PDA

View Full Version : Gogic

Pages : [1] 2

AugustaHibs
31-10-2020, 07:01 PM
Did he win a single tackle or find a hibs man with w pass?

I love the guy but he was abysmal today.

mentalhibee
31-10-2020, 07:09 PM
He was atrocious today.

Since452
31-10-2020, 07:10 PM
Foul foul foul foul foul

Magpie
31-10-2020, 07:11 PM
I am scared to see his lost possession ratio.

vahibbie
31-10-2020, 07:13 PM
He's no very good.

Bright_Hibee
31-10-2020, 07:14 PM
Gogic isn't as good as we like to think. His passing is really bad and he turns over possession so easily. I can tell he came from Hamilton by watching him this season, some good games, but for me he's mostly been bad.

Peevemor
31-10-2020, 07:14 PM
Away and lie in yer ain pish, the lot of you!

Hiber-nation
31-10-2020, 07:15 PM

His worst game by a mile. You have to admit.

gaz1875
31-10-2020, 07:16 PM
He wasn't close to being poor compared to the majority of the piss on the park today.

Bright_Hibee
31-10-2020, 07:17 PM

Why don't you?

Peevemor
31-10-2020, 07:18 PM
His worst game by a mile. You have to admit.He's had better but, and it's just my opinion, I don't think he merits a thread singling him out for criticism.

Irish_Steve
Is this the Gogic that nearly scored if it wasn't for the post?

cabbage_88
Think he has been a great signing so far but tonight he was dreadful.

Mutu
31-10-2020, 07:19 PM
He was no better or worse than his usual.

Puts himself about but can't pass a ball.

JohnM1875
31-10-2020, 07:20 PM
He wasn't great. But we had more than enough opportunities to score. That's not Gogic job.

Hiber-nation
31-10-2020, 07:21 PM

Have to admit that was a great effort. Distribution awful and gave away far too many fouls, as did Porteous.

hibeerealist
31-10-2020, 07:22 PM
Gogic needed help from teammates tonight, however that was sadly lacking.

Too many in that team ready to hide and we will win nothing with that team and manager, needs a real shake up.

supermcginn
31-10-2020, 07:23 PM
Can't blame him. He's there to spoil the game. He done ok

Peevemor
31-10-2020, 07:23 PM
Have to admit that was a great effort. Distribution awful and gave away far too many fouls, as did Porteous.Were they all fouls though? Boyce and Naismith in particular we're going to ground every time a Hibs player was near them.

The 90+2
31-10-2020, 07:24 PM
Not our worst player by a long way like.

DTS
31-10-2020, 07:24 PM
Murder tonight and needs dropped however I imagine next 2 games specially we need him

theonlywayisup
31-10-2020, 07:25 PM

He'll come back stronger!

Some bonkers posts on Hibs.net. We've been infiltrated by the Yams, I tell you.

loanheadhibby
31-10-2020, 07:26 PM
Hamilton player at best.

California-Hibs
31-10-2020, 07:28 PM
He's a bang average player. We should have kept Bartley and saved the hassle.

Iain G

I assume we are going to get a thread for every player tonight saying how **** they were?

Gmack7
He wasn't close to being poor compared to the majority of the piss on the park today.

He was awful today cant dress it up any other way

theonlywayisup
31-10-2020, 07:29 PM
Murder tonight and needs dropped however I imagine next 2 games specially we need him

Okay!

Boyle needs dropped!
Gogic needs dropped!
Mcginn is rubbish and needs dropped!
Doidge does nothing and needs dropped!
Magennis isn't ready yet.

So who's going to replace them?

PH91
31-10-2020, 07:32 PM
He was no better or worse than his usual.

Puts himself about but can't pass a ball.

Not just can't pass but doesn't have the ability to make himself available for the ball. In the same way allan offers little when we don't have the ball gogic offers little when we do have it and you have to make up for it in the team.

If defending was all that was needed to play in the middle of the park then you would have centre halves playing there all the time. He has to offer more for me.

DTS
31-10-2020, 07:36 PM
Okay!

Boyle needs dropped!
Gogic needs dropped!
Mcginn is rubbish and needs dropped!
Doidge does nothing and needs dropped!
Magennis isn't ready yet.

So who's going to replace them?

I haven’t said any of the above other than gogic.

So to answer the question fairly, Magennis into CM and Murphy LM

danhibees1875
31-10-2020, 07:36 PM
I thought he was okay tbh. Got himself about and did actually often step away with the ball.

The whole team were guilty of giving away too many cheap free kicks, and that was probably part of hearts game plan. They got themselves between man and ball and went down upon contact - it breaks up play and gives them a chance to start things off with possession (sometimes it even gives them dodgy penalties) and it's effective.

He absolutely doesn't deserve a thread bashing him.

B.H.F.C
31-10-2020, 07:37 PM
Not as good as has been made out. Same with Newell.

Probably need a third in there with them. Not good enough as a two.

.Sean.
31-10-2020, 07:40 PM
He's had better but, and it's just my opinion, I don't think he merits a thread singling him out for criticism.
Peevemor you’re genuinely a poster I look out for on here always fair and rational but I can’t understand you’re acceptance of that performance on every thread? That result was inexcusable and beyond defending mate :confused:

ekhibee
31-10-2020, 07:42 PM
I thought he was pretty poor, considering how he's been playing, but he certainly wasn't on his own. Far too often it seems as if Hearts have done their research on the opposition and we haven't.

neil7908
31-10-2020, 07:44 PM
He was overrun a bit in the middle of the park today. I like him a lot but his passing is poor. I wish he'd just go for the simple option more often as he gives the ball away far too much.

Peevemor
31-10-2020, 07:48 PM
Peevemor you’re genuinely a poster I look out for on here always fair and rational but I can’t understand you’re acceptance of that performance on every thread? That result was inexcusable and beyond defending mate :confused:I've seen plenty of players having howlers in 40+ years of watching Hibs. Gogic tonight doesn't come into that bracket IMO.

hibee62
31-10-2020, 07:50 PM
I didn’t really notice him except fouls, but given how toothless hearts were until the subs i have to assume he contributed to that?

neil7908
31-10-2020, 07:51 PM
Not as good as has been made out. Same with Newell.

Probably need a third in there with them. Not good enough as a two.

I'm a big fan of Newell. I think he's a quality player.

-Jonesy-
31-10-2020, 08:20 PM
He's a bang average player. We should have kept Bartley and saved the hassle.

Pish😂

Unseen work
31-10-2020, 10:28 PM
I really really like him but sometimes I can’t help but feel to be a really good team that’s pushing for 3rd he can’t be starting and we need a more rounded midfielder

Aberdeen have McGeough, Ojo, Ferguson and McCrorie - All can put their foot on the ball, dictate play and also get stuck in.

Our best midfield of late had guys like McGinn, McGeough, Fyvie who are all very comfortable on the ball and again have a bit of bite.

To me our midfield relies a hell of a lot on Newell doing everything on the ball which makes it easier to defend against.

matty_f
31-10-2020, 10:30 PM
I thought he was okay tbh. Got himself about and did actually often step away with the ball.

The whole team were guilty of giving away too many cheap free kicks, and that was probably part of hearts game plan. They got themselves between man and ball and went down upon contact - it breaks up play and gives them a chance to start things off with possession (sometimes it even gives them dodgy penalties) and it's effective.

He absolutely doesn't deserve a thread bashing him.

That’s how i saw it as well.

The Harp Awakes
31-10-2020, 10:35 PM
I think Gogic is asked to do too much of the dirty work on his own. No other aggressive players in the team. Hearts have too many - might win derbies but was a big factor in their relegation.

RossScott1991
31-10-2020, 10:41 PM
Put it this way if we had McCrorie in the midfield today we’d have Probaly won. Gogic is what he is , effort, commitment and endeavour is there. But he’s an abysmal football player. Milligan was better on the ball in that role

neil7908
31-10-2020, 10:49 PM
Put it this way if we had McCrorie in the midfield today we’d have Probaly won. Gogic is what he is , effort, commitment and endeavour is there. But he’s an abysmal football player. Milligan was better on the ball in that role

What I find frustrating about him is that he keeps giving it away by trying passes that are never on.

I used to get frustrated at Marv winning the ball and passing backwards or sideways but that's exactly what Gogic should do. Too often be wins it and then gives the ball away immediately. He should be getting told to just make a simple pass and focus on the defensive stuff.

I think we maybe need to consider the formation as well. I'd be inclined to go 433 with Gogic alongside Newell and Magennis. Gives Gogic some more help, options to pass to so he doesn't have to do anything ambitious and also means Magennis plays in a more natural position.

You then have Murphy and Boyle out wide, with Nisbet or Doidge up top. Gives one of them a wee rest as well

B.H.F.C
31-10-2020, 10:49 PM

Disagree.

The 442 has worked well, if we’ve scored early. Livi, St Mirren, Hamilton . Game opens up and you get away with it.

If it doesn’t happen, him and Newell need a hand in there the more the game goes on the mxre we struggle to control it.

Green-Hibee-7
01-11-2020, 12:24 AM

Hahaha.

Amazing. I’m sorry but you are delusional. Calling the club out on certain aspects or players performance doesn’t make you any more less of a fan. You can criticise the club at certain points. Constant defending of the club whilst failing to acknowledge fair comments for others.

Gogic has been good a certain points this season. He is terrible at football however. I struggle to recall him passing the ball to a team mate and that has been for weeks now.

hibee92
01-11-2020, 12:25 AM
Only so far a small pair of socks can take someone.

hibee92
01-11-2020, 12:26 AM

Here’s the problem again. Well done on hitting the post. Would you be saying the same if it was against Arbroath? We’re embarrassing man.

Deejk107
01-11-2020, 12:32 AM
Here’s the problem again. Well done on hitting the post. Would you be saying the same if it was against Arbroath? We’re embarrassing man.

Dunno why the mods haven't removed this jambo roaster yet? Actually gleeful that we lost, happily sticking the boot into supposed fellow hibees. Easily more embarrassing than the performance from Hibs tonight.

MikeyS
01-11-2020, 12:45 AM
Dunno why the mods haven't removed this jambo roaster yet? Actually gleeful that we lost, happily sticking the boot into supposed fellow hibees. Easily more embarrassing than the performance from Hibs tonight.

