PDA

View Full Version : Hibs' number one priority should be winning derbies

Diclonius
31-10-2020, 06:31 PM
Because this happens too often and too much.

-Jonesy-
31-10-2020, 06:34 PM
Seems like a bit of a waste of time when their in a league below and we are sitting third in the premiership??

Sir David Gray
31-10-2020, 06:38 PM
We should seriously consider forfeiting these games until further notice.

hibIBZ
31-10-2020, 06:43 PM
Nope, finishing as high as possible in the top division and getting as far as possible in the cups.

League wise I couldn't care less if we lost to them 4 times in a season if we finish way above them.

Today hurts of course it does, not because it's them, but because it's a chance to win a trophy gone

Onion
31-10-2020, 06:45 PM
Nah, you'd just become like bitter Jambos.

We just need is a team of winners - players with mental fortitude and conviction. Instead, our budget invariably buys us nice footballers who can play a bit, win a few games but ultimately crumble when put under real pressure. The 2016/17 squad and management was a rare exception.

vahibbie
31-10-2020, 06:47 PM
Nope, finishing as high as possible in the top division and getting as far as possible in the cups.

League wise I couldn't care less if we lost to them 4 times in a season if we finish way above them.

Today hurts of course it does, not because it's them, but because it's a chance to win a trophy gone

Actually beating them would have help the last few years.
We should make a bigger effort to make this a priority. It is for us and it should be for the club. At the very least we shouldn't **** roll over.

hibIBZ
31-10-2020, 06:48 PM

We just need is a team of winners - players with mental fortitude and conviction. Instead, our budget invariably buys us nice footballers who can play a bit, win a few games but ultimately crumble when put under real pressure. The 2016/17 squad and management was a rare exception.

Yup the same 16/17 squad that still bottled it a tynecastle for a chance at 2nd

Carheenlea
31-10-2020, 06:49 PM
We should seriously consider forfeiting these games until further notice.

Grow up

wookie70
31-10-2020, 06:51 PM
Yup the same 16/17 squad that still bottled it a tynecastle for a chance at 2nd To be fair the manager bottled that by going one up top

Sir David Gray
31-10-2020, 06:51 PM
Grow up

Excuse me for reacting to yet another bottle job in a derby. :aok:

hibIBZ
31-10-2020, 06:52 PM
To be fair the manager bottled that by going one up top

Possibly, I think he picked the wrong striker, anyway we'll in the past now

vahibbie
31-10-2020, 06:53 PM

Actually beating them would have help the last few years.
We should make a bigger effort to make this a priority. It is for us and it should be for the club. At the very least we shouldn't **** roll over.

Pagan Hibernia
31-10-2020, 06:53 PM

our famous five team that won 3 league titles in 5 seasons also had a rotten record against hearts.

there’s something about this derby. When we’re the best team we lose. When we’re the worse team we get hammered. Again and again with the very odd exception. It’s soul destroying.

hibeerealist
31-10-2020, 06:54 PM
Manager MUST take some of the blame here, he needs to get it through his comfortable head that losing to them = losing yer job ( Ross yer a a ****** fanny I thought after the derby at ER you were very lucky to keep yer job and now I think LD and RG need to boot your ****** arse)

what a let down and NO excuses

Hibernia&Alba
31-10-2020, 06:54 PM
Our derby record since I first attended a game in the late eighties must be pretty horrific. I don't want to see the numbers.

AFKA5814_Hibs
31-10-2020, 06:56 PM
Not wishing to point the blame at Nisbet as he's young and will learn from it, but his inexperience showed tonight. His header compared to Wighton's and his penalty compared to Boyce's was the difference tonight. They had experienced players to take their chances.

