PDA

View Full Version : New levels of disappointment

LancsHibs
31-10-2020, 06:51 PM
Probably not the time to post but can’t believe the levels of disappointment supporting Hibs brings. A match we should have easily dominated brings more heartache. Signing off now and forgetting about football for a while. There are more important things going on🥵

Magpie
31-10-2020, 06:52 PM
We need to get our heads sorted fast because we have a huge game against Aberdeen next week.

Onion
31-10-2020, 06:54 PM
Probably not the time to post but can’t believe the levels of disappointment supporting Hibs brings. A match we should have easily dominated brings more heartache. Signing off now and forgetting about football for a while. There are more important things going on🥵

Indeed there are. It is disturbing that bookies and many pundits had Hearts to win this match well before a ball was kicked. Zero logic in that, other than Hearts have a psychological hold over the vast majority of Hibs players and squads.

IMO most Hibs v Hearts matches are won well before the players run out onto the field.

Lee Marvin
31-10-2020, 06:56 PM
We need to get our heads sorted fast because we have a huge game against Aberdeen next week.

Nah, the huge game was today. Next week is inconsequential compared to today.

Today was so much bigger than 3rd in the league will ever be. We bottles it. Again.

One Day
31-10-2020, 06:56 PM

I agree, another let down. So disappointing

A Hi-Bee
31-10-2020, 06:59 PM

That sounds like a bloody good plan, sometimes the fitba takes over but it is just a daft game at the end of the day.
**** the hertz

California-Hibs
31-10-2020, 07:02 PM

Thing is we did dominate it, we just didn't take our chances. Incredible 1st half save from Gordon and then not turning all our 2nd half possession into goals. Missing a penalty in 2nd half extra time is criminal and would have no doubt won us the game. We lost it ourselves

pollution
31-10-2020, 07:02 PM
Let's think straight here: getting to a cup final means little unless we win it, and against Celtic there was little chance of that happening.

I would rather compete for 3rd or 4th place in the top league for a place in Europe than be a losing finalist as Hearts will be and play in the championship.

Every time.

Ok, we really should have done better today but it is not the end of our season.

California-Hibs
31-10-2020, 07:05 PM
Let's think straight here: getting to a cup final means little unless we win it, and against Celtic there was little chance of that happening.

I would rather compete for 3rd or 4th place in the top league for a place in Europe than be a losing finalist as Hearts will be and play in the championship.

Every time.

Ok, we really should have done better today but it is not the end of our season.

Against Celtic there was little chance of that happening? Have you seen Celtic this season??

Gerard
31-10-2020, 07:06 PM
You tend to learn from your failures more than the things you succeed in. I hope this will be seen as an incentive to win when the prize of victory is a chance to win silverware

Since452
31-10-2020, 07:07 PM
Arguably more embarrassing than the 4-0 semi. The most worrying thing is I just accept it against them now. It's normal to be humiliated by them.

Hiber-nation
31-10-2020, 07:07 PM
You tend to learn from your failures more than the things you succeed in. I hope this will be seen as an incentive to win when the prize of victory is a chance to win silverware

Eh??

KingPat4
31-10-2020, 07:11 PM
I expected to lose and to lose in the sort of manner we did, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, it's what we do.

This Hearts thing feels like a curse.

:brickwall

neil7908
31-10-2020, 07:13 PM
With the way the world is right now this one has hit me hard. It would be nice for the club to be a bright spot in the dark times but they just keep finding new ways to punish the fans.

After 2016 I don't think I'll ever have such a high watching Hibs. Games like this make me want to just give up.

PatHead
31-10-2020, 07:18 PM
At this moment in time I hate Hibs for making me feel like this. I hate how we have so many opportunities to grind them into the ground like a **** on my shoe and we fail to do it. I hate how,at a time like this when life is so rubbish, they manage to make me feel like this.
I don't feel angry I just feel let down and annoyed. I don't want to speak to anyone just now because I wouldn't be good company.
Why do I love them so much?