I'm not seeing anything here to get so upset over. Gogic is not a good technical footballer. He is good at breaking up play and puting himself about but his passing is shocking.

A previous poster mentioned Marvin Bartley but that is an insult to Marv. Gogic isn't near the level Marv produced, infact I wouldnt even have him up alongside Kevin McBride based on what I've seen so far!

hibee92
01-11-2020, 12:55 AM

aw for christ sake mate here we go again. Will you pack it in?

hibee92
01-11-2020, 12:58 AM
I'm not seeing anything here to get so upset over. Gogic is not a good technical footballer. He is good at breaking up play and puting himself about but his passing is shocking.

A previous poster mentioned Marvin Bartley but that is an insult to Marv. Gogic isn't near the level Marv produced, infact I wouldnt even have him up alongside Kevin McBride based on what I've seen so far!

Bizarre poster mate. For some reason targeted every post I've made tonight. Wouldn't read too much into it.

Ray_
01-11-2020, 07:11 AM
Like many of the team last night at times he forgot the basics, too many times tried "worldly" passes giving away possession when team-mates in better positions were a simple pass away. We seemed as a team too often not to look about and missed other players in better positions, especially in the final third and in dithering lost possession. A big wake up call if we are to become a leading side and for weeks we have been missing chances and lack of vision has contributed through not seeing the team mate in space. Martin Boye had made great strides the last couple of months but last night he seemed to forget what he learned as it was back to a head down approach and getting crowded out and losing possession.

hibsbollah
01-11-2020, 07:30 AM
I thought Gogic was one of the better performers to be honest. Great work rate and as a previous poster said he was being asked to do most of the dirty stuff on his own.

Boyle saw a lot of the ball yesterday and didn’t do anything creative, and unlike Gogic that’s actually his job.

Tambo
01-11-2020, 09:11 AM
Might get a lot of stick for this post but gogic was very very poor yesterday, yes he broke up alot of play with fouls but don't think he won one ball yesterday and his touch and passing was shocking.

Andy74
01-11-2020, 09:15 AM
Just like Hibs fans.

We ask for a particular type of player to bring balance and then criticise him for all the other things he isn’t quite as good at.

J-C
01-11-2020, 09:26 AM
Nothing wrong with Gogic, he's doing a job we've all being asking a player to do, he's not the most talented player ever but similar to big Marv, he shouldn't be a 1st name on the sheet but is exactly what's needed in certain games against harder opposition to do the spoiling and stick the boot in where it hurts. Our problems are tactical, balance and too many individual poor performances yet again in the bigger games.

Mikey_1875
Passing was poor and took his brief to commit good fouls too far in that they became silly/cheap. More concern for me in the attacking areas and tactics from last night than with him though.

Pretty Boy
Gogic was OK. He is what he is.

I'd have about 6 or 7 ahead of him for a bashing after last night.

GRA
02-11-2020, 07:30 AM

People seem to have incredibly short memories.

Gogic is one of the key reasons we are currently 3rd and have kept many clean sheets. Does his job to protect the back four and do the dirty work, something that has been sorely missing since big Marv left.

Not saying he was great Saturday, wasn't the worst on the pitch by any stretch of the imagination, but if we remove him we go back to the days of conceding goals as cheaply as we did in the latter days of the Heckingbottom era :eek:

Callum_62
02-11-2020, 08:27 AM
This board is a aboslute shambles

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
02-11-2020, 08:29 AM
I questioned if he was good enough on the ball in the summer but was told it was a big kicker we needed. We still desperately miss someone to build attacks and recycle the ball.

I think he is okay, probably a bit better than Marv, but he simply isn't good enough on the ball which makes it really tough to dominate games.

jeffers
02-11-2020, 08:40 AM
I questioned if he was good enough on the ball in the summer but was told it was a big kicker we needed. We still desperately miss someone to build attacks and recycle the ball.

I think he is okay, probably a bit better than Marv, but he simply isn't good enough on the ball which makes it really tough to dominate games.

We desperately needed someone to stop teams sauntering through our midfield. To an extent he does that, but in isolation it’s not enough, hence why we went for McCrorie. I think generally he’s fine on the ball, but Saturday was guilty of far too many aimless punts. He should have played the simple ball instead.

Shaggy
02-11-2020, 07:56 PM
I like Gogic,

I didnt think he was bad or the worst,
hes our only tough guy in the middle now,
long punts you will find were probably coached, or he would have been yanked.

Gordon and the Hibs team beat us Saturday,
we should not be shocked as we where.

The Spaceman
02-11-2020, 08:20 PM
Some of these comments are way OTT to say the least. Gogic has been a superb bit of business for us and one game isn’t going to define him at Hibs. He’s definitely good enough for us and anyone saying otherwise is simply wrong.

Dr_Regal
03-11-2020, 12:44 AM
I like what Gogic has brought into the team this season, but that was an absolutely putrid performance from him on Saturday night.

Cabbie1875
03-11-2020, 05:23 AM
Really????

Guy couldn't put a challenge in without them diving, was embarrassing

JimBHibees
03-11-2020, 05:58 AM
Some of these comments are way OTT to say the least. Gogic has been a superb bit of business for us and one game isn’t going to define him at Hibs. He’s definitely good enough for us and anyone saying otherwise is simply wrong.

One of the issues on Saturday was when Naismith and Haring came on it allowed them to overload centre midfield not sure we were or tried to change something to deal with that however it meant they had more control of the ball.

HFC 0-7
03-11-2020, 06:05 AM
I've seen plenty of players having howlers in 40+ years of watching Hibs. Gogic tonight doesn't come into that bracket IMO.

I hear this sort of thing quite a lot, playing down defeats and bad performances because it’s nothing new, or worse in the 40 years etc of watching hibs. Is it not hibs ambition to become better or more consistent than previously?? If that’s the case then we need to stop using the last 40 years failures as expectation. If we should use it is a benchmark, it should be so we do better!

HendoDelivered
03-11-2020, 12:29 PM
Apparently told Naismith after the game he would kick his head in after the little rat was taunting/goading our players at full time.

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 12:30 PM
Apparently told Naismith after the game he would kick his head in after the little rat was taunting/goading our players at full time.

I seen a pic of Naismith comforting Nisbet so I doubt the story tbh mate.

BSEJVT
03-11-2020, 12:52 PM
Just like Hibs fans.

We ask for a particular type of player to bring balance and then criticise him for all the other things he isn’t quite as good at.

Agreed

I have been very critical of Ross and to a lesser extent Doidge in another thread and to be honest the criticisms of Doidge on reflection should have been left alone.

Now I am a bit calmer, the criticisms I made of Doidge are on reflection similar to those being made of Gogic.

If you buy a bicycle you are not going to be able to use it to carry tons of freight.

You should have bought a lorry instead and used the bicycle for something it could do.

Only then are you being fair to the bicycle.

Both these players are what they are and we should be happy for what they are not criticise them for what they are not, its not their fault.

Still raging about Ross though :-)

ancient hibee
03-11-2020, 01:29 PM
Agreed

I have been very critical of Ross and to a lesser extent Doidge in another thread and to be honest the criticisms of Doidge on reflection should have been left alone.

Now I am a bit calmer, the criticisms I made of Doidge are on reflection similar to those being made of Gogic.

If you buy a bicycle you are not going to be able to use it to carry tons of freight.

You should have bought a lorry instead and used the bicycle for something it could do.

Only then are you being fair to the bicycle.

Both these players are what they are and we should be happy for what they are not criticise them for what they are not, its not their fault.

Still raging about Ross though :-)

Gogic was in great demand by Hibs fans.Doidge was being touted for Wales by Hibs fans.Hibs fans were worried that Celtic would want Ross to replace Lennon.Hibs fans want rid of all three. Nothing changes.

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 02:26 PM
Gogic was in great demand by Hibs fans.Doidge was being touted for Wales by Hibs fans.Hibs fans were worried that Celtic would want Ross to replace Lennon.Hibs fans want rid of all three. Nothing changes.

Plural?

Hibs fan makes out it doesn’t matter much losing to them again at Hampden and it’s an over reaction and as they are in the final we are still in a much better position.

We waited years for them to go bust by the way and our infrastructure spending would have us years ahead of the rest, that’s what the excuses used to be after derby losses. What happened? The season after all that infrastructure investment got us almost relegated five years after the league cup win and selling everyone we ended up losing to them 5-1 in the Scottish Cup final, with Pat Fenlon the cheap option instead of Stevie Clarke or Michael O’Neil.

Then it still didn’t matter because eventually they are going to go bust. They didn’t. They survived despite assurances it was definitely going to happen. Then they started 10 points a start out of admin, we then go and get relegated too.

Then they somehow piss the championship, we stay down. Then a couple years later we finally have our day in the sun. Had their number for the first time ever.

Now it’s back to the same old **** with the same old excuses after losing to them.

Andy74
03-11-2020, 04:39 PM
Plural?

Hibs fan makes out it doesn’t matter much losing to them again at Hampden and it’s an over reaction and as they are in the final we are still in a much better position.

We waited years for them to go bust by the way and our infrastructure spending would have us years ahead of the rest, that’s what the excuses used to be after derby losses. What happened? The season after all that infrastructure investment got us almost relegated five years after the league cup win and selling everyone we ended up losing to them 5-1 in the Scottish Cup final, with Pat Fenlon the cheap option instead of Stevie Clarke or Michael O’Neil.

Then it still didn’t matter because eventually they are going to go bust. They didn’t. They survived despite assurances it was definitely going to happen. Then they started 10 points a start out of admin, we then go and get relegated too.

Then they somehow piss the championship, we stay down. Then a couple years later we finally have our day in the sun. Had their number for the first time ever.

Now it’s back to the same old **** with the same old excuses after losing to them.

That's a lot of stuff to bring in to the equation against one game of football.

As has been said before it is still a game and no one is going to be able to guarantee to you that your team will win every week or win the game you have chosen to be especially important to you.

What they pay Boyce, Naismith and Gordon would probably account for most of our team so unfortunately Hearts were never going to be as bad as you've convinced yourself they were going to be. They got what they paid for with Gordon bailing them out then Boyce scoring the penalty where our less experienced striker didn't.

ancient hibee
03-11-2020, 04:45 PM
Plural?