Jim44
31-10-2020, 07:04 PM
To paraphrase Churchill, when we waken up in the morning, we’ll still be performing well at the top level with the promise of a good season to enjoy. They’ll still be playing at a low level with no right to expect they’ll get out of it and under quite severe pressure. I wouldn’t swap places for a minute.

vahibbie
31-10-2020, 07:09 PM
Not wishing to point the blame at Nisbet as he's young and will learn from it, but his inexperience showed tonight. His header compared to Wighton's and his penalty compared to Boyce's was the difference tonight. They had experienced players to take their chances.

Nonsense. Nisbet is by far a better player and has probably scored more headers, penalties and goals than Wighton. We (Hibs) just crumble against them in the big games. It has to stop.

Pagan Hibernia
31-10-2020, 07:11 PM
To paraphrase Churchill, when we waken up in the morning, we’ll still be performing well at the top level with the promise of a good season to enjoy. They’ll still be playing at a low level with no right to expect they’ll get out of it and under quite severe pressure. I wouldn’t swap places for a minute.

yes, well, I’d rather be in the Scottish cup final when I wake up in the morning. But I won’t be because my team bottled it in a derby for the millionth time!

AFKA5814_Hibs
31-10-2020, 07:13 PM
Nonsense. Nisbet is by far a better player and has probably scored more headers, penalties and goals than Wighton. We (Hibs) just crumble against them in the big games. It has to stop.

He might end up a better player than both and I hope he does, but tonight it didnt work out for him. His header was good but could have been placed better, his penalty was poor.

.Sean.
31-10-2020, 07:16 PM
I wish the derbies had the engrained importance to us as they do to that mob.

Silky
31-10-2020, 07:37 PM
Manager MUST take some of the blame here, he needs to get it through his comfortable head that losing to them = losing yer job ( Ross yer a a ****** fanny I thought after the derby at ER you were very lucky to keep yer job and now I think LD and RG need to boot your ****** arse)

Wow. So, effectively a Hibs manager to takes us down but beats Hearts 4 times a season is safe?? Wow.

bordergreen
31-10-2020, 07:38 PM

I think that it is time we completely changed our approach to these games. They seem to be told this game means everything. We seem to approach them too relaxed. That is not just Jack Ross, this has happened for years.

Look at the pre match reporting. It is not a coincidence that they are really up for it and win more of these games.

Cue all the usual put downs from regular posters on here. Enjoy your moral high ground. We have lost again.

I know we weren't played off the park today, but guess what, We lost to them again.

#pissedoffagain

h1bs4life
31-10-2020, 07:48 PM
It should be any manager we haves top priority .
Win Derby games and you get a lot of good will from the fans .
Doesn't what team or manager we have it seems to be a mind set within the club.
We lack leaders on the park seems that they are always more determined to win derbies.
Tonight they were cynical fouling , pulling jerseys anything to break up the game make it scrappy and for some reason it worked again.

green day
31-10-2020, 07:50 PM

I may get a few days for this, but you are 100% a Hearts fan at the windup.

Bristolhibby
31-10-2020, 07:54 PM
Bollox. They are a Championship team. All about Europe IMHO. Keep chipping away at the league please.

J

Chuck Rhoades
01-11-2020, 07:19 AM

No it shouldn’t, it should be to rack up as many wins in the league and finish in the highest position possible. Our entire existence shouldn’t revolve around winning derbies, like it is for them.

Brightside
01-11-2020, 08:44 AM

Nonsense.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-11-2020, 09:58 AM

It was 2017/18, and we were also knocked out the cup by them at Tynecastle.

the tornadoe
01-11-2020, 10:07 AM

I would have last night around 8pm.... just beaten your most bitter rivals at Hampden AGAIN, into a very winnable Scottish cup final, European football next year and in a league they will win at a canter........

Hibee ultra
01-11-2020, 10:09 AM

I agree we need to take these games more seriously but our top priority should be European qualification and if possible winning silverware we should not be so obsessed over our derby record that we sack good managers because of it unlike that lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
01-11-2020, 10:40 AM
I agree we need to take these games more seriously but our top priority should be European qualification and if possible winning silverware we should not be so obsessed over our derby record that we sack good managers because of it unlike that lot

Not for me, sorry. A couple of defeats against some Nordic team in the summer doesn't compare to beating Hearts.

