PDA

View Full Version : FTAO J Ross

hibeerealist
31-10-2020, 07:46 PM
I left the last derby at ER, like the vast majority of Hibees wondering if you were the right man for the job. Capitulations against them are NOT acceptable and yet here you are tonight with a team who have been doing reasonably well in the league and once again capitulate against them.

I know I don’t speak for all Hibs supporters but I do believe a majority will NOT accept such pish poor performances against that mob, you AND your players failed miserably tonight we will not accept much more of this ****.

If I were the MD at HFC you would have your P45 tonight and whilst RG and LD May want to give you more time I think you are very much in the last chance saloon as far as the Hibs support is concerned.

You are paid well and have a huge opportunity therefore take it or leave it to a hungrier man who will approach such games as they need to be, it is NOT rocket science.

Just be thankful I am not your boss tonight, you and your team have made a bad situation even worse for a huge number of people!

Iain G
31-10-2020, 07:47 PM
I left the last derby at ER, like the vast majority of Hibees wondering if you were the right man for the job. Capitulations against them are NOT acceptable and yet here you are tonight with a team who have been doing reasonably well in the league and once again capitulate against them.

I know I don’t speak for all Hibs supporters but I do believe a majority will NOT accept such p is h poor performances against that mob, you AND your players failed miserably tonight we will not accept much more of this s hit.

If I were the MD at HFC you would have your P45 tonight and whilst RG and LD May want to give you more time I think you are very much in the last chance saloon as far as the Hibs support is concerned.

You are paid well and have a huge opportunity therefore take it or leave it to a hungrier man who will approach such games as they need to be, it is NOT rocket science.

Just be thankful I am not your boss tonight, you and your team have made a bad situation even worse for a huge number of people!

Is this an open letter?

The Green Sea
31-10-2020, 07:50 PM
I’d have sacked every Hibs Manager multiple times if I’d been the boss. Thank God Im not the boss.

Watson19
31-10-2020, 07:51 PM
So stupid. Any one who thinks J Ross is not good enough is deluded. We had a bad game. He played the right team just could finish the game off as usual. Not his fault. If the pen goes in the game is changed. Officials done us at the end of the game. Only 1 penalty in that game and it was none of the 2 in ET. We have an exciting season ahead and this season SC to compete in. Get a grip and look at the bigger picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve20
Don’t worry, he will get a 1-0 win at Hamilton and be treated like Guardiola in our support.

This club accepts mediocrity and that’s why we get it. Today was a disgrace and sooner the powers that be at Hibs realise that was unacceptable the better.

Manager can’t win big games and the players bottled it. Pathetic again. Remember when we were worried Boyle would leave? Easy said he’s got that new contract tucked away. A waste of a jersey for weeks now.

Jack Ross has put together another team of bottlers. They can GTF and him first. No scrappy league win will make up for that garbage today.

hibeerealist
Is this an open letter?

Naw, just a wee message to let him know that was p ish and unacceptable. You disagree?

Steve20
31-10-2020, 07:52 PM
So stupid. Any one who thinks J Ross is not good enough is deluded. We had a bad game. He played the right team just could finish the game off as usual. Not his fault. If the pen goes in the game is changed. Officials done us at the end of the game. Only 1 penalty in that game and it was none of the 2 in ET. We have an exciting season ahead and this season SC to compete in. Get a grip and look at the bigger picture.

He seems to have these bad games in the ones that matter a lot.

hibeerealist
31-10-2020, 07:53 PM

After watching that you think we have have an exciting season ahead, Jesus you happy clappers will kill our club!!!!

Iain G
31-10-2020, 07:53 PM
Naw, just a wee message to let him know that was p ish and unacceptable. You disagree?

Well I don't think he should be sacked! And I don't think you should be taking it on yourself to speak for the Hibs support.

PH91
31-10-2020, 07:54 PM
There was no capitulation tonight. We lost a close game.

A realist you say?

Lendo

I know I don’t speak for all Hibs supporters but I do believe a majority will NOT accept such p is h poor performances against that mob, you AND your players failed miserably tonight we will not accept much more of this s hit.

Oh my word.....

Peevemor
Well I don't think he should be sacked!Neither do I.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-10-2020, 07:55 PM
Don’t worry, he will get a 1-0 win at Hamilton and be treated like Guardiola in our support.

This club accepts mediocrity and that’s why we get it. Today was a disgrace and sooner the powers that be at Hibs realise that was unacceptable the better.

Manager can’t win big games and the players bottled it. Pathetic again. Remember when we were worried Boyle would leave? Easy said he’s got that new contract tucked away. A waste of a jersey for weeks now.

Jack Ross has put together another team of bottlers. They can GTF and him first. No scrappy league win will make up for that garbage today.

You’re an absolute helmet.

Admin, fire the infraction along when you get a minute, I’ll happily take one for the team if it means highlighting the incessant Hibs-baiting from this ferret. Seldom seen when the going is good.