Not sure why you are linking my post with this.There’s no connection with what I posted.

JammyDoidger
04-11-2020, 01:49 AM
None of our players are bad. We just didn't take our chances and they got lucky..again! We will still have a good season!

AugustaHibs
06-11-2020, 08:49 PM
Might get slaughtered for this...

He constantly chases shadows and is so incredibly bad with the ball at his feet.

Would he start ahead of Marvin Bartley? Serious question

lord bunberry
06-11-2020, 08:51 PM

He constantly chases shadows and is so incredibly bad with the ball at his feet.

He couldn’t lace Bartley’s boots.

jeffers
06-11-2020, 08:54 PM
I thought he was exactly what we needed, but been very poor past two games and his passing had been atrocious. Needs to keep it simple. Definitely not a Bartley type that’s for sure.

kaimendhibs
06-11-2020, 08:56 PM
I must have watched a different game. Broke up play, won tackles and passing no worse than every one else

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Andy74
06-11-2020, 08:56 PM
I must have watched a different game. Broke up play, won tackles and passing no worse than every one else

Agree. Absolute nonsense.

Dmas
06-11-2020, 08:58 PM

Yip how I saw it as well, was worse performers than gogic tonight and last week

Callum_62
06-11-2020, 09:11 PM
New scapegoat alert.

houstonhibbee
06-11-2020, 09:13 PM
New scapegoat alert.

He hasn't looked at his best the last two games, maybe trying to do too much with everyone else playing well below par

easty
06-11-2020, 09:22 PM
I was pretty vocal on here about not being keen on Gogic in the summer. He’s been better than I thought he’d be though. I didn’t see the game tonight, and he was really poor in the semi, but overall he’s been decent enough this season.

He’s a average centre-half playing in midfield in my opinion, but we needed a sitting midfielder, and he’s an improvement on last season in that respect.

gaz1875
06-11-2020, 09:31 PM
Gogic is a defensive midfielder, who is also having to do or at least try being a playmaker and attacking midfielder because he is up against 2 opposition players nearly every game. To compare him to Bartley who would get a nose bleed if he crossed the centre circle is unfair. He needs more support to let him do what he's best at, and also giving us an option to press further up the pitch when the chances arise. I think he should be playing behind 2 forward playing midfielders giving them the cover to attack the opposition.

MrRobot
06-11-2020, 09:38 PM
hibs don’t create chances and the defensive midfielder is the one getting stick.

B.H.F.C
06-11-2020, 09:40 PM
You can’t be asking Gogic to play in a midfield two. He’s nowhere near good enough with the ball.

He’s got attributes. But no in that system. Or no when you come up against anyone half decent.

JohnM1875
06-11-2020, 09:41 PM
Gogic shouldn't have been on the pitch second half. The reason he is in the starting XI was already done. We were 2-0 down.

The fact we're looking for Gogic, or as it seems, our two CB's to be our creating force seems to sum us up right now. Absolutely brutal to watch.

The 90+2
06-11-2020, 09:41 PM

Again definitely. He's getting frustrated and playing passes because those around him he's meant to be protecting as such are doing **** all.

Partyraiser
06-11-2020, 09:44 PM
I think Gogic is one of the last players I'd be bashing after tonight. There were plenty worse than him. We contrived to lose 2-0 to a team that didnt create any chances for themselves, Gogic wasnt at fault for either goal

gaz1875
06-11-2020, 09:47 PM
I think Gogic is one of the last players I'd be bashing after tonight. There were plenty worse than him. We contrived to lose 2-0 to a team that didnt create any chances for themselves, Gogic wasnt at fault for either goal

Don't think anyone is blaming him more feeling sorry for the workload he has.

Scott88
06-11-2020, 09:48 PM
Gogic is not suited in the slightest to a flat 4. He’s a defensive midfielder who’s main strength isn’t even winning the ball in tackles but reading the game and intercepting things/picking up second balls also shielding the striker and forcing teams wide. In a flat 4 he needs to be an all round midfield type. Newell is fine in a flat 4 he does his fair share of ball winning but can then carry the ball forward/pass it. We will not bigger games with a flat 4 with gogic playing. That’s not a criticism of him but playing him in a system that doesn’t suit. 352 is more suited to our group of players and would free gogic up to do the role he was signed for.

Partyraiser
06-11-2020, 09:50 PM
Don't think anyone is blaming him more feeling sorry for the workload he has.

The first 3 posts on this thread from today all appear to be having a go at him to me

The 90+2
06-11-2020, 09:51 PM
Gogic shouldn't have been on the pitch second half. The reason he is in the starting XI was already done. We were 2-0 down.

The fact we're looking for Gogic, or as it seems, our two CB's to be our creating force seems to sum us up right now. Absolutely brutal to watch.

They had two midfielders in Hedges and Wright who kept on bursting from midfield. If Gogic goes off it makes it a pumbling.

JohnM1875
06-11-2020, 09:54 PM
They had two midfielders in Hedges and Wright who kept on bursting from midfield. If Gogic goes off it makes it a pumbling.

And? We're already losing 2-0. Have a ****ing go. May as well just chucked it at half time keeping that same starting XI on.

gaz1875
06-11-2020, 09:59 PM
The first 3 posts on this thread from today all appear to be having a go at him to me

True, they were just comparing apples with oranges so I just ignored them lol

The 90+2
06-11-2020, 10:15 PM
And? We're already losing 2-0. Have a ****ing go. May as well just chucked it at half time keeping that same starting XI on.

You can still have a go by replacing the ***** around him and Doidge the hoofball target up top.

Unfortunately replacing Gogic with dross like Hallberg won't change a single thing. Take Gogic off and go back five maybe but any other way we lose five or six as it was already a defensive shambles low on confidence. Even Marciano looks shot at the moment.

Have Australia any games coming up? Hopefully Boyle goes and gets called up and scores 20 against some island.

JohnM1875
06-11-2020, 10:22 PM
You can still have a go by replacing the ***** around him and Doidge the hoofball target up top.

Unfortunately replacing Gogic with dross like Hallberg won't change a single thing. Take Gogic off and go back five maybe but any other way we lose five or six as it was already a defensive shambles low on confidence. Even Marciano looks shot at the moment.

Have Australia any games coming up? Hopefully Boyle goes and gets called up and scores 20 against some island.

I'm in no way blaming Gogic for the performance tonight by the way, and for what its worth I'd have had Newell off before him in a heartbeat. I just think at 2-0 down at half time no one is looking at that starting XI and thinking we're going to score one let alone two goals to level things second half. And in our midfield Gogic is the most defensive option.

The 90+2
06-11-2020, 10:27 PM
I'm in no way blaming Gogic for the performance tonight by the way, and for what its worth I'd have had Newell off before him in a heartbeat. I just think at 2-0 down at half time no one is looking at that starting XI and thinking we're going to score one let alone two goals to level things second half. And in our midfield Gogic is the most defensive option.

Sound mate :aok:

MWHIBBIES
07-11-2020, 06:12 AM
He couldn’t lace Bartley’s boots.

He is better than Marv. Gogic this season has had a better and more consistent run than Marv ever had in the top flight.

Since452
07-11-2020, 06:38 AM
So everyone that was desperate to sign him in the summer was wrong then? Waiting for the fans out thread haha.

neil7908
07-11-2020, 07:28 AM
He needs played in a 3. Him and Newell will struggle against any decent midfield, especially if they are out numbered.

I like him as a player though.

Partyraiser
07-11-2020, 07:50 AM
He needs played in a 3. Him and Newell will struggle against any decent midfield, especially if they are out numbered.

Agree with this. Gogic's limitations are exposed when played in a 2. In a 3 with magennis and newell would work for me, nisbet up top with 2 wingers either side

neil7908
07-11-2020, 07:55 AM
Agree with this. Gogic's limitations are exposed when played in a 2. In a 3 with magennis and newell would work for me, nisbet up top with 2 wingers either side

I'd agree with that. Nisbet and Doidge aren't really clicking.

We need to bite the bullet and move to a 433. Same midfield you've mentioned with Boyle and Murphy out wide and one of Doidge/Nisbet up top. That way we also have a good option up front to come off the bench.

Heisenberg
07-11-2020, 08:10 AM

Would do this for Dundee or Celtc. “Rest” a striker and change the formation to see how we get on.

Bronson
07-11-2020, 08:28 AM
Here’s how I see it with Gogic, we needed a proper tough-tackling midfielder to protect the back 4 which was horrifically exposed last season. We got that in Gogic and everyone is pleased because we look a far more solid unit. His lack of technical quality then becomes more and more apparent and now we’re seeing guys like him hold us back when we’re on the ball and trying to create.

I was quite indifferent to the idea of signing him at the time, but losing out on McCrorie looks worse every week. Him and Ferguson are everything we want from Gogic with the ability to play a bit as well.

In summary - signing Gogic has helped the team but if we want to be finishing above Aberdeen he’s miles off it. As are others, FWIW.

Brightside
07-11-2020, 08:31 AM
Our best start to a League in years. Yet now all these signings aren’t good enough. If we then have a run of 3/4 good results there will be threads demanding to get these players on longer contracts. Posters on here have very short memories.

The Modfather
07-11-2020, 09:05 AM
Gogic is what he is. He’s fine in the short term and has helped us become more solid. In the mid-long term we will have to upgrade him if we have any ambitions to finish above 4th. He’s not where I’d start looking for replacements as we try and fix the squad building of the last 3 or 4 years, but Aberdeen have shown with Ferguson & McCrorie that the type of players who can do what Gogic does as well as play are out there and in our market.

MinceAndTatties
07-11-2020, 09:06 AM
Here’s how I see it with Gogic, we needed a proper tough-tackling midfielder to protect the back 4 which was horrifically exposed last season. We got that in Gogic and everyone is pleased because we look a far more solid unit. His lack of technical quality then becomes more and more apparent and now we’re seeing guys like him hold us back when we’re on the ball and trying to create.

I was quite indifferent to the idea of signing him at the time, but losing out on McCrorie looks worse every week. Him and Ferguson are everything we want from Gogic with the ability to play a bit as well.