As for silverware, well - Hearts are one of the teams we can, and usually do, play in cups.

Real Emerald
01-11-2020, 10:51 AM

European qualification gets us nowhere these days, the club has treated the ties as nothing more than pre season game’s lately. How you can prioritise playing some no name team from the back of beyond in July above beating Hearts in a SC semi final is bizarre. It’s attitudes like this that cause us to habitually fail when the important games come around. I’d rather finish 10th in the league if it meant beating that shower of pish and reaching another cup final.

Hibee ultra
01-11-2020, 10:53 AM
European qualification gets us nowhere these days, the club has treated the ties as nothing more than pre season game’s lately. How you can prioritise playing some no name team from the back of beyond in July above beating Hearts in a SC semi final is bizarre. It’s attitudes like this that cause us to habitually fail when the important games come around. I’d rather finish 10th in the league if it meant beating that shower of pish and reaching another cup final.

I’m not saying prioritise beating some random sweedish team over hearts but I think in long run I’d rather finish well above the *******s than beat them 1 extra time a season however I agree we definitely need to take derby games way more seriously

Real Emerald
01-11-2020, 11:00 AM
I’m not saying prioritise beating some random sweedish team over hearts but I think in long run I’d rather finish well above the *******s than beat them 1 extra time a season however I agree we definitely need to take derby games way more seriously

We need to start beating them regularly especially when they have a very poor team. It’s very important to all Hibs fans because last nights cup exit to them is a disgrace. They’ve played 2 competitive league games in 7 months and that was against poor opposition, they came off a 30 game season in March only winning 4 games, 2 of them against us. I think it’s a top priority to beat them. I’m not going to be dancing around my living room when we qualify for Europe, getting beat by then hurts.

hibee62
01-11-2020, 11:03 AM
No it shouldn’t, it should be to rack up as many wins in the league and finish in the highest position possible. Our entire existence shouldn’t revolve around winning derbies, like it is for them.

Remember they hounded Neilson out on the grounds that he “let Hibs win the cup”. That resulted in 3 years of regression culminating in relegation and then having to go back to the start again!

Diclonius
01-11-2020, 11:21 AM
We need to start beating them regularly especially when they have a very poor team. It’s very important to all Hibs fans because last nights cup exit to them is a disgrace. They’ve played 2 competitive league games in 7 months and that was against poor opposition, they came off a 30 game season in March only winning 4 games, 2 of them against us. I think it’s a top priority to beat them. I’m not going to be dancing around my living room when we qualify for Europe, getting beat by then hurts.

Yup.

Good Hearts team, good Hibs team: likely Hearts win.
Bad Hearts team, good Hibs team: even chance.
Good Hearts team, bad Hibs team: guaranteed Hearts win.

That is unacceptable.

matty_f
01-11-2020, 11:22 AM
It should be a priority, but the number one priority? **** that.

Priority should be being successful - cup wins and finishing as high up the league as we can and progressing in Europe.

To do those things, we’ll probably need to beat Hearts, but making that our top priority, not for me.

Itsnoteasy
01-11-2020, 11:37 AM
Our derby record since I first attended a game in the late eighties must be pretty horrific. I don't want to see the numbers.

Early 80s for me even £3cken worse.

scoopyboy
01-11-2020, 11:43 AM
Not defending poor record but posters suggesting Hibs don't take the derby seriously, wow that's just mental

Smartie
01-11-2020, 11:49 AM
It shouldn’t be the number one priority, but there should be an automatic fine of 1 week’s wages for any club employee who utters the phrase “just another game” in relation to any derby.

It isn’t. It just f*****g isn’t.

European football and winning trophies should always be at the top of the list of priorities but having the upper hand on them should be at most very close behind.

