejk107
No-one on Hibs.net is accepting it.

It's just that there are many that don't want to sack a manager just because he's lost two games against them. Or drop Boyle because he, in their eyes, contributed nothing. Or drop Gogic, because he couldn't find a pass. Or....

Who next do we blame?

We were two inches away from beating them. A missed penalty from a player who has played well up until now.

As others have said, this has been going on for years. Our record, even when we had good teams, against them has been varying between not great to embarrassing. Try living during the 22 and 17 in a row to know what was embarrassing. I've no idea how to fix it. You got any ideas?

Nobody has any ideas because they're the ones who take joy in us struggling. Bizarre people who are apparently hibs fans and pay money to go to Easter road and slate players. They will sleep easy tonight all while accusing people of bot caring because we're not wetting our bed at the nearest opportunity. **** the lot of them.

SneakersO'Toole
Three games over a period of 14 years isn’t indicative, I’ve already explained my thinking for the first two of those anyway.

My point is, that in recent years (post financial doping) the stats reflect that the two teams are pretty closely matched and that the idea that they hold a lasting mental advantage or cultural superiority over us is a fundamentally flawed argument.

Okay. But you also aren't giving a plausible counter explanation as to why these results keeping happening in the trend they do. Just saying that it isnt anything to do with mentality doesn't really stack up as the results unfortunately for us all suggest otherwise. Therefore fans will rightly call out on the clubs mentality and focus towards these games when results like this keep happening.

As I say I don't have the answers. Nobody does. But I don't think anyone can flatly dispute a theory without at least offering an alternative that stands up to scrutiny. And just saying "that's football" or "that's life" isn't one.

danhibees1875
31-10-2020, 10:11 PM

Tonight was an upset.

I get that. :agree:

Upset in one of the least upset-iest of ways though. They're squad isn't a championship squad. They have one of the best keepers in the country and a very solid squad - they're as good as us and Aberdeen in terms of squads in Scotland.

That's not to say that we shouldn't have beaten them and that wasn't annoying though of course.

Deejk107
31-10-2020, 10:11 PM
And breathe

You're so happy we lost clearly. What a grade A **** you are. Patter like "Well done today" lmao you're revelling in this.

MONKEY'S ERSE
31-10-2020, 10:13 PM
I'm absolutely raging tonight because they are the ONE team we constantly f"^k it up against! How many times have we let them off the hook?? They don't even have to play well to beat us!!!

Baldy Foghorn
31-10-2020, 10:14 PM
I agree. 100%

That makes it worse for me, a chance to put them to the sword

hibee92
31-10-2020, 10:17 PM
You're so happy we lost clearly. What a grade A **** you are. Patter like "Well done today" lmao you're revelling in this.

Aye mate. Nailed it. I’m delighted. Get some sleep.

hibee92
31-10-2020, 10:19 PM
I'm absolutely raging tonight because they are the ONE team we constantly f"^k it up against! How many times have we let them off the hook?? They don't even have to play well to beat us!!!

Correct. We’re the wee brothers who they hold at arms length.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 10:22 PM
Okay. But you also aren't giving a plausible counter explanation as to why these results keeping happening in the trend they do. Just saying that it isnt anything to do with mentality doesn't really stack up as the results unfortunately for us all suggest otherwise. Therefore fans will rightly call out on the clubs mentality and focus towards these games when results like this keep happening.

As I say I don't have the answers. Nobody does. But I don't think anyone can't flatly dispute a theory without at least offering an alternative that stands up to scrutiny. And just saying "that's football" oe "that's life" isn't one.

I am - they happen because the margins between the teams are pretty small, with Hearts generally enjoying the ability to outspend us most years for various reasons.

The stats posted post admin show that Hearts haven’t won against us on more occasions than they have won.

When we look at the “big” games - and I’m not sure what criteria is being used here, but it looks like the big ones count as the ones that we lose, then there are a number of reasons. I won’t go into 2006 or 2012 again as i feel I’ve exhausted that point. The relegation derby, were scored a perfectly good goal that wasn’t given. We can’t do any more than score a legitimate goal - so if you really need an explanation for that one then it’s bad refereeing. Same goes for when Oli Shaw and Leigh Griffiths had legitimate goals not given.

But why don’t we give value to knocking them out the cup? We did it in 2013, when they came to Easter Rd gloating like **** and we won. You think that game wasn’t important or big? It was massive, it was our chance to shut them up after the skelping they gave us.

The CIS quarter final, we ran over the top of them in the most one sided 1-0 win t your ever likely to see. That was a big game.

If we only take the games that Hearts win, then of course it’ll look like a massive issue, but when you accept that they also lose big games to us (and by the way, what derby isn’t a big game - isn’t the idea that they’re not big games exactly the attitude that is being questioned?) then you’ll see it’s not mentality or attitude or a hoodoo or wanting it more or whatever subjective measure folk want to use to rationalise it, and you see it’s what you would probably expect to happen given the status of both teams over the years.

We beat them when we were in the Championship and they were in the Premiership. On more than one occasion. There are plenty examples of us doing it to them as well.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 10:24 PM
That makes it worse for me, a chance to put them to the sword

Yeah, i feel much worse about this one than i did the last two at Hampden. It’ll be a long time before we get a chance like that to beat them.