In summary - signing Gogic has helped the team but if we want to be finishing above Aberdeen he’s miles off it. As are others, FWIW.
Nailed it.

easty
07-11-2020, 09:08 AM
Our best start to a League in years. Yet now all these signings aren’t good enough. If we then have a run of 3/4 good results there will be threads demanding to get these players on longer contracts. Posters on here have very short memories.

Correct

Alfred E Newman
07-11-2020, 09:19 AM

True, but all that good start has done is put us in pole position for 4th. Unfortunately we have lost twice to the Dons and the derby defeat last week has only helped to raise doubts that, despite investing heavily during the summer, we haven’t actually improved much at all.

easty
07-11-2020, 09:25 AM
True, but all that good start has done is put us in pole position for 4th. Unfortunately we have lost twice to the Dons and the derby defeat last week has only helped to raise doubts that, despite investing heavily during the summer, we haven’t actually improved much at all.

Last season we finished 7th. So if we’re on pole position for 4th, you don’t think that’s an improvement?

The Spaceman
07-11-2020, 09:25 AM

But we clearly have improved. No team has picked up more points outside the old firm than us since Jack Ross took over 😂😂😂 Aberdeen are sitting on about 8 years of being allowed to canter to Europe since ourselves, Sevco and Hearts were in a mess. We have no right to suddenly turn them over - we are still a work in progress. We HAVE improved. 4th is an improvement on virtually every season past 10 years. We just need to keep going.

Heisenberg
07-11-2020, 09:32 AM

We have obviously improved from last season. I wouldn’t even say it’s close.

Alfred E Newman
07-11-2020, 09:33 AM
Last season we finished 7th. So if we’re on pole position for 4th, you don’t think that’s an improvement?

I said it was but I was under the impression that competing with Aberdeen was our aim after our summer recruitment.

MWHIBBIES
07-11-2020, 09:33 AM

Anyone who thinks we haven't improved just doesn't know anything about football honestly.

AugustaHibs
07-11-2020, 03:00 PM
Gogic’s pass completion this season is 63%. That’s truly woeful

The 90+2
07-11-2020, 03:06 PM

He’s on the park to break up play and help the defence. Sadly with two players in the middle, one Gogic and the other someone not very dynamic he’s not being allowed to do his job properly.

Brightside
07-11-2020, 03:08 PM

That’s not his job. It’s like people have no idea what players jobs are now. To many fans are dreaming of a level Hibs are never going to be.

MWHIBBIES
07-11-2020, 03:11 PM
That’s not his job. It’s like people have no idea what players jobs are now. To many fans are dreaming of a level Hibs are never going to be.

Passing a football to teammates isn't his job?

Sorry but that is an absolutely vital trait for any decent defensive midfielder. Giving the ball away constantly defeats the purpose of winning it back.

We've had players who have contributed a lot defensively in midfield and still maintained a high quality of passing. McGeouch and Fyvie being obviously examples (someone will no doubt mention that one game against Rangers where Fyvie gave it away a bit :greengrin)

easty
07-11-2020, 03:15 PM
We all know what Gogic is in the team to do...but just dismissing his (lack of) passing success because “that’s not his job” is silly.

He’s playing in midfield. Where you need to be able to pass the ball. When one of your midfielders is giving the ball away almost half the time he makes a pass, that’s an issue that needs to be addressed. If he was playing further forward and trying to thread through the killer passes/assists then fair enough, but all he should be doing is winning the ball and recycling it.

The 90+2
07-11-2020, 03:18 PM
Passing a football to teammates isn't his job?

Sorry but that is an absolutely vital trait for any decent defensive midfielder. Giving the ball away constantly defeats the purpose of winning it back.

We've had players who have contributed a lot defensively in midfield and still maintained a high quality of passing. McGeouch and Fyvie being obviously examples (someone will no doubt mention that one game against Rangers where Fyvie gave it away a bit :greengrin)

I think the problem with Gogic is he should be looking for the easy pass to a player ahead of him that is looking to take the ball and play attacking football. There’s nobody there since Allan hasn’t played. Mallan and Newell should be doing that for me but I think if that’s to be Newell he needs Magennis to be doing the role he’s doing just now if Newell is to get further forward. Right now it’s a bit of a jumble sale which leads to Gogic trying a Hollywood through frustration and kicks it out of play.

Mr. Wonderful
07-11-2020, 03:20 PM
We all know what Gogic is in the team to do...but just dismissing his (lack of) passing success because “that’s not his job” is silly.

He’s playing in midfield. Where you need to be able to pass the ball. When one of your midfielders is giving the ball away almost half the time he makes a pass, that’s an issue that needs to be addressed. If he was playing further forward and trying to thread through the killer passes/assists then fair enough, but all he should be doing is winning the ball and recycling it.

Spot on. It's not that we don't need a player like Gogic, it's that we do need a different option when it's either not working or we need a more incisive passer to break teams down.

The Bartley role.

Peevemor
07-11-2020, 03:25 PM

He’s playing in midfield. Where you need to be able to pass the ball. When one of your midfielders is giving the ball away almost half the time he makes a pass, that’s an issue that needs to be addressed. If he was playing further forward and trying to thread through the killer passes/assists then fair enough, but all he should be doing is winning the ball and recycling it.I don't think he does miss many easy passes. If he was simply side footing the ball to Newell every time then a low completion rate wouldn't be acceptible.

I honestly believe that he's a better footballer than many on here give him credit for and his range of passing isn't as limited as some fans' ability to form their own opinions.

Mr. Wonderful
07-11-2020, 03:28 PM
I don't think he does miss many easy passes. If he was simply side footing the ball to Newell every time then a low completion rate wouldn't be acceptible.

I honestly believe that he's a better footballer than many on here give him credit for and his range of passing isn't as limited as some fans' ability to form their own opinions.

He isn't as bad as some say but passing certainly isn't his strong suit either and if you're chasing the game you need more quality

Alfred E Newman
07-11-2020, 03:29 PM

What level is that? If it's to try and get to a level that let's us compete with Aberdeen then surely that is not beyond us.

AugustaHibs
07-11-2020, 04:15 PM

His job isn’t to pass the ball? That’s just nonsense. He’s a professional footballer ffs. Passing is a fundamental

easty
07-11-2020, 04:21 PM
I don't think he does miss many easy passes. If he was simply side footing the ball to Newell every time then a low completion rate wouldn't be acceptible.

He should just side foot it to Newell though. Win the ball and let the better players play. That way he’d not lose possession 40% of the time.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on his actual footballing ability. For me, while I can credit him for what he’s good at, he’s not much of a midfielder.

J-C
07-11-2020, 04:29 PM
Look back at his 1st interview when he said his job is to break up play, get the ball and give it to the more technical players, if we play442 with 2 wide men he's only got Newell to give it to and he stands 5 yards away from Gogic. We need to go to a 433 which gives us an extra man in the middle to do some creating.

Brightside
07-11-2020, 04:30 PM
His job isn’t to pass the ball? That’s just nonsense. He’s a professional footballer ffs. Passing is a fundamental

Half of Scottish football struggle to pass a ball.

easty
07-11-2020, 04:54 PM
Look back at his 1st interview when he said his job is to break up play, get the ball and give it to the more technical players, if we play442 with 2 wide men he's only got Newell to give it to and he stands 5 yards away from Gogic. We need to go to a 433 which gives us an extra man in the middle to do some creating.

Why does he only have Newell to pass it to? What about the wide midfielders? What about the full backs? What about Nisbet dropping in?

SingaporeHibs
07-11-2020, 05:13 PM
Footballers like Gogic have their place in teams but you need to balance the midfield to account for their lack of Football ability. Those like Gogic (Matt Jack or a Bartley for example) will do a job within a team to break play up, be that by closing down, fouling, blocking or generally frustrating opposition etc etc but won’t be Creative or a driving force in moving the team forward on a pitch. So imo, you need someone close to him who is capable of that role. Turn the defence into Attack quickly. We don’t have that. Newell continues to deceive, works hard enough I’ll give him that but is far too inconsistent in his ability to shift the whole team forward with passes and movement to do so. Therefore the whole midfield isn’t working. It’s the same problem we’ve had since McGInn and Mcgeogh left the club.
IMO we need to either replace Newell for someone that can do that or we need to find a replacement for Gogic who can but then we lose that defensive midfield breaker. So who is more important? Maybe they both need replaced?
Once match fit again, could Magennis be the natural replacement for Newell?? I’m throwing that out there because I honestly don’t know anything of him before he signed for us.
We also need to sort out the left back/wing back position. Doig doesn’t have it. I’ve always given youngster time and allowed age/inexperience as an excuse but the boy has shown nothing. He can’t defend, he is weak (could get stronger with age), he runs forward quickly but having watched all our games this season how many crosses has he made that were any good? I ask you to correct me on this point. Seriously, I hear all this about how good he is going forward but I can’t recall more than one or 2 crosses that were any good so far and he has played most of the games. Given our problem is changing defence into Attack the left and right sided defenders are so important in solving this problem.
I’ve singled out Gogic (this is a tread about him), Newell and Doig but there are more that aren’t offering enough. I love the way Boyle has progressed since he joined, it’s been a steep and impressive improvement but he has stalled. In fact gone backwards from previous form. Maybe he has hit his maximum performance already and can’t progress further. Do we expect too much from him. I’ll say this much, he may see a bigger move and future for himself but his performances say he will only go backwards if he doesn’t pick himself up and start pushing himself again.

kaimendhibs
07-11-2020, 05:21 PM
I find it bewildering that Gogic is being scapegoated here as nothing he did last night contributed to the goals we lost.
He covers every blade of grass closing doqn and tackling. His energy levels are ridiculous.
Far more talented players not performing or putting the same effort in

newmarket_hibbee
07-11-2020, 05:26 PM

canny understand how you can call any one player out, they were all and embarrasment today!!!

CMurdoch
07-11-2020, 06:05 PM
Some facts about Gogic that a lot of folk might not know.

He didn't play a first team game until the age of 23.
When he signed for Hibs at age 26 he had only played 84 career games, all for Hamilton and last season was his first as a midfielder.
That's experience on a par with young Porteous and at a lower club level.

Jack Ross knew what he was getting when he brought in Gogic and he has done really well and been value for money.
However, given his lack of experience he still has a lot to learn and supporters need to be realistic in their expectations of the guy.