B.H.F.C
01-11-2020, 11:52 AM
Not defending poor record but posters suggesting Hibs don't take the derby seriously, wow that's just mental

I don’t think we don’t take it seriously. But what’s the difference? Why do they continually dig results out against us, regardless of who the manager is and who the players are and even when they have an inferior team?

I thought they got lucky last night. We should have won the game, simple as that. But their record isn’t all down to luck. There has to be something fundamentally different that happens in the lead up to derbies over there in the build up to derbies as what happens here.

Since452
01-11-2020, 11:52 AM
Hearts define themselves by beating Hibs. They won 4 games last season, 2 againt us. If they showed that same desire against other clubs they wouldn't be in the lower leagues. They always beat us but I'd rather be in our position and not only raise our game against Hearts.

Smartie
01-11-2020, 11:53 AM

It clearly means more to Hearts though.

I genuinely believe that.

I mean the club, not the fans.

Diclonius
01-11-2020, 12:05 PM

We don't take it as seriously as them which is enough for them to do us over more often than not.

scoopyboy
01-11-2020, 12:09 PM
We don't take it as seriously as them which is enough for them to do us over more often than not.

Cant agree with that, I've never ever thought that any player or official has written the derby off as just a laugh.

Are you seriously suggesting that Hibs didn't take a Scottish Cup semi seriously?

Hiber-nation
01-11-2020, 12:11 PM
I was speaking to a couple of jambos today and they both said the same thing about derbies in the past few seasons, in that Bartley used to dominate the midfield and Hibs just don't have that anymore. It's not something that occurred to me right away to be honest but that's the way they see it.

Diclonius
01-11-2020, 12:21 PM
Cant agree with that, I've never ever thought that any player or official has written the derby off as just a laugh.

Are you seriously suggesting that Hibs didn't take a Scottish Cup semi seriously?

No, but we didn't treat it as any different to a Scottish cup against, say, Aberdeen.

Barney McGrew
01-11-2020, 12:25 PM
No, but we didn't treat it as any different to a Scottish cup against, say, Aberdeen.

So you’re suggesting we shouldn’t be taking a Scottish Cup semi against Aberdeen as seriously as our one yesterday?

Frazerbob
01-11-2020, 12:37 PM
6 defeats in the last 18 Derbies. Finishing above them in the league for the 4th year in a row. Last to win the league cup, last to win the Scottish cup, last to play in Europe. Over reaction?

Lago
01-11-2020, 12:47 PM
I wish the derbies had the engrained importance to us as they do to that mob.
You've pretty much hit the nail on the head. Over the many years supporting Hibs it always amazes me that where ever they come from, Scotland, rest of UK or abroad the Hearts players immediately buy into the need to beat Hibs, whereas with Hibs the players say all the right things, talk the talk and then.... Fall at the Derby fence.
WHY??

Smartie
01-11-2020, 12:47 PM
6 defeats in the last 18 Derbies. Finishing above them in the league for the 4th year in a row. Last to win the league cup, last to win the Scottish cup, last to play in Europe. Over reaction?

A lot of the better results in those derbies have been a few years ago now.

Hearts have also been absolutely dug****e for the past 2 years - yet have managed to hold the upper hand over us during that time.

The fact that they can take players who are either poor or hopelessly out of form and beat players of ours who on paper you would expect to be better, must be down to something.

Of the 18 games to which you refer, a decent few of those will have been down to Stubbs, who absolutely bought players and built teams who had the physical and mental strength to perform in derbies. Not just battle, but to play football.

We do seem to go to pieces when we are anything like favourites, we did very well in these games when we were considered underdogs.

PH91
01-11-2020, 01:47 PM
It clearly means more to Hearts though.

I genuinely believe that.

I mean the club, not the fans.

What do you even mean by "the club"?

The people who affect the first team are players, managers, coaching staff, recruitment team etc. These people are ever changing. For example, bar 2 players none are left at the club from the last time hearts beat us at hampden.

The period before Dempster was dominated by Hearts because they had a better team. Since dempster has come in our record against them is won 7, drawn 8 and lost 8. Pretty even.