Watson19
After watching that you think we have have an exciting season ahead, Jesus you happy clappers will kill our club!!!!

When he gets us into Europe by finish top 3/4 you’ll soon change your tune. Be singing his praises

Vault Boy
Just be thankful I am not your boss tonight

Count me as thankful too.

Iain G
31-10-2020, 07:57 PM

Hang on, just getting fresh batteries for my Over-Reactionometer to see where this registers...

hibeerealist
Well I don't think he should be sacked! And I don't think you should be taking it on yourself to speak for the Hibs support.

I did not speak for the Hibs support but it kills me to hear you happy clappers getting in your digs you lot are why this club keeps under performing!!

Lendo
A few folk hitting their bevy limits today

The 90+2
31-10-2020, 07:58 PM
He seems to be in the new gene of manager who doesn’t take the derbies said important and just another game man.

He’s a still a fantastic young coach but I don’t have confidence he will learn from that though.

allmodcons

I know I don’t speak for all Hibs supporters but I do believe a majority will NOT accept such pish poor performances against that mob, you AND your players failed miserably tonight we will not accept much more of this ****.

Your username and this post :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Pagan Hibernia

who do you think you are claiming to speak for all Hibees?

like everyone I’m deviates by tonight’s result, and by our continuing derby results in general.

but it’s been like that for a hundred years (with the exception of the 1920s and 1970s). The famous five had a crap record against hearts. It’s a problem that we as a club need to overcome.

Jack Ross has done well overall and will continue to do so.

Watson19
31-10-2020, 07:59 PM

You’re a donkey. Typical fickle hibs fan. We go out and beat Aberdeen on Friday night you’ll be saying the complete opposite. It’s a sore one to take but not the end of the world. We finish the season top 4 and into Europe I’m sure you’ll be wanting tickets and signing Ross praises!!!!

Nicho87
I’d have sacked him an hour ago

JoeT
Empty vessels.......

Iain G
I did not speak for the Hibs support but it kills me to hear you happy clappers getting in your digs you lot are why this club keeps under performing!!

Yes you did!

I quote "you are very much in the last chance saloon as far as the Hibs support is concerned"

I would appreciate it if you didn't speak for me especially when you haven't canvassed any opinion on the matter.

hibeerealist
31-10-2020, 08:00 PM
When he gets us into Europe by finish top 3/4 you’ll soon change your tune. Be singing his praises

Sadly he wont, but never mind you happy clappers get to snipe at the supporters who question him.

If we finish 5th or sixth you think that’s ok?

Watson19
31-10-2020, 08:01 PM
Sadly he wont, but never mind you happy clappers get to snipe at the supporters who question him.

If we finish 5th or sixth you think that’s ok?

Top 5 gets you Europe!!!!

Pedantic_Hibee

Correct, you don’t speak for me. And I’d sincerely hope you’re not the boss of anyone.

Zazu62
Would Stubbs or Lennon have lost that today?

scuttle
You’re an absolute helmet.

Admin, fire the infraction along when you get a minute, I’ll happily take one for the team if it means highlighting the incessant Hibs-baiting from this ferret. Seldom seen when the going is good.
And so say all of us

LeithMike
31-10-2020, 08:02 PM

Just be thankful I am not your boss tonight, you and your team have made a bad situation even worse for a huge number of people!And we mocked Hearts for sacking Neilson after losing to Hibs. I know it's difficult not to view the game today through the eyes of history but Hibs were the better team and should have won but Hearts were a very dangerous beast with expensive and decent players in key positions. This was never going to be a walk in the park.

The performance today was incomparable to the last derby.

Hibs are building a good team - let's not let one result throw that off. We would have won with a proper athletic midfielder though - the one thing we haven't got right yet.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

hibeerealist
31-10-2020, 08:02 PM
Yes you did!

I quote "you are very much in the last chance saloon as far as the Hibs support is concerned"

So you think he is not in the last chance saloon?

Happy clappers killing our club you probably thought tonight was an ok game

hibeerealist
31-10-2020, 08:04 PM
And we mocked Hearts for sacking Neilson after losing to Hibs. I know it's difficult not to view the game today through the eyes of history but Hibs were the better team and should have won but Hearts were a very dangerous beast with expensive and decent players in key positions. This was never going to be a walk in the park.

The performance today was incomparable to the last derby.

Hibs are building a good team - let's not let one result throw that off. We would have won with a proper athletic midfielder though - the one thing we haven't got right yet.

i would love to agree with you Mike but I can’t

vahibbie
31-10-2020, 08:04 PM
TBF anyone listening to JRs interviews can see the Hearts games are nothing special to him . Just another 3 points or advance another round in the a Cup. Why can't we step up the rhetoric for a Hearts game like they do for us. FFS outside a cup final it is our biggest gamers. We need our manager to realise exactly how much a Derby game means. Hearts have done it for years.

hibeerealist
31-10-2020, 08:05 PM

So fifth ok then?