Hopefully we can eventually sign a McCrorie/Docherty type player to stiffen up the midfield. I still believe this is the biggest missing ingredient in the current Hibs team and the lack of such a player makes the current midfielders look bad. Sadly money will always be an issue at Hibs and such a player won't come cheap and they may also decide to go to a wealthier/better team as McCrorie did or go to England as Docherty did.

Supporters have always and will forever get the hump with players like Gogic even when they are playing at their limit as he is.
As the 4th biggest spenders Hibs will finish no lower than 5th this season which will be just behind Aberdeen at the top of our league. Last week we lost because we didn't take our chances and this week we gifted our capable opponents 2 goals of a start. These are fundamental issues to winning football matches and neither had anything to do with Gogic.

kaimendhibs
07-11-2020, 07:45 PM

When he signed for Hibs at age 26 he had only played 84 career games, all for Hamilton and last season was his first as a midfielder.

Jack Ross knew what he was getting when he brought in Gogic and he has done really well and been value for money.
However, given his lack of experience he still has a lot to learn and supporters need to be realistic in their expectations of the guy.

Hopefully we can eventually sign a McCrorie/Docherty type player to stiffen up the midfield. I still believe this is the biggest missing ingredient in the current Hibs team and the lack of such a player makes the current midfielders look bad. Sadly money will always be an issue at Hibs and such a player won't come cheap and they may also decide to go to a wealthier/better team as McCrorie did or go to England as Docherty did.

Supporters have always and will forever get the hump with players like Gogic even when they are playing at their limit as he is.
As the 4th biggest spenders Hibs will finish no lower than 5th this season which will be just behind Aberdeen at the top of our league. Last week we lost because we didn't take our chances and this week we gifted our capable opponents 2 goals of a start. These are fundamental issues to winning football matches and neither had anything to do with Gogic.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

B.H.F.C
07-11-2020, 08:01 PM

As the 4th biggest spenders Hibs will finish no lower than 5th this season which will be just behind Aberdeen at the top of our league. Last week we lost because we didn't take our chances and this week we gifted our capable opponents 2 goals of a start. These are fundamental issues to winning football matches and neither had anything to do with Gogic.

There are some valid points about where Gogic is. But I don’t think 99% of folk are asking him to do things he can’t to be fair.

There is nothing to suggest that McCrorie went to Aberdeen for more money, other than folk on here chucking that about. McInnes is on record as saying the deal they did wasn’t for a penny more than what we had on the table (wages or fee). I’ll probably be told he was just making it up but I don’t see what he’d have to gain from that to be honest. Aberdeen do spend a wee bit more than us but it’s not some huge financial gulf that justifies our recent record against them IMO.

J-C
07-11-2020, 08:48 PM
Why does he only have Newell to pass it to? What about the wide midfielders? What about the full backs? What about Nisbet dropping in?

What about an extra man in the middle to compete with Aberdeen's midfield. Playing with 2 in there means you're up against it all game and the ball never gets a chance to get out to the wider players. Gogic wins the ball he looks up and Newell is 5 yards from him, Boyle has dropped deep and is covered, as is Murphy, Doidge doesn't seem capable of finding space and Nisbet was dropping too deep he wasn't able to make any decent runs.

CMurdoch
07-11-2020, 09:25 PM
There are some valid points about where Gogic is. But I don’t think 99% of folk are asking him to do things he can’t to be fair.

There is nothing to suggest that McCrorie went to Aberdeen for more money, other than folk on here chucking that about. McInnes is on record as saying the deal they did wasn’t for a penny more than what we had on the table (wages or fee). I’ll probably be told he was just making it up but I don’t see what he’d have to gain from that to be honest. Aberdeen do spend a wee bit more than us but it’s not some huge financial gulf that justifies our recent record against them IMO.

I agree re McCrorie. I think he probably looked at the two teams and decided Aberdeen were a better team/option.
Maybe he fancied playing alongside Ferguson. It's hard to disagree that he made the right call.

As an aside Aberdeen may have lost a big chunk of their financial advantage over Hibs when next season starts.
They have a big expensive squad to pay for this season and there is no match day money coming in to pay for it so they will be haemorrhaging money.
Hibs have by comparison gone down the route of slimming the squad right down to minimise the wage bill so might be better placed to go again next season.
FWIW I reckon Hibs, backed by the supporters money, have adopted a good Covid coping strategy.

Mutu
07-11-2020, 09:37 PM
Whenever we've played a narrow 4 man midfield I've quite liked him. Ross can play him further up the field where he has the ability to press and win the 50-50. But in a flat 4 when a team is pressing I don't really think he's up to it technically.

It reminds me how AC Milan played Gatusso. He was a total oddball in that early 2000's team in that he was surrounded by technical brilliance everywhere but Ancelotti found a place for him further up the field. He was effective in breaking up the play and passing it on. I think Gogic can do something effective like that for Hibs but Ross needs to find a formation which suits him. I'm just not sure if his upside is worth making the effort. Also, AC Milan had Serginho & Cafu playing full-back whereas we have McGinn and Stevenson :greengrin

SChibs
08-11-2020, 03:13 PM
Footballers like Gogic have their place in teams but you need to balance the midfield to account for their lack of Football ability. Those like Gogic (Matt Jack or a Bartley for example) will do a job within a team to break play up, be that by closing down, fouling, blocking or generally frustrating opposition etc etc but won’t be Creative or a driving force in moving the team forward on a pitch. So imo, you need someone close to him who is capable of that role. Turn the defence into Attack quickly. We don’t have that. Newell continues to deceive, works hard enough I’ll give him that but is far too inconsistent in his ability to shift the whole team forward with passes and movement to do so. Therefore the whole midfield isn’t working. It’s the same problem we’ve had since McGInn and Mcgeogh left the club.
IMO we need to either replace Newell for someone that can do that or we need to find a replacement for Gogic who can but then we lose that defensive midfield breaker. So who is more important? Maybe they both need replaced?
Once match fit again, could Magennis be the natural replacement for Newell?? I’m throwing that out there because I honestly don’t know anything of him before he signed for us.
We also need to sort out the left back/wing back position. Doig doesn’t have it. I’ve always given youngster time and allowed age/inexperience as an excuse but the boy has shown nothing. He can’t defend, he is weak (could get stronger with age), he runs forward quickly but having watched all our games this season how many crosses has he made that were any good? I ask you to correct me on this point. Seriously, I hear all this about how good he is going forward but I can’t recall more than one or 2 crosses that were any good so far and he has played most of the games. Given our problem is changing defence into Attack the left and right sided defenders are so important in solving this problem.
I’ve singled out Gogic (this is a tread about him), Newell and Doig but there are more that aren’t offering enough. I love the way Boyle has progressed since he joined, it’s been a steep and impressive improvement but he has stalled. In fact gone backwards from previous form. Maybe he has hit his maximum performance already and can’t progress further. Do we expect too much from him. I’ll say this much, he may see a bigger move and future for himself but his performances say he will only go backwards if he doesn’t pick himself up and start pushing himself again.

Writing off our youth players after a 12 games now? Give the lad a chance. Hes been nowhere near as bad as you are making out. Of course he is going to make mistakes but he was part of the defence which looked so solid early in the season. There are good wide players in the league he is bound to have tough games against but it's all experience for him.

I'm not saying hes going to turn out to be a great player for us or he'll definitely make it but I dont see how you can turn around and right him off already?

Viva_Palmeiras
09-11-2020, 03:13 PM
Writing off our youth players after a 12 games now? Give the lad a chance. Hes been nowhere near as bad as you are making out. Of course he is going to make mistakes but he was part of the defence which looked so solid early in the season. There are good wide players in the league he is bound to have tough games against but it's all experience for him.

I'm not saying hes going to turn out to be a great player for us or he'll definitely make it but I dont see how you can turn around and right him off already?

Next up shouting at potential Hibs recruits from the Birthing pool at Simpsons :)

Unseen work
09-11-2020, 07:17 PM
Gogic’ passing and retention of the ball is actually better than I thought, that said my expectations were very low.

My issue with him and Newell together is both want to receive the ball in the same area of the pitch and neither want to make the run forward to receive it or drive forward with it at their feet.

Newell is far better on the ball however he’s wasted getting it off Porteous and giving it to Hanlon imo. If that’s the job he wants to do then he needs to be much better defensively and then there’s no room for Gogic imo.

Mcgeough and McGinn had this sussed and is why they were so effective.

Docherty was another example of a player that wasn’t too interested in the short passes at the back, he would drag midfield opposition in areas where they don’t want to go.

We don’t have a midfielder that does that.

gazman
09-11-2020, 11:04 PM
I think we’re lost on this thread ,the issue is forward play.we only managed 6 shots in that game ,meanwhile both hanlon and porteous had over 90 passes each which is a huge amount,bottom line is there is not enough attacking play in Jack Rosses tactical play ,irrespective of how often Gogic gives it away ,against the grain here but we need Stevie Mallon to play at least he shoots. Goals win games .

Gmack7
10-11-2020, 12:53 PM
Gogic for me is a CB so will generally struggle as a midfielder. At times He was playing ahead of both Newall and mallan on Friday night, if we go 352 he should be in the 3 but him and Newall cant seem to dictate play in the current formation with 2 wingers, so we must change the system IMHO

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-11-2020, 01:06 PM
I quite like Gogic, I also really liked Bartley.

We were very lucky to have a good midfield a few years back but when we were at our best Bartley didn't start. When he did, it was never as part of a two man central midfield.

Which begs the question, why do we need an 'enforcer' who cant play?

Rangers and Celtic don't have one, Aberdeen don't either. Our best midfield of recent times never required one, Bartley never got on the pitch for the Cup Final with McGeoch, McGinn and Fyvie in there.

SingaporeHibs
10-11-2020, 03:39 PM

In hindsight you are correct, I shouldn’t write him off this quick. As I said, I’m normally very forgiving of the younger lads as it’s a tough learning curve starting in the first team. I Guess my gut feel is just a bit of disappointment in him not doing the easy stuff as well as I would hope, for example crossing a ball is something he’ll have been doing for years and daily in training and yet imo that’s been really poor. Anyway; he still has a lot of time on his side to prove me wrong and I hope he does.
I also likely shouldn’t have dragged him into my biggest frustration which is the inability of the midfield to drive the team forward. Gogic and Newell in particular. This part of the pitch has been a problem for too Long and missing out on potential signings hasn’t helped. Thread back on track by others thankfully.