IberianHibernian
31-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Doesn’t it happen as much though? Our record, which was better for a year or two, seems to be slipping back to how it’s generally been against them. 1 win from 3 last year, when they won 4 games all season. Think it was 1 win from 4 the season before.

Getting beat tonight didn’t surprise me which is sickening in the circumstances.Generally when ? I went to my first Derby in 1970 and only missed one ( 7 - 0 of all games ) till about 1982 - 2 defeats and loads of wins which would have been even more if there had been 4 Derbies per season every year . A long time ago yes but what about Sauzee era with no defeats ? Knocked Hearts out of Scottish Cup with 3 different managers in last decade . Could and should have been 4 today but mixture of bad luck and off day prevented it .

neil7908
31-10-2020, 10:27 PM
The first Hampden game, we had to play Caldwell at right back, Garry O’Connor had been sold, and we were severely depleted going into it. Hearts had a very, very strong team by comparison.

We were humiliated but it wasn’t mentality or a club culture thing. They were better than us and we had a useless keeper.

In 2016, we were humiliated but it wasn’t mentality, we were just a shote team against a team that was much better, and a referee that bent over backwards to help them.

No excuses for tonight, that’s why I’m more annoyed and embarrassed about tonight than either of those two games. But it’s not mentality.

We keep bringing this up and it’s not accurate.

I'm sorry but this is part of the issue. In 2012 when they beat us 5-1 Hearts finished 5th in the league. Yes they had some good players but they were hardly world beaters. Plenty of other teams took points off them.

The gap in class was smaller between the two team then than it is now.

And that is why tonight is an issue for me. When they have have an advantage they make us pay and we capitulate. Then when the tables are turned and we are playing an unquestionably poor Hearts team, what happens? We lose. Yes not by much but we still can't seem to make our superiority count in the really big games against them.

For two rivals around the same size our record against them is very, very poor. I have no doubt there is something intrinsically off in the way we approach these games, or the type of players we sign.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 10:28 PM
I'm sorry but this is part of the issue. In 2012 when they beat us 5-1 Hearts finished 5th in the league. Yes they had some good players but they were hardly world beaters. Plenty of other teams took points off them.

The gap in class was smaller between the two team then than it is now.

And that is why tonight is an issue for me. When they have have an advantage they make us pay and we capitulate. Then when the tables are turned and we are playing an unquestionably poor Hearts team, what happens? We lose. Yes not by much but we still can't seem to make our superiority count in the really big games against them.

For two rivals around the same size our record against them is very, very poor. I have no doubt there is something intrinsically off in the way we approach these games, or the type of players we sign.

They finished 5th, we finished second bottom and just avoided relegation. We were shocking.

Deejk107
31-10-2020, 10:36 PM
Aye mate. Nailed it. I’m delighted. Get some sleep.

Well you're definitely not upset we lost. You're upset we didn't lose by more so it could fit your pathetic agenda you have against hibs. You're not a hibs fan, away and play tig with the busses.

neil7908
31-10-2020, 10:36 PM
They finished 5th, we finished second bottom and just avoided relegation. We were shocking.

And they were relegated last season after 4 wins all season (2 against us of course). They are a very poor team. They just struggled against Arbroath last week.

I stand by my point. They gap between the teams was smaller then than it is now.

When we have the upper hand it in effect becomes meaningless and the games are tight. When they have the upper hand they punish us time and time again.

Many were surprised to see some bookies with them as favourites. That surprise is in itself telling and points to a head in the sand attitude to our record against them.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 10:38 PM
And they were relegated last season after 4 wins all season (2 against us of course). They are a very poor team. They just struggled against Arbroath last week.

I stand by my point. They gap between the teams was smaller then than it is now.

When we have the upper hand it in effect becomes meaningless and the games are tight. When they have the upper hand they punish us time and time again.

I agree that we’re a better team. I’ve been consistent when I’ve said there are no excuses tonight and it’s a terrible result. I’ve said i think tonight was worse than 2012 as well.

neil7908
31-10-2020, 10:42 PM
I agree that we’re a better team. I’ve been consistent when I’ve said there are no excuses tonight and it’s a terrible result. I’ve said i think tonight was worse than 2012 as well.

Fair enough. I'm just really hurting tonight. The world is s***e enough right now and it is felt like this was a chance to get some small level of enjoyment back.

I know it's just emotions but I'm struggling to see much left for us this season. If we can't beat this Hearts team then no chance of overtaking Aberdeen or getting anywhere in the cups.

MWHIBBIES
31-10-2020, 10:42 PM

You'd be right if this was a one off. It's not. It's a 3rd Hampden loss. A 3rd derby loss in 4 games. Over the last 40 years they've had far too many breaks for it to be an accident or luck.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 10:44 PM
You'd be right if this was a one off. It's not. It's a 3rd Hampden loss. A 3rd derby loss in 4 games. Over the last 40 years they've had far too many breaks for it to be an accident or luck.

3 Hampden defeats in 14 years is hardly indicative nor is just being selective with the stats.

Why not include the big games we beat them?

The Harp Awakes
31-10-2020, 10:47 PM

Stop being too nice as a club. Understand that to be successful in Scottish football you need to be aggressive as well as playing nice football. Understand that winning derbies is more about will to win and being streetwise than being passive, pedestrian and pretty passing across the pitch.