What about 6th?

you happy clappers are hard work

Vault Boy
31-10-2020, 08:05 PM

Fans who aren't calling for Jack Ross to be sacked are killing the club.

OK. 🙃

hibeerealist
31-10-2020, 08:08 PM
Fans who aren't calling for Jack Ross to be sacked are killing the club.

OK. 🙃

Ross is not a winner he has proved that

The 90+2

Aye in the Poundland cup.

So does winning the Scottish.

Watson19
So fifth ok then?

What about 6th?

you happy clappers are hard work

Hibs will finish top 4 easy. You are in that minority of fans who expect champions league football without realising we have the 5th biggest budget in Scottish football behind Aberdeen and hearts. Hibs are not going to win every single game that’s not what they do. Nisbet scores the pen the games over. That is not the managers fault.

SneakersO'Toole
31-10-2020, 08:10 PM
Just like Mowbray, he lost a colossal Derby match which won't be forgotten anytime soon.

Some fans won't forgive him for that.

Watson19
31-10-2020, 08:10 PM
Aye in the Poundland cup.

So does winning the Scottish.

Not sure if you’ve been paying attention but there is no European football for winning last seasons Scottish cup. People need to get over this. It would be nice to win it of course but we get nothing for it Europe wise.

Iain G
31-10-2020, 08:11 PM

Have you missed our league start this year!? Of course he isn't in the last chance saloon!

LeithMike
31-10-2020, 08:13 PM
i would love to agree with you Mike but I can’tI think it's about perspective. Hibs were far better tonight than we were in the 2016 semi against Dundee Utd where we were awful.

Yes, tonight is a bad result but we need to look beyond it. It's not like we didnt turn up. We played pretty well and created but missed a lot of chances. Yes, it shows there are flaws in the squad but we know we're not the perfect team. We are improving though.

sorrow sorrow
31-10-2020, 08:13 PM
Probably deserved to win that game but my issue is the football we play under Ross,it’s certainly not pleasing on the eye

HibsGW
31-10-2020, 08:17 PM

I find the lack of respect Alan Stubbs gets from some very weird. Had a great record against Hearts and big games in general, of course as seen by winning the cup. I’m still disappointed he didn’t stay after the cup win as I think he’d still be here.

I also think Jack Ross is a good manager and may well be better than Alan Stubbs with consistency in the games against the lesser teams but its very frustrating to lose 2 in a row against such a poor Hearts team.

hibeerealist
31-10-2020, 08:18 PM
T
Hibs will finish top 4 easy. You are in that minority of fans who expect champions league football without realising we have the 5th biggest budget in Scottish football behind Aberdeen and hearts. Hibs are not going to win every single game that’s not what they do. Nisbet scores the pen the games over. That is not the managers fault.

Mr Watson where have I said I expect CL football, we can’t even beat a championship side in Hertz, WTF are you people on?

I have supported HFC for over 50 years, so I know more than most we will not win every game yet it seems it is too much to ask that we beat an average Hertz outfit that are well behind us in games played this season so should be behind us in match fitness, you fe ckin happy clappers are jumbos in disguise

Frazerbob

🤣

BlackSheep
Realist? I don’t think so.

-Jonesy-
31-10-2020, 08:19 PM
Ltyf

hibeerealist
31-10-2020, 08:20 PM
Ltyf

And LTYF in your tiny mind too ya fud

Smartie
31-10-2020, 08:21 PM
I think it's about perspective. Hibs were far better tonight than we were in the 2016 semi against Dundee Utd where we were awful.

Yes, tonight is a bad result but we need to look beyond it. It's not like we didnt turn up. We played pretty well and created but missed a lot of chances. Yes, it shows there are flaws in the squad but we know we're not the perfect team. We are improving though.

I think perspective should gtf.

It was an abysmal result in a massive game against a poor side with some awful players.

We held all the aces and lost.

“Perspective” is part of the losers mentality that sees us have a pitiful record in these games.

As long as we are calm, thoughtful and methodical we will lose derbies and will not get beyond a certain level.

Until we rediscover a bit more of what is needed then we’ll continue to struggle.

Some of what is being said here is way over the top, but some of it has some justification.

-Jonesy-
31-10-2020, 08:22 PM
And LTYF in your tiny mind too ya fud

State of this radge...
Start a thread with a hearts class open letter and then take the time to try and troll back every negative reaction to it😂😂

CD69
31-10-2020, 08:23 PM

No.

Iain G
31-10-2020, 08:23 PM
Why is it for J Ross and not Jack Ross out of interest?

Hibs4185
31-10-2020, 08:24 PM

Hire yourself a plain? No fight no bottle jack Ross out?? Haha

Silky
31-10-2020, 08:27 PM

Yes. Lennon only recently presided over a shambolic Celtic performance in a match against their fierce rivals. A team with much more talent than Hibs.

