PDA

View Full Version : Nesbit scores the penalty and we win.

California-Hibs
31-10-2020, 08:07 PM
Its really that simple. Hearts rode their luck, its sickening. Gordon produced a save first half most keepers wouldn't have. I actually don't think we played as bad as folk are making out. On another night Nesbit scores and we're in the final. We were also denied a stonewaller on Newell earlier.

It has to be acknowledged they don't have Championship level players, they were always going to be a threat in the final third. We were the team who always looked most likely to score.

Typical cliché of you don't take your chances you reap what you sow.

We let them off the hook big time!

Radium
31-10-2020, 08:15 PM
I think that it is simpler, if we take the two chances in the first half we take the game out of reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magpie
31-10-2020, 08:16 PM
One of those penalties where if it goes in it’s a superb penalty, but at that stage of the game just make sure you get it on target.

Speedy
31-10-2020, 08:17 PM
Craig Gordon was the difference. Big save, made Nisbet try to do more to beat him.

Really not much else between the teams. Life goes on.

SneakersO'Toole
But we didn't so what is even the point....

S4uzee
He didn’t score it though so what’s your point

Nakedmanoncrack
31-10-2020, 08:18 PM
Aye, but he didn't!
This mentality, of excepting defeat, time after time is mental.

gaz1875
31-10-2020, 08:18 PM
One of those penalties where if it goes in it’s a superb penalty, but at that stage of the game just make sure you get it on target.

All his other penalties if I remember have been low across the grass, ideal against someone as tall as Gordon, but he changed his target for some reason.

DTS
31-10-2020, 08:19 PM
We didn’t score the chances, they did.

They looked fitter than us, they created chances that they should’ve done better with as well. Champ squad or not they’ve played 5 games against pish teams we should be at peak fitness and we were terrible tonight. On 3 occasions Porteous passed out of play for corners, Marciano delayed on the ball multiple times and put pressure on us, Nisbet hits a terrible penalty, Boyle ****s up a 3 on 2.

We did let them off the hook as I firmly believe we are better and but we did not show that tonight, pathetic.

Nowhere near good enough tonight from anyone involved with the first team at hibs and it can’t be disguised

Since452
31-10-2020, 08:20 PM
He didn't though. I'm afraid we monumentally cocked it up resulting in one of our most embarrassing defeats to them

GordonHFC
31-10-2020, 08:20 PM
I might take pelters for this but as good a shot stopper as Marciano is he puts us into so much trouble due to his awful distribution and in particularly with his terrible kick outs.

loanheadhibby
31-10-2020, 08:21 PM
If my auntie had balls she’d be my uncle.

Since452
31-10-2020, 08:22 PM
I might take pelters for this but as good a shot stopper as Marciano is he puts us into so much trouble due to his awful distribution and in particularly with his terrible kick outs.

The number of times a Hearts player almost closed him down when he had the ball at his feet was frightening

MWHIBBIES
31-10-2020, 08:24 PM
Boring. If this, if that. What happening to us scudding them?

Fact is we lost another massive game. Lost. Out the cup. To Hearts. Again at Hampden. Gash.

I'm sick to ****ing death of bouncing back from these results.

No one called Nesbit plays for Hibs either.

green day
31-10-2020, 08:26 PM
Bull**** thread.

Nisbet had hit all his pens low in the corner.

This one? Top right and high....................

Massive mistake.

Chorley Hibee
31-10-2020, 08:26 PM
He didn't score though, and yet again we lost.

That's all we need to know.

Fed up of the excuses, just ****ing beat them, it's not as if they're even a decent side.

B.H.F.C
31-10-2020, 08:30 PM
If Magennis hadn’t missed the chance to put us 1 up. If Nisbet had scored his header. If Dodge has actually headered the ball instead of letting it bounce of his arm. We’d have been 1 up and probably won. Then at 1-1 m, Boyle makes a mess of putting Nisbet in. Then Nisbet makes a mess of the penalty.

Apart from all that, we were just unlucky.

We’re meant to be good going forward. It’s just that not many of our players score. Nisbet was crap tonight. Hasn’t been often. Any chance Newell, Magennis, Murphy, Boyle etc might chip in from time to time?

truehibernian
31-10-2020, 08:31 PM
We didn’t score the chances, they did.

They looked fitter than us, they created chances that they should’ve done better with as well. Champ squad or not they’ve played 5 games against pish teams we should be at peak fitness and we were terrible tonight. On 3 occasions Porteous passed out of play for corners, Marciano delayed on the ball multiple times and put pressure on us, Nisbet hits a terrible penalty, Boyle ****s up a 3 on 2.

We did let them off the hook as I firmly believe we are better and but we did not show that tonight, pathetic.