B.H.F.C
31-10-2020, 11:00 PM
Generally when ? I went to my first Derby in 1970 and only missed one ( 7 - 0 of all games ) till about 1982 - 2 defeats and loads of wins which would have been even more if there had been 4 Derbies per season every year . A long time ago yes but what about Sauzee era with no defeats ? Knocked Hearts out of Scottish Cup with 3 different managers in last decade . Could and should have been 4 today but mixture of bad luck and off day prevented it .

Generally, forever. Check the derby record, we’re miles behind. Tonight is the latest example of why. Failing to win a game that we should have won comfortably. It’s sickening.

supermcginn
31-10-2020, 11:01 PM
3 Hampden defeats in 14 years is hardly indicative nor is just being selective with the stats.

It's 3 nil at Hampden it's embarrassing mate

hibIBZ
31-10-2020, 11:03 PM
Stop being too nice as a club. Understand that to be successful in Scottish football you need to be aggressive as well as playing nice football. Understand that winning derbies is more about will to win and being streetwise than being passive, pedestrian and pretty passing across the pitch.

So would that mean removing people like Dempster and replacing them with others?

Removing the manager in favour of somebody else?

Taking a risk and increasing spending in the hope or winning it back?

MrRobot
31-10-2020, 11:05 PM

how many hampden wins have we got against them in the same period of
time? it’s simply not good enough i’m afraid.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 11:15 PM
It's 3 nil at Hampden it's embarrassing mate

I don’t think I’ve said otherwise?

Brightside
31-10-2020, 11:18 PM
You all need to grow up

matty_f
31-10-2020, 11:19 PM
how many hampden wins have we got against them in the same period of
time? it’s simply not good enough i’m afraid.

None. We’ve only played them there three times in fourteen years but i don’t think you can take three games in fourteen years as a sign of an inherent problem.

I don’t think anyone has said it’s good enough, either.

supermcginn
31-10-2020, 11:20 PM
I don’t think I’ve said otherwise?

Well the biggest games are at Hampden and in the biggest competition we can win? It's a shocking record we have

Brightside
31-10-2020, 11:22 PM
3rd is massive

matty_f
31-10-2020, 11:23 PM
Well the biggest games are at Hampden and in the biggest competition we can win? It's a shocking record we have

Yes. Not winning 3 specific games in 14 years is *****.

I’m not sure what your point is though or what you think I’ve said that suggests otherwise.

Ozyhibby
31-10-2020, 11:26 PM
Must admit, not feeling that good about the two season tickets I bought this year right now. Club are taking the piss out of fans. Getting sick of excuses.
I can handle shelling out money for games I can’t go to if I think that the club are using my money wisely but watching that today I’m not convinced. If we are just going to fold every time we play Hearts then I’m not sure I’m up for giving them my money next summer on the back of a season when I can’t even get into a game.

supermcginn
31-10-2020, 11:26 PM
Yes. Not winning 3 specific games in 14 years is *****.

I’m not sure what your point is though or what you think I’ve said that suggests otherwise.
3 out of ,3 at hampden mate. Yes it is ****.

Zambernardi1875
31-10-2020, 11:27 PM

what bigger games?

Ozyhibby
31-10-2020, 11:28 PM
3rd is massive

No silverware for that and it’s no consolation for handing them another derby win.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 11:31 PM
what bigger games?

What bigger games are you referring to? I didn’t say anything about bigger games.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 11:31 PM
3 out of ,3 at hampden mate. Yes it is ****.

Isn’t that what i just said?

Zambernardi1875
31-10-2020, 11:33 PM
What bigger games are you referring to? I didn’t say anything about bigger games.

"why not include the big games" what ones

heid the baw
31-10-2020, 11:34 PM

Scottish cup final
Hammered

Chance to relegate them?

Lost 3-1. Hammered.

You are embarrassing, simple as.
Why not just jump ship and support them.
If Nesbits penalty goes in you are not posting this guff.
It's what happens in cup football, just like when Wotherspoon scores to pap them out as the fastest holders to go out.
We've got a big game next week, we are still in baith cups this season.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 11:35 PM
"why not include the big games" what ones

Aren’t all derbies big games?

hibee92
31-10-2020, 11:36 PM
Baffling the amount of people in this thread completely fine with another Hearts defeat. So odd. Aw Craig Gordon did well, aw we missed a penalty. Aye well everything’s fine then. Embarrassing.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 11:38 PM
Baffling the amount of people in this thread completely fine with another Hearts defeat. So odd. Aw Craig Gordon did well, aw we missed a penalty. Aye well everything’s fine then. Embarrassing.

I’ve not seen anyone completely fine with it. You’re seeing something that isn’t there.

Zambernardi1875
31-10-2020, 11:38 PM
Aren’t all derbies big games?

i think you know some derbies have more meaning than others. stop

supermcginn
31-10-2020, 11:40 PM
Isn’t that what i just said?

The biggest ones are at Hampden. We just lost to a team in the second tier. Embarrassing

matty_f
01-11-2020, 12:15 AM
i think you know some derbies have more meaning than others. stop

Ok. Well then, knocking them out the Scottish Cup in 2013 when they came to Easter Road to rub it in after 2012. Huge game for the club.