Magpie
31-10-2020, 08:29 PM
Yes. Lennon only recently presided over a shambolic Celtic performance in a match against their fierce rivals. A team with much more talent than Hibs.

Hopefully he beats them in the final if they get there.

loanheadhibby
31-10-2020, 08:31 PM
TBF anyone listening to JRs interviews can see the Hearts games are nothing special to him . Just another 3 points or advance another round in the a Cup. Why can't we step up the rhetoric for a Hearts game like they do for us. FFS outside a cup final it is our biggest gamers. We need our manager to realise exactly how much a Derby game means. Hearts have done it for years.

Nail on head. Stubbs knew what it meant, Lennon knew what it meant, breezy jack says it’s 3 points or a chance to progress in cup. Wake up and smell the coffee jack before you’re out of a job.

uwxm07
31-10-2020, 08:44 PM

As you are clearly not a Hibs Supporter please refrain from expressing an opinion. We win some we loose some , sometimes we are world beaters ( occasionally) sometimes we deserve a win and some times we scrape one . They all make me happy !
Sometimes we loose when we deserved to win , sometimes we scrape a draw. Always we are Hibs and next week we start the emotional roller coaster again .
It’s called being a Hibs Supporter.

Irish_Steve
31-10-2020, 08:59 PM
Is this the Jack Ross who has won more points as a manager in a year outwith the Old Firm - just asking on behalf of a happy clapper

Iggy Pope
31-10-2020, 09:00 PM
T

Mr Watson where have I said I expect CL football, we can’t even beat a championship side in Hertz, WTF are you people on?

I have supported HFC for over 50 years, so I know more than most we will not win every game yet it seems it is too much to ask that we beat an average Hertz outfit that are well behind us in games played this season so should be behind us in match fitness, you fe ckin happy clappers are jumbos in disguise

50 years and you’ve never been happy nor clapped? You talk enough about this. Find another cliched response or shut ****ing up you tiresome bore.

flash
31-10-2020, 09:01 PM

Bawbaggery of the highest order.

supermcginn
31-10-2020, 09:01 PM
Bawbaggery of the highest order.

Glad you enjoyed tonight.

flash
31-10-2020, 09:10 PM
Glad you enjoyed tonight.

What's that got to do with his inane drivel?

Mr_F
31-10-2020, 09:13 PM
He should be punted

Iain G
31-10-2020, 09:16 PM
He should be punted

Why?

BlackSheep
01-11-2020, 03:35 AM
He should be punted

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Unseen work
01-11-2020, 03:45 AM

This is absolutely hilarious.

Last chance saloon?
How is he not hungry because we lost the game?
It must be close to rocket science as if not every manager would win every game (that’s impossible)
You and your team have made a bad situation even worse? Come on now.

Clarence
01-11-2020, 04:13 AM
He seems to have these bad games in the ones that matter a lot.

It’s like I was watching an episode of Hibernian ‘til I die on Netflix. Was concerned the minute I saw the players walk out the tunnel and they didn’t look up for it. We miss the grit and determination of characters like Gray, McGregor & Stevenson in the starting line up. He needs to find a way to give players a cutting edge or he’ll continue to fail to produce in these big games.

Heisenberg
01-11-2020, 06:32 AM
Nail on head. Stubbs knew what it meant, Lennon knew what it meant, breezy jack says it’s 3 points or a chance to progress in cup. Wake up and smell the coffee jack before you’re out of a job.

If Lennon “knew what it meant” so much why did he have us lose against Hearts in some massive games?

Jack Ross has a better record than Neil Lennon with a less talented squad and no season in the championship to pad his stats.

If you lot are successful at chasing Ross out the door for this I hope whoever we bring in next can somehow manage to win every single derby match, especially at Hampden, or we’ll be after a new manager on a regular basis.

Mr_F
01-11-2020, 03:41 PM
Why?

Because he’s another in the list of bottlers in the big games and the way he sets the team up as if a derby is “just another game” is inexcusable.

Another season and a bit of low end mediocrity and he’ll be gone.

Just put us out our misery now

B.H.F.C
01-11-2020, 03:51 PM
If Lennon “knew what it meant” so much why did he have us lose against Hearts in some massive games?

Jack Ross has a better record than Neil Lennon with a less talented squad and no season in the championship to pad his stats.

If you lot are successful at chasing Ross out the door for this I hope whoever we bring in next can somehow manage to win every single derby match, especially at Hampden, or we’ll be after a new manager on a regular basis.

I don’t see many folk trying to chase Ross out the door to be honest.

I think what a lot of people are saying is that he can’t have many more results like last night or it’ll cost him. When Ross is no longer at Hibs folk won’t remember him for beating Hamilton and St Mirren. They will remember nights like last night so he needs to make sure that we have some to remember for the right reasons.

Heisenberg
01-11-2020, 03:54 PM
I don’t see many folk trying to chase Ross out the door to be honest.

