PDA

View Full Version : Murphy

calumhibee1
31-10-2020, 07:11 PM
Has to start. By a mile our best player with Nisbet.

Since452
31-10-2020, 07:12 PM
Very good player.

BILLYHIBS
31-10-2020, 07:13 PM
Looked almost up to speed

A very good player

cabbage_88
Great player. Problem is with him is keeping him fit. Hoping we can do so because he’s a real danger going forward

loanheadhibby
He’s like Bambi on ice. Constantly slipping and sliding. Cross in last minute was pathetic. Did not create a chance when he was on.

Skol
He is just back from injury and I dont think it would have been sensible to start him. He is our best player though

Crab apple
31-10-2020, 07:14 PM
A definite positive from tonight. For me I think he might become our best signing in recent years.

tamig
31-10-2020, 07:34 PM
He’s like Bambi on ice. Constantly slipping and sliding. Cross in last minute was pathetic. Did not create a chance when he was on.

No sure what you were watching bud or are you replying to the wrong thread?

Magpie
31-10-2020, 07:36 PM
The only player who looked like creating something from the moment he came on.

.Sean.
31-10-2020, 07:36 PM
The one positive from tonight. Always looking to drive us up the park and take on his man

supermcginn
31-10-2020, 07:38 PM

He's miles ahead of the rest. Let me guess you don't like him cos he's a "hun"

loanheadhibby
31-10-2020, 07:39 PM
No sure what you were watching bud or are you replying to the wrong thread?

I as watching the sh*t show at Hampden. When Murphy was on, how many chances did he create?

loanheadhibby
31-10-2020, 07:41 PM
He's miles ahead of the rest. Let me guess you don't like him cos he's a "hun"

where did i say i didn’t like Murphy? He was ordinary when he came on. Did not create a chance.

tamig
31-10-2020, 07:42 PM
I as watching the sh*t show at Hampden. When Murphy was on, how many chances did he create?

Murphy looked like the only guy capable of doing something positive. You’ve picked out the one dodgy moment he had for special mention. He had a far more positive impact than negative.

loanheadhibby
31-10-2020, 07:50 PM
Murphy looked like the only guy capable of doing something positive. You’ve picked out the one dodgy moment he had for special mention. He had a far more positive impact than negative.

ok, tell me one positive he brought to the game? How many chances did he create? How many shots on target.

hibee62
31-10-2020, 08:00 PM
ok, tell me one positive he brought to the game? How many chances did he create? How many shots on target.

Skinned a few players and was cynically brought down for a free kick in an excellent position. Nisbet hit the wall.

Tried to take on men on more than anyone else, often just winning corners though.

Probably only made 1 half chance then, but that’s a bit of an unfair reflection on his performance...

loanheadhibby
31-10-2020, 08:27 PM
Skinned a few players and was cynically brought down for a free kick in an excellent position. Nisbet hit the wall.

Tried to take on men on more than anyone else, often just winning corners though.

Probably only made 1 half chance then, but that’s a bit of an unfair reflection on his performance...

Tonight was all that mattered. Unfortunately he did not deliver. He did not score and did not create a single chance. That’s what he was there to do.

My postie delivers letters every day. That’s what he gets paid to do. He runs past dogs, jumps fences and arrives on time.

Murphy tonight was meant to create chances, score goals and cross balls into the box. He did not.

wookie70
31-10-2020, 08:29 PM
He is just back from injury and I dont think it would have been sensible to start him. He is our best player though

So was Magennis who was played out of position and did very little. Poor from Ross imo as Murphy should have started

hibee62
01-11-2020, 12:29 AM
Tonight was all that mattered. Unfortunately he did not deliver. He did not score and did not create a single chance. That’s what he was there to do.

My postie delivers letters every day. That’s what he gets paid to do. He runs past dogs, jumps fences and arrives on time.

Murphy tonight was meant to create chances, score goals and cross balls into the box. He did not.

He did create a chance, when he was fouled for the free kick.

Only one chance, fine, but it’s a widely held opinion that Boyle played badly tonight and yet he created 2 really good chances at least. Would you say he was more threatening than Murphy?

loanheadhibby
01-11-2020, 06:31 AM
He did create a chance, when he was fouled for the free kick.

Only one chance, fine, but it’s a widely held opinion that Boyle played badly tonight and yet he created 2 really good chances at least. Would you say he was more threatening than Murphy?

We lost the biggest game for the last 4 years so I’d say neither of them delivered to be honest. However, that’s not to say they won’t deliver in the future. I’m

It counted last night and the whole team failed to deliver.

Spike Mandela
01-11-2020, 07:18 AM
Sorry, really don’t see it. Expected a lot more considering the way some people had been talking about him.

Hopefully when match fit we will see what all the fuss is about.

JimBHibees
01-11-2020, 07:45 AM
Sorry, really don’t see it. Expected a lot more considering the way some people had been talking about him.

Hopefully when match fit we will see what all the fuss is about.

Agree looked short fitness wise his recent injury came at the wrong time for this game. Will be better with games imo. Like the way he takes in people.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2020, 07:53 AM
It's wonderful how hearts sign guys early specifically for this match while we are still getting guys like Murphy and KM up to speed.

Brightside
01-11-2020, 08:02 AM
Has to start. By a mile our best player with Nisbet.

Did he beat a player yesterday. I’ve never understood wingers with no pace.

bigwheel
01-11-2020, 08:04 AM

Yes, he went on a good run beating a few players before being brought down outside the box ..resulted in the Nisbet free kick into the wall

neil7908
01-11-2020, 08:13 AM
I found it weird that the likes of Boyle, Nisbet, Newell etc all seemed reluctant to run at Hearts.

Murphy did it a bit and surprise surprise got brought down in dangerous positions.

They had multiple players on yellow cards but our attackers seemed really reluctant to test them.

tamig
01-11-2020, 11:11 AM

There was a guy who used to play for Nottingham Forest called John Robertson. European Cup double winner. No pace. But what a winger. Its not all about pace.

calumhibee1
01-11-2020, 11:20 AM

Yup, he did. Murphy doesn’t have no pace, he’s just not rapid. He has a great drop of the shoulder though and goes by people like they’re not there.

jacomo
01-11-2020, 11:22 AM
So was Magennis who was played out of position and did very little. Poor from Ross imo as Murphy should have started

Was Murphy fit enough to start? Highly doubtful.

jacomo
01-11-2020, 11:23 AM
There was a guy who used to play for Nottingham Forest called John Robertson. European Cup double winner. No pace. But what a winger. Its not all about pace.

I take your point although the game has changed a lot since then.

jacomo
01-11-2020, 11:25 AM
I found it weird that the likes of Boyle, Nisbet, Newell etc all seemed reluctant to run at Hearts.

Murphy did it a bit and surprise surprise got brought down in dangerous positions.

They had multiple players on yellow cards but our attackers seemed really reluctant to test them.

Very true and very disappointing. When our defenders were playing keep ball across the back line and our keeper, these guys should have been finding space and demanding the ball.

Baldy Foghorn
01-11-2020, 11:27 AM
Jury out on him for me, need to see him after a regular run of games before I decide

tamig
01-11-2020, 11:29 AM
I take your point although the game has changed a lot since then.

The game has changed a lot but Murphy reminds me of these wingers who could go by opponents at will with a drop of the shoulder or slick footwork. He has that and I’m sure we’ll see plenty good stuff from him this season. Just a shame he didn’t start last night.