PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian. The team that keeps giving.

Wellbankhibby
31-10-2020, 08:59 PM
After watching us capitulate once again against that lot I have come to the conclusion that we seldom go into battle against them with any confidence or belief. As a footballing side we are miles against them but my god we just don't perform against them. Yes they kicked us off the park as usual and the officials gave us no protection at all. Halliday should have been straight red card and as for their penalty never in a million years. As far as I'm concerned we lost that game ourselves as we have no belief in ourselves. Our so called big players did not perform at all and even if we finish high up in the league it won't make up for tonight's disappointment. Disgraceful performance against them. No wonder their supporters Management and Budge will be laughing at us. Yet again an early Xmas present to them. Absolutely disgusted and embarrassed losing to them again. Laughing stock.
sick listening to Everone who make excuses for us. It's a Disgrace them beating us again.

The Harp Awakes
31-10-2020, 10:03 PM
After watching us capitulate once again against that lot I have come to the conclusion that we seldom go into battle against them with any confidence or belief. As a footballing side we are miles against them but my god we just don't perform against them. Yes they kicked us off the park as usual and the officials gave us no protection at all. Halliday should have been straight red card and as for their penalty never in a million years. As far as I'm concerned we lost that game ourselves as we have no belief in ourselves. Our so called big players did not perform at all and even if we finish high up in the league it won't make up for tonight's disappointment. Disgraceful performance against them. No wonder their supporters Management and Budge will be laughing at us. Yet again an early Xmas present to them. Absolutely disgusted and embarrassed losing to them again. Laughing stock.
sick listening to Everone who make excuses for us. It's a Disgrace them beating us again.

Hard to disagree.

There's only been a few Hibs' managers/HC's in my lifetime who have been able to motivate our players against them enough to have a good record. Turnbull and McLeish are the few who spring to mind.

Definitely is an attitude problem. We should have used the Cup win in 2016 to get rid of the soft underbelly, and although we have been pretty solid this season in the league, the soft mentality remains in big games.

We can't seem to handle teams who are 100% motivated and do the nasty stuff well - our results against Hearts and Aberdeen over the years prove we can't cope with that type of opponent.

We're too nice and our mentality needs to change if we want to win games like tonight's consistently.

where'stheslope
01-11-2020, 02:49 PM
Once again we lose a game and supporters keep saying they kicked us off the park?
Just look at the games statistics, they fouled 27 times, we fouled 28 times!
It adds up to we went into battle rather than trying to use our skill to overwhelm them!
Penalty breaks were even, unfortunately they scored theirs, we couldn't.
We were caught out at their first goal, man left in space at the back post, we replied with a Doidge header that looked offside, but we took it.
After the equaliser we should have gone on and won the game, but yet again we tried to battle rather than put the foot on the ball.
Its just a part of being a supporter of this club, we look for gold, but it more often than not, its just that wee bit to hard to grasp!!!

Jones28
01-11-2020, 02:50 PM
They didn’t kick us off the park. It wasn’t that kind of game.

Wellbankhibby
01-11-2020, 06:23 PM
They didn’t kick us off the park. It wasn’t that kind of game.

Did you see that foul by Halliday. You would get the jail if you did that off the park. THEY ALWAYS KICK Us Off the Park. ALWAYS

Jones28
02-11-2020, 08:03 AM
Did you see that foul by Halliday. You would get the jail if you did that off the park. THEY ALWAYS KICK Us Off the Park. ALWAYS

We fouled them more than they fouled us.

heidtheba
02-11-2020, 08:08 AM
Once again we lose a game and supporters keep saying they kicked us off the park?
Just look at the games statistics, they fouled 27 times, we fouled 28 times!
It adds up to we went into battle rather than trying to use our skill to overwhelm them!
Penalty breaks were even, unfortunately they scored theirs, we couldn't.
We were caught out at their first goal, man left in space at the back post, we replied with a Doidge header that looked offside, but we took it.
After the equaliser we should have gone on and won the game, but yet again we tried to battle rather than put the foot on the ball.
Its just a part of being a supporter of this club, we look for gold, but it more often than not, its just that wee bit to hard to grasp!!!

Agree with all of this. I've seen Hearts sides kick us off the park on many occasions, this wasn't one of them. We weren't composed and didn't play to our strengths. Boyle didn't have a great game and would have given us that extra edge if he had been on form. Their goalkeeper was the difference. I'd have been screaming at the TV if the Doidge goal had been for them. Both penalties were soft as (and that's being polite about it). We weren't rotten. The players didn't throw in the towel. We relied a bit on luck happening (and it didn't happen for us) and we didn't make our own luck. I've felt bitter about a lot of games against Hearts. That one on Saturday? Just was what it was.

scottish_sleepy
02-11-2020, 01:03 PM
To be fair the majority of our "fouls" were for their players throwing their hands in the air and falling to their knees whenever anyone went near them.
We really need to get more streetwise and do exactly the same thing back. Any contact at all fall down and make a big show of it.