Knocking them out the Scottish Cup in 2016 after their fans were raging about them losing a 2 goal lead in the first game. Was essential that they win that one in their eyes, we were in the division before them.

Knocking them out if the Scottish Cup in 2017, the chance to bring us back down to earth after 2016.

matty_f
01-11-2020, 12:16 AM
The biggest ones are at Hampden. We just lost to a team in the second tier. Embarrassing

Yeah i agree. I’ve said that as well.

hibee92
01-11-2020, 12:21 AM
I’ve not seen anyone completely fine with it. You’re seeing something that isn’t there.

Either that or you’re choosing not to see it. Pretty confident I’m right.

Deejk107
01-11-2020, 12:22 AM

Yet again you're loving this. Pitiful. Away and watch hearts every week in the championship you absolute waste of life.

heid the baw
01-11-2020, 12:25 AM
Yeah i agree. I’ve said that as well.

We were in the 2nd tier when we one it.
Besides this Hearts side would easily hold their own easily in tier one.

matty_f
01-11-2020, 12:25 AM
Either that or you’re choosing not to see it. Pretty confident I’m right.

First time for everything, I suppose.

hibee92
01-11-2020, 12:27 AM
First time for everything, I suppose.

Much back mate?

hibee92
01-11-2020, 12:29 AM
We were in the 2nd tier when we one it.
Besides this Hearts side would easily hold their own easily in tier one.

They won 4 games last season and lost players. They have a worse squad 😂

hibee92
01-11-2020, 12:30 AM
Yet again you're loving this. Pitiful. Away and watch hearts every week in the championship you absolute waste of life.

Grow up mate. I remember calling folk Jambos as an insult when I was 14 tae. Nice to see you wrote it down 😂

matty_f
01-11-2020, 12:31 AM
Much back mate?

?

hibee92
01-11-2020, 12:32 AM
?

Christ. Never mind mate.

Deejk107
01-11-2020, 12:35 AM
Grow up mate. I remember calling folk Jambos as an insult when I was 14 tae. Nice to see you wrote it down 😂

You're so gleeful hearts won it's hard to not think you're a jambo. I don't imagine you'd be turning round at Easter road and sticking the boot into hibs fans when we're hurting. Typical boomer keyboard warrior. Doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as us never mind watch our ****ing team
You're an embarrassment.

hibee92
01-11-2020, 12:36 AM
You're so gleeful hearts won it's hard to not think you're a jambo. I don't imagine you'd be turning round at Easter road and sticking the boot into hibs fans when we're hurting. Typical boomer keyboard warrior. Doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as us never mind watch our ****ing team
You're an embarrassment.

Hahaha Jesus Christ mate is someone with you? Do you need me to phone someone? 😂😂😂

Deejk107
01-11-2020, 12:38 AM
Hahaha Jesus Christ mate is someone with you? Do you need me to phone someone? 😂😂😂

Again you're so happy we lost and so quick to put the boot in. Away back to kickback Craig we know it's you.

hibee92
01-11-2020, 12:39 AM
Again you're so happy we lost and so quick to put the boot in. Away back to kickback Craig we know it's you.

Craig? Aw like levein? That’s superb mate must be very proud of that. Weird wee laddie.

HNA1
01-11-2020, 12:39 AM
Guys can you quit the bickering or you’re going to find yourselves unable to post much longer.

500miles
01-11-2020, 07:52 AM
We’re heart of Midlothian’s gimps.

Hmmmmm, that sounds like Jambo patter to me. Unless you like getting leathered up in your spare time of course.

Since452
01-11-2020, 07:58 AM
All these Jambos that said they weren't bothered about the same are now ripping us to shreds and rightly so. Absolutely unbelievable result for them. Sickening.

Mr Grieves
01-11-2020, 07:59 AM
We were beaten and I was a bit pissed off last night. Humiliated? Nah.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2020, 08:03 AM

What big games? The 2 Scottish cup ties? I'd trade them in a second to have won the 3 at Hampden.

Lee Marvin
01-11-2020, 08:19 AM
For those that suggest that it's not a mentality problem, can they please explain why out record over the last years is nothing short of deplorable?

If it isn't mentality, it can only be the fact that they are a much bigger club who continually out perform us?? As if you looked at the derby record in isolation, one would conclude that one team are significantly bigger than the other (which we all know is not true).

So if it isn't mentality, what is it?

Brightside
01-11-2020, 08:20 AM
All these Jambos that said they weren't bothered about the same are now ripping us to shreds and rightly so. Absolutely unbelievable result for them. Sickening.

Does that really bother you? It’s a game of football. Suck it up and move on.

Joe Baker2
01-11-2020, 08:27 AM
Ross doesn't understand the derby. His way of dealing with the pressure is to pretend it's just another match. It ain't Jack and your coat's on a shoogly peg if you continue to think like that. We went into that game last night with the wrong mindset and that's the manager's doing.

Heisenberg
01-11-2020, 08:29 AM
Ross doesn't understand the derby. His way of dealing with the pressure is to pretend it's just another match. It ain't Jack and your coat's on a shoogly peg if you continue to think like that. We went into that game last night with the wrong mindset and that's the manager's doing.

How do you know what mindset we went in with? Do you know what Ross said to the players?