I think what a lot of people are saying is that he can’t have many more results like last night or it’ll cost him. When Ross is no longer at Hibs folk won’t remember him for beating Hamilton and St Mirren. They will remember nights like last night so he needs to make sure that we have some to remember for the right reasons.

There were plenty last night demanding he should go.

B.H.F.C
01-11-2020, 03:56 PM

I’m no sure a few folk, probably pished, saying something in the heat of the moment really constitutes folk chasing him out.

I think 95% of folk would be against that, at the moment.

Turkish Green
01-11-2020, 04:10 PM

Knee-jerks and pitch forks. I expect it will be down to LD and RG as to how the club proceeds. Concentrate on the sheep.

Lex7zero
01-11-2020, 04:13 PM

This sums up my view of current position at Easter Road. That was a poor Hertz team yesterday yet Riss could not send out a team suitably motivated to Gary in about them and dominate the game. Hibs are still a very soft team lacking bottle. Boyle a passenger again. Magennis will no doubt come good but not match fit and shouldn’t gave started. I could go through just about every player but the key fact is no passion no fight no bottle. In my 60s now and we have lacked a team with bottle for several years now.

A tough few fixtures coming up and I hope we don’t slip back in to the pack but on yesterday’s showing that’s what I expect to happen. Dons away will again show us what Ross and this Hibs team are all about. Go on prove me wrong ya bunch of bottlers.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2020, 04:20 PM
I can't believe J Ross has not replied yet, especially when the OP made it for the attention of Jack.

Just_Jimmy
01-11-2020, 04:31 PM
nesbit missed a pen. they scored theirs they got to even up giving us one.
ref was *****.
otherwise not that arsed tbh. Ross has us better than we've been for a few years, even the much loved Stubbs lost big games and "born winner" Lennon blew crucial games.

Ross is the right man for Hibs. the opening post is Jamboesque

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

keep the faith
01-11-2020, 04:42 PM

😂 Least appropriate user name ever. Ross is making us better. Give him time.

The 90+2
01-11-2020, 04:43 PM
😂 Least appropriate user name ever. Ross is making us better. Give him time.

Better than Hearts? Because that’s what matters deep down. Not 5th and a shot at some Serbian minnows in a b and q Europe trophy.

GreenNWhiteArmy
01-11-2020, 04:45 PM
I hope this doesn't go the same way it went for Neilson when they lost to us...

Potty78
01-11-2020, 07:03 PM
He should be punted
So our top goal scorer misses a sitter and a pen and u want our manager sacked? Unreal

Iggy Pope
01-11-2020, 07:18 PM
This thread survives. Amazed.

erin go bragh
01-11-2020, 07:29 PM
Better than Hearts? Because that’s what matters deep down. Not 5th and a shot at some Serbian minnows in a b and q Europe trophy.

We’re 3rd in the league above them . When Ross took over , we were a point behind / in front ( can’t remember)
We’re all feeling it but turning on him is not the answer.
You must be in the running for the most negative poster off 2020 .

superfurryhibby
01-11-2020, 07:39 PM
We’re 3rd in the league above them . When Ross took over , we were a point behind / in front ( can’t remember)
We’re all feeling it but turning on him is not the answer.
You must be in the running for the most negative poster off 2020 .

Ross has built a lot in a year and one game won’t define his Hibs career. He’s not going anywhere, anytime soon and his team are still a work in progress. He gets decent pass marks, with a few reservations from me.

As you say, we’re all feeling it but the reaction from our fans on here can be OTT. It’s a bit like a who can be the most outraged competition.

I don’t like Hibs losing, but I also don’t let it get to me too much. Not healthy to get so distraught, especially not in the cold light of day.

B.H.F.C
01-11-2020, 08:02 PM
Ross has built a lot in a year and one game won’t define his Hibs career.

Maybe not one, but games like last night are exactly what will define his Hibs career. It’s what will always be remembered. Look at Stubbs, he’s a legend for winning the cup and nobody really cares that he finished behind Falkirk in the league. Go further back to Fenlon, we were sitting pretty comfortable in the league but another derby defeat and that was it for him.

Iggy Pope
01-11-2020, 08:14 PM
Maybe not one, but games like last night are exactly what will define his Hibs career. It’s what will always be remembered. Look at Stubbs, he’s a legend for winning the cup and nobody really cares that he finished behind Falkirk in the league. Go further back to Fenlon, we were sitting pretty comfortable in the league but another derby defeat and that was it for him.

Maybe not forgetting Falkirk pumped us out the cup in a semi final under Stubbs......113 years it was at that time I think and we were all in this state.

Lendo
01-11-2020, 08:19 PM
If Saturday has had one silver lining it is now knowing who to add to the Ignore list.

Jonnyboy
01-11-2020, 08:25 PM

Not to me it doesn't. What matters is that we are better than the rest of the league we are in - excluding the arse cheeks of course.