Kato
02-11-2020, 01:26 PM
We fouled them more than they fouled us.Fouls were given for next to nothing though, unless its leading up to Hearts goal.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Frazerbob
02-11-2020, 01:29 PM
Capitulate?

EI255
02-11-2020, 01:55 PM
Hard to disagree, although the early Xmas present is gonna be from Celtic whipping them. No medals for runners up remember.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Jones28
02-11-2020, 03:01 PM
Fouls were given for next to nothing though, unless its leading up to Hearts goal.

We can't have it both ways. Moan about being kicked off the park, whilst complaining that all our fouls were given for nothing - despite getting a penalty for what was if not a dive, accidental minimal contact.

Makes us sound bitter.

Kato
02-11-2020, 03:40 PM
We can't have it both ways. Moan about being kicked off the park, whilst complaining that all our fouls were given for nothing - despite getting a penalty for what was if not a dive, accidental minimal contact.

Makes us sound bitter.

I never claimed we were kicked off the park.

Jones28
02-11-2020, 06:31 PM
I never claimed we were kicked off the park.

So what was your point? Our fouls weren’t as fouly as theirs?

Kato
02-11-2020, 07:46 PM
So what was your point? Our fouls weren’t as fouly as theirs?

My point is a lot of their fouls were just them dropping to their knees if a Hibs player was near them. They've been doing since Alex McDonald was manager and referees just never pick up on it or go along with. However many fouls were given against Hibs doesn't reflect how many fouls were actually committed.

matty_f
02-11-2020, 08:25 PM
To be fair the majority of our "fouls" were for their players throwing their hands in the air and falling to their knees whenever anyone went near them.
We really need to get more streetwise and do exactly the same thing back. Any contact at all fall down and make a big show of it.

Collum gave hearts free kicks whenever they told him to and was happy to turn a blind eye to a few fouls on us.

02-11-2020, 08:36 PM
Capitulate?

That was where I stopped reading.

Spike Mandela
02-11-2020, 08:41 PM
If your going to support a football team you need to accept that sometimes your team will win, sometimes they will lose. Sometimes they play well, sometimes they play poorly. Sometimes they get lucky, sometimes they are unlucky.

This constant hand wringing every time things go against us is really tiresome. It’s a sport, it has ups and downs, get over it.

cookin_on_gaz
02-11-2020, 08:43 PM
In what way did we capitulate? Craig Gordon got man of the match for several good saves and we matched up to them physically. The only difference between the teams was we missed our penalty and they scored theirs. Hardly capitulation!

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

Andy74
02-11-2020, 08:44 PM
If your going to support a football team you need to accept that sometimes your team will win, sometimes they will lose. Sometimes they play well, sometimes they play poorly. Sometimes they get lucky, sometimes they are unlucky.

This constant hand wringing every time things go against us is really tiresome. It’s a sport, it has ups and downs, get over it.

Well said.

Jones28
03-11-2020, 07:44 AM
My point is a lot of their fouls were just them dropping to their knees if a Hibs player was near them. They've been doing since Alex McDonald was manager and referees just never pick up on it or go along with. However many fouls were given against Hibs doesn't reflect how many fouls were actually committed.

The foul is committed when the referee gives it. Our own Joe Newall's penalty was soft at best, so I don't think we should be throwing around excuses of that nature.

You'd think after 40 years we would be a bit more wise to it. I don't believe that referees haven't in all that time been ignoring what they do. We need to address our own failings from Saturday - not taking our chances when they came along and poor decision making in key areas. If we do that we progress in normal time comfortably.

Kato
03-11-2020, 08:26 AM
The foul is committed when the referee gives it. Our own Joe Newall's penalty was soft at best, so I don't think we should be throwing around excuses of that nature.

You'd think after 40 years we would be a bit more wise to it. I don't believe that referees haven't in all that time been ignoring what they do. We need to address our own failings from Saturday - not taking our chances when they came along and poor decision making in key areas. If we do that we progress in normal time comfortably.No point telling me this. A foul is given when the referee decides, that doesn't mean a foul has been committed.

If you can't see that tactic from them whenever we play them you haven't been watching the last 100 or so derbies.

Jones28
03-11-2020, 08:32 AM
No point telling me this. A foul is given when the referee decides, that doesn't mean a foul has been committed.

If you can't see that tactic from them whenever we play them you haven't been watching the last 100 or so derbies.

Oh I know what they do, Steven Pressley was masterful at it. So why have we not wised up to it? If it's been a tactic for so long why don't we counter act it?

mcfly
03-11-2020, 08:37 AM
At the end of the day they expect to win derbies
We just hope.