Before the game Ross literally said how big a game it was and they knew what was at stake. We lost but I don’t think it’s because we were just treating it like any other game. We lost because we didn’t take our chances. Simple.

superfurryhibby
01-11-2020, 08:35 AM
I’ll leave the humiliation to the self abusers. I was gutted but so what, it’s just a daft game.

Nah, **** that , no way am I missing oot on a chance to cream myself in the rancidness of defeat. Ah ****in hate Hibs, cuntz are a bunch ae ****ty arsed losers. I was cursed from birth by being brainwashed into supporting this shower of ****, ma ****ing Grandad bred a line of ****ing losers, we’re cursed and you ***** are doomed.

spikey66
01-11-2020, 09:15 AM
Well said. Im sick of them always wanting to win the derby more than us. Heads should roll for this but wont. Spewing at the moment.

Since452
01-11-2020, 09:20 AM
I'm not sure if it's because they wanted it more. We ****ed the chances we had and they showed us how to score a penalty. It was wave after wave at times. It happens but it's completely deflating and sickening it happened againt them

neil7908
01-11-2020, 09:22 AM
I’ll leave the humiliation to the self abusers. I was gutted but so what, it’s just a daft game.

Nah, **** that , no way am I missing oot on a chance to cream myself in the rancidness of defeat. Ah ****in hate Hibs, cuntz are a bunch ae ****ty arsed losers. I was cursed from birth by being brainwashed into supporting this shower of ****, ma ****ing Grandad bred a line of ****ing losers, we’re cursed and you ***** are doomed.

Aye its just a daft game, not sure why I bothered celebrating after SDGs header in 2016.

Hibs and football either means something or it doesn't.

Sorry but I can't personally celebrate the victories without feeling the defeats.

If it's just a daft game I'll spent £100s a year on model, trains, fly fishing or some other daft pursuit instead and save myself a lot of grief.

B.H.F.C
01-11-2020, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure if it's because they wanted it more. We ****ed the chances we had and they showed us how to score a penalty. It was wave after wave at times. It happens but it's completely deflating and sickening it happened againt them

I’m not sure about it being wave after wave. We had chances throughout the game but we struggle to retain the ball and force other teams back. Our best chances came from us breaking forward quickly and we pretty much made a mess of them all.

Turkish Green
01-11-2020, 01:25 PM

So to Americanise, 30% winning percentage.

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2020, 01:30 PM
awk at least we matched them this time, still an embarrassment mind you

Brightside
01-11-2020, 01:38 PM
Aye its just a daft game, not sure why I bothered celebrating after SDGs header in 2016.

Sorry but I can't personally celebrate the victories without feeling the defeats.

If it's just a daft game I'll spent £100s a year on model, trains, fly fishing or some other daft pursuit instead and save myself a lot of grief.

It is just a game though. You are just emotionally connected to it. Some people and obviously massively emotionally affected by it.

superfurryhibby
01-11-2020, 02:11 PM

I've learned to balance celebrating the good times with not over indulging my negative feelings after a bad result. It's all about perspective. Football is an emotional game, I felt the elation of 2016 as much as the next fan, but I'll settle for feeling gutted after last night without succumbing to the full pish the bed experience.

Hibernia&Alba
01-11-2020, 02:35 PM
That lot will love reading this thread, but it's the truth, sadly. Time and again we blow it against them, even when we have a better team. Even yesterday, when we are a division above them, and Hearts aren't match fit, I wasn't at all confident. I said after the game I couldn't even get angry, which is perhaps the worst thing of all. It should hurt like hell, but it seems I've resigned myself to it; I just shrugged and carried on with my evening. It's a pathetic situation.

Hibiza
01-11-2020, 02:45 PM

Scottish cup final
Hammered

Chance to relegate them?

Lost 3-1. Hammered.

Spot on.

HendoDelivered
01-11-2020, 02:52 PM

Scottish cup final
Hammered

Chance to relegate them?

Lost 3-1. Hammered.

Spot on.

EI255
01-11-2020, 03:30 PM

Scottish cup final
Hammered

Chance to relegate them?

Lost 3-1. Hammered.

This won’t change. As a club we’re happy to lose to hearts every game. Otherwise we wouldn’t. Embarrassing. Humiliating. Disgusting.Sadly, this is true.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Waxy
01-11-2020, 03:35 PM
The curse of Robbo
Never got over it
Never will
For once just once we could make our mark as the dominant team in the city and we blow as per usual
Tonight was worse than 5-1This is what it feels like, the Robbo curse.
Only time we ever really got on top of them is when we had our own hammer of the hearts Jason Cummings.

Just_Jimmy
01-11-2020, 04:41 PM
The curse of Robbo
Never got over it
Never will
Tonight was worse than 5-1except is hasn't, it wasnt under McLeish, it wasn't under mowbray all the time and it wasn't under stubbs, it wasn't under Lennon either and Collins destroyed them in the league cup game.

what is obvious is their derby record is heavily influenced by the years of financial doping they conducted. when it's been similar then it's been pretty even. Hibs can also point to numerous piss poor decisions that often go in their favour for some reason - goals not given (foster at Tyne, Griffith's freekick) red cards that should have and we're later etc. numerous times.

as a support we get hysterical about the Derby when actually a lot of the facts don't support it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2020, 04:43 PM
except is hasn't, it wasnt under McLeish, it wasn't under mowbray all the time and it wasn't under stubbs, it wasn't under Lennon either and Collins destroyed them in the league cup game.

what is obvious is their derby record is heavily influenced by the years of financial doping they conducted. when it's been similar then it's been pretty even. Hibs can also point to numerous piss poor decisions that often go in their favour for some reason - goals not given (foster at Tyne, Griffith's freekick) red cards that should have and we're later etc. numerous times.

as a support we get hysterical about the Derby when actually a lot of the facts don't support it.

