PDA

View Full Version : When will we learn to turn up for derbies

Tully
31-10-2020, 08:04 PM
all week I read that we needed to be up for the game, as hearts would be, well once again we didn't turn up why is this, for years our attitude going into these games as it being only another game is wrong, every now and again we get a result, but I'll ask again why can they get up for these games and we can't, tonight we didn't start playing until 30 minutes into the game ,then had a decent spell, 2nd half I thought ross would have ripped them apart at ht , but once again we were poor, yes we had chances missed a penalty in et but I'll ask again why can we not get up for a derby

Nicho87
31-10-2020, 08:05 PM
When we find a back bone.

Robbo6-2
31-10-2020, 08:08 PM
The clubs weak from top to bottom.

Even go down to the youth set up, we bred players that are good technically, hearts bred players to beat Hibs. Its engrained in there DNA

It has to change

-Jonesy-
31-10-2020, 08:32 PM

Even go down to the youth set up, we bred players that are good technically, hearts bred players to beat Hibs. Its engrained in there DNA

It has to change

Aye and it’s done wonders for their league position

B.H.F.C
31-10-2020, 08:34 PM
Never. Paul Hanlon press conference on Thursday talking about not treating it too differently.

They do. They win most of the time.

SneakersO'Toole
31-10-2020, 08:35 PM
We haven't managed to in 40 years so it's hard to see that changing anytime soon...

stantonhibby
31-10-2020, 08:37 PM
We haven't managed to in 40 years so it's hard to see that changing anytime soon...

Except when we have of course.

Smartie
Never. Paul Hanlon press conference on Thursday talking about not treating it too differently.

When you’ve got Ross and Hanlon thinking that way you haven’t got a hope.

It’s about having enough players with the right balance of football and fight and where shortcomings exist, finding something to compensate.

SneakersO'Toole
Except when we have of course.

League games don't really compare to a SC semi or Cup final do they?

-Jonesy-

Yeah, maybe if we did we could win the cup instead of waiting 118 years

BlackSheep
31-10-2020, 08:38 PM

It has to change

It’s a real shame when Hearts focus all that time and effort into beating one team when we have a set up that aims to be successful across a variety of games and teams.

It seems so short sighted of us! 🙈

It’s actually quite a wake up for me cos I’ve been going to every match I can against every team Hibs play, supporting them to win... when really I should have saved myself a lot of time and just went to derby matches.

OstKurve Hibs
31-10-2020, 08:41 PM

Exactly this, couldnt believe my effin ears !

Sir David Gray
It has to be a psychological issue, it just happens far too often for it to be a coincidence.

The amount of times we get turned over in a derby is pathetic.

Crammond Hibee
You need luck to win the cup

Tale of two penalties

supermcginn
31-10-2020, 08:44 PM

Exactly he's always done that. It's do or die it's only they that believe that.

supermcginn
31-10-2020, 08:46 PM
You need luck to win the cup

Tale of two penalties

Please. Luck has nothing to do with it.

jacomo
31-10-2020, 09:08 PM
Very frustrating today. After a typical derby start - high on energy, low on quality - we bossed that first half, but didn’t have enough drive and determination to get the first goal. I don’t know why.

They had clearly done their homework and worked very hard to keep Boyle quiet, but this is when you need someone else to respond and break the lines. Maybe that’s a fullback on the overlap, or Newell and Magennis finding space and demanding the ball, or a striker dropping deep... I don’t know.

We’re a decent team. But that wasn’t good enough today.

truehibernian
31-10-2020, 09:12 PM
Exactly this, couldnt believe my effin ears !

In a world of media and social media neither could I - something the players have to understand and adopt - if you say that yourself, in the eye of the media, you believe it. If you have the killer instinct, you say it publicly and within.