SChibs
10-11-2020, 05:10 PM
In hindsight you are correct, I shouldn’t write him off this quick. As I said, I’m normally very forgiving of the younger lads as it’s a tough learning curve starting in the first team. I Guess my gut feel is just a bit of disappointment in him not doing the easy stuff as well as I would hope, for example crossing a ball is something he’ll have been doing for years and daily in training and yet imo that’s been really poor. Anyway; he still has a lot of time on his side to prove me wrong and I hope he does.
I also likely shouldn’t have dragged him into my biggest frustration which is the inability of the midfield to drive the team forward. Gogic and Newell in particular. This part of the pitch has been a problem for too Long and missing out on potential signings hasn’t helped. Thread back on track by others thankfully.

To be fair Stevenson still cant cross a ball and hes been a very good and consistent player for us for years! Fair enough for acknowledging you post was a wee be harsh on the lad. Hes maybe trying to hard to impress but I reckon he will improve steadily over time

Halmyre Hibee
11-11-2020, 01:47 PM
Gogic playing for Cyprus v Greece live on Sky Football channel.

tonyrougier123
11-11-2020, 01:54 PM
Gogic playing for Cyprus v Greece live on Sky Football channel.

Terrible pass led to that Greece goal👎🏻Also Mavrias who played for us is playing for greece

Billy Whizz
11-11-2020, 03:21 PM
I didn’t realise he was away

J-C
11-11-2020, 03:49 PM
Terrible pass led to that Greece goal👎🏻Also Mavrias who played for us is playing for greece

Did Mavrias actually play for us? 😁

davy67 +
11-11-2020, 06:59 PM
Subbed off at half time tactical switch I hope and not an injury

MWHIBBIES
11-11-2020, 07:08 PM
Did Mavrias actually play for us? 😁

yes

AugustaHibs
21-11-2020, 04:09 PM
Kicked it the way he was facing today and chased shadows

Mr. Wonderful
21-11-2020, 04:12 PM
Kicked it the way he was facing today and chased shadows

Brian Kerr with muscles a skinhead today

we are hibs
21-11-2020, 04:18 PM
Thought Gogic was fine.

Hes going to far up the pitch at times though and leaving a gaping hole. Thats why we need a 3rd midfielder in there who has a bit more energy and tenacity that can win it high up the park or cover for Gogic when he does it.

hibbysam
21-11-2020, 04:21 PM
Thought Gogic was fine.

Hes going to far up the pitch at times though and leaving a gaping hole. Thats why we need a 3rd midfielder in there who has a bit more energy and tenacity that can win it high up the park or cover for Gogic when he does it.

He wasn’t really fine, but your second point is spot on. He just drags himself around. He needs to do what he’s good at, sitting in, breaking things up, and passing it to our ball players. He ends up charging around, knocked passed him and we have a massive gap. He needs to leave that job to the other two in midfield.

murray26
21-11-2020, 04:24 PM
I’ve not read the thread but we need a upgrade IMO

04Sauzee
21-11-2020, 04:28 PM
Absolutely fine today, reakky closed space down well and stopped a nunber if crosses coming into the box

Brightside
21-11-2020, 04:43 PM
Gogic did his job today.

gaz1875
21-11-2020, 04:51 PM
Absolutely fine today, reakky closed space down well and stopped a nunber if crosses coming into the box

Also had a few headed clearances in the box. Quite often in the right place just needs a bit of composure with the ball at his feet

davhibby
21-11-2020, 04:55 PM
I thought he had a great game today, and for the most part was good in possession too. Not entirely sure what folk are expecting

Peevemor
21-11-2020, 04:59 PM
I honestly think that many of those who criticise him don't pay much attention to what he does during games.

His distribution is often mentioned when in fact it isn't that bad.

I remember John McGinn going through a spell where his passing was really pretty poor but it was almost never mentioned on here.

B.H.F.C
21-11-2020, 05:06 PM
I don’t think he’s murder, or anything like that, but having him in the middle is a contributing factor to us regularly having less possession than the other team. Doesn’t offer the defence any real option when we have the ball to help us build the play.

Pagan Hibernia
21-11-2020, 05:20 PM
Thought he was one of our best players today

Ringothedog
21-11-2020, 07:44 PM
I honestly think that many of those who criticise him don't pay much attention to what he does during games.

I remember John McGinn going through a spell where his passing was really pretty poor but it was almost never mentioned on here.
I don’t think many who criticise him understand what he brings to the team . He is a Defensive midfielder who breaks up opposing teams attack and protects our defence. He does both well despite being overrun at times

B.H.F.C
21-11-2020, 07:50 PM
I don’t think many who criticise him understand what he brings to the team . He is a Defensive midfielder who breaks up opposing teams attack and protects our defence. He does both well despite being overrun at times

He does that side of the game fine but it’s not the only side to the game. He’s not playing for Hamilton now where that is all you want from your deepest midfielder. He needs to give the defence a better option when we have the ball. Until that happens, we will continue to give up the ball in a lot of games.

Onceinawhile
21-11-2020, 07:58 PM
He was better than stevie mallan today that's for sure.

Pedantic_Hibee
21-11-2020, 08:00 PM
Thought the big man was good today.

hibbysam
21-11-2020, 08:00 PM

I’m happy for him to sit and do that job. The problem is he doesn’t sit there, he chases things around the pitch, gets turned and the amount of times Rogic, Christie etc had all the time in the world in the middle especially first half was unreal. Christie had at least 2/3 shots from that area.

flash
21-11-2020, 11:50 PM
Mallan was absolutely fine today.

MrRobot
22-11-2020, 08:53 AM

I like Gogic but didn’t think he had a great game yesterday. Mallan was constantly pressing and played some good passes. Early yellow hampered him a little bit in that he had to be careful the rest of the game though.

lucky
22-11-2020, 09:08 AM
Gogic is a limited footballer but he’s good at breaking play up but he does need help in the middle of the park. But yesterday Celtic had 70% of play so it’s hardly a good game to judge how Hibs midfielders played as our tactic was to sit in and counter. I do think he will become a target of the boo boys when fans are back in due to his lack of passing ability and getting caught out of position but overall he’s had a good season and helped improve the team.

Peevemor
22-11-2020, 11:00 AM
He was better than stevie mallan today that's for sure.They have different jobs to do. If you asked Gogic to do Mallan's job he'd probably fail miserably and vice-versa.

Peevemor
22-11-2020, 11:02 AM
Gogic is a limited footballer but he’s good at breaking play up but he does need help in the middle of the park. But yesterday Celtic had 70% of play so it’s hardly a good game to judge how Hibs midfielders played as our tactic was to sit in and counter. I do think he will become a target of the boo boys when fans are back in due to his lack of passing ability and getting caught out of position but overall he’s had a good season and helped improve the team.He's no Scott Allan, but he can pass fine.

500miles
22-11-2020, 05:27 PM
Gogic, like Bartley, will become a specialist player for us against teams who we need a midfield destroyer to dominate against. If Magennis turns out to be the player we're hoping for, our first choice midfield will be Newell, Magennis and Allan.

Brooster
22-11-2020, 05:50 PM
I like Gogic. Does an important job for us and does it well.

Winston Ingram
22-11-2020, 05:54 PM

This. We’ve look so much more solid with him in there.

Andy74
22-11-2020, 06:38 PM

Yep. Ask for this type of player for ages then criticise the parts of his game that aren’t his strengths. Mental.

He’s an important player and actually a much better footballer than this thread would suggest.

The Modfather
22-11-2020, 07:44 PM
Yep. Ask for this type of player for ages then criticise the parts of his game that aren’t his strengths. Mental.

He’s an important player and actually a much better footballer than this thread would suggest.

I think he’s what we needed, but in the summer that was based on an assumption we would play 3 in the middle. If I knew we’d play as a 2 a lot I’d have wanted a different type of player. I think he can be a big player for us but it’s dependent on the other two beside him and I don’t feel we have those other two in the squad yet(with the exception of Magennis who we’re still to really find out about). We are still a work in progress though and will need another few shrewd transfer windows.

hibbysam
22-11-2020, 07:52 PM
I think he’s what we needed, but in the summer that was based on an assumption we would play 3 in the middle. If I knew we’d play as a 2 a lot I’d have wanted a different type of player. I think he can be a big player for us but it’s dependent on the other two beside him and I don’t feel we have those other two in the squad yet(with the exception of Magennis who we’re still to really find out about). We are still a work in progress though and will need another few shrewd transfer windows.

Our problem is that when played in a two, he’s expected to cover a lot of ground, get around the pitch and close down, while also playing football. I personally don’t feel he’s the man for that role. When we then switch to a 3 like Saturday then we need him to sit, be disciplined, not get dragged around the pitch. On Saturday I felt he got dragged around, first half especially, which left a gaping hole in the area where Christie got most of his shots away from. He’s got to have trust in the other two midfielders to do their jobs, and I felt second half we got that much better. It stopped Celtics easy ball in behind our midfield and gave us a foothold in the game. He’s the perfect player for me for the role, he just needs to understand how to sit in there.

Bostonhibby
23-11-2020, 07:10 AM
I’ve not read the thread but we need a upgrade IMOJust read it, I agree, we need a better thread.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

HibsGW
23-11-2020, 08:02 AM

Exact same nonsense criticisms that were levelled at Bartley too. I don’t know if people expect us to have a defensive midfielder with Toni Kroos like passing ability or something, for us, a good holding midfielder is going to be someone who can help break up the play, is probably fairly limited in their own technical ability, and moves the ball onto others. If Gogic had the passing ability of a Scott Allan or something he wouldn’t be here. He does a good job.

MWHIBBIES
23-11-2020, 08:23 AM
Exact same nonsense criticisms that were levelled at Bartley too. I don’t know if people expect us to have a defensive midfielder with Toni Kroos like passing ability or something, for us, a good holding midfielder is going to be someone who can help break up the play, is probably fairly limited in their own technical ability, and moves the ball onto others. If Gogic had the passing ability of a Scott Allan or something he wouldn’t be here. He does a good job.