Nowhere near good enough tonight from anyone involved with the first team at hibs and it can’t be disguised

It's why no big clubs will come in for him - good shot stopper, absolutely horrendous from feet - can't believe this has gone unnoticed in-house but intuitive kicking and movement is hard to coach. His level is with us, sadly, and until he comes out his comfort zone and really pushes himself, he'll not go beyond where he is. Has the potential to be a superb keeper, strikes me as a keeper who has a somewhat lackadaisical approach to games. Puts us under pressure way too much with his poor distribution.

Since452
31-10-2020, 08:46 PM
It's why no big clubs will come in for him - good shot stopper, absolutely horrendous from feet - can't believe this has gone unnoticed in-house but intuitive kicking and movement is hard to coach. His level is with us, sadly, and until he comes out his comfort zone and really pushes himself, he'll not go beyond where he is. Has the potential to be a superb keeper, strikes me as a keeper who has a somewhat lackadaisical approach to games. Puts us under pressure way too much with his poor distribution.

He infuriated me today. Slowed the tempo down whenever he had the ball.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-10-2020, 10:40 PM
Its really that simple. Hearts rode their luck, its sickening. Gordon produced a save first half most keepers wouldn't have. I actually don't think we played as bad as folk are making out. On another night Nesbit scores and we're in the final. We were also denied a stonewaller on Newell earlier.

It has to be acknowledged they don't have Championship level players, they were always going to be a threat in the final third. We were the team who always looked most likely to score.

He missed.

MrRobot
31-10-2020, 10:54 PM
it’s abysmal that we lost whether or not he scores the penalty. they are in the division below, it shouldn’t come down to what was never a penalty in the first place. typical hibs to **** it in a big game.

horrible performance.

LaMotta
31-10-2020, 11:15 PM
His name is ****in Nisbet ffs!!!!! Why do people keep getting this wrong:brickwall:rotflmao:

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-10-2020, 11:18 PM
His name is ****in Nisbet ffs!!!!! Why do people keep getting this wrong:brickwall:rotflmao:

Very reasonable point, I just assume folk would know.

Michael
31-10-2020, 11:20 PM
Craig Gordon was the difference. Big save, made Nisbet try to do more to beat him.

Really not much else between the teams. Life goes on.

I agree. His performance was good, and his reputation probably put Nisbet off.

Quite unfortunate for us, because it's been a while since hearts have had a good goalie.

TheHarpy76
01-11-2020, 04:13 AM
Top class and very experienced keeper v young striker in a highly pressurised situation.

Maybe he was overwhelmed. Maybe Gordon does enough to put him off.

Either way. I’m not writing the lad off, he’ll learn a lot from this.

Scooter
01-11-2020, 06:33 AM
I dont get all this we were crap. I'm not a happy Clapper by any mean especially right now. I honestly thought we played well. Maybe with the exception of Boyle I dont think we had a bad individual performance. Porto is getting a hard time he could have been better with the ball but he broke up lot and intercepted a lot of passed.
Why doig getting a hard time thought he done well and ran himself into the ground (remember hes been isolating for 2 weeks

Magennis
Nesbit
Doidge
Newell
Gogic
Murphy x 2

All had extremely good chances to score. And only 1 of Murphy's wasnt on target.

RoxburghHibs
01-11-2020, 06:49 AM

We’d also have to sign a player called Nesbit to
take the penalty.

davy67 +
01-11-2020, 06:52 AM
If , If. If ? Same old story, same old Hibs . If we'd taken our chances then we'd have won , but then again if I'd picked the numbers in the lottery I'd have we won . We missed Hearts didn't we lost they won plenty simple really . It's over and done with , move on to the next game and go again .

Sir David Gray
01-11-2020, 07:06 AM

His first name's actually Kevin, not ****in. :wink:

Onion
01-11-2020, 07:23 AM
Top class and very experienced keeper v young striker in a highly pressurised situation.

Maybe he was overwhelmed. Maybe Gordon does enough to put him off.

Either way. I’m not writing the lad off, he’ll learn a lot from this.

Perhaps, but it's like the Government saying they're "learning lessons" in the handling of Covid. It's a 1 in a 100 year event, you plums ! Covid is is not some kind of dress rehearsal. You need to get it right first time. Last night was the Scottish Cup Semifinal against a poorer, lower league Hearts mob. Nisbet may never get a similar chance in his whole career.

RoxburghHibs
01-11-2020, 07:35 AM
Perhaps, but it's like the Government saying they're "learning lessons" in the handling of Covid. It's a 1 in a 100 year event, you plums ! Covid is is not some kind of dress rehearsal. You need to get it right first time. Last night was the Scottish Cup Semifinal against a poorer, lower league Hearts mob. Nisbet may never get a similar chance in his whole career.

Spot on

hibee92
01-11-2020, 07:43 AM
Aye, but he didn't!
This mentality, of excepting defeat, time after time is mental.

Hundreds of similar comments. It’s baffling. Like we’re happy being whipped around by them time and time again.