Stevie Reid
31-10-2020, 07:18 PM
Against Celtic there was little chance of that happening? Have you seen Celtic this season??

A game v Celtic at Hampden, in front of no fans and with their current fallibilities, would be as good a chance as you’ll get.

Hearts have a shot in the final, no matter who they play.

DTS
31-10-2020, 07:19 PM
23 years of life and this is the worst I’ve felt after a hibs game and IMO the most embarrassing result.

Peevemor
31-10-2020, 07:20 PM
23 years of life and this is the worst I’ve felt after a hibs game and IMO the most embarrassing result.Oh dear! You haven't lived then.

Stevie Reid
31-10-2020, 07:22 PM
At this moment in time I hate Hibs for making me feel like this. I hate how we have so many opportunities to grind them into the ground like a **** on my shoe and we fail to do it. I hate how,at a time like this when life is so rubbish, they manage to make me feel like this.
I don't feel angry I just feel let down and annoyed. I don't want to speak to anyone just now because I wouldn't be good company.
Why do I love them so much?

Agree with all of the emotion, bar hating Hibs - totally know what you mean though. Each defeat is not in isolation, it carries the baggage of every single sore one before it.

Apparently that is only their 6th win in the last 20 derbies - but the last two have been huge opportunities for us to kick them while they are down. Much like the relegation derby in 2013.

Time and time again we mess it up, in a variety of different ways. They never miss a chance with us.

KingPat4
31-10-2020, 07:22 PM
23 years of life and this is the worst I’ve felt after a hibs game and IMO the most embarrassing result.

Worse than 5-1? Yer having a laff.

Silky
31-10-2020, 07:24 PM
Nah, the huge game was today. Next week is inconsequential compared to today.

Today was so much bigger than 3rd in the league will ever be. We bottles it. Again.

Really? I'd be delighted to finish third. Would be the highest finish for years. I'd bite yer hand off.

neil7908
31-10-2020, 07:25 PM

Although that was a worse result, it was against a very good Hearts team pumped out with Lithuanian tax payers money. And we had a player sent off.

Today we played an appalling Hearts team. We should be beating them comfortably at the moment. It's an absolute shocker.

.Sean.
31-10-2020, 07:25 PM
I can get why folk think it’s worse than 5-1. Back then Hearts were on top, better squad, better manager, financially doped, we were a team full of heartless loanees. We knew the script and were never winning that. But now we’re the league above them with a squad apparently capable of finishing third yet we lose that? Absolute disgrace

PatHead
31-10-2020, 07:26 PM

It is actually. I didn't expect us to win that day. There is nothing good in my life just now and that has just made it 100 times worse.

Since452
31-10-2020, 07:28 PM
Although that was a worse result, it was against a very good Hearts team pumped out with Lithuanian tax payers money. And we had a player sent off.

Today we played an appalling Hearts team. We should be beating them comfortably at the moment. It's an absolute shocker.

I agree. An appalling lower league Hearts team with Craig Wighton up front and a half fit Andy Halliday in midfield that just scraped past Arbroath.

pollution
31-10-2020, 07:31 PM
The weather and the pitch were never going to favour our style of play and it showed.

Hearts will always plod away, come hell or high water and it worked for them today.

Their sub of Naismith worked exactly as a spoiler does: we missed a penalty so we carry on into our next Premiership match having learned a lesson.

KingPat4
31-10-2020, 07:32 PM
I felt ill at times watching tonight, but nothing can compare to 5-1. I came home and went to bed for two days.

:chop:

Gerard
31-10-2020, 07:35 PM
Eh??

If you feel the pain of losing it should make you more determined to do everything you can to win games like this in the future. You need to learn why you failed and to apply that knowledge in the future do you can win football games

HibsGW
31-10-2020, 07:36 PM
The weather and the pitch were never going to favour our style of play and it showed.

Hearts will always plod away, come hell or high water and it worked for them today.