Last night was absolutely gutting but some fans branding words like "humiliated" around is ridiculous. Probably the same fans who couldn't get the reality into their head pre-match and were predicting a "pumping". Their squad is based on a budget comparible or maybe even greater than ours. The gulf in quality between the two squads is small as they have recruited quite well and got their best players back from long term injury. It was always going to be a close game that, if the key moments don't go in your favour, you could end up losing. That's what happened.

Peevemor
01-11-2020, 01:49 PM

The people who affect the first team are players, managers, coaching staff, recruitment team etc. These people are ever changing. For example, bar 2 players none are left at the club from the last time hearts beat us at hampden.

The period before Dempster was dominated by Hearts because they had a better team. Since dempster has come in our record against them is won 7, drawn 8 and lost 8. Pretty even.

Last night was absolutely gutting but some fans branding words like "humiliated" around is ridiculous. Probably the same fans who couldn't get the reality into their head pre-match and were predicting a "pumping". Their squad is based on a budget comparible or maybe even greater than ours. The gulf in quality between the two squads is small as they have recruited quite well and got their best players back from long term injury. It was always going to be a close game that, if the key moments don't go in your favour, you could end up losing. That's what happened.

Spot on.

Smartie
01-11-2020, 02:49 PM

What I mean is that you often hear from players joining Hearts about the importance of the derby being drummed into them - stuff ike "whatever happens, we don't lose to Hibs". It's a big part of what their club is about, it's drummed into the foreigners, the mediocre journeymen, the lot.

You get the feeling that when Hibs are going through a spell of doing crap in this fixture it's because a "just another game" attitude pervades the club.

Is it a coincidence that McLeish had an excellent derby record? Stubbs? Is is coincidence that Miller really toiled in spite of often having superior players? Is it coincidence that Ross appears to all intents and purposes to be a very decent manager yet he's managed to pull a couple of stinking results - and performances - out of the bag in the past 2 games?

What do you put Aidy White, a half fit Halliday and co managing to raise their games against a team that has if not being firing on all cylinders, at least been producing results? Playing well enough that they should be beating a Championship side that have played hardly any football, if indeed it was "like any other game".

They want it more, too often.

The dalmeny
01-11-2020, 03:31 PM

agreed, we’re seeing what’s important to ‘a life long fan of a club’ against what’s important to a footballer who after all us just an employee doing his job.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-11-2020, 03:34 PM

Not sure if that makes me feel better or worse, despite being the better team for those years as evidenced by those achievements- we've failed to dominate tbe Derbys.

PH91
01-11-2020, 04:21 PM
What I mean is that you often hear from players joining Hearts about the importance of the derby being drummed into them - stuff ike "whatever happens, we don't lose to Hibs". It's a big part of what their club is about, it's drummed into the foreigners, the mediocre journeymen, the lot.

You get the feeling that when Hibs are going through a spell of doing crap in this fixture it's because a "just another game" attitude pervades the club.

Is it a coincidence that McLeish had an excellent derby record? Stubbs? Is is coincidence that Miller really toiled in spite of often having superior players? Is it coincidence that Ross appears to all intents and purposes to be a very decent manager yet he's managed to pull a couple of stinking results - and performances - out of the bag in the past 2 games?

What do you put Aidy White, a half fit Halliday and co managing to raise their games against a team that has if not being firing on all cylinders, at least been producing results? Playing well enough that they should be beating a Championship side that have played hardly any football, if indeed it was "like any other game".

Surely mcleish and stubbs' good records are down to those being periods where we had a better team.

You say "you often hear", from who? Fans on here or kickback? Looking at recent times i.e. since relegation, the argument that they are always more up for it just doesn't stack up. The derby record is pretty even.

There is of course a question mark over the current management team given the 3 derby's they have overseen. But I don't buy into this idea that there is a mentality engrained in Hearts and not Hibs that has resided over multiple cycles of staff.