That’s the difference and until someone at hibs drills it into players that we don’t lose derbies it won’t change.

It’s just not good enough. The fans back the club in record numbers in a pandemic and are let down again.

Kato
03-11-2020, 08:53 AM
Oh I know what they do, Steven Pressley was masterful at it. So why have we not wised up to it? If it's been a tactic for so long why don't we counter act it?Lack of continuity? If any Hibs manager wanted to know how to handle it, or at least get a heads up on it they would have to ask the fans as we seem to be the only faction within the club who realise what goes on.

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 09:00 AM
Lack of continuity? If any Hibs manager wanted to know how to handle it, or at least get a heads up on it they would have to ask the fans as we seem to be the only faction within the club who realise what goes on.

Jack Ross better than any other Hibs manager should know the score and how they build up to a derby and their game plan. Was he not in the hearts dugout when we lost at pbs having ironically missed a pen?

Jonnyboy
03-11-2020, 09:14 AM

This

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 09:27 AM

What you really mean is if you’re going to support Hibs you have to accept that we will lose more derbies than win and lose more big games and be let down more irregardless of the situation?

I really don’t get the plain acceptance from some like it’s just normal so accept it and move on. Saturday wasn’t St Johnstone away it was hearts in the league below in the Scottish cup Semi final.

Andy74
03-11-2020, 09:38 AM
What you really mean is if you’re going to support Hibs you have to accept that we will lose more derbies than win and lose more big games and be let down more irregardless of the situation?

I really don’t get the plain acceptance from some like it’s just normal so accept it and move on. Saturday wasn’t St Johnstone away it was hearts in the league below in the Scottish cup Semi final.

So, personally, what are you going to do now?

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 09:57 AM
So, personally, what are you going to do now?

Make excuses and pretend it doesn’t really matter because I’m used to it?

Andy74
03-11-2020, 10:06 AM
Make excuses and pretend it doesn’t really matter because I’m used to it?

You were suggesting you weren’t going to accept it. That would ordinarily mean there are some repercussions or actions that you are going to take to follow up on your non acceptance.

I’m going to accept the result because it is done and there is nothing I can control about it now. I also can’t control or do anything about our historical derby record. That is done too.

Equally the current players can’t do anything about previous games and reference to them is pointless.

That doesn’t mean I’m happy about previous results or this one. Being a football supporter I’m generally going to be happy or unhappy every week. currently this team are doing more to make me happy than unhappy. Wasn’t to be this week. What should I be doing though in response? Perhaps a strongly worded letter to them?

I’m interested to know what you’re going to do.

Peevemor
03-11-2020, 10:11 AM
You were suggesting you weren’t going to accept it. That would ordinarily mean there are some repercussions or actions that you are going to take to follow up on your non acceptance.

I’m going to accept the result because it is done and there is nothing I can control about it now. I also can’t control or do anything about our historical derby record. That is done too.

Equally the current players can’t do anything about previous games and reference to them is pointless.

That doesn’t mean I’m happy about previous results or this one. Being a football supporter I’m generally going to be happy or unhappy every week. currently this team are doing more to make me happy than unhappy. Wasn’t to be this week. What should I be doing though in response? Perhaps a strongly worded letter to them?

I was making the same points on Saturday night while some folk were going bananas.

Short of buying the club or stopping supporting Hibs, what can you do to "not accept" things?

tamig
03-11-2020, 10:13 AM

I’m always intrigued by the number of folk who come on after another derby defeat and tell everyone how its unacceptable and they’re not going to accept it. But as you say, wtf does that even mean? Nobody ever comes up with an action to demonstrate that unacceptability. Mental.

stantonhibby
03-11-2020, 10:13 AM

Re your last sentence i suspect the answer is to continue to whinge and greet on here.

stantonhibby
03-11-2020, 10:16 AM
I was making the same points on Saturday night while some folk were going bananas.

Short of buying the club or stopping supporting Hibs, what can you do to "not accept" things?

It was a competition on here on Sat to be the angriest poster. If you didn't join in or try to post some rational comment you apparently accepted the result which was not acceptable or something like that.

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 10:17 AM

There’s not much as a supporter you can generally do except vent frustrations on such platforms such as here and share the hurt with other fellow fans. What I won’t do is slag any Hibs fan ever for hurting after her another loss to them. Which is what there’s been plenty of since Saturday.

Guys like me aren’t the issue anyway. It’s the others that will simply say nothing and end up not renewing a season ticket or just walk past the new Hibs shop that would probably be packed this week had we won on Saturday but somehow you can’t see the significance of that.

One day we might turn up when it really matters against them again and give us all major bragging rights probably not with the attitude of it being just another game or we should just accept it because it’s happened before.