The 90+2
01-11-2020, 08:59 PM
Not to me it doesn't. What matters is that we are better than the rest of the league we are in - excluding the arse cheeks of course.

Fair enough. Beating Hearts and winning a cup for me is the be all and end all of supporting Hibs.

BILLYHIBS
01-11-2020, 09:10 PM

I hate to say it Jonnyboy and I might sound a bit thick but at the start of every season I expect us to be better than all the teams in the League including the ersecheeks and I expect us to beat them every time we play them

I don’t know what it is, unrealistic I agree but I have felt that way for the last sixty years, I am like a boxer that keeps getting knocked down I just keep getting up

Saturday night was a sore one to take even I must admit that

Any goodwill that Jack Ross had built up with the support must be seriously getting chipped away

He needs a result on Friday

jacomo
01-11-2020, 09:49 PM

Totally here you on the frustration and disappointment.

The league tables don’t lie however. Hearts would swap places with us in a heartbeat, so to speak.

We need to keep our eye on the bigger picture, not just one lower league team from across the city. Sacking JR is a ridiculous notion.

uwxm07
01-11-2020, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=Just_Jimmy;6344888]nesbit missed a pen. they scored theirs they got to even up giving us one.
ref was *****.
otherwise not that arsed tbh. Ross has us better than we've been for a few years, even the much loved Stubbs lost big games and "born winner" Lennon blew crucial games.

Ross is the right man for Hibs. the opening post is Jamboesque

This please .

It’s about the season long performance . Not a one off performance against some lower league trash - which we did more than enough to beat in the first 45 mins but failed to capitalise on it. It was a bad night so let’s move on to next week

uwxm07
01-11-2020, 10:16 PM
I hate to say it Jonnyboy and I might sound a bit thick but at the start of every season I expect us to be better than all the teams in the League including the ersecheeks and I expect us to beat them every time we play them

I don’t know what it is, unrealistic I agree but I have felt that way for the last sixty years, I am like a boxer that keeps getting knocked down I just keep getting up

Any goodwill that Jack Ross had built up with the support must be seriously getting chipped away

Likewise I put a fiver on Hibs to win the league every year ( then another ten on winning without the arse cheeks ). Beating Hearts is orgasmic but I’m getting on a bit so sometimes you just need to look at the bigger picture.

Jonnyboy
01-11-2020, 11:07 PM

Yep. Beating Hearts and winning a cup is not the be all and end all for me

Jonnyboy
01-11-2020, 11:08 PM
Fair enough. Beating Hearts and winning a cup for me is the be all and end all of supporting Hibs.

I struggle to understand that to be honest. Beating them and winning a cup is great but it does not define me as a Hibs fan

joebakerforever
01-11-2020, 11:49 PM
Had to watch Saturday's match again just to confirm that the OPs views were indeed hysterical ravings about getting rid of Jack Ross and that the team bottled it.

Looking at the match stats: Hibs had 16 shots (6 on target) compared to Hearts 8 (5 on target).

IMO what won it for them was Craig Gordon's phenomenal goalkeeping performance, and any rational observer would acknowledge that there was nothing Jack Ross could have done to nullify that!

OstKurve Hibs
02-11-2020, 07:05 AM
[QUOTE=Watson19;6343380]When he gets us into Europe by finish top 3/4 you’ll soon change your tune. Be singing his praises

Sent from my iPhone using

Who gives a **** about europe, like someone else said on another post, "id rather we won more derbies than beat some eastern European team we have never heard of", and playin pointless qualifiers, not like we will ever make the group stage anyway so what's the point.

green with envy
02-11-2020, 07:18 AM

You're a strange one so you are.

You never have anything to say positive about the team but you're always around when there's a bad result.

Do yourself a favour and take up another hobby on a Saturday afternoon, as it's clearly obvious that Hibs aren't for you unless you're whinging about them.

Heisenberg
02-11-2020, 07:18 AM
Who gives a **** about europe, like someone else said on another post, "id rather we won more derbies than beat some eastern European team we have never heard of", and playin pointless qualifiers, not like we will ever make the group stage anyway so what's the point.

So you’d prefer finishing 6th/7th or below in the league if we beat Hearts more often than not? That’s crazy talk. Our aim as a club should always be challenging and finishing in the top 3-4 in the league and minimum getting to semi finals. Lennon had us doing that for a season, everyone loved him and yet he lost massive derby games too.

I’d rather we were competitive in the league and cups for a prolonged period of time as it’s something we’ve rarely done in our history. Hopefully Ross can deliver on that. If it involves beating Hearts sometimes or losing to them some others then that’s how it goes.

lucky
02-11-2020, 07:20 AM
As usual when we lose a big match there’s an over reaction. We are all hurting but if you look at the game and how it panned out there is not blame at JRs door. We missed clear chances in the first half, were denied a stonewall penalty in second and missed a missed a penalty in ET. They were then give an extremely soft one and scored it. I’m not sure what more JR could have done. We all want to beat them and get to finals but sadly we just never took our chances and we are out. We’ve still got this seasons cup competitions to play for and we must stay behind JR it would be ridiculous to even consider getting rid of him in our current position. In fact we’d look a stupid, petty club.

superfurryhibby
02-11-2020, 07:34 AM
You're a strange one so you are.