Its not nonsense. Marv was an extremely limited player. He actually only ever had 1 real run in the team in the top division. stuggled with anything more than a 15 yard pass and very few of those were forward. He didn't get near the side when Allan rejoined and Dylan went into that role, offering much more.

Gogic is okay but you can see by how often we hoof the ball that he isn't good with it at his feet. He serves his purpose but someone who could take it off the back 4 and move it forward, while losing a little defensively, would make us a better side.

No one expects a defensive player with Toni Kroos ability. One with McGeouch or Fyvies ability would do just fine.

PH91
23-11-2020, 08:56 AM
He's no Scott Allan, but he can pass fine.

Every footballer at all levels should be able to play simple passes. What gogic is unable to do is get himself into space to take the ball off his teammates and move it. Some will say that is not his job but without that we are forced to play a more direct style which is not easy on the eye. I can't think of any good teams who play with such a limited central midfielder.

He is the best we have at the moment but I hope we are looking to strengthen there and that he will become a player used for specific games rather than a regular starter.

Peevemor
23-11-2020, 09:05 AM
Every footballer at all levels should be able to play simple passes. What gogic is unable to do is get himself into space to take the ball off his teammates and move it. Some will say that is not his job but without that we are forced to play a more direct style which is not easy on the eye. I can't think of any good teams who play with such a limited central midfielder.

He is the best we have at the moment but I hope we are looking to strengthen there and that he will become a player used for specific games rather than a regular starter.

That's a different story, but is he unable to do it or have his teammates been told to do other stuff and not play through him, therefore he doesn't look to do it?

HibsGW
23-11-2020, 09:09 AM
Its not nonsense. Marv was an extremely limited player. He actually only ever had 1 real run in the team in the top division. stuggled with anything more than a 15 yard pass and very few of those were forward. He didn't get near the side when Allan rejoined and Dylan went into that role, offering much more.

Gogic is okay but you can see by how often we hoof the ball that he isn't good with it at his feet. He serves his purpose but someone who could take it off the back 4 and move it forward, while losing a little defensively, would make us a better side.

No one expects a defensive player with Toni Kroos ability. One with McGeouch or Fyvies ability would do just fine.

Bartley left and went to a team who finished above us and became their best player. He should never have been allowed to leave. I understand what you’re saying about McGeouch and Fyvie but they are totally different players, they’re central midfielders not defensive midfielders. They dont provide nearly the same amount of defensive cover that Bartley or Gogic do. Midfielders who’s job is to defend first which is a particular role, are usually not going to be the best technical players as they are first and foremost, defensive players. I think your argument is more that you’d rather we didn’t play with a defensive midfielder because you think we’d play better without one. That would be more reasonable.

superfurryhibby
23-11-2020, 09:15 AM

Agree with this. He’s got a job to do, but it isn”t pretty. Hopefully McGennis can come good and be part of a more creative midfield, along side Newell, Allan or Mallan.

Plays the Matty Jack role without his skill on the ball. Gogic has made us harder to play through, but also limits creativity. His positives outweigh the negatives overall though.

MWHIBBIES
23-11-2020, 09:19 AM
Bartley left and went to a team who finished above us and became their best player. He should never have been allowed to leave. I understand what you’re saying about McGeouch and Fyvie but they are totally different players, they’re central midfielders not defensive midfielders. They dont provide nearly the same amount of defensive cover that Bartley or Gogic do. Midfielders who’s job is to defend first which is a particular role, are usually not going to be the best technical players as they are first and foremost, defensive players. I think your argument is more that you’d rather we didn’t play with a defensive midfielder because you think we’d play better without one. That would be more reasonable.

Marv started 7 league games in his last season here (we won 2 of them) He was quite rightly allowed to leave. He really wasn't that big a loss. Our midfield was poor when he was still here because we lost McGeouch and McGinn. This idea that Marv was some big loss is way off the mark, always has been. We lost 2 FAR superior players. Marv is still at Livi and they have less than half our points total. They had a decent run while us and Hearts started badly. He got slapped about by Gogic and Newall this season when we hammered Livi 4-1.

I'd say we were much better defensively with Dylan in there instead of Marv. A lot less tackling is needed when you keep the ball better, control the game etc. Notice how Lewis, Gray and McGregor have all struggled since Dylan left? Not an accident. Not all due to age. Him always helping take the ball from them and helping them out of trouble made them look better than they probably were. Thats a vital thing.

I love Marv for his big derby performances and his spirit and attitude but he was never really THAT good. Letting him go was spot on.

HibsGW
23-11-2020, 09:27 AM
Marv started 7 league games in his last season here (we won 2 of them) He was quite rightly allowed to leave. He really wasn't that big a loss. Our midfield was poor when he was still here because we lost McGeouch and McGinn. This idea that Marv was some big loss is way off the mark, always has been. We lost 2 FAR superior players. Marv is still at Livi and they have less than half our points total. They had a decent run while us and Hearts started badly. He got slapped about by Gogic and Newall this season when we hammered Livi 4-1.

I'd say we were much better defensively with Dylan in there instead of Marv. A lot less tackling is needed when you keep the ball better, control the game etc. Notice how Lewis, Gray and McGregor have all struggled since Dylan left? Not an accident. Not all due to age. Him always helping take the ball from them and helping them out of trouble made them look better than they probably were. Thats a vital thing.

I love Marv for his big derby performances and his spirit and attitude but he was never really THAT good. Letting him go was spot on.

I don’t think he was a massive loss either, but the fact that he always gave you a reliable performance in big games against strong opposition meant that he was useful to have around. He shouldn’t have been a starter as I agree that we play better when we don’t have a player of his or Gogic’s type playing every game. The amount of big performances he put in in big games can’t be argued though and it demonstrates the value of a player like Bartley or Gogic.

Of course we lost 2 far superior players, nobody is going to argue that but it doesn’t change the fact that he had a big role to play in the squad whilst he was here. Lewis, Gray, McGregor and Bartley are all struggling now not because of McGeouch leaving, it’s because they’re all about 34/35 now. I loved McGeouch at us but making him out to be a proper top midfielder simply isn’t accurate, it’s why he’s not made any impact at Sunderland or Aberdeen. And I don’t want that to look like a criticism of him because he was great for us. Which I suspect was mainly because he played alongside John McGinn who as we can all see now, must be like playing alongside 2 extra midfielders with the energy he plays with

MWHIBBIES
23-11-2020, 09:53 AM
I don’t think he was a massive loss either, but the fact that he always gave you a reliable performance in big games against strong opposition meant that he was useful to have around. He shouldn’t have been a starter as I agree that we play better when we don’t have a player of his or Gogic’s type playing every game. The amount of big performances he put in in big games can’t be argued though and it demonstrates the value of a player like Bartley or Gogic.

Of course we lost 2 far superior players, nobody is going to argue that but it doesn’t change the fact that he had a big role to play in the squad whilst he was here. Lewis, Gray, McGregor and Bartley are all struggling now not because of McGeouch leaving, it’s because they’re all about 34/35 now. I loved McGeouch at us but making him out to be a proper top midfielder simply isn’t accurate, it’s why he’s not made any impact at Sunderland or Aberdeen. And I don’t want that to look like a criticism of him because he was great for us. Which I suspect was mainly because he played alongside John McGinn who as we can all see now, must be like playing alongside 2 extra midfielders with the energy he plays with

At Hibs, McGeouch was a top midfielder, simple as. His impact at other clubs doesn't change that at all. Some of our best ever players have failed at other clubs.

David Gray is 32, Lewis is 32. Not really ages that players are finished these days. Ibra is smashing them in at 39.

Marv had some good performances in big games, mainly derbies. He started 2 wins against Rangers and none against Celtic. Overall he was a good player for us. Not one we should really be upset about letting go, though.

hibee-boys
23-11-2020, 10:41 AM
Gogic was brought here to do a specific job and, in the vast majority of games, he’s been doing exactly that. His fitness levels and distribution is a clear upgrade on Marv, and I loved the big guy. The issue is that we need more from the other 1 or 2 CM playing alongside him. I suspect that’s is why we’ve brought in Magennis to offer us more drive, penetration from CM.

AugustaHibs
19-12-2020, 03:54 PM
No idea what this guy is good at. Lucky if he made one pass when he came on and we lost control of the midfield as soon as he came on

Vault Boy
19-12-2020, 03:57 PM
No idea what this guy is good at. Lucky if he made one pass when he came on and we lost control of the midfield as soon as he came on

Apart from two very good passes, one to release Boyle and one up to Doidge.

Thought he was useful when he came on and better than a tired Hallberg. If you're not sure what he's good at, I'd suggest watching some more of him.

BoyledEgg
19-12-2020, 04:00 PM

Thought he was useful when he came on and better than a tired Hallberg. If you're not sure what he's good at, I'd suggest watching some more of him.

He’s the worst player at Hibs. It’s no coincidence that we were woeful when he came on. Gave away 2 free kicks as soon as he came on, the ball is like a hot potato when it’s near him, launching it aimlessly up the park instead of taking a touch and making a simple pass.

AugustaHibs
19-12-2020, 04:01 PM
He’s the worst player at Hibs. It’s no coincidence that we were woeful when he came on. Gave away 2 free kicks as soon as he came on, the ball is like a hot potato when it’s near him, launching it aimlessly up the park instead of taking a touch and making a simple pass.

Agreed, never a footballer.

Vault Boy
19-12-2020, 04:02 PM

No he isn't. Made a huge difference to us at the start of the season particularly.

Again, played two very good passes to set free Boyle and Doidge. United were already getting back into the game when he came on. Goal we conceded was nothing to do with him.

greenlex
19-12-2020, 04:02 PM

This. Some folk are ****ing mental.

supermcginn
19-12-2020, 04:04 PM

He's not brilliant but he's better than hallberg.

truehibernian
19-12-2020, 04:06 PM
Lewis Stevenson could have prevented it - didn't - nowt to do with Gogic today. Hibs strikers needs a good, long hard look at themselves today for me. Game should have been out of sight, as it was, we went typical Hibs in the mindset and let them back in. Team still incredibly soft and needs addressed. No leaders.