Na, it was under Lennon. He lost as many as he won against a far poorer side.

The 90+2
01-11-2020, 04:44 PM
Na, it was under Lennon. He lost as many as he won against a far poorer side.

And Mowbray was horsed loads too.

GreenNWhiteArmy
01-11-2020, 04:46 PM
Worse than 5-1 🤣🤣🤣

Since452
01-11-2020, 04:47 PM

Scottish cup final
Hammered

Chance to relegate them?

Lost 3-1. Hammered.

Sad but true

lord bunberry
01-11-2020, 04:52 PM
Worse than 5-1 🤣🤣🤣
I feel more annoyed about this one as well.

Lex7zero
01-11-2020, 05:08 PM

Scottish cup final
Hammered

Chance to relegate them?

Lost 3-1. Hammered.

Yup spot on unfortunately. Wish these players understood just how lucky they are to pull that green jersey on. If only I was 40 years younger and more than than the average amateur player I was. At least I would have taken a few bodies yesterday😁

The 90+2
01-11-2020, 05:15 PM
Hibee92 sums it up tbh and there’s very little argument against. Some people’s mentality of it doesn’t even matter much or unlucky doesn’t help either.

Sammy7nil
03-11-2020, 10:14 PM

Everton

Sir David Gray
03-11-2020, 10:57 PM
Everton

Everton have won 28% of derbies v Liverpool, we have only won 26% of derbies v Hearts.

neil7908
04-11-2020, 05:35 AM
Everton have won 28% of derbies v Liverpool, we have only won 26% of derbies v Hearts.

Again, that is a truly shocking stat that we really shouldn't brush under the carpet.

It isn't just one game on Saturday. We struggle against them time and again. The more I look at the stats the more it's clear to me that there is something innately wrong in the way we approach these games.

erin go bragh
04-11-2020, 07:30 AM

I’d like to see the stats pre 1980’s . Our record since the 80s is crap but we still have the upper hand in the New Year Derby’s 😁
And we didn’t lose half our songs after a Derby defeat .
Yes it’s a sore one but all Derby losses are .

mentalhibee
04-11-2020, 07:35 AM
except is hasn't, it wasnt under McLeish, it wasn't under mowbray all the time and it wasn't under stubbs, it wasn't under Lennon either and Collins destroyed them in the league cup game.

You can add Oli shaws goal that wasn’t given to that list also.

Since452
04-11-2020, 08:00 AM
Think Hearts have won something like 150 to our 80 odd

Sir David Gray
04-11-2020, 08:47 AM

144 v 86.

Keith_M
04-11-2020, 08:48 AM
I get the impression that some people are now enjoying wallowing in their misery.

erin go bragh
04-11-2020, 08:57 AM

It’s bad enough, without you over egging it,in their favour .

matty_f
04-11-2020, 09:22 AM
I get the impression that some people are now enjoying wallowing in their misery.

Feels like it, eh?

Since452
04-11-2020, 09:43 AM
It’s bad enough, without you over egging it,in their favour .

By six lol. It's that bad

Turkish Green
04-11-2020, 09:53 AM
The relegation derby sticks in my craw the most. They were down, already relegated, a team of academy players plus some journeymen under novice Gary Locke. But the defeat started the downward spiral for Terry Butcher. He never recovered, the rest is history.

In truth, winning a derby means so much more to Hearts than Hibs. Butcher hadn't a clue while Locke was steeped in the tradition.

I hate derbies, every last one of them.

James Stephen
04-11-2020, 10:47 AM
144 v 86.

Need to be a bit careful with these stats.

They exclude (I think) a lot of the early and local competitions. And while these competitions are looked down upon now, 150 years ago they mattered and were the equivalent of bread and butter domestic football.

Hearts still have a superior record, but I dont think it is as stark.

Sir David Gray
04-11-2020, 11:00 AM
Need to be a bit careful with these stats.

They exclude (I think) a lot of the early and local competitions. And while these competitions are looked down upon now, 150 years ago they mattered and were the equivalent of bread and butter domestic football.

Hearts still have a superior record, but I dont think it is as stark.

According to the London Hearts website which has a pretty comprehensive record of their entire results, it is;

286 v 206 in favour of Hearts.

matty_f
04-11-2020, 11:02 AM
The relegation derby sticks in my craw the most. They were down, already relegated, a team of academy players plus some journeymen under novice Gary Locke. But the defeat started the downward spiral for Terry Butcher. He never recovered, the rest is history.

In truth, winning a derby means so much more to Hearts than Hibs. Butcher hadn't a clue while Locke was steeped in the tradition.

I hate derbies, every last one of them.

Again, the relegation derby saw us score a legitimate goal that the officials somehow deemed to be offside, a decision proven to be wrong by a considerable margin.