Their sub of Naismith worked exactly as a spoiler does: we missed a penalty so we carry on into our next Premiership match having learned a lesson.

I know the forecast was terrible but I honestly don’t feel like the weather played any part in the game today, the ball never looked to get caught in the wind and the pitch wasn’t crazily wet or anything like that. The ball was kept on the ground for the most part from both teams and don’t think either team could complain with the conditions

Lee Marvin
31-10-2020, 07:36 PM
Really? I'd be delighted to finish third. Would be the highest finish for years. I'd bite yer hand off.

Where did I say I wouldnt be happy to finish 3rd? Relative to today, 3rd is secondary.

NOLA
31-10-2020, 07:37 PM
I’ve seen hibs batter hertz on the field and we still lose! You get your hopes up and still end up feeling deflated [emoji43]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2020, 07:37 PM

21/20 aberdeen, get yer cash on.

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2020, 07:39 PM
I’ve seen hibs batter hertz on the field and we still lose! You get your hopes up and still end up feeling deflated [emoji43]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:agree: i've saw far worse heartz sides beat us

DTS
31-10-2020, 07:41 PM
Oh dear! You haven't lived then.

As stated in 23.

5-1, no real chance of hibs winning that game to a man hearts had a better team and also the financial going on at the time coupled with our mismanagement.

4-0, hibs having just lost O’Connor and many players out added with again probably the best hearts team in my lifetime funded by financial mid management/ cheating

Livi 2-0, a young hibs team and would go on to be great lost against a solid team who had got the better of us in the league that year

Ross county 2-1. A disappointing day, however a championship team against a prem team.

Tonight, hibs 15/16 games into the season and bang on form sitting 3rd in the league 3/4 of the back 4 in the Scotland squad and the most in form striker in the country. Hearts a championship team rebuilding from arguably the worst spell on their recent history only 5 games into their season out performed and looked fitter over 120 minutes.

I stand by it tonight is worse than all the above

keep the faith
31-10-2020, 07:42 PM
This thread should be archived so some posters can see the a*** they are making of themselves tonight (some over two or three threads too) We didnt play well tonight, but still were the better team. Gordon made a word class save, Doidge has a wonderful overhead effort and we missed a penalty gifted to us. Hardly disaster stuff.
The ref was appalling yet still we should have done enough
Sorry guy, but the hysteria on here is embarrassing. With a global pandemic in full swing I think I can live with a non deserved defeat and missing out on a fan less cup final with no european incentive.

Widhibs
31-10-2020, 07:42 PM
We blew it. Again. Us that lost it. Unbelievable missing a penalty and that save from Gordon too. Devastated. Again.

mcfly
31-10-2020, 07:43 PM

Every time.

Eh?? Your no getting it mate.

Yet again we bottled it at hampden v hearts.

Until we beat them in a big game - we will always have that hanging over us. They are rubbish and we still couldn’t get the job done.

Utter disgraceful and not good enough.

Jack Ross doesn’t win big games and until he does the jury is out for me.

Since452
31-10-2020, 07:43 PM
As stated in 23.

5-1, no real chance of hibs winning that game to a man hearts had a better team and also the financial going on at the time coupled with our mismanagement.

4-0, hibs having just lost O’Connor and many players out added with again probably the best hearts team in my lifetime funded by financial mid management/ cheating

Livi 2-0, a young hibs team and would go on to be great lost against a solid team who had got the better of us in the league that year

Ross county 2-1. A disappointing day, however a championship team against a prem team.

Tonight, hibs 15/16 games into the season and bang on form sitting 3rd in the league 3/4 of the back 4 in the Scotland squad and the most in form striker in the country. Hearts a championship team rebuilding from arguably the worst spell on their recent history only 5 games into their season out performed and looked fitter over 120 minutes.

I stand by it tonight is worse than all the above

Our last excuse of not having a level playing field is gone. They've beaten us when they didn't have one. On the biggest stage.