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 10:19 AM
I’m always intrigued by the number of folk who come on after another derby defeat and tell everyone how its unacceptable and they’re not going to accept it. But as you say, wtf does that even mean? Nobody ever comes up with an action to demonstrate that unacceptability. Mental.

What do you expect people who are hurting like hell to do? Change the subject on a hibs forum and start discussing River City?

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 10:20 AM
It was a competition on here on Sat to be the angriest poster. If you didn't join in or try to post some rational comment you apparently accepted the result which was not acceptable or something like that.

Not it was a competition on here on Saturday to see who could rip into hurting supporters most.

You weren’t angry on Saturday at all, no?

Peevemor
03-11-2020, 10:21 AM
What do you expect people who are hurting like hell to do? Change the subject on a hibs forum and start discussing River City?

You don't need to have a pop at other posters with stuff like "I can't believe you're accepting that!". As said before, it makes no sense.

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 10:22 AM
You don't need to have a pop at other posters with stuff like "I can't believe you're accepting that!". As said before, it makes no sense.

Instead of directly having a go at Hibs fans deeply upset about some of the players performances in a national semi final against lower league hearts?

Peevemor
03-11-2020, 10:27 AM
Instead of directly having a go at Hibs fans deeply upset about some of the players performances in a national semi final against lower league hearts?

For "directly having a go at Hibs fans deeply upset about some of the players performances", read "defending players, some of whom may not have had their best game on Saturday, but didn't deserve the abuse they were getting, sometimes in their own, dedicated threads".

I take being a supporter pretty literally.

stantonhibby
03-11-2020, 10:29 AM
Not it was a competition on here on Saturday to see who could rip into hurting supporters most.

You weren’t angry on Saturday at all, no?

Yep....was absolutely gutted....still am.

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 10:46 AM
For "directly having a go at Hibs fans deeply upset about some of the players performances", read "defending players, some of whom may not have had their best game on Saturday, but didn't deserve the abuse they were getting, sometimes in their own, dedicated threads".

I take being a supporter pretty literally.

Some was, admittedly. But because you don’t agree you made it personal against others, literally.

That’s not supporting the club either, not when there was nothing constructive in some of the replies.

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 10:46 AM
Yep....was absolutely gutted....still am.

👍

Peevemor
03-11-2020, 11:07 AM
Some was, admittedly. But because you don’t agree you made it personal against others, literally.

That’s not supporting the club either, not when there was nothing constructive in some of the replies.

???

Wellbankhibby
03-11-2020, 07:25 PM
In what way did we capitulate? Craig Gordon got man of the match for several good saves and we matched up to them physically. The only difference between the teams was we missed our penalty and they scored theirs. Hardly capitulation!

Majority of times we face them we never play to our strengths. Hampden is a big Park with wide open spaces. We are and will always be classed as a good footballing team but we play into there hands every time. Why not play two wingers and attack them. Move the ball quickly. Yes Gordon had a few decent saves but we didn't play well at all. We have never beaten them at Hampden 5.1, 4.0 and even Saturday against them another capitulation. Not enough effort, little football second to most balls Pathetic and we are supposed to accept it. It's a joke losing to them. We make them look good. Even last season they beat us twice in the league. The chance was there to humiliate them and yet again the team let us down. For what it's worth I think they are a very average side yes they hammered Dundee but looked vulnerable also Arbroath should have beaten them. I have my opinion and yet again They let our supporters down. Not good enough to say we will learn from this. We never do. Not Good Enough Hibs. Capitulation yet again against the hammer throwers.

Wellbankhibby
03-11-2020, 08:03 PM

Majority of times we face them we never play to our strengths. Hampden is a big Park with wide open spaces. We are and will always be classed as a good footballing team but we play into there hands every time. Why not play two wingers and attack them. Move the ball quickly. Yes Gordon had a few decent saves but we didn't play well at all. We have never beaten them at Hampden 5.1, 4.0 and even Saturday against them another capitulation. Not enough effort, little football second to most balls Pathetic and we are supposed to accept it. It's a joke losing to them. We make them look good. Even last season they beat us twice in the league. The chance was there to humiliate them and yet again the team let us down. For what it's worth I think they are a very average side yes they hammered Dundee but looked vulnerable also Arbroath should have beaten them. I have my opinion and yet again They let our supporters down. Not good enough to say we will learn from this. We never do. Not Good Enough Hibs. Capitulation yet again against the hammer throwers.

tamig
03-11-2020, 09:52 PM

The point was you and others saying you weren’t going to accept it. Does that simply mean coming on here and letting off steam? I was raging after the game as we’d let s glorious chance slip. I didn’t say it was unacceptable because the only real alternative is to walk away and pack it in. Which is not an option for me. So this unacceptable stuff just doesn’t make any sense to me - unless you can afford to buy the club and change things - or give them up.

No sure what River City has to do with anything.