That goal would have made it 1-1 at at time when we were on top of the game. And we were rank rotten at the time as well. Hearts second goal came at the end when we were throwing everything at them.

Hearts' mentality didn't dig them out of that hole, bad officials did.

The 90+2
04-11-2020, 11:11 AM
Again, the relegation derby saw us score a legitimate goal that the officials somehow deemed to be offside, a decision proven to be wrong by a considerable margin.

That goal would have made it 1-1 at at time when we were on top of the game. And we were rank rotten at the time as well. Hearts second goal came at the end when we were throwing everything at them.

Was it the same season Paterson scored a looping header from a throw and they won at Easter Road too?

It’s always bad luck or poor decisions where as it was getting relegated they would easily come to Easter road and win.

The game at Tynie, finally a time to relegate them after years of cheating and we lost and went down too. Then they piss the league.

Before Andy asks what would I do, I genuinely can’t be just bad luck each and every time man.

Turkish Green
04-11-2020, 11:22 AM

Excuses and Wouldhalves/shouldhaves. Yes a legitimate goal was disallowed and would have made it 1-1. But changing the course of the game may also have an impact on Hearts and they score. Who knows.

allmodcons
04-11-2020, 11:25 AM

Of that there is no doubt. There are a number of serious attention seekers on these boards. The cringe worthy 'look at how bad I am hurting' crowd.

I have seen so-called Hibs supporters saying we 'Hibsed it' and referring to us as 'Hearts bitches'. WTF is all that about? Buying in to the narrative of our rivals.

The 90+2
04-11-2020, 11:29 AM
Of that there is no doubt. There are a number of serious attention seekers on these boards. The cringe worthy 'look at how bad I am hurting' crowd.

I have seen so-called Hibs supporters saying we 'Hibsed it' and referring to us as 'Hearts bitches'. WTF is all that about? Buying in to the narrative of our rivals.

Quote one of the second paragraph from a poster on here. Just one.

You’re more of an attention seeker making up crap. But I’m sure you’ll be able to prove me wrong instead of ripping imaginary posters on here.

allmodcons
04-11-2020, 11:38 AM

You’re more of an attention seeker making up crap. But I’m sure you’ll be able to prove me wrong instead of ripping imaginary posters on here.

How ****ing dare you accuse me of making things up. I have seen both those terms used by posters since the derby defeat but if you think i am going to troll through all of the ***** that gets posted on here to show you where they are you have another thing coming.

allmodcons
04-11-2020, 11:41 AM

Actually 90+2 here is one! Now shut the **** up.

The 90+2
How ****ing dare you accuse me of making things up. I have seen both those terms used by posters since the derby defeat but if you think i am going to troll through all of the ***** that gets posted on here to show you where they are you have another thing coming.

Quote one then. Simple.

Peevemor

I definitely saw the "Hibsed it" thing.

The 90+2
04-11-2020, 11:42 AM
Actually 90+2 here is one! Now shut the **** up.

Only one acting like a bitch and lying while abusing others is you, friend.

The 90+2
04-11-2020, 11:43 AM

I’ve not at all. Or anyone mentioning we are their bitches. I say that because both are unacceptable language and I would remember it.

allmodcons
04-11-2020, 11:43 AM
Quote one then. Simple.

Check the post above from Since452 and take back your comments about me lying.

allmodcons
04-11-2020, 11:45 AM
I’ve not at all. Or anyone mentioning we are their bitches. I say that because both are unacceptable language and I would remember it.

Your memory is not very good!

Peevemor
04-11-2020, 11:46 AM

Maybe you didn't but I definitely did, as did another poster who remarked that it wasn't an expression that a Hibs supporter would use.

I have neither the inclination nor the time to search for it, but I trust you're not going to suggest that I'm making things up.

allmodcons
04-11-2020, 11:46 AM

:agree: 100%

I don't mind a debate but won't be accused of lying or making things up.

The 90+2
04-11-2020, 11:48 AM
Check the post above from Since452 and take back your comments about me lying.

You said posters. Plural. Not just one person.

But for the above I do apologise and it’s ridiculous behaviour.

My issue is people looking like they are using Saturday to rip into other posters. I’m sorry for calling you a liar. Genuinely.

The 90+2
04-11-2020, 11:49 AM
Maybe you didn't but I definitely did, as did another poster who remarked that it wasn't an expression that a Hibs supporter would use.

I have neither the inclination nor the time to search for it, but I trust you're not going to suggest that I'm making things up.

After my post above of course not.

Again, my only issue is with Hibs fans ripping into each other.

superfurryhibby
04-11-2020, 11:50 AM

Have you read the quoted post?

You need to start engaging your eyes and brain before dishing out the insults.

matty_f
04-11-2020, 11:51 AM
Excuses and Wouldhalves/shouldhaves. Yes a legitimate goal was disallowed and would have made it 1-1. But changing the course of the game may also have an impact on Hearts and they score. Who knows.

Yeah who knows - but we're not talking about a goal being disallowed because of something we've done - all the players on the pitch can do is their job and try and score - they did their part in this instance.

Of course the game could have swung back in Hearts' favour, we'll never know, but we can say as a cast iron fact that we had a good goal disallowed and that impacted the result.

It wasn't mentality that stopped us scoring in that game, or some mad jinx, or Hearts wanting it more (they never wanted to defend that incident more than we wanted to score...).