Magpie
31-10-2020, 07:44 PM

Never bet against Hibs in my life but that’s tempting.

heid the baw
31-10-2020, 07:45 PM
This thread should be archived so some posters can see the a*** they are making of themselves tonight (some over two or three threads too) We didnt play well tonight, but still were the better team. Gordon made a word class save, Doidge has a wonderful overhead effort and we missed a penalty gifted to us. Hardly disaster stuff.
Sorry guy, but the hysteria on here is embarrassing. With a global pandemic in full swing I think I can live with a non deserved defeat and missing out on a fan less cup final with no european incentive.

Yep, it was an oddity of a game. Could have gone either way but didn't go ours. There will be other derbies.
Personally not overly bothered.

DTS
31-10-2020, 07:46 PM

The better team? I would say that’s a push. Gordon made an excellent save but should have no chance, see Wighton header. Boyce missed a 1 on 1 which he should’ve done better with as well albeit stemming from a good chance for us doidge had a great effort but it was a comfy save. They scored a pen we missed one.

“Non deserved defeat” it was a very even game against a championship side and we are a club that wishes to consistently get to finals & win them as well as finishing 3rd. Performances like that in big games don’t get it done

neil7908
31-10-2020, 07:49 PM

Football fans in derby loss emotion shocker.

Either Hibs and football matters or it doesn't. If it doesn't matter and I can't get upset at a loss like tonight I'll just pack it in and save myself £100s a year.

I was looking for the club to lift some of the gloom around life at the moment and they've made me feel even more rotten. Sorry if it's offended you to see Hibs fans upset at losing to our bitter rivals in a huge match.

B.H.F.C
31-10-2020, 07:49 PM
At a time when it’s extremely difficult to engage people, this gives people a chance to be extremely pissed off and disengage.

We were playing against an absolutely brutal team. An we blew it. Again. We continually find new ways.

Robbo6-2
31-10-2020, 07:51 PM

Every time.

This sums up what's wrong with our club.

Weak

mcfly
31-10-2020, 07:51 PM

Your bang out of order namecalling. People are entitled to an opinion

It’s all about bottle mate. We have none in these big games recently.

Yes it’s just a game but it was a great chance for bragging rights and cheering up in this difficult time.

The hibs manager has to start proving he’s the right man in these games cause he doesn’t inspire me after today and the last derby at Easter road.

S4uzee
31-10-2020, 07:53 PM
At a time when it’s extremely difficult to engage people, this gives people a chance to be extremely pissed off and disengage.

We were playing against an absolutely brutal team. An we blew it. Again. We continually find new ways.

Totally. You think it can’t get worse yet it does. Who cares about 3rd, we had a chance to be in a cup final.

An absolute disgrace from every single member of staff/players.

B.H.F.C
31-10-2020, 07:54 PM
Totally. You think it can’t get worse yet it does. Who cares about 3rd, we had a chance to be in a cup final.

An absolute disgrace from every single member of staff/players.

Refs fault or something though. Never, ever, down to us.

Our mentality against them is a joke.

calamitus
31-10-2020, 08:00 PM
That Hearts squad is comfortably a top 6 SPL squad, bankrolled largely by their fans, and have strengthened significantly since last season, so current league is irrelevant, as it was when they were spl and we were championship. We lost by a tiny margin to a penalty that wasn't a penalty, and their keeper got man of the match. Get some perspective.

S4uzee
31-10-2020, 08:01 PM
That Hearts squad is comfortably a top 6 SPL squad, bankrolled largely by their fans, and have strengthened significantly since last season, so current league is irrelevant, as it was when they were spl and we were championship. We lost by a tiny margin to a penalty that wasn't a penalty, and their keeper got man of the match. Get some perspective.
Aww have a word with yourself. Have some perspective, that was nothing short of pathetic. Opinions like that result in the players continually having that hard luck and loser mentality

roo62
31-10-2020, 08:03 PM

Good post KTF. Better team lost. It happens.Disappointment is the overriding feeling tonight but the world is in a **** place right now.Reality check needed.

Nicho87
31-10-2020, 08:06 PM
Dross

DTS
31-10-2020, 08:09 PM

Perspective? We’ve lost a semi final to our biggest rivals. A top 6 squad maybe maybe not. However 5 competitive games against 15 competitive games. A pen or not it was going to penalties and that is not acceptable. Again we have not performed in a big game under Jack Ross and that is the perspective. We were nowhere near good enough

calamitus
31-10-2020, 08:11 PM
Aww have a word with yourself. Have some perspective, that was nothing short of pathetic. Opinions like that result in the players continually having that hard luck and loser mentality

I genuinely don't see that in this group of players and recent results. If anything they're quite self assured and have had the rub of the green in games so far this season

CD69
31-10-2020, 08:11 PM
It is actually. I didn't expect us to win that day. There is nothing good in my life just now and that has just made it 100 times worse.

Don’t let this get to you mate. Absolute shocker of a result but there is more to life than football mate. At the end of the day an edinburgh Derby means ****all in the grand scheme of things.

J-C
31-10-2020, 08:12 PM
Not new level just the same ****ty levels when we get beat off that lot and then worse when we play as insipidly as that. Too many passengers in the team not performing in the bigger games yet again, happens all too often over the years, with the odd great game like our final win thrown in, not enough big games like that.

S4uzee
31-10-2020, 08:20 PM
I genuinely don't see that in this group of players and recent results. If anything they're quite self assured and have had the rub of the green in games so far this season

Our biggest game of the season as it was theirs and we lost. Give me scraping a play off in 11th place and beating them and reaching a cup final. This group of players will have to do something absolutely extraordinary to recover from this

The Spaceman
31-10-2020, 08:26 PM
We lost on a game of very fine margins. If Nesbit scores that penalty (as he would do 9/10) we probably win. That’s football. That’s life. We move on in the big league chasing Europe and they can go back to playing Alloa. We were not the worst team today but that’s why football is football.

calamitus
31-10-2020, 08:32 PM
Perspective? We’ve lost a semi final to our biggest rivals. A top 6 squad maybe maybe not. However 5 competitive games against 15 competitive games. A pen or not it was going to penalties and that is not acceptable. Again we have not performed in a big game under Jack Ross and that is the perspective. We were nowhere near good enough

I get what you're saying, and I'm not saying I'm happy with the performance, but to say we were nowhere near good enough is pretty much literally the opposite of what happened. I went into this looking at the squads and thinking it was a coin toss who would win. It turned out like that. We're no better or worse than we were yesterday, which is to say, a good team that's not firing on all cylinders yet and has ridden it's luck a few times. Once the newer signings bed in, I think we'll hammer a few teams, but we're not there yet

The Captain....
31-10-2020, 08:34 PM
I can get why folk think it’s worse than 5-1. Back then Hearts were on top, better squad, better manager, financially doped, we were a team full of heartless loanees. We knew the script and were never winning that. But now we’re the league above them with a squad apparently capable of finishing third yet we lose that? Absolute disgrace

Pretty much agree with you. Absolutely scunnered with Hibs tonight and the thought of watching us huff and puff in a frankly attrocious premier league or whatever its called these days isnt getting me particulrly excited. Will be taking a break from the football and Hibs for a while for the sake of my remaining sanity.

Since452
31-10-2020, 08:36 PM
The better team lost today but I'd rather not be the better team and win derby semi finals. An utterly embarrassing result and one that could set us back quite a bit both on the park and as a fanbase mentality wise. Shocking, shocking result. Absolutely livid and frustrated.

Johnny_Leith
31-10-2020, 08:40 PM
Meh. That's all I can feel about Hibs at the moment. It's been going on a few years now and Hibs just reinforce that I'm right in withdrawing.

Regularly win big games? It's not the Hibs way.

BT58
31-10-2020, 08:48 PM

Behave Dave. Never back against The Cabbage !!!
Can see us winning up there.
B

nickwhibs
31-10-2020, 08:53 PM
Hibs were absolutely not good enough tonight - a disgrace even. But just out of interest, how much do hearts pay in wages in comparison to us? It must be pretty close. Player for player there is not much at all between the sides and probably a few of them better than our players. This is not an excuse for tonight, there is none, but maybe a dose of reality for thinking we are far better team than them. Guys like Gordon, Naismith, Boyce, Kingsley etc must be on big wages in Scottish football terms

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2020, 08:55 PM
Behave Dave. Never back against The Cabbage !!!
Can see us winning up there.
B

wanna bet we don't B :tin hat:

of course i do hope you're right

tamig
31-10-2020, 09:07 PM
If you feel the pain of losing it should make you more determined to do everything you can to win games like this in the future. You need to learn why you failed and to apply that knowledge in the future do you can win football games

It looks like we’ve learned no lessons from previous derby defeats. How many attempts do you need?

Swedish hibee
31-10-2020, 09:44 PM
This is yet another sore one. FFS.

HibsGW
01-11-2020, 08:02 AM
Hibs were absolutely not good enough tonight - a disgrace even. But just out of interest, how much do hearts pay in wages in comparison to us? It must be pretty close. Player for player there is not much at all between the sides and probably a few of them better than our players. This is not an excuse for tonight, there is none, but maybe a dose of reality for thinking we are far better team than them. Guys like Gordon, Naismith, Boyce, Kingsley etc must be on big wages in Scottish football terms

I get that you’re trying to add perspective but most of that team are the same team that took them to relegation. Naismith, Halliday, Boyce don’t get in our team. Gordon does ahead of Marciano and thats about it. Whilst they’re not absolute cannon fodder, we shouldn’t be losing to them with the attacking talent we’ve got

Tambo
01-11-2020, 08:14 AM
Very disappointed and hurt at that result yesterday, this is not the reason we lost yesterday but still find it amazing how Jack Ross thought going with just two first team strikers would be fine.

neil7908
01-11-2020, 08:18 AM
Very disappointed and hurt at that result yesterday, this is not the reason we lost yesterday but still find it amazing how Jack Ross thought going with just two first team strikers would be fine.

This. We have left ourselves with no options up front. Gullan and Wright on the bench but clearly the manager doesn't trust them as we were begging for fresh legs but we're given a chance.

If we played 1 up front I'd understand but criminal to the go into the season playing 2 up top most weeks with no senior back up on the bench.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-11-2020, 08:20 AM
No leaders on the park, no ball winners and certainly no captain to drive us on, there is no way we should be letting absolute garbage like them beat us,I'm dreading Friday night.

neil7908
01-11-2020, 08:25 AM
We were looking a much better team until Naismith and Harring came on. Hearts then took control in the middle of the park, with Halliday and Naismith doing exactly what they always do.

I was glad to see Murphy coming on but we ended up out numbered in midfield. Ross then didn't seem able to make a big change or freshen things up. It was a a left back for a left back and then Mallan on when it was too late.

We should have been bombarding their goal for the last 10 mins but we struggled to get it out of our half. We had given up.

So for me, out thought and out fought for big chunks of the game.

Not good enough against thud Hearts team.

Pretty Boy
01-11-2020, 08:41 AM
It's Hibs. It's a derby. If you were born after about 1965 then this is the norm. The good days against them are the exception.

I was born in 1986 and in that time I have seen Hearts win more derbies at Easter Road than Hibs. Let that sink in, over a period of almost 35 years Hearts have beaten us more times on our own patch than the reverse.

Every game at a neutral venue has been won by Hearts in my lifetime and in their own way each has been a different type of embarrassment.

This isn't a new level of disappointment, it's the default setting. When it comes to a derby Hibs will generally let you down.

Brightside
01-11-2020, 08:42 AM
Aberdeen game is much more important

HibsGW
01-11-2020, 08:44 AM

Is one league game ever bigger than a Scottish cup semi against your rivals?

Since452
01-11-2020, 08:45 AM

Come on. Really? A run of the mill league game more important than a Scottish cup semi at Hampden against Hearts?

Real Emerald
01-11-2020, 08:46 AM
I like Jack Ross but he’s failed badly here and hasn’t really cut it in the big games. Very worrying.

stantonhibby
01-11-2020, 08:47 AM
That's 4 penalties i can recall against them where we've not even hit the target...Last night, McNulty, Craig and going back further Mixu. Can't even mind then missing one against us. Think they missed 1 recently but still scored the rebound.

Real Emerald
01-11-2020, 08:48 AM

Rubbish, a semi final v Hearts is top priority, Aberdeen are irrelevant.

Brightside
01-11-2020, 09:00 AM
Come on. Really? A run of the mill league game more important than a Scottish cup semi at Hampden against Hearts?

I’ll keep saying. Getting 3rd is worth much more to the club that beating hearts in a semi.

Pretty Boy
01-11-2020, 09:05 AM
I’ll keep saying. Getting 3rd is worth much more to the club that beating hearts in a semi.

In what sense? As a short term financial gain from a couple of European ties perhaps although it's debatable how much clubs actually make in these preliminary ties.

The 2016 Cup win saw a spike in ST sales that has persisted but more than that it was a renegagement that money couldn't buy. At a time when we may have to ask fans to once again buy STs without guarantee of in person attendance another cup win would have been a far bigger marketing coup than a battle for 3rd place. Last night's result has denied us that and it's hugely damaging to the relationship between club and fans.

Last night was a bigger game for the club than next weekends is.

neil7908
01-11-2020, 09:06 AM

What do you mean more? As a fan I know what I'll take any time. And 3rd compared to what - 4th, 7th, 12th?

This was a chance to get revenge on our rivals after some terrible Hampden performances against them in recent years, and reach a couple final against one of two beatable teams.

3rd will get us a round or two in Europe, and we may not even be able to make the games in the current climate.

B.H.F.C
01-11-2020, 09:09 AM

You can keep saying it all you want, but you seem to be on your own.

How much more is it worth?

lord bunberry
01-11-2020, 09:09 AM
Another day of shame against that lot. Yet another hibs team that couldn’t get the job done. Yet another manager that doesn’t seem to realise what this fixture means to the fans. Yet more hibs fans trying to justify losing another derby. I will calm down in a few days like I always do, but right now hibs can go and **** themselves, I don’t want to hear from any off them and I don’t want to see them play.

HibsGW
01-11-2020, 09:10 AM
What do you mean more? As a fan I know what I'll take any time. And 3rd compared to what - 4th, 7th, 12th?

This was a chance to get revenge on our rivals after some terrible Hampden performances against them in recent years, and reach a couple final against one of two beatable teams.

3rd will get us a round or two in Europe, and we may not even be able to make the games in the current climate.

Totally agree, and regardless, next game against Aberdeen doesn’t secure 3rd place as it’s one of 38 league games. Nowhere near as big a game as yesterday

Since452
01-11-2020, 09:10 AM
In what sense? As a short term financial gain from a couple of European ties perhaps although it's debatable how much clubs actually make in these preliminary ties.

The 2016 Cup win saw a spike in ST sales that has persisted but more than that it was a renegagement that money couldn't buy. At a time when we may have to ask fans to once again buy STs without guarantee of in person attendance another cup win would have been a far bigger marketing coup than a battle for 3rd place. Last night's result has denied us that and it's hugely damaging to the relationship between club and fans.

Totally agree. Last night has scunnered me. A win yesterday would have had me chomping at the bit to get back to Easter Road. It would have made me think we're on the cusp of something special. Right now I couldn't give a flying **** about the Aberdeen game. That will change by next weekend of course but if they beat us it won't hurt even a fraction as much as this does. I'll traipse along to Easter Road as always when we're allowed but yesterday has really really pissed me off and I'm sure others are feeling worse than me. That was a huge opportunity against them to right few wrongs and we ****ed again. A hugely damaging result that only solidifies their derby mentality.

Sir David Gray
01-11-2020, 09:26 AM

Yep especially the bit in bold.

Peevemor
01-11-2020, 09:43 AM
Yep especially the bit in bold.

Total and utter pish.

Am I fed up about last night - yes.

Is my relationship with the club damaged - not at all!

I'm a Hibs supporter. I've supported Hibs since before I knew what it meant and 50+ years on I'm still here.

A defeat by that lot and a bunch of OTT (and sometimes ridiculous) reactions on here will never change that.

GGTTH!!!

Pretty Boy
01-11-2020, 09:47 AM
Total and utter pish.

I'm a Hibs supporter. I've supported Hibs since before I knew what it meant and 50+ years on I'm still here.

A defeat by that lot and a bunch of OTT (and sometimes ridiculous) reactions on here will never change that.

GGTTH!!!

Believe it or not I wasn't thinking solely about your situation when I posted. There are tens of thousands of Hibs fans.

History has shown that in times of success people are more receptive to the clubs vision and that is reflected in ST sales, walk up attendances and general engagement. In leaner times that all drops off and the first 2 in particular are problematic for everybody.

That's a breakdown of a relationship between anything from a few hundred to a few thousand Hibs fans and the club.

B.H.F.C
01-11-2020, 09:49 AM
Total and utter pish.

GGTTH!!!

You think it’s pish, many don’t.

People have stumped up a fortune this season. Games like last night make them question whether they want to continue doing so. That’s damaging.

the tornadoe
01-11-2020, 09:56 AM

No it isn't, No it wasn't...

makaveli1875
01-11-2020, 09:59 AM
Weve been losing these sorts of games against them my whole life i dunno why anyone is shocked/surprised/dissapointed .
I always have a chuckle at the pregame predictions of us hammering them and wonder what planet these folk have been living on for the last 35 years

Turkish Green
01-11-2020, 10:59 AM
It is as if there was a curse on the club when it comes to major games against Hearts. Looking at Jack Ross before the game he looked a defeated man. As a Hearts reject I'd have thought he would be buzzing to get the team motivated against lower league opposition but apparently not.

Was this the most subdued Hibs attack this season. As I said, it appears that Hearts have a monkey curse over Hibs. So disappointing.

pollution
01-11-2020, 11:21 AM
Champagne waiting in the fridge is always a downer.

neil7908
01-11-2020, 11:48 AM
Total and utter pish.

GGTTH!!!

I'm afraid that's not how most people work. Many have financial issues at the moment and if the club keep kicking them then supporters will disengage.

Peevemor
01-11-2020, 11:59 AM
I'm afraid that's not how most people work. Many have financial issues at the moment and if the club keep kicking them then supporters will disengage.

For me it's never been first and foremost a financial thing. Supporting a team like Hibs is about a range of illogical emotions.

Borderhibbie76
01-11-2020, 12:00 PM

I agree with u mate said that on another thread- am angrier that I was after the 5 1 as that was a decent Hertz side and we were gash. But I expected so much more from this Hibs team and yet again they've let us down when it really matters against that lot.. sickening

Since452
01-11-2020, 12:01 PM
Feel just like I did when they beat is in the final. Feel utterly let down.

chrisski33
01-11-2020, 12:20 PM

Every time.

Ok, we really should have a better today but it is not the end of our season.

Against Celtic? Their game hasnt played yet and theres a good chance Aberdeen will beat them.

Id rather compete to be 3rd in the League and beat Hearts in a semi final. Anyone saying other is lying.
So imagine Hearts win the cup and the championship you'd be happy with them ramming it down our throats that beat us at Hampden (again)?