You never have anything to say positive about the team but you're always around when there's a bad result.

Do yourself a favour and take up another hobby on a Saturday afternoon, as it's clearly obvious that Hibs aren't for you unless your whinging about them.

This applies to numerous others on here. I can only assume their love-hate relationship with Hibs reflects some deep rooted inner self-loathing. Judging by the strength of their over reaction, it would be better for their mental wellbeing to take up another hobby, and that’s just the regular attention seekers.

What’s even worse is the appearance of the rare posters, so moved by defeat that they give it a series of utterly meaningless”insights”. Club mentality ( my arse), accepting mediocrity ( what does what I accept or decline to accept ever change in terms of a result on the field?) open letter to Jack Ross ( lol) and so on. Of course the hard of thinking just take it and run, just like Forrest Gump, never noticing that someone is taking the piss.

The outrage-ometer was in overdrive on Saturday. To be expected in the heat of the moment, time for it to go back in the box.

chrisski33
02-11-2020, 07:48 AM
Had to watch Saturday's match again just to confirm that the OPs views were indeed hysterical ravings about getting rid of Jack Ross and that the team bottled it.

Looking at the match stats: Hibs had 16 shots (6 on target) compared to Hearts 8 (5 on target).

IMO what won it for them was Craig Gordon's phenomenal goalkeeping performance, and any rational observer would acknowledge that there was nothing Jack Ross could have done to nullify that!

You had to watch the game again? Do you like to torture yourself?

allmodcons
02-11-2020, 08:01 AM
This applies to numerous others on here. I can only assume their love-hate relationship with Hibs reflects some deep rooted inner self-loathing. Judging by the strength of their over reaction, it would be better for their mental wellbeing to take up another hobby, and that’s just the regular attention seekers.

What’s even worse is the appearance of the rare posters, so moved by defeat that they give it a series of utterly meaningless”insights”. Club mentality ( my arse), accepting mediocrity ( what does what I accept or decline to accept ever change in terms of a result on the field?) open letter to Jack Ross ( lol) and so on. Of course the hard of thinking just take it and run, just like Forrest Gump, never noticing that someone is taking the piss.

The outrage-ometer was in overdrive on Saturday. To be expected in the heat of the moment, time for it to go back in the box.

I completely agree.

There is nothing wrong with the mentality at Hibs as a Club but there is something seriously wrong with the mentality of the bed wetters on these boards.

green with envy
02-11-2020, 08:21 AM

I've just had a wee chuckle to myself after reading this utter nonsense.

Calling yourself a Hibee realist and then pishing the bed due to Saturday's result is ironically funny.

Bostonhibby
02-11-2020, 08:26 AM

The outrage-ometer was in overdrive on Saturday. To be expected in the heat of the moment, time for it to go back in the box.Yep, the penalty goes in, we win and the mentality is great.

Hugely disappointed at the overall performance but that's about it. Lost to a bang average lower league team who got a few breaks.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Brightside
02-11-2020, 08:28 AM
I struggle to understand that to be honest. Beating them and winning a cup is great but it does not define me as a Hibs fan

Its just tribalism. Nothing wrong with it but some people support their team and their number 1 focus is about beating the rival team. Its not how i look at football but there is no doubt that many of our fans looks at it that way. Hence why we see the huge reactions to a defeat by them.

Keith_M
02-11-2020, 11:40 AM
You’re a donkey. Typical fickle hibs fan. We go out and beat Aberdeen on Friday night you’ll be saying the complete opposite....

No he won't. He'd still be moaning about something, or not be seen till the next poor game.

Regards the OP: No, losing to Hearts time after time is not acceptable and it should never be acceptable at this club. We've had a decent season so far but, in this game, they've let us all down.

However, talk of sacking the manager just now is completely over the top.

ekhibee
02-11-2020, 12:07 PM
As usual when we lose a big match there’s an over reaction. We are all hurting but if you look at the game and how it panned out there is not blame at JRs door. We missed clear chances in the first half, were denied a stonewall penalty in second and missed a missed a penalty in ET. They were then give an extremely soft one and scored it. I’m not sure what more JR could have done. We all want to beat them and get to finals but sadly we just never took our chances and we are out. We’ve still got this seasons cup competitions to play for and we must stay behind JR it would be ridiculous to even consider getting rid of him in our current position. In fact we’d look a stupid, petty club.