That's the point I'm making. Folk throw that game up as evidence of weakness on our part and it's bull****.

The 90+2
04-11-2020, 11:53 AM
Have you read the quoted post?

You need to start engaging your eyes and brain before dishing out the insults.

Yes. And that’s why I’ve apologised. Try reading the rest of the thread if you’re youre going to do similar to me.

allmodcons
04-11-2020, 11:56 AM
You said posters. Plural. Not just one person.

But for the above I do apologise and it’s ridiculous behaviour.

My issue is people looking like they are using Saturday to rip into other posters. I’m sorry for calling you a liar. Genuinely.

I can't trace the 'hibsed it' quote but it was defo posted over the weekend so it was posters plural.

Buying in to their narrative really pisses me off.

Thanks for the apology. I don't expect everyone to agree with what I say but, rest assured, I have no need or inclination to lie about anything, let alone football.

matty_f
04-11-2020, 11:58 AM
I can't trace the 'hibsed it' quote but it was defo posted over the weekend so it was posters plural.

Thanks for the apology. I don't expect everyone to agree with what I say but, rest assured, I have no need or inclination to lie about anything, let alone football.

It 100% was, we discussed it on the admin board so I can back that up. I can't remember the specific post or poster without going to check it, but I can say for certain that I saw it.

The 90+2
04-11-2020, 12:05 PM

It would me too if I seen it tbh.

No worries, sorry if offended. The irony I was not liking others being insulted mate. 💚

The 90+2
04-11-2020, 12:06 PM
It 100% was, we discussed it on the admin board so I can back that up. I can't remember the specific post or poster without going to check it, but I can say for certain that I saw it.

Name and shame Matthew 😀.

Seriously that’s poor form, as was my posts.

heretoday
04-11-2020, 12:10 PM
Get Jason Cummings back! Someone with a bit of devilment about him anyway.

matty_f
04-11-2020, 12:11 PM
Name and shame Matthew 😀.

Seriously that’s poor form, as was my posts.

:greengrin

I honestly don't recall who it was.

Iggy Pope
04-11-2020, 12:13 PM
This thread has panned out very fittingly to its title. And we say that Hearts are a strange bunch.

stantonhibby
04-11-2020, 12:17 PM

7.45pm on match day thread....JXM73 posted this

Refund me my membership and I'll leave gladly, we bottLed it plain and simple...again and again..it's a trend we hibsed it.. dry yer eyes..

superfurryhibby
04-11-2020, 12:18 PM
Yes. And that’s why I’ve apologised. Try reading the rest of the thread if you’re youre going to do similar to me.

Your apology wasn’t there when I posted.

There is obviously a lag between posts being written and getting posted.

You’re a prolific poster and often at the wind-up. Not sure where you get the energy from, but I’ve had enough. You can go on the naughty step, along with others like you.

The 90+2
04-11-2020, 12:40 PM
Your apology wasn’t there when I posted.

There is obviously a lag between posts being written and getting posted.

You’re a prolific poster and often at the wind-up. Not sure where you get the energy from, but I’ve had enough. You can go on the naughty step, along with others like you.

No problem.

I’m not at the wind up, sorry you feel that way as because although you come across angrily when you don’t agree with others I do actually enjoy your posts

Keith_M
04-11-2020, 12:55 PM
Admins:

Would it be possible to merge all of the In Need Of Psychotherapy After The Derby threads?

At the last count, there was ten on the first page.

Snedz
04-11-2020, 02:48 PM
Hi fellow Hibs supporters.

I was gutted at losing and in all honesty felt we deserved to win the match. The referee was brutal, gave them non existent free kicks constantly and was biased towards hearts throughout imo. A few of our players didn't perform to their optimum but in saying that the conditions were tough and on another day we'd have won fairly comfortably. Humiliating is overdramatic for me as derby games don't always go the way of the team in the better league/position.

Over it now and roll on Friday, hopefully take something against the Dons in what is a very important league match. Tough one but an opportunity for the club to redeem itself after last weeks loss.

:flag:

Keith_M
04-11-2020, 02:57 PM
Hi fellow Hibs supporters.

I was gutted at losing and in all honesty felt we deserved to win the match. The referee was brutal, gave them non existent free kicks constantly and was biased towards hearts throughout imo. A few of our players didn't perform to their optimum but in saying that the conditions were tough and on another day we'd have won fairly comfortably. Humiliating is overdramatic for me as derby games don't always go the way of the team in the better league/position.

Over it now and roll on Friday, hopefully take something against the Dons in what is a very important league match. Tough one but an opportunity for the club to redeem itself after last weeks loss.

:flag:

Welcome to the mad house!

:greengrin

allmodcons
04-11-2020, 04:09 PM
7.45pm on match day thread....JXM73 posted this

Refund me my membership and I'll leave gladly, we bottLed it plain and simple...again and again..it's a trend we hibsed it.. dry yer eyes..

I'll send you a tenner!

The 90+2
04-11-2020, 04:21 PM
I'll send you a tenner!

Nae need I said I was sorry 🤣🤣🤣🤣

One Day Soon
04-11-2020, 04:26 PM
'hibsed it' 'bitches'. :rolleyes:

Get a ****ing grip. And dry the bed if you're going to empty your bladder in it.