HendoDelivered
01-11-2020, 04:24 PM
It’s hard to see where the next derby victory is going to come from. The last 2 games they have been there for the taking, probably never have a better chance of beating them convincingly for a long time.

flash
02-11-2020, 04:36 PM

Just noticed this gem. You can't hide class.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2020, 04:44 PM
Just noticed this gem. You can't hide class.

Probably just saying what the rest of us were all thinking tbh

Wilson
02-11-2020, 04:47 PM

Didn't say anything close to what I was thinking tbh.

Brightside
02-11-2020, 04:48 PM

a very tiny minority..... certainly not the rest of us.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Didn't say anything close to what I was thinking tbh.
After witnessing 1-3 I have to admit it crossed my mind

Same old movie

Diclonius
02-11-2020, 04:51 PM

:top marks

Imagine if the game was played with the exact same players and coaching staff. One difference - their players are playing for us, our players are playing for them. Jack Ross is the Hearts manager, with all his coaching staff, and vice versa for Robbie Neilson and us. Us in the Championship, them in the Premiership.

We'd have been gubbed.

superfurryhibby
02-11-2020, 05:15 PM

Not me either.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2020, 05:19 PM
Not me either.

Fine

Losing was not an option and he finds a way to lose

Needs his arse booted 😃

flash
02-11-2020, 05:21 PM

Speak for yourself.

Since452
02-11-2020, 05:23 PM
Hearts will continue to be a yo-yo club because they care more about beating Hibs than anything else. Success to them is beating Hibs, doesn't matter where they finish. We've seen it countless times over the years. Saturday was Hearts cup final. Celtic will beat them without any difficulty. Hearts won't care.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2020, 05:24 PM
Speak for yourself.

If you’re happy for Hearts to lord it over us carry on

Andy74
02-11-2020, 05:32 PM
:top marks

Imagine if the game was played with the exact same players and coaching staff. One difference - their players are playing for us, our players are playing for them. Jack Ross is the Hearts manager, with all his coaching staff, and vice versa for Robbie Neilson and us. Us in the Championship, them in the Premiership.

We'd have been gubbed.

Do you have an imaginary friend?

Andy74
02-11-2020, 05:34 PM

That’s the only other possible alternative is it?

flash
02-11-2020, 05:37 PM
Do you have an imaginary friend?

I couldn't even work it out, never mind who would win.

flash
02-11-2020, 05:38 PM

What's that got to do with his graceless tirade?

superfurryhibby
02-11-2020, 05:38 PM

I’m not happy for Hearts to beat us, but what can I do about it?

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2020, 05:44 PM
That’s the only other possible alternative is it?

My point is after 1-3 we knew Hearts were going to be falling down if a Hibs player comes within a yard of them claimiing for everything telling the Ref to book Hanlon is an example fighting for every ball

All I am saying is the OP has a point

Jack Ross needs to know what being HIBS Manager is all about losing against Hearts is not an option

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2020, 05:48 PM
What's that got to do with his graceless tirade?

Yes well maybe not in that language but along those lines 😃

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2020, 05:52 PM
I’m not happy for Hearts to beat us, but what can I do about it?

Not a lot I suppose that’s why JR is on the big bucks

All I am saying is the OP has a point but maybe not in his language

Hearts always find a way

Boils ma pish!

Onion
02-11-2020, 06:01 PM
Who wants to be like Hearts in any way ? They're sad and bitter *******s who's whole lives revolve around beating Hibs. They will never be able to scratch that itch. Can't live with us, cannot live without us :greengrin Nope, I take pride that Hibs see Hearts as just another barrier to achieving success - Cups, Europe etc.

What annoys me is Hibs were 2 games away from winning a Cup. Hearts, a lower league team who had played the total sum of 2 league matches in 7 months (against lower league teams) were even close to matching us in fitness, determination and goals scoring. It is shameful to everyone in a Hibs jersey - not because it was Hearts - because of the circumstances and the prize, a National Cup Final.