You make a lot of good points which I totally agree with, and of course we should move on from this. The only slight problem I have is with your first sentence. We do seem to lose a lot of 'big' matches, whoever the manager is, and it happens too often to put it purely down to the manager. For whatever reason it doesn't seem to have been addressed, for whatever reason, and there's only so many times that you can put it down to the wrong tactics/decisions by the manager. We have had a lot of good players over the years, in most cases better players than what Hearts have had, but still they get plenty of results against us. We've had good managers as well, but still they get the results against us. There's no easy solution IMO, there's plenty of people that might say, rightly, that we have bigger priorities, but like you I don't think it's fair to blame Ross for this one.

matty_f
02-11-2020, 02:18 PM
This thread survives. Amazed.

Even I’m scratching my head. Utter drivel.

Mr_F
07-11-2020, 12:24 PM
So our top goal scorer misses a sitter and a pen and u want our manager sacked? Unreal

Yep.

He’s another average manager with players who are better than the performances he’s getting out of them.

Will be launched soon enough and remembered fondly like Calderwood, Fenlon, Hecky etc...

Heisenberg
07-11-2020, 01:01 PM
Yep.

He’s another average manager with players who are better than the performances he’s getting out of them.

Will be launched soon enough and remembered fondly like Calderwood, Fenlon, Hecky etc...

We have better players than our current 4th place suggests? Don’t think so.

Silky
07-11-2020, 02:20 PM

Like that's the answer. Since winning the Scottish Cup only 4 years ago, we've had 3 managers. "Launching" them after a year is pointless. No consistency and no chance to build anything. It's about time we actually let a manager see out their contract.

Mr_F
07-11-2020, 02:21 PM

I said performances, not league position.

Heisenberg
07-11-2020, 02:43 PM
I said performances, not league position.

Are we actually at the stage where the manager is getting ripped apart despite having us 4th in the league because we haven’t been free flowing and ripping teams to bits? Could count on one hand the number of times in the past two decades where we’ve played good football and had sustained results to go along with it.

I appear to be one of the few who don’t give a **** as long as Hibs win.

Since452
07-11-2020, 02:46 PM
Are we actually at the stage where the manager is getting ripped apart despite having us 4th in the league because we haven’t been free flowing and ripping teams to bits? Could count on one hand the number of times in the past two decades where we’ve played good football and had sustained results to go along with it.

It's one of the drawbacks of managing Hibs. If we aren't playing like Barcelona you're ****.

The 90+2
07-11-2020, 03:00 PM
It's one of the drawbacks of managing Hibs. If we aren't playing like Barcelona you're ****.

A couple of inspirational performances to show the work in progress is there would be nice. We haven’t played well in most games. Hamilton first half was good mind you.

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2020, 03:24 PM

We had daftys wanting Lennon out because we won against a fishing team from wherever it was, and that lot from Greece too, i think we were 3rd we might have been 2nd.:faf:

We might as well sack Ross now, so we can get the next one lined up for the sack sooner rather than later.

Phil MaGlass
08-11-2020, 02:28 PM
I think that we will see more serious investment in Hibs next season once Corona is hopefully out the way, but, I am not sure if Ross is the man to take us any further, not wanting him sacked yet, but, he seriously jeeds to do better in the big games, as does Boyle.

JimBHibees
10-11-2020, 06:06 AM

Totally agree we don't think we are where we should be given the relative budgets of the top 3. Think we could still get 3rd though.

JimBHibees
10-11-2020, 06:07 AM
Yep.

Nonsense

Hibiza
10-11-2020, 05:45 PM
Nice one Jack, telling us how Murphy will come good. Try telling yourself that, can you please .,... Ahh, I'm off Soz ,for upsetting anybody.

The 90+2
10-11-2020, 05:45 PM
Nice one Jack, telling us how Murphy will come good. Try telling yourself that, can you please .,... Ahh, I'm off Soz ,for upsetting anybody.

Murphy is a class player that’s not played much football and has been injured.

Hibiza
10-11-2020, 05:48 PM

Agree fully

B.H.F.C
10-11-2020, 06:05 PM

Good that he got a decent run out in the last two games, as crap as they’ve been.

Would expect him to play on Sunday. Need him to step up now and start contributing.

The 90+2
10-11-2020, 07:05 PM
Good that he got a decent run out in the last two games, as crap as they’ve been.

Would expect him to play on Sunday. Need him to step up now and start contributing.

100% mate.

basehibby
11-11-2020, 07:38 PM

I'm glad you're not the MD as Ross is nowhere near the last chance saloon at this stage.

I feel your pain like all other Hibees do though. Hampden was a superb chance to get revenge on the Yams for previous doings but we blew it. In the cold light of day though - although we didn't look anywhere near monstering them I didn't think the team played all that bad and if we'd managed to win it in normal time it would have been fully deserved - never mind events in extra time.

It didn't happen and I remain pissed off - and if Ross does not find a way to at least beat Hearts as often as we lose to them then his coatpeg will get increasingly shoogly. Right now though you are in the minority mate.

Edit - IMO obviously :aok: