PDA

View Full Version : Boyle

SteveHFC
31-10-2020, 06:32 PM
He needs dropped. Been really poor over the past few games.

Ozyhibby
31-10-2020, 06:35 PM
Hope there is a cooling off period on that contract? Embarrassingly bad performance from him. Porteous showed why he won’t go any higher than the spfl as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheat Hound
31-10-2020, 06:36 PM
He was posted missing, not for the first time

Bostonhibby
31-10-2020, 06:38 PM
Poor for a while now, hits the first defenders legs with nearly every attempt at a ball in.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
31-10-2020, 06:40 PM
Pish for weeks unfortunately.

He was anonymous tonight.

The Captain....
31-10-2020, 06:41 PM
Knock ball out of feet..snatch at cross, hit first defender..repeat. either that or underhit majority of passes. Drives you insane.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

cabbage_88
31-10-2020, 06:42 PM
He has been pathetic for weeks, shameful tonight. Deserves to be dropped from the squad

Booked4Being-Ugly
31-10-2020, 06:42 PM
He has been shocking for weeks.

Got the touch of an elephant just now for some reason.

We needed all our big players to step up tonight and unfortunately Boyle was one that went into hiding.

Glory Lurker
31-10-2020, 06:43 PM
Celtic on his mind? Magennis was anonymous too. Not good enough.

Hiber-nation
31-10-2020, 06:44 PM
That Kingsley can't run yet Boyle seemed terrified to take him on. He'll need to take this on the chin as he is our most valuable player and he didn't turn up in one of the biggest games that he'll play in. Miles short of what was required against a team as poor if not worse than your Hamiltons and St Mirrens.

Greenio
31-10-2020, 06:44 PM
Annoymous?

Not at all.

He didn't take his chances but at least he had chances to take.

Plus his crosses first half.

It's **** we lost, but let's not just scapegoat Boyel eh.

The 90+2
31-10-2020, 06:45 PM
He’s ****in ****.

MWHIBBIES
31-10-2020, 06:45 PM
Celtic on his mind? Magennis was anonymous too. Not good enough.

He is not even remotely good enough for Celtic.

He was there, all summer, for anyone who wanted him. Hibs is his level. Inconsistent, one trick pony who, whenever he has any time to think, makes a **** of it. Only turned up in one derby from the 10 or do he's played.

The 90+2
31-10-2020, 06:46 PM
Annoymous?

Not at all.

He was ****in brutal. His decision making absolutely shocking man. That pass to play in Nisbit **** sake.

scuttle
31-10-2020, 06:47 PM
With his pace he should be terrorising defenders, tonight it was get the ball and put it in the box every occasion. Is he under instruction to do this or is his confidence that low. Needs a spell on the bench

The Harp Awakes
31-10-2020, 06:49 PM
That Kingsley can't run yet Boyle seemed terrified to take him on. He'll need to take this on the chin as he is our most valuable player and he didn't turn up in one of the biggest games that he'll play in. Miles short of what was required against a team as poor if not worse than your Hamiltons and St Mirrens.

Couldn't understand why Boyle time after time shied away from taking him on. You can't be scared in these games, you need to have the desire to win. Boyle looked scared.

my left peg
Would agree with you ,but he should have had two assists in the first half...it was a poor all round performance...only Doidge and Newall looked up to speed

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

hibeerealist
A ****** headless chicken who is believing what the happy clappers think of him, needs a boot up the arse and back to basics

Coco Bryce
31-10-2020, 06:50 PM
He's just not that good to be honest.

Vault Boy
31-10-2020, 06:50 PM
Set up some good chances. Was probably fouled in the box. Excellent cross for Nisbet's header. We score from any of these and this thread wouldn't exist. Go figure.

Coco Bryce
31-10-2020, 06:52 PM
Set up some good chances. Was probably fouled in the box. Excellent cross for Nisbet's header. We score from any of these and this thread wouldn't exist. Go figure.

But we never. He was pish. Go figure.

Vault Boy
31-10-2020, 06:54 PM
But we never. He was pish. Go figure.

It's Boyle's fault nobody scored the chances he created aye? Usual nonsense after a derby loss, folk lose their heads. Take Boyle out of the team and see how well we do this season.

Hiber-nation
31-10-2020, 06:58 PM
It's Boyle's fault nobody scored the chances he created aye? Usual nonsense after a derby loss, folk lose their heads. Take Boyle out of the team and see how well we do this season.

He wouldn't take on a full back who could hardly run. That's his game and he just didn't perform. Nowhere near good enough.

Tully
31-10-2020, 06:59 PM
Wee spell out the team is required, been well of his game for weeks, yes he played a couple of lovely passes, but he sure messed up a lot more than he did good, not just his fault but he needs to up his game big style

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2020, 07:02 PM
he will never be as good as Rachael unfortunately, infact....HE should have taken HER name when they married

:)

Coco Bryce
31-10-2020, 07:03 PM

Been pish all season. Let's drop him.

California-Hibs
31-10-2020, 07:03 PM
Didn't get the Boyle from Boxing Day that knocked 2 past them. Very disappointing from him today..

Roxyhibee
31-10-2020, 07:05 PM
We’ve got Boyle mark I back and it was getting like that since the beginning of the year. Plenty of pace and disruption but back to nervous feet and zero composure. Could have done so much tonight. Real shame.

theonlywayisup
31-10-2020, 07:07 PM
Some bonkers posts above. Football is a team game and it needs all players to play their part. Boyle excels in games when the midfield are in control and they can play the ball in front of Boyle for him to use his pace and skill to get past the defender and put in the telling cross or score himself.

Today, he kept getting the ball in the wingback position. He had two, sometimes three players to get past. That's not his fault.

The problem today was that we never had control of midfield. With hindsight, it would have been better playing Boyle as one of the front two with a solid midfield four behind him, sacrificing either Doidge or Nisbet.

Hermit Crab
31-10-2020, 07:08 PM
He's not good enough for Hibernian FC. IMO.

gaz1875
31-10-2020, 07:09 PM
His pass completion rate must be terrible, 2 good crosses today, but again time after time in good positions his pass selection or touch was horrific. We rely on him way too much for what he gives back.

Greenbeard
31-10-2020, 07:09 PM
Annoymous?

Not at all.

I couldn't agree with you more re him not being anonymous. Maybe for a spell but not overall. He was involved a fair bit.
But unfortunately, 95% of his involvement was utter pish. So mush for the excuses made after the Killie game that the pitch didn't suit him and he'd do better on the wide open space of Hampden. He was worse and I am amazed he wasn't hooked. He has just lost it. Doing 1 on 1 preview interviews in advance and talking him up as an Australian international doesn't help. He needs a few weeks out of the limelight to get himself sorted.

allmodcons
31-10-2020, 07:10 PM
Wow! Talk about meltdown. He didn't have a good game, but others were just as bad.

Some of the comments on here beggar believe. Fans or fannies?

hibee_girl
31-10-2020, 07:11 PM

That’s ridiculous

Peevemor
31-10-2020, 07:12 PM
I'm out of here for tonight. There's some ridiculous knee jerk pish on here.

Greenbeard
31-10-2020, 07:15 PM
Wow! Talk about meltdown. He didn't have a good game, but others were just as bad.

Others weren't great but Boyle was well ahead in the Played Pish stakes.

Hermit Crab
31-10-2020, 07:16 PM
That’s ridiculous

Is it though? He's been murder for weeks.

theonlywayisup
31-10-2020, 07:17 PM
I'm out of here for tonight. There's some ridiculous knee jerk pish on here.

Bonkers isn't it. Best to ignore Hibs.net of a while, whilst the Yams wind-up merchants take over the place.

Jones28

Since when? Ffs admins will you tidy this nonsense up?!

theonlywayisup
Is it though? He's been murder for weeks.

Please tell us, who would you play in his place?

supermcginn
31-10-2020, 07:19 PM
Since when? Ffs admins will you tidy this nonsense up?!

It's a forum he can say what he likes. Instead of crying like a wee girl debate with him if you disagree.

Greenbeard
31-10-2020, 07:19 PM
Please tell us, who would you play in his place?
That is one of the problems. No-one challenging his position.

Blaster
31-10-2020, 07:21 PM
Hope there is a cooling off period on that contract? Embarrassingly bad performance from him. Porteous showed why he won’t go any higher than the spfl as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree Ozy. Worst hibs player by a mile. We were the better team, better chances but very little luck. Neither were penalties so suppose that was our bit of luck but hit the post and a couple of excellent saves against us too.

I’d have preferred we were rubbish and deserved to get beat

vahibbie
31-10-2020, 07:22 PM
It's Boyle's fault nobody scored the chances he created aye? Usual nonsense after a USUAL derby loss, folk lose their heads. Take Boyle out of the team and see how well we do this season.

Not all his fault but obviously part of the problem re: Hearts. It confounds me and most on here as to why we fk it up against them. Whatever it is, it's not acceptable.

Bright_Hibee
31-10-2020, 07:22 PM
Boyle has been off it for at least six weeks. He's very good when he's on form, a jersey short when not

Jones28
31-10-2020, 07:23 PM
It's a forum he can say what he likes. Instead of crying like a wee girl debate with him if you disagree.

Hahaha **** right off. He gets away with murder talking the nonsense he does on the main forum.

DH1875
31-10-2020, 07:23 PM

He's not had a good game a few times this season though. Said it before and say it again, he is a good player but way overrated by some on here.

Hermit Crab
31-10-2020, 07:24 PM

Correct, Hanlon and Stevenson have had an easy ride for a decade because nobody was challenging them, look at the guff defenders we've brought in over the years. Ryan McGivern, James Mistake et al.

I'd have had Wright on to try something different. He's much bigger than Boyle for a start. Hearts were tiring and we failed to take advantage.

Hibby Kay-Yay
31-10-2020, 07:27 PM
There’s a real danger of Boyle turning into a Mallanesque dip in form and productivity.

Greenbeard
31-10-2020, 07:28 PM
Correct, Hanlon and Stevenson have had an easy ride for a decade because nobody was challenging them, look at the guff defenders we've brought in over the years. Ryan McGivern, James Mistake et al.

I'd have had Wright on to try something different. He's much bigger than Boyle for a start. Hearts were tiring and we failed to take advantage.
You think Boyle sees Wright as a threat?
Actually maybe he should after today.

allmodcons
31-10-2020, 07:31 PM
Hahaha **** right off. He gets away with murder talking the nonsense he does on the main forum.

:agree: Just an attention seeker.

skyehibee
31-10-2020, 07:41 PM
He’s too hot and cold

DJ HIBBY
31-10-2020, 07:41 PM
This is the crux of all these threads, our squad has zero depth to attackers not on form. Boyle been poor all season but we don’t have anything in reserve to replace him with the now so has to play. Apply that to doidge or nisbet too if their form dips

Callum_62
31-10-2020, 07:47 PM
Anonymous but should have had 2 assists by half time and game over

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

staunchhibby
31-10-2020, 07:48 PM
Don't think Wright is the man to replace Boyle.When I have watched him he has not impressed at all

h1bs4life
31-10-2020, 07:54 PM
Like Boyle but apart from Kilmarnock 1st game of the season he has been poor.
Hopefully not another one who signs a long term contract and then different mentality when they play.
Also thought his form dipped when he went to play for Australia .

Andymac85
31-10-2020, 07:58 PM
There’s a reason he’s still with hibs. We have been seeing that recently.

Alfred E Newman
31-10-2020, 08:12 PM
We should have taken the lead from two of his crosses but the number of times he hit the first man was a throw back to to 2 or 3 seasons ago. Mind you he wasn't the only one.

Loopz
31-10-2020, 08:16 PM
He’s too hot and cold

Off the. :agree:

Itsnoteasy
31-10-2020, 08:32 PM
Boyle interviewed by Mikey Stewart for the semi final build up. One of Boyles answers was no disrespect to my current team but I want to play at the highest level.

Ffs your pish at the level you are at.

J-C
31-10-2020, 08:41 PM
Knock ball out of feet..snatch at cross, hit first defender..repeat. either that or underhit majority of passes. Drives you insane.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

He's turned into FM20 version of himself, unable to beat a man and hits defenders legs with the ball, very poor at the moment.

Iggy Pope
31-10-2020, 09:32 PM

He’s not done much in weeks save make funny videos jumping over hedges and stuff. Hibs need to bin that crap right away and Jack Ross should sit him on the bench until he wakes up. He’s contributing nothing much. Big player for us tonight in a big game where he should be terrorising a poor back lot lacking match practice and have their own “star man“ going down with cramp FFS in that big game at a time it’s there to be won. Never turned up. He’s not to blame for the defeat but my patience has gone with Martin Boyle and he is far from indispensable right now.

The Harp Awakes
31-10-2020, 10:22 PM
Boyle interviewed by Mikey Stewart for the semi final build up. One of Boyles answers was no disrespect to my current team but I want to play at the highest level.

Not the kind of thing you want to hear from a player in the lead up to a Semi Final against your fiercest rivals.

Ever since he signed an extended deal he seems to have gone back into his shell. The game tonight was set up for him to rip Hearts apart, but his lack of confidence beat him rather than his lack of ability.

Unseen work
31-10-2020, 10:39 PM
I think he’s been poor all season, despite scoring and assisting some goals. Even the opener against Killie when he scored 2 he actually didn’t perform well out with that.

He seems to be lacking confidence to get past a player right now. Needs to up it massively.

The issue with him and others, which I highlighted during the transfer window, is that the majority of the starting XI don’t have anyone genuinely pushing them for a starting place.

If Nisbet, Doidge and Boyle are all playing rotten, I can’t for a second see them being dropped for Shanley, Gullan, Wright etc.

IberianHibernian
31-10-2020, 10:48 PM
Problem is the expectations some of our fans have of him . When we signed him there were no expectations as he`d come from a lower division and so fans accepted his weaknesses ( poor finishing for example ) . He replaced Harris who was a much better player technically and also fast but affected by a bad injury . Boyle`s one great weapon was his pace which made him effective as a sub against tiring teams . To his credit he must have worked hard to improve especialy when Lennon was manager but his best spell was then when the whole team was playing well and he wasn`t expected to carry the load of the team . Since then , opponents have worked him out and he`s had bad injuries which have probably affected his pace and confidence . Also , in games like today`s fans are suddenly expecting him to break the deadlock unlike 2 or 3 years ago when he was only 1 of several who could cause problems . Reading what I`ve written , realised I could be writing about Ivan Sproule too - signed from lower division , very fast , no expectations at first etc

supermcginn
31-10-2020, 10:56 PM
Not the kind of thing you want to hear from a player in the lead up to a Semi Final against your fiercest rivals.

Ever since he signed an extended deal he seems to have gone back into his shell. The game tonight was set up for him to rip Hearts apart, but his lack of confidence beat him rather than his lack of ability.
Exactly, he should thank his lucky stars he plays for us. Without his pace he'd be leagues below.

Zambernardi1875
31-10-2020, 11:03 PM
love this thread, been saying it for years and slated for it.

B.H.F.C
31-10-2020, 11:08 PM
No saying he was good. But he put two on a plate for Nisbet and Doidge in the first half which had to be goals. Also should have had a pen.

The ‘pass’ to Nisbet when they were two on one was shocking though. That wins the game.

Generally, yes, he’s been crap lately. Remember his finishing at Ross County. No real competition for his place though.

Hermit Crab
31-10-2020, 11:14 PM

Careful now, someone will be along just now to tell you that you're talking ***** and Boyle could play in the EPL...:rolleyes:

Inconsequential
01-11-2020, 12:17 AM
Being controversial here but is it a coincidence his form has dipped with the disappearance of his bald patch? Mysteriously he now has what appears to be a full head of hair. Just a thought. :wink:

Hibs90
01-11-2020, 12:20 AM
Drop him. Woeful for months

Swedish hibee
01-11-2020, 02:58 AM
Believes his own hype, Earth to Boyle..

TheHarpy76
01-11-2020, 03:42 AM
He’s been honking for ages.

Nicho87
01-11-2020, 06:51 AM
Interview with Stewart confirms he believes his own hype. When a player believes this it’s usually when the form goes.

danhibees1875
01-11-2020, 06:57 AM

That's always disappointing to hear, but hardly surprising. I'd expect any footballer to say the same really.

Boyle's not been firing on all cylinders for a few weeks now and could do with a spell at being an impact sub at the moment. Some of the comments on this thread about him are more off than his comment there though.

He's entitled to aim high and deserves to do so based on his self improvement and what he's brought to Hibs over the last 5 years, not just 5 weeks.

Tambo
01-11-2020, 08:42 AM
Another very average performance from Boyle yet again this season, the only problem is we don't have anyone to take his place to let him sit on the bench.

makaveli1875
01-11-2020, 09:43 AM
He started the season well but since he signed that contract he's been shocking . The only level he'll be going to playing like that is league 1

The Captain....
01-11-2020, 09:57 AM
Being controversial here but is it a coincidence his form has dipped with the disappearance of his bald patch? Mysteriously he now has what appears to be a full head of hair. Just a thought. :wink:

:greengrin Reverse Samson Id suppose youd call it.

I think Boyle is a decent player at scottish premiership level, he's currently struggling to find his form. Under normal circumstances he might be dropped for a couple of weeks but as other posters have pointed out we dont have anyone good enough to play in his place. He can drive you insane with the inconsistency of his performnce during a match but is still capable of producing match winning moments (cross for Nisbet that Gordon made decent save) while unfortunately also looking like he's never played the game before (underhit pass for Doidge or Nisbet when we were 3 on 2 late in the game). Until he improves on that he wont play at a higher level than the Scottish Premiership imo.

Greenbeard
01-11-2020, 11:12 AM
Boyle was my top rated Hibs player yesterday,
That's in my FFS ratings i.e. the number of times you shout FFS at a particular player during the match.
Clear winner (although closely followed by Willie Colum).

B.H.F.C
01-11-2020, 11:18 AM
I’d be giving him a seat on the bench of Friday.

SaulGoodman
01-11-2020, 11:32 AM

You’re talking *****, Boyle could play in the EPL.

DaveF
01-11-2020, 11:33 AM
I’d be giving him a seat on the bench of Friday.

I agree. Give Gullan or Wright his spot and let them have a run of games to see what they can do.

B.H.F.C
01-11-2020, 11:35 AM
I agree. Give Gullan or Wright his spot and let them have a run of games to see what they can do.

Should add, I think Boyle will come good again but he’s playing poorly at the moment.

Scott Allan’s name has been mentioned elsewhere and I bet Boyle is missing him more than most.

Just_Jimmy
01-11-2020, 11:49 AM
his decision making is utterly garbage. he'll run right into the defender or he'll play a ball through in the wrong direction.

it's frustrating as hell cos his other areas are a top player at this level.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
01-11-2020, 11:54 AM
TBH its starting to look very much like he wanted away in Summer and coz nobody came in for him hes signed a new deal with us. Thought his interview pre-match was extremely disrespectful to us fans and his performance for most of the match and this season so far have been very poor. Hes starting to believe his own hype - and he's nowhere near as good as he or the media would have u believe. Deserves to be dropped imo

Since452
01-11-2020, 11:57 AM
He hasn't been all that good since the Australia call up in all honesty. One good game in five.

chrisski33
01-11-2020, 11:57 AM
Im sure when the transfer window opens his form will raise a level!

Coco Bryce
01-11-2020, 12:48 PM
TBH its starting to look very much like he wanted away in Summer and coz nobody came in for him hes signed a new deal with us. Thought his interview pre-match was extremely disrespectful to us fans and his performance for most of the match and this season so far have been very poor. Hes starting to believe his own hype - and he's nowhere near as good as he or the media would have u believe. Deserves to be dropped imo

This. He's not as good as he thinks he is.

Lago
01-11-2020, 12:56 PM
Spot on, he has definitely regressed this season looks more like the player he was when he came from Dundee, not sure why he seems so reluctant to take on an opponent, scared he gets hurt in a tackle, don't know but needs to snap out of it quickly.

hibee-boys
01-11-2020, 01:15 PM
We've been far too reliant on Boyle to create chances, double up on Boyle when he's on the ball and Hibs are easy to defend against. We need more threats in the last 3rd to stretch teams, I guess thats why we've brought Murphy/Wright and Magennis here, sooner they are fit the better. Saying that it does not excuse some of the horrific control and decision making evidenced over the last few games by Boyle. Get back to the basics Martin, get your head out the clouds dreaming of clubs at a 'higher level' or you'll find youself benched at this club!

#2 Double Tap
01-11-2020, 01:24 PM
Spot on, he has definitely regressed this season looks more like the player he was when he came from Dundee, not sure why he seems so reluctant to take on an opponent, scared he gets hurt in a tackle, don't know but needs to snap out of it quickly.

imo boyle like scotty allan are not suited to our style of play at the moment, i think they thrive in a high tempo attack attack attack typa team.

also think the lack of fans has a real negative effect on players like him. the applauding, the oohss and ahhs when it doesnt come off, these are the things that keep him focused and confident and wanting to try it again!!! .

gaz1875
01-11-2020, 04:42 PM
imo boyle like scotty allan are not suited to our style of play at the moment, i think they thrive in a high tempo attack attack attack typa team.

also think the lack of fans has a real negative effect on players like him. the applauding, the oohss and ahhs when it doesnt come off, these are the things that keep him focused and confident and wanting to try it again!!! .

This is our big problem, we have no high tempo attacks, from defence through midfield it's too slow. Yesterday at half time I messaged my brother saying McGinn (who played okay) had loads of space to attack at pace but kept passing after strolling up the pitch letting them get behind the ball. We need players charging up the pitch putting defenders on the back foot. This isn't happening and we have good strikers looking for space but not getting the ball quick enough. I was hoping Magennis would be that type of quick attacking player. but not sure what he is going to bring, as despite his few appearances he's not showed anything to get my hopes up.

1875Sean
20-11-2020, 12:29 PM
Seen in the bbc gossip column that clubs nah have to do without players outside Europe from January 24 until February 1 if they are called up for international duty, I would imagine if he is in the squad he will miss 2 or 3 games