Just as our Cup Win in 2016 was and should have been ALL about Hibs - and nothing whatsoever about who we beat (Sevco) - Saturday was all about winning to get into the Scottish Cup final IMO, Hibs players forgot that and got suckered in to the pre-match derby crap.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2020, 06:26 PM
Someone just posted on another thread whatever Jack Ross said at half-time done no good whatsoever

Sums it up

Jones28
02-11-2020, 06:32 PM

He doesn’t speak for me. In fact I don’t know a single Hibs fan who would agree with that.

The 90+2
02-11-2020, 06:36 PM
Someone just posted on another thread whatever Jack Ross said at half-time done no good whatsoever

Sums it up

I thought we came out well after half time tbh so much they made a double sub to win back the midfield.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2020, 06:45 PM
He doesn’t speak for me. In fact I don’t know a single Hibs fan who would agree with that.

Fair enough but this HIBS fan is not happy at being turned over at Easter Road 1-3 by the worst team in the league not even laying a glove on them and being beat again by Hearts now a championship side at Hampden for a third time by a side that has played a couple of games in the Seaside League when we have played a quarter of our league in the top tier and they are laughing at us but you carry on

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2020, 06:46 PM
I thought we came out well after half time tbh so much they made a double sub to win back the midfield.

What did JR do to counter it ?

That changed the game

Andy74
02-11-2020, 06:49 PM
Fair enough but this HIBS fan is not happy at being turned over at Easter Road 1-3 by the worst team in the league not even laying a glove on them and being beat again by Hearts now a championship side at Hampden for a third time by a side that has played a couple of games in the Seaside League when we have played a quarter of our league in the top tier and they are laughing at us but you carry on

Okay so what are you going to do now?

monarch
02-11-2020, 06:52 PM
For them the downside of their obsession on the derby is that they took their eye off games against the likes of St Mirren.

See where that got them.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2020, 06:52 PM

Pray for a win on Friday 😃

It’s not going to be pretty

jacomo
03-11-2020, 01:32 PM

I can’t hear them all the way from the Championship. Their noise is of little concern to me.

Fanforlife
03-11-2020, 01:38 PM
I would have last night around 8pm.... just beaten your most bitter rivals at Hampden AGAIN, into a very winnable Scottish cup final, European football next year and in a league they will win at a canter........game was Last season's Semi,for which European place was given to Aberdeen, who unfortunately are out of Europe now.🤣🤣

BILLYHIBS
03-11-2020, 02:05 PM
I can’t hear them all the way from the Championship. Their noise is of little concern to me.
I am talking about Lording it over us on the football pitch

Let’s just pray we don’t get them again in one of the two cup competitions in 2020/21

I'm Spartacus
03-11-2020, 02:07 PM
I may get a few days for this, but you are 100% a Hearts fan at the windup.

There are posters with 40k+ posts that are just as bad!

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 02:17 PM

You on the copy and paste job, aye?

The 90+2
03-11-2020, 02:23 PM

We’ve lost 3 of the last 4 including two when one, getting relegated and the other actually ****ing down in the Semi Final of the Scottish Cup.

Carheenlea
06-11-2020, 07:47 PM
Tonight emphasises how important derby wins are - this performance is a hangover from last week from a squad with dented confidence and little inspiration.

Wilson
06-11-2020, 10:20 PM
Tonight emphasises how important derby wins are - this performance is a hangover from last week from a squad with dented confidence and little inspiration.

It also emphasises how you can't dwell on it if you don't win it - because moping won't change the result and the next game comes at you fast.

TheHarpy76
06-11-2020, 11:27 PM
Horrendous philosophy. Our number 1 priority is to win our next game.

Are you seriously saying that our priority is to win a game against a team we probably won’t face again until next season?

Steve-O
07-11-2020, 01:10 AM

I went to a good majority of derbies between about 87 - 2007 and Hibs wins were few and far between, unfortunately.

I reckon in that 20 years I saw us win 5 times at Tynecastle. Record at ER was a little better, but not much!