PH91
19-12-2020, 04:12 PM
The best way to see a game out is to keep the ball. We are far worse at that with gogic on the pitch than not.

Greenbeard
19-12-2020, 08:43 PM
The best way to see a game out is to keep the ball. We are far worse at that with gogic on the pitch than not.
This 100%. We just hoofed it back to them last 10mins. No control. Gogic the worst offender.

Magpie
19-12-2020, 09:08 PM
I’d be interested to see his pass completion rate, can’t be great.

Callum_62
19-12-2020, 09:10 PM
Agreed, never a footballer.Lol.

J-C
19-12-2020, 09:35 PM
He stood out in a poor Hamilton team, he looked exactly what we needed when we signed him but the more I see him the more I'm coming to the conclusion he's not that great and not a patch on big Marv, he'll do a job in certain games but it's looking more likely with the midfielders we had out today, he'll play less and less.

Iggy Pope
19-12-2020, 09:51 PM

How did you find all those stats on Arteta but you can’t dig this really crucial one out? Poor statting really, you’ll lose cred.

Personally, I can’t see his pass rate being too bad in the 20 mins he was on. Passes on a par with the rest of the midfield (I think) in that period, and yes, probably more tackles. Certainly from what I watched.

hibbysam
19-12-2020, 09:52 PM
He stood out in a poor Hamilton team, he looked exactly what we needed when we signed him but the more I see him the more I'm coming to the conclusion he's not that great and not a patch on big Marv, he'll do a job in certain games but it's looking more likely with the midfielders we had out today, he'll play less and less.

Surprised we don’t try and utilise him at centre half in games like today. For the last ten minutes, go 5-4-1 and just accept that we couldn’t get the second goal and shut up shop. Bring McGinn on in the middle and Gogic to centre half and we’d be far more compact. Not pretty but would hopefully avoid wasting 80 minutes of outstanding play by chucking it away.

hibbysam
19-12-2020, 10:01 PM

65% in the Premiership this season. Compared to 82% for Newell.

Magpie
19-12-2020, 10:06 PM
How did you find all those stats on Arteta but you can’t dig this really crucial one out? Poor statting really, you’ll lose cred.

Personally, I can’t see his pass rate being too bad in the 20 mins he was on. Passes on a par with the rest of the midfield (I think) in that period, and yes, probably more tackles. Certainly from what I watched.

Most stats I see are from Twitter.

I would be interested in his overall pass completion rate from every game he has played for us this season, not just from today’s game.

Magpie
19-12-2020, 10:07 PM

Thank you! I expected it to not be so great.

jacomo
19-12-2020, 10:11 PM

He had a bad 20 minutes today, no question. But let’s put it down to experience and move on. In other games he’s looked quite assured.

Big Marv had some very fine games for us, Gogic would do very well to emulate that kind of impact.

Iggy Pope
19-12-2020, 10:13 PM

How do their minutes on the pitch compare Sam? Not that I was comparing him to Newell alone.

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-12-2020, 10:13 PM
Gogic was poor today. Could easily have been yellow carded twice within 10 mins of coming on and generally had a poor game. I do think he has part in the Hibs team, just not today.

In hindsight Halberg should have been kept on, but hey, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

hibbysam
19-12-2020, 10:17 PM
How do their minutes on the pitch compare Sam? Not that I was comparing him to Newell alone.

1473 Newell, 1245 Gogic.

Iggy Pope
19-12-2020, 10:32 PM
1473 Newell, 1245 Gogic.

230 mins more for Joe Newell to make passes then, give or take injury time.
2 and a half games.
We’ve only played 1620. Assuming it’s league minutes.

Like I said, I wasn’t comparing Newell v Gogic. It was only Gogic being questioned and I can’t see he’s doing badly if I’m honest. Based on percentages.

hibbysam
19-12-2020, 10:35 PM
230 mins more for Joe Newell to make passes then, give or take injury time.
2 and a half games.
We’ve only played 1620. Assuming it’s league minutes.

Like I said, I wasn’t comparing Newell v Gogic. It was only Gogic being questioned and I can’t see he’s doing badly if I’m honest. Based on percentages.

Minutes doesn’t really matter though, it’s not number of completed passes, it’s a %. I’d still expect a midfielder who is fairly safe (by that I mean Gogic doesn’t try Scott Allan type forward passes in the main, not a criticism), I’d expect him to complete far more than 2 of every 3 attempted.

Magpie
19-12-2020, 10:37 PM
Minutes doesn’t really matter though, it’s not number of completed passes, it’s a %. I’d still expect a midfielder who is fairly safe (by that I mean Gogic doesn’t try Scott Allan type forward passes in the main, not a criticism), I’d expect him to complete far more than 2 of every 3 attempted.

👍🏻

Iggy Pope
19-12-2020, 10:45 PM

Less minutes matters surely as it means less minutes afforded to complete a pass. It’s not an average is it? A player could be on the pitch two minutes and have 100% success. It’s a %. Have I got that right?

Again though, the question was not Newell v Gogic and sorry that’s not your doing. It was only Gogic passes that were raised. At less games it seems he’s favourable.

Iggy Pope
19-12-2020, 10:46 PM
👍🏻

👎

hibbysam
20-12-2020, 04:38 AM
Less minutes matters surely as it means less minutes afforded to complete a pass. It’s not an average is it? A player could be on the pitch two minutes and have 100% success. It’s a %. Have I got that right?

Again though, the question was not Newell v Gogic and sorry that’s not your doing. It was only Gogic passes that were raised. At less games it seems he’s favourable.

It wasn’t Newell vs Gogic but I put Newell’s numbers up to show the comparison between the two players that have played the most together in that position. Gogic’s numbers aren’t anywhere near good enough in a team that want to keep the ball. Yesterday, we should have seen the game out by keeping the ball and defending properly, Gogic should have either stayed on the bench or came on at centre half.

neil7908
20-12-2020, 06:27 AM
I actually thought his passing was better than normal yesterday but his tackling was poor.

I still he's an important player for us but if we go with a 2 (presuming Newell is a starter) then he's behind Hallberg and I'd imagine Magennis will move into the middle soon.

AugustaHibs
02-01-2021, 02:28 PM
Imposter

MWHIBBIES
02-01-2021, 02:29 PM
Questioned before we signed him if he was actually required. He's just a big lump who can't pass. A star for Hamilton, way out of his depth here.

Magpie
02-01-2021, 02:30 PM
Questioned before we signed him if he was actually required. He's just a big lump who can't pass. A star for Hamilton, way out of his depth here.

Deluded.

AugustaHibs
02-01-2021, 02:31 PM
Deluded.

He’s ****ing hopeless. He’s not made a pass yet

MWHIBBIES
02-01-2021, 02:32 PM
Deluded.

Had to report you now mate. Just abuse. Go take a break

Tricla
02-01-2021, 02:33 PM
Deluded.

Do you just copy and paste this post?

Magpie
Had to report you now mate. Just abuse. Go take a break

Dont be so delusional mate.

easty
Dont be so delusional mate.

Can someone launch this poster. Clogging the board up with this *****.

MWHIBBIES
02-01-2021, 02:35 PM

Yep. He's having an absolute meltdown. Worrying behaviour

Hiber-nation
02-01-2021, 02:37 PM
Deluded.

You are not a Hibs supporter. Rumbled at last.

Sir David Gray
02-01-2021, 02:41 PM
I thought he was decent and what we needed in the middle but he's proving to be a pretty limited footballer.

Magpie
02-01-2021, 02:42 PM

If you say so mate.

Andy74
02-01-2021, 02:43 PM

Agree.

Diclonius
02-01-2021, 02:44 PM
Not impressed with him at all tbh.

Hibernianrus
02-01-2021, 02:46 PM
I thought he was decent and what we needed in the middle but he's proving to be a pretty limited footballer.

exactly this. When things are going well then he gets pass marks but when things turn against us he looks very poor and is an easy scapegoat. Slow and ponderous .

Bright_Hibee
02-01-2021, 02:55 PM
I've said it before and I will say it again, he is a waste of a jersey

LeithMike
02-01-2021, 06:20 PM
Worth giving Gogic a try at centre-half? He is a converted centre-half after all. Just shows the folly in getting rid of Marven.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hibees1973
02-01-2021, 06:46 PM
Hopefully some more people on this thread and others have seen the light today over this imposter.

He can’t run, cannot control the ball, cannot retain the ball and cannot pass the ball. Ross seems to see him as a protector of our fragile centre half’s. WTF.

He is not.

Gogic is one of the worst players Hibs have signed since Butcher was the manager.

Really concerns me what Ross and our recruitment team saw in this guy.

Not good enough to pull on a Hibs jersey.

Hibiza
02-01-2021, 07:00 PM
Gogic , p McGinn , s McGinn ,mallan , wright.hallberg, doidge , ross - journeymen.

A Hi-Bee
02-01-2021, 07:01 PM

been saying that for months a high smell of the jambo stench around every post he makes.
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin

A Hi-Bee
02-01-2021, 07:03 PM
Hopefully some more people on this thread and others have seen the light today over this imposter.

He can’t run, cannot control the ball, cannot retain the ball and cannot pass the ball. Ross seems to see him as a protector of our fragile centre half’s. WTF.

He is not.

Gogic is one of the worst players Hibs have signed since Butcher was the manager.

Really concerns me what Ross and our recruitment team saw in this guy.

Not good enough to pull on a Hibs jersey.

At first I thought you were describing Doige, but being honest they are both in my humble not the best Hibs players I have seen in the past.

we are hibs
11-01-2021, 08:38 PM
My MOTM. Battled for absolutely everything and won most of them.

04Sauzee
11-01-2021, 08:39 PM
My MOTM. Battled for absolutely everything and won most of them.
Outstanding

tamig
11-01-2021, 08:40 PM
Superb tonight.

hibeedonald
11-01-2021, 08:40 PM
Class today, not sure how that can be the same players as some previous games. Didn't give away stupid fouls, lots of successful tackles, much better pass accuracy

JohnM1875
11-01-2021, 08:44 PM
Big man was class tonight. Deserves a lot of credit for that performance. In there against McGregor, Turnbull and Soro

MWHIBBIES
11-01-2021, 08:45 PM
Very good tonight